• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke is now live! In this episode we're introducing two new stories, In the Sun's Embrace and Run Away, Survivors, and having a discussion about writing antagonists!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Teen [UCL3] Running love through the entire world (Rainbow Wedlocke run)

Thread Description
Love and marriage, they go together like horse and carriage... (Currently on Heartgold.)

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
Heya everyone. Name's Captain Demozan, and welcome to my entry in the third Ultimate Communitylocke, and my first one. While I'm working on my comic for my Soul Silver randomizer nuzlocke, I might as well also try my hand at this community event to get myself more active in it. Anyhow, I chose to go with a Rainbow Wedlocke for reasons (gay). Now here are the rules:

1. I can only catch the first eligible Pokémon on each route. If I have 1, 3, or 5 Pokémon in my party, my first eligible encounter is one of the lone wolf's compatible gender. If the Pokémon doesn't swing the way of the lone wolf (See rule 6), then they'll also become a lone wolf.
    • If the encountered Pokémon is incompatible, I must move on to the next encounter.
    • Gift Pokémon are free, but must still count under the above rules. I must save before obtaining it and soft reset until it's compatible.
    • Shiny clause is in effect. If the shiny is incompatible, I must pair it with someone compatible or box it. Genderless shinies must be assigned a binary gender (Male or female).
    • Dupes clause is in effect.
    • If none of my party can use HMs, I may catch a dedicated HM slave, but one whole pair must be boxed in its place.
  2. My Pokémon die when they faint, so if they do, I must box them.
  3. Nickname all my Pokémon, I guess? I never considered this a rule (Though I do it anyway), but the official UCL ruleset uses it anyway, so sure ig.
  4. The runs are considered finished based on these criteria:
    1. Firered: Champion Gary is defeated and I become champion
    2. Heartgold: Lance is defeated and I become champion (Will probably do Red anyway on the side because I consider that the end of the game)
    3. Ruby: Steven is defeated and I become champion
    4. Platinum: Cynthia is defeated and I become champion
    5. Black 2: Iris is defeated and I become champion
    6. X: Diantha is defeated and I become champion
    7. Ultra Moon: Hau is defeated and I become champion
    8. Sword and Shield will not be played because I refuse to buy them
  5. Licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.
  6. Pokémon are teamed in pairs. When two compatible Pokémon are on a team, they start dating and can only switch between themselves. Sexual orientation is based on nature (See below). If one partner faints, the other must avenge them or die trying. If you wish to store a Pokémon, you must also store their partner. Genderless Pokémon sadly cannot be caught. Their rules, not mine.
  7. BONUS RULE: Blacking out means game over, and I must restart this leg of the challenge.
  8. BONUS RULE: Battle mode must be set.
  9. BONUS RULE: No running.
As I said, preferences are based on nature. I've determined them as such:
Likes men:
  1. Lonely
  2. Adamant
  3. Naughty
  4. Lax
  5. Rash
  6. Quiet
  7. Careful
  8. Timid
  9. Hasty
  10. Naive
Likes women:
  1. Brave
  2. Bold
  3. Impish
  4. Relaxed
  5. Modest
  6. Mild
  7. Calm
  8. Gentle
  9. Sassy
  10. Jolly
Likes both:
  1. Hardy
  2. Docile
  3. Bashful
  4. Quirky
  5. Serious
Firered: You're here right now

Heartgold: Here
Ready to go? I know I am!

Yep. I know these guys.

GO NIDORINO! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

YEAAAAAAH FUCK YOU GENGAR! WHOOOOOO!

And so, here's where it all begins.

DUDE WHAT THE FRICK HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY HOUSE!?

Okay, Oak. What are you doing here?

Great, now you're getting animal tracks all over my room.

STRANGER DANGER!!!!

Demozan, I guess.

I just said that.

What are you going on about? I've never heard of this lad in my entire life. Also I'm 21, and he looks only 13 or so, so you're wrong on that front too.

You don't even remember your own grandson's name? I don't think you're as respectable as you make yourself out to be.

Cool. Hey Gary the Snail.

Cool. Can you get out of my house now?
[...]

...Ugh. What a crazy ass dream.

I wish my mom would buy me a Switch already. I'm getting bored of playing this one old game every day.

Well, Computer gaming is becoming increasingly popular. Maybe I can get some on here!

Oh wait, it's just one of those "storage PCs". Why did I even get one? My backpack can carry way more than it looks like it can.

Including me. So long, sucker!

Wait, Oak's real...? That wasn't a dream...?

Here's the settings I use. I definitely need help.

Yeah I'm getting the hell outta here.

SEE Y'ALL NEVER AGAIN-

Oh for the love of...

It's literally just birds and rats over there. I'm fine, Oak.

Not on my life- *BONK*
[...]

Ugh... what happened...?

Did you knock me out and drag me all the way out here...?

I'm fully expecting one of these to be a bomb or something.

*Sigh* this guy...
Okay, unpopular opinion time! I really don't like Gary. I much prefer the friendlier rivals like Hau and Hops. Though I'm fine with Silver, since he has actual character development, Gary's just a jerk with nothing to him than being a jerk. I get it's to make it more satisfying to beat him, but I think friendly competition is more fun than having someone spit in your face every encounter.

Anyway Squirtle is the GOAT of the Kanto starters and I will not be told otherwise.

When I was 11 I had a pet turtle named Tommy. I think he escaped one time when I had his enclosure outside. I miss him. I want another turtle.

If you talk about "hidden difficulty selection" I am gonna yeet you against a wall.

Alright let's check out Tommy.

Calm nature, meaning he's straight. Ew. (I'm joking btw. I don't have anything against straight people obviously)

*Groan* Fine...

Show me what you've got, Tom-

OAK SHUT UP

I KNOW

NOW let's get this outta the way.
[One boring battle consisting of just tackles and tail whips later...]

Can't say I'm a fan so far.
It gets better, trust me!
WOAH JESUS WHAT THE HELL

You had one other choice, Gare-bear. And if you chose that one, I'd have an advantage. You made the right choice, it's just that you suck.

Yoooo kids these days are loaded! I can get a Switch in no time!

Please don't smell me. It makes me very uncomfortable.

Anyway I'm outta here. Seeya never again, Oak.

Alright, time to get the Copperajah outta the room. Did you just speak to me?

Of course I did, lad. You have ears, right?
I mean, I think so...?
Then you have nothing to ponder!
Except that I do. How did you talk? I thought Pokémon only say their names over and over again.
*Shrug* I was just born like that, I suppose.
Sure...

Turning living beings into data sounds kinda murdery, if you ask me...

Whatever, I'm coming back inside. Here's my room.

Looks pretty cool, if you ask me!
Wanna play some NES?
I don't see why not!

Oh, right, I only have one controller.

Drat.

Let's go now. Never comin' back until I get a Switch.

OH LAWD HERE IT COMES!

This is what Oak was warning me about? I'm more scared of him than this little guy.

See? Nothing to worry about!

I can feel myself getting stronger!
(There was also a Rattatta I battled and defeated, which leveled up Tommy, but I forgot to screenshot it. Oops.)

Look! I can shoot shiny bubbles now!
Fantastic. This should be useful should we come across any rock, ground, or fire types.

TAKE ME DOWN TO VIRIDIAN CITY WHERE THE- Okay I'm sorry.

Free healthcare! Some place can definitely learn from that!

ALL my item needs? Yeah baby! Switch time!

Hello sir! May I have a Swi-

Sadly, yes.

Can't you just go to him yourself? Pallet's just a minute away. Unless you're trapped behind that desk... in which case, I feel bad for you.

Oh, so I can't buy anything from you until I get this damn thing delivered? *Sigh* Fiiiiiine. I guess I will.

So we return to this hellhole now. Whoopy freaking doo.

I'm good, thanks!

I don't want to know what's in there...

If this is a drug cartel in the making, consider me out.

Can it play games?

So, Bulbapedia?

Bulbapedia literally has everything you'd ever need to know about Pokémon. We don't need this archaic crap of yours.

Unless I've already caught something on that route, don't forget.

Fuck you too, Gary.

Okay, I won't.

Narrator: And so, Demozan came around to Gary's place.

I'm glad we share a mutual hatred for that old weirdo. We could be friends!

And considering you're ignoring Gary's request, I bet you hate him too. We could even be besties!

Hey, Tommy! Let's see what the dex has to say about you!

Squ-Squirtles have long necks...?
Sure do!
That's kinda horrifying...

Aaaaaanyways, time to leave this place forever for real!

And catch our first friend!
Good idea. Let's go and see what it is!

Well, hi!

That should be good, Tommy. Let's try and catch her!

Bingooooo!

First thing that came to mind. I was watching Mario videos while playing this.

Hi there, lady! What's your name?
...Skipsqueak.
Not much for conversation, huh?
Not really...

Quiet nature means she's into men.
Tommy's... so pretty...
Y-you think of me that way?
Y-yeah...
Aww, thanks!
Can we... date...?
Sure thing, Skippy!
(Tommy and Skipsqueak paired up!)

Might as well heal up while we can.

D-don't say that...

Anyway, let's go to- who the hell are you?

...Red... box?

That's not really a box, dude.

Yes I do.

I know how to catch Pokémon, you old fart.
(Initiate catch tutorial sequence)
FUCK!

I HAVE A SECOND POKéMON! YOU TAUGHT ME NOTHING! LOOK!

...Squeak.

