• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Hoenn Teen Commentary Via Memory Lane V: A Sapphire Nostalgialocke

Thread Description
A bright and sunny blast from the past. (Updates Wed-Sat. Part 8: 27/11)

PageEmperor

Absolute loather and despiser of ads.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
PUPPY!!! HI PUPPY!

Be mine plz, puppy!!!

Aw, bugger, she doesn’t have Intimidate D: NEVER MIND I LOVE HER ANYWAY 🖤

Lol at the first part.
Also, I could be wrong, but don’t those dogs only obtain Intimidate by their final stage? And always start off without it?

But that asides, great going so far! The team is shaping up to be really good and I’m just as entertained by your commentary as the last run!

FPFP66

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
Well, whatever, he’s not here for a battle or to give you anything, or really for any reason at all
Alright, my theory over the last couple years is they originally didn’t intend to have a rival in RS. Brendan/May have zero impact on the plot, you only fight them three times after the tutorial (four in Emerald), and they really don’t have any type of arc unlike Blue or Silver.

My feeling is they were originally intended to either be fought for the tutorial only but you’d see them multiple times around the region exploring, or they were added much later. I have zero proof to back this up, but I’m sticking to it.
I’m glad you guys are happy to be reunited, but chasing each other around the table is just kinda weird.
It’s like Bobby and his dog in the King of the Hill intro. That bird ain’t right.
“Peeko! We’re setting sail, my darling!” in a plummy old-timey voice became a meme as something kids would yell before jumping into the pool.
What?????
Ahhh… small town celebrities.
Our small-town celebrities where I lived in NY were the A- or B-tier actors then againwho had a house in the suburbs in a town of 10K. Maybe not the biggest “small town” but still.

HOWEVER, the next town over had a population of 1K, and the Clintons lived there. I think they’re still there but not sure. Yeah, some guy who appears on a game show or makes his professional sports debut is great, but can you really beat going to the supermarket and seeing Bill Clinton?

Then again, these people probably see Brawly shirtless when they’re fishing. Tough call.
I know when I was a kid this was all about figuring out how to make them say something dirty, and I know I had a favourite phrase, but going through the options I can’t remember it now so I’m falling back on cheap trolling that was considered high comedy in '03
Back in I think Crystal, I referenced Slowflake, who I consider to be just so good even if his content is outdated and his style isn’t flashy. Massive headphone warning, but start this at 3:06.

Time Master Eon

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
NixU0mB.png

If you really knew about it, you’d be swearing at me right now for making you lose
F#@k you, you made me lose

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I never caught the Feebas :(. I’m so glad they changed that in the remakes, now it’s just a rare spawn if you fish under a certain bridge near Fortree.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
I just looked up what this even does and found out for the first time, in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty one, that it changes which six tiles of Route 119 that Feebas appears in.

NOOOOO YOU JUST FOUND THIS OUT???? OH I'M GUTTED FOR YOU..... god I knew this shit for YEARS and the way it drove me up a wall, and still does to this goddamn day. I remembering spending two and a half hours meticulously fishing on EVERY TILE in Emerald for a Feebas once to catch them!

I also faintly remember, years ago with Sapphire, I had gotten a Feebas without knowing this method. I was still a kid back then, but I knew the little guy was rare, so I caught one and then started breeding them because well. Rare Pokemon! ...and then my little cousin played my file and restarted it and saved over it by mistake.

It was a sad day.

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Honestly, if they’re not gonna pay me, I might as well let the pirates get away, I am sure this will in no way echo Peter letting the thief get away in Sam Raimi’s classic Spider-Man (2002) or have any consequences for me whatsoever
Uh-oh...

I’m now imagining some, like, cyberpunk dystopia situation where Devon installs teleportation devices in their employees, but they can’t actually use the devices to commute to work because they’re only activated during time on-site to get around quicker, and Lanette is the hacker who starts cracking Devon tech so people can use it without all of their data being harvested by Stone Sr and his son who is entirely coincidentally the Champion…
You're just full of interesting story ideas lately!

