Welcome back to The Writer’s Locke, a Nuzlocke Reading Project! We’re continuing with our second rotation of reads, and all delighted to be here!
This episode, we'll be hearing from:
- @Rainey, our gracious host!
- @SilverDoe, reading us Gracidea by @glancesherlock
- @Fullmental, reading us Running Hot by @Zephyr_Iphis
- A short promotional segment. Tune in to find out which storylocke we mention!
- A lively discussion segment on the topic of Starting A Story (concluding with part two!), conducted by @Rainey and with @Metafiction and @OrdoSkirata as guests
- @SayleeK, reading us Stolen Dreams by Rumors
- @Rainey, with some special thanks and our signoff
We've prepared a full transcript for your convenience.
We release episodes every three weeks, on Mondays at 6PM EDT. That means upcoming release dates are as follows:
- July 20
- August 10
- August 31
- September 21
- October 12 (season finale!)
Your interest and support has gotten us all this far, and we're incredibly grateful for it. If you have any feedback about the transcript or any other aspect of the podcast, we'd love to hear from you! Feel free to drop a post here, in the main Writer's Locke thread, or to send a message direct via forum PM or Discord DM to a member of our crew!
(And along those lines! There were some technical issues with the discussion segment of this episode, and our usual miracle worker was unavailable. Yours truly has done her best in the interim! If you're familiar with DAWs and specifically Fairlight, I'd be delighted if you reached out and we had a brain-picking session sometime.)
And hey, if you want to discuss the discussion, why not think over a couple of these talking points, or hit us up with your own!:
- Are you a planner or a pantser?
- Have you ever reverse-engineered a story -- starting from its end? If you have a current storylocke, do you know how it will end?
- What do you think of our host's thoughts on killing all your characters -- good or bad?
Poppy is a Flabebe in search of evolution, ascension, to become one with her lifelong companion: a yellow flower. Captured, far from home, and among strange 'mon, she will make the journey her own. Friendship and love and that incessant bee's buzzing all be damned.
Sometimes in order to move forward, you have to look back. Or at least that’s what Latios says. So when the latest in a series of catastrophes sets her adrift, Ren tries to square with her demons and everything else, good and bad, that led her to this tipping point and plunged her over the edge.
Ren’s story, as she tells it, is about love in all its many forms and permutations. How it soured and broke her, how it warmed and healed her, how it inspired and drove her, and how it’s carried her through—and may well again before the end.
In a twist of circumstance, a young man called Shawn wakes up in the hospital one day, remembering nothing of the last several years of his life. Now, with the help of a wisecracking Wartortle, Shawn must piece together the time between his graduation and the present day--perhaps reckoning with some uncomfortable truths along the way.
sunlight glints off echo canyon's rooftops. phenac's fountains bubble with laughter. the desert wind sings as it slices through pyrite's alleys. motion and change, signs of life, playing in an endless loop.
the cycle continues into its final phase, yet three seek to escape. can they crack the cipher and elude the wheel before it breaks them? or has the spiral progressed too far to stop?
welcome to desert daze
- Producers: @csidvuL, @Rainey
- Editors: @cjapples, @songwithnosoul
- Assistant Editors: @Erberor, @Zephyr_Iphis, @SilverDoe
- Voiceover: @Rainey (host), @SilverDoe (reader), @Fullmental (reader), @SayleeK (reader), @OrdoSkirata and @Metafiction (guests)
- Writers: @glancesherlock, @Zephyr_Iphis, @Rumors
We'd also like to extend a very special thankyou to @glancesherlock, Narximba, Gamaliel, SeaMaid, and YOU.