• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Train, Store, Release

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Heatran. I mean, I'm not one to use legendaries but given the option? Gimme.
Box: Ferrothorn. Keeping defensive mons as backup can be really really nice, but its lack of offensive power is worrisome.
Release: Empoleon. For the record, I really flipped between Ferrothorn and Empoleon for this spot, but I just like Ferrothorn better. Empoleon is great though.

Let's do some Ultra Beasts next, between the three introduced in USUM: Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Ugh, I hate the Ultra Beasts :cybercrime:

I guess I'll party Naganadel since it at least kinda looks like a Pokémon and I like the typing.
Box Stakatakablahblahblah since the design is okay.
Throw Blacephalon in the trash. It looks like a freaking clown, no thanks.

Inspired by the banner above me: Jynx, Tauros, Scyther

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Interesting! Can I evolve Scyther? Let's assume I can't as it makes it even harder to decide.

Train: Scyther. One of my favorite pokemon as I child, yet I never got to use one as they are usually really rare to find. Would love to give one a chance.
Box: Tauros. Just a really good pokemon, intimidate, good stats, served me well on my adventures.
Release: Jynx. Unlike most folks I guess I actually like Jynx. She is not the strongest pokemon but Ice Psychic is an interesting type combo, her inspirations for design are interesting (assuming you go for the perhaps naïve approach of assuming there was no intent for any racial stereotypes in its design). Still, among these options, I choose it last.

I'll go for the other three pokemon from the banner as it is still really interesting to choose from: Fearow, Rapidash, Victreebel

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Train: Victreebel. Great design, and a solid offensive mon. I wish it learned razor leaf earlier as a Weepinbell, but overall, it's good.
Box: Fearow. A very good bird who has a solid design and decent stats where it matters.
Release: Rapidash. Sorry, but while I like its design, it just struggles in gameplay.

Let's see...how about some unused grass types? Sunflora, Jumpluff, Bellossom.

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Grass types? Count me in!

Train: Jumpluff. Its offenses ma be garbage, sure, and getting it up from a Hoppip is mind numbingly awful, but the trade off is the fastest Sleep Powder and decent recovery. It works.
Box: Bellossom. Also gets recovery and easier to train, but a little bulkier and a lot slower.
Release: Sunflora. I really don't want to deal with Sunkern...

Let's do some of the weaker fish mons next: Seaking, Lumineon, Wishiwashi

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Party Wishiwashi. Apparently its alternate form makes it usable, and that form looks really cool so I’ll give it a shot.
Box Lumineon. It looks pretty.
Release Seaking. No reason for it to exist.

Salamence, Hydreigon, Haxorus.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Train: Haxorus. Excellent design, really cool shiny, fast and strong especially with Dragon Dance, and evolves the fastest of the three.
Box: Salamence. Another cool Pokemon, but I've never used one and it evolves later than Haxorus.
Release: Hydreigon. Really cool design and typing, but that evolution level...Not to mention the 4X weakness to Fairy.

Let's go with the Pink Pokemon from Gen 1: Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Chansey

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Train: Clefairy. in gen 1 you can just slap whatever tms on it and have fun
Box: Chansey. I've never used it, probably since a single brick break from a mon 5 levels below it can take it out. It's still got some bulk tho so not useless
Release: Jigglypuff

next: furbait. Lucario, Gardevior, Delphox

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Oh, boy.

Train: Lucario. Definitely the best out of the three (although I like Gardevoir more). Fast, great typing, wide movepool, Lucario's got it all.
Box: Gardevoir. While definitely great in the newer generations, isn't amazing by any stretch. A perfectly good and serviceable mon but Lucario's just better.
Release: Delphox. Yes, it's a starter, but honestly it's not all too impressive.

Let's do a few regional evolutions from Sword/Shield: Sirfetch'd, Cursola, Obstagoon

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Train: Cursola, ghost that haunts us for our misdeeds, I want one
Box: sirfetch'd, he is the crit man
release: Obstagoon, bad memories
More regional evolutions: Perrserker, Runerigus, Mr.Rime

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Train - Runerigus. I don't care about the weird evolution; it simply is a dominant physical force of nature.
Box - Perrserker. A Meowth evolution based on Norse Vikings? Yes please!
Release (with extreme prejudice) - Mr. Rime. An abomination of all abominations. Kill it with fire.

How about grass legends? Shaymin, Celebi, Calyrex.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
Train: Shaymin! What an adorable bean this Pokemon is, they are truly friend shaped, i want one irl so i can give them cuddles, also Seed Flare is epic and can wreck everything
Box: Celebi. While I love this celery child, Bug type coverage is quite common with U-Turn being a thing, so they might be safest in the PC
Release: Calyrex, who would be my least favourite Grass type if Bellsprout did not exist D: the poor thing's legs hang limp like they were broken and they have what looks like a massive swelling growth for a head

Edit: Water Starter time - Primarina, Inteleon, Samurott

greenbeanbottle

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Train: Primarina. Very solid all-around threat. Good bulk, great typing, good offenses, just very good all around.
Box: Inteleon. Great sweeping capability but overall a little too frail for my liking.
Release: Samurott. Kinda like Inteleon's offenses with Primarina's lack of speed. Also I've just never been a huge fan of its design.

Let's do some Dusk Stone evolutions! Honchkrow, Mismagius, Chandelure

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Train: Honchkrow - I love Birds
Box: MIsmagious - They are adorable
Release: Chandelure - Sorry buddy.

How about Shiny Stone evos: Florges, CInccino, Roserade?

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Train: Roserade. I love using Roserade and they can be incredibly strong! Also, excellent design.
Box: Florges. Another very pretty design and a solid Fairy type.
Release: Cinccino. I like it fine, but not as much as the other two.

Let's go with...Gender Based evolutions.
Gallade, Froslass, Salazzle

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Train: Froslass. Ghost/Ice type? Sign me up! Even though I'd actually prefer Glalie but ehhh
Box: Gallade. He's a fine lad, and as far as I know, pretty powerful too.
Release: Salazzle... honestly she just makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Might as well continue the gender specific evos... and coincidentally the three remaining ones are all gen 4 bug types. Huh.
Mothim, Wormadam, Vespiquen.

Thirteenth

eternally crying over the botw trilogy
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
The reason she guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that she wants them to hurry up and leave.
Train Vespiquen because it's decent.
Box Mothim because I really like Mothim for some reason.
Release Womadam. Eh.

I'm doing grass/ghost runs for UCL and I've had the same core three Pokemon for the majority of my FireRed run so: Venusaur, Vileplume, and Parasect.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
I guess I'll party Venusaur since it's the strongest, even though it's my least favorite of the Kanto starters.
Box Parasect since I had a decent one in a run a long time ago.
Release Vileplume, just not really a fan.

The Hitmons: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
Party Hitmontop. They're really rare, and Hardyt3kyoyo did amazing things with Chigusa the Hitmontop.
Could go either way between the others, but box Hitmonchan and release Hitmonlee because I like Hitmonchan's design more.

Scrafty, Fletchinder, Houndoom.

LHarm

Professional Shitposter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is too lazy to put a good Pokédex entry.
Train: Fletchinder, my first Pokémon game was a fan game on Roblox named Pokémon Brick Bronze and they were on my party.
Store: Houndoom, fire doggy.
Release: Scrafty, it’s cool but I have absolutely no attachment.

I have a Sword and Shield Nuzlocke coming on Pokémon Day so... Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)