It seems that, in Stone Sr’s joy at getting to use Chu for unpaid labour, he hasn’t noticed all the red she’s wearing
haha

Your Ledian avatar is super cute, I love their wee face :D Thank you again for all the work you’re putting in for the podcast, you must be getting pretty swole from carrying this season! No rush, but I do live in anticipation and fear of seeing that Snorlax made visible...
Thank you! And I'm looking forward to having more time to work on stuff like that, catch up on comments...

xtLML62.png
CtL6kGB.png
CJzk0LT.png
ivtl9rC.png

I’ll be honest, dude, that… kinda seems like something that would wreak havoc on the local ecosystem? Some of us are practicing controlled catching...
I'd like to think that he's exaggerating, or didn't have many balls. Since he's a research assistant and all, he should know what he's doing... Should.

“Peeko! We’re setting sail, my darling!” in a plummy old-timey voice became a meme as something kids would yell before jumping into the pool. I don’t think random lines were going memetic quite so often by the time Gen III came out, at least among my age group, but there were still one or two gems in there
Hahaha, that's cute.

Nyoom! I like that it actually shows you the sailing route, through routes you’ll be able to Surf one day, instead of skipping it with a blackout :D Gives you more of a vibe of, like, traveling around a Place That Exists rather than moving between game levels, you know?
Again, I always enjoy when you point out these nice little touches in the games. There's such improvement from one generation to the next, and I'd miss half of it without your commentary.

xfRNEke.png
o7BBicp.png
d0EgjF6.png

Nah I’m gonna go looking for free shit
haha

gGSCa0f.png
5WN4oX6.png

This might be ideal for Tiffany if Pickup wasn’t so valuable to me. We’re not here to be fashionable, we’re here to find free shit and use knives
At least you have the option of slapping it on her for a particularly tough battle and then taking it off again!

GHmEjyW.png
o3fxscY.png

…Oh. Oh my god. I can’t believe I completely forgot the fucking Dewford Island Trends
Ah, this weirdness! Good times. Another Hoenn detail I'd totally overlook or forget without your commentary!

lkY2lYg.png
gyboE5k.png
B73bFQv.png

I know when I was a kid this was all about figuring out how to make them say something dirty, and I know I had a favourite phrase, but going through the options I can’t remember it now so I’m falling back on cheap trolling that was considered high comedy in '03
Hahaha. Oh god, THAT. The Game was, regrettably, very much a trend among my peers too, though I think a bit later than 2003. Even as a kid I was like, "This is stupid, I'm not participating," but it was still always a little annoying whenever I was reminded of "losing" it. Can you name your Pokémon after memes? Imagine naming one of your team this! The better to troll any time travelers who happened to jump forward a decade and a half.

FlHXwgT.png

It sure was in 2003, anyway!
Haha

I just looked up what this even does and found out for the first time, in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty one, that it changes which six tiles of Route 119 that Feebas appears in.
WHAT

I always knew it was based on some random, bullshit variable, but it being tied to this... well, I wouldn't have guessed that, but I suppose it had to be something. How bizarre, though. So glad that they made finding Feebas easier in Gen VI.

ZF9MDA2.png
T9uuYqk.png

Honestly, as inherently trolling as The Game is, it’s got nothing on Game Freak in Gen III
Oh yeah, the Japanese Braille Regi puzzle. That one might be the most BS puzzle in the entire franchise--or maybe the way to get Regigigas in ORAS. That one was too much for even for Serebii.

Before this there have been rare Pokemon, one-off Pokemon, swarm Pokemon, baby Pokemon, and some of them have been really fucking rough to catch—especially Chansey in the Safari Zone—but Feebas is definitely the debut of Completely Fucking Bullshit acquisition methods for Pokemon
More room in the GBA carts means more room for bullshit!

You more or less have to dedicate your life to finding goddamn Feebas if you want one in Gen III. They only appear in six random tiles in Route 119, you can change them by changing the trendy phrase but there’s no way to find out what the tiles have been changed to, because there is zero indication anywhere in the game as to exactly how hard Feebas is to find. I never caught one on my own as a kid; I gave a Polly Pocket set (the pink seashell one, iirc) to the one girl at my school who found one by sheer luck in exchange for her trading me an egg. Apparently those old Polly Pockets are worth a mint on ebay these days so maybe I should not have done that, but it seemed like a good deal at the time.
Wow, 'dex completion was serious business back in the day!

mxDtp8W.png

Okay, but consider this: I’m not a fucking coward
haha

7QBpd1N.png

If nothing else, that hiker should’ve been able to tell that this guy’s important because he has his own unique sprite
Hahaha

I mean, if it does, I do not have access to that information. Wait, were you supposed to tell me that? Is your dad data harvesting? I don’t know how he’s monetizing this data but I’m sure he is. Am I gonna start getting targeted ads for Hyper Potions once my Pokemon have over 100HP?
Wow, and I just thought that he sounded like a walking advertisement... Devon was apparently ahead of its time in its corporate evil!

mGsoTGu.png
oJKWyiV.png
mmkfKcv.png

… you know what? I’ll take it, this TM fucking slaps
At least you get some worthwhile compensation for your plot-railroaded fetch-quests!

Is this your excuse for the shitty word-selection message system? These wee systems were clearly set up to stop us putting swear words or dirty messages in data that might be exchanged with other kids, which, as we all know, just breeds more creative dirty terminology.
It's good for a developing mind to come up for work-arounds to profanity filters! Fosters creativity and the satisfying feeling of one-upping the grown-ups.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@PageEmperor oh shit, you’re right that Poochyena only develops Intimidate when they evolve! Could swear that Aqua Poochyena had Intimidate, though… hacking bloody pirates, modding their dogs :v

@FPFP66 It does seem like the actual characterization went into Wally and Brendan/May are basically serving the function of Oak’s Aides, turning up to give you random key items… but much more annoying XP
The thing about Scotland is that, as well as small-town celebrities, everybody claims close brushes with, like, the same three celebrities :v My mum insists a friend of hers used to babysit David Tennant, my French teacher in high school claimed to be Ewan McGregor’s cousin (and had a photo of them at a family wedding to prove it stuck up in her classroom), and my Granny used to swear that Sean Connery delivered her milk when she was younger, though if you believe every elderly person in Edinburgh who makes that claim, Connery was the only milk-delivery boy in the city :v
Adult Anime… brilliant XDXDXDXDXD

@Time Master Eon lolz, roflcopter, etc

@Kit_The_Feef I love that they both made it easier to catch Feebas, and also made it easier to EVOLVE Feebas, because you used to have to raise their Beauty stat to the absolute max, which was only possible at all with certain natures that liked the first pokeblocks… Game Freak who hurt you

@Nebbles I NEVER KNEW!!! I was not on Pokemon Internet in 2003! There was no indication in the game and I didn’t have a NOM UK guide! I NEVER KNEW AND IT WAS NONSENSE ANYWAY
RIP to all of the games saved over by younger siblings or cousins… explains why they later made it so damn hard to delete a file XD

@songwithnosoul I am cursed to constantly have interesting new ideas that I struggle to flesh out before getting distracted by other fancy new ideas :v
I think naming my Pokemon after trends from the noughties would deal far too much psychic damage for any of us to bear XDXDXD I’d have to name somebody “jean dress” and there would be no survivors
Glad I wasn’t the only one who never knew what the Dewford Trends actually DID… how the hell are you supposed to figure that out????
Oh my god, I straight up did not know how to get Regigigas in ORAS… what the actual hell, Game Freak, why is Hoenn LIKE this
Look, if there’s one key to making lessons go well that I’ve found, is that you’ve gotta let students win games and competitions against the teacher, but you can’t let them know that you’re letting them win. You gotta win some points on them, and then they pull ahead and defeat you. Just, in general, kids are so much more enthusiastic about learning things or doing things if they’re getting one up on you. It’s a challenging strategy game in its own way XD Also I don’t see the point in trying to prevent kids from learning profanity because like… they will. And they’ll be way more enthusiastic about it if it’s Forbidden. My parents were just like “Yes fuck is a funny word to say but it’s not appropriate at school. I guess it’s fine to use when you get hit by a blue shell in mario kart, since it expresses that emotion pretty well. However if we EVER hear you calling the wheelchair bus the sp*zzy bus there will be HELL TO PAY”. Help kids UNDERSTAND what words mean instead of just banning them! Also fuck is super useful and super fucking funny in the context of Pokemon

F0S0uRD.png
zawqQBg.png
bB3eUF1.png
R7ZlSkx.png
Cz0VFCn.png
MR78aN0.png

BL1Ufes.jpg

1rtThw0.png
uKq4bEl.png
DlUKR6P.png
ztsQK7r.png

Okay, time to see how Eagle stacks up against the gym trainers. I’ve had A Bad Time with Fighting-type experts in the past, as you all well know, so even though this is only the second gym I want to proceed with caution. I love the dynamic Battle Girl sprite, by the way

GKY69si.png
wVK5gTE.png

Holy shit, Taillow learns Wing Attack at level 13 in Gen III?! Hoenn Pokemon are fucking BUFF compared to Kanto and Johto!

EQsKwzT.png
puyTjSt.png
53Lai12.png
K5Y2WA3.png

Fuck off, Thucydides

YEuoRWN.png
hFnxl1U.png
bii4XSe.png
JRBrkOO.png

Don’t even have battle screencaps because Eagle is fucking tearing through these trainers with Wing Attack… he’s a few levels lower than the stronger ones, though, and I’m a little concerned that Wing Attack alone will not carry us against Brawly

HNVpipb.png
pVlm2e0.png

Eyyyy, go for it, girl! Shoot for the moon!

VNujrSl.png

Eagle pretty much solo’d the gym trainers, but he did take some hits from the last one, and I’m not confident that Level 14 is going to be enough, since I’m pretty sure Brawly’s Pokemon get to around level 20.

F2xyBud.png

However, I don’t have a “no grinding” rule for Hoenn precisely because the level curve in the gyms is steeper than in Johto, so it’s time to hit the caves and pump up the team a bit! As usual when grinding, while I intend to try and solo with Eagle, I want the rest of the team up on levels so they can provide backup if needed.

3xCK6qY.png
G1039pt.png
bDnsKQ2.png

Training montage~! Nemo's so grown up, lookit him! ❤️

RhZK6qb.png

I hate grinding so this is where I’m at. IIRC, Brawly has Meditite, Makuhita, and maybe a Machop? I’m gonna take the Meditite with Jules and save Eagle for the Makuhita, so they’re more leveled than the others.

AggCRWf.png

I always read Brawly’s dialogue in a generic Surfer Bro accent, which now that I think about it is really more Bill and Ted

3jR0LAy.png
yxEsaOd.png
rLGY57b.png
rEVYU8q.png

Sure, just so long as the darkness is a training thing and not a vampire thing… he doesn’t have a cape, though, so I think we’re okay.

Hfc3xvC.png
fzPq7Cd.png
iDnOc5u.png
VCvJ7aY.png
POLOkze.png
6bmANJ5.png

Catch me bringing a butterfly to a fistfight and winning

n9SEEtw.png
ZIRqCFx.png
vcZcI0i.png
VUw8i8o.png

Wanker

FJC1VJz.png
drBAncI.png
3G2hzmh.png

Nevermind, Eagle outsped, it’s all good! Huh I really thought he had a Meditite, I must’ve mixed up one of his later teams 🤔

6dN8UwK.png
Kt21eKG.png
nPnjMtq.png

Okay wait, this could’ve been an excellent line of puns if I’d fully evolved Nemo and taken you out with Surf, can we redo this battle in a few gyms’ time?

SqlLklI.png
9Zdvt0X.png
Uh5DF4f.png
aU9eDQ6.png
LidYPzd.png
vKgn9ae.png
KJWfIpc.png

Bulk Up is one of those moves that brings me Fear when I see an opponent use it but can never be arsed to use it myself

xMtbPLQ.png
B8KJhrJ.png
ZVeD3fm.png
QravAYr.png
kHAvW16.png

Get me the hell outta this hick town, they’re unironically into The Game!

8FGLy6P.png
FJnd77n.png
AihsJaH.png
wrZoA7A.png
q2UcwRD.png

I vividly remember spotting that old ship the first time I played game and getting SUPER EXCITED later in the game when I realized I could surf out to it and explore it… gotta love it any time they let you explore somewhere abandoned or destroyed, it’s always SUCH a cool environment 👀

rqQMgFG.png
Tfi4AMH.png
dVow3A2.png

Nah, I’m gonna catch some rays. As a kid, I thought these were all, like, those inflatable floaty pool chairs, but looking at them now they might be towels. I don’t know, I don’t care, we’re having a beach day babey!

G09RZAM.png

If I were funnier I’d edit a horrible sunburn onto that wee sprite but I cannae be arsed so just know that I fucking FRY whenever I’m left out in the sun. I am the MOST peelie-wallie Scot, the kind that causes blindness when I get my legs out for the summer :v

ywOQ63c.png

I am a simple creature who spends so much time playing Gameboy-engine ROMs and hacks that I get thrills from the visual joy of being able to walk under an umbrella

vdnhqQX.png
9oiocw5.png
UqweVwo.png
D3z5Nee.png
QACQJ5D.png

D’aww, kids building sandcastles and giving handfuls of sand to randomers as presents, classic, adorable

Xz2o01L.png

I am deadly serious when I say I have had almost this exact conversation, though the little girl in question was declaring herself and her sister co-queens of the sand castle. But they did badger me into being their servant and bringing them buckets of water for their moat.

YfiaP6D.png

There’s a load of evidently drunk sailors hanging out on the beach picking fights, but they’re generally pretty easy to handle

ieI3JSw.png

…I stand corrected!
But seriously HOW THE WHYFUCK WOULD A CRIT WATER GUN DO THAT. WHAT

mz6j3Ha.png

I know Marshtomp can’t learn Revenge, but Nemo is still gonna use vengeance

oVne3FJ.png

Ugh… I wanted to evolve her into Mightyena so badly, Polly was a BAMF in my run for Calamity Calls Q_Q Rest well, sweet pupper…

t9JxtSd.png

…I …I think Tiffany wants her friend back… I’m gonna need a moment…

wuBQuRD.png

…I am soothed by your cute description, tiny child, but my favourite description of an umbrella will always be the one I got from a tourist when I was working in a gift shop who stopped in and asked for a “what is the word—the roof on the stick?” and I refer to an umbrella as a roof-onna-stick whenever I can now

WmlTByH.png
adAJznC.png

That’s a very sweet interpretation of Pickup, but I still tend to assume I’ve got a furry wee kleptomaniac on my hands :v

yBUkzo9.png
syzIlGo.png

You are so right, my man. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go find a feral raccoon, give her knives and throw her at oil company CEOs. Enough with the fucking pipelines

7vi1PB9.png
kXM7MI7.png

How can I resist a child who raps?

DuKFL1l.png
p976e8I.png
h3gpV7E.png
P6Q2yj2.png

I forgot to cap any of the battles but they were, thankfully, uneventful. As a side note, I love the wee environmental details in here, like the inner tubes hanging at the back and the dispenser next to this dude.

kezD6qG.png

Gotta say, the dinky wee lighthouse is very cute but not as impressive as the place in Olivine.

F74pcdj.png
DXQLcys.png

So many NPCs’ dialogue have environmental concerns, we got theeeeeeeeeeemes up in this game! I respect that, by Gen III, Game Freak realized that they essentially controlled a goodly proportion of the world’s children and tried to teach them to be environmentalists but not eco-terrorists.

uuOvrVj.png
bx2WNQR.png

Me at the Barras and Covent Garden

hn40QGF.png
Fg2bjmg.png
sf5fbTI.png

That said, there isn’t actually anyone here selling anything I’m interested in buying right now, so instead have this line of dialogue that made me kind of scared of seaweed for a few years

6Zfr3qD.png
qa8paQs.png

Cool! I’m planning on entering in my Emerald run, since there’s some tweaks to Contests that I think make them much better, and also it’ll keep chunks of the Emerald run from feeling too much like a repetition of this run. Also I've already finished this run so it's too late to change things now, and I don't wanna skip Contests entirely since I do actually like Gen III Contests

PIqFwcx.png
ZFGlw9s.png

I looked this up, and it’s kinda true! Ever since advances in submarining and diving equipment allowed us to do proper explorations of shipwrecks, it’s been known that ships sunk in shallower waters can be completely transformed by ocean wildlife into new habitats, so now some ships, after being carefully stripped of any potentially harmful materials, are sunk on purpose to become habitats. One of the reasons so much stuff has been brought up from the Titanic, including portions of her hull, is that the waters she sank in were really deep—she’s at, what, twelve thousand feet? Ocean wildlife is much less dense down there, and the ship itself doesn’t offer enough food to be worth living in, except for some types of deepwater bacteria who are helping her decompose very, very slowly.

cRPRczt.png

I also like the wee boats. Some real work was put into the sprite art in this game and I am here to appreciate it.

Ajrttyq.png
xsavgvG.png

Why is everybody in this game so emo?! I remember this myth being brought up in the first Pokemon movie. That movie was something that, while I was in Uni, we showed in anime society to a bunch of younger members who’d never seen it, and everybody cried, because even when you know what’s gonna happen it fuckin gets you, so possibly the sea was made by the tears of weebs watching Pikachu’s grief when Ash gets stoned

oKu8GwA.png
j1VQpiX.png
11Ps0fd.png

Also true! Historically, this is why Egypt was such a powerhouse civilization, and most of the earliest civilizations were built in river valleys. A lot of capital cities, right up to today, built up around rivers or coastlines—the Thames in London, the Seine in Paris, the Yellow River in Beijing, the Ganges in Delhi, etc. In the last couple centuries, people have started building cities with actual layout planning and putting them basically wherever there’s space, confident of having the technology to pipe water in or drill down deep enough, but the messy mazes of really ancient cities are always centred around water. History is super interesting okay

3MOq1D1.png
0cc3SyJ.png

I am… honestly curious about that myself? You’re pirates! Giving me these vibes:
5c.jpg

"Somebody's gonna have to go back and get a shitload of pokedollars!"

WBJTY3I.png
4pWTTeF.png

Back in the before times… when you physically went out to places, around other people, to buy physical games… now you sit up until midnight staring at your Switch until the option to download appears XD

NLjsGhz.png
z4c8nir.png
9tCOjBi.png
ApIGXoM.png
Gm0T2Kr.png

No need to worry, ma’am, something tells me there’s not a single brain cell between them

9cgYgmI.png
SWYt7wL.png
SMOVCse.png
UiljQem.png
EKZKngw.png

Yep, your boss sure is a genius who didn’t think to give you lot ticket money, or tell you to stagger your arrivals so you’re not all so incredibly conspicuous and suspicious :v

YsIlGM4.png
OxajyFD.png

What do I get in exchange for listening to you havering on?

SKhFgc9.png
zhoDsTb.png
qkQpkHA.png
44nAQI5.png
wH8aqVA.png
8YQPS8T.png

All I get is a telling-off for not giving my Pokemon enough sweets?! I’m writing to Vermillion and having them disown your chapter

LPusQNU.png
DNLYE6P.png
7foDcwC.png
ZwhIX1P.png
zlEUbt1.png
wAT7AHq.png
hRKCoqu.png

SHE knows what’s up! Nemo may not have consumed the most cubes but he loves me and that’s what matters 😭 💙

3BQd7Qx.png
ag90w1N.png

He is SUCH a good boy ❤️

31Be17y.png
nzyxqD3.png
Hk1RicY.png

Why the hell not. IIRC, as well as seeing these interviews on the TVs in your own game, if you linked up with somebody to trade or battle, your interviews would show up on their ingame TVs too, which is nice!

GXDT3Cm.png
cC7Z2Js.png
2h0VdKL.png
MIvbaV5.png

Something like that, anyway

Ht8AQYW.png
7yz9E1W.png
5pbiJnB.png
sk99fAk.png

I know the word-select system is meant to stop us writing swears but it also stops me expressing how many of my Pokemon were just babey when first encountered

9VoOGp8.png

Okay, I’ve spent too much time on this guff

JgMn25e.png

Gotta get a replacement for poor Siobhan

ckyv2RM.png

Sorry, wee man, you’re a dupe!

rwZtvrs.png

I have literally never used one of these dudes in my LIFE so let’s see how this goes

yYSUie4.png
IjeGgiJ.png
7RAt6nt.png

I would love to name her after Gluttony but sadly I was not into Fullmetal Alchemist yet at this time. I was, however, fairly into Rugrats, which had a movie come out in 2003, and for some reason her look just kinda reminds me of them. Wee, round, big mouth, y'know? One of the first games I played on a computer was also a Rugrats game—I can’t remember the name of it but I distinctly remember a game where you had to lure Angelica up the stairs with a trail of cookies, so let’s go with that :v IIRC, the final level was some kinda space fight where you were chasing another spaceship and shooting pies at it. Tie-in games are so weird.

55ZmnuL.png
r4iJuRg.png
RhS5p3b.png

Welp, I have no idea how good she’s gonna be, but she’s part of the gang now!

Alright, that's more than enough rambling for today. I already miss exploring that abandoned ship... what do you think of abandoned and/or post-apoc locations in video games, or indeed real life? I kinda love the melancholy of looking around and putting together what some ruin used to be, but it's more fun in video games because I don't get overwhelmed with thinking about the deaths of real people XP How about you? Until next time, thanks for joining me, and haste ye back!

Anya Homura

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Clever
That was a... really well-timed rng-induced Pickup Trigger. Fuck, dude.

Gulpin & Swalot have fairly decent Bulk to them, as well as the ability to poison & stall out, which can definitely find a good niche on your team of comparative fragile speedsters. It just might take a bit of babying to get fully-evolved, but you have to do that with a lot of Pokemon anyways.

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
I have literally never used one of these dudes in my LIFE so let’s see how this goes
Oh, Gulpin are great! They have great bulk and a good movepool, so I really like them!

FPFP66

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
Adult Anime… brilliant XDXDXDXDXD
The Adult Anime Professor
Holy shit, Taillow learns Wing Attack at level 13 in Gen III?! Hoenn Pokemon are fucking BUFF compared to Kanto and Johto!
Taillow is such a good birb. I know I’e said anything goes in-game but I really like Facade/Aerial Ace/Steel Swing!Swellow in Gen 3. A good, solid team member.
I really thought he had a Meditite, I must’ve mixed up one of his later teams 🤔
That’s his Emerald team. And I am shocked the Good Birb didn’t die against Brawly.
I am a simple creature who spends so much time playing Gameboy-engine ROMs and hacks that I get thrills from the visual joy of being able to walk under an umbrella
It’s the simple joys in life Miss Saylee. Always.
How can I resist a child who raps?
Should’ve brought the 🐎
images

Something like that, anyway
“You know” is my “like”
what do you think of abandoned and/or post-apoc locations in video games, or indeed real life?
It’s fucking creepy. Chernobyl has always fascinated me but it’s terrifying. The pictures of NYC in March 2020, too. Empty as can be.

I love them in games. I mentioned the first Last of Us in Crystal on my getting emotional about video games rant but God, that game nailed depressingly haunting atmosphere. RDR2 did too, to an extent. It’s not about zombies or animals coming after you. It’s about the environment and trying to find books or letters or recorded audio that provided exposition.

Time Master Eon

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
I think Brawley keeping the lights off in his gym to recreate his training conditions is cool. Particularly under the interpretation that gym leaders act as teachers/mentors to local trainers

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
We'd better hope there's no more vampires. Also, RIP Siobhan. She was a good pupper. And Tiffany is a good raccoon. Gulpin are solid, I used a Swalot in my Firered Randomiser Nuzlocke and she was extremely reliable. I honestly thought she was going to be garbage, but she's not. As for my opinion on abandoned places, I like to explore them because it gives a sense of mystery. Like, what happened here to make everyone just leave? Ghost Towns are also intriguing. I think that's why I enjoy looking through my town's old museum. There's almost nothing there but relics of the past of my old shitty town. But it's still fascinating. If I weren't so lazy, I might have become some sort of archeologist. The past fascinates me, too.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
The museum dialogue gets me every time because it's so goddamn FUNNY. I adore Team Aqua (and Magma) for how just lovingly stupid they are.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
ya go home to texas for thanksgivin and u miss 3 updates, blah (but so exciting to come back to)

shroomish man holdin himself out for a shroomish. buddy do you not have your own pokemon with which to pursue extrajudicial punishment? because i think that would help you, you know, with not getting bullied by pirates...

briney's companion pokemon is pretty worthless. you know. from a corporate perspective. pretty useful for keeping old men sailors who could definitely kick your ass to tuesday away though!

the game, lmao; also somehow i knew about the feebas thing as a kid????
no idea where i found it, but the kids at my daycare didn't call me the
pokemon guru for nothing!!!! truly the joy of being eleven is
knowing almost everything about gen 3. i did not know all that much about emerald

YEAH I LOVE ABANDONED ARENAS TO EXPLORE. shoutout to the time
i went into an abandoned store in our mall (that was
actually recently renovated into an urban air store) and took
a bunch of pictures of how apocalyptic it looked before
the mall staff realized they'd left the doors open and escorted
me an my best friend out of the store.
shouldn't have left the doors open, you were askin for me to go in
fight me, mall staff

siobhan no ;;

the shop rapper kid's spiel is still in my head.
every day i go "am i hot to trot, or cool cat not?"
and sometimes i even finish it before i do a chuckle and move on

inb4 that dude's seaweed is actually dragalge and skrelp

titanic really down there feedin iron lovin bitty critters. love that for her

I LOVE ABANDONED PLACES. I LOVE IT. the vibes are always melancholy or
frightened or whatever and it's sick as fuck. it's so fun, and spooky. what has this place seen. what does it still know....where are the ghosts, give me the ghosts, the things hidin in plain view cause abandoned places trick the eye into looking for the known when the unknown has already moved in and made it their own- ah wait that got away from me

Users who are viewing this thread