• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Turnabout Mafia

Thread Description
N2 ends 10/28, 12:30 PM PST

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
actually wait, doublepost time:

@SweatingCalendar I dunno, tell us who you investigated last night. Mafia literally has no reason to team up with you. We mislynch today and they can just win. Will this help us out much? Not really, but you're in a much better position teaming up with us than maf since they literally don't need you to win.

VGBM

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It seems that neither side can come to a conclusion, I simply cannot deliver a ruling under these circumstances. I'll extend the trial by a day. In the meantime, I must ask both sides to take this case seriously and return 24 hours from now, fully prepared.

Court dismissed.

VGBM

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
[October 26, 10:00 am]

The second day of court is now in session. Also, I regret to inform you that Cirr has dropped the case.

Cir was a Defense Attorney

Let the proceedings begin, this trial will end in 48 hours.

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
So okay. we should be dead. I doubt we can get a lynch off anyway cause Calendar has no reason to vote with us. Game just isn't over because Apollo Justice is still alive and thus Calendar can still win.

So I dunno, maf start taunting us I guess cause there's really nothing we can do here.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
Well I have to help you cuz if y'all mislynch we all lose, so I'll be voting this phase.

I investigated Argentum and they are village

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
alright so with that logic, 2 of Jane, Casual, and Greenchu are maf (because I am most definitely village). Definitely have no reason not to mistrust casual about that.

So... you three. Discuss. why should we not vote for you?

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
So yeah, how y’all doing? I’m a gamer vanillager. So yeah, we’re kinda in a bind considering if we don’t lynch a maf, we’re screwed. Apollo, it might me a good idea to hit me up in DMs so we can coordinate, y’know?

I’m mostly leaning towards Jane or Greenchu on this one, so any defences from you guys would be neat.

SweatingCalendar

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise

JaneWolf

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
Sorry, I forgot about this. I shouldn't have signed up but I missed mafia.

Do items last more than the round they are given? If so I have a contradiction and can shoot people.

VGBM

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Any evidence one has, they keep until it's presented or destroyed.

VGBM

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark

A shout rang through the courtroom, and everyone turned to look at JaneWolf

JaneWolf, your evidence is accepted into the court record, and your objection is sustained. Casual, it seems a critical flaw has been revealed in your argument. If you cannot back up your claims, then you have lost your credibility and I must ask you to leave this court.

Casual was Simon BlackQuill

Let the proceedings continue.

greenchu

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Ah fuck sorry I was playing Jackbox for most of today, and then I had to go shopping and have dinner.

I was going to post before the phase change yesterday, but I got too distracted to finish the post I was making with the survey thing. It probably makes me look really sus with Cirr dying now, but it's what I had so I'll just go with it.

Oh great, Monday is my busy day and I slept in today so now I come back to this?

Jane's initial suggestion of ousting Apollo seems pretty sus to me, since the split was 5/2/1 and would then bring us to 4/2 and without our only PR. I'm always kind of cautious of playing the "screw over the 3rd party" card, but I'll say that if I had a snowball I would use it on Calendar. His goal is pretty clearly against town and it would buy us more time from him.

The lynch on Samur seems weird? Like yes we have to get a lynch on someone but Samur's post didn't seem very scummy to me (although it was just one post and not more) so I'm a bit confused as to why Cirr and Hobo voted for him. Cirr I think is more likely village, but there was no reason stated in the post and Argentum still hadn't posted yet so if it was just going for someone trying to lay low it wouldn't have been my first choice. Perhaps the Samur vote could've been made by mafia knowing that they gave him a fake gun and wanted him to fire it? Between Cirr and Hobo, I was more confident in Cirr being village, but now that I've had that thought I'm not so sure. And actually, could they both be mafia here? With so low numbers mafia could get aggressive and try to force Samur's hand and then subsequently a mislynch.

To me, our lynch target should be between Casual, Hobo, or Cirr. Casual because Samur was sus of them and tried to shoot them, and Cirr and Hobo as explained above. I'm torn because my gut says that at least one of Cirr or Hobo could be mafia, but Samur was confident they were both village. I think I know how Cirr and Hobo would feel and they'll say they want a Casual lynch, and if Samur also wanted a Casual lynch it might just be best to vote Casual.

Vote: Casual
I can get a longer "defense" up later, but again Monday I'm usually pretty busy which is why I was trying to post much more on Sunday. I'm not sure how/why people are sus of me so if you could explain why then I could give you a better answer. My best guess for why is my activity, but again I've had other things going on.

I'm most sus of Casual, but if Jane is shooting them then voting them is probably obsolete at this point, but Casual's activity and Samur's suspicion of them makes them the biggest red flag for me, followed by Hobo and then Jane. Although if Jane was if then Casual getting shot here will end the game, so I guess we'll see. 🤷‍♂️ And it's far too big-brained for maf to shoot themselves, so if it's not Jane/Hobo as mafia then it's Casual/Hobo.

Vote: Casual

greenchu

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Okay cool I got ninja'd by the host, that confirms it's Hobo then.

Vote: Hobo

JaneWolf

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
Question why are we trusting calendar? They asked to media to contact them?

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
I assume you mean mafia? either way, cause mafia isn't contacting them. And they really have no reason to lie. Calendar just wants to kill Apollo and win.

Also this means that last maf is greenchu then most likely. Awesome.

Vote: Greenchu.

greenchu

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
I don't see any reason for Calendar to lie about who they visited? If mafia contacted had contacted him I would assume it'd make more sense for Casual to do so because she was the most suspicious, more so than Argentum (if this was a ruse, which again I don't think it is), and clearing the most sus individual between the 2 of them would benefit mafia the most and make the most sense.

JaneWolf

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
I just don't trust third parties and don't this we should listen to them

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Honestly, I’m going out on a limb and going for Kesha. Seems weird that they were supposedly ninja’ed by the host two minutes before they posted.

Edit: Forgot to say:
Vote: Greenchu

SweatingCalendar

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Hey guys so first I want to apologize cuz what Im about to state might be controversial/upsetting

If you dont want to read an essay long big post all you need to know is that Greenchu is maf and Ive been village aligned since the start of d1.

Vote: Greenchu

Im sorry Greenchu, cuz you had no idea and you had no way of knowing whats been going on in the background of this game.

So here’s the explanation:

1. I was originally 3rd party, my goal was to find the Cop. N1 I investigated Argentum.
  2. At the start of D1, the Cop (Sol) gets NK so VGBM turned me into a vanillager, taking away my immortality and my ability to investigate but still giving me the results of my N1 investigation that Argentum was a vanillager. My new goal was to help village win and the real split has been hidden this entire game as there really isnt a 3rd party anymore.
  3. At the start of D1 I decided I was going to still pretend I was 3rd party, lying to state I was looking for Apollo to bait mafia into contacting me as well as an easy way to both clear myself and avoid being nk/lynched
  4. Nervous because after D1 we looked to be on the brink of losing, I decided to contact Argentum n2, explained the whole situation to them, and have been in contact with them to help plan what to do going forward
  5. Shortly after Jane shoots Casual, Greenchu contacts me stating that Jane is Apollo, theres no reason for a villager to give me this info.
  6. The real current split is 4/1, not 3/1/1. The real split has been hidden from y’all the entire game

Originally as you can see with Argentum’s post, the plan was to lowkey push Greenchu being lynched, but it might be better to be upfront with this info instead of dragging this out.

Any and all skepticism to this is understandable, so if you feel uncomfortable lynching Greenchu, lynch me instead. My immortality has been removed from me and when I die, I will be revealed as village aligned, clearing everything I just told you to be true

You could also lynch literally anybody else, cuz if the split really was 3/1/1, then this is MYLO, you will see after the lynch and the NK the split would be 1/1/1 with the game still going, if Greenchu NKs me, my alignment will show up as village showing Ive been telling the truth, if anybody but me is NKed then the game will continue showing what Ive said to be true, if after telling y’all this, maf then decides not to nk then that should look sus as all hell. If Apollo dies at any point, I will still be in the game so that is another indicator Im telling the truth.

In conclusion, this game is over and I apologize if I ruined this game for anybody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)