• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Fan Game Mature Commentary The Terribly-Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3: Chapter 124 - My Nazi Academia

Thread Description
A heroic saga of loss, anger and a great number of idiocy induced headaches. Welcome to the wild ride that is Pokemon Rejuvenation! (Updated 01/12/21)

No-name

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Likes vandalizing school buildings and is quite proud of doing so.
Excuse me, I have Flounder V!
He's going to be around foreeeeevvvveeerrrrr!
Their name & lineage indicates otherwise.
Nope. I spelled it correctly.
OH YEAH SURE.
WITH HER ONE BADGE.
That's still more than anyone not-named Sean
Bet she'll still be able to use any HMs she wants though.
Just like everybody else...
Of course. What were you expecting
At least I THINK that's what the reasoning was, I dunno, go re-read Part 2, maybe I have a different answer there?
You don't fuckin have one in Part 2.
But you get closer to that point by the day...
How?
I'm going to have to do it when they finally fix the screenshot button in V13 and I'm not optimistic about how it'll end.
Yeah, about that....
Is this another reference to that SCP shit again?
Yes
Well I imagine the Puppet Master built it but you're right.
How the fuck did he get planning permission in a DOMED city that can't expand for a big block of solid wood and stone?
Magic
Maybe the Puppet Master is the OLD mayor, huh? Out for revenge...or something Scooby Doo-ish like that.
Nope. It's something weirder
My main question is where the fuck Ren is.
Reldin Island since that's where the Xen HQ is?
Jesus Christ, you thought I was called SEEN!?
I also thought that until like, a year ago
It's such a tame "death" that even 4Kids were fine with having it in the Pokemon movie!
4Kids' opinion does not matter. They will censor slapping but will not censor someone jumping off a boat
Honestly, I thought it would be Kanon that'd get stoned because what the fuck else is he doing?
To be fair, Kanon is pretty pointless for most of his existence
b37F1Xrm.jpg
Ceaser continues being the best
Protecting your loved ones should be top priority!

Wf82xzGm.jpg

BFC35EEm.jpg
Ceaser is objectively correct
I also really want to punch you in the face.

dmbAmBjm.jpg
Ceaser is still in fact the best
How do they care for the stone victims there anyway?
They just put them in a pod.
Why is it harder to brush off call-outs when they come from you, Rose?
I think it's because your dynamic with Rose is more of a father-daughter thing as opposed to the sibling-like bond you have with your other pokemon. If Ceaser or Zira calls you out, you can brush them off with everyday sibling-abuse but you can't do that with Rose
She didn't react even a quarter as sad when Jenner and I got thrown in lava and ACTUALLY died.
She was in the middle of battle and really angry. She reacts more reasonably when she calms down.
(Or very likely, because there's not a 0% chance that she's the Stoner herself.)
Yeah, about that...
Why are these kids not obese?
Because this game runs on slap-stick logic.
Who she learned them from is another thing...
She mentions something about a father....
Does Isha just seem like a normal guy to people who don't have a magenta flash near him?
Probably
Unless she can.

CIFhAgbm.jpg

Ooooohhh I hope she can't.

All I've ever wanted to do was smack her a few times but being aware as a statue is a wee bit too much torture for me.
She can.
NCcLtrHm.jpg

You have a problem, Zira.
You realize this fuckin now? After I've been pointing it out to you for like 10 Chapters!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

423xsgam.jpg

BOY!

GUESS WE'RE GOING INTO THE FUCKING WORLD OF DREAMS, BOYS AND GIRLS!
Someone get the Oneiroi Collective here. (That's another SCP reference. They are essentially a bunch of human and non-human entities who live in the dream world.)
XVrOmuWm.jpg

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS NEXT!?
Space, presumably

That is 2 more people from our "group" that have been put out of commission. Frankly they just let Melia & you handle everything since you are the only people with actual plot-relevance staying power.

Anyway, how are you doing Seen?

Last edited:

Sovereign One

The Supreme ruler that never does anything
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 19, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't understand sarcasm yet is quite good dishing it out, he always laughs at inappropriate times,
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A very small trash boy last seen clawing themself out of the gender dumpster.

This would be cute instead of creepy if you guys were a couple. As it is... YIKES.

I always spelled it Tazmania because of that one Looney Tunes cartoon. That's pretty much the sum of my knowledge about Tasmania.
Biggest city I've ever lived in was like 100,000 people so I can't imagine how bad it must have been.

I mean, fair. I spelled it that way until I was twelve myself and I live here!
Okay, so imagine the thickest pea souper fog you've ever experienced. Now make it about 50% wood smoke, because this was the 80s. It was HELL.

That is ironic. But I imagine even with religion, parents that send their kids to private schools want to get their money's worth from it.

Yeah, I reckon so. We did have some really, really good teachers. (Plus one bullying fuckwit who was recently exposed as having tried to grope a bunch of female students. Yikes.)

Hahaha jesus christ what kind of people compare others to Sheldon? That's awful.

Fucking Assholes, that's who. Somehow a whole bunch of people think that a. that show is actually funny (WHAT) and that Sheldon is the 'Poster Boy for Autism'. That's a direct quote, and yes I DID punch that idiot.

But you'd be fine hurting one that's guilty of perjury or tax fraud, yeah?

Well I mean a few of the assholes who go up for tax fraud are about on the same level as a leg-humping mutt but with less than a fraction of the charm...

I'm going to have to do it when they finally fix the screenshot button in V13 and I'm not optimistic about how it'll end.

:ohdear: Please Jan, show mercy. Please don't hurt Maman any more!

How quickly that hatred was re-directed, huh?
All because she failed basic math.

Look if you survived White Knight Chronicles you'd have an instant visceral hatred of bone-deep stupidity too. (The ''''protagonist'''' of those games literally almost doomed the world because he couldn't count to five and no that's not a joke or an exaggeration.)

Both of you need to be committed at this point.
Karen.
"Sensible."
Dear god no.

Well I mean look at the other candidates for 'the sensible one' in this group!

It is always bad when giggling and evil are in the same sentence.
There are no exceptions to this rule.

True. If there's one thing Stephen King has taught us, it's to run AWAY from the creepy giggling.

That's true but it's more annoying that in no games is it ever elaborated on HOW Shadow Pokemon are even created.
So whatever Jan comes up with (if we even see shadow Pokemon again) is still superior to the big nothing the official games give us.

Point. I'm just not sure where I land on the 'no explanation' versus 'Jan's edgy explanation' scale.

Maybe turn her into a Swanna or Absol?

Actually Absol is perfect for her, white and edgy.

I TOLD YOU, YOU'D MISS HER WHEN SHE'S GONE!

I'M SORRY I DIDN'T BELIEVE YOU!

Veronica does the right thing for once and then she IMMEDIATELY gets punished for it.
I won't blame her if she's pissy when she wakes up.

Yeah, gotta admit I'm gonna be a bit easier on her from now on... The one time she tries to step up she gets turned into a goddamn statue.

Whelp. ...That statue-Veronica sprite is kind of shit. I wouldn't even know it's her if I hadn't been told ahead of time.

Melia, that is a provably false statement and you know it.

Welcome to the human experience. It fucking sucks.

Rose, you are too adorable for words.

She didn't react even a quarter as sad when Jenner and I got thrown in lava and ACTUALLY died.

...Oh my god you're right! Melia, what is WRONG with you?!

Well Lavender had a massive brain fart and actually went alone to a meeting when another person was confirmed to have been stoned at a similar meeting.

That's a bit politer than what I've been thinking. Which is that she took the Idiot Ball, scooped out her brain and crammed it into her skull for the express purpose of making the stupidest, shittiest decision possible!

That's two members of the gang now in the clutches of that weirdo Isha.

Whelp, they're probably dead. I don't trust that guy as far as I can throw a bookcase, let alone HIM.

Dear god, these kids should have sodium poisoning! Do you know how much SALT is in those damn things! Not to mention enough rampant sugar to cause diabetes!

All I've ever wanted to do was smack her a few times but being aware as a statue is a wee bit too much torture for me.

Christ I hope she's sleeping in there. Being aware would be... Nope.

GlV8bDMm.jpg

I don't think that'll happen if we continue Veronica's legacy somehow.

You don't find many good people stealing Charizards off their friends after all.

...Is this meant to be Jan's idea of a 'redeem the shitty characters' arc?

HE'S CALLED THE PUPPET MASTER!

The Toy Box...is in the dream world?

Whelp, you're gonna die again. Or we're gonna Inception somebody. Maybe even both.

Nooooooooooope.

Sovereign One

Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 19, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't understand sarcasm yet is quite good dishing it out, he always laughs at inappropriate times,
I guess I shouldn’t tell you that it’s explained as “the grim reaper giving you a free preview of what death looks like” should I?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I guess I shouldn’t tell you that it’s explained as “the grim reaper giving you a free preview of what death looks like” should I?

I would very much appreciate you not, thank you!

spikesgirl1

Lugia Worshiper
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ghost
Ew, cherry-flavored cereal would be awful. Probably would taste like medicine.

Ugh, "Loss." That's one comic/meme I wish I could bury so I'd never see it again.

Huh. I actually thought Lavender would be the statue revealed here, but...can't say I'm sad it's Veronica.

...Okay, now you've got ME kinda shipping Melia and Venam, if only with how much she's yelling about not protecting her.

Oh right, that cutscene did happen, didn't it? Yeah... I mean, I didn't feel sad 'cause I don't care enough about these characters, but that cutscene does make this even lamer.

Why? Because Rose is your oldest partner and friend, of course! Plus, she's cute.

Oh, okay, Lavender avoided a stoning. ...GAH, now you've got me making puns, Sean!

These kids are like an extreme version of sheltered, I swear.

I don't trust her judgement either. She's way too "sunshine and rainbows" about things, especially this Puppet Master.

Oh man, I'm getting Nightmare on Elm Street vibes now. This is gonna be weird, isn't it?

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Wait you made that entire scene? Well done, I genuinely believed that that was in the game, and I’ve PLAYED the game.
The Puppet Master DOES mail Karen and the twins to the group. Dero just rewrote some of the dialogue in the scene to fit it in with the oddities of this nuzlocke series.

Sovereign One

Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 19, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
The Puppet Master DOES mail Karen and the twins to the group. Dero just rewrote some of the dialogue in the scene to fit it in with the oddities of this nuzlocke series.
I knew that part, the added scenes were just edited in so flawlessly I couldn’t tell them apart from the actual ones

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A reclusive creature. Can rarely be seen scavenging for food late at night.
Oh I totally get that. Wrex was pretty much the dealbreaker for me in that as well but he's only one old krogan.
Logistically speaking, the krogans lay a thousand fucking eggs a year. So fertile one krogan = 1,000 future krogans. On top of that they have Asari-length lifespans to give birth over and are killing machines. There is no future after the Reapers where they don't control the entire galaxy due to everyone else being in tatters and not having the ridiculous reproductive rate of the Krogans.
Especially with how lifeless Tuchunka is. Imagine how bad things would be for us on our fertile planet if we all gave birth to a thousand kids at once? Hell most people only have 1 a year here and we're already approaching overpopulation
But again, I liked Wrex so I let them all live.
If it were REALLY happening though, I wouldn't. Even with the 1/1000 survival rate of the Krogan kids, they can still have over a 1000 children in their lifetimes.
I totally get the logistics of it all, and if it were real life there would be no way they could sustain that level of breeding. But I like to think the Krogan are able to learn about the wonders of birth control, and everyone is happy!
I just... I just can't say no to Wrex. I love that guy.

Ahhhh I see.
I mean it's incorrect to say it's unique, I basically copied what an old Nuzlocker called Macktavious did a long time ago.
Only better.
Huh, I looked him up. Might have to give his stuff a read at some point.
Either way, I found your stuff first! So that automatically makes it better in my eyes!

I think I only really got into it when I was 13? Like I'd watched DragonBall and Pokemon before but I think it was Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist that got recommended to me by a friend.
13 isn't a bad age to get into anime, I think that's probably the sweet spot actually.
I grew up on the Studio Ghibli movies, then I started watching the anime aimed at kids (Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh) around 5 or 6, and then I got into less kid friendly stuff (Naruto, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist) around 10; which was probably a little too young.
Also I shared a room with my sister who is five years younger than me, and she was DEFINITELY too young to be watching the same stuff I was.
Apparently I gave her nightmares... she still hasn't forgiven me.

Because apparently there's some fragment of a Mega Arceus stuck in my soul or whatever the fuck that plot point is about.
... Really?
Is uh... there any more of an explanation or is that all we got? Because I'd love to know how that happened!

I can see it now.
Boxalot - The Box Pokemon.
Fighting/Normal type.
It's basically a bunch of boxes with eyes but it's hands are bigger squarer boxes.
LmAdKRP.png

"Boxalot - The Box Pokemon. A very shy creature, this Pokemon hides inside a discarded box in order to appear braver. Sometimes, you may see it's true eyes poking through the holes on the top of the box. This Pokemon has dreams of being a powerful fighter."

Probably not exactly what you had in mind, but inspiration struck!
It's kind of got a bit of a Mimikyu feel to it, but once I started drawing I thought "wouldn't it be cool if the eyes and the mouth were drawn on?" and I just kept going from there. And then to top it all off I used the packing tape like the bandages you might see on a fighters nose!

Anyway, it's not perfect, but it was fun!

SEEN.
WHAT DO YOU THINK MY PARENTS ARE? ANIME CHARACTERS!?
"Ah yes, let's name him Seen McSurname. The heir to the McSurname Bloodline!"
I figured it out eventually!
Don't blame me! The only spelling of "Sean" I had seen at that point in my life was "Shawn" so I was confused!

What do you mean the events of Rejuvenation or our own actual lives?
I think after realising my whole life was a dream or hallucination the first thing I'd do is complain to the culprit about how mundane it was and they should have tried harder. Maybe added some magic spells or dragons.
One upside is that none of the cringy things you did as a kid/teen will have never really happened so...silver linings, I guess?
Either.
For Rejuvenation it would probably feel like the whole game was a waste of time; the whole "it was all a dream" plot twist might seem good on paper, but it almost always just alienates your audience.
For real life it can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your quality of life I guess. Like if you had a shitty life it could be a chance to start over, but if your life was good it could be soul-crushing.
I agree about the dragons though. If I'm living a lie at least let it be lie with dragons!

Really, Pika?
IN THIS DAY AND AGE!?
Well my friend or cousin and I usually got the opposing versions so I never really needed to bother with the minor differences.
I DON'T DO IT ANYMORE! IT WAS A HABIT!
... Also I liked being able to look at my shelf and see the full collection of Pokemon games, it felt good.

Man, Zira really did a number on you!
Genuinely surprised you still have all your limbs intact...

DEAR GOD I HOPE NOT!

GOD.

CHERRY FLAVOURED CEREAL.

NOTHING WOULD BE MORE PAINFUL THAN HAVING TO EAT THAT!
Okay, so then I'm not the only one that hates artificial cherry flavoring?
When I was younger I hated it so much I compared it to the taste of medicine.

dRzENmRm.jpg

LOOK HOW NEAT THIS FRINGE IS! IT'S ALMOST A STRAIGHT FUCKING LINE!

SHE SPECIFICALLY BURNED ENOUGH OF IT OFF TO LEAVE ME LOOKIN' LIKE A DORK!
I know your pain.
My mom cut my hair for years and every single time she cut my bangs straight across. I finally asked her to stop when I was like 14.

At the disco?

Man, I love that band.

vUY3kE8m.jpg

What?

49nPkidm.jpg

Well...uh...there's...the one where they...sing really high? And the one about the lost jumper?

Bumper to bumper?
... This is a lot harder than it looks.
I listen to Panic at the Disco and know plenty of their songs, but I'm drawing a blank right now for some reason.

You know, I used to unironically read Ctrl+Alt+Del as a teen and I still remember the whiplash I got when I first saw this strip.
The internet infamy that came from it is hilarious though.

Oh and Veronica's a statue.

KJZyoCam.jpg

RIP.

TlskOtim.jpg

Rest in Pavement.
Terrible, awful even.
... I did laugh though.

Dammit Caesar, you don't need to rub salt in the wound!
... I still love you though.

If the motive is to just take down Gym leaders...they still succeeded sure but why let one escape?

Did Lavender put up too much of a fight or did she use her Alakazam to teleport out of dodge?
Hm, maybe they only have enough power to take out one person a night? Like you mentioned it seems to be weekly occurrence, so maybe after they turn a person to stone they need to spend a week recharging?
... Or she just teleported.

Bx5svknm.jpg

Then DON'T do nothing.

Tell her lungs to stop being such fucking pussies for once in their goddamn lives and I'll summon the paramedics.

nwol0pbm.jpg

BWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ah yes, the Medical Aid Conch, truly a rare item.
Tell me, what did you need to trade in order to attain such an artifact?

SEE!

EVEN THE NURSE CALLS IT A TRUCK!

ygzdF8om.jpg

It seems GDC blew the ambulance budget on a massive climate controlled dome.

w6LDYi1m.jpg

Or Cassandra embezzled it.

One or the other.
Or both!
There's no reason she can't embezzle as well as send it on stupid things! This is Pokemon, anything can happen!

0kcpu4Lm.jpg

(Okay, what the fuck are these kids?)

