• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Kanto Teen Commentary Via Memory Lane VI: A FireRed Nostalgialocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

ponibutts

nerd
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
oh my god I am an absolute sucker for plushies and stickers. there's a pokemon store near my work (not an official store, but they sell official merch) and I've got 7 plushies sitting on the dash of my car. one of my favorite mon, and the other 6 my final LG league team for afnc. I'm only slightly mad i can't show off the plushies >:(

and with stickers... I bought a starset sticker pack at a concert and have only used one of them. I'm so worried I'll stick them on something and they won't last. I got a couple stickers from another band that I'm also afraid of using lmao
maybe someday...

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
I feel like “smell ya later” has more impact than “be smelling ya”, which sounds mildly creepy
You are so right but I can’t quite put my finger on why.
Shame the stickers are so wee and faint. Ooh, gonna have to get my team prints updated now that Alex has finally evolved!
Oooh I forgot all about the customization of your trainer card on these games!!

As for plushies, I would love to have a giant snorlax one day, but like you, I have no space for such an animal. I would love to collect plushies in general but there are too many I would want and I can’t let myself open that can of worms.

Green Tea

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Considered bitter by many.
"Be smelling ya" sounds like they were trying to make Gary more pretentious, but they could have done a lot better. "Ciao" in all of its simplicity would convey an acceptable level of douchebaggery, although I don't believe in messing with the classics, so "Smell ya later" will always be the better phrase in my book.

I've never been into stickers, or plushies, or, really, anything like that. My parents wouldn't buy enough of anything for me to ever feel like I had started a collection, so I never did. I imagine that most of the eeveelutions would make for good plushies, and I'm imagining flareon as the fluffiest of all, so let's go with that.

Time Master Eon

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
I do like that we get to visit Lorelei when she's off work, and that we run into Max. it's one of the few affirmations that the universe doesn't revolve around you. Also I think Lorelei living on the Sevii Islands is neat because I'm pretty sure it's a reference to showing up during the Orange Islands in the anime which is cool.

Jackdaw991

Kanto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Joltik would be a funny real size plush, but I mean...*looks at profile picture* you know?

Would you believe I never finished or cared about the fame checker? Cause I didn't.

I've learned more about Fire red and leaf green reading this run than playing it myself.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
frlg: ;3c someone familiar is on this island
frlg, without waiting: it's lorelei. lorelei, you know, the ice queen? yeah, lorelei, she likes plushies and the folks in her hometown think she's livin the high life in the city, did we mention that it's lorelei-

gen 3's love affair with braille is neat. i checked out a braille dictionary book from the local library in order to translate it proper. i loved the puzzle of it! i don't think i've ever managed to find that kind of research/game high again

also my preferred life-size pokeplush has got to be quagsire. they's bodypillow sized, and they got heft to em. the perfect huggin device.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Without a goddamn doubt in my MIND I want that lifesize Furret plush. Give it to me NOW

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
@songwithnosoul “never talk to the cops without a lawyer present” is actually a talk my IRL mum gave me once… I’m not sure WHAT she thought I was gonna get up to in uni, but it’s good advice to get XD
Your mother is a wise woman.

Yer da invested in dogecoin, Oak
Ooh, a meme cryptocurrency, too... Devastating.

bUwrqeC.png
CBRP6uC.png
eRwIlnt.png

All the laws I’ve broken, all the asses I’ve kicked, all in service of my beautiful batty boy 💜 :2spooky:💙
😍

“Everything
Has meaning
Existence
Has meaning
Being alive
Has meaning
Have dreams
Use power.”
Apparently, the ancient people of the Sevii Islands carved their daily affirmations into the cave walls! That’s nice!
Hahaha. Funny how carving them into the wall in a language most players won't speak lends the message a certain gravity. Someone should try that with Live Laugh Love. For science.

This isn’t for free, you understand? I hear you’re building connections with Hoenn, and last time I was there, some of my dealings left me… unsatisfied.
Oh, going for Devon Corp. next? I smell a sequel hook.

I’m curious; is it this special Ruby and Sapphire in particular, or is he implying there’s some special connection between all rubies and sapphires, beyond space lesbianism?
haha

Elm the Eldritch
Ooh, excellent title! Alliterative without sacrificing accuracy or ominousness.

and I’m not trying to fill my national pokedex. It’s entirely your bag! Run free and try to build some self-esteem on your own merits and achievements rather than your grandfather’s unattainable approval!
Poor kid. I'm glad you've ceded the Pokédex to him.

I feel like “smell ya later” has more impact than “be smelling ya”, which sounds mildly creepy
lol yes. He's clearly still workshopping it.

I smell loooooore! Which I regularly forget entirely about but it would’ve been really fun if they’d set up a Pokemon Contest Hall somewhere in Kanto, if only in the Sevii Islands, as a shout-out to sharing a generation with Hoenn
Ooh, yes. It'd be nice to see Daisy out and about somewhere other than her house, as well.

