• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot [UCL3] Fae is Foul and Foul is Fae (Fairy/Dark Duolocke)

Thread Description
please help

Toyotasomi no Miko

Toyo the Toyo, ft. Ultra Eviolite Rhydon
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Howdy! I'm Toyo the Toyo. So this is what the inside of a Pokedex is like...
i'm finally back, nuzlockin' for you
if you know the rules, you can join in too
put your hands to keys, if you wanna reply
as i take you through, this- wait a second

why am i, toyo the toyo, using the dk rap when the title is a macbeth joke

1. first fairy or dark encounter (or prevo of one) caught only
1a. for johto/sinnoh/unova, the pokemon that were retconned to be fairy or part fairy in gen 6 can be used
1b. trades allowed (otherwise i'd have a bad time in kanto)
1c. shinies allowed but i will probably not use them if they aren't typed either dark or fairy
1d. dupes clause can be followed or ignored as i please given the scarcity of fairy and dark in some games
1e. due to how exp works in let's go, i am allowed to catch but not use other pokemon in that game only to help stay on the curve

2. [shirou emiya voice] pokemon die if they are killed

3. all games end at champion since i'm actually using my brain for b2w2 this time

4. legendon'ty

i wish to see so naturally i will play english, as this is the only language i can understand enough to get comfortably through kanto with right now

eevee just drags me into the tv (we won't see them much) and i am ambushed by one (1) samuel oak, who then proceeds to force me into a vessel but at the end of the day i am still toyo the toyo

also there's some guy named copy claiming to be my neighbor but i haven't seen them before in my life (actually i have)

he also decides it's fine to invade my house for whatever reason but i ignore him and greet oak in person this time

he forces me to catch something that doesn't evolve into a dark type which is honestly pretty baddy bad and also actually take it, as if expecting me to use it

no nickname, would instabox but i don't have the power to do so, and timid is a bad nature
0/10 would not nature again

i want whatever was in the other pokeball, was probably an alolan grimer which is the literal only unreachable pokemon for me due to version exclusivity

anyways, pokedex of completely ignore this obtained, and by standing at a very specific spot in the grass of route 1, i can obtain the first catch i'll be using up until i can trade it: rattington the rattata, and he's still from pallet town

i also catch a bellsprout so i can get into brock's gym later

anyways blah blah blah parcel, blah blah punch cop- actually, wait, the match was kinda close because i forgot starter was level 6 instead of 5 like in other kanto games

anyways head north, buy potions, skip the western rival fight until i'm stronger via viridian forest leveling (7, specifically) and it was relatively annoying from sand attack but not too terrible

the gym is... something; namely, using focus energy and hoping for crits, since getting to level 12 for bite is... not the most feasible task

however, i am at least going to go to level 10

anyways, plan for each: focus energy. x defense (the free one behind the center). tail whip thrice. tacklespam. heal as needed.

geodude goes down just fine, but onix's moveset is more dangerous and also it's faster

i give it a fourth tail whip compared to geodude and it was still a slog

but i did win which is what matters

and that's how brock got taken down by a singular rat, do not try this at home

(also i taught the rat headbutt afterwards to make the remainder of its time i use it easier since tms are reusable)

next time is when i'll retire rattington for his alolan variant, since doing onix with just rat is much more draining than expected

Rattington, Lv. 10 Rattata (Kantonian, temporary)
Relaxed Nature
32 / 17 / 15 / 11 / 13 / 17
Headbutt / Tail Whip / Quick Attack / Focus Energy

erk pls

Femur Snapper/Wig Snatcher
Globetrotter
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Water, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT, ERK PLS IS A B***H ASS MOTHER F***ER
You know this is going to end poorly right
Ahh who am I kidding, that's probably the main reason you're doing it

War Anvil

Life is too short to be little.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I like your Sakurai, but not your players. Your players are so unlike your Sakurai.
AHM DA GIANT RAT DAT MAKES ALL OF DA ROOLS

LET'S SEE WHAT KIND OF TROUBLE WE CAN GET OURSELVES INTO

It was fun, Rattington (And most likely child of the great Yeetvee). See ya when you're about to be traded away~

Toyotasomi no Miko

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know this is going to end poorly right
Ahh who am I kidding, that's probably the main reason you're doing it
you know how much of a connoisseur in bad ideas i am, erc, this ain't unusual

AHM DA GIANT RAT DAT MAKES ALL OF DA ROOLS

LET'S SEE WHAT KIND OF TROUBLE WE CAN GET OURSELVES INTO

It was fun, Rattington (And most likely child of the great Yeetvee). See ya when you're about to be traded away~
he sure was the giant rat who made all of the rules
unfortunately the trouble he got into means that there's one more appearance before the trade

immediately upon exiting the pewter gym i am ambushed by... let's see, oak's grandson, red and green are also in this game later... his shirt is purple so his name is purple, right

anyways he apparently wants my character's perfume which is a weird flex but if he wants to see if it makes him feel better then i won't stop him

anyways it's route 3 so it's time to beat up trainers and catch ji
wait, hold on
what do you mean the encounter table follows yellow and jigglypuff isn't until after misty
this is an outrage

(similarly, most trainers on route 3 can actually be ignored)

jessie and james are in mount moon but i'm not here for them

i'm here to use the door a bunch of times to roll the dice like 50 bajillion times until clefairy appears, which means rattington is now being retired as i have an actual pokemon to use, you did well rattington

anyways this clefairy named pepper is
...adamant
okay, sure, i can definitely run this thing mixed since its attack is actually not garbage and the raw base can carry her special attack, so headbutt is given

given i saved trainers on route 3, i use those to squeeze a little exp into this freshly caught clefairy (why is trainer exp so garbage this game)

anyways mount moon has a ton of funny items, like this moon stone i will be conserving for later usage

oh and apparently some fossil i don't even want? there's no fairy or dark fossils, and although there's a rock type for each, neither are fossils

anyways i take the dome just so this guy lets me past

...oh, huh, apparently jessie and james won't battle you if you only have one pokemon, so i guess rattington will get one last hurrah

route 4 is uneventful but cerulean has many events

namely, giving rattington to someone who can use him while getting an alolan rattata in ret
oh i can't change this calm alolata's nickname, which makes sense, but it's sad because i can't ever have a nicknamed alolan in this game
i guess he'll be rattingtwo in my heart

don't have a level 15 pokemon so i can't attack misty even if i wanted to so north it is

anyways copy fights me without telling me about what he wanted to, and rattington's successor gets to prove his worth here by not only taking out the rival excluding pikachu but he also uh

kinda walked all over nugget bridge and the following rocket with minimal help (and got like 10 bite flinches in a row, thanks rng)

also i apparently caught a cat? i'm sure this won't be relevant in five to six gyms from now

i forgot how cute the female coach trainer was so seeing her was a bit of a shock

anyways a nidorino asks us to run an experiment so i do that while downloading this update's sponsor onto his computer, raid shad- that joke isn't even funny

anyways my team is strong enough to attack misty thanks to a secret trick: amnesia clefairy

...of course, a level 19 starmie is concerning enough that i do get a bit more exp first

i walk in at level 18 though and manage to win by the power of "just don't get crit"

i'm going to ignore any and all advice about teaching scald to something aquatic, however, and will save it for
um
uhhhhhhhh

...how much do infinite use tms sell for on the black market?

Pepper, Lv. 18 Clefairy
Adamant Nature
63 / 31 / 26 / 25 / 29 / 23
Amnesia / Doubleslap / Defense Curl / Headbutt

Alolan "Rattingtwon" Rattata
Calm Nature
50 / 34 / 23 / 19 / 25 / 38
Tail Whip / Quick Attack / Headbutt / Crunch

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She and they in no particular order, he very rarely; I'm beginning to think that I'm gender-fluid or flux. I have no clue, and I'm probably overthinking this.
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
...how much do infinite use tms sell for on the black market?
If it's transferable to this post's sponsor, Pokemon Mystery Universe, Scald would go for 50K-100K Poke, since it's not a valuable TM.

erk pls

Globetrotter
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Water, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
now that starmie is dead, YOU are the star
it sucks about these natures but at least you're actually starting to get a team together, crossing my fingers that your jigglypuff will be nicer to you

Toyotasomi no Miko

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it's transferable to this post's sponsor, Pokemon Mystery Universe, Scald would go for 50K-100K Poke, since it's not a valuable TM.
that's a significant amount of money to me, toyo the toyo
so the way to beat misty is to... forget that starmie is strong. that would be good to remember.
yeah, i had to actually write this down since whenever i forgot starmie was strong i just wiped (in my first playthrough, not this one, scald is legitimately scary)
now that starmie is dead, YOU are the star
it sucks about these natures but at least you're actually starting to get a team together, crossing my fingers that your jigglypuff will be nicer to you
given that i have an option to pick up more than one of the thing, jigglypuff is pretty much guaranteed to be nice
...oh right did i not mention that it's the only thing that i get more than one of here? because it's the only thing i get multiple of

during the time between last update and this one, officer jenny appears to have stopped existing
weird, but i can go into the house now

also while i'm here, how come the city was designed in a way that someone with cut would be trapped in this area consisting of the end of route 4, cerulean, and route 24/25 without this specific crime of breaking into someone's house and demolishing a wall
who put that bush there

also unlike all other kantos you can just kinda
ignore the dig guy

anyways copy gives me a little money on route 5 which is nifty but that's not why i'm here

it's so i can rig the rng into giving me rafina the docile jigglypuff

not bad, for once

but wait, there's more!

route 6 also has jigglypuff, so i rig the rng again to give me michelle the sassy jigglypuff
even better

i also make a pit stop on route 11 to catch the cutest fairy of all, tom the rash mr mime
...mr mime isn't cute? me being held hostage as i type this comment? don't be so silly viewers, i wouldn't be held hostage :)

oh right, the gamers are THAT now
who thought having random trainers that can instakill a pokemon if they roll what's basically a coinflip was fair
no, no one actually died, thankfully

rattingtwon evolved into alolan raticate from one of the random trainers sitting on the route, which is nice

...oh, right, dig guy, i go do that too now that i have more than double the size of team compared to before
don't wanna lose on exp, and i want to dig for surge's battle anyways

but before surge, boat fun, such as copy and purple again, how's it going purple

he hands me a candy and tells me not to barge into peoples' rooms
naturally, i immediately barge into peoples' rooms for experience

anyways copy beats me to the captain's room somehow despite being at the entrance, easy battle

chop down obtained, and the ship... uh... lets hope that all of the dig uses didn't cause too much structural damage to it

anyways, surge gym. trainers easy, and surge is a similar plan to misty: just be no thoughts head empty so that raichu uses quick attack instead of thunderbolt

magnemite dies to dig though so it's not a pure sweep

i follow surge's advice and give t-bolt to... a lot of non-electric types, actually. there's a good number

also mina is here, but i forgot i had to talk twice to battle her until after the gym, oops

oh i guess my hm bot learns flash

funny how this "one badge a part" thing is going and how it'll probably crumble at endgame because of the lack of post-blaine content in lets go

Tom, Lv. 20 Mr. Mime
Rash Nature
47 / 24 / 32 / 52 / 50 / 49
Confusion / Thunderbolt / Barrier / Psywave

Michelle, Lv. 20 Jigglypuff
Sassy Nature
78 / 29 / 15 / 27 / 17 / 16
Rest / Defense Curl / Thunderbolt / Headbutt

Rafina, Lv. 20 Jigglypuff
Docile Nature
82 / 32 / 16 / 23 / 21 / 15
Pound / Defense Curl / Dig / Headbutt

Pepper, Lv. 23 Clefairy
Adamant Nature
77 / 41 / 32 / 31 / 38 / 28
Amnesia / Thunderbolt / Defense Curl / Headbutt

Alolan "Rattingtwon" Raticate (Lv. 24)
Calm Nature
83 / 51 / 46 / 32 / 56 / 54

erk pls

Globetrotter
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Water, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
oh right, the gamers are THAT now
who thought having random trainers that can instakill a pokemon if they roll what's basically a coinflip was fair
no, no one actually died, thankfully
gamers rise up

Assuming Erika's still got a bunch of Poison-types, you might have your work cut out for you with her. Be careful, and may your rats be ever hungry.

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Thunderbolts all around!

Out of curiosity is there actually any other dark type available in Let's Go? I know Kanto's pretty stingy when it comes to the gen 2 types.

Celadon is an absolute TM buffet so it'll be interesting to see how you kit everyone out, especially your puffs and Pepper since they have gen 1 TM compatibility craziness.

GL with the run!

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
ZAP ZAP ZAPITY ZAP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)