• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

"Those" moments

Thread Description
When you nearly get a Heart Attack, but everything turns out fine, just barely... Or does it?

dinner

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 4, 2019
Another old forum's thread revival of sorts, I guess. It doesn't really fit under the "fun things" category if your cortisol levels go up that much.

My already half-health (damn Venomoths), TM, PP-Up and vitamin-boosted Seadra I was expecting to me by most critical league fighter got a 1/256 glitch miss with Surf against a Victory Road Graveler that I think should at that point know Selfdestruct, Explosion and Earthquake. I had already lost my second oldest Pokemon Butterfree against another Graveler just a few minutes before, though not because of a miss. It used... Rock Throw, and I survived with a quarter health.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
The amount of 1HP close calls I've had is ridiculous. I also nearly lost my Venusaur in Blue to Lorelei due to hax. Missed Sleep Powder twice, got a crit that negated the boosts and badge boosts, then got crit by Jynx and got down to 9HP.

Cynthia in my no evolving Platinum run was also insane. I'd already lost Rotom to asshole Lucian's Alakazam's crit Psychic, but then lost Medicham and Bronzor against Togekiss to crits. I basically had to rely on Quagsire, since Chimchar and Carnivine weren't going to do much to Garchomp, Lucario, and Milotic. A lot of healing items and no unlucky crits were the key to my success.

I lost everyone in a no healing in battle run of White to the N and Ghetsis combo after having no deaths the entire game. Everyone except Samurott, anyway, who defeated Bisharp in Torrent range.

Then there was the Sword run where I thought I was going to die to Leon's Charizard because everything I had remaning was weak to Fire, but then I remembered I had equipped the Fire resist berry on Perrserker, which was beautiful. Good thing too: Rillaboom had been heavily pressured, I'd banned healing in battle, and Bewear and Frosmoth would have done nothing. Well I think Frosmoth had been given the Choice Scarf, but that wouldn't have done enough.

PageEmperor

The most sinister, satanic Slowking you'll see.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Now has an avatar to commemorate the release of Crown Tundra. What? It is a Galarian Slowking! It's still an evil Slowking rite? RITE!?
This happened years ago, but I thought it would be worth sharing here given the topic.

Was playing Der erif, final gym, my Quagsire vs an opponent's Drought Ninetales. Of course, I don't use a weakened Water move, and use Earthquake instead. But then, Solarbeam happened.

I was ready to hit the reset button.

And then Quagsire takes the hit with 1 HP. Yes I know the other one has like 81 base Sp.Attk but still, a quad weakness targetting the lower defensive stat!

redninjapuffle

The Nuzlocke Kid with stories
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Back in my first Insurgence run, TMNT my Blastoise was a stubborn mon, he would just not die, he tanked two outrages from a salamence, survived critical hits on multiple occassions, etc, such a stubborn mon that made it to the end

Perpetually Underleveled

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 6, 2020
Platinum Notepad (essentially) nuzlocke, final battle against Cyrus. I have a rule to use no more healing items than the opponent but it’s semi-blind, so I’m relying on what my brother told me about various bosses’ healing items, and he told me (mistakenly) that Cyrus only uses one. I’m not sure a second one would have helped anyway though. So at this point I’ve killed Houndoom, Crobat and Weavile, and my Machamp is out, having just knocked out Weavile (this is set mode).I’ve already used the healing item on my Machamp, and now Honchrow is out and can clearly finish off my damaged Machamp, so I have to switch. But I don’t have much to switch into. My Luxray got majorly confusion haxed by the Crobat and is at too low health to switch in, my Bibarel is at full but I need to save him for the Gyarados (he has Thunderbolt), my Torterra is an obvious no. Only my Staraptor and Crobat are healthy enough to have a chance, and both took some noticeable damage from Cyrus’ Crobat. So I switch in Staraptor, hoping to get the intimidate off and be able to survive two hits from there. Nope, Drill Peck does half of Staraptor’s remaining health, clearly does enough to kill on the next hit, even with Intimidate. I outspeed, but I doubt Return will OHKO so I decide to switch in Crobat, who is bulkier than Staraptor and might stand a chance with Intimidate. I switch in and Night Slash fortunately doesn’t crit and puts her barely above half. Ok, that’s good, she can clearly survive another night slash or drill peck. I use fly, and while I’m in the air Honchkrow uses psychic. Ok, that’s bad - I’m doing the damage calculations in my head and sure Honchkrow’s sp. atk is weaker but it’s still base 105, intimidate is irrelevant and that’s 180 base power when I’m at about half. I land, fly of course doesn’t OHKO and I prepare to lose my Crobat. The HP drops down... and stops at 2! I’m just elated and I’m able to finish off Honchkrow with another fly and beat Gyarados with Bibarel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)