• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
[LAST UPDATE: 10 March, 2021] it's been, 1 month since they looked at me

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry
In a state of constant motion, even when dormant. Consequentially, this Pokemon is always tired.
On November 22nd, 2017, I was 15, and I posted the following onto the original NuzForums:
I'm definitely going to regret this run, but hey, it's all in good fun. I haven't even started the randomizer yet at the time of writing this, but I've loved nuzlocke runs for so long and haven't even gotten past drawing my starters in terms of comics. It's killing me.

Let's keep this quick!

While "Absolutely Certain" isn't what I usually go by, that's who I shall present myself to be for this forum. So, I'm Absolutely Certain and this is a haphazardly made randomized Platinum run.
As I reupload this comic onto the lovely new forums (i love this place oh my god), Until Then (previously "Pantsing") has uploaded 15 pages total, since life's gotten in the way a lot,,, however. This hiatus will be coming to an end very soon...

This is Until Then, a Randomized Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke.

The scene is set against a pure black background. We see three upside-down monochromatic, humanoid figures, all of which reaching towards a glowing red 'orb.' The glow inside the orb seems to separate into three hues: pink, blue, and yellow. Beneath the orb, in vertical white text, reads UNTIL THEN. On the bottom of the image, in grey, reads RANDOMIZED PLATINUM NUZLOCKE.

Read this on deviantART, Comicfury, or Tumblr!

RULESET\\
ARTIST RULES
GAMEPLAY RULES
These are now null and void, but I'm leaving them here for archival purposes.
1.) You're nothing without a semblance of a plan: you're permitted 10 minutes to rough each comic and 25 minutes to design each individual character. If it takes faster, then move on!

2.) Do your best, but do it quickly. You're not permitted to spend more than 30 minutes on a panel. (note to self: finished is better than perfect!)

3.) You may only retcon small details (i.e. parts of clothes, exact hue of grass) but keep things consistent.

4.) Full-page illustrations, if they are a part of the story, have a time limit of 2 hours to complete. The definition of a “full-page illustration” is one where one panel is the entire (or the majority of the) page.

5.) Have a backlog. Do not post a comic until you have two more finished.

6.) Keep things moving. Update at least once a month—rule 5 takes precedence over rule 6, however.
1.) If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and must be released ASAP.
1a.) RIVAL CLAUSE: Battles with the rival are non-lethal.

2.) You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter.

2a.) DUPES CLAUSE: Absolutely no duplicate Pokemon are permitted, even if they are different branches of the same evolutionary family, or if the Pokemon that enforced the clause is dead.
2b.) SHINY CLAUSE: You are permitted to catch and use any shiny Pokemon you encounter.
2c.) Minimum catch rate set to Level 1 (normal Pokemon at 30%, legends at 15%).

3.) More of a ceremonial thing than anything--you may only catch Pokemon using Pokeballs and Premier Balls.

4.) Nickname all catches.

4a.) As of Floaroma Town, nicknames must be 4 spaces long.

5.) If your starter faints, game over.

6.) The run ends after you defeat the Champion.

TABLE of CONTENTS\\

-> ACT 1 [???]

----> CHAPTER 1 [Out of Water]
[1] ; [2] ; [3] ; [4] ; [5] ; [6] ; [7] ; [8] ; [9] ; [10] ; [11]
----> EXTRAS
[the real page 8]

----> CHAPTER 2 [???]
[11.5] ; [12] ; [13] ; [14] ; [15] ; [16] ; [17] ; [18] ; [19]
----> EXTRAS
[N/A]
CHARACTERS\\
i promise i'll fill this out later i'm just tired

Last edited:

Salt&PepperBunny

Formerly MouseWithADinosaurTail
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Ah, glad to see this run has made it over here. Welcome to the new forums, Pantsing! We were missing you for quite a while!

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry
In a state of constant motion, even when dormant. Consequentially, this Pokemon is always tired.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi a few announcements:

• this is on comicfury now
  • i've decided to rename the thing "Until Then." yay!
  • huh i need to update my tumblr
  • everything is the same
  • updates on tuesday baby

ok thanks bye

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry

my god, these bitches confused! bad for them! bad for them.

i recommend looking at my new comicfury, it's kinda pretty. i didn't code anything specifically yet but it just looks real nice. i will also be relinking everything on the OP to comicfury haha... there's a lot to be done lmao

there's also the tungle

I ALSO DID THE CODING FOR THIS POST BY HAND... i'm proud of myself!! i didn't have to make a table using the wysiwyg editor! i feel so strong and powerful :)

PREVIOUSFROM THE BEGINNINGNEXT
<<<
(off-site)
[[top post]]
[[cover]]
>>>

Last edited:

Winterspheonix

Comic Secret Hoarder
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
THAT F A C E! Omg I love the face holy smokes on the third las panel. XD Other than that, lovely page!)

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Reread time! I love this comic! The circumstances under which the characters so far met are completely bizarre and they're all so stressed and make the funny faces ;v; Also, that moment when u think u might be having a psychotic break, but everything was probably real......

In the latest page, my favourite part is when Nilo explains the gun and the reading direction is reversed for one row of panels. You pulled it off perfectly, that was so cool!
And that new cover! Ah! Your composition and rendering skills are absolutely MAD! 👌

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
It's back! Fresh new name, same great nonsense. Their face in the one panel the :o sliding off to the side, it conveys a very precise emotion that I don't have words for but thank you for blessing me with its visage. And Nilo with the response to "why are you here" with something completely not answering that question. Everyone is just trying their best and none of it is working bless all their hearts.