(And why are they not dead?)
... Alright note to self: stay away from the creepy looking Unown kids.
Why are identical looking children always weird as hell?

czZsqo6m.jpg

And I am the only one worried about that.
No, I'm worried as well.
I bet you that they're getting strange "operations" done to them right now. Lavender is gonna come out of there looking like Frankenstein's Monster; calling it now!

And if you ate my cereal so help me god I will feed you too my lion!

tiYD1hQm.jpg

H-huh?

NCcLtrHm.jpg
Come on Sean, there's two blonde children - just let her have one! No one will notice!
Poor Zira 😟

I don't think any ACTUAL Irish people even read this run.

Myself included.
I mean... I've got Irish ancestry; does that count?
Then again I also have Swedish, German, and French ancestry too... I'm kind of a mutt. I guess most Americans are kind of mutts aren't we?

XVrOmuWm.jpg

Heaven? Hell? Your backyard!?
The possibilities are endless.

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
... Really?
Is uh... there any more of an explanation or is that all we got? Because I'd love to know how that happened!
There is an explanation. Although it is only slightly more detailed than what Dero already told you.

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
There is an explanation. Although it is only slightly more detailed than what Dero already told you.
Huh, well alright then.
I kind of feel like that's something that's going to need more than a little explaining in-game though; but I'm assuming this is something that happens in V13? If so I suppose I'll have to wait a while for my answers.

Derogatory Trainer

The hero you don't need but you're getting anyway.
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
The most humble and modest braggart you will ever meet.
edVImsCm.jpg

Derogatory Trainer said:
Because why pick a foul mouthed, egotistical clown instead of a moral and righteous superhuman unless SOMETHING went screwy with whatever fucking voodoo spell brought me to this world?
I don't know if you're actually asking me or not so I'll put it in spoilers and keep it vague (well, as vague as I can).
Your thinking on the subject is backwards
O...kay? So the ritual went screwy and so the almighty Derogatory Trainer was summoned to this Pokemon isekai then?
I genuinely thought Jan couldn't use that anime genre but ONCE again he surprises me.

Derogatory Trainer said:
They weren't in the V11 storyline either.
It was me. I made those scenes
Wait you made that entire scene? Well done, I genuinely believed that that was in the game, and I’ve PLAYED the game.
The part where she says she's my wife and everyone freaks out? Yes, that was me. As well as the Veronica line.
Just trying to make myself more of a part of this world for the story, y'know? Instead of a fleshy automaton.
I know Jan can't do it because it's a game meant for a wide audience but I can and just call the differences the "Derogatory timeline".
And the best part is he can't sue!

Derogatory Trainer said:
The whole "Karen is my Garufan wife" doesn't exist in the canon timeline after all.
see I know that, but in the library Karen does say that she's the mother, you're the father and Karrina's the daughter so it seemed plausible enough for me
Ahhh yeah, I getcha.
I wanted to make that part a running gag to go on top of Karen being crazy.

Derogatory Trainer said:

Wf82xzGm.jpg

Ceasar once again proving he is best mon.
Best PAIN in my ass, you mean!
He's lucky we play well off each other or else it'd be front-line duty all the time for him.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Veronica followed her because she's nosy and they both ran into an out-of-work sculptor or whoever the hell is behind this Scooby Doo nonsense.
PLOT TWIST: IT WAS DAMIEN ALL ALONG GUYS!
Haha this was before I met him and his RIDICULOUSLY good sculpting skills.
Things is though...if they couldn't tell the difference between a statue and a person turned to stone...why do they assume it's possible to cure it? Or like I mentioned in an earlier chapter, that the statues are actually the people and not calling cards left by the Stoner?

So where is Rhodea on the best girl list? Seeing as she’ll be the only one who understands your disdain for blond idiots following her around I can see her being relatively high… and then I remember she’s a member of the time police and see her getting dropped fairly low.
Uhhhh...N/A for now?
Haven't really seen much of her character to actually know what her deal is yet.
She looks hot from the artwork at least that's always a plus.

Derogatory Trainer said:
I mean I’m part Irish, but something tells me that’s not what you were talking about.
HALF-BLOODED FREAK!
I mean no, that's not what I meant. I mean people who are Irish and have lived in Ireland most of their lives.
Like I don't think anyone from my actual country reads this run. But I suppose it's a very small possible group that would.
Probably for the best so I don't have to experience the slight horror of someone recognising me on the street because of this Nuzlocke.
What am I supposed to do if they come up to me and want to talk?
My only plan so far is pretend to have been a mute this whole time and then when they say "Ohhh you're a mute? That's a surprise" I say, "Yep" and walk away.

Ow_the_edge.jpg

Jeeeeesus, does Veronica really fucking describe it like that?
What a fucking baby. She was only like that for less than TWO weeks in-game since the tournament was stated multiple times to be a week long AND the week after the player arrived in the city.
And how the fuck would she know what death was like? Does she say this while the player is in the room? The one who's actually died multiple times by that point?
Because that is a SPECTACULAR lack of tact and I look forward to reacting to it.
"Preview of what death looks like"
Hahaha fucking hell.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Excuse me, I have Flounder V!
He's going to be around foreeeeevvvveeerrrrr!
Their name & lineage indicates otherwise.
Flounder III lived!
I mean he's trapped in Raging Ruby but he still made it to the end of the Nuzlocke!

Nope. I spelled it correctly.
You can't spell my name correctly so what do YOU know?
Derogatory Trainer said:
OH YEAH SURE.
WITH HER ONE BADGE.
That's still more than anyone not-named Sean
I don't see the point in saying that though.
THE PROBLEM OF ME BEING WAY MORE RESTRICTED THAN THE PEOPLE I TRAVEL WITH STILL EXISTS

Derogatory Trainer said:
Bet she'll still be able to use any HMs she wants though.
Just like everybody else...
Of course. What were you expecting?
At least there's no EGREGIOUS examples of her using HM moves when she shouldn't be able to.
Sure she can nudge a boulder off a cliff and do a long jump but that's reasonable athleticism anyone could do.
As long as she isn't karate chopping trees down and surfing I'll still like her.

Derogatory Trainer said:
At least I THINK that's what the reasoning was, I dunno, go re-read Part 2, maybe I have a different answer there?
You don't fuckin have one in Part 2.
I don't think you re-read Part 2 though.
Re-read every chapter with Zira in it and come back to me.

Derogatory Trainer said:
But you get closer to that point by the day...
How?
I'm not going to give you fucking TIPS on how to become worse!
Derogatory Trainer said:
Yeah, about that....
The screenshot button is never going to get fixed?
Derogatory Trainer said:
Is this another reference to that SCP shit again?
Yes
Blech.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Well I imagine the Puppet Master built it but you're right.
How the fuck did he get planning permission in a DOMED city that can't expand for a big block of solid wood and stone?
Magic.
Naaaahhh...I'm sure it was through several deals, bribes and blackmail like how most city officials operate.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Maybe the Puppet Master is the OLD mayor, huh? Out for revenge...or something Scooby Doo-ish like that.
Nope. It's something weirder.
*Sigh*
'Course it is.
Is it the actual real GHOST of the old mayor that Cassandra had murdered?

Derogatory Trainer said:
My main question is where the fuck Ren is.
Reldin Island since that's where the Xen HQ is?
Not literally, you goon.
Like he's gone for ages, story-wise.
Or maybe it just seems longer when doing this run?

Derogatory Trainer said:
I also thought that until like, a year ago.
Jesus.
You guys are dumb. SEAN Bean? SEAN Connery? Literally any other famous person named Sean?
DID YOU THINK SEAN BEAN WAS PRONOUNCED SEEN BEEN!?!?

Derogatory Trainer said:
It's such a tame "death" that even 4Kids were fine with having it in the Pokemon movie!
4Kids' opinion does not matter. They will censor slapping but will not censor someone jumping off a boat
If not for 4kids we would not have some of the banger English Pokemon songs. They aren't completely evil.
Hey, they probably had a point censoring all violence considering there was that one American kid who thought he was a fucking Naruto character and could breathe in sand. You shouldn't teach kids to slap to express annoyance. Plus it's much more unlikely for them to be on a boat.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Honestly, I thought it would be Kanon that'd get stoned because what the fuck else is he doing?
To be fair, Kanon is pretty pointless for most of his existence.
"Dragon's Potential" my fucking arse.

Ceaser continues being the best
Derogatory Trainer said:

Wf82xzGm.jpg

BFC35EEm.jpg

Ceaser is objectively correct
Derogatory Trainer said:
I also really want to punch you in the face.

dmbAmBjm.jpg

Ceaser is still in fact the best
WE GET IT.

Derogatory Trainer said:
How do they care for the stone victims there anyway?
They just put them in a pod.
And the pod does...what?
They don't have any lifesigns to monitor since Damien snuck a statue in nor are they aware of their surroundings.
I would have just put them in a darkened section of the hospital to scare people.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Why is it harder to brush off call-outs when they come from you, Rose?
I think it's because your dynamic with Rose is more of a father-daughter thing as opposed to the sibling-like bond you have with your other pokemon. If Ceaser or Zira calls you out, you can brush them off with everyday sibling-abuse but you can't do that with Rose.
Hmmm...that's a very family-friendly way of looking at it, yes.
I'd go with that instead of punishing my subordinates for disrespect.
It's probably true with the ones you mentioned at least. Not so much for Pokemon I haven't really used or are actively hostile like Vahlen and Chiller.
Also because I'm a little afraid of Chiller.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Why are these kids not obese?
Because this game runs on slap-stick logic.
You've really got to stop picking out these sentences to comment on, man.
It's just throwaway dialogue.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Who she learned them from is another thing...
She mentions something about a father....
Literally only two father options left alive at this point.
Vitus or Veronica's Dad, Matthew.
AND I'M THINKING VITUS.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Does Isha just seem like a normal guy to people who don't have a magenta flash near him?
Probably.
Not with THAT hairdo, surely?
This isn't REBORN you know, people here have far more reasonable haircuts.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Unless she can.

CIFhAgbm.jpg

Ooooohhh I hope she can't.

She can.
Oh well.
I burned to death in a volcano.
My pain is far greater so I win.

Derogatory Trainer said:
NCcLtrHm.jpg

You have a problem, Zira.
You realize this fuckin now? After I've been pointing it out to you for like 10 Chapters!
I don't remember that.
Pretty sure you were one of the ones egging me on to give Zira a taste...

Derogatory Trainer said:
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

423xsgam.jpg

BOY!

Someone get the Oneiroi Collective here. (That's another SCP reference. They are essentially a bunch of human and non-human entities who live in the dream world.)
I don't want ANYONE from the fucking dream world here thanks. I prefer my dreams to stay in my head and not in some wider world shit.
Derogatory Trainer said:
XVrOmuWm.jpg

Space, presumably

Flora's Final Solution

That is 2 more people from our "group" that have been put out of commission. Frankly they just let Melia & you handle everything since you are the only people with actual plot-relevance staying power.
I could cover the battles and she could cover the cutscenes.
The problem is she's fucked those up too many times for me to trust her with it.
She keeps telling whichever bad guy we're fighting that "It's over, we've won" which gives them enough indignation points to pull some bullshit out of their ass and flip the "Good Guys win cutscene" that I just finished fighting a hard battle for.

Anyway, how are you doing Seen?
Well I was thinking you'd turned over a new leaf and were legitimately asking me how I'm doing but then I saw the spelling and was once again reminded I should never trust anyone ever.
Spoiler:
This would be cute instead of creepy if you guys were a couple. As it is... YIKES.
Is it creepy?
I'm fairly sure Veronica's not standing over her waiting for her to wake up. It's more like a...she's the first person you see in the morning type of thing.

Derogatory Trainer said:
I always spelled it Tazmania because of that one Looney Tunes cartoon. That's pretty much the sum of my knowledge about Tasmania.
Biggest city I've ever lived in was like 100,000 people so I can't imagine how bad it must have been.
I mean, fair. I spelled it that way until I was twelve myself and I live here!
Okay, so imagine the thickest pea souper fog you've ever experienced. Now make it about 50% wood smoke, because this was the 80s. It was HELL.
It's that dang worldwide American media poisoning our vocabulary once again. Very fond of the Zs over there.
Jesus, I looked up some pictures there, don't know how people could live like that.

Derogatory Trainer said:
That is ironic. But I imagine even with religion, parents that send their kids to private schools want to get their money's worth from it.
Yeah, I reckon so. We did have some really, really good teachers. (Plus one bullying fuckwit who was recently exposed as having tried to grope a bunch of female students. Yikes.)
There's always one at some point.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Hahaha jesus christ what kind of people compare others to Sheldon? That's awful.
Fucking Assholes, that's who. Somehow a whole bunch of people think that a. that show is actually funny (WHAT) and that Sheldon is the 'Poster Boy for Autism'. That's a direct quote, and yes I DID punch that idiot.
Should have donated their brain to science. We have to learn how to make treatments for people with brains that badly damaged.
Derogatory Trainer said:
:ohdear: Please Jan, show mercy. Please don't hurt Maman any more!
MAMAN!
OOOOOOOOOOO!
(Any way the wind blows...)

Derogatory Trainer said:
How quickly that hatred was re-directed, huh?
All because she failed basic math.
Look if you survived White Knight Chronicles you'd have an instant visceral hatred of bone-deep stupidity too. (The ''''protagonist'''' of those games literally almost doomed the world because he couldn't count to five and no that's not a joke or an exaggeration.)
I am SO glad I returned that game to Gamestop after one day now.
Holy shit.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Both of you need to be committed at this point.
Karen.
"Sensible."
Dear god no.
Well I mean look at the other candidates for 'the sensible one' in this group!
THERE ARE PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE GROUP I CAN BE PAIRED WITH!
THIS DOESN'T HAVE TO BE MY ONLY CHOICE!

Derogatory Trainer said:
It is always bad when giggling and evil are in the same sentence.
There are no exceptions to this rule.
True. If there's one thing Stephen King has taught us, it's to run AWAY from the creepy giggling.
Or to invert that idea, run towards it extremely fast so you barrel over whatever the hell is giggling.
Monsters and the like never expect traps or stupid strategies like that!

Derogatory Trainer said:
That's true but it's more annoying that in no games is it ever elaborated on HOW Shadow Pokemon are even created.
So whatever Jan comes up with (if we even see shadow Pokemon again) is still superior to the big nothing the official games give us.
Point. I'm just not sure where I land on the 'no explanation' versus 'Jan's edgy explanation' scale.
Very fair stance to take.
If it's something insanely over the top like ground up Pokemon souls, I'm out but if it's like energy from Dark type moves (which would make a bit of sense since Dark types were still fairly new back when those games came out) I'll accept that.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Maybe turn her into a Swanna or Absol?
Actually Absol is perfect for her, white and edgy.
And of course, she has one.
Pretty sure it's her signature mon like Venam's Seviper.

Derogatory Trainer said:
I TOLD YOU, YOU'D MISS HER WHEN SHE'S GONE!
I'M SORRY I DIDN'T BELIEVE YOU!

Derogatory Trainer said:
Veronica does the right thing for once and then she IMMEDIATELY gets punished for it.
I won't blame her if she's pissy when she wakes up.
Yeah, gotta admit I'm gonna be a bit easier on her from now on... The one time she tries to step up she gets turned into a goddamn statue.
Will this Nuzlocke be able to survive without everyone's favourite character Venam?
Tune in next time on Derogatory Ball Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Whelp. ...That statue-Veronica sprite is kind of shit. I wouldn't even know it's her if I hadn't been told ahead of time.
I think her hair is down or something like that.
I only recognised her because she's got those lines in her hair that nobody else does.

Melia, that is a provably false statement and you know it.
This is where there should be an option to just leave and finish the goddamn gym challenge already.
All this time spent saving the region and stopping bad guys is only holding me back!
Literally!

Welcome to the human experience. It fucking sucks.
Oh boo hoo hoo.

Rose, you are too adorable for words.
Adorable is a word.
Pretty much all it's synonyms work as well.

Derogatory Trainer said:
...Oh my god you're right! Melia, what is WRONG with you?!
Well I can see her not caring that much about me, but Big Daddy J?
Everyone's favourite character?
Harsh.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Well Lavender had a massive brain fart and actually went alone to a meeting when another person was confirmed to have been stoned at a similar meeting.
That's a bit politer than what I've been thinking. Which is that she took the Idiot Ball, scooped out her brain and crammed it into her skull for the express purpose of making the stupidest, shittiest decision possible!
I think she COULD have gone shittier.
Like inviting the Stoner into the apartment.
Without telling us of course.

Derogatory Trainer said:
That's two members of the gang now in the clutches of that weirdo Isha.
Whelp, they're probably dead. I don't trust that guy as far as I can throw a bookcase, let alone HIM.
They 100% aren't DEAD at least.
I don't trust him but he's obsessed with his win record at being a doctor so I don't think he'd let anyone die.

Dear god, these kids should have sodium poisoning! Do you know how much SALT is in those damn things! Not to mention enough rampant sugar to cause diabetes!
It's probably their first time actually getting salt or sugar. Maybe they badly needed it?
Either way, it's a good thing humans don't poop in the Pokemon world. Especially since there's no toilets in this entire time period.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Bah. It's only for at most two weeks.
Week and a half. It's not THAT long.

Derogatory Trainer said:
GlV8bDMm.jpg

I don't think that'll happen if we continue Veronica's legacy somehow.

You don't find many good people stealing Charizards off their friends after all.
...Is this meant to be Jan's idea of a 'redeem the shitty characters' arc?
Nnnnnah, I don't think we're there JUST yet.

HE'S CALLED THE PUPPET MASTER!
And isn't that just wonderful?

Derogatory Trainer said:
The Toy Box...is in the dream world?
Whelp, you're gonna die again. Or we're gonna Inception somebody. Maybe even both.
IF I DIE IN THE DREAM DO I RESSURECT IN REAL-LIFE!?

I hate this city and it's constant nattering about dreams.
Ew, cherry-flavored cereal would be awful. Probably would taste like medicine.
I genuinely can't think of anything worse that could still be called food.
I loathe cherry anything on the best of days but the cereal actually gives makes me shiver in disgust just imagining the taste.

Ugh, "Loss." That's one comic/meme I wish I could bury so I'd never see it again.
It's just SO fucking stupid to see in that artstyle that I keep laughing at it.
On a fucking webcomic about videogames as well.
Oooohhhh man.

Huh. I actually thought Lavender would be the statue revealed here, but...can't say I'm sad it's Veronica.
'Tis very strange indeed.
I'm guessing she was left to deliver the player a message?
Like...a letter would have done the same.

...Okay, now you've got ME kinda shipping Melia and Venam, if only with how much she's yelling about not protecting her.
Shipping MeliaXVenam is an inherently noble act since it keeps their awfulness contained to the ONE relationship and nobody else has to suffer for it.

Oh right, that cutscene did happen, didn't it? Yeah... I mean, I didn't feel sad 'cause I don't care enough about these characters, but that cutscene does make this even lamer.
YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PRECIOUS MEMBERS OF TE-Yeah I couldn't finish that.
Only one I actually like is Aelita and she's god knows where.
UNTIL TODAY!

Why? Because Rose is your oldest partner and friend, of course! Plus, she's cute.
It's a mixture of that and how if SHE notices the flaw, it's probably very obvious.

Oh, okay, Lavender avoided a stoning. ...GAH, now you've got me making puns, Sean!
Be prepared.
I make a lot of them this chapter.
For some reason. I literally keep making them and can't stop.
I blame the Aelita reunion jitters.

These kids are like an extreme version of sheltered, I swear.
Basically they're both the little girl from the third Pokemon movie who thinks Entei is her dad.

I don't trust her judgement either. She's way too "sunshine and rainbows" about things, especially this Puppet Master.
She's definitely loopy.
And you're definitely right to not trust her judgement on anything.

Oh man, I'm getting Nightmare on Elm Street vibes now. This is gonna be weird, isn't it?
Well thankfully it's more Inception than a gross burned serial killer but yes, it's still weird.
Derogatory Trainer said:
Oh I totally get that. Wrex was pretty much the dealbreaker for me in that as well but he's only one old krogan.
Logistically speaking, the krogans lay a thousand fucking eggs a year. So fertile one krogan = 1,000 future krogans. On top of that they have Asari-length lifespans to give birth over and are killing machines. There is no future after the Reapers where they don't control the entire galaxy due to everyone else being in tatters and not having the ridiculous reproductive rate of the Krogans.
Especially with how lifeless Tuchunka is. Imagine how bad things would be for us on our fertile planet if we all gave birth to a thousand kids at once? Hell most people only have 1 a year here and we're already approaching overpopulation
But again, I liked Wrex so I let them all live.
If it were REALLY happening though, I wouldn't. Even with the 1/1000 survival rate of the Krogan kids, they can still have over a 1000 children in their lifetimes.
I totally get the logistics of it all, and if it were real life there would be no way they could sustain that level of breeding. But I like to think the Krogan are able to learn about the wonders of birth control, and everyone is happy!
I just... I just can't say no to Wrex. I love that guy.
Imagine being the person who has to introduce birth control to the violent ill-tempered Krogans after the genophage.
Oof.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Ahhhh I see.
I mean it's incorrect to say it's unique, I basically copied what an old Nuzlocker called Macktavious did a long time ago.
Only better.
Huh, I looked him up. Might have to give his stuff a read at some point.
Either way, I found your stuff first! So that automatically makes it better in my eyes!
I've only really read his ABC-Locke of Black2 so that's all I can recommend.
Damn right! But in my own HUMBLE opinion, I'm better because I've been doing it longer than he had by now.
Early Reborn was basically me copying him but I think with all my editing and nonsense I brought it into my own.

Derogatory Trainer said:
I think I only really got into it when I was 13? Like I'd watched DragonBall and Pokemon before but I think it was Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist that got recommended to me by a friend.
13 isn't a bad age to get into anime, I think that's probably the sweet spot actually.
I grew up on the Studio Ghibli movies, then I started watching the anime aimed at kids (Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh) around 5 or 6, and then I got into less kid friendly stuff (Naruto, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist) around 10; which was probably a little too young.
Also I shared a room with my sister who is five years younger than me, and she was DEFINITELY too young to be watching the same stuff I was.
Apparently I gave her nightmares... she still hasn't forgiven me.
Just in time to start wearing black scarves and fingerless gloves in summer and standing on high ledges to look down at the SHEEP below...
Yeah I'd say I was the same. I imagine a lot of Western kids started with those. 10...miiiight have been a little too young yes.
Oof. I did the same to my brother but he was nine and I was 14.
I'm still dying inside from him once saying he'd give up his arm and leg to bring me back like Ed did for Alphonse and I thoughtlessly responded with "I wouldn't bother."
What I MEANT by that is that I wouldn't let him do that for me, not that I wouldn't do the same for him. But I'm not sure which way he took it or if he even remembers it.
Honestly, I genuinely hope he just doesn't remember that interaction so it can die with me.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Because apparently there's some fragment of a Mega Arceus stuck in my soul or whatever the fuck that plot point is about.
... Really?
I'm pretty much in the dark as you.
I only know that some ghost that has a fragment of Mega Arceus is in my brain somehow. No idea how it happened because I haven't played past the first half an hour of V13.
Fucking weird though.

Derogatory Trainer said:
I can see it now.
Boxalot - The Box Pokemon.
Fighting/Normal type.
It's basically a bunch of boxes with eyes but it's hands are bigger squarer boxes.
LmAdKRP.png

"Boxalot - The Box Pokemon. A very shy creature, this Pokemon hides inside a discarded box in order to appear braver. Sometimes, you may see it's true eyes poking through the holes on the top of the box. This Pokemon has dreams of being a powerful fighter."

Probably not exactly what you had in mind, but inspiration struck!
It's kind of got a bit of a Mimikyu feel to it, but once I started drawing I thought "wouldn't it be cool if the eyes and the mouth were drawn on?" and I just kept going from there. And then to top it all off I used the packing tape like the bandages you might see on a fighters nose!

Anyway, it's not perfect, but it was fun!
Hahahaha I fucking love him.
I'm only going to add evolution lore to that entry.
"He changes form when you make him hold the 'Boxcutter' item which cuts the packaging tape, turning Boxalot into UnBoxalot which boosts his Attack and Speed Stat."
(And also somehow gets him loads of views on Youtube.)
It's pretty much spot on, I just didn't have the Mimikyu feel. His arms were basically going to be smaller boxes but yours is better and less cluttered looking.

Derogatory Trainer said:
SEEN.
WHAT DO YOU THINK MY PARENTS ARE? ANIME CHARACTERS!?
"Ah yes, let's name him Seen McSurname. The heir to the McSurname Bloodline!"
I figured it out eventually!
Don't blame me! The only spelling of "Sean" I had seen at that point in my life was "Shawn" so I was confused!
SEAN BEAN? SEAN CONNERY!? SEAN ASTIN?
WHO IN THE WORLD IS ACTUALLY CALLED SEEN!?!
Hahaha this is too fucking funny to me.
"Shawn" is the evil american version of my name.
And I say American because you guys really hate the letter "U" while the UK loves it with "Shaun".
Still evil though.

Derogatory Trainer said:
What do you mean the events of Rejuvenation or our own actual lives?
I think after realising my whole life was a dream or hallucination the first thing I'd do is complain to the culprit about how mundane it was and they should have tried harder. Maybe added some magic spells or dragons.
One upside is that none of the cringy things you did as a kid/teen will have never really happened so...silver linings, I guess?
Either.
For Rejuvenation it would probably feel like the whole game was a waste of time; the whole "it was all a dream" plot twist might seem good on paper, but it almost always just alienates your audience.
For real life it can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your quality of life I guess. Like if you had a shitty life it could be a chance to start over, but if your life was good it could be soul-crushing.
I agree about the dragons though. If I'm living a lie at least let it be lie with dragons!
Yeah that's a really stupid thing to pull in a VIDEO GAME where reality doesn't have to matter at all. (Please forget I ever said that for the rest of this Nuzlocke though)
Fair point there. Just like beating those kids, it's all about the terrain.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Really, Pika?
IN THIS DAY AND AGE!?
Well my friend or cousin and I usually got the opposing versions so I never really needed to bother with the minor differences.
I DON'T DO IT ANYMORE! IT WAS A HABIT!
... Also I liked being able to look at my shelf and see the full collection of Pokemon games, it felt good.
My parents had copped on pretty early that they were the same games so I'd never have gotten two versions.
All of my games are stuffed in an old make-up box of my mothers to save space.
Also so I could keep an eye on them. I STILL think my brother sold one of my games to fund a new one for himself.

Man, Zira really did a number on you!
Genuinely surprised you still have all your limbs intact...
She only managed to inflict superficial comedy wounds thankfully!
Nothing fatal whatsoever!

Derogatory Trainer said:
DEAR GOD I HOPE NOT!

GOD.

CHERRY FLAVOURED CEREAL.

NOTHING WOULD BE MORE PAINFUL THAN HAVING TO EAT THAT!
Okay, so then I'm not the only one that hates artificial cherry flavoring?
When I was younger I hated it so much I compared it to the taste of medicine.
I think the majority of the planet is on your side.
I despise ANYTHING cherry-flavoured, it's just...wrong for my tongue.

Derogatory Trainer said:
dRzENmRm.jpg

LOOK HOW NEAT THIS FRINGE IS! IT'S ALMOST A STRAIGHT FUCKING LINE!

SHE SPECIFICALLY BURNED ENOUGH OF IT OFF TO LEAVE ME LOOKIN' LIKE A DORK!
I know your pain.
My mom cut my hair for years and every single time she cut my bangs straight across. I finally asked her to stop when I was like 14.
Mine had to drag me kicking and screaming to the hair dressers once a year to get mine done.
Barely anything has changed. I usually get it cut now once their complaining about my hair has gotten annoying enough.
Hahahaha that sucks. She didn't give you the full bowl cut, right? That haircut should be child abuse.

Derogatory Trainer said:
At the disco?

Man, I love that band.

vUY3kE8m.jpg

What?

49nPkidm.jpg

Well...uh...there's...the one where they...sing really high? And the one about the lost jumper?

Bumper to bumper?
... This is a lot harder than it looks.
I listen to Panic at the Disco and know plenty of their songs, but I'm drawing a blank right now for some reason.
I only knew the name "Panic at the Disco" I assumed they just looked like Daft Punk or something.
I listened to some of their music just there and my only take-away from it was "Oh, so it's faux-edgy white girl music"?
But don't take that to heart, I never like much popular music.

You know, I used to unironically read Ctrl+Alt+Del as a teen and I still remember the whiplash I got when I first saw this strip.
The internet infamy that came from it is hilarious though.
I can't fathom how he thought it was a good idea to put it in a webcomic about video games.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Oh and Veronica's a statue.

KJZyoCam.jpg

RIP.

TlskOtim.jpg

Rest in Pavement.
Terrible, awful even.
... I did laugh though.
The first thing I'll pardon myself of when I become Champ-For-Life is for all the shit jokes I make.

Dammit Caesar, you don't need to rub salt in the wound!
... I still love you though.
It's literally in shreds.
Better than Reborn's one at least.
Which is basically empty because they're all trash/I've forgotten who most of them are.

Derogatory Trainer said:
If the motive is to just take down Gym leaders...they still succeeded sure but why let one escape?

Did Lavender put up too much of a fight or did she use her Alakazam to teleport out of dodge?
Hm, maybe they only have enough power to take out one person a night? Like you mentioned it seems to be weekly occurrence, so maybe after they turn a person to stone they need to spend a week recharging?
... Or she just teleported.
That's a very good theory but sadly also very wrong.
Because logic and sense are not allowed in Pokemon Rejuvenation's plot! Oh no oh no!
I wish she teleported. Because it would at least imply they remembered they had Pokemon to defend themselves with.
But that does not occur to them once.

Derogatory Trainer said:
Bx5svknm.jpg

Then DON'T do nothing.

Tell her lungs to stop being such fucking pussies for once in their goddamn lives and I'll summon the paramedics.

nwol0pbm.jpg

BWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ah yes, the Medical Aid Conch, truly a rare item.
Tell me, what did you need to trade in order to attain such an artifact?
I traded my cloak of invisibility because what the fuck is the point of having that for a Reaction-Locke and THREE silver coins.
But really it's just a conch I found on a beach.
I called 911 with my off-screen hand.
I just felt the scene needed more showmanship.

Derogatory Trainer said:
SEE!

EVEN THE NURSE CALLS IT A TRUCK!

ygzdF8om.jpg

It seems GDC blew the ambulance budget on a massive climate controlled dome.

w6LDYi1m.jpg

Or Cassandra embezzled it.

One or the other.
Or both!
There's no reason she can't embezzle as well as send it on stupid things! This is Pokemon, anything can happen!
I hadn't considered BOTH...
If that's the case I don't want to imagine how embezzled the Team Xen retirement fund is.
But if we're honest, the Team Xen retirement fund is Madame X killing you like Sepiroth did to Aerith.

Derogatory Trainer said:
0kcpu4Lm.jpg

(Okay, what the fuck are these kids?)

(And why are they not dead?)
... Alright note to self: stay away from the creepy looking Unown kids.
Why are identical looking children always weird as hell?
They're Rhodea's problem now.
I think it could be part of how we always know we're an individual and seeing the same person standing next to themselves.
But Alice and Allen aren't identical. I don't think opposite sex identical twins can actually exist.
Then again they USED to be the one body so maybe...
Maybe I have no fucking idea.
Yes. That's the answer I'll use.

Derogatory Trainer said:
czZsqo6m.jpg

And I am the only one worried about that.
No, I'm worried as well.
I bet you that they're getting strange "operations" done to them right now. Lavender is gonna come out of there looking like Frankenstein's Monster; calling it now!
Well Veronica's probably fine being a statue but Lavender...
Well, it's not as grotesque as Frankenstein's Monster...it's probably even weirder.
Sorry, I should say it would be weirder if the HEROIC HERO Sean didn't stop it juuuust in time.

Derogatory Trainer said:
And if you ate my cereal so help me god I will feed you too my lion!

tiYD1hQm.jpg

H-huh?

NCcLtrHm.jpg

Come on Sean, there's two blonde children - just let her have one! No one will notice!
Poor Zira 😟
Ahhh but it's not blonde children she really wants. She wants to taste the succulent flesh of the ohso special Melia.
And we didn't know they were the same tier of ohso specialness at the time
She's just mad I threaten these kids with something I'm never going to actually do.

Derogatory Trainer said:

Myself included.
I mean... I've got Irish ancestry; does that count?
Then again I also have Swedish, German, and French ancestry too... I'm kind of a mutt. I guess most Americans are kind of mutts aren't we?
NO! YOU ARE NOT OF PURE, GLORIOUS CELTIC STOCK!
But really I just mean Irish people who actually LIVE in this country and might recognise me in the street from THIS Nuzlocke.
Which is a terrifying thought.
WHAT IF MY IRL FRIENDS ARE WITH ME AND THEY FIND OUT!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Like...that's a few generations back, right? Four European people didn't just decide to form a coalition to eventually create you, did they?
I mean, I guess so? America did end up being one big dog-pile for people who wanted to get as far away from their own country as possible for whatever reason.

Derogatory Trainer said:

XVrOmuWm.jpg

Heaven? Hell? Your backyard!?
The possibilities are endless.
All three are equally unlikely as the other.
Ever since I started this Rejuvenation Nuzlocke, the door out of my room just leads to the dark space between galaxies.
-image here-

Freaky stuff, right?

No-name said:
Huh, well alright then.
I kind of feel like that's something that's going to need more than a little explaining in-game though; but I'm assuming this is something that happens in V13? If so I suppose I'll have to wait a while for my answers.
Well the LORE for it is in Hiyoshi City but I don't understand it much myself.
I think one of the other thirds became the Arceus underneath Reborn City though.

5G8G8bWm.jpg

3z0NhnTm.jpg

Soooooooo...

F7sCWdwm.jpg

kVsXV4Im.jpg

This is apparently the world of nightmares.

Which is apparently a real(?) thing that exists in some sort of collective unconscious of mankind(?).

Well the mankind of GDC only it seems.

yalIz1Vm.jpg

*Sigh*

I should have expected ending up here at some point when I learned the name Grand Dream City...