When I was teaching, I found Japanese kids go utterly feral for stickers, but I cannae blame them, because when I got a look at the sticker selection in Daiso, I just about went feral and moved in there. It’s not just the variety, it’s the quality. My autistic ass would utterly die for the 3-D squishy stickers and Daiso only charged 100 yen for them! Offering a choice of stickers to go on the homework folder was one of the top ways to motivate students, but I also have a shitton of them on my folders and laptop and more than two years after I moved away from Japan they still look great and bring me daily joy :D
Damn. Just looking those stickers up on Google is a feast for the eyes. I can somehow feel those 3-D stickers with my eyes. Letting students customize their folders with those is genius (and covering your whole life in them sounds fun!).

Kag2XEY.png

Shame the stickers are so wee and faint.
Seriously. What's the point of a sticker that tastefully blends in? Other than getting to rub your finger over it, I guess, but it doesn't look like it'd have a fun texture, either.

Ooh, gonna have to get my team prints updated now that Alex has finally evolved!
Hell yeah!

Like, how great would it have been to find this mystery house packed to the gills with pokemon plushies (aka my dream house) and then you find out later that it belongs to Lorelei?
Honestly surprised they didn't go that angle, TBH. Pokémon usually likes mysteries like that.

I am very entertained by the image of Lorelei spending a League season being cold and intimidating to all of her challengers and then spending a chunk of her League salary on plushies before going home for the off-season :v
She just spends the off-season hibernating in a pile of plushies, almost completely submerged with only her face sticking out.

8HQkuzt.png
JGG3bJI.png
x1rJ8xJ.png
Tj3Se5q.png

Theeeeeeere we go! Handy thing about having two water-types is not having to clog up either of their movesets with two HMs!
And Waterfall and Surf are both actually good water-type moves, too! It really works out!

if you could have a life-size plushie of any one Pokemon, which one would it be?
...If I had a life-size Totodile plushie, then I could cuddle it and better simulate accurate arm-chomps. Sold!

OP
SayleeK

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
@FPFP66 hey, you were at least forewarned that the Wednesday update would be missed because I’d be up the far end of Glencoe. If it makes you feel any better, we got rained on, like, a LOT. Expected, of course, we had our good jackets. Nae sich thing as bad weather, just the wrang clothes, and all that.
It’s just a fact that any form of media is improved by the addition of space lesbians, whether it’s sci-fi or not.

@Garnet Ooooh, a squishie Audino sounds WONDERFUL… Gotta agree about Rowlet, Perfectly Orbular is just peak birb design.
I don’t often buy stickers, but when I do, I buy good ones, like OSP stickers. I’ve got a bunch of those on my new desktop tower; “Unorthodox display of hubris but very well”, “THE PROPHECY”, Athena, The Morrigan, Sun Wukong, “BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD” hummingbird… Red designs SUCH good stickers <3

@ponibutts You HAVE to post a pic of the plushies to celebrate when you finish AFNC. You HAVE to. I long to see the soff children and am praying daily that Amaretto is among them
I feel you, for all the stickers I’ve put on stuff, I also have a massive folder full of stickers I’ve hoarded that have not yet found their rightful place… someday…

@Spectacles Holding back on the plushies is probably a good idea. First time I went to a Pokemon Centre in Japan I was like “I’ll just buy one plushie, maybe two if they’re small” and by the time I moved home I had to figure out how to ship over thirty of the adorable buggers. Just Say No to buying plushies

@Green Tea Easily the funniest bit of X and Y was the NPC mentioning that Gary was there, learned French, but still said “smell ya later” for goodbye. It’s a classic for a reason!
Ooooh, a Flareon plushie… floof levels would be OFF THE CHARTS <3

@Time Master Eon oh damn, I completely forgot Lorelei was in the Orange Islands! I was always disappointed that we didn’t get to go to the Orange Islands in the games, I thought the challenges Ash had to do were so cool… I remember having what I think was a big ol’ crush on that one brunette leader with the Blastoise who had the surfing race. Which looked way more fun than Mantine surfing turned out to be in Alola…

@Jackdaw991 can’t blame you, A-Raichu is SO FUCKIN CUTE. Lookit that round we face! So squishable, so full of love
My obsession with poking around every nook and cranny of the game is educational, at least :P

@bhelryss Somebody on Game Freak’s staff had SUCH a crush on Lorelei and was SO excited to bring her back for this chunk of the game XD
I do love games that make you learn something to solve their puzzles, and I like that the game does in fact include an alphabet so you note it down in the back of one of your school jotters and practise writing it in when you’re bored in Math, which is what I did :v
Ooooh, life-sized Quagsire sounds SO hug-shaped, absolutely perfect

@Nebbles I don’t have the money for the life-sized Furret, which is probably for the best, because I have nowhere to put it, but god, if I did...

