• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Hoenn Teen Tim's Very Ordinary Emerald Nuzlocke Run (Updated Sundays/Thursdays)

Thread Description
Tim's very first Nuzlocke adventure will take him all the way through the Hoenn region. Will he become Pokemon champion or will only death and destruction meet him?

Numbuh296

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 7, 2020
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Grass
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love how Norman recognizes Ransom as doing much more work than Tim. It looks like Tim gave up mid battle when he thought that Ransom was going to die. Ransom saved Doggie's life and evolved against impossible odds, giving him the gym badge.
Say what you will about gym leaders, but they know who deserves badges and who doesn't.
pokémon but the pokémon get the prizes and the money and the trainer is just kinda this sugar baby
NO GODS NO MASTERS, ONLY 'MONS
SCEPTILE LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO punch norman for the face for still being a dick about everything
What? All Norman wanted to do was kill Tim's team to teach him an important lesson about teamwork.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Wait hold on how is he pinning a badge to a Pokemon's body

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
*stabs pin into your skin* "yeah gj this is yours now"

ponibutts

nerd
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Dragon
maybe badges are magnetic. ransom has nerves of steel, after all.

Numbuh296

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 7, 2020
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Grass
Wait hold on how is he pinning a badge to a Pokemon's body
Very securely
*stabs pin into your skin* "yeah gj this is yours now"
What? He's made of grass, it'll heal!
maybe badges are magnetic. ransom has nerves of steel, after all.
And a heart of gold (mental note: check to see if gold is magnetic)

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
"raise my son for me"

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
tfw ur such a bad dad a pokemon has to take over for you

Numbuh296

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 7, 2020
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Grass

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
looks like slaking is telling norman he's............ slacking in the parenting department

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
that slaking is a better parent than norman.

Numbuh296

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 7, 2020
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Grass

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oh, I love the perspective in the last panel!

ACottontail

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Just the way Tim is staring at the badge. He may have won the gym battle, but did he really earn it? Ransom did do most of the work in the gym battle, and he prevented death twice. Norman is often harsh on Tim, making it even more confusing on whether he was right there or not. I feel like that's what Tim is pondering on that hill.

Numbuh296

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 7, 2020
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Grass
Oh, I love the perspective in the last panel!
Thank you!!! I always like to use this comic to experiment with different ways of expressing what's happening. I'm glad that you like it!
Just the way Tim is staring at the badge. He may have won the gym battle, but did he really earn it? Ransom did do most of the work in the gym battle, and he prevented death twice. Norman is often harsh on Tim, making it even more confusing on whether he was right there or not. I feel like that's what Tim is pondering on that hill.
Gym battles test more than just your Pokemon, after all. This is probably the most complicated "victory" Tim has gotten so far...

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oooh, I sense an emotional talk incoming...!

Nebbles

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oooh the classic of "I CARE about you but don't go and make a scene about it while I tend to your wounds", my favorite........

ACottontail

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I like how your taking some time to show off some quiet non verbal characterization after that intense battle. Doggie looks like she is grateful for Ransom saving her life, though she's embarrassed that she wasn't strong enough to take down Slaking herself. But she's trying to hide that embarrassment with a tough angry act.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)