• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Ten of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This is our final episode for the regular season. As such, this rotation of storylockes is wrapping up. We‚Äôll hear from our authors about these! In October, our final episode will air, covering off Gracidea. Lastly, among all these big changes, Rainey and the team dig into worldbuilding!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Mon Undertow - A Moon Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates on Fridays

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
ūüéáContributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Oh! I find it really interesting that Kai has certain pokemon he can't talk to! Wonder if that will be explained later on ūüĎÄ

slinkyarts

Kanto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 29, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
its okay kai we all have those pokemon that just cant speak, happens to at LEAST 1 in 5 trainers who can talk to pokemon. completely natural.

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Ooo interesting, apparently Kai's ability doesn't work with all Pokemon! Very interesting ūüĎÄ
Really loving Lillie's and Kai's dynamic, it's nice to see at least one person vouching that he isn't a complete bad guy!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Well, Cosmog does come from another dimension, so it makes sense that Nebby's language would be starkly different than that of native Pokemon.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Well to be fair, Nebby IS an alien, so being unable to talk to them isn't out of the ordinary

Garnet

Officially ADHD
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
This has been on my "Check this run out" list since I saw the banner and lemme say now that I've finally gotten around to it: I'm loving the whole evil team protagonist thing? Reminds me of how Wes in Colosseum was a member of Team Snagem at the start of the game :0 And I'm a fan of the way Fox just sort of is only in it to get a chance at being chosen by a different trainer and isn't really in it for his current one, what with being stolen and all. I'd imagine Silver's Pokémon in the Johto games would feel pretty similarly, haha! (Additionally, that tail slap? Gooooood shit lmao. Go off Fox)

Looking forward to seeing how this goes! :0

Pew

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Oh, Kai can't speak to his Wimpod too?
I thougth he can;t speak to Nebby because it is speaking alien language lol

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
The mystery of Kai's ability to speak to Pokemon deepens... But can we talk about Lillie inviting our boy to the festival??? She's a good girl!!!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath‚ĄĘ
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
fox is so cute!! i can't get over him hanging out on kai's head and shoulders <3

Inksword

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 9, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
The concept that Nebby is just also saying "pew pew" in pokemon speak like a child overly enthusiastic about space and lasers is delightful lol

Kadew

*bird sounds*
ūüĆĪFeaturer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
‚ôÄ
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
In Nebby-speak, "pew" translates to "pew" in english, but I can see how Kai is confused. Oh man, I love Lillie's overwhelming faith in Kai, but going to the festival is gonna be a heck of a thing with his (not entirely undeserved) reputation. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Riboo's musings

Another week gone by, things are getting a bit on the crazy side again. This year has been a real roller coaster for everyone I imagine, but at the very least, we're all on this crazy ride together. Did some fixing up to this page in terms of coloring errors here and there, adjusting small things. I normally don't redraw anything for previous pages, otherwise I'd be at this forever XD

Forums side of things: Nice to see the acknowledgement in the Nuzlocke newsletter, def wasn't expecting my feature for my friend to be in there, but I'm glad to see it, her Nuzlocke comic def deserves a look at

(Its over here by the by, wink wink, nudge nudge: Sundowner )

Hope you guys have a great weekend! Enjoy!

Undertow Mirrors

Deviantart
Tumblr
Twitter

Oh! I find it really interesting that Kai has certain pokemon he can't talk to! Wonder if that will be explained later on ūüĎÄ
*Wiggles brows at* Maybe~

its okay kai we all have those pokemon that just cant speak, happens to at LEAST 1 in 5 trainers who can talk to pokemon. completely natural.
I'm sure there's a pill for that, comes straight from Viridian Forest, extracted from the ~* Natural organic GMO free glutton free*~ flora there :P

Ooo interesting, apparently Kai's ability doesn't work with all Pokemon! Very interesting ūüĎÄ
Really loving Lillie's and Kai's dynamic, it's nice to see at least one person vouching that he isn't a complete bad guy!
Much to Kai's chagrin, cause he totally is tough and stuff! FOR REAL!