@songwithnosoul now imagining a line of “Live Laugh Love”-style 3D braille signs for blind suburbanites who aren’t sick to the back teeth of “live laugh love” because they can’t see it on all of their neighbours’ walls :P
Damn, now I’m mad I never got to play the special forbidden Sevii Contest where you get to compete against Daisy Oak Q_Q
Stickers really are the secret to incredible power. You can get SO much done with kids by promising them stickers, which is one of the greatest struggles of teaching online instead of in person… works on adults, too. You ever read that greentext story about a guy noticing his DM started giving out stickers for things like helping other players during a DnD session, bringing snacks, and wearing deodorant, and it’s really improved the quality of the group? Stickers are SO motivating for all ages XD
Honestly, the quality of Pokemon plushies in Japan is absurd. They are so soft, like what you feel, in your heart, that a cloud should feel like if you get to stick your hand into it. Sinking into a pile of them just sounds like bliiiiiisssssssss…
I do in fact have a life-size Totodile plushie! Sadly, his jaw isn’t open, so I can’t simulate chomps… naturally, he’s called Fang, and has perfect cuddleosity 💙
Just in under the wire, I saw your comment come in while I was pasting screenshots into this post! XDXDXD

Hello and welcome back to my FireRed nostalgialocke! Last time, I hit up Four Island for Waterfall and popped back to Kanto to clear a space in Violet’s moveset for it. This time…

hzgFODp.png
UDinbnw.png
BLNcoFc.png
cMl4BIf.png
tOUNMm4.png
16a9L1s.png

l8HV7ci.jpg

4pOkQ8f.png
UgYd5XT.png
fOdTA6f.png

One more very important errand to see to in Kanto

AiolKLG.png
w7YsBYm.png
BZHBqLj.png
LcUJtmP.png

Righty then, back to Four Island, what’s going on up here?

DcD8BZz.png
fNEqkww.png

Ma’am, I understand you have a problem with my staff, is there anything I can help with?

9cf4L6G.png
pAM2gAP.png

Oh, I see, they’re being arseholes. Guys, this is unacceptable discrimination against beglassed people, and also you are upsetting Lady Penelope with your behaviour. Cease or you will be fired. By my Charizard.

Z9Fq5FB.png
KSdwpFf.png
f4z4eGK.png
Kwp5jIp.png
8gG1NX3.png

Lorelei, I beat your ass at the League, and these are my employees, so I think I should be calling the shots here, don’t you?

c1e01vA.png
uqExXzo.png
uqExXzo.png

Oh, whatever. I say you can't do what you want, because what you steal is now my property, that’s how this business model works. If you don’t like it, maybe you shouldn’t have gone into crime.

6Oknk4I.png
Gg2YAqu.png
Z7Fpw9A.png
GW1gazk.png

…Okay, so, I’m not sure I wanna make this thread too X-rated, so I’m not gonna say anything that I’m thinking about what Lorelei just said. Fill in your own comment here.

zjRXHKX.png
zG5SW95.png
sqceG8G.png
OHFlzJe.png

Oi! Those are my mooks! If anybody’s Lapras is gonna murder them in cold blood, it’s gonna be mine!

vZ0Oz22.png
JZdCduR.png
gebTLGR.png
PJBqG1c.png
3B8YjLw.png
DPmtryB.png

It’s fine, I stole a whole buncha keys from Giovanni’s office, I’m sure one of them will work, and if it doesn’t, I’ve also got Hooktail

iU4eULc.png
O5Z6V1r.png
pUKgxhl.png

Don’t worry, I have better places for them to run amuck.

NB1Cdk3.png
U6m6hkT.png
DhAz6sr.png

Big mood, kid. I think 2004 was actually the year that the big empty field that my friends and I used to play in was built over... actually cried the first time we went up there and found a fence separating us from our secret base in an old badger den we'd dug out after being damn sure there were no badgers in the area anymore. It was turned into a retirement home, not a stolen goods warehouse… as far as we knew

1o0wKSB.png
yNkU2fz.png

Fucking rude! I have six strong ones! Show them the respect that they’re due!

UIkF7hq.png
idayhyq.png
WnGgGoo.png
4ASAl8s.png

What’s the point of shitty tabloid journalism if it doesn’t even tell you what famous peoples’ surprising secrets are?

cQgkUT1.png

Oh, is this where 2021 went?

ncmcYUw.png
kTYmgzR.png
sKO0DaK.png

I mean, can’t complain about them building illegally, but, lads, it’s just unnecessary. There's all sorts of ways to legally build a cheap place, set it up as a cash-in-hand business like a hairdresser's, and then you're golden!

J4JdeZH.png

I’d better go talk to them about relocating. I’m in good with the game corner owner on Two Island now; I’m sure we could cut a deal.

xa5aWqG.png
XLuPiYp.png

Oh lookit the tiny cuuuuuutie! I do love Hoppip, despite the somewhat creepy blank eyes. They’re just babey, you know? Very flammable babey

zsbkOmI.png
LKr68QB.png

I have a permit, and also, we need to talk about this little thing called “evolution”. A Raticate at nearly level 50 could be genuinely threatening! Get your shit together or you’re fired!

j2xk0Ub.png
Nosrn3U.png
YWrwKW4.png

The security protocols aren’t bad, but could be better. Don't tell people about the passwords! The building sprite's pretty low on detail, if you didn't tell me about the keypad, I wouldn't be able to see it!

