• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Alola Teen Mon Undertow - A Moon Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates Bimonthly

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
she's becoming one with the grass
where she belongs

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
That is painfull relatable like I have/will do that again at some point in my life xD

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
"Hau, read the room" had me HOWLING XDXDXD

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
derkrf2-8f72e5e1-7170-4821-9051-44fe9f38f2a6.png

Riboo's Musing

I always liked ride pagers as a replacement for HMs, it really frees up the move pool of your Pokemon and doesn't force you to make crappy choices based on game mobility. Which, let's be honest, if the HMs were actually useful and powerful moves in battle, people wouldn't have minded them as much and it would have been more of a reward for anyone advancing in the game rather than a groan worthy moment when a certain darkened cave was on the horizon in Kanto.

Which TBH I just bumped around in the dark out of stubbornness and refusal to assign flash to anyone.

For Alola though, I like the idea that ride pagers are likely available to most anyone, even if they're not a trainer. Alola is much more rural and filled with natural splendors outside towns and cities, so I imagine in actuality that travel would be somewhat treacherous without a Pokemon to rely on, so I would think Ride Pagers would be a good safety net (You don't really see vehicles in a lot of Pokemon games, so it seems Pokemon is just the preferred method of transport and travel by most.)

I also think that the ride pagers pull from a curated pool of Pokemon that are likely from breeder donations, or perhaps the farm you meet Mallow on. It doesn't get explained further in comic, as its not really important to know, but I imagine that rider unlocks act as a way of assigning a Pokemon from that pool to an individual, or that there's a rotation of available Pokemon, so its unlikely that you'll call upon the same ride Pokemon every single time.

Also, I think, in order to discourage people from using their ride Pokemon in battle, that there's a fine incurred on the perpetrator, as the Pokemon are specialized for utilitarian purposes, so to endanger them through battle would hurt the Ride Pager system, which is likely similar to how police dogs are trained as well as seeing eye dogs, which I imagine can be pretty expensive. However, I would say that their are exceptions to this rule and its taken on a case by case basis, as someone, without a Pokemon, or with all their Pokemon KO'd might need to utilize a ride pager Pokemon in order to protect them or rescue them from a life or death situation through battle or other means.

Hau is me. Friends like Kai are important to making sure people like us don't get socked.

HEH, Kai offers Hau a tact button, its super effective!

Hau is just trying to prevent future face-plant tragedies

A good boy at heart LBF

she's becoming one with the grass
where she belongs

This is the true grass trial

That is painfull relatable like I have/will do that again at some point in my life xD

Same, this is a mood, though it hurts so much more when its tile instead of grass :l

"Hau, read the room" had me HOWLING XDXDXD

You could even say..... Hau-ling :B

TheLastUnicornInOz

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
I LOVE THE FLOOF

Also I like the concept behind you have the pager work, certainly makes sense as they really do just pop in outta no where

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Stoutland are floofy babies! 😍 I think your take on the Ride Pager makes a lot of sense.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Oh my god they're such BIG FLOOFY DOGS! I WANT TO HUG THEM! Ride Pokemon are definitely a cool improvement over HMs, but I was so sad you didn't get to Soar with the Charizard the way you did with Latios and Latias in Hoenn...

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
bet the kanto friend also hated that you have to press "a" to enter a doorway

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Me 🤝 Mallow's Kanto friend
Seriously freeing us from HM's ruining our movepools/hindering our team comps is one of the best quality of life improvements any game has given us.

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
deseuda-fdd17049-f359-4a9e-8402-989852811846.png

Right now my Patreon is on hiatus, new patreons will not be charged until the beginning of 2022

Commission sheet ll Patreon

ll Ko-fi ll Tapas

Riboo's Musings

Don't give two boys giant dogs if you don't want shit to get broken :P

I LOVE THE FLOOF

Also I like the concept behind you have the pager work, certainly makes sense as they really do just pop in outta no where
They really do! I like how handy that they turn out to be, sure, but there's really little pomp and circumstance behind them, just: Poof, here's a pokemon. Also with how much Pokemon goes on about Pokemon being partners, I wish they leaned into some more interactive elements with the rider Pokemon to make them feel a little less like tools within the game.