Well, Cosmog does come from another dimension, so it makes sense that Nebby's language would be starkly different than that of native Pokemon.
Or Nebby is secretly a pewdile

Well to be fair, Nebby IS an alien, so being unable to talk to them isn't out of the ordinary
Nebby is truly best alien considering all the crazy pokedex entries of all the other UBs, HOLY CRUD

This has been on my "Check this run out" list since I saw the banner and lemme say now that I've finally gotten around to it: I'm loving the whole evil team protagonist thing? Reminds me of how Wes in Colosseum was a member of Team Snagem at the start of the game :0 And I'm a fan of the way Fox just sort of is only in it to get a chance at being chosen by a different trainer and isn't really in it for his current one, what with being stolen and all. I'd imagine Silver's Pokémon in the Johto games would feel pretty similarly, haha! (Additionally, that tail slap? Gooooood shit lmao. Go off Fox)

Looking forward to seeing how this goes! :0

Pew
Damn, I got the warm tinglies up in here, thanks for checkin' out my work. An' yeah, I really wanted to explore a different perspective and figure out ways around the plot to make it work (as there were some challengin' spots here and there, like GUZMA for example XD;;;;) Guess Kai does kind of fill the role of: what if we did Silver and Gold but from Silver's perspective????? Which I would have loved to have seen, boy has a lot of growth in that game.

Oh, Kai can't speak to his Wimpod too?
I thougth he can;t speak to Nebby because it is speaking alien language lol
Guess there's just some 'mons Kai can't vibe with, shame v ov

The mystery of Kai's ability to speak to Pokemon deepens... But can we talk about Lillie inviting our boy to the festival??? She's a good girl!!!
She's best girl. No one can convince me otherwise. No one.... living that is >:P

fox is so cute!! i can't get over him hanging out on kai's head and shoulders <3
Just POKEMON interactions, that's it, best fuckin' thing.

The concept that Nebby is just also saying "pew pew" in pokemon speak like a child overly enthusiastic about space and lasers is delightful lol
Pf, I mean, that could literally be all its sayin' XD Maybe its jus' like, lets play laser tag! And Kai jus' ain't gettin' it XD

In Nebby-speak, "pew" translates to "pew" in english, but I can see how Kai is confused. Oh man, I love Lillie's overwhelming faith in Kai, but going to the festival is gonna be a heck of a thing with his (not entirely undeserved) reputation. Can't wait to see where this goes!
Lillie is just so trusting in people XD I always saw Nebby's nature toward people being NICE to it as a reflection of her in a way, kind of naive, kind of silly, but ultimately a good person.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
ūüéáContributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Lillie not having any of Kai's s "I'm a bad guy I swear" shenanigans and it's hilarious. I already love her and Kai's dynamic so much. Also, while I understand the instinct for it, wearing your hood up in a town full of friendly people who all know each other is actually more suspicious and brings more attention to you.

Though, I suppose being shoved onto a stage will bring you The Most attention no matter what you're wearing... :V

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Pfft, you know you're in trouble when Grandpa Hala drags you by the ear. I love the composition of the last panel, really captures the feeling of being in the spotlight and having everyones eyes on you.

Bug

ūüĎČūüėéūüĎČ
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Hahaha I appreciate like, how non-seriously anybody here seems to take Kai. They all know this punk-ass guy, and he’s actually sweet. Just kind of a harmless punk, like skull was portrayed instead of amping up the risk. It feels cozy, like one would expect from an island life where everyone knows eachother, or knows eachother through somebody else they know.

slinkyarts

Kanto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 29, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Everyone angry at Kai is wrong they just dont understand his true GLORY aight just look at his tiny little beard. Golden.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Ah, the humble hoodie, pulled down. Truly the "DON'T BE SUSPICIOUS! DON'T BE SUSPICIOUS!" of fashion~

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I wish canon Sun/Moon really leaned into no one believing that Team Skull is really the bad guy. :) Now's your time to show everyone how EVIL you are, Kai!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath‚ĄĘ
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
yeah kai definitely seems like a team skull member. "no i swear i'm a bad guy! i stole a pokemon and everything!" love it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)