9muwBhP.png
GHMwBc9.png
slyHD8L.png
iA8mZhT.png

Using Louie, Regina and Alexander to assert my apparent destiny as true lord of Team Rocket

fPgWiGn.png
U2BXVbj.png

Honestly I’m genuinely impressed that both passwords aren’t on a sticky note by the door

h60QzyG.png
6ycng67.png
KoRv7kX.png
4yJVuPu.png

I can’t actually remember where the second password is so I’m just gonna keep exploring and meeting local charming weirdos

rlMrGic.png
MEgpC7m.png
pkWdywA.png
aIyGgfp.png
80LgNIZ.png
FiiGQAw.png

Seems to be some serious conflict in this family, but I gotta say, they’re all wrong. The best thing about birds is obviously when they choose to move by bouncing instead of walking or flying. Truly blessed lil dudes

mO4wzG8.png
pHo5sKE.png
91wX1jT.png
Zfk3ABe.png

Sorry to hear that, mate. Onix is a real rough ‘mon to nuzlocke with, but I’m sure you did your best for him, and you did give him a fuckin’ rad name

d1fc0YB.png
JUzrlmp.png
1DbZkAQ.png

…C’mon, game, lemme leave the Metal Coat he never got to use as an offering, I’m sad now and it’s not like I’m going to be able to use it…

WVqFf0s.png
lAAOMX4.png

Ooooh, I remember this area, you can make big money fighting rich people here!

DzlodqO.png
N3rRrpN.png
oZ3rNmU.png
woyvxwG.png
VfBburZ.png

Can you believe this shit is legal? It’s great!

Ge8BlqI.png
5PLAEud.png
NJQakjp.png
cgr4e5n.png

Also lots of painters with Smeargle, which is fair enough. Why even have gimmick ‘mons if not to pair them with hyperspecific trainer classes?

PqC3MU7.png

Why aren’t you whiting out? Am I the only person that happens to? When I lost my Gold team to the E4 did Karen just taze me or something?

55Vsvd6.png
THbTSmt.png
j11WYw6.png
eYZz7xR.png

Anyways, back to causing problems until they pay me to stop

pdnn1VJ.png
G1Gc8zh.png
Tkwgy0o.png

Oh! I’m sorry! I didn’t realize that your Pokemon were perfect, precious babies and that I love them! Might not wanna get into a swimming pool with them though, just saying, bit of a hazard there

oCyxah0.png
VtQQ80N.png

Who the fuck is Selphy? I’m looking this up because I don’t think I ever knew as a kid.
Alright, according to bulbapedia you can find her in Lost Cave, then follow her home and fight her, and afterwards she’ll give you expensive shit like nuggets and stardust in exchange for showing her different Pokemon. This is of no use to me at this point in the run, so I guess she’ll stay lost in that cave forever! I guess I could tell some grunts to go rescue her, though, just to get the expensive thank-you presents…

R3FK9AF.png
4MoSeVQ.png
rDM2X5D.png
TQlWei3.png

I mean, I’m assuming he takes them off when he’s having a shower and shit like that. Or maybe not! Some gym leaders do go hard on their weird lil quirks, after all

Qfw4cHg.png
rPVT8Zt.png
gPOUMe1.png

Sorry, Togepi Man, I just don’t have space in my life for a baby right now. Besides, he’d be duped out by Frodo.

GH2l6W9.png
uN5cniO.png

Maybe you should give the egg to this lady? She seems like a professional, and she’s got team space!

1vZFKHu.png

You sound like my great-aunties from Oklahoma giving me hip nudges. Straight people are so fuckin weird

ILjuzCu.png

Right, guess we gotta keep looking for that Rocket-brand sticky note with the other password on it…

But I’ll get to that next time. What do you think is the best part about birds? I maintain it's the bouncies. Until next time, thanks for joining me, and haste ye back!

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Oh my god, I should get some OSP ones, they all do great stuff. I'll have to check out what designs they've got up!

GW1gazk.png

…Okay, so, I’m not sure I wanna make this thread too X-rated, so I’m not gonna say anything that I’m thinking about what Lorelei just said. Fill in your own comment here.
Choked a bit at this one. Hope your grunts are into redheads!

Bird bouncies are very good, but as a runner up, I would like to nominate when they're in a puddle or a bird bath or water fountain or pond and they splashsplashsplash. Saw a catbird in the backyard the other day do that with the little water fountain we've got set up for the birds to drink out of, kept hopping in and splashing around for a second and then jumping out cuz the water was too deep to stand in. Just in and out over and over for a good ten minutes, each time giving me a look of disdain for the fact that the water wasn't shallow enough, even though there was a tin of shallow water right next to him. Not a single thought in that skull, what a bird.

