• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Not one but two anonymous angels wanted to get the word out about a hidden gem of a comic, feraligatr's Dear Sergio. This Shield Nuzlocke follows Sergio and his best only friend Hop!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions

Thread Description
We had this in the Tapatalk forum, I think

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
I think Spongebob is one of the dumbest shows in existence, and I have no idea how it's been on for almost 20 years.

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
I don't care about graphics, they are dumb to focus on in a game, they don't add anything to the experience, adding more graphics to your console isn't gonna go well if your games are terrible

Also I'm glad the Kirby series is actually starting to change, since it was getting pretty stale, I noticed this recently from Uncle Al's video about it. I'm so happy that we are moving to a new formula for the franchise

genderqueer gorehound

burger king foot lettuce
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Dragon Ball Z actually has a very compelling plot with a ton of interesting elements if you watch it through the lens of "the Saiyans are allegory for neurodivergency" and particularly if you interpret Gohan as being an autistic-coded character.

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
(This’ll make me look like a 10 year old despite me being in my teens, but) I honestly think Five Nights AT Freddy’s, game design wise, is an incredibly well structured series. Each title takes the core formula and shakes it up while still keeping core elements, with games like Sister Location and Pizzeria Simulator being more minigame like in structure, but all the games manage to still keep you on edge.

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
I know no one will probably admit it, but I like playing Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. A good reason why was that she helped me beat 200CC, which is the reason I feel indebted to her. It helps when the only character I could unlock in Deluxe by completing the whole tournament was Gold Mario, which is just a reskin of Metal Mario.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
in light of the last of us 2 getting nominated for goty, i have to confess that i have honestly never had fun actually playing any of sony's Prestige Games. like yes the narratives are generally good and the production value is such that they almost succeed just on wow factor alone, but like

the actual experience of moving a character through the world and interacting with things?

there might be some cool narrative behind that shelf or something, but when i nudged the control stick to get closer i did that one simultaneously slow/slippery running hop that's in every action game (you know the one), clipped into it and knocked three other things off the shelf (alerting every enemy in the room), and also automatically targeted an item that's too far away to use. repeat for 15 hours.

anyway i'm petty

also nickelback isn't terrible i guess. like i wouldn't go out of my way (and i don't have to because the one milquetoast rock radio station that's in every city in america's got my back there), but i don't think i've ever had a genuinely bad time listening to them. it's just like, what you'd get if you distilled the essence of Approachable Radio Rock into a single band. at least it's not the police

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Muppets Most Wanted is my favorite Muppets movie. And I'm not at all ashamed of that.

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Chao Garden was horribly designed considering the intended audience couldn't stay focused long enough to tie their own velcro shoes.

Having a powerful character moan to themselves about how they're weak and helpless until the team pep talk makes them "actually" strong doesn't make them relatable or a better character, it just makes them look like a self-obsessed twat that can't function without a sycophant.

genderqueer gorehound

burger king foot lettuce
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Hellsing: Ultimate is one of the best shows ever written but most people that adore Alucard don't like him for the correct reasons. Alucard is a deeply complex character study of the effects of childhood trauma on a person and the mental illness that follows thereafter and this is mirrored in Seras's character arc too - the difference being in the way they handle their traumas. Anyone that obsesses over Alucard but sees him as just another Shootygun McEdgyBloodMan is missing the point completely.

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
I regret playing Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. How badly? I stopped playing both after the second Gym badge. It's just Pokemon Go masquerading as Pokemon Yellow nostalgia, with the gimmick of a Pokemon following you, your starter knowing variations of HM moves and the addition of Jesse, James and Meowth. Even worse, there's Trace who's the quote unquote friendly rival. Yeah, give me Gary every other day, or perhaps even Silver. I'll maybe settle for the red-headed jerk compared to the bumbling trainer who immediately challenges you to a battle after such a fright.

Even with Sword and Shield's noted flaws and shortcomings, it's still a better game compared to Pikachu/Eevee, which is catered to children and Go fans, if there are any still out there. At least Sword and Shield has entertaining rivals, let alone actual rivals in Hop (who aspires to get better and follow in his big brother's footsteps), Bede (a smarmy foe who ends up being taken under Opal's wing) and Marnie (who, aside from the weird haircut, is probably the most-beloved of the three). Hell, if you get past Clara and Avery's hairstyles and personalities, even they are plenty of steps above Trace. And while it does hold your hand to an extent at the beginning, Sword/Shield is at least a genuine Pokemon game, which is more than I can say for Pikachu/Eevee.

If I want to play Pokemon Yellow, I'll just play Pokemon Yellow, not a nostalgic Go version on the Switch.

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
I don't like Dark Souls 3. It tries to be Bloodborne and Dark Souls without understanding why either of those games actually work. Level Design is either way too massive or way too narrow with very few in-betweens. There are only a few bosses that feel rewarding to face, the magic system sucks in comparison to the previous two games, the lore borrows way too much from DS1 rather than being its own thing.

