• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has begun. Go shout from the rooftops about your favorite runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot [UCL3]Punk Rock - An Electric/Poison Duo-type Nuzlocke Extreme.

Thread Description
An Electric/Poison treck through all generations - 7/8 regions complete. Galar part 3 up.

Megurine Suika

The fool that runs towards the past
Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
dang, nice work with clay.

can't wait to see another tynamo in over a week of course

Once again, math and asking the caucus for advice wins the day. And now is over a week so here is the update.

haE2blc.png

I hate fun.

6w3fqDi.png
knLfOwQ.png

Evolutions! I changed up my team to be Magnezone/Scolipede/Weezing/Crobat/Amoongus/Eel, mostly to use new things. Then I learned the IVs suck, but I already grinded them so might as well. I am fully evolving eel once it has thunderbolt.

SU9wjca.png
9SOgRXA.png

Hello Skyla, wanna hear a joke?

Y0bwhWp.png
EUMtRDg.png

You just got swept by thundershock. Hilarious, I know.

mZHbeT9.png

Eel status: Ready to roll.

UcdF8Rv.png
KseREhR.png

Reversal Mountain catch. Had to kill all of Bianca's mons just to be sure.

G6RBnWT.png
vifDLWl.png

Why are you here, I just want to finish this thing, you are not even a threat!

wLepZvJ.png

It was me telling the plot to go away, wanna me to repeat?

M6xa1n2.png

Thanks for the exposition lady champion, can you please move? Less plot, more battling.

ajFfs5H.png

Here we go!

DP8WyCX.png
WggOGbx.png
7KpWeM5.png

He was surprisingly easy.

CbTHnsR.png

Oh no a whole city was frozen. Anyway, gotta finish the gyms.

pofUi0S.png

Going to beat Marlon or whatever his name is, you?

gVu8YOp.png

No time for talking, lets get to the action!

iHDVCGA.png
0fKesyJ.png

Yes I did fully Ev all of them. You not doing so just means you are incompetent, aren't you the strongest gym leader in Unova?

dZVpUFc.png

Anyway, we fought plasma a bunch, and now we fight a plasma guy with a banger theme.

FwHYLKx.png
xUZc08h.png

Yes, hidden power fighting and thunderbolt are the way.

htVqleb.png

N! Save me from this plot, take me away in your dragon!

Q4K7XQc.png

Well, it got 2 shot, and only hit me with resisted moves (Think it was dragonbreath, could have been dragon pulse).

GsxdVaC.png

Anyway now we have the guy with the less banger theme.

F1qvcZc.png
gGMlc12.png

He was still beaten up.

k2njzvz.png
UY8z1kf.png

I am not waiting, you don't even deserve a post-battle shot!

b81OYyY.png
uzefBgj.png

League time! My plan is to hit them over the head with the sheer bulk this team has.

gxCF8Xo.png
xuDsKSG.png
ALcNXZv.png

Okay, this one was closer than it had any right to be, but the next one will be easier.

JRVAr0t.png
ioDxTLB.png
iEEaIdJ.png

You know, taking the bare minimun of screenshots seemed like a good idea to get Unova done faster, but I don't remember how I almost lost my starter to burn damage. Still, I am sure the other ones will be better.

oJVzvMG.png
pr1IcFi.png

This one... I have no idea how easy or hard it was because I didn't take a post battle team shot. I remember eelektross being put to sleep and me having to bring magnezone in, but beyond that it was a sweep I guess.

RMgra9h.png
WlBKI4f.png

This one also lacks a post battle shot (can you tell I don't care for Unova and wanted it done?). I do remember being acrobatics with eelektross switching to kindasus when eel got too low.

URemR9U.png

Anyway, I have to beat a little girl.

MlZ8XuK.png
dzbTmbT.png
yAM29vM.png
dQuFIwo.png
2SELHMh.png
1SK9Qju.png
3AQLkXF.png

And beating a little girl we did. Focus sash on scolipede came in clutch.

8QEfPam.png
PpaCMLY.png
X1ddZCk.png
C1tUN7K.png
O0idVTt.png
TfyJMXa.png

Here are the winners.

LG7skYw.png

We are done. Next up, a break, then we go to Kalos again.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
I return from the void to present updates to the world again!

ZTd5t2p.png

Suika set!

CMT7i07.png

Settings ready!

972Fx8P.png

Lets go!

3rnImhP.png

I am not waiting girl, I have places to be.

1Veq2V3.png
vPVdFOs.png

Catches for the forest and the route after. As an aside, I really like the starting bit, with you walking through an area and your friends doing so in their own ways. I wish the game leaned more on the whole "you are part of a group" thing, instead later on you just get cutscenes with them and they are not even there with you when you move to the next area.

GmXsveK.png
SeUDzPE.png

Anyway, we have a gym after grinding. My strategy is zapping.

ogBpNmt.png
z5PCdGu.png

And Viola was zapped. I wonder if they designed the gym as it is on purpose to get people to use pikachu and notice the new cry.

36igJwU.png

New area, only 1 elegible catch, it is the boring part of type-lockes I guess, only 1 or 0 catchables mons in most places. It does add to the challenge, but it can also be a bit sad.

T8rjjyp.png

And then I walked back and forth and super trained so much it drained my will to play the game for a while.

vSF38P4.png

This, on the other hand, doesn't work. You can't "discover" a type like that. They did the same with steel/dark in gen 2, and it doesn't work there either. How do you "discover" you can't poison a magnemite or hit a clefairy with a draco meteor when you could do so say, a year ago? It would be a catclysmic change that would throw the world in disarray and change ecosystems completely, not a "haha we have a new type enjoy". I guess you can argue that it is a game it is not supposed to be serious, but then we have gen 5 plot, so you can't put the genie back in the bottle again.

2oFCGX2.png
UpuBJXO.png

There was no bulbasaur. Everything is a lie. (Story here is that the randomizer randomized this specific set of gift mons. I hacked a bulbasaur in myself and named it Eternity.)

0UZmasq.png

So I get to destroy balance of the force?

m5pwzgw.png

I mean, I don't hate lucario or anything, but I just want to catch my gulpin and be done with it. Gulpin is a mon I never used and I want to see what they are all about.

muAm81t.png
YVEcF1k.png

Woops I messed my catch and now didn't catch anything definitely didn't catch a different rat mon ahaha

TSdRAlk.png
SqulpKp.png

Venipede getto on the way to the castle thing. Named Kagerou, will name all my venipedes that this UCL, just because that was the name of my first one.

VAcAr3x.png

Yeah sure, that or it is a logic puzzle.

cRKnO6S.png
6R1FhgA.png

Two more catches! This rounds up my team as Skrelp/Pikachu/Beedrill/Roselia/Croagunk/Zubat. I plan on benching beedrill once it has fallen off in favour of Scolipede, but that is a way off.

KGvnUP8.png
iln3kLz.png

I got a helio. Never used one, maybe I should try it instead of raichu eventually. Raichu movepool is pretty ass after all.

xmFIXf8.png

You know, having played all gens due to UCL and whatnot, it really makes me think of what makes a good or a bad evil team, and I think Rocket and Flare are the best ones. Rockets are super organic, they are the mafia, but with pokemon. Flare are less organic, but as said here, they are not out to make themselves happy, they are out to make ONLY themselves happy, so everyone else is screwed. There is no faffling or questions of whether or not to stomp them into the dirt. Then later when you learn that, Lysandre wants to destroy the world and start from scratch with people that gave him, personally, 10 million, it makes it even worse. The game tries to pretend there is some morality or something, but it makes no sense, they are just bad to exist and good to stomp.

yrVixU9.png
SFGWoxK.png

And then I got a emolga instead of electrike. I am kinda sad, because I liked manectric, even if it only had 2 moves.

3GDRsEc.png
uCS5k5Z.png

On a twist of fate, I grinded everyone to 25 but zubat didn't become crobat. When I checked the file, I was 1(one) happiness off. It doesn't matter that much because rock gym, but still. I did learn that my pikachu has 0 IVs in both speed and special attack, so that is less nice.

21pschw.png
0hW0nBQ.png

A fighting move against a ice/rock mon is kinda cheating. But I am going for the coveted 0 death run, so lets do that.

5V3WolL.png
osYbLLw.png

Because I almost kill my mons with really slim calcs? (if lucario rolled max damage with the swords dance boosted feint it would KO Medicine here.)

rONAFeT.png
PqTWkmn.png

You don't need to check in, there are roadblocks in place so I never go off the rails at all. Also, my catch sucks yet again.

OcFiiTk.png

Time for the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny where everything is on the line and the right to megaevolution will be decided!

1lPWDpx.png

You did do 80% of my beedril while it setup swords dance then swept, so you have that going for you which is nice.

SCRGiyT.png
oTpzBcd.png

I have no idea why I didn't take any pics for Korrina, but she didn't do significant damage, the only attacks she got to do where rock tomb and flying press, both of which missed. It was very meh.

And that is all for today.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
NIHANsl.png

Last time we beat Korrina, so this time we do it again in a scripted(ish) battle.

A3PD8ni.png

Sorry, you are not poison, electric or shiny.

XiT5GI2.png
zVzFJo6.png

Catch.

MiKOjWd.png

Close calls this update: 1.

AAiozfH.png

Mood.

wzqnHCB.png
idlxhmn.png

And even more catch.

dWPhBH2.png

Close calls: 2.

CiU0zho.png
10P91Hl.png
KY0ecQp.png

It was a grass type gym with subpar coverage against poison types.

FgiDy1s.png

Anyway, I saved the power plant I guess? Full restores are nice, save some trips to the pokecenter.

wDnTrtM.png

I found it notable that the bit much later on is actually foreshadowed. That is a nice piece of writing.

gpjQmxJ.png
bbc2kuV.png
bLlSrqR.png

Someone on discord reminded me physical raichu is legit with dig/brick break, so I was able to deal with the gym easily.

X4GGIy1.png

Fun fact: if you think of genocide as "cleaning filthy" you should go see a therapist. And a psychiatrist.

9aa8HX9.png

Also, don't go so full late stage capitalism you want to be rich after ending the world.

sg0pitM.png

Close calls: 3.

wGZt5Fn.png

Scratch that, close calls: 5, counting everytime something falls into red but a damage roll could have made a kill.

oThD7j7.png
vVHNqql.png

Catch. Fuck Seiga.

iZ6E0bx.png
4nVjE1I.png

Now, I am evolving things, but I will keep Croagunk till it learns belch, so I can have it 1 gym earlier.

jUPYz8m.png

Yeah, I would rather overthrow your plans, it nets me money.

YHgY0Au.png
szYe9bq.png
r4PAhxa.png

But before we can do that we beat a fairy gym with poison types, mawile or not it is cake.

HUb7TYv.png

Now, beedrill is underwhelming by this point and I already used riachu in kanto, so I am switching those out. For heliolisk and scolipede because I never used helio and scolipede best girl.

HaM5Uqe.png
vy62POl.png

And then I took 1 month to grind because what is XY no exp. share no hordes grinding.

pIjZtnJ.png

Look at me, I am the president now.

eMDa7yl.png
ebZtFir.png

Catch, never using one again, they kinda suck.

JObByPu.png

Boss.

TG6tkGV.png
A6JxBak.png

Catch, also never using because kinda suck.

svVDkcY.png

Not really, they don't get custom movesets or anything.

2N4pOQO.png
92zRJWi.png

Finally, now I can properly vomit on people.

N5NN0Wv.png

Close calls: 6.

NRr3lkS.png
YtRlYU1.png
AgWQ3Y7.png

Megahorn kinda busted NGL.

8Lq4JD5.png

Attention everyone: I will now kill you all. Please don't do anything now that you have everything that exists on stake.

kzRDbnj.png

Drag time.

g6fX8m1.png
D9A63n2.png

"Check this out, this one guy decided to nuke the world because he lost a mon that he revived, so I am going to do the same dispitenot losing anything, please don't stop me kthx"

oILn5VP.png
oTIzQv8.png

If you were truly sorry, you wouldn't purposefully the world.

HM9dfSS.png

This is still as dumb as I remember. I know friendship is the hteme of Kalos, but come on.

3GcT7A2.png

Pog, the pokemon of death!

BXxnuKB.png
1Znx8gq.png
5mA4MWR.png

The strat now is literally nasty plot on turn 1, don't get OHKO'd, eat sitrus berry then sweep with belch. Worked here.

UMAFR0q.png

Still, since I am a dumbass, Medicine was not on the lead so I had to improvise with iron defense baton pass. Close call count: 8. Or at least I think so, what is checking back.

jNgHyg5.png
FOI8RQJ.png

Catch. Mike tights.

uZpoJk3.png
1o3NxFW.png

N is wrong BTW.

VJHXEpA.png
mimUuhF.png
XiSeFTU.png

Vomit gang rise up!

ByzpC7U.png

I am 100% sure genocide is never right. And I say this as someone on the burn everything to the ground camp.

6Rje2U5.png

Time to end this. Whole team is ready.

7iI8LLU.png

First is fire.

WX4p9Fj.png

It rains. It pours.

dnA4DZW.png
nPoRhuf.png
A1EJAcZ.png

Weatherball and surf (roserade never outspeeds that talonflame) sweep the team.

0rlmWDH.png

No deaths here.

WjvQRyC.png
XpqR8zc.png

Next up, steel!

y2jS0pC.png
nrvn56Q.png

Turns out, setting spikes twice while I sword dance is not wise.

5tV78Nb.png
6oIbZgn.png

The berry puts me out of bullet punch range, and I can sweep everything else, since earthquacke is not contact so king's shield doesn't screw me over.

lgkPJMe.png

2 done. I need to remember to take pictures of the HP.

VGfhnzC.png

Water tiem.

jZWLtgM.png
GsYDDig.png

Thunderbolt and grass knot kill everything in onehit, moving on.

AKvggzS.png

Drag tiem drag tiem.

bUHKVvj.png

We start with draco meteor for the juice OHKO. Timid makes me outspeed, so it finally came in clutch.

S8IjxuL.png

And then I switch in the sweeper only to get slept on.

PYW25lF.png
o44zx8z.png

It setup defense twice instead of attacking me because it lacked critical information.

892PGbm.png
xGB55Kg.png

I just love the idea of Medicine eating a berry while thinking of a nasty plot, and the plot being "vomit all over them". It is hysterical.

mp7rUut.png

All 4 gone, time for the champ.

3LTBtKv.png

Lets finish this.

imohDtw.png
TXtKfZj.png

One nasty plot vs one flying press. So I can setup again, eat a berry, then oneshot everything with belch. Not even goodra can resist.

Jw76qV3.png

The AI outplays me by going for a swords dance. Now I need to kill it before it kills me. Hopefully +4 sludge bomb is enough (it is not, and I can't risk focus miss to kill goodra)

870639n.png
B0x6Xkq.png
pXl5z3z.png

Tyrantum is OHKO by sludge, but I go for focus miss on aurorus (and miss once, as god intended) because I can tank a blizzard and eat a berry. The ai, dispite seeing +4 sp.atk, sets up reflect, and the second focus miss hits, so 3 down, but I am still without belch.

g0MTHAN.png

Now, I can't afford to miss here. If fire blast kills me (it is a damage roll) I need the free turn from the healing to actually kill goodra, so I go for sludge bomb and pray for the best.

GKU0Qn5.png
xI0ivHp.png

Fire blast rolls low, and sludge bomb deals max damage plus poison, so now I have belch but don't need it anymore (gourgiest and gardevoir are outsped OHKO by sludge bomb).

Je3o3Lv.png
fbPFEna.png
YKrv6cp.png

And with that ladies and gentleman, we got them! Close calls: 9. You can't see it, but toxicroak was in the red after the fireblast. It ate a berry so it was K.

zgsQFXU.png
WjhmWhP.png
61gH5E5.png
2UEOtto.png
X5e6pcU.png
rtKTMD5.png
WAvEIDW.png

Next up: A 2 month-ish break because I am doing Nuzlocke Survivor Johto now. Can be found here.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
Vb8gDfU.png

E0dpcfJ.png

Always has been.

NNNQUWQ.png
YRU269d.png

Once again crowdsourcing my starter, got qwilfish, rng'd who to replace and rng'd torchic, so now I will have a rival with mudkip line.

4CXaPbA.png
iFSt8sZ.png

I don't think it is that amazing, Brendan is so bad at the game Willy comes up as the rival later.

R8Up4ql.png
R2GNfIH.png

First Wurmple actually was a dustox, so no need to spend a lifetime grinding for one.

8Fqc1rr.png

I also got this illegal thing and turned it off.

cSCFpTK.png
fTbDUuj.png

Anyway, time to school some teachers.

SGaGbJ3.png

Sturdy on the first one, the other 2 get it broken by spikes.

fsve1c1.png

Nitori sweep.

9v2htgu.png

Badge.

K7e9qX3.png

Birb saved.

bLJ9QwS.png

Old rod! Now I can fish for tentacools!

Xf18KBH.png
bncRIyD.png

WTF 2 Nitori?

R8cRalH.png
vDIycGV.png

Zubat 6/7, if I get 7 zubats to hall of fame alive, my starter in SwSh will be a zubat.

OjrIRJp.png
bIBSRXx.png

Anyway, Brawly.

jcaKPHD.png
fUmWhp8.png

Cake, I still had dustox on the back in case anything happened.

Xdbd5Qr.png

Anyway, saw some art, good stuff.

qbXewLA.png
v7EZeSB.png

Got an oddish. On one hand, it is not a minus/plusle, but on another hand at this rate I will end up rocking 6 poison types all the way, which would be less than idea at some points.

8V28aKE.png
DcGxs5D.png

Had some close calls while making my way to Maville.

yv3qra7.png

Saw a marshtomp-bot explode. This is bide, but it looks so uncanny like that.

1F8g0tn.png

Wattson time, I know I am underleveled and not doing super training, but I want to see if I can finish this and Alola before the end of the year, so I can play SwSh at a new year, so gotta go fast.

glhXgOR.png
3oyZJxa.png

Anyway, my strategy here is to abuse the ai a bit. It will always go for paralysis with the magnemite unless the target is already paralyzed, so with a cheri berry and making the calc to know for sure we always survive a non-crit volt switch, we can have 3 layers of spikes and then abuse the ai spamming volt switch with an electric resist in oddish and moonlight dustox to stall it out. Couple that with struggle bug reducing sp.atk for safer tanking, and I should be fine.

aMljTyK.png

What actually happened is that magneton used supersonic 5 times in a row, missed all 5, and got crit ko'd without being healed. Supersonic: 45% of the time, it misses everytime.

x3XBS90.png
7643gUQ.png

I did get the spike Ko on magnemite, so it was funny. Now to keep spikes for the whole game without it having meaningful use even one more time!

bewwYx5.png

Not pictured: I switched oddish around for that resisted hit, so it got enough exp to get to level 21 after the battle!

qMfblBX.png
DJOQSQj.png

I didn't take a pre-battle picture, but everything was 18 and oddish was 20. I am running underleveled all the way except maybe for e4, and even that is up in the air.

7QBCT4R.png

No longer 2 Nitori, as it turns out when you take a 2 month break between first and second gym, you forget some details like starter name.

UqHQLPt.png
ZneIAgz.png

Fiery path catch! Named medicine, but is not on my team ATM because I have an HM maril since nothing on my team can learn rock smash, and grimer also can't, while muk can, so I will be waiting for level 38 which is... Tate and Lisa, so it will be a while.

8qy6CKx.png

Stranger danger!

uhisctX.png

I got crobat finally, on my way to beat Aqua.

zay2Cfq.png

Later, right now I am staying at this old lady house and she keeps asking me to rest and eat one more cupcake, so I will do just that.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
3xuKeMn.png

First encounter is a skarmory, because of course it is.

M38WgBL.png

Better than Team This or That.

z1yE8kB.png
Y7DSo88.png

Actual legal catch.

tKALSNU.png

And since it can learn both rock smash and strenght, marill is permaboxxed (instead of released in case of deaths).

VJLaNXZ.png

You are part of a team bent on changing the very landscape of the world, why would you ever go easy?

aXAoJaR.png

So before you were going easy, now I have upped my game by... 2 levels?

R1Ki4iv.png
lgg3nbZ.png

The duality of man.

MBYQxAf.png

"You just beat me and took my money, luckly I have a couple revives, 90 rare candies, and a megastone I have been saving just for an eventuality."

5arnPWh.png

"Sike, catcha later." -Archie probably

SgnB05t.png

I am posting this here for the future.

rJClq3f.png
UTQlRdq.png

Time to beat Flannery. I have a plan.

K4KLx0F.png
PFc89Gq.png

Step 1, setup spikes and toxic spikes.

QQoxUFT.png

Step 2, kill slugma while sun is up, but light screen is down. Then I have a chlorophyll gloom ready to kill everything with venoshock. 2 can play the 130BP move game.

JTIBniG.png

Torkoal is oneshot because my gloom is goated.

JlD4eSR.png
mfjsbeS.png

It also survived a sun powered overheat by numel, because gloom = goat. (I also finished the numel off with mega drain to gain a bit more health, but I survived the overheat on the single digits.)

Ty8MstU.png

Is there an achievment for sweeping Flannery with a grass type?

17CcRCS.png

Anyway, my plan for Norman is the same as Flannery.

nVGSQcg.png
J3gFNXx.png

With some adjustments of course. I need a chesto to have 4 turns before falling asleep to yawn, so I get 3 spikes and 1 toxic spikes.

EuUAi5E.png

The first slaking is taken out with acid spray into venoshock.

KC9dbLD.png

The vigoroth is overkilled by a mile with a crit.

4KYCtzK.png

And the second slaking, getting a turn it uses for swagger instead of retaliate because the AI hates winning and loves bailing me out. At least Flannery pressed overheat even if it didn't kill.

d0SKfYv.png
gfMGiNQ.png

Either way, Norman is beaten.

u0BP3sP.png
I1p3TmZ.png

I love Wally, he is the best rival. Agree or disagree?

Xcajfz9.png

Better, I will only raise pokemons of a type I RNG'd.

kYaIlyC.png
kdRNpys.png

OwO.

OUMLQLf.png

Latias is going to prison for the crimes of being a pink dragon or something, idk.

gx0CrdJ.png
AVzrshT.png

Now, actual catch, naming it Kagerou because I want to use it and there is no scolipede to be had here. Dustox going to the box due to lack of both power and defense.

6U4TIfy.png
OJR6Ppx.png

Please tell me it is not the Gloaming.

okJsGua.png
WU0bxcw.png

I will sieze the legendary for myself and rule the world, except it is not poison or electric so I will permabox it instead.

EYT0BA2.png
ZEuNkNm.png

Sheesh? Decent? You are cringe bro.

ga0FnXh.png

Top 5 stones Steven loves!!!! You won't believe the 1st one!! [Not clickbait]

bBSnoRn.png

You have my attention.

vh8Phab.png

Now you have my interest.

edvlIi3.png

And then once I was on this screen, I noticed that if altaria presses dragon dance twice, I have nothing to stop her from sweeping. I am sure it will be fine right?

qiXjCPf.png

So, I killed swellow but it got a hit in, and now I am against altaria. EQ OHKO's, so I need to switch, so it can safely press dragon dance twice and I am done for. My only shot is bringing in gloom, putting it to sleep, and hoping I roll long sleep and can kill it fast enough.

UK2ghcZ.png

What actually happened is that she used cotton guard twice (???) got hit by a crit sludge bomb, then switched to skarmory (Natural cure heals the sleep and skarm is immune to sleep powder.). Then I bring in Kagerou, kill skarmory with electric, and once again I stare at altaria, but it is low so I press discharge until it is paralyzed while it roosts. Paralyzed, it is a lot more doable to kill it even if it actually decides to press dragon dance.

qS4EbYo.png

It dies to gloom, and never actually presses dragon dance. I really should count all the times the AI bails me.

jIyxx1Y.png
bNK7cg3.png

Either way badge got.

wnbiRMv.png

Here is the team. Zubat went in against altaria the second time around to deal some damage, but it used cotton guard twice then dragon breath crit with paralysis on top, so that is a mood. Either way, that is done, and I would like to thank Moonlight for being reliable recovery I needed on these battles. Next up, hopefully the rest of hoenn.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
tb2Wwqb.png

We start with the last evolution. Which means now we get barely any good moves till the end and will just speed through things.

vhHuojX.png

Also, this fool got bodied. I don't get why ORAS tries so hard to shove the rival down your throat, that he HAS to have a say when he is a 4th-grade battler with a 5th-grade team, and his first impression is saying he expected a guy when he heard "Kid of a Gym Leader", so I don't see a reedeming feature. He is not even fun to destroy 6-0 because he just quits instead of always falling short.

DtWHsfC.png
6K1VCv2.png

I took a lot of pictures in Mt. Pyre, have a huge rant about letting go lined up.

QnchwAy.png
M6uGdib.png

Like, it is okay to forget. It is okay to let everything they represented die. It is okay to move on from that and never come back. It is not healthy to pin after the past so strongly everything you do relates to that one person, or moment, or idea, or failure, or success. The past exists in a space we can't interact, and that much is a fact, so you need to just let go of everything there, learn what you can, and focus on what you can actually do. Mourning is natural, but being afraid of moving on is not. Cry your tears, but don't keep coming back.

tZ0B1pp.png

And there is this motherfuck that thinks money=love. Money is a fiat currency, throwing it away in things they can't appreciate doesn't mean much.

paGrcOy.png

Anyway Team Something or Other is announcing their grand theft auto to the world.

z9X5AV1.png
OdxC70V.png

They sure are helpful.

0fSMULJ.png

The most difficult decision: What to drink. I relate with you, Aqua Grunt.

o5Lp5Km.png
6NT26YA.png

I also got an Yin-Yang Orb at the hideout, Team Aqua sure love good loot.

iRdG9w7.png

They are looking to pierce the heavens.

ysQlwOr.png

Find a bro that loves you like Matt loves Archie.

nBaPC17.png
QM6NkKe.png

Was cake, surf + bite ko'd the moon, and then I switched Yuuka to finish with grass because sun was up and might as well.

uSjvhAy.png

So yeah, it was cake.

pp6cWqn.png

Anyway, time to beat this guy.

uPHSKuw.png
7jqU5Mn.png

That was scary, but acrobatics won the day. Thankfully even mega, sharpedo is pretty squishy.

iwj5nic.png

I really like how Archie appreciates a good hero. He knows what he is doing is something people oppose, and he doesn't blame them. After all, he is doing it because he lost one mon at some time and has been fixated in making the world a world where all mons can live.

sd56nos.png

That said, I really dislike the plotline itself. You have this team that you fight, you always win but they stall you out while getting small things until they finally win, and then sike, messing with environment is bad, go save the day.

tC2SKrZ.png

And this here is why having a plot sucks in this kinda game. Steven is the champion, so he should be able to just stop this nonsense. But instead he is just ~~busy~~ so you have to do that, and he does nothing but tell you where to go. It makes you feel bad because you are being told where to go and jerked around, and it makes him seem bad because he never gets anything done but at the same time knows exactly what needs to be done.

Lz6I8VO.png

And this one doesn't go away. Just go away, I don't like you.

ayAdgon.png
oTZxGOs.png

Anyway Kyogre got Thunder'd twice and didn't get a move in because it was paralyzed. I was holding an absorb bulb so I could take 1 hit, but still. Altough maybe absorb bulb doesn't make you not take damage from the water move, so I could still have died. Either way, crisis averted.

Dga4i4f.png
TZWaZO8.png

Anyway, my plan for wallace is to setup spikes and toxic spikes and then kill everything with electric or grass.

b72mHdx.png
4iOpeAG.png

I grassed him good, but in the end ran out of PP so used electric.

eDZrthh.png

Anyway, now I have a physical water STAB for my starter, just as he finally learned one naturally.

DIln5T4.png

I like the detail that Wally has been smashing everyone, I really need to track down when he shows having beaten everyone.

RPDyvxz.png
BxMEJe3.png

Anyway I did some sidequesting to get ice beam and thunderbolt, which means I also get Raiko here. I am not feeling like using my reserves anyway so enjoy the box

Jz43g1w.png

Now let me just beat everyone really quick, then grind what, 60 levels over all my mons (I expect to be level 49 when I run out of content and the cap is 59) and be done with this.

bRNT4tY.png

I like Wally.

zD3WngL.png
2T7dPQK.png

He is however cake, even without shedinja. Sorry.

A2Sl6ZE.png

See, Wally even gets the rival thing better, keep going buddy you going places.

qHp7I3J.png
qGmD1Ng.png

Anyway, I grinded for roughly 53 levels and used candies to finish it off, and now am ready to win it all.

dseNV7X.png
mSSL6Sh.png

This guy got fire+electric oneshot.

yMB4Ake.png
fvWzKZq.png

The highlight of this one was that dusclops used curse to kill itself, which meant I had to have tentacruel sweep the rest, only for dusknoir to come with thunderpunch but lightingrod meant I could get manectric to finish the job.

0dz03N2.png

This one was an actual battle!

wG9LQxV.png

First, I forgot to change magnet for charcoal, so I lacked damage to kill glaile before it setup light screen.

BB6qasL.png

That meant hail was also up, and blizzard froze me.

3CjLTgp.png

This meant I had to improvise the rest of the battle and it got close way too often.

ZuagR5G.png
1bZRXVn.png

The aesop here is: Double check your held items.

oT9IUgT.png

This guy was easier, because I put a nevermeltice

UwEr24x.png
W82UKRj.png

Everything other than Kingdra was OHKO'd by ice beam, and kingdra was 2hko'd by sludge wave while that damage is from 2 dragon pulses, so you know, cake.

7iJwTfP.png

Time for the finale.

8Uledd0.png

There is no way I full wipe here to metagross right? It is not as if I have 5 poison types and 1 electric.

4qFyWpR.png

Okay, so Skarmory gets 1 layer of spikes down before being shocked (opened battle with manectric), and I pivot in vileplume to put aggron to sleep so I can put in 1 layer of spike too, because I need spikes + sun + overheat to be able to oneshot megagross and not lose. The end result is that vileplume is at red health (nasty crit on switch in) and so is qwilfish. But 2 mons are down so it can be fine.

R8sIfzr.png

Claydol is not OHKO'd by hydro pump however, so I am stuck with using crobat for the next mon due to light screen, then switch to seviper, setup sun, switch in manectric, and burn it all down under the sun for a clean win.

Z1NiDkY.png

Crobat killed cradily, but got heavily injured in the process, and so did snake after setting up the sun, and now I remember that I didn't give white herb to manectric, so I can't use overheat, so armaldo gets x-scissors out, so now I am at 3hp and metagross will come in, press bullet punch, then zen headbutt 5 times and I am wiped. There is no way for me to win, because crobat and tentacruel can outspeed but can't deal damage, and vileplume can outspeed under the sun and sleep it, but is within range of bullet punch.

It was nice having a perfect run while it lasted, see you when I finish rebuilding, I think there may be other legal catches that show up after kyogre dies and all.

JH2dhRT.png

Or the AI can not press bullet punch and bail me out once again.

Why is the ai so bad? Why can't it see a 3hp mon and press a priority move? Is that hard? Is this frustration I feel towards the AI the same people good at online battle feel toward me?

djgu8Eb.png

You hurt yourself in confusion bro.

tfR9bsz.png

YES I DID I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP YOU DIDN'T SAVE THE WORLD YOU DIDN'T FIGHT ME ALL THE WAY YOU ARE JUST A BAD RIVAL GO AWAY NOW PLEASE

SzYIlnd.png
TklBJP8.png
z0nBpOh.png
wvwoTvF.png
v08RABq.png
RVXpi1A.png

Anyway, here is the team.

S82ooCV.png

Here is the win. Still deathless because of dumb ai really. Maybe the gen 7 ai with actual EVs will not suck so much right?

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
LcqCRmG.png

Oh sorry, I have to update yes.

m3veHDb.png

Settings done.

E7zPX7K.png
4On8tyF.png

Wait, that doesn't look like a salandit.

0bnFKFh.png

Is it a litten or a salandit?

PmNh25c.png

It is salandit. (Not pictured: Me spending one and a half hour to get a female one.)

xpIPQvM.png

I will keep a salandit erasure count for everytime the game says I have a litten.

iVPafCh.png

Hey look, you can see the HP under the message box, so now I can take better screenshots without taking better screenshots! The power of science is fascinating.

PSB9xN6.png

Salandit erasure count: 2.

HKM8Kl1.png
gmp9pry.png

First catch! It is Wriggle! Gonna be honest, I was hoping for a pichu, alolan raichu is rad, and vikavolt takes a long time to show up (altough it is less in USUM than in SuMo)

6tPjNV1.png

He got a pichu, so I had to end him super fast.

W0uPNwM.png

And lets keep a close call count too, why not.

wKVfkoQ.png

Salandit erasure count: 3.

MFNPTQN.png
snZwKJ0.png

Magnemite is huge for the upcoming water starter fight.

8BsgQq9.png

Close call count: 2.

8XuXXDl.png

Oh no, Lillie is disapointed on me, the darkest timeline.

3u0C1UN.png

Salandit erasure count: 4.

OjgD6Qo.png

I have a magnemite, it is not THAT sensational. That being said I like the base idea here of challenging you with a starter of a different type, with encounters that are effective but not in the expected way (you have wingull for fire and grass, and magnemite/pichu for water, but mostly you are using neutral moves to make it work, showing the depth of the battling.)

bdz10ds.png

I want to get a whiff of Taurus mane - Some breeder in XY

UoqkuhC.png

Close call count: 3. Now I get what you are thinking, this is not really a close call, but as it happens, water gun with a high roll is a KO here. What happened was that I thundershocked, it paralyzed, Ilma used a full heal, so I get another thundershock in and it paralyzes *again* so I get to move first and finish it off. Plan B was to have Wriggle vice grip it.

qytXRYT.png
075QZ8h.png

City catch! It is Medicine. I think a psychic immunity is super good with so many poison types, so I hope we go all the way.

rdH0kxs.png
AatIu0V.png

Snek. Arbok was underwhelming before, but now it has coil so it will be fine right? What do you mean coil is the second to last move it gets?

FlNcIEv.png

Anyway, Trial time!

ZXxIVjn.png

I would like to say I had a super cool plan where I use only Okuu on the trial to get it to level 13 so it has dragon rage to oneshot the totem, but what actually happened is that it was in the lead so I could run from wild pokemon to not overlevel, and I forgot to change it after entering the cave it leveled off the first rattata and I got the most broken move you can have this early on.

qkjn71e.png

Imagine being named A and B, life is pain for team skull. On a more serious note, I really like that team skull is played mostly for jokes, it works better than taking the evil team super serious when they are goofy, or trying to make them reasonable when every character says they are unreasonable.

DtB5zk6.png

Anyway, here is the team. Raiko gained a level too, because I thought it would be sonic boom, but it wasn't. I should have just looked up, but I want to rush along as possible

tbEbUF6.png
HdiccKq.png

Anyway totem got outsped and OHKO'd with dragon rage. What a balanced early game move.

ag11nKi.png

Now I have the power to use a bunch of z-status moves.

2e8kgwo.png

Is it? Society only really works when everyone does their part.

l7refSD.png
v2g5pmx.png

Verdant cave catch! Now I can go back to the cemetery and have a guaranteed ghost! Also caught her in a premier ball because I have really been liking the zubat line this challenge, and this one is 7 out of 8. If she goes all the way, my starter in gen 8 will be a zubat.

mWMzVmL.png
MaVdYZO.png

Yuyuko aquired. Now I just need to decide if I want to box something for gengar, or rock my current team for as long as I can.

Either way, this is it for this update, I am limiting myself to posting one every 100 screenshots maximun. Next up, Hala and a new island.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
AZ0jGhP.png

We start with close call counter = 4. I don't remember how exactly it got so close, but I assume it is me doing the thing where I try to always use the lowest level mon to funnel exp to it, instead of grinding, to save some time. It is not great, but it is a bad habit by now.

p39dlQz.png
U6dGFyB.png

I got some food doe, so that is nice. I tried using one of those back in UCL2, and I don't want to repeat the experience.

F8QRWmd.png
CMJGCGZ.png

I also got roost, and it didn't get close.

Vsqifd9.png

Now, time to beat hala. The trick to beat hala is to never give him a fighting neutrality, because if you do power-up punch damage increase means eventually he can oneshot everything you have. My strat is going to be "press dragon-rage 6 times."

YCBG6n2.png

Unless of course, one sand attack makes me miss a bunch of times, and then I get into pursuit range, so time for plan B.

iqzYXez.png
TpY5zUX.png

Aka glare it and go for a slugfest (not shown, zubat going in to kill hariyama, then supersonic the crabrawler so Hala would waste his full heal.)

M6dBPoY.png

Now, for my next trick, I will switch out and pray for RNG to paralyze the crabrawler so I don't lose a mon.

wjA8y6r.png
PMPUONc.png

RNG not only answered my prayers, it made crabrawler not move at all till it died 3 turns later.

WKGp4j4.png

I did the thing.

gqElwfl.png

Why does the game auto heal so often like jesus. There was not even anyone saying "I will heal you" it just does.

WaCaDEs.png

Anyway we going to Akala.

znt0U4U.png

For example, I was pretty low here, but Malasada man healed me before the fight.

sCc5V9U.png
u1GsPDG.png

Then he showed his true ability by using a resisted z-move on turn 1. I didn't bait and switch or anything, he saw a magnemite and said "Normal move go". He doesn't have anything better, but it is still pretty grating.

dl1Feh0.png

Eevee egg I will never use short of a full wipe.

Roj7FG9.png
f9UpFXM.png

Sheep.

nPlY88y.png
1lckGWJ.png

Gladion is edgy.

1bDEOlX.png

And I almost got cut on it. Close call count: 7.

nV8eSnI.png

I also fought this guy that has level 24 mons because ????. He was cake because dark type, but still.

pPlc2sG.png
h9TrxcC.png

No time like the present.

0sdgFr7.png

My strat is to funnel all exp into zubat so it becomes crobat and I can z-move oneshot first turn.

X43vKfa.png

Turns out, even with the rare candy you get at the entrance, it is not enough for level 23, just 22. Unless you farm the third lake mons, since they always SOS and it always works, but even if it is allowed by the rules, I didn't go for it because it felt TOO cheesy.

CSwnQ8R.png

Time to see if golbat can hack it.

qlwPO2T.png

Best bat. 2 oneshots in 2 trials.

568p3um.png
noB7kvS.png

That is it for this update. Next up, hopefully rest of Akala.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
DI571yu.png
dVsJ3vU.png

Obligatory.

RGtsfhw.png

I like how over the top edgy Gladion is. In general, I like a lot of the talking characters in Alola, like Hau, Lillie and Gladion. Which is good, because I don't think you can stand the game without liking the character, you can't walk to the tall grass before hittin 2 hours worth of cutscenes.

plKmsP5.png
jXo34Bn.png

Some evos before the trial.

HAEwiIC.png
EYuznjn.png

Fun fact: I have never not lost something to this trial. Salazzle or Marowak, they pack too much punch this early.

T5xzAkL.png

Anyway, my plan here is to z-sleep talk and have a 66% chance to blackhole eclipse. As long as the first turn isn't detect and I win the dice roll I can maybe do it.

vkEXs6b.png
u5zViJ1.png

e

JNemjSU.png

This means I need a sacrifice to get a free turn to get Okuu in. Dragon rage twice kills salazzle, and Scarlet can go for the slug fest with marowak at -1 due to Kanako intimidate.

IxuNfFz.png

That worked, it spent the second turn using torment but I still could dragon rage, so I guess torment is not like taunt in that it can cancel your turn.

J9iRX95.png

Time for the slugfest.

BuxYpca.png

And then bite gets disabled by cursed body when I am at 3hp.

gbcLztw.png

Thankfully it didn't matter.

8MwSMYA.png
crklTue.png

Close calls count: 9. Death Count: 1. I am sorry Kanako, but someone had to bite it here, and you at least could intimidate.

fXaYiVw.png
IaygMmo.png

Time to get Jolteon.

akVHZZT.png

They are a last resort thing for me.

nERb6uj.png
PbouDBd.png

Catch, I could use it, but it is illuminate adamant, and I already used one of those.

FwWauLD.png
6WuGYUb.png

Now, on my first alola run, I was super rusty on pokemon in general, and doing a blind nuzlocke, so I fully wiped to Kiawe (this was Moon). Then, everything I tried to grind died on grinding accidents until I was out of mons, except for one: The eevee egg you get at the Ranch. I hatch it, name it Hope. It has run away so I ran away all the way back to route 1 and grind it up, evolve it into flareon, and am able to beat Kiawe trial. It goes all the way. I always name this eevee from this egg Hope because of it. Since this is touhou themed, it is named Kokoro instead. It will be a Jolteon this time around, but it will be awesome either way. Anyway, story time is over, trial time is now.

3QsyIVG.png
oy17TCU.png

The plan is that Scarlet has a 90% chance to OHKO with Supersonic Skystrike.

YZK3QtH.png
GJKwXaP.png

With obligatory fighting 1 enemy to have that extra bit of exp to hit one extra level.

qIaHs9T.png
PTSIk1S.png

I rolled minimun damage.

pVVnUM8.png
kxIJNJT.png

It is okay, crit cross poison solves it. Trial done.

yXHMdZf.png

Now we need to go get a thunderstone from looker.

nFMgnCy.png
y1mtHPC.png

Got it, time to go deal with Plumeria and Olivia.

mRv874k.png
SujJfRF.png

First half done.

RDJCcel.png

You can actually say no! Sure, you can't actually move the plot forward, but you can choose no and not do the thing. I guess it is more akin to choosing when to battle the gym.

99TZ38I.png
xVJ3rqL.png

Anyway, berries and held items equiped, time to see if I can do it deathless when my best move is mirror shot, and my second best is... dragon rage.

sVwJqe0.png

Anorith down. Close call counts: 10.

34MJDiS.png
FYbGqMU.png

Chesto Rest Talk deals with lileep, and now time for the strat.

kL9vprd.png
VArUsEg.png

Now, for some reason, the AI will only ever use the move it can z-power as z-power if it will KO, otherwise it will go for whatever other move it has. In this case, lycanroc will use bite, even against a dark-type, until it is in range of the z-move. What this means is that I can bring Scarlet in, get bitten, then roost, lose the flying type, then tank the z-move, and move on with my life.

JFEryOE.png
r71gvzM.png

Which may or may not mean "almost full wipe because STAB rock tomb hurts still". Close calls count: 12 (Raiko survived with a roll, mirror shot lowered lycanroc accuracy, which meant lycanroc missed its second bite on Okuu so it died to dragon rage. But at least the AI pressed the right moves, so it has that going for them which is nice). Next time, Aether paradise introduction and beyond.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
xzSvQky.png
5AsMC4u.png

Close call count: 13.

LRh1UQg.png

Obligatory malasada apreciation post.

BZOsj9T.png

Anyway, time to ride to some challenges

7mz5C8y.png

This here is the perfect example of how much liking something can impact your reaction. Objectively, you are hit with a random ass cutscene because you went to grab a cup of coffee. I personally like it, however, because I like stating that yes, the nurses are in fact people.

orSXZSg.png
464djCv.png

Close call count: 18. When everything seems lost, Scarlet is the one to save it all.

Pduj34t.png
2rrcHtH.png

Obligatory heal after obligatory evolution.

Vqe0Qjo.png

Evo at Mount whatsitsname.

XABgzzv.png
aSR34hs.png

Catch there. As you may notice, I am not getting catches in any area I can afford not to, because I want to be done quick and won't go off the beaten path to walk back and forth in the grass until an elegible mon shows up. If I get another death I will get the catches, but unless that happen I am rocking these 6 I have.

7EPDUFZ.png

Trial begins.

GA0CGxc.png
obG8F8Q.png

I forgot to take the picture before the trial started, but Okuu evolved by being at the front of the party.

k5vphQN.png

Either way, time to end this totem.

9HRR8hs.png
lDbduLG.png

First, Nasty plot.

diLC7xd.png
Cc0jbRP.png

Then, OHKO city (skarmory is actually a 2hko because of sturdy, but still.)

e6RgSZc.png

Trial done.

tDsZx7L.png

Guzma good.

PIVyGCl.png
tSREQdT.png

Guzma was... surprisingly easy. Scarlet could 3hko golisopod, so I attack twice, it gets out with emergency exit, I switch scarlet out for Kokoro, which gets slowed by icy wind, so it is slower when it uses volt switch. Scarlet gets back in, finishes masquerain and golisopod without getting hit. Clean win.

NMuGknv.png
xSFesV7.png

Fun fact: That was not sturdy, Yuugi has magnet pull.

nhV78u4.png
vNulWbV.png

Almost all evos achieved. Only waiting for the special tank.

Ey6dqIf.png

Yes Gladion, give in to your teenage power.

SEKLpM3.png
Tf1YFKB.png

Shup busting time?

p2xMi8S.png
SExEFqn.png

Anyway, time to beat a pretender.

JTZU9GN.png
wa3C8CI.png

It is weak to steel.

W9X49MS.png
r6ENoTQ.png

It did get close. (19 times now)

9f1UM4t.png
ic87CBN.png

But in the end, it was surprisingly easy.

iGNFzFb.png
i4GgZc2.png

Anyway, time for Plumeria! I don't have a plan.

