• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed. Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Kanto Teen Commentary Via Memory Lane VI: A FireRed Nostalgialocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A recursive blast from the past. (Updates Wed-Sat. Part 22 up 18/05)

apocalypsewriter

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 4, 2022
Found and read all this right before the upcoming end. Can't wait to see the rest! As it is, I'm already super hyped because of that E4 run. It went great. Penelope is a credit to all Lapras-kind.

Max/Blue isn't even all that bad in this game. Especially in comparison to the original where he's a lot more one note in characterization (though wasn't everyone?). And he's a tough fight. My real question is, "was there a champion before him?" and "who was it and where did they go?". Because you aren't forced to stick around, so... Champion is really just beating the League, right? Unless no one had ever beaten Lance before. But no one said that. And he put himself after the gauntlet of three other trainers--

I have thought too hard about this, for no reason.

Zenfulmockingbird

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 9, 2022
Found and read all this right before the upcoming end. Can't wait to see the rest! As it is, I'm already super hyped because of that E4 run. It went great. Penelope is a credit to all Lapras-kind.

Max/Blue isn't even all that bad in this game. Especially in comparison to the original where he's a lot more one note in characterization (though wasn't everyone?). And he's a tough fight. My real question is, "was there a champion before him?" and "who was it and where did they go?". Because you aren't forced to stick around, so... Champion is really just beating the League, right? Unless no one had ever beaten Lance before. But no one said that. And he put himself after the gauntlet of three other trainers--

I have thought too hard about this, for no reason.
That never crossed my mind. Maybe previous champ gave up the title.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
A FABULOUS win!!!!!!!!!!! One that is so well-earned, too! I'm so excited to see the rest of the Sevii Islands handled here, and then the eventual showdown with Mewtwo!

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
@songwithnosoul Alexander did a damn fine job for an evolution of one of the most reviled com ‘mons in Pokemon! Let no-one look down on him or his kin again!
And he's not even fully-evolved either! Though I'm still looking forward to that. One more battle til Crobat time!

I do NOT want a close-up on the inside of Golbat’s mouth, every day that takes me further from Gen I Golbat sprites is a day I fucking CHERISH
unknown.png

The bar we went to for axe-throwing had a pretty good system; they gave you a wristie when you came in. You needed the wristie to get into the axe-throwing cages, and as long as you were wearing it, the bar wouldn’t sell you any alcohol (but did have some pretty good mocktails—I enjoyed a Cuddles On The Beach in between my turns XD). They also wouldn’t give you a wristie if you came in already drunk or high. The top scorer got a free drink at the bar after we were done, but our top scorer (by a LONG way) isn’t even a drinker XD it was a really good night, I highly recommend it!
That does sound like a good system!

Last time, we pretty much swept through Agatha and Lance. Deathless League so far, that’s pretty nice! But today…
Mm, ominous. Don't like

And I have no doubt you’ve earned it, bro, you really have a team of tanks on you, but I am afraid that you are only the protagonist of a Greek tragedy, unable to escape your fate no matter how hard you fight it. Tragedy is quicksand, I'm sorry to say, and the more you struggle, the faster you will sink.
Man, I love your terrifying monologues towards the people you're about to beat! This one is particularly existential.

3lPplMv.png
qTlhHBz.png
kZCy72U.png
Dp8rp4D.png

Christ on a CRACKER that Psychic hurts!
Oh dear. All of your trepidation over fighting Sabrina comes rushing back. I fear disaster incoming before you take this thing down...

KQ83Qgo.png
FfRoq4c.png
zkZjRVp.png

HOLY SHIT
!!!!!!!!

HkvQwdz.png
I7rOMoE.png
TmaX7qM.png
gjhOOxW.png

Oh than goodness. We’re getting some very lucky misses in this run
Phew. Lucky misses, and lucky double weaknesses! This would've been messier if Penelope couldn't one-shot it.

aeMVZtS.png
tpOXLvZ.png
BQumz8i.png

Okay, I love the Exeggutor sprite, love the shifty smirk on the stage left head, love all the expressions actually, love the energy, but I’m pretty sure it also knows Psychic so best to kill it quickly
Whew. Nice and clean.

9HbMPke.png
Y5reZCl.png
ENMqrfC.png

That was an unwise move on your part. Behold: 100% accuracy Thunder
Ooooh! I love how you've covered your bases re: water-type counters here. Louie, Regina, and Penelope too! You definitely picked the best match of the three in a bulky water-type.

xzTASN7.png

Bulky boy, goddamn
Especially considering this.

uz9XiLI.png
aF9KEib.png
HDm6H7j.png

Using Hydro Pump was also not your best idea ever
Oh, I forgot about that. Truly a perfect counter.

kCQ8IHp.png
a50ehGk.png

Hell of a Water-type showdown there!
*Cheers for Penelope*

jNXpAn2.png

Ah, shit, this guy again
Uh-oh.

Yiiiiiiikes. Don't like that.

NF94AXj.png
Zs1K8K5.png
dtKtl3o.png

Okay, clearly this isn’t working, I need somebody sturdier than Hooktail out there
Yeah, excellent call. I was a little afraid you were going to lose your starter here.

Yep, Penelope holds up pretty well, but she won’t for long if she keeps getting those Special Defense drops…

TYSDNmo.png
ItsUXAc.png
r7g1dTT.png

There we goooooooooooooooo!
Phew. Penelope saves the day once again!

I get it, man, I do. It sucks. You tried so hard, and got so far, and in the end, it didn’t even matter.
Damn. You took his Championship and quoted Linkin Park at him to express your sympathies? Cold.

KpPuP4m.png

Nobody ask questions about what I may have skipped here or why Oak has a broken nose now. We just had a conversation about family, that’s all.
👍

Do love the reflections in the floor here, makes the room look brand-new rather than dusty and abandoned, y’know? But there should really be a statue of Max on one of those podiums
Oh, that'd be a nice detail! Poor kid.

urAcTFW.png

Alexander, holy shit! I don’t know what you did to make that Machamp too scared to land an attack on you, but it hella worked! Soon you shall achieve your peak form 💜
Hell yeah! I also love the idea that he scared the Machamp out of attacking him.

4rdcNUl.png

Penelope Dragonslayer, you were literally designed and built to be the best water-type on anybody’s team, and while you’re no Chel, you did not disappoint. Never seen anybody with that much HP and endurance who wasn’t a Normal-type!
She's really a latecomer powerhouse on the team! It was a great move on your part to get her from Silph Co.

So my first-ever Nuzlocke, in 2011, was FireRed, and my final body count was 20, including losing my Lapras to Lance (hence swapping Penelope out against that Aerodactyl…), but this time? At the same point, my body count is two, with a deathless League to boot! Hell fuckin yeah!!!
I was thinking that too. So few deaths, and none in the League! You've done such an excellent job with the run so far! The run isn't over yet, but it's still an impressive achievement nevertheless.

QDLxbF7.png
ZshWtaf.png
V4OfEEo.png

But my very favourite Pokemon credits sequence of all time ❤️
Ooh hell yeah! Glad the update is long for a good reason!

Also, I fuckin see you, Kenji Matsushima. So you’re responsible for the nightmare fuel Pokedex entries!
Haha

BeGsl04.png

In loving memory of Grinch, who was also a sturdy dude and fine starter for the Blue run 💚
;~;

m9e4AoN.png

I have not yet enjoyed having the Squirtle line in this series, but one day… one day
Something to look forward to.

I really like the inclusion of your rival brooding over his loss, too, both because he has every right to do so, and because it kinda gives the impression, at least to me, that your character isn’t just giving a victory lap of Kanto, but looking for their old friend who ran off after his dreams were crushed, wanting to see if he’s okay. I always wished Kanto did more with this emotional throughline of two former best friends becoming bitter rivals, and I really wish the postgame had more on you reconciling with him. Not that I don’t think the Sevii Islands stuff is fun, but I think it would’ve been even more so if you were chasing down Team Rocket with your rival as a way of rebuilding your friendship, rather than a random wild Lorelei, you know?
I also got the impression that Chu is running after Max, yeah, and I also thought it's a nice touch! I also really like your idea for including the rival more in the postgame, though. It is a shame that they didn't take advantage of the extra story in the remakes to flesh your relationship out with him more, though. I like your pitch.

C9Rb89P.png
D1N7hhS.png
T4joEUQ.png

And then, after all that… you run all the way home ❤️
Ah... Satisfying to come full-circle... Until next time!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@ponibutts oh believe me, I’m gonna be putting off Mewtwo like I put off Sabrina for exactly the same reason XP

@FPFP66 I can’t believe Levitate can defeat Earthquake, one of the most powerful moves in the game, but fuckin Pocket Sand can defeat Levitate
I did iiiiiit! So fucking happy with this return to Kanto :D
Honestly higher education is one hell of a questline to complete, love you using the FRLG credits song as a victory tune!

@bhelryss god I was so scared of that hit on Penelope… so glad she toughed it out! 😭 ❤️

@Time Master Eon Max’s existence really is a tragedy, destined to rise only to be felled by Chu, forever…

@Jackdaw991 Psychic-types still TERRIFY me due to my team comp, so before we do Mewtwo… we do literally everything else I can find!

@Green Tea thank you, thank you, thank you!

