• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Train, Store, Release

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Train: Grookey - drums go brr brr
Store: Sobble - I like the design... just not of is evolutions
Release: Scorbunny - I'm not a big fan of fire starters

Piloswine, Quagsire, Gliscor

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Train: Gliscor - Bulky friend
Box: Quagsire - Derp.mp4
Release: Piloswine, Mamoswine better

Magmar, Electabuzz, Jynx

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Hnnng

I'm actually going to party Jynx because I've never used one and want to try it.
Box Electabuzz since I also want to use Electivire, but I've used 'Buzz before.
Release Magmar since I've also used it and Magmortar before, so I'll let someone else try it.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Palkia. So freakin' good, and my favorite design of the three. Water / Dragon is just so busted.
Box: Giratina. I really like the design and it's bulky af.
Release: Dialga. Okay, so it's really good, but it's kinda...eh, not as much of a fan.

On the topic of Gen IV legendary trios... Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Train - Azelf. Offensive speedy threat? How about all my yes?!
Box - Uxie. Amazing defensive mon. Also all my yes.
Release - Mesprit. Why do you have to be a roaming Pokemon? Why?!

Okay, how about another legendary trio? Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. All Therian formes.

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Train: Landorus-T. you've seen gen 6-7 competitive right?
Box: Thundurus-T. I like it's design. seems like a natural form of a genie.
Release Tornadus-T. Pure flying is a unique typing, but the design to me doesn't really match up to Thundurous-T.

Hmm... Abra, Ralts, Solosis

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Abra. Honestly Abra once it evolves is really freaking good.
Box: Ralts. Evolves fairly early and is generally quite powerful. An all-around good choice.
Release: Solosis. I actually like this Pokémon the most out of these three (my green squishy boi) but I don't think it beats out the other two.

Uh, let's do some good bois. Arcanine, Stoutland, Boltund

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Train: Stoutland -- I've got a significant attachment to it thanks to it being very powerful and a bright spot in a generation I largely dislike.
Box: Boltund -- I've managed to get good use out of it in mono-Electric Shield. Main thing is just that since it levels so fast, I've felt little need to actually train it.
Release: Arcanine -- I just don't have the attachment to it that I have to the other two.

Just did dogs, so how about cats? Persian, Delcatty, Liepard

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Train - Persian! I've never used one and its stats aren't impressive bar Speed. But Technician on it is an interesting Ability, and it could maybe try Fake Out/Taunt/Pay Day for more in-game money? Maybe? ;adkdfds;k let's hope the poor thing doesn't die...
Box - Liepard. Prankster is a great Ability and it can run more support moves than Persian, but my time in BW2 has made me a bit tired of seeing these cats so into the box it goes.
Release - Delcatty. I'm just not a fan of this one, apparently it evolves via wasting a precious Moon Stone too...

Unova 'mons which aren't the most popular: Watchog, Garbodor, Vanilliuxe

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Vanilluxe. Ice cream boi is best boi. Also actually not all that bad. Ice-type might be a yikes but its offensive toolkit is pretty solid.
Box: Garbodor. I really like Garbodor, the main downside is that its stats are all painfully average. BUT it could be solid.
Release: Watchog. I'm not a particular fan of this one, even if it gets Hypnosis and generally good utility early on.

Let's do some early butterfly 'mons. Butterfree, Beautifly, Vivillon

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Train: Vivillon. It has some beautiful patterns; I love the sandstorm pattern one.
Box: Beautifly. Very underrated mon. Love its utility.
Release: Butterfree. No offense meant, but I use it all the time in Kanto.

How about bug/poison mons? Beedrill, Dustox, and Venomoth.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Interesting!

Train: Venomoth. The one I used the least, and I always loved Venonant (and was really happy when the Let's Go games finally introduced it as a rather early bug).
Box: Dustox. A really good early mon who served me well in my Hoenn adventures, that can actually remain somewhat decent over time.
Release: Great design, ok early mon, very bad late game mon. If I could Mega it however...

Here be (less popular) dragons (all with the same total base stats btw):
Druddigon, Drampa, Turtonator

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Drampa. Berserk is a pretty neat ability and it's pretty solidly bulky while not sacrificing power.
Box: Turtonator. I really like the idea, it's not a Pokémon I remember often but it certainly isn't bad.
Release: Druddigon. Eh...I really don't like the design, and it screams generic dragon.

Hmmm...let's do some mons from Sword and Shield that I repeatedly forget exist: Pincurchin, Eiscue, Indeedee

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Train: Pinchurchin: its tiny and adorable and theres a reason it's in my (wip) pokemon red romhack (link in my signature)
Box: Indeedee: In case I ever do competitive battling.
Release: Eiscue: On one hand its design concept is hilarious, but on the other hand its a penguin that had its head smashed into an ice cube.

Lilligant, Bellossom, Roserade

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Train: Roserade. This is one of my favourite 'mons, what an amazing masked badass
Box: Bellossom. I can't say this one is my favourite, but it's still interesting - Strength Sap and Quiver Dance could be awesome
Release: Lilligant. I used an awesome one in my White nuzlocke so this is nothing personal, but I'd rather try out a Pokemon that I haven't used before if given the choice

On the subject of Grass types: Tangrowth, Meganium, Eldegoss

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Party Tangrowth becuase I've used it before and it was solid, but I wish I'd gotten to use it longer.
Box Eldegoss since it's not Meganium.
Kill Meganium with fire-I'll never forgive it killing half my team in a locke once.

Gliscor, Weavile, Gallade

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Gallade. Easily one of my favorite Pokémon in the entire series.
Box: Weavile. Another very cool 'mon, and a super efficient attacker at that. Shame about the frailty though.
Release: Gliscor. Eh, unfortunately I have to pick one to release and Gliscor just happens to get the boot this time.

Let's also do some Gen 4 evolutions of previous gen Pokémon, but less viable! Lickilicky, Probopass, Rhyperior

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Train: Lickilicky. Never used one, people seem to hate it, both two awesome reasons to give it a try!
Box: Rhyperior. Never used one and didn't even get to use a Rhydon as far as I remember. Would love to give this one a go (even though I like Rhydon's design far better).
Release: Probopass. Shame I have to release this one as I really liked using it in my games.

Let's click random (and then evolve), and see what happens: Orbeetle, Pangoro, Honchkrow?

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Orbeetle. Haven't really had a chance to use this guy, but it seems cool!
Box: Honchkrow. Cool design, maybe not as good stats.
Release: Pangoro. I really do like Pangoro, but I just don't have as much of an attachment to it.

Let's do some weather setters next! Pelipper, Hippowdon, Abomasnow

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Train: Hippowdon. Bulky lad, and really good support for a number of my favorite mons, like Scizor and Dugtrio.
Box: Barack Obamasnow. Cool name, not so cool 4x Fire weakness and weather that only helps out one type of pokemon.
Release: Pelipper. I'm sick of seeing this bird literally metaphorically everywhere I go.

Porygon2, Furfrou, Miltank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)