• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot [UCL3]Punk Rock - An Electric/Poison Duo-type Nuzlocke Extreme.

Thread Description
An Electric/Poison treck through all generations - Unova Challenge Mode done 4/8 regions complete. Small break.

Megurine Suika

The fool that runs towards the past
Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
dang, nice work with clay.

can't wait to see another tynamo in over a week of course
Once again, math and asking the caucus for advice wins the day. And now is over a week so here is the update.

I hate fun.

Evolutions! I changed up my team to be Magnezone/Scolipede/Weezing/Crobat/Amoongus/Eel, mostly to use new things. Then I learned the IVs suck, but I already grinded them so might as well. I am fully evolving eel once it has thunderbolt.

Hello Skyla, wanna hear a joke?

You just got swept by thundershock. Hilarious, I know.

Eel status: Ready to roll.

Reversal Mountain catch. Had to kill all of Bianca's mons just to be sure.

Why are you here, I just want to finish this thing, you are not even a threat!

It was me telling the plot to go away, wanna me to repeat?

Thanks for the exposition lady champion, can you please move? Less plot, more battling.

Here we go!

He was surprisingly easy.

Oh no a whole city was frozen. Anyway, gotta finish the gyms.

Going to beat Marlon or whatever his name is, you?

No time for talking, lets get to the action!

Yes I did fully Ev all of them. You not doing so just means you are incompetent, aren't you the strongest gym leader in Unova?

Anyway, we fought plasma a bunch, and now we fight a plasma guy with a banger theme.

Yes, hidden power fighting and thunderbolt are the way.

N! Save me from this plot, take me away in your dragon!

Well, it got 2 shot, and only hit me with resisted moves (Think it was dragonbreath, could have been dragon pulse).

Anyway now we have the guy with the less banger theme.

He was still beaten up.

I am not waiting, you don't even deserve a post-battle shot!

League time! My plan is to hit them over the head with the sheer bulk this team has.

Okay, this one was closer than it had any right to be, but the next one will be easier.

You know, taking the bare minimun of screenshots seemed like a good idea to get Unova done faster, but I don't remember how I almost lost my starter to burn damage. Still, I am sure the other ones will be better.

This one... I have no idea how easy or hard it was because I didn't take a post battle team shot. I remember eelektross being put to sleep and me having to bring magnezone in, but beyond that it was a sweep I guess.

This one also lacks a post battle shot (can you tell I don't care for Unova and wanted it done?). I do remember being acrobatics with eelektross switching to kindasus when eel got too low.

Anyway, I have to beat a little girl.

And beating a little girl we did. Focus sash on scolipede came in clutch.

Here are the winners.

We are done. Next up, a break, then we go to Kalos again.

Megurine Suika

The fool that runs towards the past
Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I return from the void to present updates to the world again!

Suika set!

Settings ready!

Lets go!

I am not waiting girl, I have places to be.

Catches for the forest and the route after. As an aside, I really like the starting bit, with you walking through an area and your friends doing so in their own ways. I wish the game leaned more on the whole "you are part of a group" thing, instead later on you just get cutscenes with them and they are not even there with you when you move to the next area.

Anyway, we have a gym after grinding. My strategy is zapping.

And Viola was zapped. I wonder if they designed the gym as it is on purpose to get people to use pikachu and notice the new cry.

New area, only 1 elegible catch, it is the boring part of type-lockes I guess, only 1 or 0 catchables mons in most places. It does add to the challenge, but it can also be a bit sad.

And then I walked back and forth and super trained so much it drained my will to play the game for a while.

This, on the other hand, doesn't work. You can't "discover" a type like that. They did the same with steel/dark in gen 2, and it doesn't work there either. How do you "discover" you can't poison a magnemite or hit a clefairy with a draco meteor when you could do so say, a year ago? It would be a catclysmic change that would throw the world in disarray and change ecosystems completely, not a "haha we have a new type enjoy". I guess you can argue that it is a game it is not supposed to be serious, but then we have gen 5 plot, so you can't put the genie back in the bottle again.

There was no bulbasaur. Everything is a lie. (Story here is that the randomizer randomized this specific set of gift mons. I hacked a bulbasaur in myself and named it Eternity.)

So I get to destroy balance of the force?

I mean, I don't hate lucario or anything, but I just want to catch my gulpin and be done with it. Gulpin is a mon I never used and I want to see what they are all about.

Woops I messed my catch and now didn't catch anything definitely didn't catch a different rat mon ahaha

Venipede getto on the way to the castle thing. Named Kagerou, will name all my venipedes that this UCL, just because that was the name of my first one.

Yeah sure, that or it is a logic puzzle.

Two more catches! This rounds up my team as Skrelp/Pikachu/Beedrill/Roselia/Croagunk/Zubat. I plan on benching beedrill once it has fallen off in favour of Scolipede, but that is a way off.

I got a helio. Never used one, maybe I should try it instead of raichu eventually. Raichu movepool is pretty ass after all.

You know, having played all gens due to UCL and whatnot, it really makes me think of what makes a good or a bad evil team, and I think Rocket and Flare are the best ones. Rockets are super organic, they are the mafia, but with pokemon. Flare are less organic, but as said here, they are not out to make themselves happy, they are out to make ONLY themselves happy, so everyone else is screwed. There is no faffling or questions of whether or not to stomp them into the dirt. Then later when you learn that, Lysandre wants to destroy the world and start from scratch with people that gave him, personally, 10 million, it makes it even worse. The game tries to pretend there is some morality or something, but it makes no sense, they are just bad to exist and good to stomp.

And then I got a emolga instead of electrike. I am kinda sad, because I liked manectric, even if it only had 2 moves.

On a twist of fate, I grinded everyone to 25 but zubat didn't become crobat. When I checked the file, I was 1(one) happiness off. It doesn't matter that much because rock gym, but still. I did learn that my pikachu has 0 IVs in both speed and special attack, so that is less nice.

A fighting move against a ice/rock mon is kinda cheating. But I am going for the coveted 0 death run, so lets do that.

Because I almost kill my mons with really slim calcs? (if lucario rolled max damage with the swords dance boosted feint it would KO Medicine here.)

You don't need to check in, there are roadblocks in place so I never go off the rails at all. Also, my catch sucks yet again.

Time for the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny where everything is on the line and the right to megaevolution will be decided!

You did do 80% of my beedril while it setup swords dance then swept, so you have that going for you which is nice.

I have no idea why I didn't take any pics for Korrina, but she didn't do significant damage, the only attacks she got to do where rock tomb and flying press, both of which missed. It was very meh.

And that is all for today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)