@Electro Look I can criticize Max for his spam tactics but at the end of the day, getting to the top only to immediately lose and then have Linkin Park sung at you fuckin sucks and his granda should be more compassionate about that >:(
I’m sure around the eighth or ninth time they reboot Kanto, they’ll finally explore the protagonist/rival friendship properly, maybe

@Kit_The_Feef Kanto really does demand that you grind before the League, or life will suck for you, I’m afraid! I adore the wee victory lap of Kanto… I also adore the latest comics about Pigment, who’s getting bigger but still fits in the palm of her daddy’s hand, she’s ADORABLE (when she’s not spooking her cousin XD)

@apocalypsewriter welcome! This run is an unusually good oen for this series, you’ve dropped in on a high :P
I get the vibe, from a bunch of details in the game, that the Pokemon League (or at least the Elite Four) are really, really new. Like, you and your rival might be some of the first challengers, or at least the first to make it through. Your rival might have been the first-ever Champion, with the role reserved for whoever’s made it through the League most recently. Feels even worse to immediately take it away from him XP

@Zenfulmockingbird we’re nearly done with Kanto! But we’ve still got an Emerald run left for this game…

@Nebbles Thank you! I haven’t played the Sevii Islands postgame in years, so I only remember half of it, let’s see how it goes XD

@songwithnosoul Maybe I read too many Greek tragedies in Uni but I do have very existential feelings about video game characters who exist solely to be defeated or destroyed, which is most Pokemon rivals… any attempt at giving them a character arc will always, always be undercut by the fact that they can’t win, not against you. With only a handful of exceptions, even if they do win, time will be rewound, Undertale style, until their inevitable loss comes…
I have to confess, I also entirely forgot what Penelope’s Ability was, so her healing from being hit by Hydro Pump was a pleasant surprise! She really was the perfect counter for that Blastoise XD
This game is set in like 2004, I have to get some Linkin Park in here somewhere :v
Bruno’s Machamp got a good look down Alexander’s throat and was too afraid to get any closer :v
I’m sure they’ll finally flesh out the protagonist/rival relationship in the eighth or ninth reboot of Kanto XD

Hello and welcome back to my Fire Red nostalgialocke! Last time…

hzgFODp.png
UDinbnw.png
00De4fS.png
cMl4BIf.png
tOUNMm4.png
16a9L1s.png

l8HV7ci.jpg

0fAQPKj.png

…well, that! This time…

ws1BkIQ.png
VMBha56.png
bUbywIC.png

I am. Did you think about that little chat we had last time?

o0B9QlI.png
nxEKnQZ.png
1h7PBrI.png
MqLkcHr.png
qDQeJIh.png

It’s a notepad, my man. Once you give me the national dex, though, I’ll be able to add one more entry to that

QxIlyW4.png
BfSAlHw.png

—hey, I said give me the National Dex! HEY!

ERx7VlP.png
cuMjJkY.png
F371sNx.png

Hi Mum, just popping in to tell you that I love you, and also that if the cops come around, don't talk to them, just give me a call and let me know

6H5acir.png
6FMLs06.png

Right, old man! Where’s that National Dex?

6RiEKWs.png
DGEmnsk.png
K3dhill.png
dPBIjky.png
O2pYNZC.png
s5bVxQj.png

Wait, hang on…

64mSW3d.png

FUCK

p9PNjYa.png

Alexander, my boy… will we never see you in your true glory? Will the laws of a Notepad forever constrain you?

3tMnpyT.png

Fuck that. I am the trueborn king of Team Rocket! I can break the law once in a while, as a treat

CIGFhMX.png
jMk8DhZ.png

If anybody asks, I am visiting Cinnabar Lab out of pure scientific curiosity

4QfFoGI.png

I smell… backstory

4VonI2t.png
vkFPFdk.png
GmlRGRs.png

I had an Electrode before… Dodgeball cannot be replaced.

rxIFLyi.png
CEdDuub.png

I see they’ve copied all the trades over from Red and Blue here. This trade is… fine, but it’s still probably easier to Surf south from Pallet and catch one in the grass.

ihxxa1H.png
xpdr5Md.png

Hey, I remember you! You’re a dick!

EPC7krq.png
VMtuqkC.png
y9hDj7B.png
Zd8VAnp.png

NOT IF IT ROLLS EXPLOSION IT’S NOT

4LKZs6D.png

Wait… was I right??? There is a display of pipes here??? Why???

saYmLWi.png
6jFgzz5.png

You really didn’t have to do this, Game Freak. At least offer trades for Safari Park exclusives or something!

rVcuEuV.png
U3tSX7W.png
dop78P2.png
csQ3Yb0.png

Sssshhh! No it’s not! Keep your voice down!

AdLdAKm.png
BIYuhOA.png
o0aUDm6.png

Just take the package and shut yer yap

tl6gCrg.png
XahxFuO.png

Nowhere. I’m not here, if you know what’s good for you.

9Gz3dWD.png

I wonder if he was supposed to come off as a Weird Foreign Doctor in Japanese? Maybe he’s throwing in Random English? I’m always legit curious about this kind of thing and wish it was easier to find info on. The "aiyah" makes this all sound like racist dialogue written for Chinese stereotypes so uh... maybe that script needed another pass, huh?