Is that a Switch!? GIMME GIMME GIMME!

...Oh, it's just a stupid edutainment thing. Screw you.

Anyway, this part has run on for quite a bit. Let's call it a day for now and see you guys next time! Take care!

Last edited:

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

After a short break, it's time to pick up our Route 2 encounter! (Yes this is the same screenshot I ended last post on but I forgot to screenshot returning to Route 2 so shut up)

Here we go! Don't fail me now!

Dupes clause decrees that I ignore this one.

And this one too.

Here we go!

Ya like my bubbles, bro?
Your soapy strikes strike no fear in me, little one!

How about this?
Bugger it all.

I named him after Mamono from the Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari series, since he's a bird and I wanted to use more Puyo characters as the basis for nicknames.

The character himself's pretty fucked to be honest. In his debut game he makes the main character visualize all of her classmates' faces melting off when she was a kindergartener. Puyo's past is pretty insane and I love it.

He's a brave nature, so he'll have to pair up with a female Pokémon.
Nice to have ya on the team, Mamono!
...Hello.
I hope you two blokes don't hold me back at all. I hope to become the finest bird out there!
Yeah, good luck with that.
And to do that, I must train my metaphorical blade in the finest of forests! Come, lads and lass, there's precious little time!
Where are you going!? Come back!!!
[...]

This place ain't so bad so far, I guess.

It's nice...
Anyway, no time to waste. Let's go encounterin'!

Aw, I wanted a Caterpie...

*Gasp* A strong, fine maiden!

Actually, perhaps we could give Skipsqueak a go.
M-me?
Did I stutter?
I believe in ya, Skippy!
O-okay...

H...Hello...

Ew... so sticky...

When has a little silk hurt anyone, girl?
It's hard to remove...
Fine! If you don't like my weave so much, take this!

SKIPPY!?
It... it hurts...
Skippy, come back! I'll take care of you!

Don't hurt her.

No worries for me.

Finally, someone who can stand up for himself.

What was that!? I was starting to have fun!

I don't want to hear you complaining after how you poisoned my friend!
Friend...? *Cough*
Uh, yeah?

Named her after Ringo Ando, another Puyo Puyo character. Particularly because of her Poison Ringo alt from Quest.

Apparently she's not actually Ringo, but an evil lookalike of her? Whatever, I can't fit Poison Ringo in the pre-Gen 6 name thing, so I'll just stick with Ringo.

Fine lass, you've fought so well... I'm awestruck! You're truly incredible as a fighter! It would be an honor to fight by your side... we could go as far as the sun and moon! I can be the sword to your shield! Hold my hand, and we can-

Don't swing that way, dude.
Oh... Well I look like a right clod, don't I?
Okay, so here's an interesting case. While Ringo was meant to be a match for Mamono, she's exclusively into women, so she and Mamono are incompatible. In this case, we now have two lone wolves. My next catch needs to be female to match for either one of the two, depending on which way they swing.

Lucky for us, I know where we can find an Antidote, so Skipsqueak can be cured.

Give... *gag* me...

Thank you...

Any time. Now, let's get outta here for a smidge to do some shopping.
The journey for strength mustn't wait for a shopping trip! Push forward!
Let them have their fun. Especially since I poisoned that purple gal. She's not fit for battle.
I heard that!
Was fully aware of it.

Hello yes, can I have a Switch?

Oh, you just sell trainer items? *Sigh*

For anyone wondering, I bought 10 Pokéballs (Was expecting to get a Premier ball, but I guess they don't do that in this game), 3 potions, and 1 antidote. If I were smarter, I'd have gotten more antidotes.

Leaving a poor review for these guys. Say they have everything I need but they don't have a Switch. False advertising at its finest.

Also apparently you can get this without using Cut? What's the point of the tree, then?

Anywho, there's a route I forgot to visit that has an eligible catch. Let's take a runthrough and see what we can get!

Exactly what I was looking for.

That's a fighting type...
And she has no fighting-type moves yet. It only knows Scratch and Leer right now.
O-okay, I trust you...

Good going! But two leers means you shouldn't stay in. Come back and let Tommy take the hits while I catch this one!

And all she did was leer again against him.

What are you looking at?

Catching is going swimmingly.

Obviously named after Dixie Kong from the Donkey Kong Country series. DKC is a series I've been wanting to get into, and right now I'm trying playing the games in order, excluding DK64 since I don't have it.

She doesn't talk much (if at all) in the games, and I haven't watched the cartoon, so this mon is in-name only for the most part, though that applies for all the others, to be fair.

Ah, our first neutral nature! This means I can pair her with either Mamono or Ringo. Let's think this through real quick. Fighting is good against steel and rock, types that both of them struggle with. But fighting type Pokémon are also week against flying and psychic (And fairy, but that's not in the series just yet). Ringo is also weak against flying, and even though her bug-type is good against psychic, she's also poison type, the other type weak to psychic. Meanwhile, Mamono doesn't have to worry about either of those weaknesses, and fighting can also deal with the ice types that Flying is weak to. Add to that the only steel types in this game are also electric types, another type flying is weak to, and the choice is glaringly obvious...

Hey babe~
A powerful fighter! Just what I've been looking for!
Fighting? It's not really my thing, but if that's what you like, then I won't disappoint.
You're beautiful either way, darling. May we prosper side-by-side!
(Mamono and Dixie paired up!)
Yeah, I can't write asking out for shit. I haven't learned from experience (Forever alone)

Since our team's filling up, I should probably start up the box system, even if I've spoken sourly of it beforehand.

Silly ol' me forgot to make a box for pairs that I'm storing, but I don't plan on storing pairs just yet. We'll get there when we get there.

Anyway, back to this infernal place.

PISS OFF!

I don't like it here, Demozan...
I don't like it either, but we need to keep pushing on if we want to get to Pewter.

Maybe try... weakening them?

Oh hey! These things only know Harden! I think you can handle these, Skipsqueak!

M-maybe...

Good job, you defeated a literal cocoon that can't fight back. You must be a real champ.
Stop talking to her like that.
Yeah yeah yeahyeahyeahyeah shut up, turtle.
Technically speaking, I'm a tortoise.
Whatevs.

Looks like our first trainer battle.

Yep.

PUT THAT THING RIGHT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME!

Or just have it use superfluous moves as we bubble it to death. That's fine too.

Ah, Caterpie. The one who I don't get frustrated with.

Why are you sending me in...?
Don't worry, Skipsqueak! This one isn't poisonous! You'll be fine!
(One tackle later...)

OH JESUS NEVERMIND!

I'M SORRY SKIPSQUEAK!

Where would we be without switch training? Switch... *Sigh*

Pokémon can hack?

YES I CAN JAM OUT!

STOP!

Yeah, take that! I have nothing to worry a-

...bout.

...*Gulp*

Tommy... get back.

Tommy, get back!

If I'm gonna go out, I'm going out with a bang.

You're not going out.

Demozan, bless your idealism, but...
I'm realistic, not idealistic.
We have no antidotes left, Demozan...

I know...

...but we don't need em.

Don't waste them. It's over for me...
You're not gonna die, Tommy.

Demozan, it was an honor, no matter how short a time it was...
YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE, TOMMY!

Please... take care of Skippy for me...
We're at the Pokémon center. Don't get so dramatic.

See? You didn't die!

I'm... alive...?
What did I tell ya? I wouldn't let my starter die that easy.

You're right, though. I need more antidotes.

...I could've avoided all that drama with just this. *Sigh*

Trust me, after more Weedle bs than I can tolerate, I've learned not to go easy on anything.

Thank you for not using Weedle. You're doing your part.

Your part in my growth >:)

WOOT I DON'T HAVE TO USE TACKLE ANYMORE! I swear, I've missed tackle like 5 times up to this point. I hit more consistently with Fire Blast, a base 85 acc move, than with this 95 acc move.

This is relieving.

Hah! Meaningless!

Byyyyyyye!

Am I... getting better?
You the girl, Skipsqueak!
*Yawn* mildly less awful, I guess.
Nobody asked you.

You're a trainer... right?

Thought so- oh god, evolved Pokémon? You mean... Beedrill...?

Oh. Just cocoons.

Good time to heal up, I suppose.

Lol.

More lol.

Even

Of course you did.

*Headdesk*

Oh wow! I just so happened across a potion! How strange that I just found it from guessing!

I'm sorry, was that yours?

I hope your pillows are forever warm on both sides.

I'm keeping this potion. Thank you!

Yes... freedom at last...

GOD DAMN IT

Go to hell.

I've never been happier to get away from trees.

Now remember this is still Route 2, so no new catches, since I despise using Pinwheel clause. (Nothing against those who do, tho. Good on you.)

Feels so good.

Let's never go there again.
Amen.
No arguments there.
To have past through that horrid land, a true test of strength has been complete!
Oh come on. It wasn't that bad!
YOU WERE PART OF THE PROBLEM! (Problem...)
Eh?

Oh yeah, no more new catches until I beat Brock. Remember when you could skip this guy with a glitch in RBY? Serious help when I was doing a Mono-flying run.

Now, I'm gonna end it here so I can grind in preparation for Brock, and I have an idea. Since I'm doing this to familiarize myself with the forums, I'm gonna try and get one of the forum trophies and go for Brock and Roll! I'll try to have Skipsqueak solo him. If it doesn't work, at least I'll have Tommy to fall back on.

You're gonna regret this.
Yeah, whatever. Seeya next time!