FPFP66

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
you were at least forewarned
I was? Only one problem.
It’s just a fact that any form of media is improved by the addition of space lesbians, whether it’s sci-fi or not.
Forget Baby Yoda. I need a Star Wars movie with *censored* and *censored* and Mission Vao from KOTOR *censored* *censored* as *one long censor*
Ma’am, I understand you have a problem with my staff, is there anything I can help with?
Oh, God, the manager.
By my Charizard.
SIGH.
I’m not gonna say anything that I’m thinking about what Lorelei just said.
BONK BONK BONK BONK

Oh, is this where 2021 went?
wym it’s already 2025
Using Louie, Regina and Alexander to assert my apparent destiny as true lord of Team Rocket
Crobat just looks so wonderful. I love Crobat. Even though I haven’t played Pokémon in months and really have no urge to, just the sight of Crobat alone is enough to make me consider it.
This is of no use to me at this point in the run, so I guess she’ll stay lost in that cave forever!
You are a terrible boss.
Straight people are so fuckin weird
:o

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
ironically breeder is my favorite pokemon class - i think it's be mine - simply becaause their whole vibe is about raising a whole spectrum of pokemon with care

name's a bit ergh, but it's not their fault

(also ew, straight people are so weird)

also i think lorelei has been taking too many notes from lance about his whole, you know, hyper beaming rockets in the face thing

the best part of a bird is their baby eyes and their sweet little smiles! yes i know those beaks were built that way but they look so charming!!!!! second best part of a bird is when they go hoppies! third best part of a bird is when they are ROUND

Green Tea

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Aw, geez. I forgot all about this bit of FRLG. What is with the Kanto Elite Four just brutalising Team Rocket? Yes, they're bad guys, but it doesn't mean that you can do what you want to them. So much for noble heroes.

Bouncy birds are good, but I feel like the brothers were going for a physical part of the bird. Personally, I'd go with the wings. They're the true definition of "bird" for me.

Also, yes, Lorelei's "threats" are rather, um, unconventional. That said, she's a grown woman with an outwardly icy personality, who lives in a desolate part of the world, on her own, with a load of plushies. I'm not surprised she's kinky.

Last edited:

Jackdaw991

Kanto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Lorelei hey? Winky face ;)

If I recall the second password is...
After you get the Sapphire from dotted hole, the scientist guy tells you it.

Team Rocket are either getting smarter or dumber in your care. Level 48 Rattata?

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
I do in fact have a life-size Totodile plushie! Sadly, his jaw isn’t open, so I can’t simulate chomps… naturally, he’s called Fang, and has perfect cuddleosity 💙
Oh, I didn't know those existed! I knew that not all plushies would have open mouths, but I was hoping... That's really cute!

Just in under the wire, I saw your comment come in while I was pasting screenshots into this post! XDXDXD
lol yeah, sorry about that. Will work harder to be prompter in the future.

4pOkQ8f.png
UgYd5XT.png
fOdTA6f.png

One more very important errand to see to in Kanto
Hell yeah! Finally, everybody has reached the height of their power!

Oh, I see, they’re being arseholes. Guys, this is unacceptable discrimination against beglassed people, and also you are upsetting Lady Penelope with your behaviour. Cease or you will be fired. By my Charizard.
Haha

c1e01vA.png
uqExXzo.png

Oh, whatever. I say you can't do what you want, because what you steal is now my property, that’s how this business model works. If you don’t like it, maybe you shouldn’t have gone into crime.
Hmm. These guys have been banished out to these islands for too long. Getting ideas above their station. What next, unions?

Oi! Those are my mooks! If anybody’s Lapras is gonna murder them in cold blood, it’s gonna be mine!
Haha

iU4eULc.png
O5Z6V1r.png
pUKgxhl.png

Don’t worry, I have better places for them to run amuck.
Like where? Hoenn? Are you going to take Team Rocket to Hoenn? That'd sure spice up Emerald's plot to add in a third evil team.

Big mood, kid. I think 2004 was actually the year that the big empty field that my friends and I used to play in was built over... actually cried the first time we went up there and found a fence separating us from our secret base in an old badger den we'd dug out after being damn sure there were no badgers in the area anymore.
Awww, what a shame. Sounds like a cool place. A subterranean secret base and all! No wonder you love the ones in Hoenn so much.

(And I'm glad that you were less reckless than the kids I knew who stuck their arms down the raccoon hole at the base of a tree in the hopes that there was a raccoon down there.)

The security protocols aren’t bad, but could be better. Don't tell people about the passwords! The building sprite's pretty low on detail, if you didn't tell me about the keypad, I wouldn't be able to see it!
Hahaha

iA8mZhT.png

And they're now enshrined in the Hall of Fame and all! Doesn't get more destined than that.

fPgWiGn.png
U2BXVbj.png

Honestly I’m genuinely impressed that both passwords aren’t on a sticky note by the door
Hahaha. Sad but true. Their security is still somehow better than a lot of real-world companies.

…C’mon, game, lemme leave the Metal Coat he never got to use as an offering, I’m sad now and it’s not like I’m going to be able to use it…
It really would be a nice touch if you could leave items as offerings. At least the Lemonade isn't an item in the overworld that you can actually pick up?

Can you believe this shit is legal? It’s great!
Yet another way that the Pokémon world is superior to Real Life.

Alright, according to bulbapedia you can find her in Lost Cave, then follow her home and fight her, and afterwards she’ll give you expensive shit like nuggets and stardust in exchange for showing her different Pokemon. This is of no use to me at this point in the run, so I guess she’ll stay lost in that cave forever!
Hahaha, cold.

