• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Written Story Voice Work Showcase Fan The Writer's Locke: Episode Ten!

csidvuL

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Welcome back to The Writer’s Locke, a Nuzlocke Reading Project! This is our final episode for the regular season. As such, this rotation of storylockes is wrapping up. We’ll hear from our authors about these! In October, our final episode will air, covering off Gracidea. Lastly, among all these big changes, Rainey and the team dig into worldbuilding!

This episode, we'll be hearing from:

We've prepared a full transcript for your convenience.

We release episodes every three weeks, on Mondays at 6PM EDT. That means upcoming release dates are as follows:

• October 12 (season finale!)

Your interest and support has gotten us all this far, and we're incredibly grateful for it. If you have any feedback about the transcript or any other aspect of the podcast, we'd love to hear from you! Feel free to drop a post here, in the main Writer's Locke thread, or to send a message direct via forum PM or Discord DM to a member of our crew!

And hey, if you want to discuss the discussion, why not think over a couple of these talking points, or hit us up with your own!:
  • What might a pinterest-type board look like for one of the runs you are reading?
  • Have you come across any unusual real world roots for pokemon regions in nuzlockes?
  • What is the oddest animal or animal behaviour you have researched for writing a nuzlocke?
The Storylockes:

Gracidea
glancesherlock

Poppy is a Flabebe in search of evolution, ascension, to become one with her lifelong companion: a yellow flower. Captured, far from home, and among strange 'mon, she will make the journey her own. Friendship and love and that incessant bee's buzzing all be damned.

All That We Are
Erberor

They called us Beast-Kin, and cast us out

But before long, we were all Kindred to the monsters that ended our world.

Little is known about what led to the Calamity that brought the world to ruin. Some say it was an act of the Gods, some say it was a far darker power - Though it is of little concern now. The Kindred, corrupted fragments of humanity's legacy, have little time to ponder such matters in the face of a broken world.

Ashes to Ashes
Bowser’s Family Vacation

A young girl named Ashley faces an impossible challenge. Her adoptive father is missing, and potentially in danger. Against the wishes of her guardians and of the local professor, she steals away in the night, hoping to find some way to reach him. But before she can, a chance encounter with the rainbow-colored Pokémon of legend grants her the gift of being able to speak with Pokémon--not to mention the weight of a new, remarkable destiny.

Credits:

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I didn't really have any good answers for today's discussion questions, but I would like to say that I found the article on worldbuilding very interesting. Worldbuilding is a major draw for me in writing my Secrets of Aetherai series, and I'll admit I'm guilty of adding little bits of worldbuilding at the end of most of my Ori's Gift chapters -- but my readers seem to enjoy them, and so do I, so I'm going to keep on doing that.

I will say that the characters should drive the plot in a good nuzlocke (or any other story) because the characters are the ones that the audience are going to empathize with (or, in some cases, despise intensely, which is good if that's what you're going for but not so good if it isn't). I've been chastised for overdoing it on worldbuilding with entire chapters of infodumps, so moving forward, I'm going to try to write more character stuff and not go overboard on the details of everything around them.

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Not sure what's more embarrassing, the voice crack in my literal first word of the episode or my mic dying and leaving me to sound like I'm recording the last bit of the podcast from a coffin.

Just want to say thanks to everyone so much for having me on for the last few episodes! It's been wonderful to partake in such a well-run podcast, to be able to discuss nuzlockes with a great little group, to build some chemistry with that illustrious little group and to be a token American in Aussie hour. Yall are phenomenal, and I'm just so glad to see this podcast absolutely slayin' it and making it through a full season. Keep on keepin' on, friends. ❤

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
Don't have much to offer for discussion, unfortunately, but I very much enjoyed this episode, as I enjoyed the others. It was a pleasure to introduce Valna's story, and I thank you all again for the opportunity.

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
This is a little late but I'm really glad for the opportunity to be on this podcast, and I hope you appreciated my contributions~ Hopefully my dunkass was able to be helpful, interesting, or at least amusing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)