WW3DrtT.png
ARhMpYS.png

Fun fact, literally everyone was in flamethrower KO range. In fact, the only reason I as able to make it out without any deaths was because I toxic'd it and Scarlet survived with 1 hp (20 close calls now) and roosted, so I was able to stall it out until bad poison did its trick.

x04f9wM.png

Final form team achieved.

RsnJkcr.png
y4s2VJx.png

This is surprisingly dark for pokemon, specially since most of the game portrays team skull as dumb and harmless.

rwsB4Vv.png
wccoJl5.png

He is going to try to fix me.

YYaeyse.png

Acrobatics is a clean 2hko, so the pod doesn't get to move.

2XOgnxS.png
fohYFfZ.png

Once again, switch into volt switch to allow crobat to not take damage against the masquerain from hell.

6rb6hcl.png

It is painful, but nothing Wriggle can't handle (21).

gde5qLw.png
iFHj7as.png

Guzma done in.

sK7Ze82.png

Look at me, I lead Team Skull now.

xWj99CZ.png

This is how it took to beat Guzma. Scarlet can stall with roost, deal massive damage with acrobatics, and serve as a solution to any mon I don't feel confident fighting.

Nwtwqk5.png

I always get a bit sad at this part. Hopefully everyone gets their happy ending after the game is over.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
DoIcuGl.png

Oh no.

vUqBi2n.png
9nB6TsW.png

Anyway, how to beat Nanu?

pTY0huD.png
E6Dt801.png

You throw crobat at them.

yHZOJWm.png

Now I have blackhole eclipse without needing to rng it with sleep talk.

lyfsaPw.png
iQCR7u3.png

I lost a fair bit of health doing all the battles without stoping. Gotta go fast. I did heal after this however.

5nJkyiX.png
1tdf1PG.png

I love Hau burning Faba here. It is beautiful.

wO4ykzN.png
qdNttDa.png

Guzma final is... hard. (23)

ULD4JVg.png
hsCCHgw.png

Lusamine was easy. Also, USUM plotting sucks, SuMo did it better.

myGRVGU.png

Anyway, time for the last leg of the journey.

FMBKM1O.png

Do I have a choice? I do like his character a lot, but he kinda sucks.

t2m8igC.png
C1dSAzt.png

Anyway, I avoided almost all battles so I am not overleveled for this. I have a plan.

fgwxfIG.png
EBDPGPp.png

The plan? Crobat.

j32422c.png

I will be counting Ultra Necrozoma as nuzlocke battle.

A8GzSpG.png

Because you see, crobat's haze not only trivializes totem battles, it also makes this one here beatable, since you can have a focus sash before then.

Iszps3H.png

And dark type means I can ignore half of necrozoma's movepool and press black hole eclipse for fun and profit.

e22IjgE.png

However, a dark type is not a crobat, so it fails to OHKO and magnezone has to finish it off.

K3NinWa.png
PjvbRLT.png

Last catch of the run assuming no casualities.

pGXxfT2.png
FPVdupe.png

Anyway, last trial time!

FmujH88.png

It was cake, their team are weirdly exploitable if you are willing to use z-moves for the extra punch.

2t9p2y9.png
Hx7Lb5Z.png

Haze is balanced. Also, now her home is full of water from indoor rain.

Lb80nq7.png
CGaoaMg.png

Very zzz trial. But now I can hurry up.

Bppx2OU.png

The plan for Hapu?

4M9w3Fz.png

Not crobat, just energy ball vikavolt with z-solar beam. I literally deleted thunderbolt and ran agility/energy ball/solar beam/roost for this battle.

YikQHGk.png
qarG33r.png

Sorry Hapu, you got tech'd.

Je5CSPG.png
43HoIj8.png

Time for the league

z2cdAzf.png

But first, obligatory "Kukui legit wants to throw away everything so he can have a league in Alola and pretend he didn't get hardcore destroyed in Kanto"

n27Kqik.png

First Molayne. How to beat him?

gln3clA.png
Txvk2ve.png

Agility Roost shenanigans.

TKhkG6g.png
lbFhR4e.png

It wasn't a clean sweep because Wriggle got screech'd and I was running low on PP for thunderbolt (killing magnezone with thunderbolt takes a while), so Okuu finished magnezone and Medicine ended metagross.

RcpqNkV.png

Next up: Olivia.

qDvfLPL.png

Z-solar beam once again.

mXT2FWZ.png

After her whole team is dead she sets up stealth rock.

dgJ0Efl.png

It was closer, but frankly my team kinda sucks against rock, so it is not that bad.

0xfRxLa.png

I like Nanu. I like that he calls Kukui some guy just like that.

xsUhFIt.png
YTFlVbh.png

She was cake.

X9FZUsC.png

Which may or may not mean "crit earth power was very scary, so Okuu had to clean up." (25)

b0p9oxh.png

Time to beat the flying type specialist out of nowhere!

hXF9whZ.png

I pressed thunder 6 times, because 1 missed.

3cDUBUM.png

Yes, and I really wanna a pet dragon, but I am afraid we won't get what we want tonight.

zMyJDew.png

It starts with a raichu snack.

l8seD3G.png
JQy2ANz.png

Followed by taurus killing himself with recoil and me clenching (26)

lYxiefq.png

After that we have Okuu killing crabominable after doding an stone edge as it switched in (not pictured, screenshotting is hard, also 27 close calls because if that hits I am down a starter.)

tYKRNww.png

Vaporeon is zapped by Raiko, getting a paralyze with the first thunderbolt.

girfNh0.png
OH1TQ7J.png

Noivern is outplayed by a z-move, and now we have only starter left. How do I beat him?

mz4JaRr.png
sCu0e5K.png

Scarlet the crobat. The answer is always going to be that. (28)

eVWfp9Y.png

Close call counts: 28
Actual deaths: 1
Shield starter: Crobat.

7e8JjEk.png
7BR1msz.png
Ft8Vtx2.png
Fq6XXbZ.png
SmLDhZK.png
X5maXJH.png

See you next time with Shield Blind(ish) nuzlocke.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
eqldSCzl.png

One last time, we Suika.

kvn2vbHl.png

While it does get grating to be told about the undefeated Champion with his charizard, it does make sense that the little brother of said champion would be hyped about him. Also, the league is very much celebrity status in galar to a disgusting level, so everyone and their mothers would talk about Leon, for good or bad.

XhNodFql.png

Obligatory settings.

PhY6F9Nl.png

Mum's the word.

p3fUXqQl.png

Fishing rod from the start? Cant wait to fish... checks notes... chinchou? Hopefully this one is not also adamant.

InvKefnl.png
yykCJlNl.png

Ah, so in the forest I will have a Very Special Encounter that will cement my fate as the Chosen One. Got it.

Pb9X3qDl.png

The rest of the room is filled with caps that are hard to understand too.

NB7VdA9l.png

Oh no. We are in Kanto again. We have to go back.

8NaGrskl.png

I really wonder why they went with charizard. I guess they wanted something popular and strong, so everyone can recognize the mon and it being strong is believable. They failed on the second part, charizard just gets rocked.

R7pwaMBl.png

A shame once I have my zubat he will never be the best at anything ever.

aHcSsN2l.png

This will be a zubat as soon as I can save and change its dna structure.

wnkKZK3l.png

He is really into everything he does, huh? It seems he could trip and be hyped about his body getting stronger from the fall.

4PhiBdVl.png

No, I have 14 runs on record just in UCL, this is not my first battle.

7JznWFql.png

This is a neat setpiece however, they throw a lower level mon that you are all but guaranteed to beat, then learn a new move, so you will want to use it on his next mon to see what it does, and learn that attacks can be super effective.

ZbJegGMl.png

Either way, the easy part is done.

FaRGfrQl.png

...Or will be as soon as we are out of the cutscene.

88zHPrel.png

Says the guy with the charizard. I love them to bits, but talonflame is better, and talonflame is not even good really.

zOSZtPYl.png

Lets enter the Forbidden Forest to find our Fate. I am worried about the wooloo, and don't know why it can spend 2 whole days hitting a gate and no one cares until said gate is broken.

MGAnWQTl.png

Anyway, I have changed the DNA structure of sobble and now have a zubat! She is level 6 instead of 7 or 5 because I just changed species, and the exp that was enough for level 6. That way I can pretend the first battle was with the zubat and move on really.

cqK5Wnll.png

This was a battle with 1 of the squirrels. Turns out absorb/astonish is not good against normal types.

LP6o41wl.png

Anyway, to no one surprise, there is the legendary hiding in the forest and we are the first to see it. It exhales gas till we pass out.

yZCRmrxl.png

I love Hop's attitude. He could lose an arm and would instantly get hyped and say "Now I will be known as the legendary one armed champion!" before running off with his wooloo to challenge some gyms or something.

ZyxbSlWl.png

Zubat erasure!

vuRg2CMl.png

Also, I hope even when we finally become champion ourselves, he never gives up. A good rival needs to have an attitude that makes you want to compete with them, and unwilling to give up can work for that, much like being a complete dick and saying stuff like "You only won because I was not serious" can work.

GLI6y7Kl.png

As far as roadblocks go, this is not the absolute worst, but it is pretty bad.

3eRZphFl.png
TZPjL4hl.png

Anyway, first catch! Obligatory Wriggle is obligatory.