LUQITAq.png
jGaa4iS.png

While in Fuchsia for no reason whatsoever, I ran into a familiar face! Well, not familiar in that sprite, but… don’t worry, hen. I predict you shall go far. In HGSS, anyway. In GSC… don’t worry about it.

QhsB2dP.png

This is a blank screen. You see nothing. No Pokemon is illegal.

Kq08rjw.png
Ruavzlb.png

Oh, look! Professor Oak just so happens to have changed his mind!

UfTqGtb.png
AyuRb9b.png
LSPnsWk.png

Well, some of them could have been seen in Kanto by now if you hadn’t kept Alexander from evolving!

7uPV9nb.png
fkYirFh.png
jh8h2Ad.png
VM3vLcG.png
7RGMVig.png

Yessss! CALL HIM THE FUCK OUT!

dAbDiT7.png
TSmNUdn.png

He’s honestly 100% correct! He’s been out filling his pokedex while I’ve been taking over Team Rocket! It’s entirely sensible to entrust all the pokedex business to him over me! I’m doing a Notepad run Mewdammit!

MiobvVO.png

Oh my god this literally could not be more patronizing. Oak you are why I am turning to villainy

xR6x4Rx.png
KpF4xjn.png
ajBjKiw.png
RrU14Hv.png
mTCTpOx.png

Fuckin software updates. If this thing has to be Always Online to work, I’m going to kill you with it

2hPgwH4.png
fi9Yisf.png
GgF4nUZ.png
Mmz0nnS.png

This is just for Alexander’s sake, mate, you’re not getting any more than this from me.

csmvLoP.png
WK0gK5B.png
Q3tve9C.png
EXEb8mP.png
834FTGd.png

Have a good time!

9GNHo0W.png

And you, auld man… when he comes back with a full pokedex, you’ll be very excited if you know what’s good for you.

DEGrEgi.png

Right, for my part, I seem to recall seeing some Rockets on Mt Ember. So far out, they may not be aware of Rocket’s change in leadership, or the internal restructuring that we’re undergoing. I’d better go inform them.

LP7DVUM.png
ndMTK2G.png
SyIZDGg.png

Given that this is a ROM, I sincerely doubt it, but I’ll let you try if it makes you happy and if it doesn't involve buying BillCoin.

Hdo15Y7.png
lCDqu1m.png
mTWBnA1.png
zux2cxX.png
nrE2CBj.png
Mg1b5Hz.png
GDOPap0.png
bmfMmw5.png

Apropos of nothing, did you know there are websites where you can buy lab-grown gems for a fraction of the price of a “real” ruby dug out of the ground by a child slave in a third-world country? I have no money so I can’t buy them anyway but still

6Asgr0F.png
CC7sXLl.png

Now, I’m sure they were around here somewhere…

QPn5SNN.png
rbCm2ql.png
k6iKeJ5.png
PyvdkaV.png
slTVXy8.png

Oi! You two! We have new security policies! You need two-factor authentication now!

qiEe4GN.png
ahjr09G.png
vOTx8rk.png
D9AGJlB.png

You two were literally standing on a mountain yodeling access codes.

Xl9j3Uy.png
qTZBp7V.png

Combined with attacking your new boss on sight and using stolen babies, which are no longer valid combat Pokemon under the new policy, your prospects for continued employment do not look good.

JiMgCdF.png

At least beating your asses and throwing you out is helping Alexander to Ascend.

o4XCe9K.png

I’LL TELL YOU WHAT

GAelWqj.png
0iKWtn1.png

AT LAAAAAAAASSSSST

Aaaahhhh… all that crime paid off! Feels good, lads. I’ll finish beating up these soon-to-be-fired assholes next time, which is gonna be next Saturday, because I'm gonna be up in the highlands doing a bit of hiking for most of the week. Until next time, let's all join NOM UK in continuing to mock Oak!

8jw0c2P.jpg

Wait, hang on, guys, we don't have to be fatphobic, there's plenty of other reasons to make fun of this terrible person >:( Yer da uses inadequate sample sizes, Oak! Thanks for joining me, and haste ye back!

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
YES, CROBAT TIME

"all that crime paid off" what crime? all i saw was an empty pc box. weird thing to screenshot, but alright! you're the rocket boss

honestly the dig at the wide sprites in r/b here is unnecessary :(

i love the wide sprites, i think they're adorable. they're so charming!!!

also if we're insulting oak we should call him in front of the board of ethics for exploiting child labor instead of using his actual lab assistants to gather the data he needs for his work

FPFP66

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
NOT IF IT ROLLS EXPLOSION IT’S NOT
Miss Saylee has graduated to Pokémon Master. (Also, my earlier quoted replies were deleted, so you must endure a stranger format than usual. Too bad.)
You see nothing.
I saw nothing.
Given that this is a ROM
A what?? Might as well have said the drugs out loud.
AT LAAAAAAAASSSSST

Honestly higher education is one hell of a questline to complete, love you using the FRLG credits song as a victory tune!
This makes me feel like such a loser for even admitting it. I am not ashamed to admit I feel shameful. What a nerd I was. And am. Sigh.

anyway, I already rented about the National Dex in another post, I think, but it was stupid to require the player to have a certain amount of catches to advance the story.

fuck you, LGPE.