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Sorry for the late update, everyone! I went on vacation for three days, so I didn't have the ability to upload screenshots and post them here. But on the plus side, I've been making progress regardless! As of this writing, I've just beaten Misty. For now, though, we still have Brock to beat, so let's get to that first, shall we?

I'm not gonna fight Brock just yet, but I may as well fight one of the gym trainers for grinding purposes.

Mate, it's 2021. Dreaming big is a losing game.

That looks like 12 feet at MOST.

More like I kicked my foot ten lightyears up your ass.

Darn.

You... enjoyed that? Ew...
[And so, Demozan left the gym for the time being, hoping to wash that weird shit outta his head.]
Anyway, let's get to the nitty-gritty of training. Y'all ready?
Of course!
S-Sure...
By the power, I am forever ready!
I guess I have nothing better to do.
Yeah whatever.
Excellent. Commence the training music!

Here's our ticket to getting Brock and Roll! Hyper Fang is a super powerful move to learn early on! I'm certain it'll be able to bust through even Brock's tough rocks!

Gratifying at it's finest.
Gal, what? That was my little brother!

One outta five...

Thank heavens. Bubble is so damn weak, it couldn't even OHKO that lightyear guy's Geodude.

Two outta five...

Since I'm planning on using the Tommy-Skipsqueak pair against Brock, I decided not to level the other three too high just to save time. So that's three outta five.
[Not pictured: Dixie hitting level 10]
Four outta five...

Gah, training Ringo is getting agonizing, Not being able to switch train her is hell, so I'm only going up to level 7. That's five outta five!

You're just impatient is what it is!
Never made any claims not to be.

I'm also not evolving her into a Kakuna yet, because I want the extra attack for now.
Other fun things to note:

I actually encountered TWO Pikachus in a row. I was dumb and forgot to screenshot the other one, but I promise it happened!

I also tried to sell the Teachy TV, but I guess not even the shopkeeper wants this edutainment garbo.
[...]

Now it's time to challenge Brock. I'm pumped! I hope we can get that badge...

Trust me, Brock. I'm gonna trounce you with a Rattata! I swear on it!

[Rockin' battle music starts!]

In all seriousness, I'm so familiar with Anime!Brock that I always get shocked a bit when I'm reminded that Game!Brock was always white. He just... doesn't look right, as dumb as it sounds.

Anyway, that trophy is just waiting to be claimed, so show him what's good, Skipsqueak!

...Shiiiiiiiit. That did jack. Looks like we aren't getting that trophy today. But I can still beat Brock quite easily!

I'll stand up for you, Skippy!

I could do this in my sleep.

Hand it over, white boy!

But it ended at the start of the year...

He-hey, it's my stimulus check!

Remember when this was Bide? Contender for the worst TM in the series, in my opinion.

At least this one's decent. It's not that strong a move, but it gives me some extra coverage where it's needed.

Good going, team.
Team!? Only Tommy did anything!
Now now, Skippy helped weaken that Geodude!
You didn't need that!
It's the thought that counts.
Anywho...

Anyway, I'm gonna get a couple a Repels. I don't want to get my encounter for Route 3 just yet, seeing as none of the choices would be good for Ringo (I already have a pure normal type and a normal-flying type on my team, so Jigglypuff and Spearow are out, and having two poison types as a pair would be a disaster, so NidoranF's out.)

Look, I told you I'm not interested in whatever Oak's doing.

Look, whatever's in that package, I will NOT be held accountable for carrying it-

WHY DIDN'T I GET THESE EARLIER!?
I'm genuinely flabbergasted. This is my first time really playing through Firered, so being familiar with getting Running Shoes before I got Pokéballs in HGSS, I expected that to be the case in this game. But nope! Not until you beat the first Gym! Way to keep the players patient, eh?

Nitpicking aside, guess we can proceed to the route.

Are you the ledge? I was looking at the ledge.

Where's Youngster Lance?

Refer to what I said about Ringo calling me impatient.

I swear, if you're one of the ones who used Weedle...

Nope. Don't remember you.

You guys are loads easier when I've got a Flying-type move.

SHORTS GUY!!! As a shorts enthusiast, you're like my idol!

It's like meeting a celebrity...

...You're a Poison user... I can't believe this...

Never meet your heroes.

What? My look of complete apathy?

Sweet! Low Kick is pretty crap when your opponents only use tiny rats.

No thanks.

Get with what?

Piss yourself.

Can't deny that. Dracovish and Alolan Darmanitan are complete BS.

Yeah, why aren't I wearing shorts?

PLEASE have a Growlithe...

Aww... :(

Genuinely forgot Keen Eye existed.

And here's why I tried to use Sand Attack. This team's not built for these Flying types!

I pulled through, though.

No, I won't watch Lost. That series finale was shit.

At least train it first, idiot!

Well, at least it's not a Weedle.
Hey!

And so, this youngster went on to be a famous Team Rocket member alongside his pet cat and his girlfriend, becoming beloved by bisexual Pokémon fans everywhere. Including me.

No. YOU walked up to ME.

I like the name Robin, though. It's cool and gender neutral. I have an OC named Robin.

Gotta love pre-Fairy type matchups.

One Jigglypuff ain't gonna cut it, Lass. Unless you're in Melee. (Jigglypuff main here, lol)

Turns out the grass in Route 3 is all out of the way. At least I've still got a couple of Repels for the cave coming up.

No, I got it from Misty :laugh:

Let's see our encounter here! Would kill for a Geodude!

Amazing screenshot with absolutely nothing obstructive or distracting about it. Good job again, Demozan.

Well, color me SERIOUSLY disappointed. I'd rather have had a Clefairy or Paras over a second Poison type, honestly.

Four generations too early.

Well, fine. I'll take an encounter when I can.

Guano is another name for bat turds, specifically ones used for fertilization. I find it fitting, since it's a bad, and it's quite a turd in this circumstance. On the plus side (Forgot to screenshot it), she's Rash, meaning I can't pair her with Ringo.

She's missing out, I tell ya.
I beg to differ.
Nobody asked you.

I COULD'VE HAD ONE OF YOU! *Cry*

First box. Can't say I'll see myself using her much. Crobat is awesome, but I can't evolve one in this game. Damn lockout mechanics...

Maybe try somewhere other than this big, winding cave?

Yeah, because you're the wrong Iris.

Now we're talking!

Yeaaaah! Look at me now!
You even got those pretty wings...
I think they're just decorative, sadly.

Cool. I got something to use just in case I finally have enough of Weedles.
[Achievement unlocked: Made Original Pokémon Joke #23!]

Hey, a piece of candy on the cavern floor. I'm sure eating it would be entirely healthy.

[FNaF Jumpscare sound]

I forgot to screencap your entrance. I completely forgot your name lmao. Get forgotten forever scrub.

Now I think I can evolve ya.

HRRMRMRRPH MRRRPH PHMRRRR!
Can't speak much in that cocoon, huh?
HRRRRPH MRRRRR!

*GASP* Pant, pant... that was awful...

I kinda miss not hearing her.
You keep your mouth shut, rat. I've got drills for hands now!
Hey now. Don't threaten a teammate. We're all working for the same cause, after all.
I had no say in the matter.
Aaaaanyway, just gonna ignore the bickering and just-

Who are these clowns?
You don't recognize us? You will soon!

Oh, you're Team Rocket. You're gonna be forgettable for a while until Jessie and James join ya.

And weak, too.

Suspicious men? You mean like... AMONG US!?

Forgot to screenshot ANYTHING from that battle, including your name. You'll be forgotten too lmao.

Hehehe, you know what else is bigger than you'd think?

...The rate at which bees are dying in the real world. It's a serious issue, They may go extinct by the next 20-30 years at this rate.

But enough sadness about the sorrowful state of the world, because MAMONO'S ABOUT TO EVOLVE BABYYYYYY!

I'm about to lose it too.

I've grown stronger than ever! Soon, I'll become the greatest in the world!
Hold onto that dream, Mamono! I think now's a good time to leave off! Next time, we'll get outta this cave! See y'all tomorrow, hopefully!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Rainbow wedlocke!? Puyo nicknames!?

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Rainbow wedlocke!? Puyo nicknames!?
Whoo! Glad to see you're excited for this run! There's just something really fun about naming your Pokémon after fictional characters from other works you love, Puyo Puyo for myself as an example.

We're doing great as of last update! Let's hope it continues into this next one.

Incredibly original, unpredictable joke coming in 3... 2... 1...

Where's Youngster Drake?

Can't say I disagree with ya, but I can't say I know how you feel B)

Marcos! I love your pizza!

Your battle style, on the other hand, could use some work.

Not sure if I'm ever gonna need this, but I'll take an item when I can.

I'm ABSOLUTELY not using this though.

I agree. Might promote predatory behavior. Though I have to ask why you bring this up when we're both adults.

Steamed like a ham.

Or you can sell the Revives for a better price.

Oh yeah also I trounced him. Forgot to screencap that.

Ohhhhhh, he must've meant the fossils.

Oh wait. Gotta deal with this clown first.

Why are you sending me out against a Poison type?
Look, I thought he'd have a Magnemite, okay? He's a nerd and I think it'd fit him.

Fun fact: Poison is my least favorite of the 18 types in the series. Along with me not being a fan of half of the Poison type Pokémon and my two least favorites both being Poison types, this shit here is the other reason.

Well, this is bad...

Sharing is caring!

Ain't this a familiar sight... two Pokémon are poisoned, and I only have one Antidote. Someone's gonna have to stay poisoned for the rest of this cave.

Considering Mamono here is literally at 2 HP, I think he needs it more. Hang in there, Dixie.

Weren't you trying to take both fossils earlier? Who are you to call me greedy?
Buuuut anyway, we gotta pick between the two fossils. So...

I'm picking this one. Kabutops was always my favorite of the fossil Pokémon.

Does anyone still think Helix memes are even funny? I don't.

I guess this guy does, though.

Anyway, even though it'll mean I'll have to trek my way through the cave again, I gotta save Dixie.

Phew. That was a close one. Ready to go back to the cave, Dixie?

If there aren't any more poison types...
I can't guarantee that, but I'm sure you'll be safe.

Multi-hit moves, for the most part, are stinky. Besides Icicle Spear, Double Iron Bash, and maybe Water Shuriken. Also, it's really weird that Fury Swipes has a base power of 18. It's like the one move with a base power that's not divisible by 5.

Thief! Thief's one of my favorite moves, even if it's kinda subpar in competitive. I like taking items from opponents.

And that's all for Team Rocket's tomfoolery.

And a complementary Ether as a thanks.

And we're out!

Oh yeah, these guys, the ones who give you the Mega moves. Gonna ignore them because those moves have crap accuracy. I'll happily stick with Hyper Fang, thank you.

And now we have Roar. What a lousy move.

And here we are! My next city!

And here's the gym. Gonna want to train for this one. It's one of the more infamous ones out there, thanks to that damn Starmie. On the plus side, it's another trophy opportunity after the Brock and Roll disappointment. Misty-meanor only requires me to beat Misty without grass-type or status moves. which I should be able to do fairly easily with dark-type moves.
...Oh, right! I need my Route 4 catch! Lemme just...

Bingo.

Couldn't think of anything better than a neat sounding adjective.

You better not consider replacing me, Demozan!
Nah, I wouldn't do that! You've been here for a long while!

I can't even pair her with Ringo anyway.

You've gotta be kidding...

Screw it. You can be friends with Guano.
[Angry bat screeches]
Now that I'm here, though... I'm gonna make a weird choice...

I'm gonna box Ringo.

Excuse me!? Why!?
Well, I've been unlucky with finding you a partner, and it's getting difficult to train you without a partner, so I feel like you need to take a backseat until I can possibly find someone for you.
You'll regret this.

So that leaves me with just four Pokémon. Could be worse.

Aw fuck, not you again.

No, I'm actually doing fine!

Go, Mamono! Show him that you're the cooler Pidgeotto!

Yeah!!! You go dude!

Good going! But I'll handle this one!

...Well that wasn't very nice.

At least it wasn't a Hyper Fang crit. You'd have died in that case.

Damn it. Misclicked.

THAT is what was supposed to happen.

I-is that a Psychic type?
Relax, Dixie. It's just an Abra. He can't hurt you.

Then why are you switching to Mamono?
Because Gary's next Pokémon, Ivysaur, CAN hurt you.

Oh, you still have a Bulbasaur? Frickin loser LMAO

Maybe try evolving your starter next time, Gare bear.

That's just Roar with a coat of windy paint. Hell no.

That went a lot smoother than the 2nd rival battle in my randomizer nuzlocke, spoiler alert.

You keep delaying the smelling.

He says after I thoroughly kicked his ass.

The... Fame Checker? I know I've barely played this game, but I've legit never heard of this thing until now, even compared to the tea.
[A few minutes of research later...]
Wow, now I know why. This thing is hot garbage, almost as bad as the Teachy TV.

You and me both, pal. Maybe we could be friends after all-

JAY TO THE KAY! You're a c-word, Gareth.

Is it some splendid nuggies? Count me in!

Oh, before I forget...

I'll be using Skipsqueak and Tommy for the Misty gym, so giving Skipsqueak a dark move for her Starmie would be smart. And who needs Tackle when you've got Quick Attack and Hyper Fang? I sure don't!

My face when I get hit by a crit Hyper Fang

Hey! It's Peashooter!

Guess you could say you're just a load of number 2.

There's probably some Fairly Odd Parents joke I could make here, but I never got into that show, so nevermind, I suppose.

He's certainly an average kid, though, I'll give you that.

Might've been like 2 AM when I took these screenshots, so yeah.

Remember what I said about teaching Skipsqueak a Dark type move for Starmie? This is perfect.

You know that meme with the guy slamming his desk so hard that it shakes and the keyboard shatters? That's how I feel just looking at this screenshot. God, I can't wait for Gen 5 when overworld poison damage is over.

GOOD.

Oh and I stole some candy from an elderly man.

Not when I'm this close to my nuggies, you won't.

Shouldn't you be in Johto?

Faker!

Time to claim my rewards!

Firered perks give you deals on the food you love!

*Is too busy chowing down on the nugget*
Uh, dude? That's solid gold...
Nuggies...
So are we just letting him eat this solid gold ball?
Gold's digestable.

*Burp*

Oh, team racquet or whatever? Don't make me laugh.

You guys are a joke.

And I'm telling you I'm not interested.

I refuse.
Oh. I was gonna give you another nugget, but-
DAMN IT!

Or you're just gonna beat my ass. Whatever works?

I think even the six-Magikarp fisherman could be a top leader.

The opportunity is the waste.

New route, let's go!

First encounter, let's get HIM!

[KCHUK!]
Welcome to Firered, bitch!

You consider failing to catch a Caterpie to be a feat?

Oh hey, I loved you from Stardew Valley!

You were a pretty disappointing marriage candidate though. All that character development gone to waste...

Stinky.

Another new route!

My luck right now! These things have like a 15% encounter rate, and I was hoping for a snazzy psychic-type. Let's hope I can catch it on the first ball before it teleports...

MY LUCK RIGHT NOW!

No, this name isn't a communism joke. I'm naming him after the Kirby villain, who likes to teleport a lot in his boss battles.

While he's not my favorite Kirby character (That honor goes to Taranza), I like this neat little lad. While I think the plot twist in his debut was very predictable, it gave 11 year old me a good shock. And his battles were super entertaining too. My brother played as him while we were co-oping Star Allies, and he cleaned house. I was basically the cameraman lol

And fittingly enough, Marx is a pretty naughty character too, even after turning to the good side in Star Allies.
... Oh jeez, look at the time. I was hoping to get Misty done in this update, but this has gone on for quite some time. Tomorrow, we need to beat Misty, and hopefully we can get Misty-meanor in the process! Seeya then!

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Welcome back! When we last left the gang, I had just gotten a lucky catch on Marx the Abra. Now we'll be getting around to more battles. You excited, Marx?
Nyehhh... not really.
That's fair. You can take a backseat for now.

Good start.

Oh my god, is that...?

YES! Youngster Joey and his top-percentage Rattata! It's an honor to meet you!

H... He called me decent... I'm honored.

Wish I could say that too. Sadly, I'm forever alone, as the cool kids say.

That's 2008 humor, dude.
Yeah whatever.

I'll probably cut down on trainer battles from here on out, unless they're notable. I'd like to keep these updates more screenshot-light so that I can get more done in one update.

Bastard

Imagine being hated so much by your parents that they named you Knob.

Your girlfriend is the WORST.

And by "later" I mean "When my stupid ass finally remembers that Abra can actually learn TMs".

Oh, and Skipsqueak evolved!

Am I... okay?
Cuter than ever, Skippy!
Aw, thanks! *Blush*
Get a room, you two!
How the HELL did you get out of the box!? Get back in there!
*Imitates a middle finger to the best her drills can muster*

So this is the Bill everyone's losing their minds over on the previous route, eh?

Awwww, a Clefairy! I love those little things.

AHHH IT CAN TALK!?

With emphasis on the Poké, right?
Nooooo...

I don't see a problem with that!
Well, I do! How am I supposed to catch Pokémon when I'm one myself!?
Ever heard of Mystery Dungeon?
Just turn me back already!

Okay fine, sheesh.

I liked you better as a Clefairy.
Nobody asked you.

Are you telling me to get out of this region?
Yes. Piss off.
Okay fine, sheesh, again. The nerve of some people.

Okay, I guess this is worse than the usual mildly inconveniencing that Team Rocket's usually up to.

You aren't? You guys are so lousy you might as well be bystanders.

One thrashing and you already bail? You guys are pathetic with a capital P.

Oh right, new route!

Surprised it took me this long to find a grass type. Then again, I guess I'm a bit too familiar with everyone else picking Bulbasaur. Honestly, I think this is the first gen 1 nuzlocke I've seen that DIDN'T pick Bulbasaur.

*Punches a hole into a wall*

Stay in there asshole

He's a plant, so I've got to name him after Crazy Dave from Plants vs. Zombies.

Fun fact! I had a randomizer wedlocke of this very game where I nicknamed every Pokémon after Plants vs. Zombies plants. I posted it here on an old archived account a few years back, but sadly I forgot it after Brock. You can still probably find it somewhere in the archives if you look hard enough.

He's modest nature, though, so can't pair him with Marx.

So I went for a Route 6 encounter to make up for it.

It's been an oddly long time since I nicknamed someone after a Puyo Puyo character. This time, I named him after Ms. Accord's living cat puppet, Popoi!

This silly lad has one of the coolest songs in the entire series. Yes, the silly looking cat puppet has THIS MAGIC as a theme. Absolutely phoenominal.

