• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Turnabout Mafia

Thread Description
N2 ends 10/28, 12:30 PM PST

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
honestly there isn't much we can do regarding claims - i personally think claiming items is a bad idea due to the maf roles? but not that certain

since we're gonna have to scumhunt hard, i guess we should at least get everyone to speak up, and discuss whether there's any point to be made about solaris's death, i guess

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
OOF, rip cop

I'm not so sure on the claiming items idea, Apollo's verification doesn't mean much bc I don't think Mafia's going to lie about items if he's still around

Scumhunting is the way to go here, even with as little as we have to go on.

I'm not sure I see too much in the decision to kill Sol, I'm under the impression that she's known to be a pretty strong player. Then again, take my opinion with a grain of salt here, NK analysis isn't my thing.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
... wait, i just double checked the rules

this game is intended to have players randomly receive evidences.

so i guess item claims don't matter after all

just claim 'em before you do anything with them i guess? that sounds best to me

edit: again, since the updated autopsy report exists, i'd recommend not to claim items that early

greenchu

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Yeah I didn't really think about the Apollo thing before I said it (I was watching football and just wanted to get a post in), I figured maf could try to fakeclaim an item at some point to seem innocent but that doesn't make much sense either and Apollo really wouldn't have time to verify every item that's claimed and not used.

That being said, the shocking detail item seems pretty useless for anyone besides the mafia. If anyone does end up getting it we should probably just not even use it. Autopsy Report is also kinda weird to me, that might also not be worth using? The only time it would be a benefit to village I think is just if it hits a mafia member or someone with a fake gun. Or would it be more useful to just burn them (like shocking detail when the lynch is set and just before end phase, or autopsy report on someone without an item) to confirm them? I don't know, I'm probably thinking too hard about something that doesn't matter. Claim before using should be fine.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
the reason why i'm advocating claim before use is because maf may get real guns/autopsy reports and interrupt the use of (plausibly real) items

greenchu

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Fair enough, I was mostly just thinking about those useless items I mentioned. Vests should be hidden, claiming snowball and not throwing it doesn't really do anything useful for us, and guns are guns and I can never predict what Nuzmaf people are going to do with them 🙃

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
claiming snowballs may actually help the count of items, but at the same time i'm not sure whether that'd be more beneficial for village or mafia

edit: come to think of it, i guess claiming snowballs is ok - if we aren't gonna use 'em anyway

JaneWolf

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
Should Apollo claim to viral? That way the third party is out of the game and we don't have to worry about them siding with the mafia. Also, I don't think mafia can turn item claims against us except by sending fabricator to people who have the items.

JaneWolf

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
Should Apollo claim to viral? That way the third party is out of the game and we don't have to worry about them siding with the mafia. Also, I don't think mafia can turn item claims against us except by sending fabricator to people who have the items.

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Considering Calendar's goal is to kill Apollo... yeah I don't think that's a good idea.

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Apollo should definitely stay quiet, we're already down a role and it's probably for the best that we keep our mechanic. I think the claim before use policy is relatively reasonable and I think Greenchu laid out what items should be utilized.

Anyway we know there should be 2-3 items in play, at least 1 normal and 1 fake. If there is a third item in play it'll be also normal. I'm wondering what should be done if a person has a gun, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile for them to shoot it since it can give us a decent chance to find a mafia member. Like we know there's a 2/7 chance of hitting the mafia currently (Assuming Calender is telling the truth and imo it would make sense for them to do so) and we're already in MYLO if mafia got a gun.

We're very much gonna have to take a shot in the dark since mafia aren't exactly pressured currently.

JaneWolf

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 6, 2019
Sorry I just thought Calendar's goal was to find Apollo. Apollo should definitely stay quiet. Shall we get rid of Calendar? Either with a gun or a vote since we don't want to risk an investigation role.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Honestly I think we can just ignore them for now?

Anyway I think we don't have much time left in the phase, so vote: Samur for now

look, I don't have many good ideas at this point

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
day one scumhunting general thoughts:

Man I don't fucking know. Really only read I have is that Cirr is likely village cause he's posting a whole lot. Greenchu and Samur too but they're more likely to be "active mafia" as opposed to Cirr if that makes sense?

Really outside of Cirr I could see either alignment either way. I dunno, I've had a bad morning. I'm tired. This is all I've got.

There's about 3 hours and 40 minutes left in the phase and obviously the vote on Samur is literally just to vote someone today and give us more info. Clearly just seems like a random vote. I'll jump on that wagon I guess (I can't wait for this to backfire and make both Cirr and I scummy as all hell).

Vote: Samur

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
Hey mafia could y'all contact me? It'll help me knock down potential Apollo suspects and if I do find them, village will be out a player, have no PRs left, and I leave the game a winner.

You scratch my back, I scratch yours

Norhian Samur

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
We also can't get rid of Calender even if we tried. They're immune to kills so we basically have to just accept they're there.

Some Stuff I've noticed:

I noticed that @Argentum hasn't said anything so they might be worth looking into.
Greenchu's analysis is solid but nothing too notable imo, I don't know if he's mafia here or not.
Casual is eternally in this weird posistion of alternating between loud and quiet when town as well as me not remembering what they're like as mafia
I just don't remember how jane plays so not sure how to read her
Cirr and Hobo's actions make sense to me? like it sounds weird but I'm more confident in them as town due to trying to lynch me

Anyway looking again at the numbers: We're effectively at 5/3 and potentially at LYLO, since if a mafia member has a gun or a blinder/gets one next day then they basically win next phase, especially since they can easily bribe viral on to their side by promising not to kill and just let Viral find Apollo.

As such we need to take a shot in the dark and hit one of the 2 mafia members, we could try via lynch, but I have a gun and I figured I should attempt to use it here and now, if it's forged then hey we know what the fake item is and we won't have to worry about the other items being faked. (I'm doing this cause we've basically lost if we don't hit a mafia this phase)

I've been looking over people and I think the person I'm gonna take the shot on is Casual, from what I can remember they're fairly active when town, especially on the first day phase, so them being kinda inactive feels weird to me. Apologies if I'm wrong but I don't think we'll get a lynch off realistically so

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Well, I can confidently say without a doubt that I have no clue what to do. I can also say we may be screwed.

Lynching is our best bet (although I almost want to go for a no-lynch, but that’s stupid honestly), and honestly I want to go with Calendar just to be petty like that but well... yeah, kinda can’t.

And Samur has made a post before I can finish typing this out. Not sure what to really say, I’ma try to think and get back to y’all with a better post.

VGBM

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

A shout rang through the courtroom, and everyone turned to look at Samur

What’s this? Samur, you just presented forged evidence! I cannot allow this and must ask you to leave at once!

Samur was a Defense Attorney.

Let the proceedings continue.

Norhian Samur

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Well Shit. That Didn't work.

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
okay. So... welcome to lylo everyone. Since Calendar has literally no reason to work with us.

I dunno why, and I have no evidence for this one way or the other, but now I'm think if we have to vote someone, it's most likely greenchu. Again, no substantial reasoning for this. But we have to get a lynch off today or it's gg.

Vote: Greenchu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)