Time Master Eon

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
I really hate the National Dex lock. I mean, I get why they did it, it was their first remake and they didn't want to change the original Pokédex. But you know what else would have worked? either add the new mons to the dex anyway, or add a scene or line about your Pokémon evolving into something not in the dex. Maybe if you got a Crobat you'd get a special line if you showed it to Oak.

Green Tea

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Considered bitter by many.
Ah, intimidating old people into upgrading your 'dex. Done like a true Rocket.

I thought that the "weird foreign doctor" was Italian when I first played Blue all those years ago. I don't really know why, but every time since, I've read his dialogue with a heavy and ridiculous Italian accent.

If my memory is right, the patch of grass south of Pallet only contains tangela in FRLG. There are other things there in RBY, but in FRLG, it's pure, unadulterated tentacle monsters tangela, so it's not as if trading for one is even remotely useful in this generation. Ponyta were very common in the mansion, and a trade-boosted dewgong would be useful against Blaine, so I saw that trade as being a bit like the Goldenrod machop or Violet City onix in Johto - potentially useful, but only if your team's struggling. It's even less useful in this case because your only way to access Cinnabar is via a sea route, and that means you need something to surf on. Unless you decided to teach surf to your nidothing, you probably have a water-type already...

Also, funny that you mention trading for exclusives from the safari game. In RBY you could do that on Cinnbar. All you had to trade was the stability of your cartridge and the integrity of your hall of fame records and you too could easily acquire tauros and kangaskhan outside of the safari game...

Green Tea

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Considered bitter by many.
I really hate the National Dex lock. I mean, I get why they did it, it was their first remake and they didn't want to change the original Pokédex. But you know what else would have worked? either add the new mons to the dex anyway, or add a scene or line about your Pokémon evolving into something not in the dex. Maybe if you got a Crobat you'd get a special line if you showed it to Oak.

That's brilliant. I think the evolution items (sun stone, metal coat etc.) aren't available in normal FRLG, so you could only get crobat, happiny and espeon (and maybe umbreon with a moon stone?) from the Johto 'dex. It would be pretty cool if evolving one of them and showing it to Oak was your trigger for the upgrade, instead of catching an arbitrary number of Pokémon.

Last edited:

Jackdaw991

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
At last! Alexander finally has lost his legs evolved

I much prefer the gen 4 way of "You see it, here's the national dex" over "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN 60 FORGET IT!!!!"

I never knew about that girl being Janine, maybe cause I haven't done what the gen 5 guy calls a curiosee for the gen 3 games as much.

Illegals? Why bring it up? There wasn't anything on the image? What are you on about?????? :2spooky::3::whistling:

apocalypsewriter

Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 4, 2022
I get the vibe, from a bunch of details in the game, that the Pokemon League (or at least the Elite Four) are really, really new. Like, you and your rival might be some of the first challengers, or at least the first to make it through. Your rival might have been the first-ever Champion, with the role reserved for whoever’s made it through the League most recently. Feels even worse to immediately take it away from him XP
That could very well be it. Which would make the most sense. And really hurts even more for the rival to be ousted immediately. At least his record will always be the first one there, at least. And, it being so new, no wonder it was originally a surprise of "oh, and now fight one more person!"

Yay for Alexander! At least these Rocket members are doing their new boss a good with that, even if they are being stupid in many other ways.

And up to 60 pokémon? I didn't see anything.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
YEAAAA CROBAT.... I think it's a bit silly restricting the National Dex like that tbh, like, ain't completing the main story enough?? smh these fuckers ever account for gimmick runs

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
Uh articuno bc pretty
And Galatians articuno bc cool
Edit: BEVer mind wow you updated like six times
Stupid lack of time I get on my phone

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Bruno’s Machamp got a good look down Alexander’s throat and was too afraid to get any closer :v
Pfft

It’s a notepad, my man. Once you give me the national dex, though, I’ll be able to add one more entry to that
👀

QxIlyW4.png
BfSAlHw.png

—hey, I said give me the National Dex! HEY!
Uh-oh.

ERx7VlP.png
cuMjJkY.png
F371sNx.png

Hi Mum, just popping in to tell you that I love you, and also that if the cops come around, don't talk to them, just give me a call and let me know
Just good life advice in general (mostly the first part, but the second part is a completely normal thing for your child to tell you I'm sure). What a considerate daughter you are!

Wait, hang on…

64mSW3d.png
64mSW3d.png

FUCK
...So no Crobat after all? ;~;

p9PNjYa.png

Alexander, my boy… will we never see you in your true glory? Will the laws of a Notepad forever constrain you?
Noooooo!

4LKZs6D.png

Wait… was I right??? There is a display of pipes here??? Why???
Either that or nobody who made the original games remembered WTF that was either and the remake team had to make a guess. It does stand out a bit considering the museum isn't very anthropology-focused. Of course, the pipe is made of amber, so perhaps it also has a mosquito carrying ancient DNA trapped inside it.

csQ3Yb0.png

Sssshhh! No it’s not! Keep your voice down!

AdLdAKm.png
BIYuhOA.png
o0aUDm6.png

Just take the package and shut yer yap
lol I love how this is conducted like a drug deal or something. Also, does this mean you're going to bend the rules and fill those extra 'dex entries anyway? It certainly fits the run where you're going full criminal.

QhsB2dP.png

Yesssss!

dAbDiT7.png
TSmNUdn.png

He’s honestly 100% correct! He’s been out filling his pokedex while I’ve been taking over Team Rocket! It’s entirely sensible to entrust all the pokedex business to him over me! I’m doing a Notepad run Mewdammit!
Once again, poor Max. And maybe you wouldn't be forced to resort to catching crimes if Oak hadn't insisted on hanging all his Pokédex hopes on you for some reason! Glad the other regional professors don't do this shit.

DEGrEgi.png

Right, for my part, I seem to recall seeing some Rockets on Mt Ember. So far out, they may not be aware of Rocket’s change in leadership, or the internal restructuring that we’re undergoing. I’d better go inform them.
You are such a hands-on and helpful boss! The Rockets are lucky to have you!

Given that this is a ROM, I sincerely doubt it, but I’ll let you try if it makes you happy and if it doesn't involve buying BillCoin.
Pffft BillCoin

Apropos of nothing, did you know there are websites where you can buy lab-grown gems for a fraction of the price of a “real” ruby dug out of the ground by a child slave in a third-world country? I have no money so I can’t buy them anyway but still
Unironically important PSA

You two were literally standing on a mountain yodeling access codes.
Hahahaha. Once again I must appreciate your way with words.

JiMgCdF.png

At least beating your asses and throwing you out is helping Alexander to Ascend.
Oh. Oh! Is it time?

GAelWqj.png
0iKWtn1.png

AT LAAAAAAAASSSSST
YESSSSSSSSSS!

I’ll finish beating up these soon-to-be-fired assholes next time, which is gonna be next Saturday, because I'm gonna be up in the highlands doing a bit of hiking for most of the week
Ooh, nice! Hope it was fun!

Wait, hang on, guys, we don't have to be fatphobic, there's plenty of other reasons to make fun of this terrible person >:( Yer da uses inadequate sample sizes, Oak!
+2 for both calling out the fatphobia and for the great science joke. (Also, given how filling out the Pokédex supposedly works, it's not just his dad who's got a problem with inadequate sample sizes.)

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@bhelryss This is my totally legal Crobat, Alexander, isn’t he beautiful? So beautiful that everyone who sees him forgets how to ask questions
Yeah Oak we need to talk about child labour and emotional abuse, not your diet plan

@FPFP66
uDBqsjh.png

@Time Master Eon Not being able to catch new ‘mons in the wild before postgame would be fair, but why wouldn’t you let our Kanto ‘mons evolve, Game Freak? LET US SHOW OUR LOVE DAMMIT

@Green Tea Oh god, don’t remind me of THAT glitch… Gen I glitches are honestly kind of amazing just in terms of what’s happening with the software, but they scared the SHIT out of me as a kid 😭
You couldn’t get Happiny in Gen III, but you could get Blissey by evolving Chansey! Umbreon and Espeon are both happiness evos, too… I think it would’ve been lovely if the power of love could break the embargo, but Game Freak blocked that, so the power of Crimes will have to do

@Jackdaw991 Game Freak hid a ton of easter eggs in the game to fill out your Fame Checker, an item I entirely forgot about in this run XD

@Zenfulmockingbird I did get a Crobat! Houndour in the wild would be great if it happens earlier than the very end of the game someday XD

@apocalypsewriter Gotta go through my new staff roster, decide who can be trained up into a useful subordinate and who will make a delicious lunch for Alexander

@Nebbles it’s like Game Freak has NO respect for the intricate rulesets we make up on niche forums catering to death fiction :P

@Moon glad you’re with us whenever you do get time!

@songwithnosoul “never talk to the cops without a lawyer present” is actually a talk my IRL mum gave me once… I’m not sure WHAT she thought I was gonna get up to in uni, but it’s good advice to get XD
I’m the Rocket Boss, I’m not gonna let a little thing like laws I made up stop me from evolving Alexander >:( If Elm hasn’t popped up to stop me, then nobody can!
I’m sure I’ve mentioned before but I greatly enjoy “yer da” jokes, a counterpart to “yer maw” jokes that are less focused on misogyny and fatphobia and more on mocking the target’s father (and by extension the target) for either his poor financial/career choices or being inadequate in his chosen field. Yer da invested in dogecoin, Oak

Hello and welcome back to my FireRed nostalgialocke! Last time, something glorious happened.

hzgFODp.png
UDinbnw.png
BLNcoFc.png
cMl4BIf.png
tOUNMm4.png
16a9L1s.png

l8HV7ci.jpg

HuyYggL.png

I’ll tell you why!

bUwrqeC.png
CBRP6uC.png
eRwIlnt.png

All the laws I’ve broken, all the asses I’ve kicked, all in service of my beautiful batty boy 💜 :2spooky:💙

xqkyhyB.png
p238txg.png

Actually, since I’ve recently come into possession of a casino, I’m all for people betting! To a controlled extent, of course. If you bankrupt people, they can’t keep gambling!

BV9PetE.png
UAPQq0f.png
h9XRlvO.png
WiKViM4.png
p58o8Vm.png

Boy are THEY in for a surprise when they get back to head office!

BVHXmp3.png
HhPBwBl.png

Always loved these goopy lil dudes. They’re one of those designs that are, like, really cute in an ugly way, y’know?

wgHAL7s.png
vcukTVm.png
UPbq18T.png
TLkpevM.png
BnZ2Nve.png
I97w2IB.png
0YuVIXq.png
hQQYZkM.png
2ozugOG.png
nX48R25.png

Theeere’s the braille—and, helpfully, this is actually the alphabet, A-Z! The two wee ones are I thiiiiink an apostrophe and a full stop? Probably be contextually clear once we get to the actual translations

j1huPyK.png
UVNcbI3.png
L8rtdWR.png
U7coG4Q.png
bLQxETK.png
qHWQg7E.png
bCXDXwC.png
fOuJGFs.png

“Everything
Has meaning
Existence
Has meaning
Being alive
Has meaning
Have dreams
Use power.”
Apparently, the ancient people of the Sevii Islands carved their daily affirmations into the cave walls! That’s nice!

hCQ7JFm.png

Yoink

gp23QKy.png

Hope I haven’t cursed my whole bloodline nicking this

gkqhYyc.png
5p8B6KR.png
nBqEWkg.png
8OIiefV.png
JK3x0mh.png

This isn’t for free, you understand? I hear you’re building connections with Hoenn, and last time I was there, some of my dealings left me… unsatisfied.

W1qPiEU.png
smhA3sv.png
G7RSS2W.png

Why am I not surprised

tfWLU7z.png
ZDQ2YaE.png
lOGNf6m.png
2mgWnPL.png

I’m curious; is it this special Ruby and Sapphire in particular, or is he implying there’s some special connection between all rubies and sapphires, beyond space lesbianism? I mean, aren’t rubies and sapphires the same gem, just with different names based on colour? Whatever this is Magic Animal Planet and I’m overthinking things again

HMD8GZh.png
jCCzsnj.png

Time to scope out new territory

6jQ9Faa.png
ThfSEyl.png
biTe3CR.png

Business

Ygbgz9R.png
f09YMx7.png
10HtGUl.png
TRtmFk4.png

Okay, so in order: not copying you, I learned all about eggs from Elm the Eldritch, and I’m not trying to fill my national pokedex. It’s entirely your bag! Run free and try to build some self-esteem on your own merits and achievements rather than your grandfather’s unattainable approval! And hey, you ever want somebody to sort that old man out for you…

uoHTRda.png
Yf4z7w8.png
hRsXKhw.png
2CurSxG.png
aZZwCue.png

I feel like “smell ya later” has more impact than “be smelling ya”, which sounds mildly creepy

PrG0wPU.png
0uKSOPx.png
dloxwYv.png
DCH6wfF.png

I smell loooooore! Which I regularly forget entirely about but it would’ve been really fun if they’d set up a Pokemon Contest Hall somewhere in Kanto, if only in the Sevii Islands, as a shout-out to sharing a generation with Hoenn

XE2Cvh0.png
cIEuddq.png
bcjenbG.png
h80Yu0G.png
zAz2pMS.png

When I was teaching, I found Japanese kids go utterly feral for stickers, but I cannae blame them, because when I got a look at the sticker selection in Daiso, I just about went feral and moved in there. It’s not just the variety, it’s the quality. My autistic ass would utterly die for the 3-D squishy stickers and Daiso only charged 100 yen for them! Offering a choice of stickers to go on the homework folder was one of the top ways to motivate students, but I also have a shitton of them on my folders and laptop and more than two years after I moved away from Japan they still look great and bring me daily joy :D

TYY0BPv.png
sOPVJKN.png
PctSMSe.png
WRAG0XC.png
ahP2VGN.png
dsCNcuI.png
Kag2XEY.png

Shame the stickers are so wee and faint. Ooh, gonna have to get my team prints updated now that Alex has finally evolved!

88dkIUH.png

Shame being able to find this spoils the surprise a wee touch

CLqivWA.png
xDR8l2D.png

Like, how great would it have been to find this mystery house packed to the gills with pokemon plushies (aka my dream house) and then you find out later that it belongs to Lorelei?

1vzEjsm.png
37i6ii0.png
Qg6wFWm.png

I am very entertained by the image of Lorelei spending a League season being cold and intimidating to all of her challengers and then spending a chunk of her League salary on plushies before going home for the off-season :v

rdpsbB8.png
HkViXPU.png

Y’all really set on spoiling the surprise at the back of Icefall Cave huh

V5Ve3ta.png
gCKLRK6.png
isc6Ce5.png
kyOQxia.png
7Nfht3k.png

Body Slam can be a corker of a move, but I like my teams’ movesets are they are now. This is giving me flashbacks to when I was a kid and my brother and I would play a game we called “sumo”, where we tied pillows to ourselves and charged into each other until one fell over. Didn’t involve enough grappling to really be sumo wrestling, but we had fun :P

FWpXJlM.png

I cannot for the life of me remember what egg this is, but I don’t have the team space for it anyway, so…

kGzjwvY.png
zbtzx6i.png
23WPtJa.png

Hope you didn’t get any of the yellow slush in that

oyfaVRN.png
R1FaGbC.png

Aaaaalrighty then, what’s the story in here

QDfwssQ.png
f4JRYpb.png
UWmEgHQ.png

Ice puzzles. Joy of joys.

EnqiL33.png
uB6kImv.png

Well, at least there’s holes in the ground to jump into and smol beans to adore!

Oryy5ge.png

Ah, excellent, but…

MbQtL0y.png
ByWFSe1.png

Gonna have to make a wee detour to use it.

8HQkuzt.png
JGG3bJI.png
x1rJ8xJ.png
Tj3Se5q.png

Theeeeeeere we go! Handy thing about having two water-types is not having to clog up either of their movesets with two HMs!

I shall put that to good use next time, when we ascend into the rest of Icefall Caves! I am once again sad that I had to leave Japan before the first Wooloo plush released. I would love one of those massive Snorlax plushies, but I have no idea where I'd put it, I have NO room for something that size in my house XD A life-size Growlithe is also a plushie I would adore... if you could have a life-size plushie of any one Pokemon, which one would it be? Until next time, thanks for joining me, and haste ye back!

FPFP66

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
All the laws I’ve broken, all the asses I’ve kicked, all in service of my beautiful batty boy 💜 :2spooky:💙
That’s not even counting skipping last Wednesday’s update.
If you bankrupt people, they can’t keep gambling!
Go watch the second season of The Sopranos, and let’s see how that one goes. Or the fifth season. Or the first half of the sixth season. Poor Tim Daly.
Hope I haven’t cursed my whole bloodline nicking this
All of this feels like it’s foreshadowing towards a wipe or near-wipe in Emerald.
space lesbianism
That would’ve made the Star Wars sequels far more interesting. Much like how having Ahsoka in the prequels would have been interesting.
My autistic ass would utterly die for the 3-D squishy stickers and Daiso only charged 100 yen for them! Offering a choice of stickers to go on the homework folder was one of the top ways to motivate students, but I also have a shitton of them on my folders and laptop and more than two years after I moved away from Japan they still look great and bring me daily joy :D
This, right here, is probably the paragraph in this entire series that I’ll remember the most. Forget our “jailbait” conversation or you taking over Team Rocket. I will never forget this.
Hope you didn’t get any of the yellow slush in that
I will never forget this, either.

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Ooh, we're talking plushies, eh? If I had the space for it, I'd definitely go for one of those big Snorlax ones you can use like a bean bag chair, would love to have a dedicated gaming room with one of those things in it. Since that's not an option, though... I mean, Audino's my favorite, so I'd have to go with them if there were any official ones haha, but since there's not (At least to my knowledge? If one exists I demand everyone send me links), I worked at a Toys R Us back around the Sun and Moon release, and as such we had life sized plushies of the starters for $70 or so, would have loved to have gotten a Rowlet. I already liked owls and that little lad is just So Shaped.

Oh, and stickers! I feel you on having a laptop covered in em - I bought a Splatoon 2 skin featuring Octavio and Callie ages ago, but it's a pretty chunky device with plenty of space, so over time I've layered more stickers on top of that, too! There's one from the monthly dice subscription box I get, one I won in a raffle from a streamer I follow, and one from a podcast network I've donated to. I don't go out of my way to buy em as a general rule, but I'm looking forward to when I inevitably get my hands on more to slap on there, lol

Users who are viewing this thread