• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Unova Mature Hack Mon United We Stand, Divided We Fall: A Pokemon Volt White Squadlocke

Thread Description
Updated on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

THKS

The Trainer behind Franklin.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
So If you're new here, hi. I've done a Nuzlocke before. Last year I did my very first Nuzlocke that was documented, and the game I played was Fire Red Omega, an enhanced version of the Fire Red/Leaf Green games, though with Elekid, Smoochum and Magby as starters, among other noted changes. Despite all the hardships and disasters, I had fun in the end, and as you may/may not know, my team came out on top and Franklin became my new avatar, as you see on your left. This time, however, I've decided to take on Pokemon Volt White, but with a twist. And that is where the similarities between me and Jaiden's Platinum Nuzlocke intro ends.

For those who don’t know, a Squadlocke was from the mind of Moxie Infernape, who managed to clear the Elite Four with that idea he created (coincidentally, he also did that Squadlocke on Fire Red Omega); basically, it’s two teams of three, you have to battle with Pokemon from the exact group you started off with only, and if the leader dies, the squad goes with him/her/it. I have a strong feeling I’m going to regret that in the long run, but I might as well try it out to start off 2021 on the right foot.
  1. You have to catch only the first Pokemon for each Route. Dupes and Escape Clause are in effect. I’m allowed to catch two Pokemon at Pinwheel Forest and Desert Resort; one outside, one inside.
  2. If the Pokemon faints, it results in the Pokemon dying. If the Leader dies, however, his/her/its team goes as well. For example, if your Oshawott (presumed leader) was to bite the bullet, then your Sentret and Wurmple would also bite the dust. Sidenote; the team is built on two squads of three, meaning that the squad chosen in battle has to involve Pokemon from that specific squad of three (example being Tepig, Lillipup, Patrat). There can be an exception only in Gym Leader Battles (in the event of Double/Triple battles), Elite Four Battles and other Major Battles if necessary.
  3. You must name your Pokemon.
  4. If you lose all your Pokemon in battle, GAME OVER YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH! *tss*
  5. Set Mode 2: Set Harder
  6. Bullshit Clause – Second Chance: If things are dire, then the teammates that technically haven’t been killed off in battle can be reinstated to help the team out. This can only happen once and under the following conditions; if the team is virtually devastated, if there aren’t any or enough Boxed Pokemon to step in and if there are teammates that have been deactivated, not killed off like the leader. It cannot be activated if the entire party is wiped, though.
That pretty much sums up the rules I'm going in with. Wish me luck.
  1. It Don't Come Easy (Coming February)
Expect updates to be coming on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Last edited:

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Taking that "not starting a run this year" literally I see :P
That ruleset is pretty cool, but lordy talking about going from the frying pan to the fire with VW. Even Drayano fears what he created.

Out of curiosity, how do squads work with box mons / can leaders ever be changed? Just curious how much control you have over setting up the second squad.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is the first Chapter of my Squadlocke attempt in Volt White. Even though it's the beginning, all I can say about it is that this is no normal Gen V game. Let's hope it goes well.
Taking that "not starting a run this year" literally I see :P
That ruleset is pretty cool, but lordy talking about going from the frying pan to the fire with VW. Even Drayano fears what he created.
I'm aware of what lies ahead in Volt White/Blaze Black. Many have fallen, even at the first half of the Nuzlocke attempt, like with thehydrusproject, Munching Orange and CBAD – the latter two failing both versions, while Pokemon Challenges took 41 attempts to finally finish it. I'm not crazy enough to attempt this even twice, so I’ll just do my best as a trainer. If I fall at the first few Gyms, then all I can blame is myself. I knew what I signed up for, so it’s too late to Wimpod out.
Out of curiosity, how do squads work with box mons / can leaders ever be changed? Just curious how much control you have over setting up the second squad.
Leaders can change in a Squadlocke, but that's normally if the Leader dies. If I had a full set of Pokemon, it would result in two teams of three, both having a Leader. Teammates, however, can be interchangeable if need be. Pokemon that have been boxed, on the other hand, work the similar way in a normal Nuzlocke; they can just be called up in case a Pokemon in the squad or even a whole team of three falls. If the latter happens, then a new team of three will enter in their place. It’s as simple as that.

That’s right, it’s Volt White. One of the most notorious Pokemon rom hacks in history, with some people who attempted to Nuzlocke this game wiping out on/before the third Gym, and another taking more than 40 attempts to complete it. This is going to probably end badly…

But as a plus, every Pokemon up to Gen V can make an appearance in Volt White, unlike just the specific gen Pokemon.

Why didn’t I start this sooner?

Again, I’ve picked the girl because I kinda gave it away.

And you must be wondering why I would name the girl trainer Pico, of all the other names available. How dare I name a character similar to another who is doing a loosely-related Nuzlocke to Gen V!

Well, actually, it dates back to an urban legend in Team Four Star’s Platinum Nuzlocke. A Beautifly named Pico was an illegal catch, Raisin allegedly removed nearly everything from her before shutting her away in favour of some Staravia named after a slow moving vehicle, and Raisin’s team slowly started dropping like flies. Some say Pico was killed. Others say that she’s awaiting her sentence.

But I say that she’s been reincarnated into a female trainer and has been sent on a mission with two rivals in an attempt for Pico to clear her name. To me, it’s canon. And if you say otherwise, then you might not like where this is going.

Does it look like I'm playing this in America? It's summer from where I am!

Three Pokemon are packed in a gift, with Bianca and Cheren allowing Pico to go first.

Notably, Volt White certainly wasn’t messing around with the changes, so I had a brief glance at the typings of the starters.

So I ended up picking Snivy, because come on. Wouldn’t you like a potential dragon as your starter, too?

Honestly, it's kind of weird seeing Cheren carrying anything other than a Snivy. I hope he's friendly with Fire Piglet.

Somehow, I have a bad feeling about these two battles up ahead.

This one's just a Tackle contest. Snivy won in the end.

Of course, this cut-scene made this battle a lot cooler than it ever deserved to be.

Yeah, Bianca was already my first opponent. Unless if you were referring to yourself and Tepig, of course.

See Bianca's Oshawott for results. On a serious note, that's one way to get your heart pumping; surviving on just 1 HP.

And he learned Vine Whip. Franklin would've killed for two victories to start off her Nuzlocke quest.

I wonder if Pico preferred her sentencing from Raisin compared to being reincarnated to take on a Nuzlocke.

After Bianca and Cheren apologised and said their goodbyes, the mother ends up giving Pico a Bicycle and... wait, this early?

But before heading to the lab, I decided to visit Bianca, to see how her dad would take his daughter going on a quest. I'm pretty sure that he'll take it well.

See? He took it well. I mean, Bianca is still alive and kicking, isn't she?

Finally, Pico decided to visit the Pokemon lab with her "friends".

Long story short, Professor Juniper is impressed with the early progress with the starter Pokemon, even though Snivy was the true winner.

Namewise, there was only one name that I could think of. Someone in need of redemption, of closure, of something to prove... Roger. Now, I know that he has fallen before in a Black Nuzlocke I've done, but this is his second chance. It could be lucky for him.

Following that, the trio each receive a Pokedex and a Town Map. Well, it's nice to have a moment of normality in this hack, isn't it?

Finally, after minutes worth of exposition in trying to get the inexperienced ready and the veterans annoyed inside that they have to endure this every beginning, we caught up with Juniper...

...where she showed us the proper way in catching Patrat.

After getting some Poke Balls, our Nuzlocke journey finally gets underway.

Admittedly, I had to cut out a whole lot of exposition for this Chapter. It ran to over 400 screenshots at one point.

As Volt White had included every Pokemon up to Gen V, our first encounter is a mystery. Let's hope it's something worthwhile.

In fairness, I didn't know what I was expecting. But considering Volt White's secret upgrades with certain Pokemon, maybe Pidgey might carry moves that the bird might not naturally know by herself.

Oh, and this is something I decided to do in this Nuzlocke; keep track of what I've caught through their bios.

And I named her Eva Marie. When and if she evolves, you'll understand why.

As there isn't a Pokemon Centre in Nuvema, the next best thing is to head back home, apparently. But it'll give me some time to check the team out.

Roger's nature is nothing to write home about, but his ability is notably different, as he has snared Contrary. For example, if someone Charmed or Screeched at him, his attack and defense would be boosted significantly instead of being lowered. Downside, it makes all the moves where he could strengthen his stats feel redundant and unnecessary.

Looking at Eva Marie, on the other hand, a noted change in her arsenal is Razor Wind. A powerful move at the cost of waiting the first turn. Meanwhile, she has a Rash nature and Tangled Feet in place of Keen Eye. Why does it feel like I actually have the former wrestler Eva Marie in my party?

Nonetheless, it's time to grind the team to Level 9. You can't be too careful in Volt White.

*One Grind Session Later*

The only thing to note was that Eva Marie learned Pluck.

Meeting back up with the duo, the 'Xtransceiver' starts ringing. While it is relatively serious, just look at this scene. Who would've thought that a Pokemon game would predict the Graphics gag from Anchorman 2?

To further the plot and our independence, Pico enters the Pokemon Centre, where Juniper is waiting.

Naturally, Bianca tagged along with the brief tour guide inside. So for those who don't know...

This is the place where you heal your Pokemon and where the Nurse bows at you every time, a tradition since Gen I.

Next is the PC, where you store your Pokemon. You were used to be able to store items as well under the trainer's PC, but that's been discarded since Gen IV due to the bag limitations being removed. This franchise always had trouble getting with the times; it took them to Gen V to make TMs last like HMs.

And last is the Poke Mart. For some reason, it has been compacted into the Pokemon Centre for... reasons. Whatever, it does make things convenient and somewhat easy, now that you don't have to go to a separate place to buy things.

But of course, to progress further, we have to get through pointless exposition... Plasma's speech.

But I am already here.

In other words, the big bad of the game. A trend that would not be broken until Gens VII and VIII, respectively with Team Skull (which I was admittedly annoyed with at first because their leaders at least scream main villains) and Team Yell (who are diehard fans of Marnie, the beautiful girl with the dreadful haircut).

Honestly, it's a tale as old as time.

Oh my god, you're a knockoff of PETA. We already have a loosely-based game of Black/White from them where the main characters of the series are psychopaths, and the Pokemon we know and love have seen better days. Isn't that enough?

After Ghetsis' moment in the spotlight, Plasma makes like a... sign arrow? And leave. They got it half right.

And the crowd disperses not long after. Well, except for the guy with the green hair. Apparently, he didn't get the memo.

I think I know what my Snivy would've said about the speech...

Well, way to disrespect people who want to go on their own journey at being a Pokemon Master. You'd make a perfect role model.

Come to think of it, isn't N a hypocrite? I mean, he chews people out for 'confining Pokemon in Poke Balls' as if they were a mere prison, and yet he's a Pokemon Trainer which would mean that he would have to confine those Pokemon as well? Frankly, he's one to talk about Pokemon being happy that way when he has Pokemon of his own in those Poke Balls.

See what I mean? He has three Pokemon. Going by his logic, N's worse than your average Black/White Nuzlocker.

Eva Marie starts off against Nincada, the first notable deviation from the original.

Um... alright, you've asked for it... Eva?

That random act spurred Eva Marie on in taking down Nincada and Mankey, N's second Pokemon.

Then came Purrloin. It was at this point I decided to send in Roger, to show N that Pico has got something underneath her cap. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough to take down that darn cat in one hit.

The second hit, however, sealed the Purrloin's fate.

Yeah, well, you shouldn't have riled both of mine up.

I just find N's way of thinking flawed. He assumed Pokemon are being imprisoned by the mini Voltorbs and that they'll never become - in his words - perfect, because of that, therefore he intends to pull an L and change the world... by confining more of them in Poke Balls. Because they're his friends?

For once, I actually agree with you.

Meanwhile, Cheren is gung ho on becoming the very best like no one ever was. To catch them is his real test. To train them is his cause.

After all that exposition and just three battles so far, it was finally time to heal the victorious team.

And here's how the team looks. Call me crazy, but I have a good feeling about those two. If we can get more members, then this team will gradually become a force to be reckoned with. While this Chapter is brief, it is a good time to call it a day. These two deserve some victory music.

Surviving Party Members: Roger the Snivy, Eva Marie the Pidgey
Chapter 2 is coming Saturday. Could more members be joining the team? And will the team prove that they're here to stay in the Gym Battle that lies ahead at Striaton City?

Last edited:
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 1, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
he/him/his
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Scared of rabies, so on, so forth
Love it so far. And did you get your Route 2 encounter?

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Solid start, and nice that you snagged Contrary! I actually don't remember how much wilds spam stat-reducing moves in BBVW, but it'll probably be pretty helpful for even just leveling, ignoring some cool potential uses in doubles / the eventual Leaf Storm.

Razor Wind is kind of interesting, since effectively it's just as strong as two Gusts, right? Pluck is an absolute godsend for that line, though, it needs as much Physical STAB as it can get.

Will be interesting to see who's the third squad member. Grass + Norm / Flying is a pretty decent core already, something to handle ice would make it pretty much perfect!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Playing a Drayano hack with essentially only half a team? Good luck!

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Love it so far. And did you get your Route 2 encounter?
Thanks. I don't want to give a whole lot away, but you'll see, and I'll give you one hint about the encounter: it's a Bug type.
Playing a Drayano hack with essentially only half a team? Good luck!
Thanks, I’ll probably need all the luck I can get for this. I may have cleared Fire Red Omega, but this hack will probably scare me.
Solid start, and nice that you snagged Contrary! I actually don't remember how much wilds spam stat-reducing moves in BBVW, but it'll probably be pretty helpful for even just leveling, ignoring some cool potential uses in doubles / the eventual Leaf Storm.
Yeah, it can be. I just need to get used to his ability at first.
Razor Wind is kind of interesting, since effectively it's just as strong as two Gusts, right? Pluck is an absolute godsend for that line, though, it needs as much Physical STAB as it can get.
There’s no denying Razor Wind’s power. It would be an easier pill to swallow if it didn’t involve a turn where the opponent has one potential free shot. Pluck, on the other hand, would certainly help Eva Marie out.
Will be interesting to see who's the third squad member. Grass + Norm / Flying is a pretty decent core already, something to handle ice would make it pretty much perfect!
Again, I’m relatively new to the Squadlocke rules, but it would be good. What I’d need for the first Gym, however, is to combat against Fire Pokemon since I chose Snivy.
In Loving Memory of Tanya Roberts. One of Charlie’s Angels, a former Bond Girl, and Bob Pinciotti’s then-wife.

