• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has begun. Go shout from the rooftops about your favorite runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions

Thread Description
We had this in the Tapatalk forum, I think

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
BlacKkKlansman has aged terribly for me in just two years.

Don't get me wrong, John David Washington was great in that movie as Ron Stallworth, along with Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), Eric Forman (Topher Grace) and Robocop 3 (Robert John Burke) all having their moments, but the movie clearly doesn't cater to everyone because of the plot's subject matter, along with some noted inaccuracies compared to real life, the most notable being the movie taking place roughly six years before the investigation had even occurred. And making matters worse, Spike Lee unwittingly aged his own movie by tacking on a political ending with footage lifted from real events, which has been relatively dated especially considering Trump left office earlier this year. Had the movie just ended without that uncomfortable ending, I would've still considered the movie watchable today.

Nowadays, I don't think I want to watch another Spike Lee 'joint' because of this one. I understand if you disagree with my opinion, and if you enjoy that joint, more power to you. That said, BlacKkKlansman just doesn't have the same taste as it once had in the cinema, and it gets worse for me every time I come back to it.

Last edited:

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
I'd actually enjoy listening to All I Want for Christmas Is You if it wasn't the only Christmas song radios played. I really love the songs energy.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Donkey Kong 64 is quite enjoyable, even though it is admittedly collectathony. I do think the later levels require collecting way too many bananas to be able to fight the bosses, and there are some bullshit tier things (fuck the DK arcade game and the second rabbit race), but the game itself is quite fun. It would probably help to be able to switch Kongs at any time rather than only at certain spots, though, and the arcade game needs to die in a fire.

Would also like to point out that Banjo-Kazooie is arguably just as over the top in terms of collecting items: you need 94/100 Jiggies and 810/900 notes to fight the final boss (98 and 882 for the double health upgrade), while you only need 100/201 Golden Bananas to fight DK64's final boss (as well as 4/10 Battle Crowns and the two silver coins-again, fuck the DK arcade game). Especially given that BK's notes were all individual.
Not knocking BK in any way, but pointing out that it's arguably as much of a collectathon. Tooie isn't as ridiculous (70/90 Jiggies for the final boss, and notes are bunched in sets of 5), but the amount of backtracking in that game is annoying.

Basically, all three games are great. Would kill to play them again, but I don't have access to an N64 😢

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Basically, all three games are great. Would kill to play them again, but I don't have access to an N64 😢
Lucky for you, the low, low price of $50 dollars a year will allow you to play all these classics with worse controls!

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
I'll be honest with Shrek, now that I remember the movie in my old age: I didn't think Lord Farquaad was all that bad. Yes, he was racist towards ogres, but pretty much everyone in the Shrek universe is, and for good reason. Yes, he tortured the Gingerbread man, but the reason why isn't given; the muffin man and the unnamed lady could be harboring fugitives. But ultimately, he kept his word to Shrek; it was Shrek reneging on his own word (give Farquaad Fiona), and ultimately his interruption is what screwed with Fiona's curse, and it was nothing Farquaad did to wrong him. He didn't kill Shrek and Donkey for flat out murdering (Donkey rolling over at least the two with the wine barrel was an obvious death.) his knights when he had every right to.

Was he a good guy? Most certainly not. But he was a lot more noble than Shrek himself when it came down to it.

Last edited:

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Haha markiplier go E

Also Beauty and the Beast remake is one of the worst movies I’ve even in my life. Literally watch the original it does nearly everything better in every way

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
The 2005 version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is just as good as the 1971 version, and I go back and forth on which one I enjoy more. I honestly thought Johnny Depp did a really good job at making Willy Wonka really eccentric/borderline creepy, and the music was amazing and it was a visual treat. It's also more accurate to the book.
To be fair, the original was visually impressive for the early '70s, its music was also great if a little samey/overly saccharine, and Gene Wilder was also a fine Wonka. But I think the remake was just as good-one of the few remakes that was actually worth making.

THKS

The Trainer Behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
Becky Lynch has officially become my least favourite wrestler. This one has been admittedly brewing for a long time, which started from the 2019 Royal Rumble where she took Lana's spot, and eventually culminated to the 'belt swap incident'. Granted, Charlotte was being Charlotte in that she didn't want to look weak in swapping belts, but the very least that Becky could've done when that was said and done was be quote-unquote the bigger man in the situation. Instead, she got into a twitter argument with her, going as far as to drag Ric Flair's name into it and call him sad, before ending her friendship with Charlotte (which is probably the only part I can understand from that). At that point, I simply had enough of Becky.

When Becky was first being pushed, I admittedly resented her and her new 'gimmick', although I was able to gradually tolerate her and understand why the fans prefer her. But now, if I was a promoter, I wouldn't even consider the idea of signing Becky Lynch because of the belt swap incident. Charlotte, too, but for different reasons.

Sakurah

Resolute Heart
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/They (Any is fine tho')
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has an overactive imagination, this Pokemon always comes up with new headcanons and story ideas. While they start projects, they rarely finish them.
If there's one hot take I'll hold on to dear life with hot coals under my feet, it's regarding the entire Bayonetta franchise.

I don't get the hype surrounding the games and the titular character. Yeah, nothing needs to make sense to have fun and I'm sure there's a story somewhere in there. Maybe the overall experience is just too much for my autistic brain to handle and I find it all just... tiring? Not my thing? Something I don't really care for? The whole angels and demons cliché gets pretty tiring too.

I could also bitch about the fandom, but every entertainment medium each has their overzealous apples and they shouldn't be a deciding factor in hating something or not.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
I'm fully expecting the inevitable Mario Kart 9's roster to heavily overlap with the Smash roster, and honestly I'm okay with that. If they hadn't started adding other series in 8, I wouldn't want them to, but since they already have, I'm fine with it. In fact, there's a few characters who seem like fairly obvious/logical adds (in addition to bringing back some of the cut characters):
-Zelda/Ganondorf (since they added Link, even though Link was the biggest WTF addition)
-Captain Falcon (since 8 added two tracks from F-Zero as well as the Blue Falcon, plus F-Zero is dead so the guy could use something)
-Kirby/Meta Knight/Dedede (they had a racing game as well)
-Sonic (after all the Olympics games he and friends have been in with Mario, it only makes sense)
-Fox/Falco/Wolf (these guys are more debatable, but going from piloting to racing isn't a huge stretch, plus one game did have an ending where Fox and Falco became F-Zero racers, so...?)
I would also say Banjo after he got in Smash Ultimate (since he appeared alongside Diddy in DKR), but I don't know if Rare would be willing to share again, although it would be nice.
Basically MK9 could end up being called Smash Kart or something similar and I'd be okay with it.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.

Users who are viewing this thread