The only positive is that I beat the Nameless King and Soul of Cinder with a Bow and Arrows. That's at least comical.

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
I'm venturing into sacred ground with this take, but....

I never want to play any of the Danganronpa games. I'm not doubting that the games are well-made or that the series is filled with waifus and husbandos and whatever...

But the games look anxiety-inducing as FUCK. If I actually decided to purchase one of the games, I just know that I'd end up putting in a few hours and then getting so scarred over the executions and how each of the characters treat each other that I would just turn off the console and not touch the game for several months.

Sorry, it's just not for me. If I wanted something to stress me out, I'd just look at my grades.

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
But the games look anxiety-inducing as FUCK
That is fair, very fair
Also for my own opinion, I miss the online on wii u for smash 4, sure you still got laggers but atleast it was FREE
Now nintendo online makes me sad, but Snes games good tho

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Hot take about The Breakfast Club: the "criminal"/rebel kid is a douchebag asshole and the way the movie tries to make him a rootable character lowkey pisses me off. IMO he's not likable-he's nothing but a bully to the smart kid, as well as a thug, and borderline harasses the popular girl (the way he treats her would never fly nowadays). Granted it may be because I didn't like those kind of people in high school IRL, but I already hated him barely ten minutes into watching it for the first time, and by halfway I was like "please stop trying to make me like him, he's a dick".
The movie itself is good, but I just can't stand that character.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I tried rereading The Hobbit a few days ago, and three pages in I thought, "Now I know what 'too much worldbuilding' looks like." It just felt like Tolkien could've used a few lessons on showing, not telling. I never even finished the first chapter.

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
The Angry Birds Movie was actually pretty good, not perfect or as good as something like the lego movie, but I still found it enjoyable, sequel kinda sucked though
The new bird designs are also pretty good

Last edited:

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
Oh boy, I love showing unpopular opinions! I have quite a few of them.

• This one I hold onto like it's the only thing keeping me from falling to my death: I despise Adventure Time with every single molecule on my body, and I think it had a huge negative impact on cartoons as a whole. The artstyle is atrocious, the character designs are uninspired at best and hideous at worst, none of the jokes strike any amount of positive emotion into me, the story is convoluted, cliché, and boring, and it created quite possibly my least favorite character in all of fictional media, Lemongrab. I get angry just thinking about the show, so that's all I'll say.
  • Puyo Puyo is extremely fun, and I prefer it over Tetris. I also way prefer Sega Puyo Puyo over Compile Puyo Puyo. Sue me.
  • I cannot for the life of me enjoy any of the 3D Legend of Zelda games, besides Wind Waker. The world and characters bore me to tears, no matter how good the gameplay is.
  • While I do agree that gameplay comes first and I also am tired of photorealistic games, to say that graphics don't matter is honestly quite ridiculous. Sure, the gameplay can be fun, but if the graphics are ugly or messy, do you really notice the good gameplay behind that?
  • Ice levels are my favorite level archetype.
  • I only support the piracy of games if said games aren't being officially sold in any way, shape, or form. This includes via stuff like Virtual Console and the PSN store.
  • Out of all the collection-based 3d Mario games, Odyssey is actually my least favorite. There are just way too many moons that collecting them barely feels rewarding. Also, I hate how every 3D Mario game since Galaxy 2 has an unfairly difficult final level as the completion "bonus".
  • I genuinely love Sonic Lost World, in spite of how bad its story is, even by Sonic standards.

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Grand Finale Galaxy is the worst 100% completion reward in any Mario game. You can point to Sunshine’s postcard and the NSMB series’ stars on your file, but I honestly like games that give acknowledgement to 100% in small ways. Games like Galaxy 2 and 3D World giving extra hard levels is also a fun test of skill (Grandmaster Galaxy took me 4 years of off and on attempts, and beating it was the most rewarding and powerful experience I’ve ever had in a video game.) But Grand Finale Galaxy is just a lazy attempt at an ultimate final level. First off, not only do you have to get every star in the game to unlock Luigi, but you have to do it again. The hours, most likely days of collecting stars? Yeah, do that again. No changes apart from some different (albeit somewhat interesting) dialogue from the still unexplained second Luigi and the Cosmic Clone races are a little harder. And after all this, the player sees a new Galaxy unlocks. Surely this will be a grand reward, but no. It’s just the Festival from the beginning of the game, with Purple Coins just strung along the path, with zero challenge to collecting them. Seeing all the old characters is nice, but there is no challenge in collecting these coins, apart from 1 that’s slightly off the beaten path on the Starshroom. They should’ve just gone with the postcards you get after beating the level, at least then I wouldn’t feel cheated, just robbed. This level made my 10 year old self super disappointed that everything I did was just for 5 minutes of seeing some old characters in the first location. Anyways, rant over, if you liked this Galaxy good for you, and Galaxy 1 still slaps, but this was just such a disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)