(1955 – 2021)

After resting, the team was ready to venture to Striaton City. And the team is poised to meet their next teammate... at night.

But first, Mom ends up ringing Pico... at night.

YES! FINALLY GOT SOME RUNNING SHOES... at night.

And it seems like Mom's work is done for the time being.

Well, it was probably inevitable I'd come across a Weedle. Normally I would've been annoyed at catching it mainly due to taking almost forever and a day to grind them into Beedrills... but keep in mind, this is Volt White. Almost every Pokemon gets a second chance in this game.

Geez, slow down. You nearly killed off my starter.

After initially breaking free, the Weedle becomes the third member of the team, which therefore means that I have a complete squad of three for the first time.

It's a good thing you didn't poison my Pokemon. Otherwise, I would've dread catching you.

And I ended up naming her Chloe. Like with most Bug Pokemon, Weedle has notably been buffed up with the moves and ability, with Poison Touch. I'm sure Jake McAulay would have a field day with the Beedrill line if he knows this.

Anyway, time to get her up to speed.

It's as if she's reached her ultimate form... hope she gets to work for it, especially after learning Cross Poison.

While Poison Tail is her only new move, Poison Touch will help make her more likely to poison her targets. She could become a force to be reckoned with. Roger, meanwhile, learned Wrap. It would've been game-breaking in Gen I, but this is Gen V.

And Eva Marie learned Quick Attack. Basic, but guaranteed to strike first if you're fast enough.

After that, we were ready to take on the trainers. First was Youngster Jimmy.

Chloe actually managed to make short work of Jimmy's trio of Pokemon. While it feels like we're over leveled, Bianca and Cheren soon follow after all the trainers. It's important not to let your guard down.

Next was Lass Mali and her 'cute' Pokemon.

Chloe managed to dispatch these three Pokemon without any issues.

But I strangely feel sorry for Caterpie, mainly due to unwittingly creating Jake McAulay's fantasy. Even if she is a Caterpie, she deserved better than being fed to Chloe.

And then came Youngster Roland, who lived up to the Lillipup boast with his first Pokemon... who got bested by Eva Marie.

She also managed to dispatch Kricketot and Bidoof, while she made me feel a little better by taking out Weedle.

And I found an Everstone (which is probably only useful if there's a Pokemon you don't want to evolve, hello, trainer who traded me that Haunter!) and an Oval Stone. All I need is to find a Happiny in the daytime, and I could get a Blissey in no time!

Oh, right. The mandatory rival battle...

Her first Pokemon is a Meowth? Okay then... aside from that curveball, the Meowth proved to be a pain both with Fake Out and a crit hit on Roger.

Even after healing Roger, Meowth came very close to taking him down. Franklin, look out.

Next was Oshawott's Round 2 match. Of course, I didn't want to risk losing my starter too early, as it would involve the whole squad gone. So I gave him a Potion, and...

...the Oshawott laughed at me by critting Roger. Healing Roger (again), he ended up getting Oshawott on the ropes, with Bianca lampshading her situation.

So Bianca brought out a Potion for her own starter. It went as well as you'd expect against a starter stronger against Bianca's.

She was close in bringing down the whole squad, though.

In Volt White, you might not be able to trust yourself in having an easy battle. Not even against Bianca.

Finally, we made it to Striaton City, and we end up obtaining some Dive Balls from the shady man. Don't read too much into that, but we actually got a good amount of balls, like ten of them! And they'll come in handy in water.

The guy in front of the Gym suggests that the Leader could be in the Trainer's School, presumably boning up on his studies. Typically, he isn't there, though.

But we got a Full Heal for our troubles after taking part in the student's quiz, so it's not a complete loss.

Might as well get this one out of the way too, before I do anything outlandish like challenge the Gym Leader.

Cheren starts off with Starly, and it was almost over in one turn with Chloe. The Starly went down after another hit, though.

But then came Tepig, and it was at this point that I was beginning to regret battling against Cheren being on par. Mainly due to not having a Pokemon to combat against Fire yet.

However, Chloe got lucky and knocked Tepig out with one crit.

And barely winning to you means that I also still have a lot to learn.

Following that victory, Cheren gave me the HM Cut. Normally a Normal-type move, Cut has been bumped to 60 Power and is now a Grass move. Sadly, I have to wait until I get the first Gym badge before I even get to that tree. It's sad, I know.

And one of the three Leaders, Cilan, gives a grim assessment regarding not just Roger, but my whole team as well. I'm gonna have to get a Pokemon in the Dreamyard AND be prepared.

Speaking of which, after Chloe learned Focus Energy, the team entered the Dreamyard, in search of a Pokemon to aid against the Gym Leader.

Unfortunately, as you'll learn in Volt White, nothing ever comes easy.

While Roger had little problems in taking down Sentret, out came Starly. I had to switch to Eva Marie, who ended up suffering a Growl.

Starly was also dispatched, but then came Skitty, and she whipped her tail, which naturally made me worried about Eva Marie. So Chloe had to step in.

Chloe went on to finish the job against Skitty and an Azurill. I think she's sad because she knew that her team was going to lose.

And one more trainer standing in our way was Youngster Joey and his top percentage Rattata, one of the three certain things in life, besides death and taxes.

And of course, Eva Marie couldn't take another hit against Joey's Rattata. Once again, the crutch character Chloe came in to crush the cheese-consuming Rattata.

I was looking for the "You don't say" meme, but it turns out Nicolas Cage didn't say those exact words, though his expression did. So I'll make up for it with a different meme featuring Chloe.

Begrudgingly, I accepted the Panpour, but I'm not going to lie; I was tempted to say 'no' in wanting another Panpour, because if I accepted it, then it would have huge shoes to fill, especially considering that Jet partly took over the leadership role following Roger's demise in a Black Nuzlocke I recently did and made it to the end with co-Leader Lillian the Liepard. How on earth will this one be different from Jet?

Wait, this Panpour's a girl? Okay, maybe I can work with Musume.

While Musume is most likely similar to Jet when I first found him, Musume does carry more potential, with Hone Claws in her arsenal. If I can level her up, then who knows what kind of moves she'll carry during this Nuzlocke?

And here's how the team looks. It'll best to grind to Level 14 at least, so that everyone stands at least a decent chance in taking down Pokemon in the Gym.

*Another Grind Session Later*

Eva Marie notably learns Faint Attack. While a decent attacking move, Faint Attack has the guarantee to hit regardless of how evasive the opponent is or how much accuracy was lost on your Pokemon. Could definitely come in handy for Eva, considering she has Tangled Feet instead of Keen Eye.

Next was Roger. He wanted to learn Growth, but if I were to have taught him that, then it would have the negative effect on him because of Contrary. Therefore, I had to stop him from learning Growth. This is the trade-off of having Contrary.

Last was Musume. Off the bat, she already learned two good moves; Acrobatics - which deals double the damage if the Pokemon using it isn't holding an item - and Water Pulse, which can potentially confuse the target.

And this is the squad I'm going in with. Roger the Snivy, Chloe the Beedrill and Musume the Panpour. My reason in bringing Musume in was to combat against the Fire Gym Leader, which would be a given since I chose Snivy.

Which meant I had to bench Eva Marie from fighting for the time being. I ended up giving her an Everstone, to signal that she won't be needed for this Gym.

After stocking up on some Potions, I was finally ready to challenge the first Gym.

The same guy who was guarding outside gave me some Fresh Water. Who knows, it might come in handy later.

