• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

To whom it may concern,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsidian Champion

bump
⚪ Team Theta ⚪
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Following the directions left in your letter, you find yourself high atop Mt. Bravado, at the entrance of a grand courtyard. Have you been here before? The place looks well maintained, and well trodden for an ‘abandoned’ mountain. The bulletin board that says EVENTS across the top is clearly new. That much is clear, even under a thin layer of thawing snow from the recent storm. The single page pinned to the board flutters in the breeze, beckoning you to read it.

You can see your breath rising in constant, frosty clouds; winter will soon be here on the mountain. However, seems like the Zoroark snoring across the way didn’t get the memo. They’re covered in a healthy dusting of snow still, so gods only know how long they’ve been there. There is a mailman’s messenger bag propped up next to them… Maybe they know about your letter?

IMG_3261.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Obsidian Champion

bump
⚪ Team Theta ⚪
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMG_3263.png

>> There are better places to sleep than on the snow, you know?
>> Porter wake up, you fucked up big time.

>> There are better places to sleep than on the snow, you know?

IMG_3251.PNG
[The Zoroark gives a large yawn, flashing their many sharp teeth. They brush the snow leisurely from their coat as they speak, clearly unfussed by the cold.]

PORTER
I’m going to pretend you didn’t just say that.

So, you got my letter? I was starting to think I’d missed yours in the mountain of them Darkrai gave me to deliver.

Heh, nice. Still got it.

>> Ask about the bulletin board
>> How many letter could you possibly have to send?

⚫
>> Porter wake up, you fucked up big time.

IMG_3250.PNG
[A wide, toothy smile breaks across their muzzle in a snark slash. They shake the snow from their fur wildly as they stand, hitting you with more than a few lumps of ice. Brrrr…]

PORTER
Aw, I’m flattered! You remembered my name!

But, of course you did. Who could possibly forget Porter Onyx Icepaw, messenger of the gods?

That’s rhetorical. Don’t answer that.

Please.

>> Who are you, again?
>> Thought you died.

⚫

IMG_3250.PNG
[Porter smiles, and walks over to give the wooden board a pat. The gesture seems affectionate… At least, as affectionate as one can be to a bulletin board.]

PORTER
Isn’t it beautiful? I made it myself out of some old wood lying around the temple. Bookcases and the like. Probably from it’s glory days.

Totally professional, right? … Just don’t look at the back. That part is definitely a safety hazard.

>> Read the notice

⚫
>> How many letter could you possible have to send?

IMG_3251.PNG

PORTER
2,222 letters, give or take. All hand sealed.

But who's counting?

>> Ask about the board
>> Read the notice on the board

⚫

>> Who are you again?

IMG_3252.PNG

PORTER
[They’ve looked away from you.]

>> Read the notice on the bulletin board

⚫
>> Thought you died.

IMG_3250.PNG

PORTER
I got better.

[You don’t think Pokemon recover from being dead, but alright.]

>> Ask about the bulletin board.
>> Read the notice on the bulletin board

⚫

>> Read the Notice on the board

IMG_3250.PNG

[You look closely at the parchment that beckoned you when you arrived, only for Porter to snatch it from under your nose.

Guess if you wanted to read it yourself, you shouldn’t have woken them up.]

PORTER
Come one come all, to Mt. Bravado’s first annual Holiday Gift Exchange: the Starlight Carnival!

Offer your talents forward to the Tribunal, and spread the seasonal cheer to your fellows.

Authors and artists are always in need, but creatives of all kinds may join the festivities. If you are unsure if you are eligible to participate, reach out to an event runner.

The Tribunal shows extra favor to those who participate in the exchange, but especially for those who go above and beyond in lending a helping hand.

Sign-ups will close in yadda yadda yadda...

[They mutter over the dates and what sounds like many other important details before pinning the notice back on the board.]

>> Yeah, maybe I should read that myself.
>> Starlight Carnival? This just sounds like Secret Santa.

⚫
>> Starlight Carnival? This just sounds like Secret Santa.

IMG_3251.PNG

PORTER
What the fuck is a ‘Santa’.

[They seem either genuinely perplexed, or perhaps they are just messing with you. Likely the latter.

You decide to just respect this cultural difference, lest you get fucked with further.]

>> Read the notice (for real this time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread