• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke Advice FAQ What Game/Run/Challenge should you do next?

Thread Description
Now with 200% more xenforo

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
You want to do a nuzlocke, but you don't know what game to do, or what ruleset to use. What better way to decide than to leave your fate to the forums?

This is a pretty straightforward thread - ask about what run you should do next, suggest things for other people that suit their skill level or wants. Have fun

Crediting @Raverist with the original thread way back in 2010

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Perfect timing for this thread, because I can use some advice!

I really want to start branching out and posting more runs of my rulesets, but I can't decide where to go next. I started a kingdomlocke of Sword with the intent of posting it, but I wanted to wait until I was further along in my current posted run so I didn't overwhelm myself. But now I'm already at gym 7 in Sword, and I'm not sure if I would enjoy sharing it as much because I'm used to posting as I play. But I did have a small comedic story in mind for it, involving a trans Saint Francis as the trainer sent by God to Middle Ages Galar to restore peace to the land. Kind of a crazy idea, and the prologue is already written and I'm quite happy with it, but I didn't get a ton more inspiration for story points as I played- although the gameplay was very fun thanks to the ruleset!

I also just recently got a new laptop that can play Citra, and I started a randomized run of Y using my Les Mis Castlocke rules. I'm right in the beginning of the run, just after getting my starter, and have been taking screenshots just in case I want to post it as I play. Buuuut I'm conflicted, because I already did a Castlocke run, and my other rulesets need some attention. But if I posted strictly gameplay, it wouldn't take THAT much effort, and I think it's gonna be a ton of fun...

Or I can always scrap both those ideas and do something else! Maybe I can start a new kingdomlocke of a different game and post as I go. Or maybe I can post a playthrough of one of my other rulesets, like the Doc-locke... Orrrrr maybe I should just focus on my GoT run and not start anything until I finish that...

Welp. Sorry for the rambling, and I appreciate any advice I can get!

Cloverhandreader

New Nuzlocker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Steel
Red, Blue, Yellow , Silver, Crystal, Pearl, White 2, X, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Ultra Moon, Let's Go Eevee, Sword

I have games that I can nuzlocke on all of these but I'm unsure as to what game I want to do

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
Red, Blue, Yellow , Silver, Crystal, Pearl, White 2, X, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Ultra Moon, Let's Go Eevee, Sword

I have games that I can nuzlocke on all of these but I'm unsure as to what game I want to do
That's a pretty good array of games. It depends on what you want to get out of your nuzlocke. Hopefully I'm not saying anything you already know, in which case I hope this doesn't sound patronizing!
Are you planning on documenting it to post online?
Are there any games you've never played before (good for a blind run) or games you've played more than others (maybe a game to eliminate in favor of a game that needs a little more love)?
Some (like White 2 and Ultra Moon) are generally perceived as more difficult if you want a challenge. If you want something easier, Let's Go Eevee or any of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 games would be a good choice.
X&Y and Sword have a wide array of pokemon available if you want more diversity.
And honestly, if there's one game that you really like, more than the others, whether it's because of the available pokemon, the story, the characters, etc. you'll probably get the most fun out of that one. And you'll be more likely to finish it too!

Hope this helped! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)