First up was Waiter Maxwell.

Notably, the trainers in this Gym have Pokemon that are Grass, Fire and Water. A fresh change-up compared to the basic Pokemon in the original BW. But Slowpoke was something I didn't quite expect at first.

Next was Growlithe. Musume would serve in Roger's place and took Growlithe down with Water Pulse.

Last was Budew. While Musume could take him down with Acrobatics, I decided to send in Chloe, not wanting to risk taking serious damage against Budew's Absorb/Mega Drain. Chloe managed to get the job done regardless.

Is that good or bad?

The second trainer, or waitress in this case, standing in our way to the Gym Leader was Tia.

This time, Chloe started off against Hoppip. I think you all know what happened next.

Next was Slugma. By the time I sent in Musume, I now realised what I was doing; I was testing each Pokemon in the squad of three. Oh, anyway, Slugma got washed away before Musume decided to take a victory nap.

Last was Marill. Roger would come back in, and he would take down Marill, although he appeared to have went to Franklin's school of hard knocks.

After that battle, I needed to heal up because Musume fell asleep against Slugma. We need her to win.

And now the team is primed and ready to take on... um, that's not the right Gym Leader.

Oh, there we go. There's more now. But Volt White appears to have presented another gimmick much earlier than expected; a rotation battle. Suddenly, the Gym Battle started to get a lot more interesting.

Thank you, captain obvious. I would've thought that I was going to face Cress.

After a minor adjustment in the lineup, I was ready to face the quite literally hot Chili.

While it feels like it was just an excuse to show off the starter Pokemon, it's nice to see the Rotational Battle make an earlier appearance than say halfway through the game.

Once Musume made the first move, Chili was subsequently put on the ropes for the rest of the match.

Musume's next starter Pokemon on her hitlist was Cyndaquil. It lasted only one turn, less than Charmander.

Next was Torchic. However, she barely managed to survive and got in a Focus Energy... which was next to useless.

Chili then moved in his star Pokemon - Pansear. However, he couldn't quite land a hit, because he hurt himself in confusion. Chili was at least smart enough to give his Pokemon an Oran Berry.

Chili moved to Tepig, thinking that he could turn the tide. Too bad he was swept away by a Water Pulse.

Pansear returned to the fight to buy some time for the remaining Fire starters. If he was fast enough, Pansear could've been a threat.

The penultimate Pokemon is Chimchar. He actually manages to lay some damage against Musume with Fake Out, before ultimately falling to his fate.

Finally was Torchic, and Chili is trying to go out swinging. Who knows, maybe that Torchic might pull off an unlikely upset. You'll never know with Torchic!

Wow. That was such a close battle. It was so close, Chili is on the verge of collapsing. Well, the last part is true.

One badge down, seven to go.

Following this, we got the TM Work Up. Basically works like Growth, and can come in handy with every Pokemon, except Roger.

Well, that pretty much wraps up this Chapter, with one badge and no casualties so far. This calls for some celebratory music.

Tune in next Tuesday to see how we'll fare against Team Plasma for the first time. Who will join the team? Who will evolve? Who will survive?

Surviving Party Members: Roger, Eva Marie, Chloe the Beedrill, Musume the Panpour
Tune in next Tuesday to see how we'll fare against Team Plasma for the first time.

Last edited:

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Those buffs to Beedrill are cool! The one bad thing about Poison Touch, though, is that it inflicts regular poison. With so many chances to poison on Chloe, this squad might not be able to effectively use any other status ailments.

It's good to see Panpour clearing a gym with no problem, though! I think the elemental monkeys are hated on too much.

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Surprising that you took a Liepard AND Monkey to the end of Black. Those things are absolute goobers until they evolve, and even then they aren't particularly stellar.

Chloe looking pretty scary off the bat, Cross Poison and Poison Touch is the absolute dream for status spreading. Fits nicely with your current team being more stat reducers / straight up attackers. Typing is reasonable enough I suppose, down the line I think the ice weakness could be rough but squad 2 could end up being much better there. For now, she's an absolutely amazing generalist and nice fighting type counter. Not bad for the team at all.

Nice move learns and nice monkey sweep. Shaping up pretty well.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I have an announcement to make. Imgur hasn't been working favourably for me right now as I was attempting to upload shots of the third chapter. It keeps coming back with SERVER ERROR most of the times I try to upload screenshots. Therefore, I will try my best to get the Chapter ready tomorrow. If that fails, then I'll have to wait until the weekend to fit the Chapter in my schedule.

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Surprising that you took a Liepard AND Monkey to the end of Black. Those things are absolute goobers until they evolve, and even then they aren't particularly stellar.
It sounds Farfetch'd, I know, but they made it against all odds, especially after Roger fell against a Schoolboy's Herdier of all things. Jet and Lillian managed to keep me going and make it to the end. They deserved that happy ending, especially their babies.
Those buffs to Beedrill are cool! The one bad thing about Poison Touch, though, is that it inflicts regular poison. With so many chances to poison on Chloe, this squad might not be able to effectively use any other status ailments.
Chloe looking pretty scary off the bat, Cross Poison and Poison Touch is the absolute dream for status spreading. Fits nicely with your current team being more stat reducers / straight up attackers. Typing is reasonable enough I suppose, down the line I think the ice weakness could be rough but squad 2 could end up being much better there. For now, she's an absolutely amazing generalist and nice fighting type counter. Not bad for the team at all.
Chloe is becoming more of a dangerous weapon as this Nuzlocke goes on. She'll probably be hard to take down.
It's good to see Panpour clearing a gym with no problem, though! I think the elemental monkeys are hated on too much.
Nice move learns and nice monkey sweep. Shaping up pretty well.
Yeah, they at least deserve a chance despite all that I've said about them. Who knows, they could make it to the very end. Musume would need to carve her own story, and so far it seems to be going well.

Picking up where we left off, Fennel comes in and ruins any momentum we've had from the first Gym badge.

And we get the TM for Hidden Power. To sum it up, Hidden Power is a lucky dip for each Pokemon; it could be super or not very effective with each Pokemon.

And now Pico has been turned into a Dream Mist Mule for Fennel. Apparently, that one tree is too much for Fennel to get through.

But before we try and get some Dream Mist, there's some loose ends that need to be tied up.

First, I decided to get Eva Marie up to speed. When she got to Level 15, she wanted to learn, in my opinion, the worst move to teach a Pokemon alongside ROAR... Whirlwind. Why all the hate surrounding those moves? Well, for starters, unlike Teleport you can't get yourself to a Pokemon centre. Also, it leaves you a free shot for your opponent and vice versa, which is especially frustrating when you try to catch Pokemon or levelling yours up. Third, it's more annoying than useful in combat. Which is why Teleport, though useless, is a better move in my opinion. There, I've said it.

Next was the tree outside Striaton. Normally, I wouldn't teach Cut to my starter Pokemon because it wouldn't make sense to make him/her a HM Specialist. But in this case, Volt White has buffed Cut slightly to being a decent stab move for Roger. So for now, he is saddled with it. I'll have to make a note on removing Cut when the time comes.

And in the secret passage, we find a Super Potion and a Great Ball. Not the greatest things to see, but they'll come in handy in healing and catching, so there's that.

Finally, we get to the Dreamyard, and cut down that tree that always roadblocks ones progress. Now we can finally get that coveted--

REALLY?