Fq4kuKpl.png
cttBheLl.png

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Isn't it nice how the one that was his rival and is researching pokemon is reduced to cooking? You can tell me it is a joke, but then I tell you that when bullies throw rocks at frogs, they throw it just kidding, but when the frogs die, they die for real.

udsLqEbl.png

On the way out, we find a guy that is definitely legit.

duZpeSAl.png

Hey look, I could say no in a tutorial and the character didn't go "I will explain anyway."

ln24voel.png

The fate has been sealed.

O4vxhkBl.png

We buying 30k worth of clothes, because clothes are the real end-game.

lXO3rhEl.png

Another skippable tutorial! If you already have a caught mon (you start with 5 pokeballs, but can't buy more till after this) he just gives you the 20 balls without the tutorial. It is nice really.

ctJlcnbl.png

Anyway, some trainer battles, some talking about the Mysterious Phenomenon of the generation, and we get down to business: Convincing the best trainer in the region that you can grind badges.

9XQ17Wal.png
wR5aanal.png

I am sure the battle won't be a complete trainwreck.

GkO6zjll.png

See, he loses but he is still hanging there. He is friendly because he is a friend, but he makes me like beating him due to his ever energetic attitude, so he makes a good rival.

2gSZvOSl.png

Oh so you liked the battle. Tell me, was your favourite part Hop refusing to press ember against a bug-type when the zubat was burnt and at 6hp, or when he refused to press peck against the same bug type and used leer twice instead?

Sq0gxUsl.png

Maybe it is a pitty thing, he is like "My brother is so bad, but I can't really say that can't it? Maybe he will get good as he goes.".

29bTGYjl.png

You know, chosen one shit on power fantasy doesn't really work. What does it matter that I won when Fate Tells That I Was Going To Win Anyway. It is not even a plot thing, Hoenn and Sinnoh both had plot, and didn't have chosen one, you was just a nosy kid that foiled evil plots. Then Unova comes and you are the chosen by the dragon, legendary hero reborn. Then comes Kalos and the villain literally has a speech about chosen ones and shit, then comes Alola and the Tapu give you a rock because you are Just That Special.

But I guess gen 1 had you being chosen for a pokedex, but your rival also gets it and it is implied while rare, pokedex are not unique. It also helps that in gen 2 oak sees a random kid and is like "Here is a pokedex have fun.". In Kalos meanwhile, you are the one that gets a mega ring and the villain tells you that you, personally, will save the world. Hoenn remakes making mega evo more common really helps with the issue, really.

dMUlQYWl.png

Anyway, where were we? Ah right, Hop wants to raise a protagonist flag.

QbJkPKBl.png

Never change Hop, I will have fun beating you all game long.

ArhzEWcl.png

I can't catch pokemon you doffus, the only legal catch here is doggo and it is a visible encounter so I need to get a badge first!

10cOPJml.png

He is a flamer.

WhOgxG2l.png

I am really tempted to start Hopposting. Really dig him.

CB35CrLl.png

I likely won't camp, because while a new thing that I want to experiment, it gives too many bonuses that ruin the difficulty curve. The worst is not even surviving at 1 hp, since you can count that as a death anyway, but when your pokemon dodges or crits because of it, how do you even rule? Even if the attack hit you, would you have died? Did the crit matter? It cleaned a poison, did that actually save it or just leave it vulnerable to freezing later? It changes too much really. You also don't need camping for friendship evos, so yeah.

oprPKLtl.png

Meetup Area gift! Pikachu is good.

Tlxjm4wl.png

No bully!

AFSdktYl.png

"I will eat this potato chip and fill another page on my Densetsu!" - Translator Note: Densetsu means legend.

Anyway, catches time!

D9AsY8Ul.png

This one is from east lake axewell.

uF99H8Sl.png

This is from dappled grove.

MXYwO2Wl.png

And this is from watchtower ruins. I will get rolling fields when it is a weather that actually allows for electric or poison types.

1HnmNTQl.png

That makes sense, since I have heard of the undefeated champion a million times already, and I am not even at my first gym!

oLBvuitl.png

One of the things I know about Galar is that the plot is someone trying to make an infinite energy hack, but I am not sure if it is this Rose person is trying to make their job easier, or someone is trying to steal their monopoly.

HZEPtSml.png

Is that the asshole rival legends speak of?

jpH81RVl.png

Is this the emo rival legends speak of?

fGAFrAMl.png

It will turn out there was no sword and shield hero, but rather a sword and a shield pokemon, right? I know the legendary pokemons are sword and shield based, and they have a crowned form, so they probably used that move that is super effective on dynamax to save the day.

iBxxnq3l.png

Okay, so team Yell are fans of emo!rival? How does that tie with infinite energy hack.

tOnwINzl.png

Is she emo, or are the legends wrong? Maybe goth is a better descriptor.

bwXy2I8l.png

Hooligans! HopJoy

8fefQOxl.png

Mild Mannered Goth Rival?

7C1371nl.png

I said no. And the game let me. Did they finally learn? Are we in the best timeline? Will buying a switch for legends arceus be worth it?

IvPQRV4l.png

I did some quest and got a key item for when I have a toxicitry.

mvTkeuWl.png

Also, the wild Area is fun and balanced (and dangerous).

YeEcUAMl.png

Team Hakurei coming through.

r5DOtXml.png

Gym Leaders! They look distinct, some things never change.

wOEwt3El.png

HopJoy

FsAy2wMl.png

He is evil and the dynamax bands are part of a plot to produce infinite energy to power idk, the kalos death beam or something.

97kGc8Xl.png

HopJoy

4MKMKbjl.png

Rolling fields catch! Also I am sorry wriggle, but I just used a vikavolt, and have yet to use a galavantula.

p7ggqSOl.png

Anyway after selling stuff from the wild area, it is time to rock a poison or an electric uniform for the rest of the game. Maybe I will change every gym, something like that. Do we ever get to design our own uniforms? That would be nice.

xToHouWl.png

HopJoy

U0zEpVkl.png

I have a shadow ball gastly dude, you never stood a chance.

QuRL5Fkl.png

I love Hop.

gHUV9KOl.png

Post battle shot.

1EDCurPl.png

Coal? I can see why they need an infinite energy hack.

2wcWm4Al.png

I know this item! It can be fucking broken.

sbJZ5Dtl.png

It seems very obvious that the chairman is evil, and I am not sure if the writers can pull off a red hering or not.

gvGVEPwl.png

...You are a psychic trainer. I have a ghost, a dark and a bug. What are you gonna do?

xdUawhwl.png

That is good rival behaviour. Now all you need is to keep this up all the way to the championship and we are good.

EZQzwy1l.png

Keep going.

DFm6tm6l.png

So the plot is that the chairman want a monopoly? Would that be british?

xZPojrBl.png

I literally just pressed bug bite, so it was that easy.

zaa2bIIl.png

Is that the grass gym leader? I am pretty sure it is.

1GWMH88l.png

I am the very best, like no one ever was. I have a perfect record, as long as you forget about marowak.

hRJpFDPl.png

Wait, he already has a monopoly? Then what does he care, what is his angle here?!

JipVUisl.png

Good rivals also keep ahead of you in badges so you feel the need to catch up to them.

qfjYAxLl.png

Does the ref really need a mustache? It looks weird to me.

atVZabKl.png

I really liked the challenge. You can solve it without battling, but can also go back to battle even after solving, so you can choose if you want to battle to make it easier, for exp, or just skip the battling altogether.

HljK8eTl.png

This is what the team looks like after all gym trainers. I guess I could look to grind to 20, but I have oddish that is 4x resistant to grass and has a poison attack and growth, so that is my strat.

elGFyupl.png

First gym time.

8BfCKdpl.png

First mon down.

VrV8XpMl.png

Look at that, 4x resist coming in clutch! Also, given how the sky above dynamax looks, I am assuming the darkest day was the legendary using a super-mega-giga-dynamax.

7amglIyl.png

Gym down!

tGGmbG8l.png

Done and dusted, first badge aquired.

MIFdZztl.png

Next up is water, so electric + oddish means cake.

5eBQkeIl.png

I wonder if by the end everyone will be talking about me in the stadiums right before I beat the champion and become the very best like no one ever was.

VYSXj24l.png

This is the team after the gym. Everyone got a level out of the eldegoss. Next up, a smaller update hopefully.

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
lUKAPTLl.png

Okay, with this thunderstone, I will have a raichu!

k0WkzMMl.png

And then I learned gigantamax pikachu can't evolve so you will get boxed soon.

gWH2iEBl.png

Route 4 overworld catch, since I am allowed one of those per badge. Will be using good doggo instead of rat.

F75n9Jgl.png

Now, since you don't lose moves by evolving, and relearner is free, it is time for hilariously early fully evolved grass.

4oCca2kl.png

Now, toxel is obligatory. I am not boxing my vileplume that I just evolved, same for gastly (gengar is broken), boxing the zubat would make me unable to go for the hat trick. That leaves yamper, joltik and stunky. I really like joltik, yamper is new to this gen, so I choose stunky to be boxxed.

7llZXATl.png

You know, I respect team Yell just because they are small time. It is one thing to be a grunt that doesn't know any better and follow some strongman, it is another to be a group of close friends trying to support their friend/idol. Yeah, they are misguided on how they do it, but it is understandable. Meanwhile, you have most teams trying to take over or genocide, except the text tries to say it is somehow understandable.

ga8qOATl.png

Hop posting time?