Such low-hanging fruit though...

3z0NhnTm.jpg

rAmNKvTm.jpg

The fuck is this thing I'm standing on anyway?

Looks like some kind of portal thing?

Is this how I wake up? By stepping on this white...engraving?

dwWJAqpm.jpg

Oh come on that's GOT to be what it's for.

PCKyf91m.jpg

I feel like I've seen it before somewhere though.

Has this thing been in other Pokemon games?

Because I SWEAR it's familiar...

IaAwLKrm.jpg

wVfSpBLm.jpg

Also who the fuck said that?

Reveal thyself, dream demon and face my admittedly low-level martial arts skills!

itfnRclm.jpg

0P1VJ4Jm.jpg

Hang on...that's no dream demon...

That's Aelita!

JbP2oLAm.jpg

I could ask you the same question!

I thought this was supposed to be a nightmare not a wonderful dream!

ZxlRYyGm.jpg

My usual attempt at flirting aside, how does this work exactly?

7TFQeDPm.jpg

Are we both dreaming about the Puppet Master specifically or do ALL dreams in the area get sucked into this...pool of unconsciousness?

eYIJylzm.jpg

Or are you some kind of dream demon to tempt me into evil?

Hmmm...I don't think so.

I'd have probably imagined up the purple haired one and not pinky over here.

zJxVuvtm.jpg

V2EaKIIm.jpg

Of course I do, Aelita.

I recognised you back in the spooky forest.

CyifFNmm.jpg

Of course I do. Sure, your hair is longer and a different colour entirely.

TyccUKGm.jpg

But you still put your hair in that little ponytail at the back.

That's all I needed.

V3Kncbem.jpg

vEkduoSm.jpg

There's also your entire fucking face, you clown.

What, you hardly thought I'd forget you that easily?

I'm more surprised you recognised me on sight to be honest.

MdZeuOJm.jpg

Huh.

3pfURiwm.jpg

I'm guessing there's some mystical chicanery going on with that. Nobody else seems to have noticed the change either.

OEtWxSym.jpg

Never mind. It's not important right now.

e8PfnMQm.jpg

What's up with your new look anyway? Especially the new hair colour.

You don't really seem the type of loser to dye their hair because something bad happened to them.

BLCA9LUm.jpg

Or have you been lying to me about your natural hair colour like everyone else?

Bit of a weird thing to do if your original hair is more anime than the dyed.

7PvRfXSm.jpg

zVwd1u7m.jpg

Who else have you met that knows you from before to point that out?

ez0JByAm.jpg

That it has.

Exactly sixty chapters since we last spoke.

Which translates to roughly two irl years since the audience last saw us together and like two-three in-game months.

mXGjx9Qm.jpg

Y-you screwed up?

x7loUTtm.jpg

Aelita, don't tell me you blame yourself for what happened?

How could that have been your fault?

If anything it's that Xen Grunt Tommen's fault for thinking "If the beast's anger is quelled, so shall be the souls of both beings that pulled the lever" was just flavour text and not an ACTUAL warning.

FHGel1Bm.jpg

He's uh...dead by the way.

LOT of people died while you were gone.

(Most of them me.)

P7cizSLm.jpg

Thaaaaank fuck for that.

I'd go mental if you were actually in a coma forever.

Well really I would have put you in cryogenic sleep and waited until Jirachi woke up and wished you awake.

And since that's (if we're going by the Jirachi movie's release of 2003) not for another 983 years, I probably would have lost it anyway.

But we've got time-travel in this game so I'd probably just do that.

MpR3v8Rm.jpg

That's...huh?

BbS6HwBm.jpg

Is there something the matter with you, Aelita?

It's not like you to be this self-pitying...or THIS crabby if I'm being honest.

rhj4KNDm.jpg

ia6MRMhm.jpg

I choose option 3.

Because I already know about this place, I don't care about the others, whoever they're even supposed to be and I am worried about her.

9bZc9MZm.jpg

What sort of fucking moron would pick options 1 or 2?

"Are you alright, Aelita?"

cyPVqvum.jpg

!!!

1Qw4dKtm.jpg

Aelita!

Why that's almost...churlish!

KLjvp67m.jpg

Which you seem to...realise?

Is it an involuntary thing?

6hkQ1C1m.jpg

You've clearly woken up on the wrong side of the coma...

I'd have thought waking up at ALL would make you rather happy but what do I know?

J8XKPxJm.jpg

It's alright, Aelita.

You're one of the few people who can do so without ever receiving bodily or emotional harm.

NHfYI9tm.jpg

a270gVsm.jpg

Huh...maybe the coma curse has affected your mind somehow?

Or maybe whatever method you used to cure it?

hA5kOaEm.jpg

How the fuck did you do that anyway?

Would Dream Eater work on coma patients?

R3EglWSm.jpg

Yeah I get that from regular sleep.

But you were a ray of sunshine in a dark Melia-filled world!

0LqmMjRm.jpg

I don't want yet another snarky shit-head! We just GOT Erin.

How do we fix this?

q1NHLw2m.jpg

Like...really?

Or are you going to do what everyone else does and never do that ever?

9Nny5CIm.jpg

Well...alright.

As important as this reunion is, it can wait until we're in the real world.

MiqyoFpm.jpg

I can't leave now though. I was asked to come here and meet some fuckwit that calls himself "The Puppet Master" by two mail-order-children after they ate thirty uncooked T.V dinners.

d719jejm.jpg

That's right, Leeta.

Things have somehow gotten weirder since you left.

mQYuN6Hm.jpg

Yuh-huh.

nMKMFAjm.jpg

That's the man.

Or woman.

But let's be honest we all pictured a man when we heard the name.

T9FQHJVm.jpg

See even Aelita...

9yIpCEEm.jpg

Wait, you're looking too?

How the hell did you find out about him? I had to get a mail-order bride and kids to learn about his existence!

eaaqkExm.jpg

g6Essz6m.jpg

Not a big believer in fate myself but it's a nice thought that the dream (HEH) team is destined to be together.

Why are you on the hunt for this guy anyway?

w70DUGbm.jpg

How do you figure he'd be able to do that?

At most I'd say he could make you a puppet that looked like you used too.

Assuming he's the friendly type of puppet master and not the super-manipulative kind.

2rqbcMgm.jpg

Which judging by the...uh...charming surroundings we're in...I'd say he's the latter.

w70DUGbm.jpg

What do you mean change you back anyway?

Just cut your hair, wash out the dye and put back on your bike shorts.

I was a big fan of those.

KgseVGLm.jpg

ZpUPuwam.jpg

That's...unfortunate. (Also it looks pink to me)

But that can't be from the curse. Your hair was still purple when you went under....

What kind of amateur shit did they do to cure you? Because it seems like they fucked up big time.

CWXsWrXm.jpg

Uh....yeah...

I can relate. I can relate really well.

All she's missing is the "nobody else notices you look different" part of my story.

And the excruciating pain of being set on fire.

DTXkPSEm.jpg

That's where yours beats mine though.

3d5SqJRm.jpg

Only changes I had were aesthetic. It's still the same old bastard inside.

I'd hate for my brain to be changed to make me even angrier.

Or worse.

Kinder.

JuEXzHRm.jpg

bI9fncWm.jpg

Huh. A Pokemon would have usually jumped up and said some aggravating and slanderous bullshit by now...

Something's off here...

GVB9Uqym.jpg

Wouldn't have it any other way.

I wouldn't even claim I'm better on my own like usual.

z18cgiJm.jpg

Heh.

And I've got your front, my friend.

3z0NhnTm.jpg

I thought we were going to team up for a second there but it seems to be a cutscene based team-up than a follows-me-around one.

It's a bit jarring after that touching moment there.

CnqpT7Dm.jpg

Ah well.

Guess I better interrogate these people in their dreams.

5JU5nRKm.jpg

*Sigh*

Of all the things for this game to do, I didn't think it'd do Inception.

jQzGwDVm.jpg

Huh.

I actually know who this woman is...she's always standing near the Central Square road fretting about something.

Probably about crossing the road.

TOnlZ6dm.jpg

Fuck, alright.

I'll help you out in like...three chapters, okay?

1r7anQQm.jpg

And I'm guessing the three other versions of her are different aspects of her fear.

One fears the cars, the other fears the potholes, another fears having an epileptic fit from the crossing lights and the last fears being rightfully stabbed for taking too long.

HNPcBaum.jpg

TKSiYdbm.jpg

wUQSZ2mm.jpg

TIgwlilm.jpg

A fear that appears to just be...crossing the road.

Which is called "dromophobia"

And which I didn't fucking think was a thing.

TkY98W6m.jpg

I get it. Nobody wants to get hit by a car but that shouldn't leave you incapable of crossing the fucking road.

I'm afraid of a machine uprising but I'm still going to fight my hardest to stop it.

ZYdI6llm.jpg

TNJ9H1Rm.jpg

This man speaks for the modern world.

HYF6rcAm.jpg

This woman speaks for the modern emo-teenagers.

Are there still emo teenagers? Or have they died out from....well, obvious reasons?

TtlTfLmm.jpg

Future Sean of 2021 here! Appearing to you live for the first time!

And before you ask, yes. This is the fashion of the far-off year of 20XX.

Anyway I FUCKING SAW AN EMO LAST THURSDAY! WALKING AROUND LIKE IT WAS NORMAL!

(And then I stopped because I'm too old to leer at teenagers.)

zH6fgoem.jpg

Or...the right age to?

What's the rule on leering specifically?

Okay, I'm gonna go leer at Joan of Arc to check.

Not just because of the leering thing but I'm also checking if she was actually real.

Because she doesn't SOUND real.

Also I'll tale any chance to piss on the French I can get.

AFTER WHAT THEY DID/WILL DO.

qBeJIR7m.jpg

I suppose I don't hang out with as many young stroppy teenagers as I used to back in the day.

IRL of course.

fs93HIvm.jpg

Here in Loopy-land or as the locals call it "Aevium", they're all around me.

Erin, Melia at times, Pre-Kyogre Amber...probably Post-Valor Nim eventually if the name "Lorna" (as in forlorn) is anything to go by.

And now even Aelita's been sucked into the vortex.

9HUm1i1m.jpg

But I will save her.

GKopyrfm.jpg

And her bike shorts.

Very important we get those back at roughly the same time.

IcskXLZm.jpg

CjitCgWm.jpg

Fuck speaking of bike shorts, I think this is actually the first person other than myself that owns a bike.

I didn't even know this sprite was in the game!

sBcXD0vm.jpg

Well I didn't expect him to say that of all things.

And how dare he sexualize it!

xs7olnwm.jpg

Ugh! This is the sick minds of the Pa-tree-archy at it again.

XiT4BHYm.jpg

I can see why he finds it hot anyway.

It's an ASH tree.

Ash...treeee...

epDfIcKm.jpg

0lgb94Pm.jpg

Hey...is that Flora?

She'll appeachiate my shit tree jokes for sure!

RPzS2T3m.jpg

Or stab me.

ccQDMpQm.jpg

Probably for the tree jokes more than anything.

NQjAdvCm.jpg

pXdbxevm.jpg

Or you know, she'll be hung up about the whole "betrayal" thing.

FAb2UNqm.jpg

I'm not the only one who thinks what I did doesn't count as a betrayal, right?

She attempted to fucking conscript me and then belittled me at every turn!

I1kZqvMm.jpg

bToVWeIm.jpg

Oh now I get it.

I guess my Pokemon didn't follow me into the dream world?

Because if they had, one of the little shits would have popped up and said "I know how that feels" after the conscript and belittle thing.

IzsAG7tm.jpg

Well...your grunts will join you eventually? So that's something.

gt7V379m.jpg

f8DcG54m.jpg

OOooohhh...Florin's got a crush on somebod-

Oh.

It's Cassandra, isn't it?

gPrgyQWm.jpg

Oh that poor sweet boy. Both of the important women in his life turned out to be evil.

That's gotta hurt.

7YGMGGqm.jpg

You know her dream-self is wearing the Bladestar uniform.

I guess that must be how she really views herself?

A rebel fighting against tyranny.

And not a condescending bitch.

MMJGIgJm.jpg

Whatever.

Let's check out the tall dream grass!

Which if we find a Pokemon in, will give me a headache because it would make absolutely no sense for me to be able to capture it here.

Iaobqlhm.png

Oh hey, a Drowzee?

I suppose it's related to dreams at least...

K5mbDVBm.jpg

I'm the realest of the real, baby.

But uhh...if you mean I'm aware of this reality then, yes?

g3cR9Aym.jpg

I mean...I could try catching you?

That'll probably work.

DJx80UTm.jpg

ntPZksXm.jpg

Don't worry.

You'll be asking yourself that question a lot as a member of my team.

t35iMH6m.png

But you will never get an answer for it.

FY41OLQm.png

ltKRWvdm.png

Eurgh! What the fuck!?

Why do dreams even need to go through a nostril in the first place!?

VuBpPqCm.jpg

Not what I meant.

XeJWCtOm.jpg

My hypothesis is that Drowsee convert the bio-electrical energy made by our neurons when we sleep to a gas and suck it up for nourishment.

3Vz4Hlmm.jpg

Which sounds like a reasonable enough explanation since we're dealing with magic creatures and what not.

GeQwj6om.jpg

How are you even hungry? This is a city of dreaming people! Can't you eat off of them?

nytUIgDm.jpg

Oh?

Somehow so?

5cNA437m.jpg

Yuck. I don't want to picture a vomiting Drowzee thanks.

How did you even end up here in the first place?

ihz2gmDm.jpg

I'll accept that because I don't want to think any more of how this stupid place can even exist.

BmpkHE7m.jpg

We'll have to hope the genius technicians that created the teleporting system between Pokeballs and PCs accounted for catching Pokemon in a fucking dream.

GEsIkaHm.jpg

Look, I'm trying to ignore how this game mechanic doesn't make any fucking sense in this location so zip it!

43IUyhdm.jpg

Uhhh...no need to go that far.

Be pretty pointless being able to talk to Pokemon if they swear a vow of silence.

ygyeiQkm.jpg

Wait, you do? I'm pretty sure I saw-

22eTTh8m.jpg

Yeah?

iyExE0dm.jpg

That...is a fantastic point.

Many a Swellow died in Double Battles trying to re-create that move...

Fp1b2DGm.jpg

So...?

eYlBCS9m.jpg

Good questio-

LUcififm.png

Oh. Silly me!

I forgot to nickname you!

KkFd8nTm.png

Now...let's see...

bzv7JLwm.png

Hmmm...

It'd be the perfect name.

She LOVES Drowsee and Hypno after all...

But alas, copyright concerns and whatnot...

tLxrx2vm.png

This is what I'd name her if she were a boy.

After the equally long-nosed Snufkin from Moomin, a cartoon show in the 90's.

7E1weU7m.png

Lullaby? Lull for short?

Hey, yeah. That's actually a great one.

More proof that I'm a nicknaming master!

Believe it!

vG3xATsm.jpg

Like...JUST believe it. Don't listen to what any of the others tell you or research it at all, okay?

Qck9SWDm.jpg

Go right ahead.

8Ps7Tu3m.jpg

6p3ZR9um.jpg

*Sigh*

Fuck it.

Plan B it is then.

Z1zPK6Cm.png

Pzhsuu9m.jpg

Plan B.

MW9HPDQm.jpg

Z5fBww8m.png

4g9Bzz3m.png

Huh.

It worked.

OZ3opb7m.png

ygUWiytm.jpg

Everyone must now call me Mr.GeniusIQ5000 from now on.

lEvlQdum.jpg

ESPECIALLY you, Caesar!

iYKrtwem.jpg

Caesar?

jHsGkHim.jpg

Oh.

I guess the Pokemon I have here are dream constructs of my team?

I suppose it makes sense since they're not asleep.

And since I woke up at 9.a.m and went back to bed at 10.a.m, I can't blame them for it.

8vZ2NjSm.jpg

Wonder what they're doing in the "real" world while this is going on?

TG58J08m.jpg

OV94jDum.jpg

F6OwkJ8m.jpg

sSa5fm8m.jpg

n2Zq1TTm.jpg

qDO2gePm.jpg

KAufuFOm.jpg

YWYxoW9m.jpg

cTjrVNAm.jpg

i9eyLgOm.jpg

jj2QYKpm.jpg

Well whatever they're up to I hope it isn't gambling.

Game Freak doesn't approve of that sort of thing anymore.

And we all know how much I respect Game Freak.

LJ8rHeSm.jpg

Now don't be like that.

Because you're not actually fat.

Besides blimp-tier is like UBER fat. If we're going by balloons, you're one of those special skinny balloons clowns make animals out of.

UGK3Yd0m.jpg

65ZEBQQm.jpg

Maybe she's anorexic and think's she's fat?

I don't understand how that works though. Surely you could just TELL by seeing if a strong gust of wind can knock you over, no?

VGFprIIm.jpg

Do0ZStJm.jpg

7hsG5aRm.jpg

cLOaZOlm.jpg

7E7MAx7m.jpg

Or maybe she'll float away into the sky.

You know what? Fuck it.

I'm not going to be freaked by that.

It's a fucking dream world so anything is possible.

No complaining about how improbable and strange something is!