Well it's nice to see that Bianca is embodying the classic American spirit: CAN'T SOMEONE ELSE DO IT?

It's at this point that Bianca was reminding me of that fairy in those Legend of Zelda games.

Nonetheless, Bianca and I find the Munna, who appears to be shy...

Oh.

Team Plasma: Fighting to free Pokemon by bullying them for their own gain. Clearly a worthy candidate of TIME magazine's Person of the year.

I'd like to see you scrubs try.

Chloe starts off against trash masquerading as a Pokemon. She takes a bit of damage but takes out the trash.

Next was Drowzee. That's all I needed to say.

Last was Ekans. I decided to send in Musume to see how she would fare against the Ekans. Despite taking some serious damage, Musume managed to bring the snake down.

At Level 16, Chloe wanted to learn Twineedle. While it has a decent chance to poison, it always attacks twice. Considering the competition in Chloe's movepool, Twineedle misses out.

Time for Round 2.

Annoyingly, the Plasma Grunt also started off with a Poison type in Koffing, so the first thing I ended up doing was making Chloe use Focus Energy.

This Koffing proved to be a problem to an extent. It managed to hit hard and have the audacity to lower Chloe's accuracy.

Eventually, the Koffing finally falls down. Good.

Next was Grimer, and it was then when I decided to switch to Musume. Poor Roger hasn't seen any action in this Chapter, yet. Oh, and Grimer decided to make Musume's life hell with Disable.

Strangely, the Plasma Grunt decided to switch out to Cacnea, thinking that she would have Musume's number. She didn't quite count on Acrobatics, though.

Grimer returns, and Musume punishes the coward.

What, one of the elemental monkeys besting your Pokemon? Sure, that's nightmarish...

Yeah, keep shunting into Munna after you two lost badly. I'm sure nothing bad can come of that.

Since when did Ghetsis learn how to duplicate and teleport? He'd make an excellent magician!

As it turns out, the man behind the old Plasma scare is...

A MUSHARNA?!

Nothing gets past you, Einstein.

That'll do Munna... that'll do?

Oh, and Fennel got her precious Dream Mist. This side quest can't end soon enough, can it?

Not now, Bianca. I need to do a little exploring on my own.

Well... I've never been huge on Drowzees, but they do carry plenty of potential to say the least.

I hope she doesn't figure out what others are thinking and then blurt them out suddenly.

I ended up naming her Elektra, because... I forget why. Sorry. Anyway, Elektra is basically carrying the same move set and ability, but Insomnia does guarantee that she'll never be hypnotised or forced to fall asleep. That's at least a plus.

What is with this hack handing out TMs as if they were candy?

With Elektra in the lineup, chances for two squads of three are slowly beginning to become realised.

Finally, we get to see something different than that pink void.

We also get a Pal Pad from Fennel's sister/aide.

Uh huh, yeah, great. Where do I catch friends?

With all the derailments Fennel made out of the way, now it's time to get Elektra up to speed.

Seriously? Lick at Level 16? Forget it. I'm sure nothing bad can happen from that.

Meanwhile, Elektra learns Zen Headbutt; a move that deals a lot of damage and has the potential to flinch, though at a small cost of accuracy.

And Roger learns Leaf Tornado. Another imperfect attacking move, though it does have the chance to lower someone's accuracy. Also, a stab move to take advantage of.

And now the team is ready for what lies ahead on Route 3. If you're wondering why the day's going faster in this Chapter, that's a good question; the emulator I'm running this on, DesMuMe, doesn't know how to speed the gameplay up - it always cuts to a white screen.

First, I decided to make a stop at the Daycare Centre. Why? Because it can give some XP for my Pokemon. Tell me you wouldn't do the same.

First in the Nursery Aide's team was Togepi, and I'm convinced that the creator was deliberately swinging things in the Togepi's favour with Metronome.

After healing Roger's paralysis, he finally takes down that Togepi.

Fortunately, the rest of the battle with the Nursery Aide was less problematic, besides Natu.

Who would've thought Togepi would've brought the most problems for Roger?

Finally, Roger evolves into a Servine. Apparently he's getting closer to his Dragon phase, with Twister, which has received a slight buff in power.

And apparently, this Daycare Centre now doubles as a Pokemon Centre. Who knew?

It's nice to see how children have the energy of a future champion.

I wish I could say the same about his Pokemon.

And who knew that Wendy's humble beginnings were from this school in Unova? I hope she's a well-behaved kid in the future.

I'm sorry, is this the Water type Daycare now?

As a plus, Eva Marie learned U-Turn. A questionably-typed move, U-Turn guarantees you one strike before switching out your Pokemon. Could come in handy.

Like so.

Musume takes a light hit after being switched in, but gets the job done.

Looks like she's trying to roast me.

After surviving that insane move, it was time to face Tully.

Musume manages to take down Mudkip, and then celebrated by taking a nap. She sure likes doing that, doesn't she? I know Mudkip used Yawn.

Then came Shellos. After waking her up with an Awakening, Musume managed to bring down Shellos. I still find it weird that this species carries two different forms instead of one.

You can't tell how much I hate Disable. It screws up your gameplan, especially if you only have one attack move. Whatever, Musume got rid of Psyduck.

Apparently, the kid thinks he screwed up.

Next was a double battle, and it was time for Chloe and Elektra to start up on their own.

Well, it seems like the new squad is working reasonably well.

As we don't quite have six members (yet), Musume will be filling in as the third member for Chloe's team.

But as soon as we get our sixth member, the squads will finally be--

Ohhhhhhh, damnit!

Let's see if Cheren can take me against my squad of three.

Elektra may have been the slower of the two, but she managed to take down Staravia with a crit Zen Headbutt.

Next was Roggenrola, and Elektra ended up triggering the first of Cheren's dialogue.

Elektra would have some accuracy trouble, but she wouldn't miss her target.

Normally, I would avoid Poison Gas due to its poor accuracy, which was about on par with Hypnosis and Supersonic. But at 80 Accuracy, it feels more enticing to keep for the time being.

Next was Pansage. This time, Chloe came in and decimated Pansage.

Last was his prized Tepig. I decided to switch in Musume to have the edge on Tepig.

Despite the match being prolonged because of the feared Sitrus Berry, Musume managed to overcome the life-threatening Tepig.

Technically, we are. Strategy is the key to win.

Well, I'm doing a Squadlocke for a reason, so...

You tell me.

Oh no. It's one thing to try and steal Pokemon from trainers, and another to shove a poor Pokemon for their bodily functions, but when they steal a Pokemon from a little kid, that crosses the line for me!

And now it's up to two Pokemon trainers of youthful age to bring down the quote unquote 'Knights of the Round Table'.

And finally, we get to our encounter. A Shinx. Notably, she carries Intimidate, can hold her own, and did I mention that she's Female? I just needed to remind you all that she is.

After a change in squad member, the Shinx joined the team.

Kay seems like a shocking new member for the team. And speaking of which...

Finally, I have two squads of three to report; Roger, Eva Marie and Musume on Team Roger, and Chloe, Elektra and new recruit Kay on Team Chloe. After healing Musume (in the event she needed to be called up), I manfully joined Cheren to enter the hideout, where the Knights of the Roundtable were hiding.

Yeah, tell me about it. They bullied a Munna.

Over my dead Beautifly!

Once, again, Plasma would force me into these battles. Even though half my team is walking wounded, I'm ready for them!

Eva Marie started off against the Gulpin. Despite losing almost half her health, she brought down the green blob.

Next was Numel, and Eva Marie was getting closer to death's door. However, she managed to bring the Numel down.

And last was Houndour. I decided now was the time to bring Musume out, so that she can do the right thing and give him a nice dose of water. Unfortunately, he had too much.

Get used to it.

And sure enough, Eva Marie evolved and learned Acrobatics. It gives me an excuse to bust out this.

With the grunts defeated, finally we can close this Chapter and move on with our lives...

Oh, come on. Can you just give up and return the damn Pokemon?

Fine. If those grunts want to be beaten that badly again, then they asked for it!

But I had to heal poor Eva up first. Forcing her to fight below half her health is unthinkable with a Voltorb.

Annoyingly, Voltorb refused to let her breathe. Must've been a die-hard hater of Eva Marie in the other life...

Next came Poochyena. Whenever I see him, I always seem to be reminded of poor Slink from Pokemaggia. Wow has he endured a whole lot in such short time. Anyway, I enacted the Retreat Plan with Eva Marie, since she'd probably have been killed by Voltorb if I didn't.

Roger would jump in place of Eva Marie, while Tentacool would come out next for Plasma. The jellyfish didn't even last very long.

And finally the Voltorb has been tumbled. This Voltorb has made me officially hate the Voltorb line because of all the chaos it caused, and having the audacity to nearly take down one of Cheren's teammates.

Carvanha was out next, but got swept away by Roger's Leaf Tornado.

Last was Pawniard. At this point, something was going to give...

Cheren's Staravia was the first to fall in his party.

Even though Roggenrola would come out, Pawniard still proved to be a pain to deal with for Roger.

I decided to bring Eva Marie back for... reasons. Fortunately, I didn't deliberately shoot myself in the foot, because Pawniard was taken down.

Can we please have the Pokemon back now? I'm done battling you all today!

Cheren has pretty much convinced me that Team Plasma's way of 'liberating' Pokemon is feckless. Yoshi committing tax fraud is more plausible than their way of thinking!

After Cheren would go on to do the noble deed, I wanted to take care of a few things here. 1) Switch in Musume, since she technically had the most health.

2) Our encounter. 3) Catch said encounter, regardless if you want him or not.

4) Post bio about encounter. 5) Name the encounter. No, it has nothing to do with Uncle Fidget, even though I've been playing with him recently on Tuesdays.

And 6) Retrieve the TM that's hiding the long way. Geez, we were spoiled this Chapter...

Say what you will about Bianca and her Pokemon, but she is a supportive bean to an extent. It would've been nice if there was a Team Battle with her involved.

A Fishing Rod?! Was Drayano on drugs when he made this hack? I mean, the difficulty is one thing, but why all those items early on?

That's good and all... but why this early? Unless if the actual game gifted you this Fishing Rod at this moment... but still, WHAT?!

Make sure you get the girl home safe, Bianca.

Oh, how I missed healing you all there...

Let's see who we get with our brand new gift.

A Staryu? Well... if it was the first Water Pokemon we encountered, I would've been more than happy to include the Staryu in the team. However, it feels like I'm beginning to grow on Musume. Much faster than I did with Jet, no less...

Well, it's an interesting tidbit about Staryu needing the jewel to regenerate. Naturally, I called it Crimson, because the colour red came to my mind at the time.

Kay certainly has a great deal of potential, with a strong physical attack and Intimidate. Apparently, Kay can become a Dark type as well once she evolves.

Fidget doesn't have the best ability, nor the best physical defense, but he seems like a good teammate to consider down the road. Main downside would be his evolution, as he only evolves by happiness.

Crimson would certainly the most promising of the three catches, as the Staryu carries great speed and Natural Cure. However, Musume stands in the star's way, so Crimson may have to wait for a little while.
Well, that pretty much wraps up the third Chapter. And here's how the team looks...

As mentioned before, Roger leads Eva Marie and Musume, while Chloe leads Elektra and Kay. Now the hardest part is trying to keep them together for the road ahead. But things have been feeling golden since Day 1, so I'm still feeling optimistic about this, at least for now. Let's close out with some music.

Surviving Party Members: Roger the Servine, Eva Marie the Pidgeotto, Musume (Team Roger), Chloe, Elektra the Drowzee, Kay the Shinx (Team Chloe)

Members in Waiting: Fidget the Woobat, Crimson the Staryu

Join us next as we make our way to Nacrene City, where N gets to have a rematch, this time bringing out a stronger team of Pokemon. Will the team manage to escape unscathed? And will they be ready for what lies ahead?
Finally. After a day of imgur issues, and another involving internet issues, this Chapter is up and running. Stay tuned for Chapter 4, where the team heads to Nacrene City. As N gets to have a rematch, will the team manage to escape unscathed? And will they be ready for what lies ahead?

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
I wonder what kind of Pokemon get a decent grass move now, with this edited Cut, that would not normally get grass type moves. :0

Bianca might be a classic American spirit 🇺🇸, but isn't Fennel, calling on the unpaid labor of the youth, the American hero? :bigmoney:

Drowzee makes so much sense as an encounter in the Dreamyard. :0

when the dream mist hits

Ooh, does Serperior become a grass/dragon type in this hack? Brycen is excited by this. ...Too bad Brycen is still a late-game ice type Gym Leader. Hopefully, this hack will give him more than pure ice types to work with, though!

No, Lance! You've got the wrong store!

Luckily, we can civil and just Intimidate Plasma into giving back the little girl's Pokemon.

much scary much wow

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Shinx time

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Man Dray's just drowning you in decent TM coverage huh lol
Elektra actually has a really nice attack IV, which is convenient for picking up Zen Headbutt so quickly. Nice to pick up a really strong move early, even if it does have a few accuracy problems.
Crimson also seems to have a top tier HP IV, which is really nice to see. Shame about the nature though, but still an excellent backup if Musume falls (though it's admittedly a majorly redundant mon due to evolving in the same way, half same typing, probably same STAB too lol). There is some serious incentive for dust cloud grinding at this point tbh.
The surprise double battle was pretty cool, seemed REALLY dangerous for Roger though. If the AI hadn't derped would he have gotten killed by Pawniard's attack?

It's really nice that they gave you the fishing rod now because normally it's postgame in B/W, even if the timing was weird.

The squad shuffles look really good. Grass + Normal / Flying + Water is basically a discount Fire / Water / Grass core, I feel like your first squad is looking excellent right now. Amusingly enough I feel like Roger is the weak link already though, lol.
Second squad being Bug / Poison + Psychic + Electric (soon to be dark? I forget if Luxio has the typing or only Luxray) is also going to be solid because again, it's pretty much a Fighting / Dark / Psychic core, with Chloe basically performing the same role as something like Timburr would do but with worse utility and earlygame matchups. If Chloe had something to rip through normal types she'd be way better. Not to say she isn't powerful, though.

Getting close to the first BS fight, curious how you'll do!

Last edited:

bumblebee

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
I've heard so much about the Blaze Black/Volt White hacks, but I've never actually played them before. These buffs are so cool! It's insane to see a Beedrill learn Cross Poison (because it not learning it makes sense /j). I've always had a soft spot for the little bee and it looks like she's become a huge asset to this team! Good luck!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
On second thought, let's not go to Camalot, 'tis a silly place

THKS

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I wonder what kind of Pokemon get a decent grass move now, with this edited Cut, that would not normally get grass type moves. :0
Yeah, it's a huge mystery. Must be Musume, since the monkey line can learn Cut.

Bianca might be a classic American spirit 🇺🇸, but isn't Fennel, calling on the unpaid labor of the youth, the American hero? :bigmoney:
What kind of hero do you call Fennel?

Ooh, does Serperior become a grass/dragon type in this hack? Brycen is excited by this. ...Too bad Brycen is still a late-game ice type Gym Leader. Hopefully, this hack will give him more than pure ice types to work with, though!
This is Volt White. You can bet your bottom poke dollar he'll have them.

much scary much wow

Man Dray's just drowning you in decent TM coverage huh lol
Believe it or not, it gets worse from here.

Elektra actually has a really nice attack IV, which is convenient for picking up Zen Headbutt so quickly. Nice to pick up a really strong move early, even if it does have a few accuracy problems.
Crimson also seems to have a top tier HP IV, which is really nice to see. Shame about the nature though, but still an excellent backup if Musume falls (though it's admittedly a majorly redundant mon due to evolving in the same way, half same typing, probably same STAB too lol). There is some serious incentive for dust cloud grinding at this point tbh.
Yeah, both Elektra and Crimson have potential. The one question to ask, though, is 'Will they be around for long enough?'

The surprise double battle was pretty cool, seemed REALLY dangerous for Roger though. If the AI hadn't derped would he have gotten killed by Pawniard's attack?
Yeah, it was very close. Had I lost Roger there, then my team would've lost a huge chunk of power. While Fidget and Crimson would've stepped in, it wouldn't have felt the same, and I would've felt like I lost that day.

It's really nice that they gave you the fishing rod now because normally it's postgame in B/W, even if the timing was weird.
I think we can agree that Drayano was at least thinking about the player and not the journey to get the rod.

The squad shuffles look really good. Grass + Normal / Flying + Water is basically a discount Fire / Water / Grass core, I feel like your first squad is looking excellent right now. Amusingly enough I feel like Roger is the weak link already though, lol.
Second squad being Bug / Poison + Psychic + Electric (soon to be dark? I forget if Luxio has the typing or only Luxray) is also going to be solid because again, it's pretty much a Fighting / Dark / Psychic core, with Chloe basically performing the same role as something like Timburr would do but with worse utility and earlygame matchups. If Chloe had something to rip through normal types she'd be way better. Not to say she isn't powerful, though.
Oh you'll say that now, but never count the official starter out. Chloe, meanwhile, does have her flaws, but it's nice to see her given weapons to work with.

Getting close to the first BS fight, curious how you'll do!
I have the feeling that it's going to be tough as hell.

I've heard so much about the Blaze Black/Volt White hacks, but I've never actually played them before. These buffs are so cool! It's insane to see a Beedrill learn Cross Poison (because it not learning it makes sense /j). I've always had a soft spot for the little bee and it looks like she's become a huge asset to this team! Good luck!
Thank you. I'll do my best to do Chloe justice. And if you have the time, give the hacks a go. They're challenging, but seemingly worthwhile to play.

Anticipating that it's going to be a long and potentially deadly road ahead, I decided to stock up on healing items...

...before planning to get Kay up to speed. You know what that means at this point.

Kay died. Sadly, I don't have a screenshot to document that. It's times like this when I realise...

...that I am terrible at lying. Of course Kay evolved and learned a new move.

Another thing to note is Kay's new typing, Electric/Dark. While a cool combination in theory, it leaves her a liability against Bug and Fighting types and Pokemon that know Bug and Fighting moves. This better not be an omen.

And now the team is primed and ready to continue on their quest.

But first, we need to tie up one loose end.

Good experience fodder for Chloe.

After that, the lady named after a city in South Australia gives me an Oran Berry, before we find a Repel. Maybe it might come in handy in wanting a Pokemon deeper in the cave.

And now was the time to make our way to Nacrene City.

Elektra had no problems against Blitzle, but the Mareep managed to paralyse my Drowzee before finally going down.

So when Flaaffy came out, I thought it was time to send out the recently-evolved Kay.

Predictably, history repeats. But both got the job done. Following that, I decided to heal the wounded duo, mainly because I didn't want to take chances in Volt White.

You're not going to challenge me again, are you?

Oh, you're just telling me to watch out for taller grass. Right. I don't know why I keep forgetting this part of Gen V...

Next was a School Kid with an apparent University-level difficulty compared to the original version.

Phanpy and Whismur didn't even stand a chance against Kay.

Kay also learned perhaps the best early move she could've known; Night Slash. A move that works in her favour due to her typing, and has a chance to crit.

Next was Teddiursa, Chloe was called in, and started off well by poisoning the bear. Unfortunately, for the third time, my Pokemon got paralysed, by Lick of all things.

Fortunately, Chloe didn't have to suffer for long for the bear to tumble over.

Last was Swoobat, a Pokemon I caught last Chapter. I called Kay back in (keep in mind, I'm only allowed to switch in the selected squad), which plays well against Woobat, and managed to get the job done.

Next was another School Kid. I've already said things about the difficulty being significant, so let's move on.

Because of switching the squads, Musume was brought in. And already, she's hitting harder than a truck does in an anime.

Geez, Musume, slow down. I know they're Grass types, but still!

And Musume wanted to learn... Tickle? Normally, I wouldn't teach Pokemon that move, but considering that Roger has Contrary... it might work favourably if needed.

Why am I getting Full English vibes from this kid?

Roger started off against the Shinx, and managed to take him down with ease.

With Nuzleaf out, me switching to Eva Marie is happening for a reason.

Then came Luxio. Fortunately, Eva Marie was able to bring down Luxio with a strong U-Turn, which meant she went back.

Last was Lombre, who proved to be a minor issue at first with Fake Out, but our starter managed to pull it together.

I hope this Edgar has a better life and family. Seriously, Edgar is a butt monkey in Full English where he is somewhat cowardly, his wife occasionally having her own moments, his eldest son potentially being a magnificent bastard if given the chance, his youngest son not knowing any better, his daughter a vulgar and mischievous teen, his father-in-law always trying to cut him loose at work where he's the boss, and the latter's imaginary friend... being a giant green blob that feeds on bad things. How do I know so much about this show, I hear you ask? I watched all five of the aired episodes recently.

Where were we, again?

Oh, right, Nacrene City. We finally made it!

I don't need another tour about the Centre, but thanks.

Wait, what? You mean, I get more than one Sun Stone? Drayano is a hell of a drug...

*chuckles*

Yeah, I know that. You could get either a Cottonee or a Petilil in the Pinwheel Forest. Wonder if I'll ever come across them.

I'll try to keep that in mind.

Finally having the chance to heal the party, I switched the squad up again. Chloe's team looks good, so I decided to see if they could hang against N.

And speaking of the devil...

If you're wondering about the truths of Pokemon inside their Pokeballs, there's at least a handful of videos questioning that theory. Like this one below.

I clicked 'YES' just to humour him. I hope this doesn't backfire on me.

N continues to bring a new set of Pokemon to an extent, one of which being a Bronzor. Chloe and Kay were called in, and it already seems like we're on the back foot for two reasons; the typings and the level disadvantage. Do I need to get the blindfold out already?

Well, for now, it doesn't seem like it. Despite some hits, Chloe and Kay collaborate to take down Drilbur.

Next was Vulpix. Knowing that Chloe would probably be torched by Vulpix, I sent in Elektra, who took the brunt of the hit, while Kay got some blow-back.

Finally, the Vulpix goes down following Kay's Night Slash. Elektra gives me some respite by making Bronzor flinch.

But then Zorua came out. No matter what I did here, it is evident that I'm going to lose a Pokemon no matter what in N's Vengeance Battle. So reluctantly, I chose to save Kay. I'm damned if I do, and I'm damned if I don't.

I'm so sorry, Elektra... I Should've Said 'NO'!

Now, I have been a little lenient in the rules section about how the Squadlocke mechanics will work in my Nuzlocke, but I decided to send in Chloe because it made sense to bring her back in. She needed to avenge Elektra.

Chloe managed to do so by biting into said Zorua. I called this Chapter 'Zorua the Terrible' for a reason. He deserves a terrible way to go out.

And with no friends to turn to, the Bronzor gets knocked out, alone.

Wow. Is it wrong for me to say that Chloe is becoming too Buffed?

Yeah, it currently sums up this Nuzlocke. It's still to be determined.

If you're idea of saving Pokemon is killing them like you done so with Elektra, then I want out of your edgy Michael Jackson Death Note magnum opus now!

Good. He's leaving. Now can I please put Elektra to rest?

Elektra... I'm so sorry. I was hoping that you would've been one of the few who would've lasted in this Nuzlocke. I was beginning to warm to you. If my team makes it to the end... we'll get that consonant bastard!

So I decided to call in Fidget. While Staryu seems like the better choice of the two, I don't have a Water Stone, and Musume stands in its way.

And of course, it was time to get Fidget up to speed.

*Another Grind Session Later*

As Fidget was levelling up, he wanted to learn Imprison. To sum it up, it prevents your opponent using moves that you know. Feeling that it'll rarely come in handy, I decided against Imprison.

Musume, meanwhile, learned Scald. Deals plenty of damage, can burn targets, and a move that favours Musume. Everything seems to be coming up Musume.

Eva Marie toughened her skin with Steel Wing, a reasonably powerful move that, while a little short on accuracy, can raise Defense.

And last was Roger, who learned Leech Seed. Again, not guaranteed to hit, but can prove to be problematic long term for the opponent.

And here's the team at Level 20. Normally, this is where I would fight the Gym Leader, but I have a strong feeling that Lenora is going to be a complete pain, and I'm not just referring to her attitude problems in recent Black/White Nuzlockes documented on this site, but her Normal Pokemon are going to be hitting hard every time they have the chance to Retaliate. I want to be ready for whatever crap Lenora throws at me.

So the following morning, I decided to head to Pinwheel Forest for experience and the first of hopefully two encounters.

While it's nice to continue getting TMs as if they were candy, I'm not very excited for Rock Smash. To me it was a HM that felt like a pointless nuisance and an excuse for rocks to be broken. This gen is no different. I will fight for Flash, but certainly not for Rock Smash.

Before we can get our encounter, we have to first face the nurse.

Well, didn't that feel climactic?

Tip: If you want to level up faster, beat up some Audinos.

Will do. And thanks for healing up Roger.

A Slakoth without Truant? I want to say 'now I've seen everything', but I know this hack has more surprises up its non-existant sleeves.

I think I'm obliged to play this clip.

Too bad it wasn't Female, because I had the perfect name for it. I guess I'll go with Fredo. He broke someone's heart... he broke someone's heart!

While Fredo doesn't have Truant, he instead has Slow Start, which lowers attack and speed for five turns, probably less than an average Pokemon battle. He may be problematic to train at first.

Now to train up my Pokemon. Hope they fare well.

Eva Marie managed to knock over all three elemental monkeys with relative ease.

Someone already referenced The Simpsons in another Volt White run, so I'll just show a clip of young Homer.

First was Roggenrola. Because of Sturdy, Musume was denied a one hit KO.

And annoyingly, Aron also had the same ability. Fortunately, the burn finished him off.

You're gonna make me hate doing this Nuzlocke, aren't you, Drayano?

It's nice to see Jerkass Homer's humble beginnings, I guess...

Great. This hack is beginning to make me feel sick of being given TMs for free.

Next was a Youngster who's clearly raring to go.

Too bad his Spinarak wasn't.

When Charmander came out, Kay was switched in, and hit extremely hard against him. I better not have predicted that future episode of Starter Squad.

Last was Doduo. Kay appears to love her bird meat.

I had to be prepared with what could lie ahead at the top, so I healed Kay, in case.

Then was another Youngster, hyping up his special Pokemon.

What's so special about a Burmy?

Next was a Torchic with Speed Boost. Okay, now we're talking. Too bad he didn't last too long.

Well, how fitting is it for Zachary to bookend this fight with Pokemon that aren't special. A Burmy and a Ledyba.

And here are the last two trainers, waiting on top of the challenge rock.

First was Kentaro, who is seemingly overzealous with his training that his Pokemon are upstaging him.

Machop was the first casualty against Fidget.

Then came Meditite. Detect annoying prolonged his demise to Fidget.

Fidget also learned Air Cutter, a move that isn't quite guaranteed to hit, but has a good chance to crit. And it also works in Fidget's favour.

Then was Sawk, who dealt a little bit of trouble with Fidget.

And with Riolu being the last mon left, Kentaro's relatively cool Fighting types were all bested by a smol puffball with wings.

And here's Battle Girl Lee, who apparently trains by punching rocks with her fist. Just like in Star Wars.

First was Timburr, who left Chloe too close to comfort.

Then came Croagunk, a Pokemon I didn't want to see in Lee's lineup. So I chose to waste a turn in healing Fidget before sending him back out.

Of course, Croagunk opted to make my life a living hell by hurting Fidget. Good thing that frog's weakness was Psychic.

Then came Throh, and Fidget had surprisingly no issues against him.

And with Tyrogue done and dusted, Lee appears to be determined to ruin her hands even more with the challenge rock later.

Oh, and we found a Net Ball. A good ball to consider if you want to catch Bug or Water types.

Finally back at the Pokemon Centre, the team rested up for the night, knowing what lies ahead. Next time you see the team, they will be prepared to face Lenora. Lives will most likely be lost.

But to honour the fallen, some Sarabande.

Rest in Peace

Elektra the Drowzee (Dreamyard, Level 10 - Level 18) - I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I should've said 'NO'. I'm so sorry that it had to end like this, Elektra. Hopefully your death won't be in vain.

Surviving Party Members: Roger, Eva Marie, Musume (Team Roger), Chloe, Kay the Luxio, Fidget the Woobat (Team Chloe)

Members in Waiting: Crimson, Fredo the Slakoth

Death Count: 1 (Elektra the Drowzee)
Next Chapter, we'll be facing Lenora. Brace yourselves. Things could get ugly.

bumblebee

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
Oh man...I was so excited to see more of Elektra! N seems a lot more ruthless in this game and I'm curious as to what else he'll have in the coming updates (RIP Elektra tho). Good luck with Lenora, I can't even imagine what she has up her sleeve in this hack.

(And I am so glad that Chloe continues to be the MVP of this team 👏🏻)

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
RIP, also ayy starter squad

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Unfortunate loss but as far as they go, not a terrible one honestly. I think you made the right call healing Kay, and as sad as it is to say I feel like Elektra kind of was the most expendable 'mon on your team.

All I can say is you're up for a fun, fun fight now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)