Wa5Upyil.png

HopJoy

hvVpnKfl.png

PfyUX7Yl.png

Hop3Head

SJckzOzl.png

HopCopium

ECPo2Mkl.png

HopThink

pLlEgk3l.png

HopJoy

zzcE8rEl.png

That disguise...

5GKEsnil.png

Wait, the chairman can't even be assed to remember Bede's name? Now that is a plot twist, Bede is just a tool.

wZ70JmUl.png

There have been worse roadblocks, but that doesn't make it good.

R0y3LM9l.png

Obligatory chinchou from Hulbury. Is not adamant, but does in fact have Illuminate.

2ALepyal.png

Also had this evo while fishing for chinchou, because everything I got was arrokada for a good while.

PbCEvBul.png

I beat 1 gym. Come on now.

6ts7ws3l.png

I do in fact have a fan. I also have a vileplume and am electric, so I don't see Nessa being hard at all.

Hal0vVgl.png

The trainers were easy.

REegyobl.png

The plan for Nessa is to growth giga drain. If it fails try to shock.

9BLaM4el.png

Lets do it.

h3mj1A9l.png

This sums up the battle nicely. I used growth on the goldeen, then giga drain twice, so I ended against drednaw at full, and then got crit on.

fkADBgOl.png

The crit didn't matter, still oneshot with max move.

QdE9bEfl.png

This happened after the battle.

wL9r0tul.png

I don't know why the badges are differently shaped and fit in a circle, but I will take it.

z5KQyNcl.png

How can I forget? He stands out even when trying to go icognito!

PNtoxRxl.png

And then we get plot! The chairman is very helpful in that he allows the researcher to go study history to better understand dynamax! He does sobecause the one that discovered it is uncomfortable about it and better safe than sorry. I like how dynamax is recent, and the one with the monopoly over it is smart enough to listen to the specialists and helps them. Sonia has cold feet about it, so either there is something sinister and he is trying to hide by giving a false clue, or she lost her gym challenge at hammerlocke and it brings bad memories. More as it develops.

B78xMOEl.png

HopRail

If7pKI9l.png

Croagunk! I may use another one, but TBH, they are underwhelming. Belch Nasty Plot is funny however.

qQT4yJ1l.png

True! That is why I am fighting you.

C29rlhEl.png

Keep telling yourself that :)

RGHGUTQl.png

HopJoy. Look at how supportive he is, he believes you are great and he is greater.

oMM40bbl.png

I like how they setup. First gyms are grass, water, fire, so you learn to not solely rely on your starter. The last gym is setup as the first hard one, to signal that after this, the true game begins. It is a good setup. In actually what probably happens is that by gym 4 you have fully evolved everything with coverage and streamrolls the game between max raids and buying TRs.

38ek1gXl.png

HopJoy

mqXnys6l.png

Good doggo fully aquired.

pwAZoirl.png

I love how team Yell is right behind her, cheering her on.

CdUSs2Al.png

Fun fact: I almost fully wiped to morpeko, had to finish it off with crobat and everything else was on red. I would show you a post-battle picture, but I am on the rails so I go to sleep and wake up the next day fully healed.

BXFgmwdl.png

The people are talking huh? I think it would make sense AFTER you beat the first gatekeaper, not before. Maybe have them be talking about Hop, since he already beat Kabu.

3jBORofl.png

Now, since everyone is hyped him to hell and back, I took a look at his team. I don't have an easy answer in the form of a rock or water type, so I need a plan.

RdBycwtl.png

Which may or may not mean "Spend money on clothes I won't use and hair styling".

bVePyE5l.png

Fire puns always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

kuTde6Wl.png

My plan is to setup nasty plot (had to spend 2 days waiting for it to come in rotation) and shadow ball away, and hopefully +4 with 1 free turn from the rawst berry is enough to oneshot the bug.

9OsQTb4l.png

Time to burn.

F0SoTZCl.png

First turn was will-o-wisp, I eat berry and nasty plot, second was ember, so I get to +4 with little damage.

TVrqo0Zl.png

Now we shadowballing.

aoIUajdl.png

Oneshot, so we get a win.

F0yUTqYl.png

Everyone got a level out of it at least.

AiW5OVwl.png

3 badges.

h0RziXrl.png

HopHurry.

SV2wD4cl.png

I like this scene in general. It makes sense that Kabul would like to see off the few that go past him, and it gives a nice sense of closure to act 1, so to speak.

FXhz26il.png

Anyway, Bede takes Hop away, and I am left with... 9 levels until the next gym, so either there is a bunch of content, or I am supposed to grind the wild area. Which means I am stoping here.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
CROBAT GET: HAT TRICK INCOMING

man i love hop, and kabu's attempt at givin you a rousing cheer? adorable
i did lose a couple pokemon to him, so im real applause that it went smoothly for you

Megurine Suika

Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
CROBAT GET: HAT TRICK INCOMING

man i love hop, and kabu's attempt at givin you a rousing cheer? adorable
i did lose a couple pokemon to him, so im real applause that it went smoothly for you

Nothing can stop the Bat.

I really like Hop's attitude. And setup is 90% of the time the best way to avoid deaths really, they can't kill you if they are outsped OHKO'd.

Okay, I have actually finished the run, so all that is left is updates, but there are over 2000 screenshots, so I will break it up in smaller updates.

l01JC0el.png

8Nc25Xel.png

Last 2 catches probably, I know I can't be assed to catch more stuff as the time goes on and I feel I have a solid team.

QHrSgYLl.png

On one hand, I hate Bede for beating Hop, but on another hand it makes beating him that much more satisfying. Kinda torn on this one.

wyz31qdl.png

This bit is funny and good world building. It settles Leon as the Undefeatable Champion in a good way by showing even the fans of others like how said others lose to Leon.

4vBH4N6l.png

Anyway, Bede brags and we learn that whatever the plot to save the day is needs a bunch of wishing stars and someone at least as strong as the champion. How it will backfire terribly is beyond me, because I have no idea what the plot even is beyond "Infinite Energy Hack".

RNU9uV2l.png

Anyway, time for an energy lesson!

DHaH7GXl.png

Wait, hold on, the mines are just for show? This thing here shows all the energy is harvested from thin air by some tower.

c51tHaul.png

Anyway, Rose wants to use the energy source of pokemon becoming giant for electricity and shit, so I won't stop him unless he accidentally the world.

Fox2sx2l.png

I swear, if Hop stop being joyous and I can't Hoppost anymore, I will be salty on my updates.

RbwjJUAl.png

A cursory google search tells me having dark chocolate on you when hiking is very good to keep you awake and energized, plus it contains antioxidants to allow for better celular "breathing", so I will take their word for it. Good job game, you made me learn stuff.

ol7AyHgl.png

Hey look, some guy I will smack around later.

cAeLIwPl.png

The Darkest Day happened when necrozoma stole all the light to make more land as time and space where created. Look it up, 100% factual information.

wFf89Atl.png

Am I the only one that thinks gifting player revives, even in non-nuzlockes, is kinda rude? It is saying "haha, you can't win anything without sacking half of your team". Maybe I am overthinking it.

CqAGXzal.png

Hop is sorrowful.... I swear to god Bede smashing you into the ground will be my act of mercy.

Rv0jRRal.png

I have done so what, 4 times already? And you were fine, so what gives?

Y3Y9vVBl.png

Okay, this is horseshit. Nobody will care for shit if you suck, the guy is literally called "Unbeatable Champion", if you suck they will just be even more impressed nobody can touch Leon.

TX5gI6ml.png

We are nearing the point where I have all evos, don't make new catches, and just burst through the game in one go.

KIoA19il.png

So stop being so self-concious! Personal growth is for player characters, not NPCs! I want my rival to be good to beat, if he goes into a funk when beaten then why beat him?

X5Oem8rl.png

See, that is what I am looking after. A good HopJoy.

J6ziO2vl.png

That is what I am saying lady! Now go and say that to him so he goes back to full joy.

FgBwcz8l.png

This picture is here so I can tell you it took me way too long till I finally got a controller mapped so I could spin and clear the gym.

0S5AZdll.png

But I did do it in the end!

W9CJPHHl.png

The squad. Can you guess my plan?

NjI8GbBl.png

It is called "Shadow ball"

xuPzdJZl.png

Yamask and Cursola get OHKO'd, so instead I will show that Mimikyu got one move out.

sJNP1aFl.png

It falls asleep, so it will sleep for at least 1 turn, and shadow sneak got disabled by cursed body, so it will move last twice and get shadow ball'd.

Cb5gIAAl.png

And gengar gets oneshot anyway.

MFPC58il.png

My incredible skill of expert belt super effective attacks?

zFQkuoLl.png

Anyway, that was drool, but THIS is the real gem. My gengar has -speed nature and 4IVs on speed, so sticky web goes a long way to make it sweep later when faster things show up.

R7FYCjZl.png

Badge getto!

jHe0GW1l.png

I really like the progression with this girl. She was your fan from way back, and she is always there all the way cheering on you. It is great!

Anyway, that is the update for today. See you next time.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
i love hopjoyposting. i am looking forward to smashing bede into the dirt because he's....really funny to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread