• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

FAQ  Trophy Clarifications And Frequently Asked Questions

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Have any questions about trophies? Ask 'em here!

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a gal who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For Blaine as Day, the rule is that I can't use Burn Heals. Would it be alright for me to take Full Heals into the battle? This is going to be my inventory for the battle.

JpNI3PA.png
Full Heals are fine. You just can't have a Burn Heal on you when fight him.

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
In the case of Mixed Media runs, for example a Screenshot Written Log run would it fall under Logged and Loaded, or Hit me with your best Screenshot?

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
In the case of Mixed Media runs, for example a Screenshot Written Log run would it fall under Logged and Loaded, or Hit me with your best Screenshot?

If it's a true mixed media run - i.e. it's not heavily skewed towards one over the other - you can pick *one* of them for it to apply to.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
For Dual of the Fates, in the clarification it both says "You can box your starter if they don't have a dual typing" and "As long as you evolve them as soon as is convenient." Does that mean if you get a starter that evolves into a dual type, should you box it until it evolves for it to count, or is it ok if you use it until it evolves naturally?

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a gal who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"or is it ok if you use it until it evolves naturally?"
this, you can use it normally until it evolves

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
For Korrina's trophy, how does Kecleon work with it? To be specific, if my Kecleon gets hit with a Fighting move and then becomes Fighting, does that lock me out of the trophy? If so, if I beat Korrina before she can turn my Pokémon Fighting, does it still allow me to get the trophy?

hologuts

Grimmsnarl Enjoyer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 19, 2022
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
While physically and mentally ill, this Trainer's creativity, quick learning, caring nature, and stubbornness means Arceus needed to nerf them.
So I plan to have a GenerationLocke go through each region and write out my results by having each leg be its own contained story. Say, for example, I completed Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, but failed in Sinnoh. I'm guessing I'd get the trophies for Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, but would I get the So It Is Written trophy since I completed the 3 previous legs, or no, since technically the GenerationLocke itself wasn't completed?

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: I mean the r/nuzlocke variation of a GenerationLocke (do a run in each generation, transferring babies of each champion survivor to the next game), not the Nuzlocke Rating system version of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread