Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Welcome back to The Writer’s Locke, a Nuzlocke Reading Project! In this episode, we’re concluding our reading of Stolen Dreams with a bonus statement from the author himself! We’re also putting Running Hot on hold for this week and premiering one of the new runs to be featured in the next batch of episodes! In addition, we have a special, extra-long discussion segment to share with you, featuring not two but three returning guests!
This episode, we'll be hearing from:
- @csidvuL filling in for @Rainey!
- @SilverDoe, reading us Gracidea by @glancesherlock
- @Plain Yogurt, reading us All That We Are by @Erberor
- A short promotional segment. Tune in to find out which storylocke we mention!
- A lively discussion segment on the topic of Tropes in Nuzlockes, conducted by @Rainey and with @Metafiction, @csidvuL, and @Erberor as guests
- @SayleeK, reading us Stolen Dreams by Rumors
- A farewell message from @Rumors!
- @csidvuL, with some special thanks and our signoff
We've prepared a full transcript for your convenience.
We release episodes every three weeks, on Mondays at 6PM EDT. That means upcoming release dates are as follows:
- August 10
- August 31
- September 21
- October 12 (season finale!)
Your interest and support has gotten us all this far, and we're incredibly grateful for it. If you have any feedback about the transcript or any other aspect of the podcast, we'd love to hear from you! Feel free to drop a post here, in the main Writer's Locke thread, or to send a message direct via forum PM or Discord DM to a member of our crew!
And hey, if you want to discuss the discussion, why not think over a couple of these talking points, or hit us up with your own!:
- What are some of your favourite tropes to use in your own nuzlockes?
- Are there any nuzlocke tropes that you consider to be overused?
- Have you ever subverted a common nuzlocke trope in your story? How? And what was your audience’s reaction?
Poppy is a Flabebe in search of evolution, ascension, to become one with her lifelong companion: a yellow flower. Captured, far from home, and among strange 'mon, she will make the journey her own. Friendship and love and that incessant bee's buzzing all be damned.
All That We Are
They called us Beast-Kin, and cast us out.
But before long, we were all Kindred to the monsters that ended our world.
Little is known about what led to the Calamity that brought the world to ruin. Some say it was an act of the Gods, some say it was a far darker power - Though it is of little concern now. The Kindred, corrupted fragments of humanity's legacy, have little time to ponder such matters in the face of a broken world.
In a twist of circumstance, a young man called Shawn wakes up in the hospital one day, remembering nothing of the last several years of his life. Now, with the help of a wisecracking Wartortle, Shawn must piece together the time between his graduation and the present day--perhaps reckoning with some uncomfortable truths along the way.
Seasonchild is an experimental take on Unova as you know it. In a town nestled deep in the heart of the Canadian Shield, the spirits watching over the land are cosily integrated into our human society -- and have been, for a long, long time. Seasonchild follows Merrick Seasons, the teenage son to a family of spirits -- as he (mis)uses his talents, makes sense of his strange town, shoos drilburs away from the family garden, and, well... grows up.
Everything changes with the seasons. Everyone, too. And that's all they ever do.
- Producers: @csidvuL, @Rainey
- Editors: @cjapples, @songwithnosoul
- Assistant Editors: @Erberor, @Zephyr_Iphis, @SilverDoe
- Voiceover: @Rainey (host), @csidvuL (host fill-in), @SilverDoe (reader), @Plain Yogurt (reader), @SayleeK (reader), @Erberor, @csidvuL, and @Metafiction (guests)
- Writers: @glancesherlock, @Erberor, @Rumors
We'd also like to extend a very special thankyou to @glancesherlock, Narximba, Gamaliel, SeaMaid, and YOU.