• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen What The Water Gave Me - A SoulSilver Nuzlocke Comic

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
27.11. part 41

effsnares

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
52449a1643147324b85668f1326619583.png

Hello and welcome, dear friends!
What The Water Gave Me (WWGM) is a story-heavy (but hopefully not heavy to read) SoulSilver Nuzlocke comic. Its main themes are friendship and forgiveness, cute Pokémon, and overcoming fear of failure.

But there's, like, a lot of cute Pokémon.

Updates twice a month.​

RULES
  • If it's dead, it's dead
  • No dupes clause
  • Gift Pokémon are allowed
  • No healing items in rival battles

DISCLAIMER
WWGM occasionally deals with mature themes in a non-explicit and non-glorifying manner. Every update with such themes will be behind a link and have clear warnings. Please pay attention to the content warnings below as they may update or expand as the story goes on. Despite the warnings the theme and overall tone of the comic is lighthearted and positive. WWGM is rated for teen audiences.

cw: substance/alcohol abuse and violence as a coping mechanism, child neglect, canon-typical violence with more explicit detail (Pokémon battles), themes of death, themes of non-explicit sexuality. The warnings below will be added to page links where they apply.
V - violence
L - strong language
BV - bad vibes

I'm a firm believer in using tools to reference and learn from!! If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. I don't trace or use other artists' work for direct reference.
- Indoor and arcitechture references - Sims 4
- Figure and pose references - Clip Studio Paint 3D modeling tool
- Hand and grip references - myself
CSP resources used:

たろ。■ 黒マメ ■ 0chimon0 ■ Yaa ■ こんきち ■ HisB ■ CGしゃーく■ omamori ■ makinoarco ■ Oldschool-girl ■ スミカワ ■ 星01 ■ SIKi ■ DOTORAM ■ PinkDovess ■

Thank all the wonderful people for these<3
Dingo
FoxRodDraws / Alora
Vippy

Last edited:

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
But there's, like, a lot of cute Pokémon.
Sign me up! 📝

There's also pretty water effects! (Hoping you pick Totodile if for no other reason than I get to see more pretty water effects on a pretty much guaranteed regular basis. >_>)

Nessi

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
God I´m so excited for this X3 I feel like this is gonna be one of the great ones <3

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Very rarely, it hyperfocuses for days on end and produces a finished project. Despite this, it won't stop starting more that it never completes.
New comic? New comic 👀 You've already got me intrigued with that prologue, and ohhh look at all the Pokemon on the roofs and walking around with their trainers and stuff. Excited for this one!

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
Ooooo I'm excited! I had been eying the wips you were posting. Already got a non-traditional protagonist, maybe?

Kadew

*plotting something*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
eyyy florence + the machine title, that's some good musical tastes there. And the comic itself? gorgeous, delightful for the eyes, and the main character Lyra already is dripping with character after just a scant few panels. I'm really looking forward to where this comic goes!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Like, if I haven't made it clear enough up to this point in time: I am such a sucker for your art. Especially, ESPECIALLY your backgrounds. Those establishing shots are just... Chef's Kiss.

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
dY4PRKC.jpg

I was wondering what happened to you! Glad to see you making another run!

OP
effsnares

effsnares

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
@Bowser's Family Vacation haha sorry, we stan grass starters in this house!! But you'll get water effects anyway, I promise!
@Nessi thank you so much, I hope you'll end up liking it<3
@Garnet thank you, I'm happy to hear that!!
@mizar hehee thank you! no comment on the protag ;3
@Kadew thanks so much ;w; Lyra is actually the obligatory supporting lesbian but that of course makes her only more important. My brain connects Johto and F+The Machine for some reason so the title was always going to be something related to that!
@Bug aaaaa thank you<3<3 ilu
@DistortionLocke LEMME JUST SAY I LAUGHED AT THIS

We meet a friend and a Menace. Also, I'm doing updates every other week now!

Hana

Sparkly eldritch horrorterror
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 22, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Ice
PPFFT Gold's face in the second panel is...... pure gold (pun 100% intended)

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
A whole Team of little gremlin demons <3 Kit and Nettie are such cute names too!

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Very rarely, it hyperfocuses for days on end and produces a finished project. Despite this, it won't stop starting more that it never completes.
Those descriptions are killing me, god. Met at the scene of the crime, certified munchkin... and boy, I hope nobody tells the IRS about Kit, hah! Loving these designs, too!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Nettie and Kit are adorable little gremlins and I love how you designed them. The little leaves around Nettie's neck really sell the redesign, and they are both bean-shaped and thus friend-shaped.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Gold can't control his demons when he is Head Gremlin. 👿

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
I saw Kit’s description and immediately thought of this:
l3GPTyb.jpg

OP
effsnares

effsnares

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
@Hana fdsfdgffg I appreciate it...
@Nessi yes, their trainer included!!
@Garnet thank you, I had a great time coming up with them : D
@Trollkitten thank you so much!! Nettie had to be fluffy for plot relevant reasons to be revealed later, I'm glad you like him<3
@Bowser's Family Vacation you hit the nail on the head!
@DistortionLocke I FULLY APPRECIATE THIS

vblPqF8.png

I'm doing the update a bit early because I won't be online tomorrow, but here you go!

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
I loooooove those Backgrounds! God they are just amazing

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
What are best friends for if not to be an idiot? and an idiot who is annoyingly good with pokemon is a useful idiot c:

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
As someone with sharp canines, can I tell you how much I appreciate Lyra’s teeth?

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I wonder what Lugia's connection to Lyra is. The prologue was most likely from her perspective, and the comic is called what the water gave me so I'm guessing that Lugia gave her something special. Unless it was a second chance at life. While dinner is most likely more expensive than 3 oran berries, Lyra does risk getting fired or having those berries taken out of her paycheck. By the title I would guess that Lyra gets Totodile, but since Gold has Chikorita and the rival who's normally named Silver takes the starter that is strong against yours I'm guessing that she gets Cyndaquil. Since I'm assuming that Lyra is the main character, since this is a nuzlocke she'll have to start a journey eventually. I wonder what will make her go? I can see being a trainer as paying better than her current job, or Gold's stunt getting her fired.

Users who are viewing this thread