TTw1qBIm.jpg

My god...I hope I can manage...that's like 85% of my material gone...

8kgYrI6m.jpg

ex69Z4Fm.jpg

Now this DOESN'T count as me complaining about how strange this is...

But have you guys at home ever dreamed...of yourself?

Like I've dreamed that I was other people but I never appeared as like...a separate person talking to me.

'S weird.

Never had a "Pokemon are real" dream until recently either.

And that was just an "Eevee in the back yard of a friend who I haven't seen in 12 years" dream, no battles or nothing.

Hell, I'd expect to dream about this fucking game since I spend so much damn time on it.

fb1ruZLm.jpg

TqnIDB6m.jpg

Unless you're Crescent.

She did it in a fucking second.

So all we need is enough Psychic power and wham-bam.

The Stoner's been sorted.

VWIF1GCm.jpg

Of course that's my very loose hypothesis.

I don't actually know what the fuck is Crescent's deal.

Like I'm faaaairly sure she's like Spacea and Timpea and is a gijinka of Cresselia.

48qmnEkm.jpg

Weird how all of them have been only Sinnoh legendaries, isn't it?

Like Groudon and Kyorge were just monsters and not cute anime girls.

Hmmm...maybe Griselda's kingdom was based on Sinnoh?

Either that or Jan suddenly decided to play Moemon right after Mt.Valor was finished?

MhaaatAm.jpg

Questions and theories we'll save for the historians however.

Let's get back to our lovely reunion with Best (Remaining) Girl Aelita.

abMfQ21m.jpg

Huh?

Oh yeah that was a bit weird. But whatever.

I don't let small things like that faze me.

5j1a5iFm.jpg

Nope. Probably would have helped though.

It's a nightmare being sane in this region.

Pun intended.

UH3P6brm.jpg

Don't know WHY the fuck I keep making puns right now though.

I blame reunion jitters.

WcIdyUFm.jpg

I do.

And I like to think I'm the bastion of sanity for this region.

VIL9IaHm.jpg

Nobody re-read this run and contradict that, okay?

My reactions to the insanity have been VERY sane I'll have you all know!

IWE6iQam.jpg

gEw8uFGm.jpg

fHS01kJm.jpg

Well I don't know about you guys at home but MY heart just skipped a beat.

kSgg526m.jpg

So even if I wasn't really here, she's just happy to see something that at least resembles me again?

Fx9nj40m.jpg

Damn, that's nice to hear. Real nice.

And of course the feeling's mutu-

S50Wk5am.jpg

IT'S JUST A SHAME SOME PEOPLE KEEP FUCKING INTERRUPTING THEM ALL THE DAMN TIME!

5RwxMwpm.jpg

COME ON! WHO IS IT?

I BET IT'S SOMEHOW THAT FUCKING BRAIXEN AGAIN! THAT BITCH RUINED MY REUNION WITH NANCY AND NOW SHE'S ENTERED THE DREAM WORLD TO DO IT AGAIN!

hACb584m.jpg

And who did that come from?

It was a man's voice...so it must have been that Puppet Master freak!

mggtXDpm.jpg

hSZ75Wmm.jpg

Uhhh...

I don't give a shit?

Kd4UAhVm.jpg

Again, I don't give a shit.

p19cRbym.jpg

Why the fuck would you assume I cared about you, O mysterious voice?

yODPFASm.jpg

That's right, you coward!

Come out here and die like a man tell us what we need to know!

XFqi4kjm.jpg

Eurgh...well it's someone we know at least...so not the Puppet Master...

It's also someone who's a taunting asshole.

gz1p1Udm.jpg

Geara then? He's probably in a coma from the janky teleport or something too. It'd make sense for him to be here in the world of dreams what with his spooker wooker powers.

4fSxuf3m.jpg

Uh-oh...something's portalling in...

(Is portalling a word? Maybe when we have the technology for it...)

4K6hh2Pm.jpg

OH.

Looks like I had the wrong a-hole.

It's everybody's favourite Pokemon/human hybrid freak...

TMaNVKHm.jpg

MELIA'S CLONE POKE-BROTHER, MEL!

596Xg2im.jpg

I mean, Zetta.

Yeah.

L4CJpIHm.jpg

Can't say the same.

KWhuZUVm.jpg

That's a surprisingly good question honestly.

I'm gonna go with three months game-time? Even though it's been literal years for me and the audience.

w3SA7XIm.jpg

So why are you here? Crescent throw you in the PC and forget about you like everyone else?

Ve7FWy8m.jpg

Psh.

You don't even have one of those.

You're just a single cell blob masquerading as a human.

8ny3Wccm.jpg

Thought what?

I mean that genuinely, what did you think happened to him?

Because I can guarantee that the truth is weirder

ppWag5fm.jpg

IX5cBUGm.jpg

Because what happened to you was so fucking bonkers a sane mind couldn't even begin to guess?

ifEsR4hm.jpg

BfWsUsNm.jpg

I'd like to point out AGAIN. That Aelita has failed in no fucking way.

She got blindsided by a curse that nobody suspected being there. After all who fucking curses people for holding a door open for them?

TAnIOlOm.jpg

ASIDE from the Garufan and extremely belligerent feminists before anyone points that out to me.

tv2TT7cm.jpg

"Others"

DCm60Rhm.jpg

You mean just me, or was someone else taking down all of your grunts by themselves?

04Kdh2Vm.jpg

No.

I fucking had you both dead to rights on that pillar.

38imR2bm.jpg

Thing's didn't work out because Geara's a cheating bitch who can apparently just say "NO I WANNA WIN" and then the game just fucking lets that twink casually push a much heavier man aside like it was nothing.

Aelita being incapacitated had nothing to do with any of it.

IIs2gWNm.jpg

That's a bit harsh.

You don't consider those 30-ish grunts I killed on my way up people?

And that 1 guy the player character burned in lava with no editing from me?

9K7erbJm.jpg

Boy, karma was sure quick to collect on THAT little misdeed...

kLRjXkOm.jpg

Eh...

qMTIaCim.jpg

Depending on your definition of lost, yeah.

After all we've no fucking idea where Adam or Saki are, nor why Val can't remember us.

But if your definition is death, then no.

Just one loss.

G1d0aQDm.jpg

Who admittedly was probably doomed to deletion the moment he switched sides anyway.

So that's like a half-loss?

a2YkYM4m.jpg

Oh yes.

So tragic.

And I would mean that genuinely if it wasn't fucking ruined by showing that she survived.

Like I'm glad she did but fucking hell don't give it away like ten minutes afterwards.

eUHSRHgm.jpg

You save that shit for her surprise reappearance in the plot and THEN explain it.

k9oTzmOm.jpg

UJn4aW9m.jpg

An important thing to bring up.

Which I had to Photoshop him to do so.

eIveaV1m.jpg

Seriously, my fucking rise from the literal ashes is not addressed by anyone at all.

What the fuck is up with that? They're just like "oh hey Sean's back, neat."

But of course they lose their shit over Zetta's fucked up DNA structure because it contains SOME parts of our lady-on-high herself.

MfhqYTFm.jpg

I was literally too angry to die.

That's the only explanation I have so far.

UNkrlhTm.jpg

fcGbZlHm.jpg

Well...he's not.

His truth is just misinformed.

ZVBiVEJm.jpg

Well.

You ARE a piece of shit.

And that seems like a piece of shit thing to do.

6OUsaDfm.jpg

Xeq7wArm.jpg

And we're all so sympathetic about that aren't we, boys and girls?

The POOR terrorist organisation lost some of their friends.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

qDnGU1rm.jpg

vY47hx2m.jpg

Oh well there was Awul, Nagi, that technician Damen that my character actually killed in cold blood without any help from me and Photoshop, Aldente (the guy who kept telling me to apologise), Jiralen and many more grunts each with an even stupider name than the last.

svOwWbom.jpg

Oh and Geara but he's not dead.

From what I've overheard in Cassandra's office he's been turned into a USB stick or something. I dunno.

ncpxgzom.jpg

N0WGqG0m.jpg

She's met you like twice. What the hell would she know about you?

Although that's still more times than she's met Veronica.

1uVPxWEm.jpg

PyzG31Rm.jpg

Yeah, I know.

I had the same reaction.

Well mine was more:

QGdU4kpm.jpg

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK"

But in essence the same.

5CUJLyjm.jpg

Something else to point out is how the fuck was Crescent able to just...de-evolve him like that?

kL4giK9m.jpg

fqcGQbum.jpg

I'm starting to think she just just has whatever power she can think she has at the time.

I mean psychic powers are extremely versatile most of the time but she just takes the cake.

And probably turns the cake into a Pokemon as well.

Lg4epKsm.jpg

Which... isn't that far-fetched now that I think about since there's like two or three cake Pokemon now.

Somehow they went to cake twice and still haven't made a kangaroo or a dolphin pokemon.

2Sszmu3m.jpg

And no, Kyogre doesn't count even if an orca is just a bigger angrier dolphin.

4KZ7ESqm.jpg

fYoTck6m.jpg

It's not the real world or a dream I think.

It's some creation that takes in the sleeping minds of the residents of GDC.

Things would be even less coherent if it was the combined dreams of everyone.

rizT1Wim.jpg

Think of it like a bathtub and the people dreaming are water.

The bathtub stays the same same no matter what kind of water goes in it.

SGcRkoNm.jpg

Bath. Tub.

txa1ghQm.jpg

2ofjoiBm.jpg

Nightmare City.

cX3HwlGm.jpg

Yeah I'm just...man that's so unoriginal.

I suppose Jan's hands were tied since there isn't any better names.

Bad Dream City.

Sleep Terror Suburb.

UhxPkiJm.jpg

The Nasty Nightmare Neighbourhood!

gHbgWeam.jpg

Wait, so you're not just Zetta dreaming in Crescent's PC box?

The fuck are you then?

nqXZX2Qm.jpg

Okay, I have this one inkling of a theory.

This is the human form of Zetta's conscious.

And that was banished when Crescent devolved him?

lyiUBqgm.jpg

Look it's the best I could come up with right now.

I JUST re-met the guy.

WIZxyEJm.jpg

So the Puppet Master created this bathtub?

Interesting...

No wait, worrying.

NPNdOSBm.jpg

And he's also managed to suck in the dreams of numerous people.

Hopefully it's just idiots who buy those Nightmare Medallions that I was supposed to buy to get here.

But why the fuck would my traumatised ass need a trinket to have a nightmare?

My life IS a nightmare.

u7G9kiSm.jpg

Ugh, I really hope he's just a pawn in the servitude sense and not some stupid chess thing.

4FpoScbm.jpg

If the Puppet Master starts comparing things to chess then I'm fucking out of here.

I don't even know WHY the fuck I'm here other than a small blonde girl told me to come here.

7vi0zfdm.jpg

Why is it no matter where I go, small blond girls always seem to try to tell me what to do?

6X63JiXm.jpg

We're all pawns in Jan's Great Game, Zetta.

You aren't special.

vLUfrMXm.jpg

A fantastic question there, Aelita.

One I'm surprised didn't occur to me before now.

Why this dickhead out of all the dickheads we've met?

g1WDu67m.jpg

I have yet to meet a single character that does.

So again,

You're not special.

wwvCTbOm.jpg

DhMWMDzm.jpg

What the f-

That makes no sense.

HEkH748m.jpg

If you do that we'll come up with more and more outlandish theories that'll take the place of the ACTUAL answer.

chP6jMum.jpg

I'VE BEEN DOING THAT THIS WHOLE FUCKING RUN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

QPFfQyIm.jpg

Or you could just fuck off for good?

Like I was hoping when Crescent took you away.

I only ever expected to see you again as a Reniculus when I eventually fought her.

srtOS3om.jpg

Yeah, yeah. Asta la vista.

ClgAGdXm.jpg

0CSXnC0m.jpg

4sDWyu9m.jpg

Congratulations.

You are now officially one of the "good guys".

Where we never have any idea what the fuck is going on but somehow the bad guys are completely aware of everyone and everything that happens everywhere.

Isn't that fun?

wbps7pIm.jpg

JzJBwA4m.jpg

9B6SgWpm.jpg

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's BECAUSE you listened to her that you fell into a coma.

I even went and checked other people's playthroughs of this version and the dialogue was the same as before.

She tells you to hold a lever because she's too frail and doesn't want you to die in the chamber. (she was totally fine with me dying in there though)

It isn't REMOTELY your fault in ANYway!

BmFLQK7m.jpg

And even if you aren't talking about that and are talking about when she said not to get involved in any Garufan things, the fuck were we supposed to do?

We needed the Magma Stone to get Magma Drift and we needed Magma Drift to get to Nim (and of course pretty princess perfect Melia didn't for some bullshit plot-breaking reason and the less said about Crawli's part in this the better)

RGBpTuBm.jpg

You have absolutely no guarantee of that.

Crescent got rid of three other people that could have helped she would have easily done the same to you.

6gLnVDjm.jpg

MCc9W6em.jpg

AND THEN WHAT!?

NIM'S NOT EVEN FUCKING DEAD NOW AND JENNER WAS ONE HIS FUCKING WAY OUT ANYWAY FOR BETRAYING TEAM XEN!

QqOQA1am.jpg

Aelita.

JyYUoXRm.jpg

I swear to god I will fucking slap you if you continue this "all my fault" bullshit.

aarSUFZm.jpg

The only people to blame for how the events atop Mount Valor turned out are Geara, Zetta, Melia, Crescent and a single nameless Xen Grunt.

Geara for being a bullshit hacker with a Giratina that apparently gorges itself on Max Revives and for capturing Nim in the first place.

Zetta actually didn't do that much come to think of it. But he was still an accessory to Geara. And the dick didn't help me out of the volcano.

Crescent for teleporting Saki and the others away for no fucking reason at all, robbing us of a numerical and technological advantage. AND then showing up afterward to show off how "mysterious and powerful" she is

Melia for her stupid Zoroark plan and her stupid "I can do this on my own" moment AND for literally just watching Geara murder her dad when both him and Zetta had their backs turned to us.

And that one fucking Xen Grunt who delayed Venam, robbing us of her use as an extra meatshield.

jeC1iPPm.jpg

SERIOUSLY WHO THE FUCK EVEN WAS THAT GUY!?

HE LITERALLY DISAPPEARED WITHOUT A TRACE AFTER FIST-FIGHTING HER SEVIPER!

sUYIwk0m.jpg

*Phew*

I hope you understand now.

Because I'm getting real sick of talking about Valor fucking Mountain by now.

8Q18Dd0m.jpg

oe9T9Lum.jpg

He did.

fTgd2kXm.jpg

Oh...uh yeah.

PKBOAbKm.jpg

I was off-balance after trying to catch Nim's falling stone body and Geara casually bumped me into the open volcano.

Normally I'd say the blow to my pride from being pushed aside by that twig was worse than the lava but...

gbOYqZGm.jpg

Well it's lava.

yWKDgyhm.jpg

TbspKz4m.jpg

I...I mean that's very sweet of you but...

zzWE1zmm.jpg

Yeah...

Together.

BSkUTYkm.jpg

9oXuJAkm.jpg

6JTDhevm.jpg

dCFK3yqm.jpg

Okay, I definitetly shouldn't tell her about those three other times I died.

That'll really upset her.

EghFboSm.jpg

Well two of those were in different timelines, the one where we couldn't find that orb bomb in time and the one where my spite overwhelmed me and I threw the bomb at Melia's face.

So they don't really count in this timeline.

e3sgppqm.jpg

But the third one...

acQOjlbm.jpg

The third one...

cJB0PFGm.jpg

Was when I heroically stopped a robot uprising by going toe to toe with a killing machine!

Yep!

WzRWGejm.jpg

7woUPYVm.jpg

None of you fucking mention to Aelita or ANYONE about how I got my ass so brutally handed to me by a robot version of Saki, got it?

The story goes like I say it goes.

I. PUT. UP. A. HEROIC. FIGHT.

EghFboSm.jpg

Besides gravity did at least half of that damage. Even if my crushed ribs and pierced lungs were what finally did me in.

8OkUoR7m.jpg

Now let's go make a huge mistake and talk to some more dream NPCs.

ylg1QFWm.jpg

Uhhh...no. I think.

mSPczmym.jpg

These clothes are probably magical since they formed out of nothing on my destroyed body. They aren't even the same ones I died in.

Whatever made them could have at least sprung for a self-cleaning spell though.

I STILL smell like a volcano as one rude NPC told me a few chapters ago.

Jk3Ypljm.jpg

This isn't the 70's man.

There are no Soul Trains anymore.

URiXpbkm.jpg

MGnMSS2m.jpg

You are literally the only other person who seems to notice the creepazoid vibes coming off him.

Or everyone else does and isn't saying anything because he can cure cancer or whatever.

I mean I guess if he can do that, he can have his personality faults but...something about him just raises my hackles.

UfWN2yWm.jpg

NhuYSuDm.jpg

Okay, we're going to stop humouring these people and just ignore them.

S3y7UhXm.jpg

Wow, you'd think Zetta would be a little bit more wary of cloning himself considering...

UnHHKVEm.jpg

Kp4X72Nm.jpg

I don't but I never have in the first place so there's no point arguing.

5J0lVMym.jpg

37tzSqQm.jpg

You are a bit, Val.

But I'm wondering who or what the hell wiped your memories.

UwuVDJvm.jpg

Or why even?

What exactly was the point in turning you into a reporter for their master scheme?

K8JmwP9m.jpg

I'm going to blame this one on our resident psychic Crescent once more.

She has the means and the last we saw of you guys she said she brought you all here.

0IRRs37m.jpg

Her reasoning for the memory wipe is...less understandable though.

But I'm not going to pretend I've EVER understood her motivations for doing anything.

sWTf3Ktm.jpg

BYDflCJm.jpg

Ice isn't sweet.

You're struggling to rhyme, feral child. And it's pathetic.

sArR82Jm.jpg

Okay, someone needs to find these feral kids's parents and arrest them.

Or...dig them up. Because it's a toss-up between them being either abusive or dead.

There are no other options.

7BZWmlCm.jpg

Ah, Aelita. There you are.

yAKuZ4Lm.jpg

And here I am.

Emerging from behind the treeline like a normal non-murderous person.

Do not fear.

Sean is here.

d4U5hdSm.jpg

bJGjKfNm.jpg

The fuck are you talking about nightmares?

This obstacle shit happens all the time in the waking world too.

kXjTKEym.jpg

Huho! Snap.

9b0DcHRm.jpg

You're getting dissed by Aelita of all people, Zetta!

That's how much you suck!

1Edx2JGm.jpg

No.

Fuck that and fuck you.

I don't want to deal with anymore members of your fucked up genetic ancestry thanks.

96CKEV3m.jpg

AzzK2e4m.jpg

BAPRItmm.jpg

pshORHxm.jpg

It's not like we stayed up late chatting on the phone while doing our nail before, you wanker.

All of the times we've met bar Mt. Valor, you've thrown me into another dimension so I'm not bothered by never talking to you again.

JimRqN4m.jpg

kIChBS9m.jpg

Now I wouldn't call him ugly, per se.

He's not a ruggedly handsome Adonis like myself of course but he's definitely a pretty boy.

wEt8I2Dm.jpg

HAHA!

SQmfDH1m.jpg

STONE. FUCKING. COLD. AELITA!

TVqK3HEm.jpg

Zetta take 500 points of emotional damage.

uhJ1Iuwm.jpg

Zb8My4Hm.jpg

8IjUJG3m.jpg

OH.

So THAT'S what you are!

You've got nothing to do with the original Zetta at all. You must be what those nightmares I saw Melia having were about!

U1N8HWFm.jpg

Don't worry about it.

Tp72Y87m.jpg

tVsD8fUm.jpg

Does...stuff we buy in the dream world come with us when we wake up?

Because that sounds like the absolute perfect way to smuggle drugs.

FtZfYQAm.jpg

RllwLu3m.jpg

TASymPPm.jpg

We could hop over that gap?

b3jam7vm.jpg

Actually speaking of hopping over, how DID you get over that bridge to GDC when it was out?

YpJKmXcm.jpg

D-did you find the coveted "Hop Over" HM foretold in the legends of Chapter 105?

aOU2UCQm.jpg

Yeah, alright.

IujRSjRm.jpg

'sides it's not like we have proof of you actually going over that broken bridge before it was fixed.

Erin could just be really shit at hide-and-seek.

DRS6vcCm.jpg

The Shopping District.

Which from what I can see is completely missing the Department store so we won't bother going down that way.

0xhG6x0m.jpg

For some reason there are a lot of Rockruffs around this area.

Not sure why.

I can't catch them or anything either.

WHY ARE THEY HERE!?

CucmLwBm.jpg

The stalls down to my right just sell garbage tier items like Pokeballs and Potions.

So we're ignoring them completely.

xAylLY4m.jpg

Did you dropping your ice-cream traumatise you so much you had a nightmare about it?!

zqmG39Um.jpg

I...did do that.

"Fresh" might be an exaggeration though. It was in the freezer compartment that my bag apparently has for a very long time.

7jfAtWOm.jpg

Huh.

Thanks...I guess.

Can I ask why you look nothing like you do in the real world though?

11U36uwm.jpg

That's what I want to know.

And how did you end up here if you were going to have sweet drea-

e7sbygQm.jpg

Ooooohhh.

The reverse candy is the sweet.

I geddit now.

MaOkBWsm.jpg

Still doesn't explain why you look different.

Buyj564m.jpg

Speaking of looking different...

7GvKRZ6m.jpg

Lay it on me, bby.

o7ANhmSm.jpg

Oh.

Well that's okay. I'm sure me bursting from the trees out of nowhere was a bit of a shock too.

I'm known to startle people when I approach after all!

Hahahaha...haaa...

jNCMyvum.jpg

RRh2uh3m.jpg

Well it took me a bit because it was foggy and you were dressed very differently but I noticed after a few seconds.

7csXErTm.jpg

CU165iEm.jpg

Oh come on, you know I wouldn't care about that.

You can have whatever anime hair colour you want. I'll still like you.

wHwRQ6Om.jpg

Just don't go off the deep end and get nose rings and tattoos, okay?

OR one of those awful super-feminist haircuts where the girl looks like she's from an 11th century monastery.

KAVgMNPm.jpg

Pacing?

You looked pretty deep in thought when I arrived.

And how did you manage to teleport away?

X38mdzUm.jpg

Oh?

Does it have something to do with your new appearance?

a1MSzr5m.jpg

It's not contagious is it?

Because I'm rather glad I never inherited Nancy's hair colouring and I'd like to keep it that way.

oojRybRm.jpg

m8u9sv4m.jpg

Erin, huh?

Never heard of her.

AMzaA9Hm.jpg

Can we go back to the you being able to teleport thing? Because I feel that's an important skill you've learned.

OhGzbaqm.jpg

Oh okay, we'll table it for later then.

You said you were being monitored?

Why? 'Cause you'll hurt someone's feelings with your new short fuse and they'll start crying?

EroyKgWm.jpg

That's rather...creepy...

Erin didn't mention any of that. Only that you were AWOL...

63DCENPm.jpg

3atSL2Om.jpg

Were they invasive questions or ones like "What's that your reading? or "Is that book any good?"

Because if it was the latter you might be overreacting.

rdeolDQm.jpg

88Tdb4vm.jpg

I get why you did it but maybe you should have left a note or something?

There's no way Eldest would bring you to someone malicious after all.

rzdc3kum.jpg

This is probably just a big misunderstanding because old people just refuse to tell us main characters anything in this damn region.

kZmfkE8m.jpg

Ugh.

MDb95ngm.jpg

But unlike you Zetta, people actually care about her problems.

Airqrw3m.jpg

TmB1hRam.jpg

You're FAR younger than us you idiot.

You were supposedly cloned when Melia was a young. So you're only like ten years old at most!

I think?

0aiGVsUm.jpg

Shit, I have no idea when you were created.

I might be being really mean to a baby right now.

1oiWKhXm.jpg

You do know you already showed us you could duplicate yourself when you blocked off this district's entrance, right?

This isn't really a "jimminiy jilickers" or a "wowzers-zowzers-where-are-my-trousers" kind of moment.

y5Y7baQm.jpg

Well I never do that anyway.

I do tell people how I feel about them though.

For example;

tuJFINKm.jpg

You're being an annoying bitch who's clearly looking for attention because nobody ever showed him affection as a freaky Pokemon/human hybrid child.

Happy, now?

aF127CYm.jpg

oaVQxNOm.jpg

Ha-ha!

Get fucked, Zetta.

UvVff17m.jpg

eqzMD7im.jpg

While she is a little more...intense than before. How the fuck would you know?

You've barely ever interacted at all.

Also that seems to be a running theme with you.

Pissing people off and then going all "Pikachu face" when they're rightly pissed off.

s4OhoZKm.jpg

I already made a "waking up on the wrong side of the coma" joke, Zetta.

You're lightyears away from matching my comedic talent!

ShQQA2em.jpg

Yeah.

Fuck off, will you?

We're trying to enjoy our reunion as best we can given the location.

xGbZslHm.jpg

Well, you're gay.

And I banged your mom.

k1PqLVCm.jpg

Pppllltttt!

Who's the childish one now, freak?

6uaVp4Xm.jpg

What like that little girl who constantly screams "ICE-CREAM" at people?

JWi7087m.jpg

Really?

Because there's nothing more boring than someone telling you what they dreamed about last night.

IYKn7Zlm.jpg

Like what the fuck am I supposed to do with that information?

Comment about how cool it was? When it never happened? Get outta here.

og80BQGm.jpg

Well...yeah, obviously?

FWqVKckm.jpg

S09zZQRm.jpg

IymE09Nm.jpg

WELL.

That's an alarmingly powerful ability for him to have.

Controls dreams...That's dangerously close to mind-control.

ToDhyuT.gif

mg82utEm.jpg

XH06RF2m.jpg

Do you think he works for the city's seemingly all-powerful tourism board as well?

I can imagine that'd be a really popular selling point to visit/move here.

2OcsxNkm.jpg

Shot in the literal dark here, but is he a Darkrai?

lH49CCwm.jpg

Or a human form of Darkrai? Like Timpea and Spacea?

Seems like every fucking gijinka in this game comes from the Sinnoh region specifically...

GOyJuwqm.jpg

dh9DhBVm.jpg

Oh fuck.

And they basically know every fucking secret there is in this damn region.

8NZmQ8Em.jpg

Eh.

You're only saying that because you don't know about the Time&Space Goddesses.

I think at this point, Team Xen is the entry level, Garufan civilisation is middle management and the God Pokemon are upper management for conspiracies.

Bladestar are like consultants that get brought in every now and then.

7NJxLBdm.jpg

That's barely anything though. I figured out most of that stuff aside from the non-Xen affiliation thing myself.

AcwxKTzm.jpg

Was it because I guessed it right? And he IS a Darkrai?

YybfN9om.jpg

Hmph.

mOFX09um.jpg

vOD8Ikmm.jpg

Well as real as those cookie cutter people can get I suppose.

They aren't like you and me with our unique sprites.

We are the master race of characters in this game.

jc2bpebm.jpg

Who knows?

LWPwgThm.jpg

I kinda hope I forget about this shit.

gqjjrGzm.jpg

Because we've just been (or we're going to be) introduced to yet ANOTHER group with EVEN MORE obscure and secretive goals.

FUZIzxDm.jpg

There's Team Xen, the Time Police, Timpea and Spacea's own personal agendas, Anti-Assist, Bladestar, Karen, Crescent, Ayuda&Mei, that Poke Mart employee who short-changed me, Griselda the Giratina since she ran off after Valor Mountain, The Pokemon League probably, the half of Bladestar we haven't seen yet, Doctor Isha, Vitus and Gardevoir, Angie and Cera and now the Puppet Master.

There's probably more as well that I can't remember off the top of my head but those are all the ones who seem the most sinister.

gFZ3zDpm.jpg

That's a LOT of people with unknown motives and end-goals floating around in my pond.

dw5yaA6m.jpg

And If you're wondering why Ayuda&Mei are up there then ask yourselves WHY would they want the legendary Pokemon Zygarde?

I could just be biased after so many years of evil teams using the box legendary for evil but still...

rTiIRQym.jpg

Smells fishy to me.

6arM8HFm.jpg

Thank you.

I love your...petals?

P6hhxjmm.jpg

GOOHFUCK!

THk65o8m.jpg

So it turns out complimenting a plant's petals is basically saying; "Cor blimey! Dem's some crackin' tits, luv. Give us a squeeze" in their language.

eah9i48m.jpg

Who knew?

5mngBMJm.jpg

And who knew non-Pokemon apparently spoke Cockney English?

nqCHpiym.jpg

Well it's a roundabout way of getting to the ToyBox, I suppose.

gV1DfhDm.jpg

Eh. We haven't been here that long.

I doubt we're going to be here for the entire day.

lcbd92Em.jpg

Nah, the idea for coming here to figure things out was fine.

After all who'd know more than someone who can see people's dreams?

But expecting to actually get any useful info from this Puppet guy was a bad idea.

He's going to be the type of dickhead that speaks in riddles only, I guarantee it.

J89Wy0Am.jpg

oVkasH0m.jpg

TvlLsnCm.jpg

iyz11qHm.jpg

How is you appearing somewhere suddenly supposed to faze us when you've been doing it this whole time?

And "kids"? Need I remind you we're older than you? Maybe they aged you up biologically but we're still chronologically older.

And I'm probably still biologically older.

QSJvtu7m.jpg

And I've been blinded by worse.

yfqEQPzm.jpg

I'm actually starting to think my retinas are forming a second, tinted lens to adapt to all the bright lights that I seem to get shot in my face every fucking day.

Better than going blind at least.

SxYynwom.jpg

AjsYQRxm.jpg

mBjMLGlm.jpg

6ASwCnLm.jpg

Those are both very strangely specific things for him to want us to do, Aelita.

aD0e2gUm.jpg

Not that I like defending the guy but he's only redirected us through a single district. Maybe hit the brakes a little?

tzdmDhum.jpg

Lse7ZLvm.jpg

"Girl"?

I'm sorry does Melia imagine you as some sassy black woman trapped in a blonde boy's body?

Or does the sassy part only count when it's spelled "Girrrrrl"?

4B82NESm.jpg

5VsgLJRm.jpg

Do Garufan Curses cause twisted panties?

uSQz5nGm.jpg

More on this as the story unfolds.

PfzSmpRm.jpg

Ype56Mwm.jpg

We...uh went to sleep at some point?

Kind of a big pre-requisite for coming here right?

MU3Hemom.jpg

Pokemon Rejuvenation High School visual novel when?

WHEN, JAN!?

I WANT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT MORE OF THE THINGS YOU DO!

HY5Xo2mm.jpg

I'm more curious as to where you fell asleep in GDC.

The Pokemon Center? Because if you're out in the streets we're kicking Kanon out of the house at letting you stay instea-

Actually wait, what am I saying? Two of the residents are in hospital right now. There's plenty of room.

DY4coiPm.jpg

All courtesy of our dear cash cow FRIEND, Rhodea.

7nGpHyom.jpg

Ru0BGKqm.jpg

Oh?

So did Aelita also get a little blonde fairy child invitation like me?

zzUa7opm.jpg

She needs to ask the Puppet Master where to find hair dye remover.

UHCB4JOm.jpg

What? I'm serious.

1zRsViJm.jpg

P5vYtirm.jpg

Just like a Coldplay song.

zLdptA2m.jpg

2MA0PWPm.jpg

Fuck, really?

Where'd you hear that from?

All the fairy children told me was that he's a "pretty cool" guy.

IRLN9X2m.jpg

ShpQnhNm.jpg

FnraP8jm.jpg

I have terrible nightmares all the time so I didn't need that spooky trinket.

I bet the store that sells them is just a front for the Puppet Master to earn real world money so he can buy more Kermit the Frog merch anyway.

42XAvnqm.jpg

Why? Wasn't a particularly sad story.

Unlike yours is sure to be, you sad fuck.

exemNTFm.jpg

xhtwgi2m.jpg

*yawn*

e3LLZ0zm.jpg

Is it?

Coulda fooled me and my invisible watch.

RW8q6iwm.jpg

*YAAAAAWWWNNNN*

ZNqRU2Zm.jpg

Agh fuck. Sorry. That one was unintentional.

It's just sometimes when you start yawning you KEEP yawning, you know?

E8YSpTNm.jpg

Ugh.

Here's you obligatory "He called it Sean's Group" token.

Fj0ppram.jpg

It's redeemable for one extra point in your favour on the Derogatory's Opinion card I handed out to everyone during the table-read before we started the game.

You need a lot of these to survive past the epilogue.

Now what were you saying?

E8YSpTNm.jpg

Y0u1yxDm.jpg

So Melia then.

Who else would it fucking be?

Venam was unconscious for most of it, Kanon didn't exist and you aren't even close to something I'd have nightmares about.

There's a distinct lack of metal skin and the sound of all those little bones in my palms being crushed.

t3A217mm.jpg

Gross.

z0XVHpCm.jpg

Really, Aelita?

SAJF8M8m.jpg

I think it's neither.

She's having a nightmare because of regret and pity.

z8gp2Vfm.jpg

3ISzOGFm.jpg

You know I'm fairly sure you're not going to show me your dick but you turned away very suspiciously and suddenly just there.

So I'm gonna have to pass just in case.

DAOE2xQm.jpg

It's...never something that's come to mind to be hones-

kikZf4gm.jpg

g870gacm.jpg

OH DEAR GOD NO! THERE'S TWO OF HER!

lg1XVpOm.jpg

OH SHI-!

Qh17bLOm.jpg

Let it never be said that I don't do my own stunts!

iGxENm6m.jpg

Well...yeah.

But...we're just small overworld sprites...

Even I could look like her if all I had was a blonde wig.

And I'm a hairy ape man.

T0FnFgum.jpg

Hmmm.

F6tGOVpm.jpg

I might.

You're what Melia imagined, right?

So she's probably noticed the identical twin similarities herself and is pretty upset by her suddenly having a brother that was raised to be evil.

oXdihwGm.jpg

Or Melia misses what could have been had he not been a part of Team Xen.

BisWPaTm.jpg

7gUU1cgm.jpg

Well thankfully that obliterates anyone's fan-art idea of Team Xen looking after an overly energetic baby Zetta in some sickenly sweet montage.

I remember my friend telling me that that retarded idea is popular in Naruto fanfiction with the Akatsuki.

JMQEA1cm.jpg

Needless to say, I smothered them in their sleep for knowing what's popular in fucking Naruto fanfiction.

As well as burdening me with that information.

9zXycr1m.jpg

IaDlT0Pm.jpg

Whaaaaaat?

Xen Dictator Madame X not showing love and affection to her dear cloned son/science experiment?

rP2vskkm.jpg

Whaaaaaat?

kNpbawSm.jpg

And if you wonder that it means it's really Melia who's wondering that.

Also "wrong foot"?

You came to kidnap her with an platoon of grunts wielding Shadow Pokemon and then threw me into a realm of blood and darkness.

d1GCVF6m.jpg

Try "wrong leg" at the very least.

0cVCuzfm.jpg

xCycctKm.jpg

There's always a choice, Zetta.

Granted I hate that saying but you could have defected immediately in the forest if you actually cared so much.

I was a lot nicer back then I would have been fine with it.

uOjMUSdm.jpg

Back then, obviously. If you did it now I'd knife you and take that cool jacket I've been eyeing for some time.

44sKN3Jm.jpg

Although there is the whole Xen disintegration tramp stamp curse.

There's no way Madame X didn't put one on their walking dimensional bomb after all.

c3nKB88m.jpg

True.

But don't you human experiments nearly always end up going rogue?

Nb4PlzJm.jpg

Maybe if you did that a little earlier...WE could be the ones throwing people into rifts every time we meet Team Xen.

8imrp5wm.jpg

How...do you know that you don't remember?

Aren't you just supposed to be Melia's Nightmare-Zetta? She wouldn't know that.

3vG7PsDm.jpg

Dammit, I thought I had this figured out but now it's just confusing again.

xCpamRam.jpg

Fair.

It's like how bad Pokemon only become bad because of bad trainers.

They don't know any better.

And since you're actually a Pokemon...

Wzs2a5gm.jpg

73aspEvm.jpg

Again, could you really be classified as a person?

KEQhxyim.jpg

You have a strange amount of self-awareness for a nightmare man.

You know the real you is still alive, right?

Unless Crescent is also doing a Nuzlocke and killed you on purpose.

EVHDZ74m.jpg

PsEJHHam.jpg

5VsGL0Rm.jpg

Zetta.

What the fuck.

YfN7afmm.jpg

You did up your hair up in a literal second. Why were you EVER with Team Xen?!

AuTDatFm.jpg

Listen.

The owner of a hair salon in East Gearan owes me a favour.

I think you'd do great in that line of work.

8m2Z3j6m.jpg

Oh he's gone.

Well it's not like he was the real Zetta anyway.

I'll tell the real one if we ever meet again.

Depending on if I kill him or not.

3B2oFYIm.jpg

Well that's because you're a genuinely good person, Aelita.

Me?

I couldn't give a shit.

Part of that IS because he didn't help or even look at me when I was sliding into the volcano though.

nlUQXTpm.jpg

Who grew into a shithead adult.

With superpowers. That he seemed to only use on me specifically.

So I think I'll save my tears, thanks.

5c5iRJ5m.jpg

Right.

0S0nWLFm.jpg

This mission or the entire game?

Because as much as I deride the game, I'll be pretty distraught when it ends.

Ki4cJlqm.jpg

Like what the fuck am I going to do with my life if and when I actually complete this Nuzlocke?

I wouldn't/couldn't do another one like it. Especially not one of this length.

jr66nGYm.jpg

We're years and years away from it actually being over but just thinking about it is...

qeYvx15m.jpg

It'd be like when a show, video-game or book series you love ending for good but times a thousand because it's MY actual show.

97AJTuom.jpg

Ugh, I don't want to think about it.

I'm afraid if I do, it'll come to life here in this realm.

Y1AprSzm.jpg

So let's repress it completely and move on.

hKNxL4km.jpg

W-wait, so you're another conscious person like me and Aelita in here?

X7kj8l6m.jpg

Hrmm...

I'm gonna say no.

He's just another dreamer who's speaking dream gibberish.

The puppet master thing threw me a bit though.

e1fmaIFm.jpg

szQF7jXm.jpg

And after much unexpected Zetta-ing we're finally here at the Toy Box!

And there's also a wake-up section to the right.

4aa6TAnm.jpg

Hang on.

zhiO5jvm.jpg

That woman in the corner has a unique sprite, doesn't she?

Seems vaguely familia-

xU2wAN0m.jpg

Oh! Crescent!

P7UemNZm.jpg

Fancy seeing you here, staring into a corner...

0q2VRbEm.jpg

And muttering the same words over and over again in a spooky fashion...

VyZKN3hm.jpg

3kgyQZRm.jpg

So what's up with that?

And what did you do to Nim? And Valarie for that matter?

YzWPCyZm.jpg

Not much time until what?

Storm-9?

TC7xmPHm.jpg

Hello?

kiAnPN4m.jpg

hGsjWyym.jpg

She uh...doesn't seem to even register I'm here.

Which is...strange...she's usually a big fan of the Seanster.

nNBnqfpm.jpg

I'm sorry, audience. I will genuinely try to never refer to myself as that again.

I know I said I wouldn't before but I forget these things.

C3iXQVvm.jpg

Okay she's not paying attention to me anymore. I can drop the cool guy act.

I38cuPtm.jpg

I'm very fucking worried that she's worried about something so much.

Like this bitch has been almost completely unflappable as long as I've known her.

f9Rgk55m.jpg

And I'm also worried because a little bit after we got back to the past I assumed she was the ginjinka version of Cresselia because of her obvious name.

But now that she's here it seems that I was either wrong about that or I was right and Puppet Master Darkrai is just stronger.

So here's hoping I'm wrong.

JeuQZ0am.jpg

zgRE9UDm.jpg

Hah. Who knows? Maybe for a change I'll be the one showing up at the last second to steal her spotlight, huh?

Yeah it's not very likely, is it?

A man can dream though.

QHjxrE.gif

A man can dream.

wV68FWHm.jpg

PllOXk1m.jpg

YOU PROMISED YOU'D FUCK OFF, ZETTA!

AZpr9O9m.jpg

mCfZl73m.jpg

GiiXaxym.jpg

It's a fucking battle, isn't it?

wYm551Om.jpg

Uggghhhhhhhh...

YQFONIZm.jpg

How many times must I beat these people for them to lose hope and stop trying?

XcQbDyPm.jpg

Well...yeah?

We're...neither of those to each other. In my opinion at least.

We're obviously not friends since I have such rigorous standards for those.

kzEskYlm.jpg

As for sworn enemies...ehhh...you haven't really done anything severe enough to me to warrant that title.

That title is for the...special cases.

lrGvOgTm.jpg

How do YOU have Pokemon in the dream world? At least mine were near me while I fell asleep.

Stga2eJm.jpg

I really want to meet the person who created that little piece of trainer etiquette.

I'm assuming it was some Genghis Khan figure where consent meant very little to him.

But with Pokemon.

c9U9O61m.jpg

I wonder what Pokemon Genghis Khan would have used?

mJRCYUOm.jpg

The Horse ones obviously.

Mudsdale and Rapidash.

Probably Decidueye too. Mongols were known for their horse archers after all.

Kangaskhan?

Oooh yeah. Even if it's just for the word "khan" in the name.

uYXTDCfm.jpg

Zetta's pose makes him look like he's just ordered all starboard cannons to fire.

That's all I've got guys.

h9lOPktm.jpg

fAmPyLym.jpg

You're about to see something real impressive, Zetta.

gup3jKWm.jpg

MY NEVER BEFORE SEEN BEHIND THE HEAD POKEBALL TOSS!

GAZE IN AWE AS I SOMEHOW THROW A POKEBALL THE SAME DISTANCE AS NORMAL WITHOUT ANY OF THE NORMAL MOMENTUM!

N2epXn3m.jpg

You...uh...named your Vileplume "Please"?

Christ, and I thought Melia's naming scheme was lame...

uUz4dLKm.jpg

dww9Wf6m.jpg

Well Dream Hakon, cut this weed down to size, if you please.

CwueAwcm.jpg

ucSqyNim.jpg

2DBeTyCm.jpg

Ergh.

You know what? This is going to take too long.

I'll just send out Chiller.

Who won.

NqGU5Adm.jpg

If I'm honest, this dramatic fight with Nightmare Zetta didn't really turn out to be very dramatic.

Izm1KFvm.jpg

Forget the Magical Dragon?

CzKrMDJm.jpg

I guess I can do that.

Gv0gLoim.jpg

That thing was a lot more threatening on the volcano.

wgGNe8Tm.jpg

I suppose that's because most of Chiller's attacks were nerfed up there.

MxJDFMDm.jpg

Weavile, huh?

Best use a fighting type so.

8lULgnqm.jpg

GDGj5z8m.jpg

It's no.

Just no.

2X709NVm.jpg

Hl5NaCym.jpg

And there goes his head.

Thankfully since this is all a dream and no Pokemon were harmed in the making of this chapter.

Sd6tqKlm.jpg

If these were actually real. Zetta wouldn't have any Pokemon because he's not the real one.

Also that Weavile was called "Not"

So Please Forget Not?

TPkrzefm.jpg

Ah yes.

The actual fucking legendary Pokemon Zetta just has.

Jlchfy5m.jpg

Well I suppose it's one of the weaker ones since Team Xen created them in a lab.

It's FAR less egregious than the army of Deoxys clones they have.

1CltdOsm.jpg

Okay, Lobo.

Just let it whale on you and then kill it with Revenge.

csTOzO3m.jpg

Oh dear.

That's unfortunate.

clHPzAMm.jpg

0Qgx9Thm.jpg

4qLh2RZm.jpg

Ah.

Shit.

lCp1tl7m.jpg

So what exactly are the rules if a Pokemon dies in a dream? Do they die in real life?

slqDMHXm.jpg

5iVR8W1m.jpg

NEVER FUCKIN' MIND THOUGH BOYOS! THIS TOUGH BASTARD IS STILL KICKING!

SO6PyO6m.jpg

3ka7Vkrm.jpg

And thankfully he'll never know I praised him. He doesn't need a BIGGER ego.

lG6ebZ4m.jpg

He may be curious about how he got stronger doing nothing though...

Fp4omOCm.jpg

5XF3dkVm.jpg

w77MLSPm.jpg

ndVb64Dm.jpg

Wonder what this one's called?

We've got "Please Forget Not About" so far.

LujwtPVm.jpg

So "Please Forget Not About Do"?

Where is Zetta going with this?

wgzpX2gm.jpg

eGZbnELm.jpg

2ITfquTm.jpg

He withdrew "Do" after this turn.

CKdbeLNm.jpg

A...Solosis?

Zetta doesn't have a...oh right.

lYoU2c1m.jpg

"Me."

So Zetta is as strong as a level one Solosis?

And secretly a girl?

n1AzD0em.jpg

This is all very symbolic and confusing.

Lvj6rm6m.jpg

So that makes the full sentence,

"Please Forget Not About Do Me"

FS9fiyom.jpg

But WHAT?!

inlI94cm.jpg

Could THAT!?

OAJSHwQm.jpg

Possibly mean?

92vJBFYm.jpg

YPrbj2Vm.jpg

Okay, okay...what it really reads as is;

"Please Do Not Forget About Me"

Guess he's a fan of the band Simple Minds or the Breakfast Club?

IJTU7eTm.jpg

For...what?

Beating the shit out of your team?

Huh.

It's not often people thank me for beating them up.

F2lZIOXm.jpg

kz3z8JUm.jpg

Guess so.

Bye.

42MIf91m.jpg

You're being very generous even calling this bittersweet.

3JDaSuVm.jpg

It's just an ending.

I don't feel very strongly about it.

Ii311R1m.jpg

Closest you'll get is Madame X being angry over losing an important asset.

I certainly won't miss being tossed into a dimensional rift every fucking time I see you.

fNoka6jm.jpg

That's probably not true.

After all why the fuck would he use you in the first place?

It's only Melia that gives a shit about you in our group and she isn't here.

TSQ80pMm.jpg

7GpwKxGm.jpg

What? You want a pity party?

You're not a living thing. You're a figment of Melia's imagination twisted into serving the Puppet Master's obscure agenda.

p1e6ilhm.jpg

4GIcE6om.jpg

Wow.

Would you look at all the fucks' I give?

Ukr4Ny6m.jpg

*Sigh*

Even in angry pink mode, you're still a nice girl huh, Aelita?

COqYmBYm.jpg

You're still alive in the real world, you big baby.

I'm sure there's some mystical mumbo-jumbo way you can combine with that Zetta in the future.

So lighten up and fuck off already, will you?

idgbYHgm.jpg

fK4nNdIm.jpg

No.

WY1tu0Nm.jpg

We're not doing that.

You're not the real Zetta.

You're Melia's nightmare.

9s0dhsdm.jpg

And since you're not at all intimidating a person. I can only guess that the reason she has nightmares about you is because she wonders if there was good inside you all along.

Because you're technically her twin brother and she's feeling regret about either dismissing you outright or letting Crescent take you away.

0cD1C0vm.jpg

Which means most of these "positive traits" we're seeing here are just her projecting onto you.

whn73YHm.jpg

After all she doesn't know you. She's met you a few times for a few minutes in both your entire lives.

The real Zetta is still a bitch who left me to die in a volcano.

OOBhqJUm.jpg

Of course all of that would be the logical explanation but who fucking knows what is going on here?

Well it's just what I think. And as the smartest person in this empty room, what I think is all that matters.

4JGSBegm.jpg

We're not going to do it.

hUgqHGSm.jpg

All those other issues aside it'd be really fucking weird if we just asked Melia not to forget about you out of nowhere.

Plus she's more worried 'bout someone she actually likes right now.

IO2mEL9m.jpg

WY4BRxNm.jpg

Well he's a grown man obsessed with puppets.

If that doesn't scream impatient manchild, I don't know what does.

LSjyxezm.jpg

This should be a laugh.

Come back next time for probably more people blaming Aelita for Mt. Valor going to shit for some illogical fucking reason.

Ugh...

d9DFoSnm.jpg

It's just so fucking stupid.

Is it some sort of psy-ops by Jan so people will stop blaming Melia for being a dunderhead?

A88E3oDm.jpg

Our researchers (me) say yes.

They also say to come back next time!

Ok bye!

IlYFtJm.jpg

I always thought the Breakfast Club was overrated myself.

Anyway, this was going to be a double feature chapter update but I ran out of time before my birthday so...whoops?

Last edited:

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
I mean he's trapped in Raging Ruby but he still made it to the end of the Nuzlocke!
Rising Ruby
I don't think you re-read Part 2 though.
Re-read every chapter with Zira in it and come back to me.
I actually have done that. You don't have an answer.
I'm not going to give you fucking TIPS on how to become worse!
Wynaut?
*Sigh*
'Course it is.
Is it the actual real GHOST of the old mayor that Cassandra had murdered?
Even weirder
Not literally, you goon.
Like he's gone for ages, story-wise.
Or maybe it just seems longer when doing this run?
Probably both
Jesus.
You guys are dumb. SEAN Bean? SEAN Connery? Literally any other famous person named Sean?
DID YOU THINK SEAN BEAN WAS PRONOUNCED SEEN BEEN!?!?
I have literally no idea who those people are. This run is where I first saw the name "Sean".
"Dragon's Potential" my fucking arse.
That doesn't exist
I don't remember that.
Pretty sure you were one of the ones egging me on to give Zira a taste...
No. It was literally everyone BUT me
Well I was thinking you'd turned over a new leaf and were legitimately asking me how I'm doing but then I saw the spelling and was once again reminded I should never trust anyone ever.
What do you mean? Nameless people who fill the replies with spoilers are totally trust-worthy
Yes. It is specifically the dreams of people in GDC

It was in the Pokemon Tower in Fire Red/Leaf Green
Are we both dreaming about the Puppet Master specifically or do ALL dreams in the area get sucked into this...pool of unconsciousness?
The latter
Is there something the matter with you, Aelita?

It's not like you to be this self-pitying
Kinda the point.
(Also it looks pink to me)
It IS pink
What kind of amateur shit did they do to cure you? Because it seems like they fucked up big time.
Not quite pre-cognition yet but close
Of all the things for this game to do, I didn't think it'd do Inception.
Why wouldn't you expect that?
Okay, I'm gonna go leer at Joan of Arc to check.

Not just because of the leering thing but I'm also checking if she was actually real.

Because she doesn't SOUND real.
History in general sounds like a really badly written drama plot
I guess my Pokemon didn't follow me into the dream world?
Why?
I guess that must be how she really views herself?

A rebel fighting against tyranny.
Yes. Flora really DOES see herself as a person fighting for good
I don't actually know what the fuck is Crescent's deal.
V13 spoilers but If you really wanna know,
She also has Interceptor powers. Granted that doesn't really explain much but hey, that's Rejuvenation for you!
Like I'm faaaairly sure she's like Spacea and Timpea and is a gijinka of Cresselia.
See above
Because I can guarantee that the truth is weirder
Rejuvenation.png
Okay, I have this one inkling of a theory.