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry
it's a perfect day for a fish hunt

admittedly since it's been like, months, part of me feels a bit self-conscious about responding to comments that folks might've long forgotten about ^^; please know that i love and appreciate y'all, and your commentary gives me a lot of motivation. it reminds me that i'm not just posting into a void here, but that people like what i have to share. it's really really nice, even when coming back after an impromptu hiatus

i didn't really embellish my point of view much since handwriting dialogue is time consuming and i wanted to just. get it out there. i'm really happy with this change and i hope you guys are able to enjoy what i bring to the table with this change as well.

epic! keep on gaming

OH YEAH also i'm gonna update whenever now too. at the latest i'll update on this comic's anniversary :)

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry

realizing that there's a LOT to be updated on and off the forums, but first let's start here!:
since i keep forgetting to add this warning: Until Then is a comic planned to have sensitive content—particularly, stuff such as violence, blood, gore, mutilation, body horror, unreality, discussions and explorations of mental illness, mentions of abuse (emotional, mental, and physical), and content related to those topics.

Whenever we start a chapter that approaches sensitive territory, there will be a disclaimer of the specific content the chapter has before it starts. There will also be a disclaimer of the specific content before and after the page/set of pages is/are uploaded. Stay safe, and take care!

when i stop being lazy i'll update the OP with that stuff. secondly, i'm gonna try shooting for an Update Schedule, if you will... i'm gonna try for every wednesday when possible. i'll test the waters and see how i feel with that :] thank you all so much for reading!

<<<[[top post]]
[[cover]]
>>>

Last edited:

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry

raise your hand if you've felt personally victimized by drawing backgrounds
also the line art style will change a bit next page, i just prefer it over the method i've been using for previous pages so apologies if it's jarring!

deviantART || Comicfury || Tumblr

my tumblr's gonna get cleaned up soon, apologies for the mess there ^^;

@DasUnicorm one way or another, all roads lead to another hole in the wall...

<<<[[top post]]
[[cover]]
>>>

Last edited:

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry

i forgot to update last week and i was just being a little whorelike

deviantART || Comicfury || Tumblr

throwback to how i said that i'd clean up my tumblr and then i didn't and then i moved and i still didn't

<<<[[top post]]
[[cover]]
>>>

Last edited:

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Man the designs and art on this are SO nice? I kinda like an asshole protagonist, this dude is very chaotic and has clearly pissed off the wrong people and I can't wait to see the whole universe come down on his head for it. Also, the facial expressions are hilarious XD

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Good gosh I love your colors so much. That last panel, the juxtaposition of the gorgeous sunrise and the small singular profanity. Exquisite.

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
This comic is incredible! Your art is amazing and I love your painting style, it looks so nice! Also I love our asshole protagonist they are very fun and I love to watch them struggle through their problems. I can't wait for more!

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
HELLO i love this so much, there is so much to love like. the banner! it is so eye-catching and intriguing! the cover is beautiful! I love the Intrigue and how the gun is introduced by the protagonist pulling it out and the hoothoot gjinka and gyarados gjinka just look so cool yet so neat, it's easy to tell what pokemon they are (i think the hoothoot is the one with red glasses anyway sdkjfhsdjkghds)

i am just rambling now but this is me @ ur pretty art (source is a facebook page called "Writing about Writing" and it is me @ every pretty art comic thing ever s,dfhd including yours! because your drawings are so cool!!)

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry

oh, that's not normal

deviantART || Comicfury

i've decided to deprecate tumblr as a place that i update on--i'll still try to update it and have it link back to the nuzforums, but like. wrt uploading preparing a page for tumblr has always been the biggest hassle for me (and caused me to open up a SHITTON of tabs, which my brain hates doing). i care very deeply about accessibility and reach but sometimes i gotta remember to make things accessible to myself too, y'know?

@SayleeK that's awful sweet of you, thank you so much!! ;; while i've gotten rid of the art rules, the designs that you currently see in the comic are more or less the ones i made while i still had a time restriction, so i'm very thankful that they still stand up after all this time! and writing nilo is VERY very fun, i'm a sucker for asshole protagonists (or, well, just assholes) myself--i like to find the little balance between asshole and "can be nice sometimes."

a bit of a note, though--Nilo is agender! they use they/them pronouns ^^;

@Kadew THANK YOU!!! colors are my pride and joy, i struggled a teensy bit with them this page but i'm very proud of the end results (usually). i take my juxtapositions VERY seriously. if my painting isn't funny then what's even the point

@vizarding ;;;w;;; my god this means a lot, thank you!! i hope you enjoy what's in store >:3c

@sky_ YOU *GRABS YOU* YOU ARE SO NICE. THANK YOU SO MUCH. although i will say that nilo is also a Seadra, but this isn't the first time they've been mistaken for a gyarados and i honestly don't blame y'all! i very very much appreciate the meme though, your words are very uplifting to me and also even if you actually know art terms this is how complimenting other people's art tends to go anyways LMAO

Where did all of you people come from

<<<[[top post]]
[[cover]]
>>>
(tbd)

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Ah, I hadn't noticed their pronouns! Good to know. They sure are having fun with that rock, huh? Totally a normal rock, for sure, nothing strange or bizarre or cursed about it at all! (For real, though, the shift from the nice sunset tones to the wild neon shit is smooth but definitely makes an impact!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)