Stoutland are floofy babies! 😍 I think your take on the Ride Pager makes a lot of sense.
Thanks! After drawing them, I really wish I kept the one that Kai traded in comic/game, they're really good boofs and I enjoy drawing quads a lot.

Oh my god they're such BIG FLOOFY DOGS! I WANT TO HUG THEM! Ride Pokemon are definitely a cool improvement over HMs, but I was so sad you didn't get to Soar with the Charizard the way you did with Latios and Latias in Hoenn...
I feel like they would make really good therapy pokemon too for people with anxiety and the like, I really think they'd just be great for both helping their trainer and being a HUGE comfort. And the biggest line I see between therapy Pokemon and in game teams is mostly in a difference in approach to their training for you specifically.

bet the kanto friend also hated that you have to press "a" to enter a doorway
Kanto friend just hates having to expend energy in general, I can relate

Me 🤝 Mallow's Kanto friend
Seriously freeing us from HM's ruining our movepools/hindering our team comps is one of the best quality of life improvements any game has given us.
Yeah I wish they carried it over a bit more with gen 8, just to keep overworld exploration a little more in tact, it feels like they've slowly been eliminating that entirely over time, which kind of saddens me. Buuuut it also makes something like the Arceus game coming out really appealing to me so far.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
That last panel. Give two boys giant doggos to ride and suddenly it's a rodeo.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
how do you not notice that you're breaking through a fence why didn't you jump over it what is wrong with these guys

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Ahh, boys with dogs... of course it's delightful chaos XD

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
There's a lot of great things about this page but I just have to quote this
Don't give two boys giant dogs if you don't want shit to get broken :P
cause no truer words have ever been said.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Oh no, Kai, you're giving Hau your chaos gremlin energy. but im not that farmer so i love it

TheLastUnicornInOz

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This just makes me wish i could pet and give treats to the ride pokemon, you're right they feel like tools some times xD

Sterling-Starlight

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Addicted to carbonated beverages and chocolate. Can, and will, talk forever about her interests if she finds someone who will listen
Let this be a lesson: Never give hyperactive children (and man children who def don't have a soft spot for said hyperactive children. He has a REPUTATION) giant fluffy doggos and free reign to go wherever they want. It will result in property damage. This has been a PSA

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
det8zx3-e5cd090a-a9a2-4944-8cb0-51b25366faeb.png

Right now my Patreon is on hiatus, new patreons will not be charged until the beginning of 2022

Commission sheet ll Patreon

ll Ko-fi ll Tapas

Riboo's Musing

There he is, EDGE BOI

Also kind of tweaked Gladion's outfit a slight bit here, IDK it is with me and not liking to draw hoods without a bottom trim.

That last panel. Give two boys giant doggos to ride and suddenly it's a rodeo.

HEH, I'd probably do the same thing if I could handle the heat, it looks like a lot of fun

how do you not notice that you're breaking through a fence why didn't you jump over it what is wrong with these guys

They noticed, they just didn't give a shit :P

Ahh, boys with dogs... of course it's delightful chaos XD

Of course, always ;3

There's a lot of great things about this page but I just have to quote this

cause no truer words have ever been said.

HA, a mood, and honestly, Team Skull embracing what people might expect of them here ;3

Oh no, Kai, you're giving Hau your chaos gremlin energy. but im not that farmer so i love it

HA, Kai is a bad influence :P

This just makes me wish i could pet and give treats to the ride pokemon, you're right they feel like tools some times xD

Yeah! I'd love to pull them into one of the more interactive spaces that Pokemon sometimes has in their games, it'd be nice to give them a poffin or at least have you be able to interface with them before you hop on, like you pet them and then have the ride

Let this be a lesson: Never give hyperactive children (and man children who def don't have a soft spot for said hyperactive children. He has a REPUTATION) giant fluffy doggos and free reign to go wherever they want. It will result in property damage. This has been a PSA

Excuse you, Kai doesn't have a soft spot for no one, no big brother energy here, nope obviously doesn't give a shit *Whistles casually*

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
IDK it is with me and not liking to draw hoods without a bottom trim.
Consider this: bottom trim on hoods is very good.

yepiz

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
GLAD BOI IS HEREEEE. I wonder what kind of relationship Kai has with the edgy boy

Users who are viewing this thread