This is the human form of Zetta's conscious.

And that was banished when Crescent devolved him?
No.
SERIOUSLY WHO THE FUCK EVEN WAS THAT GUY!?

HE LITERALLY DISAPPEARED WITHOUT A TRACE AFTER FIST-FIGHTING HER SEVIPER!
Huh. A NAMELESS grunt who appears out of nowhere for the sole purpose of obstructing the heroes and then disappearing? Hmmmmm, who could that be!?
Seems vaguely familia-

xU2wAN0m.jpg

Oh! Crescent!

P7UemNZm.jpg

Fancy seeing you here, staring into a corner...

0q2VRbEm.jpg

And muttering the same words over and over again in a spooky fashion...

VyZKN3hm.jpg

3kgyQZRm.jpg

So what's up with that?
It's never explained
And I'm also worried because a little bit after we got back to the past I assumed she was the ginjinka version of Cresselia because of her obvious name.

But now that she's here it seems that I was either wro‎of‎ about that or I was right and Puppet Master Darkrai is just stronger.

So here's hoping I'm wrong.
See above
kz3z8JUm.jpg

Guess so.

Bye.
Haha. Did you ever think that we were done with Zetta here?

It's only a matter of time before you start having nightmares involving zombie chefs, dragons and the Inquisition.

Last edited:

Sovereign One

Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 19, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
What a fucking baby. She was only like that for less than TWO weeks in-game since the tournament was stated multiple times to be a week long AND the week after the player arrived in the city.
...so how long were you dead again? SHE has the high ground here... volcano burning aside.
And how the fuck would she know what death was like? Does she say this while the player is in the room?
She does, it's like the last conversation she has with you and Melia before V12 ended so you should have seen it already.
eaaqkExm.jpg

g6Essz6m.jpg

Not a big believer in fate myself but it's a nice thought that the dream (HEH) team is destined to be together.
One thing I really like about V13 is the player and Aelita's relationship. Jan make's it very clear that out of the entire group, you and her are the closest.
KgseVGLm.jpg

ZpUPuwam.jpg

you know, for once... you're not wrong, I see it as pink too.
But I will save her.

GKopyrfm.jpg

And her bike shorts.

Very important we get those back at roughly the same time.
Too bad she trades it in for a new outfit later (though I actually prefer that one.)

Like I've dreamed that I was other people but I never appeared as like...a separate person talking to me.
I once had a dream where I saw thousands of me falling from the sky. It was a very weird dream that confused me so much I actually woke up.
And I like to think I'm the bastion of sanity for this region.

VIL9IaHm.jpg

Nobody re-read this run and contradict that, okay?

My reactions to the insanity have been VERY sane I'll have you all know!
I don't need to reread the run to contradict that, after all you burned down a village because of one man. I mean good lord you showed more restraint with fucking RADOMUS. Yes I know you burned down his castle but you pretty much knew the only people in there were Meteor goons.
Why is it no matter where I go, small blond girls always seem to try to tell me what to do?
Better question, why do you continue doing what they ask?
And that one fucking Xen Grunt who delayed Venam, robbing us of her use as an extra meatshield
And she's even more of a pushover due to v13 rewrites. You and Melia are sweeping up Valor mountain (Melia does it first and offscreen of course)... and Venam somehow knocks out all her pokemon before even reaching the top.
WY4BRxNm.jpg

Well he's a grown man obsessed with puppets.

If that doesn't scream impatient manchild, I don't know what does.
HAH
HAHAHAH, you're so wrong about this it's actually funny. 😆

Last edited:

Sovereign One

Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 19, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
I have literally no ideae who those people are. This run is where I first saw the name "Sean".
WHERE DO YOU LIVE, HOW DO YOU EXIST?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Jesus, I looked up some pictures there, don't know how people could live like that.

Well I very nearly couldn't. I'm so glad wood heaters are banned now, they caused so much pollution.

I am SO glad I returned that game to Gamestop after one day now.
Holy shit.

Honestly the only good part of that game is the two-hour stretch in the second game where Leonard is kicked right out of the storyline and Yulie takes over and promptly solves 99% of the problems in the entire game world. Unfortunately that 1% she missed turned out to be a doozy...

I don't trust him but he's obsessed with his win record at being a doctor so I don't think he'd let anyone die.

Sure, he might keep the bodies alive, but what about their MINDS?! I don't trust that fucker!

Aelita, that was not even slightly your fault! That was the fault of that asshole Grunt hiding information and your Elder refusing to pull a lever! Also it's really good to see you again we missed you so much

Well you're certainly with the person who absolutely understands how you're feeling.

:crying:Oh my god it's so nice to have a supportive friend with us again!

"I had it coming for being such an asshole!"

I'm not the only one who thinks what I did doesn't count as a betrayal, right?

She attempted to fucking conscript me and then belittled me at every turn!

You have to actually give a fuck about someone to betray them. And she very much made her own bed here. She's a member of a goddamn Team in a Pokemon game! And a bullying bossy shithead! You should be thankful Sean only turned you in, he SHOULD have thrown you into one of those bottomless chasms!

I. what. THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN THE ANIME?! Oh my god I can't even facepalm hard enough

Well whatever they're up to I hope it isn't gambling.

Game Freak doesn't approve of that sort of thing anymore.

And we all know how much I respect Game Freak.

Once again I apologise for the incredibly shitty 'Liberal' Party/National Party coalition here that decided any game with gambling couldn't be released in Australia and set off the demise of the Game Corner. I am so, so sorry.

:love:

How appropriate, the Puppet Master picked up the Eternal Puppet.

Miss you are absolutely correct in your fear and the sanest person in this city who isn't Sean or Aelita.

Holy shit! That was beautiful!

Is this chapter just 'Aelita burns the shit out of Zetta'? Because I am HERE FOR IT.

Well that's an incredibly creepy and shitty thing to do to a person! Especially to a family member coughEldercough.

:laugh: I'm laughing so hard it hurts!

Well yeah, you're being a prissy shithead and keeping his visitors from actually getting to him.

Yikes... Boy, you need to SHUT THE HELL UP.

- Wait, since this is Melia's nightmare of Zetta, does this mean Melia's secretly being a massive bitch to everyone in her head?

You're a clone, genius, of course you look just like her, that's literally the entire point!

You are a far, far better person than I am. Because I'm just enjoying watching him getting burned over and over.

Oh. Oh this doesn't bode well...

I really want to meet the person who created that little piece of trainer etiquette.

I'm assuming it was some Genghis Khan figure where consent meant very little to him.

Either that or it's some kind of remnant from the days of warring city-states and battlefield etiquette.

I always thought the Breakfast Club was overrated myself.

Meeeeeh. Seen it, didn't really like it. Just a bunch of teenage archetypes being teenage archetypes in the most 80s way possible. Not to mention really fucked up depiction of mental health issues...

spikesgirl1

Lugia Worshiper
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ghost
I don't recognize that symbol thingy, but it could be from another Pokemon game, though probably not a mainline one.

Yay, one of the better characters returns! ...Please tell me she'll stick around this time.

Hm, sounds like either a possession situation or a "Freaky Friday" one. Though I doubt this Puppet Master is gonna be cool about "fixing" her.

Pfft, nice clock helmut, Future Sean. Also, never got why the whole one-arm shoulder pad is a popular thing. What does it even do?

That guy is just...bizarre. Your terrible puns just barely help alleafviate it. :P

Oh yeah, anime logic for Pokemon is out there. I honestly forgot about the Hypno thing from it.

You have so much love for Game Freak, what with calling their games boring and all... >:)

Never dreamed of myself as a separate person, no. I don't even think I've had an "evil twin" dream either. Usually the ones I remember are based off of something I recently saw, like a TV show or YouTube video.

Oh. Zetta. Yay? I think I would've preferred Geara.

I know, right? I'd love a dolphin and kangeroo Pokemon. Really, any animal they haven't used that would make a cute/cool design would be great. Fan games keep beating them to it, though.

I'm getting tired of this "It's all Aelita's fault" too, whether she's blaming herself or someone else is doing it. Now she really IS an emo teen.

...I'm actually a lot more interested in this Puppet Master now. I'm probably jinxing it, but I hope it's not lame.

I almost want to feel bad for Zetta, but Jan would've had to build him up far better than what we got. Defecting from Team Xen might've actually helped me care.

Wow, now Crescent? At least this is helping remind me of a few of the many characters we've seen so far, even if Aelita's the only one I like.

Yeah, the names making a phrase would've worked a bit better if they'd actually been in order. Still, most NPCS don't nickname, so at least it's a little interesting.

And nothing of value was lost. Looking forward to the next chapter!

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I've only really read his ABC-Locke of Black2 so that's all I can recommend.
Damn right! But in my own HUMBLE opinion, I'm better because I've been doing it longer than he had by now.
Early Reborn was basically me copying him but I think with all my editing and nonsense I brought it into my own.
I actually went back and re-read some of the first chapters of your Reborn 'locke early last year, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that you've improved a ton. That's not to say you were bad at what you did back then, jut that there's been noticeable improvement - which is a good thing!
(Also I read a bit of Macktavious' Black 2 run, and I can absolutely see the inspiration; still like your stuff better though.)

I'm still dying inside from him once saying he'd give up his arm and leg to bring me back like Ed did for Alphonse and I thoughtlessly responded with "I wouldn't bother."
What I MEANT by that is that I wouldn't let him do that for me, not that I wouldn't do the same for him. But I'm not sure which way he took it or if he even remembers it.
Honestly, I genuinely hope he just doesn't remember that interaction so it can die with me.
Oh god. I felt that one in my bones...
If it makes you feel better though - he probably doesn't remember. Younger siblings seem to have insanely selective memories.
If he hasn't brought it up by this point I wouldn't worry.

Hahahaha I fucking love him.
Glad you like him! When inspiration strikes it must be created!
I was tempted to try and draw an evolved form for him as well, but I'm kinda crunched for time right now - maybe another day.

SEAN BEAN? SEAN CONNERY!? SEAN ASTIN?
WHO IN THE WORLD IS ACTUALLY CALLED SEEN!?!
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT'S HOW THEIR NAMES WERE SPELLED - I THOUGHT THEY WERE ALL SPELLED "SHAWN!"
I've never payed much attention to celebrities :cybercrime:

Hahahaha that sucks. She didn't give you the full bowl cut, right? That haircut should be child abuse.
Oh god no - I think I would have gone on strike at a much younger age had that been the case.
My mom didn't really know what to do with my hair growing up, so she just handled my bangs. I'm one of the few people in my family with stupidly thick and curly hair, so all major haircuts were handled by a professional.

But if we're honest, the Team Xen retirement fund is Madame X killing you like Sepiroth did to Aerith.
Oh man, I just pictured Team Xen having a room modeled after that scene specifically for "disposing" of people.
"Sorry pal, you're no longer needed with the company. Would you mind standing over there so the boss can drop down from the ceiling and impale you? Thanks."

Like...that's a few generations back, right? Four European people didn't just decide to form a coalition to eventually create you, did they?
Oh yeah, it's from a decently long time ago. There was no European gang bang... as far as I know.
My grandfather did an ancestry thing a couple of years back, so we know we're pretty Swedish and Irish (not to mention that my entire family looks very Swedish and Irish). Then my grandmother's maiden name is German, and my last name is a French abomination.

Ever since I started this Rejuvenation Nuzlocke, the door out of my room just leads to the dark space between galaxies.
-image here-

Freaky stuff, right?
Horrifying, I cannot believe you would show me that image.
I don't think I can ever forgive you for this one.

This is apparently the world of nightmares.

Which is apparently a real(?) thing that exists in some sort of collective unconscious of mankind(?).

yalIz1Vm.jpg

*Sigh*

I should have expected ending up here at some point when I learned the name Grand Dream City...
I... I am genuinely upset that I didn't connect those dots.
I mean, how much more obvious could Jan have possibly been about what type of content this city was going to have?

yalIz1Vm.jpg

*Sigh*

yalIz1Vm.jpg

Such low-hanging fruit though...
Also did you use the same picture of yourself twice in a row or am I just going crazy?

IaAwLKrm.jpg
Hm... it sort of looks like that healing circle that you come across in the middle of Lavender Tower.
But it's not exactly the same... maybe an edited version of it?

itfnRclm.jpg

0P1VJ4Jm.jpg

Hang on...that's no dream demon...

That's Aelita!
FINALLY!
One of the few remaining best girls has been returned to us!

ez0JByAm.jpg

That it has.

Exactly sixty chapters since we last spoke.

Which translates to roughly two irl years since the audience last saw us together and like two-three in-game months.
Has it really been 60 chapters (and two years) since we last was Aelita?
I'm gonna be honest with you, reading that chapter feels like it just happened yesterday. I don't appreciate that 2019 was two years ago.

9bZc9MZm.jpg

What sort of fucking moron would pick options 1 or 2?
... Me.
When I saw this screen my inner RPG player came out and assumed that the first two questions were just to gather information while the last one would move the dialogue along.
I swear Jan did this on purpose...

KgseVGLm.jpg

ZpUPuwam.jpg

I'm actually with you on this one - her hair is definitely more pink than red.

I have gotta say, this game nails the dream dialogue perfectly.
It's almost eerie just how similar this feels to how people would talk in a dream... or what you would read in a dream.
I know you're not supposed to be able to read in dreams but sometimes I can - it's usually just gibberish though.

OOooohhh...Florin's got a crush on somebod-

Oh.

It's Cassandra, isn't it?

gPrgyQWm.jpg

Oh that poor sweet boy. Both of the important women in his life turned out to be evil.

That's gotta hurt.
😬
That man is going to end up in a psyche ward by the end of the. He just can't catch a break can he?

Iaobqlhm.png

Oh hey, a Drowzee?
Oh god... guess it's time to start bracing myself for the inevitable Hypno.
Ironically I actually don't mind Drowzee, it's almost cute in a weird way. Then it becomes Hypno though and suddenly I am overcome by a powerful desire to throw it off the nearest cliff.

bzv7JLwm.png

Hmmm...

It'd be the perfect name.

She LOVES Drowsee and Hypno after all...

But alas, copyright concerns and whatnot...
DON'T YOU THINK ABOUT IT!
DEFAMATION IS AGAINST THE LAW "SEEN!"

7E1weU7m.png

Lullaby? Lull for short?

Hey, yeah. That's actually a great one.

More proof that I'm a nicknaming master!

Believe it!
That is WAY too cute of name for that abomination.
Oh well, I suppose it's better than the alternative...

Dream Caesar's dead stare is freaking me the hell out.
I don't think your arm phasing through him is helping either...

'S weird.

Never had a "Pokemon are real" dream until recently either.

And that was just an "Eevee in the back yard of a friend who I haven't seen in 12 years" dream, no battles or nothing.
I don't think I've ever dreamed of myself; no.
Most of my dreams consist a very foggy version of my childhood home, and I'm usually running/hiding from some sort of shadowy creature with a bunch of people I've never met before.
It's either that or driving down and endless desert highway - sometimes both!
I wish I could have a Pokemon dream though 🥺

Somehow they went to cake twice and still haven't made a kangaroo or a dolphin pokemon.
... Isn't Kangaskhan supposed to be a kangaroo?
I mean it's in the name - 'Kanga'skhan, and it even has a pouch too.
I'm with you on the dolphin Pokemon though, it's long overdue.

88Tdb4vm.jpg

I get why you did it but maybe you should have left a note or something?

There's no way Eldest would bring you to someone malicious after all.

rzdc3kum.jpg

This is probably just a big misunderstanding because old people just refuse to tell us main characters anything in this damn region.
I feel like a lot of problems in this game would be solved if everyone were just a little bit more honest with each other.
But then there would also be less drama!

MU3Hemom.jpg

Pokemon Rejuvenation High School visual novel when?
I mean... it's not Pokemon Rejuvenation - but still.

Ki4cJlqm.jpg

Like what the fuck am I going to do with my life if and when I actually complete this Nuzlocke?

I wouldn't/couldn't do another one like it. Especially not one of this length.
Damn... I never really thought about it but yeah, this run will end one day.
I've been following it for so long at this point it almost feels like it'll just keep going on forever, but the game is going to end eventually.
... Unless Jan just keeps updating it with new episodes forever I guess.

Okay, okay...what it really reads as is;

"Please Do Not Forget About Me"
That's... actually kind of depressing. I mean not Zetta specifically, he's a bitch, but just the concept in general.
The idea of just suddenly vanishing and no one really remembering or even caring that I'm gone is a very real fear of mine, and whenever this idea is explored in media it always give me chills.
So this actually got to me a bit.

No-name

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 31, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
I don't appreciate that 2019 was two years ago.
The Area 51 meme was 2 years ago, if you remember that.

Most of my dreams consist a very foggy version of my childhood home, and I'm usually running/hiding from some sort of shadowy creature with a bunch of people I've never met before.
It's either that or driving down and endless desert highway - sometimes both!
I wish I could have a Pokemon dream though 🥺
The dreams I remember the most are the ones where I fell from the atmosphere with a parachute and somehow landed at my middle school, the one where I almost had sex with my cousin and the one where my father's workplace contained a secret network of tunnels and passageways.

Users who are viewing this thread