Can't pair him with Marx either. It's more of a relief for y'all, because I was considering giving him a "NYAAA XD" personality and I don't think anyone could tolerate that as a permanent member.

Your name jeff?

Exactly zero people laughed at that joke.

Here's Celadon city! Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. I still need to beat Misty, but I'd like to run a few errands first.

I never understood the appeal behind fishing, but I'll take a free rod whenever I can.
Yeah, that sounded... wrong.

Let's just take it and forget I ever said that.

Now HERE'S the real prize! Grinding is way easier and money making now!

And of course, new catch.

Surprise was no factor in this encounter, but a ground type is always welcome.

Bingo!

Bit of a stretch, this name is. But I know a popular mystery is what Diglett's hiding, and what Nintendo character also has a mystery behind what it's hiding? The Shy Guy!

That being said, we already kinda know what's under the Diglett... nothing at all!

I suppose the earth below it is either some sort of slug thing where it inches forward with a small leg underneath, or there are hidden hands within the earth that it uses to dig through dirt. I guess that would make sense, since it can use Scratch and such.
And yes, I know that this is in the anime, and the anime isn't 100% accurate to the games, but look at what happens when you have Diglett use Fly in Stadium!

"Oh but you can't have Diglett use Fly legitimately!" Oh yeah, well try using a move that flings the opponent into the air on a Diglett! You'll see that its body still looks like this!

I get that it's funny to imagine some horrible monster underneath that dirt, but the answers are right in front of us, and nobody seems to care. I don't think the "mystery" of Diglett can really compare to-
*Smooch*
Huh?

Oh. My dumb ramblings made me not realize that Shy is a genuine match for Marx.
[Marx and Shy paired up!]
At last, we've got a full team! Now, let's finally get grinding for Misty! Hit it!

Skipsqueak is up to snuff for Misty. I bet she and Tommy's got this fight!

Got an Ekans on Route 11. Named her after Viper from Kung Fu Panda.

I've only ever watched the first KFP, but at some point I wanna see the other two. Heard good things about them.

"Later" finally arrived.

And that allowed me to get Marx to level 23. High hopes for him!
NOW battling seems fun.

Got these three to 23 as well, even if they won't be partaking in the gym. The VS Seeker makes grinding way better.

Sweet!
My strength grows by the second!
Excellent!

And grinding ends here. Tommy is level 23 at last, meaning we're ready for Misty!
Other fun things to note:

Magnitude scared me admittedly a bit too much. I remembered in PBG's nuzlocke, one of his Pokémon was offed by Magnitude 7. Here, it didn't do too much.

Look, I like Mr. Mime way more than the next guy does, but why use this over Alakazam? (And yes, I'm able to do trade evos.)

But enough of that, we need to- Okay I made that joke twice already. Give it a break.

You ready to kick Misty's ass, Skippy?
You bet...!

First compatible one on each route, obviously.

Have high hopes for this one!

You know what to do, Skipsqueak!

Of course.

NOM NOM NOM!

Oh, Starmie is only 21? I overgrinded a bit. Oops. Well, not to the extent of... ah, spoilers for my comic.

Ah, confusion. Second only to poison for most infuriating status conditions.

Tommy should be fine. He resists Water, and he has pretty rad special defense.

Never frickin mind. *Groan*

Wasn't a real issue though. O H K O!

Wait no. Damn it.

You the man, Tommy.

Now wasn't that easy?

Oh. Goody. Cut.

Oh, goody! Water Pulse!

Now that's a wrap! Seeya next time where we'll try to tackle Lt. Surge!

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
We're back for yet another update. Two gym leaders down, and still no casualties! Can we carry this luck further to Lt. Surge? I'm hopeful!

I'd say so. Particularly the EV berries. If it weren't for those, EV training would be the worst thing ever.

Yet another useless Key Item I'll never use. It basically allows you to crush berries into powder that you can spend on the bitter herbs. The only bitter herb I see any use in is the Revival Herb, but considering this is a nuzlocke, not even that.

On the contrary, the Bike Voucher is largely valuable.

It allows me to get a bicycle, one of the most consistently useful Key Items in any Pokémon game.

Now I can ride down to Celadon in the coolest way possible. Look at me go! I'm almost like Dave Mirra!

Aaaaand here I am! The S.S. Anne! Felt like no time at all, eh?

I was genuinely expecting to see the "Buy it or die" message. Turns out that was just a hoax. Would've been hilarious, though.

Why can I smell truck gas?

This is a really small boat.

Yes, I do. You know what else I love?

A GOOD FIGHTING TYPE MOVE LET'S GO!!!

Dixie's gonna be an excellent fighter from here on out.

Who the hell throws away a Hyper Potion anyway?

For a second, I freaked out when this happened. Fortunately, Icicle Spear is ass in this generation, so it didn't do much of anything. (Well, fortunate now...)

I also got Rest. It's an alright move, but I don't like putting my Pokémon to sleep, even for a full heal.

And speaking of heals, this move should be quite useful in our quest.

Again, I think Dixie and Mamono would be my best bet for the team. Dixie, go up first!

Just my luck.
Um, don't worry. I think I can handle this with Rock Tomb...

Just my luck.

Oh my god.

I really don't like this...
N-no worries! I'll just switch you out!

If you would be so kind as to stop flicking sand into my fine lady's eyes, I would most appreciate it!

You put up a fine fight, chap, but I'm simply superior!

What's this? A Raticate? I'm certain you can't compare to Skipsqueak. Have at th-

MAMONO!!!
Is this it...?
My first death?
I was hopeful that we'd be able to get further without any blood on our hands...
But now...
I'm struck with one of my own tricks...
*Sigh* damn it all...

Don't be so melodramatic, you two! Those fangs are nothing compared to what our own is capable of!
Phew...

You still need to be healed up, lad. That was still a bit of damage.

Don't scare me like that again, Gary!
Relax, Dixie! You can get your revenge on that Raticate next time we see him! I promise!
(Should we tell him?)
(Naaaaaaah)

Hey, my brother, my pal! How are ya doin?

Mamono, what are you doing!?

NOOOOOOOO! ALEXANDER!!!!!!

Well well well... good to see YOU again, chump.

Still quite easy to down, I see.

I am going to destroy your bloodline.

You can say that again! With how well I raise them, I don't think I'll ever have any hassle with you!
[Oh, Demozan...]

[My sweet summer child...]

[You innocent little bastard...]

[If only you knew...]

I suppose... aside from the fact that it's complete waste.

Oh look, it's the guy who gives you cut! I sure hope that I can get it without some uncharacteristically uncomfortable back rubbing scene!

Oh wow! He just gave it to me! How swell!

Coolio. I'll be on my way out now. I don't dig cruises.

Well, there it goes...

Really, really slowly...
[...]
Alright. Soon we've gotta fight Lt. Surge. So we need to plan this out.
All ears!
Okay, so if we wanna meet Surge himself, we need Cut. But the thing is, I don't want to teach Cut to any of you. It's a really lousy move and the only reason why everyone hates HMs so much in my opinion.
Are we just not gonna meet him...?
Hell no! But we do need someone else to teach this crap to, but that means I have to remove a pairing from my team temporarily.
So which one is it gonna be?
Firstly, definitely not Marx and Shy. Shy's our ticket to smoking this guy.
Okay...?
But worse case scenario, if both him and Marx die, I need someone to switch into instead. And I'm guessing someone in the gym uses a Magnemite. So Dixie would also be useful. That, and the fact that I don't want to lose my starter and first catch...

Means that I'm gonna box Tommy and Skipsqueak for the time being.

Oh...
Don't worry, Demozan. I understand. Electricity is scary!
Don't worry, you two. I'll be back for you after the gym is done!
(Perhaps it's not so bad... we can just have some time together...)
(I like the way you think... We can just relax together, and think about how our lives are going, eh?)

Well, look who's back! Guessin' you lost some schmucks and need to come crawlin' back to me?
Nah! Things have been going swimmingly! I just need your assistance for something.
Sure. Whatever. What do you need me to beat up?

Some trees!
So this is what it's come to? I'm a dedicated HM slave? Oh, my life...

Have I ever told you how much I hated you, Demozan?
Nah. I just assumed as much.

And here we are! The gym!

Just like my personality!

HELL YES! DID YOU THINK I FORGOT ABOUT MY QUEST FOR A SWITCH!? I DIDN'T, BITCH! LET'S GET THIS SHIT BOOTED UP NOW!

...It's bricked. DAMN IT!

Puzzle solved, at least.

Whoo! Now we can fight Surge, right?
Not yet... We've still got some grinding to do!
Lemme guess...
Cue the music!
Predictable...

Level 26! Guess what that means...

Woah woah woah! Look look look at at at how how how many many many heads heads heads I I I have have have now now now!
Nobody digs it? Fine... I'll stick to how I normally talk, then. *Sigh*

Actually, cut the music early. My training's already done.

Aw... I was rocking out...

I'm 21.

I said I'm 21.

Are you threatening to kill me?

I only now realized that I forgot to give Misty music. I'll keep it fair to her and not give you any music either.

Hold up. Wasn't Shy your key to beating Surge? What's Marx doing out here?
Why yes, Shy is gonna win me the gym. Buuuuut, I wanna keep him safe, too.

The only moves these guys have outside of Electric type moves are physical Normal type moves. So I would like some physical defense to protect him from the only things that can hurt him. He's pretty physically frail, after all.

Now's your chance, Shy!
I'll do my best...

Oh... it doesn't hurt?

This does, though!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Can you say "overkill"?

Well that's a low number...

Not low enough, though!

Thank you, Surge!

Another badge for the pile!

Now we're talking! Fly's actually GOOD!

Look what I won for you, Marx~

"Later" has officially ended.

I'm feeling electrified!
Good going, you two!
Hey, don't forget me, lad. This wouldn't have been possible without me.
Trust me, I know. I just choose to ignore the fact.

A friend of Oak's is an enemy of mine. Piss off.

Thanks but no thanks. Buh-byeeeeee!

Now I can access this place with Cut! Sadly, I can't get anything new here thanks to Dupes Clause. A blessing, but a curse in Kanto.

I can get this though!

Well, ain't that swell?
Actually, you're a Pidgeotto.
I don't get it.

And I can't get anything new here until I get a good fishing rod.

Buuuuuut, I can get an upgrade regardless.

When Mankey evolves, its sprites make it look like it's stomping angrily while evolving. It kinda cracked me up to be honest.

I'm so big now!
And now all our Pokémon have evolved. Looking good!

What awaits us next place?

Aw heck, it's this cave. Let's tackle this tedium next update, alright? I know it's been a short one, but I'm kinda rushed right now, so it had to be like this. Seeya next time where we try to get to Erika!

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry

Oh, right. Welcome back to this dark cave. This ain't gonna be fun, since everything's gonna be dark since I'm too stubborn to give any of my Pokémon Flash. Wish I knew why, tbh. I despise darkness levels so much. *Sigh* Anyway, let's see our encounter.

A Machop? Could be worse. But it could also be Geodude. I just want a Geodude, dang it!

Gotcha!

Didn't have any good ideas for what fictional character to name him after, so here's just a basic name for someone bulky like Machop.

Oh. I see, I haven't screenshotted much of the journey, so you don't have to suffer what I did.

Omg so scary ooooooh

Here we are. This is where people go to bury their dead Pokémon. Not that I need to. Things have been spic and span on my side!
Why do I feel like you're gonna regret saying that?
No idea what you're talking about, Marx.

Oh, right. Gary G Genson is up ahead.

Let's change things up a little. Marx and Shy, you can probably take him on!
After how we smoked Surge, we should be able to handle this!

Nope! I'm so good at this B)
[You just wait and see...]

Hah! You can't do beat me!
[Don't get cocky...]

You hear something?
Nah. Let's get on with the battle!

Ah, this should help!

Futile!

Yeah! Take that!

Physical attack? Don't need it!

What how

OH GOD FUCK

Oh, that made me panic.

Don't fret, Demozan. I can sustain myself.

Ready, no need to aim...

FIRE!!!

This makes me feel so powerful!

You're hurt, love! Allow me!

Bring it, mutt!

Well, crap.

Oh, nevermind! I'm a boss!

Oh dear... Marx, I can't handle Grass-types.

Ah, I'm still a bit weak...
You bailing already?

No, of course not! I'm just...

...That's all you've got? I should be fine, then.

I can restore myself, and shortly, I can...

Ah... uh...

That's not good...

Lemme just heal up Shy, and I can help you out, Marx.
[Bad idea]

There we go! Now you can trash this overgrown plant!
D...Demozan...?

Demozan... I...

What's wrong, Marx? You know you can handle a Razor Leaf!

Oh god...

MARX!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, Demozan... I could've done better...
M-marx, no... It's my fault...
[Deaths: 1]
I... I'm sorry...

YOU... YOU BASTARD! HOW COULD YOU!?

AGH... ugh...

SHY!!! NOT YOU TOO!!!
At least... I can be united with my beloved in heaven...
[Deaths: 2]

The blood on your hands cannot be cleaned, lest they are cut off!

TO HELL WITH YOU!

HIS ALLIES CANNOT STAND EITHER!

After what heinous things you've committed, you have no right to speak ill of us!

No, he's right... I'm... a stinker...

This is all my fault. I should've just set Marx awake and healed him. I screwed up so horribly...

I'm not gonna say that it's not your fault, but I am gonna say that you can learn from your errors and make sure not to do something like this ever again.
Two people are dead because of me, Dixie.
Then keep trying. They'd want you to do that.
No. I'm throwing in the towel. I don't want to let anyone else die by my hand anymore.
So we're just gonna stay here for the rest of our lives?
Sure, if you give up, we'll survive, but will we really live? It's inevitably gonna get real boring around here. Honestly, do you think we'd enjoy just being wild animals over these sweet battles? Keep going, if just for us.
... Fine.
Wow, that cheesy speech worked?
I'm only doing this to shut you guys up, okay? Don't push me.
He doesn't seem very happy...
He'll have a change of heart soon. Just wait.
We're gonna need to make some changes to account for what I've taken away.

This is the best we've got for a Ground-type attack right now.
Okay...
I'll be honest. When this happened, I fully considered resetting and trying the battle again so that Marx and Shy would actually survive. I considered cheating. But I decided against it. What's the point of a nuzlocke if you can just undo anything you mess up? You're meant to own up to your losses and move on. Try to recover from what happened to the best of your abilities. And that's what I'm gonna do now.

And now it's set in stone...

I want a new Pokémon. I'd prefer a Cubone, but at this point, I'll even accept a Gastly.

...Oh, right. I need a Silph scope. *Sigh*

Fine. I'll go here instead.

GROWLITHE!!!

Well you cheered up fast!
*Glare*
I... I said nothing.
Now, this guy has Roar, and I don't want to lose the encounter because of Roar. It's gonna be a risky move, but I'm gonna throw a ball right away and hope it works.

I SWEAR I'm not using a catch code.

Gonna set right where Youngster Calvin failed.

Very badly wanna use him, because I adore Growlithe and Arcanine, but I don't have any men to pair him with yet. Buuuuuut, I do have an idea.

Oh, this is getting bad. He's getting into gambling.
I said shut up.

This is our goal. Dratini's gonna be hard to train, but I'd kill for a Dragonite by the time we get to the league.

I have just enough money to get enough tokens for it.

And there we go.

Might as well name him after my favorite video game dragon, Spyro.

The very first Spyro game was the first game I ever played. The character has always meant a lot to me because of it, even at his lowest moments in Enter the Dragonfly. I'm so close to the series that I even like that trash heap.

[Hobbes and Spyro paired up!]
Not even gonna show them bonding?
SHUT. UP.
O-O-Okay...
Now, let's get to Route 12 and get a Magikarp, shall we?

Didn't have enough space to use the full name, but hopefully you get the idea. Named him after Suketoudara from You Guessed It, Puyo Puyo.

Apparently a lot of people in the fandom hate this guy. I wish I knew why. I think he's funny and he has one of the best english voices in the cast.

Also went to Route 9 for a new encounter, but Dupes Clause blocks all of our options.

And gave Hobbes Return for a good physical move.

And we finally have Fly too. Anyway, let's start grinding.
[...]

There we go. They're stronger now. Maybe we can handle Erika later.
Okay, so since I'm the only one you haven't told to shut up yet, can I say this on the behalf of everyone else?
*Sigh* What.
I get you're still in grief over how you lost Marx and Shy right now, but still, right now, you're being... uh... I can't say this in any kind way. You're being an asshole, Demozan.
Say that again...?
I don't get it. Why are you taking your anger out on us when you said it's your fault that they died?
Because you guys pushed me.
And here you are, still catching and training up Pokémon. Are you sure you don't want to keep pushing forward?
You also mentioned that you want to bring Spyro to "the league", so clearly you're still interested in getting there, right?
...You're right. I wasn't reacting very well. I'm sorry everyone.
Don't worry. We forgive you.
So do I.
You don't speak for everyone, Dixie.
Speak for yourself, Mamono.
I'm doing exactly that, Tommy.
Okay, since now MOST OF us are back on good-ish terms, we can get back to business, shall we?

I wanna see the poster, though!

Good first impressions, Hobbes.

Why thank you, kind sir.

Hardly a sweat.

Now lemme see the cool poster!

The what now?

Here we go! Hopefully it's not bricked this time!
[PSHHHHH]

Ugh... what happened?
You pulled a gas trap and it knocked you out.
Bastards tricked me... Let's go kick some Team Rocket ass, shall we?

AW FUCK THAT'S TOO CLOSE!
That gave me a good jump!
Yeah... let's come back later.

Yes, some quite posh tea you got there, miss.
Hey! We can give this to those thirsty guards!

Saffron City, home to Silph Co.. We should go see if we can buy a scope from them!

Bastard. Guess we'll have to return to Celadon for now. I think I'll go to fight the gym now. Buuuut, not only does the gym have Cut trees, but we need to use Cut to get there in the first place.

Sorry, you two, but I'll need to store you both again.

Another type disadvantage?
Yes. Grass.
I see. Good luck, Hobbes.
I'll do a jolly good job, chap. Don't you worry.
Anyway, let's cut down this tree and-

...Ew...

Looks like he doesn't know that this place is almost certainly a lesbian gathering in the form of a gym.
I wouldn't want to know how he'd react to that. Mamono, Dixie, Ringo, call the authorities while I go tackle this gym...

Iiiiiin the next update! This one was a heavy one, no doubt with our first two deaths, so I'll lend myself a break for now. Here's hoping things go better next time.

Marx the Kadabra: Level 9 - Level 27
God, I still feel so damn stupid for letting you die like that. I was so excited for you, a strong Psychic type that I was lucky to catch as I did. You could've been here with me all the way to the Champion... but I didn't heal you when it mattered, and now you're gone. All I can do now is make sure not to make this mistake again, but that won't bring you back. Maybe next time...

Shy the Dugtrio: Level 19 - Level 26
The other victim of my Ivysaur Idiocy. If it weren't for you, Lt. Surge would've been way harder. I had a feeling you wouldn't be staying with me forever, but I didn't think your leave would be this soon. If I had saved Marx, you wouldn't have to have jumped into a futile battle against a type disadvantage. I don't know if I'll ever get another ground type after this, so you were truly one-of-a-kind to me.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Youngster at your original joke:

Or you can sell the Revives for a better price.
Little do you realize that Team Rocket's primary market is nuzlockers. 😔

Multi-hit moves, for the most part, are stinky. Besides Icicle Spear, Double Iron Bash, and maybe Water Shuriken. Also, it's really weird that Fury Swipes has a base power of 18. It's like the one move with a base power that's not divisible by 5.
Unless if you're playing Mystery Dungeon DX! :0

Rapid Bull's Eye + Heracross is essentially the meta of Purity Forest.

Oh yeah, these guys, the ones who give you the Mega moves. Gonna ignore them because those moves have crap accuracy. I'll happily stick with Hyper Fang, thank you.
Truth. 😤

I'm gonna box Ringo.

Excuse me!? Why!?
Well, I've been unlucky with finding you a partner, and it's getting difficult to train you without a partner, so I feel like you need to take a backseat until I can possibly find someone for you.
You'll regret this.
Beedrill!Ringo when she gets boxed:

You and me both, pal. Maybe we could be friends after all-
Introverts unite. 😤

My face when I get hit by a crit Hyper Fang
There would indeed be a lot of red on your face. >_>

Oh hey, I loved you from Stardew Valley!
He is the speedrunning meta. 😌

While he's not my favorite Kirby character (That honor goes to Taranza), I like this neat little lad. While I think the plot twist in his debut was very predictable, it gave 11 year old me a good shock. And his battles were super entertaining too. My brother played as him while we were co-oping Star Allies, and he cleaned house. I was basically the cameraman lol
Another great source of nicknames! When my brother and I co-opted Star Allies, we learned that Dream Friends are very OP. Which is why we used them. we're naughty

Imagine being hated so much by your parents that they named you Knob.
Orre must have some pretty hateful parents, then.... >_>

I don't see a problem with that!
Well, I do! How am I supposed to catch Pokémon when I'm one myself!?
Ever heard of Mystery Dungeon?
Just turn me back already!
Alas, recruiting Pokemon in Mystery Dungeon requires charisma, and Bill rolled low for that stat. 😔

Can't pair him with Marx either. It's more of a relief for y'all, because I was considering giving him a "NYAAA XD" personality and I don't think anyone could tolerate that as a permanent member.
Why would disrespect the owner of that awesome theme song with that!? :c

Oh. My dumb ramblings made me not realize that Shy is a genuine match for Marx.
[Marx and Shy paired up!]
Ooh, a fast special attacker and a fast physical attacker together!? Watch out, world!

I've only ever watched the first KFP, but at some point I wanna see the other two. Heard good things about them.
dew itttt

Yet another useless Key Item I'll never use. It basically allows you to crush berries into powder that you can spend on the bitter herbs. The only bitter herb I see any use in is the Revival Herb, but considering this is a nuzlocke, not even that.
Does this item even appear in any other games? I don't have any memory of it.

[Oh, Demozan...]

[My sweet summer child...]

[You innocent little bastard...]

[If only you knew...]

Are you threatening to kill me?
Silly Demozan, Surge is just threatening to paralyze you.

Well, ain't that swell?
Actually, you're a Pidgeotto.
I don't get it.
i'll admit that i didn't get it at first either

Here we are. This is where people go to bury their dead Pokémon. Not that I need to. Things have been spic and span on my side!
Why do I feel like you're gonna regret saying that?
No idea what you're talking about, Marx.
the curse of the psychic type future vision

Yikes, both Kadabra and Dugtrio gone. The past few FRLG nuzlockes I've read have Bulbasaur as the starter, so I forget that Gary's Charizard (and Alakazam) aren't the only deadly things that he packs!

And the best nature for synergy with Dragon Dance!? :0

Apparently a lot of people in the fandom hate this guy. I wish I knew why. I think he's funny and he has one of the best english voices in the cast.
I agree! 😤 they're like half the cast that want to eat the poor guy

Moon

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
This is good. I like this.
Also, ACK NO SHY MARX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Unless if you're playing Mystery Dungeon DX! :0

Rapid Bull's Eye + Heracross is essentially the meta of Purity Forest.
Hot damn! I've heard under the grape vine that Bullet Seed was apparently really good in Mystery Dungeon, but this definitely shows it! Goes to show how different the meta in Mystery Dungeon is compared to the main games.
There's a speedrunning category for getting married in Stardew? That's honestly hilarious! And I can see how Shane would be the fastest; getting him gifts is super easy! Just buy beer at the Saloon while it's spring then just farm the hell out of peppers during Summer.
Orre must have some pretty hateful parents, then.... >_>
These just look like someone took a random string of letters and tweaked them a bit to make them look like names. Sometimes I name characters like this, but I make them sound more convincing than, y'know, "Horbit".
oh, a fast special attacker and a fast physical attacker together!? Watch out, world!
Yeah! So excited to use these guys! Haha... ha... :'(
Does this item even appear in any other games? I don't have any memory of it.
As far as I'm aware, no. I guess they also realized how superfluous it was.
Silly Demozan, Surge is just threatening to paralyze you.
Ah yes. That's faaaaaar more reassuring.
Yikes, both Kadabra and Dugtrio gone. The past few FRLG nuzlockes I've read have Bulbasaur as the starter, so I forget that Gary's Charizard (and Alakazam) aren't the only deadly things that he packs!
Moral of the story: Don't underestimate anything, especially not rivals!
And the best nature for synergy with Dragon Dance!? :0
Yep! That would be so awesome... if not for the fact that Dratini only learns Dragon Dance through breeding. Ah well, hopefully he'll still be useful!
This is good. I like this.
Also, ACK NO SHY MARX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying the ride so far! And the loss of Marx and Shy is definitely a bad one. They would've been excellent helps in the later battles and especially the league. Hopefully I can recover from this soon...

So we're back again, and about time too. And this time, we're in the mood! With the help of Hobbes, I'm about to nab our fourth badge and get ready to drive Team Rocket outta this city!

So are people who aren't women just not allowed to compete in the league? Or do you just mean only women are allowed to be gym trainers?

Ignoring that question, Hobbes just reached Level 30! Why is that important?

Because with a Rare Candy...

We get ourselves a GOOD fire-type move! Therefore...

A fine biscuit? Well, allow me! *Chomp* Ow.

Now I'm a moighty fine beast!

Now we've got an Arcanine! Anyone up for some roast veggies?

That sounds nice, actually. Can you teach me how to-

O-okay. We can battle too. I wanted to arrange flowers...

I could call you autumn leaves, cuz this is gonna be a clean sweep!

For how freaky your dex entries are, Victreebel, you don't put up much of a fight.

Lotsa spaghetti!

I recently learned about rafflesias, also known as corpse flowers. They're big carnivorous flowers that smell of rotting flesh, and seemingly they're what Vileplume's flower is based on. Guess that's where the "Vile" part comes from, eh?

It's also the only one to not get felled by a single Flame Wheel, so good going, Vileplume!

Why do I keep forgetting that gym leaders can heal their Pokémon?

Whatever. One more Flame Wheel and she's out!

A very fitting badge not only for this gym, but this challenge as well.

Strength is one of the better HMs in the game. It's no Surf, but it's at least a decently strong Normal-type move, something I can't turn down.

A great Grass-type move, too! I don't have any Grass-types yet, but I'll definitely hold onto this.

Ugh, that weirdo's still there. Where are the police!? Are they too busy drinking that damn tea!?

And welcome back, you two!
So how'd it go?
You two shoulda seen it! Hobbes totally kicked her butt!
That's... cool.
Now that the distraction's done with, let's get back to pushing that dastardly team out of Celadon!
I'll roast those blokes a fine one!
Great job, everyone.

Now, where were we?

Oh right. Smacking these guys around.

This is how it feels to try and learn Backgammon.

I feel like there's something I could say about these boxes...

Ooh, piece of candy!

I'm gonna look so cool in these B)

As if these guys couldn't be any more of a joke. This plays out like a comedy skit.

Here we go! We're making mad progress!

MILUK!

You really shouldn't be. Your team's a joke, and this building's a standup comedy.

Somehow I doubt that.

So you're the leader of these clowns? You should be easy.

One down, two to go!

I'm making this look easy!

That's not a rock type...

I'll cover you...

Told ya Mega Punch sucked.

I'M SORRY I TAKE THAT BACK!

SKIPPY!?

*Cough...*
That was scary...

You're definitely more competent than your grunts, I'll give you that.

No duh!

I get you're in your 50s or something, but you don't get to call me a child.

Pfft. Coward.

Hell yeah! It's still in the package, too!

Anyway, let's go over to Route 3 to settle some unfinished business...

Still got something to catch here.

Yay!!!! Jigglypuff!!!

This is the first time I've failed a ball on this run. And silly fun fact: When I was a kid, I thought this dialogue meant that the Pokémon was already caught by another trainer. I've abandoned a few captures because I thought it was already owned.

But enough about that anecdote, I got it on the next one!

Named her after Raffina from, you guessed once again, Puyo Puyo.

Nothing interesting I have to say about her. I just think she's funny.

And can't forget. With the Silph Scope in hand, I can also complete this part.

*Sigh* Going back to this place makes me upset.

Again, holding out for a Cubone. I'd love another Ground type on the team.

Damn.

But whatever. Not gonna let my cold opinions on this line hold me away from another encounter.

Anyway, as you could probably guess from one of the first things I've said in this series:
YEAAAAAAH FUCK YOU GENGAR! WHOOOOOO!
Gengar's one of my least favorite Pokémon in the series, second only to Qwilfish. My reasons for hating Gengar are solely from personal experiences, and how it frequently serves to be a bad omen for me, especially on nuzlockes. So, what more fitting name for one of my least favorite Pokémon than my least favorite Puyo Puyo character, Schezo?

I could probably go on for hours about how much I despise this guy. Even looking at this render is making me angry. But I'll spare you the details and just say I think he's one of the nastiest characters in the series, and I genuinely think he has no redeeming qualities. What pisses me off even more is that the Puyo fandom seems to love shipping this guy with my favorite character (Lemres), and I have to sometimes deal with seeing him all over my beloved favie whenever I look at fanart for him. This guy is exhausting to such an extreme degree, and I don't understand why nobody seems to dislike him as much as I do.

On a more positive note...

Coo, flash! Do that again!
That wasn't me, my love. That was you. You're even more elegant than before.
Sweeeeeeet!

What the hell is that? Is that part of the floor cursed?

No, quite the opposite. This is a blessed spot that acts as a full heal!

I also got this...? Can't see much use in it. I'd rather use Repels.

MEEP!

Marx!? Shy!? Is that you!? I didn't mean to, I swear! Please forgive me!

...You're not either of them?

Frickin whatever then I don't care about you.

I guess she just needed a fresh drink of water before she left.

And here we are at the very top of the tower.

Hey! Are those the crooks of the team of Rocket?
Looks like it!

To quote one of the funniest game mods ever, "Piss off, nerd!"

I guess? I just came here to get my catch and to come to the top just to see what was there.

Oh, her? You should've gotten a bottle of water for her.

Oh, a flute! One of my favorite instruments! *Plays it utterly horrendously*
MAKE IT STOP!!
Everyone's a critic.

Oh, sweet! Guess I don't need these Awakenings anymore!

I heard some particularly loud snoring over here, in fact. Let's deal with that.

There we go! ...She looks angry.
Your music's so bad that even the sleeping bear-cat-thing hates it!

Oh dear... She's strong.

No worries! Just paralyze her, and-

My heart skipped a beat.

A lot of Great Balls and a few healing items later, Snorlax is ours!

I named her after my old cat, Magic. She was the first cat I ever had.

As you could probably tell by the picture, she was quite big and a bit grumpy. She left my life when I was only twelve, but I still think about her often. I miss her a lot.
...Right. I'll see y'all next update.

Moon

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They, Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
I honestly want to hear you rant about Schezo.

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I honestly want to hear you rant about Schezo.
I would too, but I don't quite have the creative patience to go through with that yet, and I don't think I should put that here in one message. Maybe I'll just write an essay on Google Docs and share it around.

Well ain't this a familiar sight? I'm boxing a pair again, this time Mamono and Dixie. Do I need some help from Ringo to cut down trees again? Not right now, no. So what AM I doing? Well, I'm planning for Koga, our next gym. Now he's a bit of a toughie for us. He's a poison-type user, and we know how much I just ADORE fighting Poison types. I was planning on having Marx deal with him, but now that I don't have him, OR Shy, I'm not in a good spot in terms of fighting him. So what do I do? I'm gonna train someone I didn't want to train up. Yep. You heard me.

I'm going to train Schezo. I know I spent a decent bit of the last update ranting about how I hate his final evolution and his namesake, but hear me out. Schezo is our best option for handling Koga. How so? Well, Koga's Pokémon only know normal and poison-type move, including the dreaded self-destruct. (And trust me, that's not the only time this update that we talk about that move, but I'm getting ahead of myself.) Not only is Schezo immune to the Normal type, but he's also doubly resistant against Poison, being two types that resist it. The only way this could be any better is if it was an Aegislash, but this is just gen 3, so we can't do that yet.
Ah yes... exquisite of you to bring me here, Demozan...
Don't get your hopes up. You're probably only in this for one gym.
How sour of you... Not just disrespecting me and my kind, but you're also just using me as a tool?
I won't say yes, but absolutely.
Hiss...

Oh yeah, the aides. These guys give out some useful items, of most interest to us are the last three. This guy only gives us Flash, though, so nothing of use this time.

I also got the Old Amber for some reason. Still set on Kabuto, though.

Oh, and can't forget about this Snorlax.

Brought Dixie back temporarily just to beat it down.

Sometimes I say morning instead of good morning, because if it was a good morning, I'd be fishing.

This could be very useful. Anywho, I think it's time we go back to Pallet town.
Wait, what?
Didn't you make it clear that you'd never go back to that place?
Fair point, but I have one last thing to do there.

We're getting a catch here!
Oh. I guess that makes more sense.

A clam! Not bad! Spyro, care to paralyze him?
Oh, right. I boxed him and Hobbes for the time being so that I could bring Mamono and Dixie along. Whoopsie daisy.

Luckily, I still weakened him just enough to get him caught!

I don't think there are any Puyo Puyo characters based on clams, even in Quest. I can also only think of one fictional clam I remember the name of, that being Junior from the one Spongebob episode "Rock a bye Bivalve".

I think naming someone after this episode fits the Rainbow Wedlocke too. That episode was really freaking gay.

Speaking of gay, we have a new pairing!
[Schezo and Junior paired up!]
You serious? You think I'm gonna fall in love with this thing!?
I bet he'll grow on you! Hee hee!
Oh. Hello.
Not much for words, huh?
Nah.
Oh, do we have 30 dex entries now? Hot dog! That means we can get...

Bingo! And with this...

We can get two Leftovers, one of the most useful items in the series, especially in nuzlockes!
I am not eating food off of the floor.
Aw come on! Just rinse it off a little and it should be fine!

Ugh, fine. But I'm gonna grimace with every bite!
Fine, you want a clean meal!?

Then go eat some random victims!
Now this, I can get behind.

Oh yeah, and you evolved, too.
Greeeat. If only I could reach my final evolution.
Who said you can't?
Oh, excuse me?
Yep. While you're not usually able to trade on emulators, the one I'm using (My Boy) does in fact have a way to do so!
Do go on.
If I get another Gen 3 game on my phone, I can use a feature to run both this rom and the other one at the same time as if they were linked with a Link Cable! With this in mind...

I can get to the point I'm able to trade on the new game...

And initiate the trade as normal, getting you to evolve!
Well ain't that splendid?
Rad. Can I evolve too?

Sure. Why the heck not?
Yesssssss

Oh yeah, we also got an encounter on Cycling Road.

Wanted to name her after one of the sets of twins from Puyo Puyo, but then I remembered that Doduo evolves into something with three heads instead of two. So I just thought of the first multi-headed character I could, and came up with Landia from Kirby.

...Expecting an image? Well, the one I found is glitched and I can't post it here for some reason. So screw it, look her up yourself.

...Oh no.

Remember how I keep saying I hate Gengar? This bloody route right here is where it all began. My first ever Nuzlocke was a randomizer run of the original Red.

This bastard kickstarted it. He had a Gengar, and I felt like I could take him on with my starter, a Blastoise (Yes, the randomizer turned one of the starters into a straight up Blastoise.) But no, it used Hypnosis and Confuse Ray to no end, and slowly but surely, it killed the Blastoise. It was my first ever time experiencing a misery inducing Starter Death, and by holding that honor, my hatred for it sprouted and grew like a plant.

Jacob... I'll have no mercy.

This was incredibly gratifying. Aquabowser... this one's for you.

Sweet! Fuschia City! We can get Strength soon!

Uh... sure?
I don't think we're getting Strength yet.
Guess not. Let's just move on.

It's a good thing I picked Kabuto, then. Omanyte isn't actually extinct.

Ah, the Safari Zone. Memories of going here multiple times trying fruitlessly to catch a Kangaskhan as a kid are just flooding back. Can't say they're happy memories, but indeed they're memories.

We have quite a few things of interest here. Firstly, the Pokémon themselves. The UCL guidelines give me two options here. The one I'll be picking is this one:
attempt to catch the first time you encounter in each area. If you take the later option and catch more than one Pokemon, you must choose one of the caught Pokemon and release the others.
So let's go see what we can get!

A Nidoran male for Area 1!

Gotcha!

You know what I'm going for with this name.

DINNER

Area 2 gives me Parasect! Pretty terrible for nuzlockes, but the Pokémon is one of my favies anyway.

Well, nevermind, then.

My encounter for Area 3 is an Exeggcute! I also failed to catch it, though.

And as my exquisite screenshot timing can show, I got the golden teeth.

And I got Surf too!

And my Area 4 encounter is Chansey. Of course I failed this one. *Sigh*

No I didn't. Unless one counts as a fair share.