I guess I could tell some grunts to go rescue her, though, just to get the expensive thank-you presents…
Never pass up an opportunity to bilk money out of rich people! Does being the TR leader make you rich, also, or did your previous efforts to completely destroy the organization kinda undermine that?

1vZFKHu.png

You sound like my great-aunties from Oklahoma giving me hip nudges. Straight people are so fuckin weird
Oh, that kind of breeding? Eww. My condolences.

But I’ll get to that next time. What do you think is the best part about birds? I maintain it's the bouncies
I thought for a second you said that you like how they maintain their boundaries, so that's what I'm going to pick. Just flying away from someone who's bugging you (with the option of crapping on them in the process) is an excellent way to maintain one's boundaries, and I am both impressed and envious.

OP
SayleeK

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
@Garnet Everybody who’s into women is into Lorelei. And some people who aren’t normally into women.
Oh man that lil splashy bird sounds deal, I love it

@FPFP66 First time I used Crobat was in a Platinum nuzlocke back in the day, and she was INCREDIBLE, she was a run saver more than once, and I have loved that ‘mon ever since 💜
Look, I have nothing against straight people. Some of my friends are straight, I have straight cousins, I’m pretty sure my parents are straight. So I feel qualified to declare that straight people are real fuckin weird about sex and children. Why are these people so obsessed with strangers’ genitals and what they do with them?

@bhelryss I do love running into a Breeder in Pokemon games because they often have a full team of babies or lil Pokemon, I love em 💞 The name is just… easy to make unfortunate
You have made some EXCELLENT points regarding birds, could not agree more, perfect lil dudes

@Green Tea ah, but you see, bad things aren’t bad things when done by good guys in positions of authority! Anything they do is, by default, a good thing! Simple!
The Pokemon world is gonna be utterly rocked when Lorelei’s OnlyFans drops. She’ll be the richest trainer in the region in no time.

@Jackdaw991 A level 48 Rattata!!!!! What are you DOING to that lil guy, let him evolve!!!!!

@songwithnosoul On double-checking with Bulbapedia, my Totodile plushie is not lifesize bc he’s not two feet tall, but he’s the size that I feel, in my heart, that newly-hatched bby Totodile should be, and I love him. His cuddleosity remains unquestioned.
EkQd14o.jpg

Commenting should never be work and I will never hold postings hostage against comments, you just spark joy wherever you go and I love to see ‘em 💖
I’m all for unions, and I’m not sure Rockets would actually be capable of organizing effectively, but still, lads, our business model here is openly crime, as opposed to hidden-behind-red-tape crime. We are honest criminals here, unlike most capitalists!
Actively seeking out raccoons sounds like not the world’s smartest plan, especially with the rabies risk… with badgers, you just don’t risk it. They’re too big, tough and mean.
Giovanni took a lot of cash when he ran, and I am trying to maintain a decent rate of pay for what are now my mooks, even if they really don’t deserve it. Beating up rich people and taking their stuff is the only ethical cashflow we have right now.
Straight people are so weird, especially older ladies from Oklahoma who use the phrase “breedin’ hips” way too much. Why are straight people so obsessed with what other people do with their genitals. Go drink a horrible cold tea or go to church or something, geez
I do envy the ability to just… up and fly away as soon as something annoys you. Just go “fuck this” and go in any direction at all XD

Hello and welcome back to my FireRed nostalgialocke! Last time we dicked about on Four and Five Islands, delivering personal reprimands to Rockets who were spending time poaching endangered species instead of going into the much more lucrative business of beating up rich kids. This time…

hzgFODp.png
UDinbnw.png
BLNcoFc.png
cMl4BIf.png
tOUNMm4.png
16a9L1s.png

l8HV7ci.jpg

HjfI2cd.png

I’ll take your word for it!

0fYqbYl.png

God, I love going out into ultra-rural or wild spots where you can actually see the sky. Like, if you get a clear sky and no light pollution, there’s barely any blackness visible between the stars. You fully vibe with ancient peoples looking up at night and going: that’s where heaven is, that’s where gods live, that’s where I hope I go when I die

u54kebj.png
DQdRJvR.png

Bro I’m having a moment here, please don’t ruin it

DqWzABX.png
ltovB5t.png
1HxPLtV.png

Yep! You know, I think international travel could be fun for you? Beat literally all the other trainers in the world that aren’t me, send nice postcards to your sister, be far away from your granddad

csqTNQ8.png
cpQDesI.png
wyO9Ux1.png
v9O5VcC.png
WWGPS2f.png

That’s awesome, super healthy, and I’m super happy for you! I’m glad we have such divergent goals, so we don’t have to compete, you know? I stay out of catching more than a handful of Pokemon, you stay out of crime, and all is well

IaqqFBb.png

Slaters!

OJ7rQ15.png
ouEw4Af.png
gzDXLS2.png

Mate you’re on a public path

Zbpy3br.png

Fair enough, honestly, I get it. If you go walking through Glasgow Green and go off the paths a bit, you almost always run into jugglers and acrobats practising their street shows. It’s always a bit tempting to stop and watch, because a lot of what these people do is really cool, but nobody wants to be watched by randos during rehearsals XP

7Jz7YaB.png
31Ogljt.png
PUqU0db.png
dCeGMiW.png
wMdwasD.png
rIR0pry.png

Lot of interesting and adorable catches down here! It’s interesting that the Johto ‘mons all have distinctly lower levels than the Kanto ‘mons… now I’m wondering if, once the Daycare opened up, somebody didn’t start breeding foreign ‘mons like crazy and then letting the ones with worse IVs or natures out into the wild, and all these dudes are newborn invasive species?

DSjhMoc.png
5xhcxQE.png
NXQP5Hb.png

I would love it if the games let you pick a trainer class for yourself not just for aesthetic online reasons, but with some kind of effect on the game as you go through it, like if you pick Aroma Lady you meet more wild grass-types or something. I honestly wanna be a ruin maniac and live out my childhood dreams of being an archaeologist before I decided that I don’t like digging :v

0zmFEYP.png
mfarMX4.png
tBQut3o.png
NisBgz1.png
6qAryuf.png

Mate did you seriously never try just… looking at the door? This is very clearly braille and, if it’s the same as modern braille, just says “cut”. Might cause a bit of a moral panic that the ancients are promoting self-harm, though

FfQNFOA.png
1G9UKOv.png
ldNBJPD.png

Energy of that hairdresser who figured out how to “sew” hair to create ancient Roman hairstyles that historians had written off as impossible or artistic license. That said, as I mentioned in the Sapphire run, it’s pretty much impossible to play these games while blind. It’s definitely fun and good to expose sighted kids to the existence of braille and possibly interest them in learning more about it, but it would be even better, imo, if you talked to a character nearby who is blind and tells you how to read braille, reminding you that it’s a real thing that people currently use, not an ancient mystery that nobody uses anymore.

pRH26hy.png
Pz8Hi48.png
IWUzj4y.png
qPyml7c.png

Well, at least it’s got holes in the ground to jump into!

7DjCqYL.png
yVzgRHv.png
nE2sd7k.png
PR71Rr6.png
bwGLipe.png
3Td8YCT.png
1Tthjai.png
7YtTxhX.png

It’s pretty easy to just guess “up” and “right” due to the number of letters, but I did have to crack out a braille guide for “left” and “down” :v

x5E84Km.png
y5v9TjW.png

Wait a minute, I already did this one!

tNiqhjV.png
nKlT3Zr.png
GQ535PB.png
HWJO2Ha.png

Oi! I’m standing right here with a Charizard! Why am I not stopping him from violating the sacred law of Finders, Keepers??

Ln05i96.png
ZjszPZq.png
I3zZKFV.png

Why should I let my peons pay you money for that thing when I could just leave your body at the bottom of this hole?

ZbAlEFK.png
YwaBPzz.png
6Kk3aLY.png
fTsHxPf.png

Of COURSE I’m going to think badly of you and whatever paralysis spell you used on me!!!

VuXYu4s.png
PhPY0FT.png

Wanker

Egj6vRY.png
lRbnUuV.png
B3EoojY.png
RqJsEHZ.png
mXx1Jqb.png
oqX6uF6.png
8YKEhDR.png
60rkgrY.png
wlCC2cL.png
1jWdaF5.png
zKqBTJE.png
VgGhe80.png
8hmzQQa.png
eXTJva9.png
9oZz1tV.png
6uJzWwn.png

Right, for anybody who doesn’t want to take their own shot at translation:
Let the two
glittering
stones,
one in red,
one in blue,
connect the
past.
Two friends
sharing
power
open
a window to
a new world
that glows.
The next
world waits
for you.

…see I know this means Hoenn, but “the next world” sounds like I’m gonna die when I enact whatever jewelery-based ritual you’re describing here

Y6b7u8Z.png
UPiEOsH.png
X55tHiS.png
oeknTrJ.png
o0edWLj.png

Right, back to that warehouse to enact some layoffs. With extreme prejudice.

yhdSBKt.png

This is LITERALLY my business now, by destiny and also by the Klingon method of promotion

bGvM20o.png
owI8wFC.png
vHXdeNw.png
f0ZXJw3.png

I’ll give ‘em this, they’re better passwords than “SLOWPOKETAIL”

rQzlV5c.png
DBeWLZl.png
IzTb8NY.png

Alright, my first order is to get some pickaxes and take up this fucking floor before I puke on all of you

LfTiXSH.png

Pokeballs, guys… we’ve literally invented pokeballs… you cram Pokemon into pens and they’re just gonna get injured, infected, and die, and it’s a huge waste. Inefficient. Pokeballs cost less than a half-decent chippie, guys, and they’re easier to store and transport, too!

ehOeD1y.png
MXad4kv.png
z8tYuJN.png
xJvOtRU.png

Interesting approach, but no. They are the proof of my destiny.

mCBFmdg.png

FINALLY, Regina’s only needed this for the entire game! It is fitting to find this TM in a Team Rocket hideout, it’s just a shame that it takes a million years to get a better direct damage Poison-type move than Sludge.

bbRkQCq.png
CuNU1ie.png
zttR4JC.png

There’s a “yer da” joke in here somewhere, I just know it

JRqsoqr.png
2inVE7i.png

Lad’s so mad he’s morphing into a Scooby-doo villain

qrTXJJp.png
bs00FAj.png
rswekiO.png

Okay, taking off my hat as your new boss and talking to you woman to woman: he’s not worth it, girl.

wDNr0TF.png
z409ORD.png
Z3dkG7j.png
VMBs1gc.png
nYcLiaU.png
jhY9Fnz.png

Look at you! You’ve got strong Pokemon and strategies that are making you extremely fuckin annoying to fight! You’re powerful and smart and can stand on your own without Giovanni!

1UNrvwJ.png
SJFA1zJ.png
eIxDeP6.png
I8iO30f.png
zbE5rCp.png

Don’t take the fact that I’m kicking your ass as discouragement. It happens to everyone.

Zbpy3br.png
SABdXfA.png
7xXAnJ3.png
61W7SrQ.png
YCS3z3Y.png
FfrcG4w.png

Look at that top-tier Arbok build! You make me proud!

euTtkMG.png
lxqoeVD.png

I’m telling you, you have it in you to be a strong, independent woman! Just not against me

koZbZrZ.png
ZTDusUZ.png
qn1koA9.png

More like “incinerated”, but like I said, don’t take it personally.

y6K8NT3.png
6LKhm2e.png
XehLSji.png
udBO0m2.png

You’re employee of the month. Possibly the year. Possibly ever.

xjWwvpp.png
Ivq4oRl.png
FQGGTns.png

I mean, I outrank you thoroughly as a trainer, so that doesn’t necessarily scare me all that much. I think we can handle it.

This bit’s getting a bit long, though, so we’ll do that next time, in the grand finale of this run! Holy shit, I need to get my ass in gear and finish the Emerald run! I may continue the gag of Chu being the boss of Team Rocket now, just because I think it'll potentially make interacting with Magma and Aqua much funnier. What do you think? Until next time, thanks for joining me and haste ye back!

Green Tea

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
I was waiting for this admin to show up. I couldn't quite remember where she fitted in with the Sevii Rocket plot, but I knew there was one "good" Rocket that you'd take under your wing. I can only imagine that she'll be getting promoted in the new Rockets, won't she?

Am I the only person that likes the Rocket floor puzzles? I wouldn't like them if they were real, because they do look like dizziness incarnate, but as long as they stay inside the game, I enjoy them. They're no more nauseating than your average gran's carpet...

Time Master Eon

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
God, I love going out into ultra-rural or wild spots where you can actually see the sky. Like, if you get a clear sky and no light pollution, there’s barely any blackness visible between the stars. You fully vibe with ancient peoples looking up at night and going: that’s where heaven is, that’s where gods live, that’s where I hope I go when I die
I get that though I tend to get struck with existential dread as I realize just how small and irrelevant I and everything I've ever known are in the grand scheme of the cosmos.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
those johto babies probably were released into the wild. i imagine some kid went "wait hang on i didn't get the monster i wanted; why's
it look like the mom???? im sure the next one will look like the dad" and went "be free, little yanma, nothing bad will happen of this choice"

bangin point about the braille, it definitely shouldn't be set up like it's the remnants of another time

"dont be mad, just go beat up some goons instead of me" is not really the most persuasive of arguments. it makes me wanna shove this jewel thief into a locker until he repents

also that point about the stars was ;o; yeah. there's a lot of magic about the natural world that folks nowadays just don't get to experience, what with the light pollution, or even just a dearth of parks in urban spaces, or any number of other limitations

wish it were easier to find ways to access these things! folks really do love the stars...

yes, please keep up the gag it's hilarious. archie and maxie having to deal with a peer instead of some upstart kid? that's going to be priceless

FPFP66

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
I’m pretty sure my parents are straight.
I feel like there’s a story here.
So I feel qualified to declare that straight people are real fuckin weird about sex and children. Why are these people so obsessed with strangers’ genitals and what they do with them?
All valid questions. Unfortunately I don’t want to run the risk of being banned or shadowbanned or whatever the term is for engaging in this conversation in a public thread. All it takes is one person to say HATE SPEECH and blammo, my days of random commentary will be over.

that’s where heaven is, that’s where gods live, that’s where I hope I go when I die
I think you’re going somewhere where you’ll be tormented by your poor strategical choices in past runs.
but it would be even better, imo, if you talked to a character nearby who is blind and tells you how to read braille, reminding you that it’s a real thing that people currently use, not an ancient mystery that nobody uses anymore.
I guess you could say the developers lacked the … vision … for something so intelligent.
It is fitting to find this TM in a Team Rocket hideout
Should’ve been in the Celadon hideout as I’ve said for months.
I get that though I tend to get struck with existential dread as I realize just how small and irrelevant I and everything I've ever known are in the grand scheme of the cosmos.
All of this is true, but at least we have Saylee’s runs to enjoy in the present. And Bud Light seltzer. I love BL seltzer.

Users who are viewing this thread