• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Train, Store, Release

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Normal-types!? Count me in.

Train: Porygon2. It's bulky, it's versatile, it can Recover, it's really freakin' good.
Box: Furfrou. I've never really gotten a chance to use this thing. Having an extra weakness due to Fluffy is unfortunate, but it's a solid 'mon.
Release: Miltank. Is it good? Absolutely. Do I care for it? Nope.

I guess I'll follow up Ghost-types with some of my fav pure Ghosts. Dusknoir, Cofagrigus, Cursola

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Train: Dusknoir. I just like their design and have an attachment to them thanks to playing PMD Explorers of Time.
Box: Cursola. It's got a very cool design, but I can imagine filling what would be their slot in my party with something else.
Release: Confagrigus. I just don't really care for it and I've never really found myself interested in it.

Venusaur, Blastoise, Pikachu

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Party Blastoise because it's always been great for me, even as a Charizard fan.
Box Pikachu because it's also been pretty solid, but I want to leave it until I find a Thunder Stone.
Release Venusaur, it's my least favorite of the Kanto starters.

Buizel, Budew, Bidoof

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
I guess I can tackle this trio.

Train: Bidoof. I mean, it's not that bad. Would I prefer Starly? Yes. Would I be torn up over a Bidoof? No.
Box: Budew. Ugh, I hate training this thing. It's worth it in the long run but honestly...eh...
Release: Buizel. Can't say I'm a fan. Among a literal sea of Water-types it's pretty underwhelming.

Running low on ideas, so...fastest non-legendary non-Mega 'mons! Ninjask, Electrode, Accelgor

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Train: Electrode. (I say this only because I wrote about the most adorable baby Voltorb ever. Of all time.)
Box: Accelgor. (Fast bug who gets underrated because of its evolutionary counterpart gets more screentime. Still a great mon.)
Release: Ninjask. (No offense meant to the cicada, but he just loses out.)

Hmm...time for farm mons! Miltank, Tauros, Dubwool.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Train: Dubwool! Wooloo is an adorable fren and I really like the evolution
Box: Tauros, a very promising 'mon that I've seen @greenbeanbottle use really well lately
Release: Miltank for some pretty obvious reasons ;p

Sound based Normal types: Exploud, Chatot, Meloetta

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Party Meloetta. That's a gosh-darn legendary, mate.
Box Exploud. I like the design and it can learn some good moves.
Release Chatot. One of my least favorite Pokemon of all time. Blame the Mystery Dungeon series.

ELEPHANTS! Donphan, Mamoswine, Copperajah.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Party Mamoswine since I've never used it and would really like to since I've used Piloswine before.
Box Copperajah-I'm using it in Shield and I quite like it, but I gotta go with something I haven't used.
Release Donphan since it doesn't interest me quite as much, but I wouldn't mind using it sometime. It just loses out in this set.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres (Kanto forms)

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Party: Articuno. I love this bird
Box: Moltres. Who doesn´t like a fire bird.
Release: Zapdos, I like it, but I love the other two even more.

How about: Entei, Raikou, Suicune.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Party: Entei. I just like it. A Fire Type Lion-Dog is a combination of almost everything I love in one pokemon, plus blame the movies for giving it too much love.
Box: Raikou. I love its design (though I love its beta design even more), I love its Yokai inspirations, and it reminds me a bit of Battle Cat from He-Man.
Release: Suicune. Nothing personal but I had tiny bit too much of you, blame Crystal for giving your too much love compared to your siblings. I'm sure others will be happy to adopt you.

Let's try these bunch of solid second stages: Altaria, Bronzong, Pangoro.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
i like them all tho dkj;fhsdjgh

Train: Altaria, a bulky and fluffy Dragon type fren with coverage and moves like Heal Bell
Box: Bronzong, which is also awesome but I've used one a lot before
Release: Pangoro as cool as it is, I just had to get rid of one

Ghost type edition: Banette, Gourgeist, Palossand

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Train: Palossand. This design is actually hilarious. its just a sandcastle, but haunted, and somehow it manages to be one of the funniest object mon ive ever seen. it has no reason to not bebashed mercilessly like vanilluxe and Klingklang, but i guess thats just because it's not a gen 5 pokemon.
Box: Banette. A comically underutilized ghost type. I like the design concept, butit has nowhere near the sheer amount of comedic effect that palossand has.
Release: Gourgeist. "OoOoOh im spOoOky" yeah ok you're not the first ghost type to be spooky. get outta here you orange ass phallic looking generic squash.

now time for unpopular/bad gen 4 evos: Lickylicky, Magmortar, Ambipom

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Party: Magmortar. Who the hell hates Magmortar? It's got CANNONS FOR ARMS and is AWESOME. Is it because people think that his head looks like poo?
Box: Ambipom. I've heard people defend Ambipom as a necessary evolution because Aipom can't do much on his own, and apparently it's actually good, so I'd probably like to give it a shot.
Release Lickylicky. I'm not defending you. You suck.

On the opposite end, popular/good Gen. 4 evos: Weavile, Roserade, Gallade.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Train: Gallade. Great Pokemon, really strong, and I love the design.
Box: Roserade. Again, another great Pokemon and one I've used many times. I definitely wouldn't mind training one up again.
Release: Weavile. I like Weavile, but it tends to come late, is pretty frail, and 4x weaknesses make me nervous, especially since Fighting moves come on all sorts of Pokemon.

How about...Gen 4 Pokemon you have to do unusual things to catch? Spiritomb, Rotom, Munchlax

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Release: Gourgeist. "OoOoOh im spOoOky" yeah ok you're not the first ghost type to be spooky. get outta here you orange ass phallic looking generic squash
hello this made me laugh kasdfhcskdj also i will never look at that pokemon in the same way oh no

Train: Spiritomb. An awesome Pokemon which always serves me well in fangames/enhancement hacks and is impossible for me to obtain otherwise
Box: Rotom, An incredibly versatile 'mon which could easily fill a hole if my team needed it
Release: Munchlax, other Normal types aren't that hard to come by

"Gen 5 has many stronk Fighting types edition" - Sawk, Conkeldurr, Mienshao

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Gonna be unpopular and train Conkeldurr-it's been solid for me before and I honestly don't mind the design?
Box Mienshao until I find an Exp. Share-it's grown on me, but that level 50 evolution...
Release Sawk, it's kinda meh compared to the others. Don't dislike it though.

Sssssssnakes: Serperior, Seviper, Steelix

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Serperior. Making this choice off of pure bias alone. I love Serperior, even if it isn't great without Contrary.
Box: Steelix. Steel-types are always great to have in a nuzlocke.
Release: Seviper. Okay, look, Seviper actually has some neat tools. It gets some pretty not awful moves like Earthquake, X-Scissor, and Flamethrower. It's just that it doesn't have the right stats.

Single-stage fish 'mons next: Qwilfish, Basculin, Bruxish

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Train: Quilfish. One of the most underrated pokemon in existance. This is a crime. The design is great, it's not comically weak like some other gen 2 single stage evolutions. I like it a lot. Unfortunately, it's hard to find and also kinda got shafted while a bunch of other gen 2 single stage mons got evolutions. Maybe if an important trainer used it in the games or if a main character used it in the anime, we'd be singing a different tune here.

Box: Bruxish. It's design is hilariously gaudy, which I actually like. It has a good typing, too, but I'd prefer to use starmie or slowking over it.

Release: Basculin. Fish. It's a piranha, which means it has more going for it than Goldeen or Finneon, and it also makes for a good HM user when exploring the optional areas of Unova, but like- There's so many other better water types, like Swanna or Samurott or Semipour or Jellicent or or Seisemitoad or Carracosta or Alomamola or Keldeo or Douse Drive Genesect or-

Speaking of fish: mythical psychic types.
Victini, Celebi, Jirachi

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
Train: Jirachi. I'm a sucker for steel types, and how could you not love that adorable star child? Unless you got paraflinched by it in the past... Guess that's understandable. It's also the only one of the three I haven't managed to get yet, so it'll be a first.
Store: Celebi. I like it a lot, but not as much as Jirachi. It has a lot of weaknesses, including a double weakness to Bug. And I already have three of this dang thing, with the HGSS event, the one given to you via Bank, and the one in VC gsc.
Release: Victini. I despise this little fiery rat for very personal reasons. I won't get into details to spare you all a headache, but this rascal gives me horrible memories, and the less I have to see or think of it, the better.

Now for my top 3 favorites: Zangoose, Slurpuff, Sylveon.

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Sylveon. I have to admit that I've never used this 'mon and it seems really really good.
Box: Zangoose. Criminally underrated.
Release: Slurpuff. It's not bad, and don't get me wrong, I really like the Pokémon, but it just doesn't do enough to beat out the other two.

Hmm...random, but Ice Stone evolutions! Alolan Sandslash, Alolan Ninetales, Galarian Darmanitan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)