• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Sinnoh Written Log The Monstrosity- Chapter 18 is up early! 8/11/22

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Three rulesets, one Specs

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
ROXIE!!!!!
ROXIE IS HEALED!!!!!!

the fact that she is is probably my favorite thing ever. im still really worried about steel but she's healed, she's healed!! i love her ;o; i have loved her from the start and i shall love her forever hereafter

im so proud of her, i can't wait for her to bond with the training team!

ace....... :(

do you figure jubilife's hospital would be more familiar with lung surgeries/ailments, given its close proximity to oreburght than the one on hearthome? i imagine that one's got a kickin children's hospital (im also interested in ur answer to simplyunown, regarding the roll bonus for a bigger hospital)

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I love that screenshot showing off your diverse team. It really feels like something you wouldn't see anywhere else. Wow, I can't believe Roxie healed. When you first caught her, I thought she was a lost cause. In such a dire state when you first caught her, it's amazing to see her fully healed.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Alright, folks! Who’s ready to kick some ass?!

And by kick ass I mean medicate Pokemon. Because that’s what real cool kids do, yo.
But cool kids do take their meds as instructed. 😎 Only dweebs don't follow doctor instructions!

Rooting for Roxie and Steel! Our poor rock/ground types. 🥺 Let's hope Steel's spirit of thankfulness persists after the Gracidea Flower. :fingerscrossed:

W9IbQ04.jpg
W9IbQ04.jpg

I went ahead and armed everyone with held items, since apparently gym leaders have those now along with competitive natures and EVs.
Wait, what!? 0_o Yikes, BDSP, shouldn't this be something in, like, a hard mode?

Ooh, no STAB on Bella. Interesting choice. 🤔

9MLvoq6.jpg
9MLvoq6.jpg

That’s right, Bella. This is an important match now, girl. Gyarados hurt us all, but I didn’t realize until now how much they hurt you in particular. You, Mumble, and Spike were the OG three. My first three Pokemon in this crazy run, and I was so hoping you all would make it to the end together. But now, you’re the only one left. And all because of these miserable bastard sea monsters who have taken the lives of so many. So what do you say, Bella? Let’s show this thing what a Bibarel does when you mess with her friends.
o7

And she did with THREE Quick Claw procs!
bibarel_used_superpower__by_chari_artist_dd9sd2t-fullview.png

As for Brine, it's a TM with very limited compatibility for some reason. Like, it's not an exceptionally powerful move, so why so stingy, GameFreak?

6EnBt1v.jpg
6EnBt1v.jpg

Aaaaand this was my only non-dupes encounter…and it ran away after I threw one ball. The only ball I threw my whole time in the Great Marsh. And it’s extra weird because I didn’t see a single Carnivine but Skorupi did not show up in the binoculars and isn’t on the regular encounter tables. Either way, Sinnoh is really doing me dirty with encounters.
✨ Great Marsh Moment ✨

Spook tried to learn Night Shade, but I actually declined the move. It would give him another extra day, but he’s already gained so many that I think it’s safe to assume he’s going to live for the rest of the game.
*looks at the Pokemon having serious illness* Take notes, guys.

Gtw4HfK.jpg
Gtw4HfK.jpg

And so we arrived at Veilstone and I saved my game…and I couldn’t help but to notice how odd and unique my team is right now. Definitely not your typical Sinnoh team, despite my many missed encounters. I love it. All hail the Tinderbox (yes I am still sticking with that name even though we now only have one Pokemon who is actually tinder).
That's the power of a Specs ruleset. 😍 Never mind two, plus RubyClaw's amazing lorelocke ruleset.

Roxie-ROXIE IS COMPLETELY HEALED!!!!!!! No meds required!
:D

Steel- Did not eat but drank all liquids. Fever unchanged. Sepsis does not heal, he does not die or go into septic shock, but he does develop a blood clot and now has to be in blood thinners. given 4 oz Betadine (had to refill), 4 tablets cephalexin, 3 mL vasopressin,2 mL vancomycin, and 3 Warfarin.
D:

Roxie has had such a journey. Watch out, Sinnoh, you can't keep this girl down! :strongth:

It’s $100 just to walk in the door
Oh no, Sinnoh has the American healthcare system... 😭

OP
Spectacles

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
@Trollkitten - I never thought I would be hearing people celebrate Roxie's healing! Hopefully we can say the same thing about Ace too!

@SimplyUnknown - I'm glad you're enjoying the recoveries; it's the most rewarding part of this ruleset! Fingers crossed for Steel... And omg I love that description of Spook. he has become such a cool little character. I also love your explanation for my screw up lol I like Bella overcoming her nature for the Gyarados fight. Much better than me just losing track of my rules! The way I've played, I've never given advantages to the prognosis rules while they're at another hospital but the hospital does take care of their medication.

@LittleMercury - Yeah Arceus is definitely better with diversity. I just think I set myself up for this slight disppointment because I stupidly didn't think they would be using mostly the Sinnoh dex. Plus it doesn't help that I'm playing it right after playing another Sinnoh game. Nobody hurts the team without paying the Bella pain tax! Glad to know I'm not the only one confused by Brine. Also I love envisioning Beethoven's music over our Beethoven's healing. Thanks for the Roxie love and for the concern over our Steel and Ace.

@RubyClaw - We are thriving despite adversity! Yeah can't believe how much more difficult it is with competitive level stats and items. It does make for a good fresh challenge though. Hey even Timid I'm sure it's a beast! Cannot believe how early they learn Waterfall through level up.

@RisingMew - Yeah gameplay is definitely taking a back seat to everything else we have going on hahah! I will say I was also surprised how long it ook Bella and Rosie to heal. I'm glad you're stoked about Roxie; I'm really looking forward to getting her battle-ready :) Yeah Steel and Ace are my biggest problem children. I'm glad you're curious because we'll be doing his surgery at the big clinic first this update!

@bhelryss - So glad we're getting to celebrate Roxie!! Huh, that's a good thought about Jubilife's location (and you're right, I can totally picture Hearthome having a children's hospital). As for the above question, the bigger hospitals don'g give better rolls but they do take care of the medications while they are there.

@ACottontail -I must admit, for all the complaining I've done about the lack of Sinnoh diversity, I do have a really unique team here. And trust me, Roxie shocked me just as much!

@Bowser's Family Vacation - It's cool to follow medical advice! Excellent picture of Bella, I need to know her workout routine. Everyone could learn something from Spook's perseverence. One thing these rulesets are good for besides pain is using Pokemon you wouldn't normally use! Sinnoh better get ready for Roxie! And yep, this was definitely inspired by American healthcare ~~~

Alrighty, folks. It’s time to glove up. Because last time, we ran into some major trouble with our med pass. And that trouble’s name is Ace.

Last time, we came to the conclusion that Ace needs surgery for a lung abscess. And in order to do that, we are going to have to take him to a bigger and better hospital. In this region, we will call said hospital the Jubilife City Clinic. There, Ace will get all the care he needs until he is stable enough to return to us…for a price, of course. A big price.

For establishments like the Saffron City and Jubilife City clinics, I draw upon my experience with emergency veterinary hospitals. And when your pet needs care at an emergency clinic, it’s very expensive. There is an emergency fee just to walk in the door, and then all the treatment your pet needs done is also astronomical.

For Ace, it’s going to cost us $100 before we even start the surgery.

Also, before we start the surgery, we need to determine which lung and which lobe the abscess is on. RNG says it’s on the posterior left lobe. There are only two lobes on the left lung, so he better not get another abscess on that side or we’re gonna have even more problems.

And now for the surgery itself. A lobectomy has about a 3% mortality rate. However, Ace has a lot more going on than the average person. So his mortality rate is going to bump up to 8%. Surgeries last for a certain number of “turns”, where each turn we roll the RNG to determine if the surgery ends or if anything bad happens. So, for each turn the surgery goes on for, Ace has an 8% chance of dying. He also has a 15% chance of having a seizure. For this surgery, it will last for a minimum of 1 turn. After the first turn, there is a 1 in 3 chance of the surgery ending successfully. It will cost us $100 for each turn the surgery goes on for.

So here’s how the RNG rolls work: first turn, we do not roll to end the surgery but we roll 1-100 to determine if he dies or has a seizure. Then, on every turn after that, we start with our 1-3 chance of ending the surgery. If the surgery continues, we roll for chance of death or seizure.

*At this point in my evening, Shades asked me to do him a favor and I frantically told him that my Buizel was about to get a complete Lobectomy for a lung abscess so it would have to wait until later. He informed me that he will never understand the things I do for fun but he wished me the best of luck anyway. Bless him.*

And without further ado, we shall begin the surgery:
Turn 1: stable
Turn 2: stable
Turn 3: end!

…Nice! That actually went quite well! So the surgery itself will cost us $300. But Ace is not out of the woods yet. He can’t return to the Lucky Dog Clinic until he is stable enough. He has to stay at the Jubilife Clinic for a minimum of one night, and after that he will have a 25% chance of being able to return home which increases by an additional 20% per day. Each day he has to stay at the Jubilife clinic will cost us $150.

So, for the base fee, the surgery, and his first night’s stay, Ace cost us a total of $550.

Honestly, if I didn’t have a nice little savings built up from the past two gyms, I might have had no choice but to put Ace down. And I’m still afraid I might have to make that choice if he ends up needing another surgery.

When Ace does come back, he is going to need to be put on heavy duty pain meds to recover from the procedure. Then, each day, he is going to have a 15% chance of complications from the surgery until he is done with the pain meds (decreases by 1% each day). We will also need to continue to roll for his prognoses while he is in the hospital, but the hospital will take care of his meds for the time being.

SO YEAH. That’s where we’re at.

And here is the recap of everyone’s medical charts, aka the Hot Mess Parade:

Verity Lakefront

pJ35wZiiHp4CNUhJUIIP87OFQTmivgeTCvhzUUc7FeGC34jvQPeWppcUUxW3Z6z-do5_4fLF8m8X6niSCBd9Rd4LJRig_08C5HpqyHV_nOp7tey_A9j2euPejl-QOLaVusVteaYSh91JpQkahA

Name: Bella
Species: Bibarel
Sex: female
Nature: Careful; Bravery points: 25
Characteristic: likes to run
Ability: Unaware
Lore Rule: Descendent of Wishpoosh
Diagnosis: Broken toe on back right leg
Prognosis: 5% chance of healing increases by 10% per day. (now 70%)
Limitations: Without toe offloading boot, every physical move used would subtract 1% chance of healing per day. Shoe puts her slightly off balance, 5% chance of physical moves failing her first 3 days on the shoe (0/3 days left).
Treatment: Toe offloading boot and Ibuprofen for pain- ¼ 2 tablet.

Rt 202:

cicuPKoGJQ-xgIUxEaoUjijAgTadPCN2cvX6I76hiqKevQTELsxtDFiBqTxG7FDoD1sFAZJQztjh1uwoYMkcTzMruioYUEEEtS6KWVqjY6WbtPrG9OGbWc28HVHu9fn1-N6nT275C0NipoCuRQ

Name: Winn Dixie
Species: Kricketune
Sex:male
Nature: Lonely; Comradery points: +2 Rosie, +1 Bella, Mumble, Brutus
Characteristic: highly curious
Ability: Shed Skin
Lore Rule: Living Violin
Diagnosis: Healthy
Prognosis:
Limitations:
Treatment:

Rt 204:

10rKkUcJ8vMCYCt7URjDeec_6WG6l-hbQmSu7UIYXaAsrPexmVANLOzsbyIk54r3dax3oixpaJI-u-VcmCt2PjZ5-hKz2VinoWJw9rfT3lIdD1OT7zRrF9FGSCJes9UYGbKFIpRe0Rl6EL8eWw

Name: Rosie
Species: Budew
Nature: Serious; Leadership points: 0
Characteristic: takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Natural cure
Lore Rule: Thrown Bouquet
Diagnosis: Second degree burn to L leg
Prognosis: After one day, 5% chance of healing increases by 5% per day. Increases to 10% with cream (now 60%+5 for meadow=66)
Limitations: Moves that require movement have a 50% chance of causing too much pain to work. Decreases to 25% after 3 days of treatment (0/3 days left). This includes Growth in Rosie’s case. Infection risk if wound becomes dirty
Treatment: 1 gram fertilized Silver sulfadiazine cream

Oreburgh Gate:

-G0x-SwOBY9b1QRQqeOGX73MrhYJwNXnAaytNt3ALk9nn_uTZEuolO2Drvnsbfx73F43hkQ1wFGY8hjNzxSpsAoMT3ShC2eJDaApzDDFms39lbCXNS_uHbJNzJSC56vnPOX8NMamzZ0Uo5Z7qA

Name: Roxie
Species: Geodude
Nature: Impish; wisdom points: 0
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Ability: Rock Head
Lore Rule: The Golem of Prague
Diagnosis: Severe erosion of the forehead and eyes, total blindness, mild common cold, partial hearing loss 2/2 erosion
Prognosis: Without treatment, there is a 40% chance of worsening/spreading, 55% stay the same, and 5% improve. With treatment, 25% worsen, 45% stay the same, 30% improve. For each day there is no change, the chances of improving increase by 5% (now 25% worsen, 40% stay the same, 35% improve). Now with cold worsening 30% worsen, 35% stay the same, 35% improve

Erosion worsens and spreads toward the ear holes. If worsens in this direction one more time, will affect the ears. Switch to hyper minerote: 20% worsen, 35% stay the same, 45% improve(with meadow) (now 20% worsen, 25% stay the same, and 55% improve): Improved! When improving, let’s say the hardening of the skin can happen in the same 3 directions as worsening, and once that part hardens it’s safe from spreading unless it starts to worsen again. RNG says it hardened on the downward sides toward the mouth. Now hardened on both sides toward the ears!

Erosion can spread in three different directions:

1. Downward toward the mouth.
  2. Across the surface and to the sides, toward where the Geodude’s ear holes would be (yes, we are assuming Geodude have ear holes)
  3. Most dangerously, the erosion could start to spread deeper into the Geodude’s head, affecting the brain.
Cold- Without treatment, 15% improvement, 70% stay the same, 15% worsen and for each day with no change both extremes increase by 5%. With treatment, 25% improve, 70% stay the same, and 5% worsen with chances of improvement increasing by 5% each day. Rolled a 97- cold worsened. Now has 20% improve, 65% stay the same, 15% develop pneumonia. 5% improving each day unchanged (now after improving 55% improve, 35% stay the same, 10% worsen). Cold improved! One more time and it will be healed.
Limitations: With the Geodude’s softened hide in eroded areas, being struck by an offensive move can cause fatal damage. Battling not recommended without protection. Being struck by water or other liquids will significantly worsen erosion.

Moves that require aim have a 90% chance of missing. For each successful hit using another sense, -1% when using that sense (hearing can now only increase by 50% total after losing L ear). Can train other senses (hearing, smell, touch) to compensate. Pokemon tend to have a dominant sense they rely on more when they lose one of their senses- in a Geodude’s case, I think it would be 20% smell, 20% hearing, and 60% touch- Roxy’s is touch. This means that she can learn to detect the enemy’s presence through their vibrations when they touch the ground.

For every battle participated in while sick, the chances of healing go down and the chances of worsening go up.
Treatment: 2 doses of Super or Hyper Minerote ($6 or $12). 1 tylenol.

Oreburgh Mines

JClgnyGIcAGWX0VCzldmakXScPoEe_-2boZ2S7XxE7BlvjavYXp3Uzt7hYpXhWKMxF0FW2Xth5tcKRWETGQK3FWCj2Sdny3yIMq-C2TPqqpixcZ59uCM3au41LXxvR3GhyIuW8eG692US099QA

Name: Steel
Species: Onix
Sex: male
Nature: Naughty, Respect points: 0
Characteristic: often lost in thought
Ability: rock head
Lore Rule: Mongolian Death Worm
Diagnosis: Severe infectious stomatitis/mouth rot
Prognosis: Gracidea Flower for 0/3 more days

With treatment, 10% (now 30%) each day of infection worsening (can spread to other areas, cause fever, cause sepsis)- infection has spread. Next time worsens will cause sepsis. Stop rolling for infection until sepsis is resolved. 5% infection healing increases by 5% each day (now 10%)-can’t heal until fever is gone. Wounds cannot heal until infection is gone. Infection worsens, canceled 5% healing. Developed fever. Since the fever is just starting, start at 2 degrees higher (now 2). Fever is likely to increase initially until it stabilizes and breaks. Now 50% increase, 25% stay the same, 25% improve (+5 meadow) -5% for not drinking one meal). If Steel refuses to drink water, chances of worsening increase by 10% and improve decreases by 10%. Fever is starting to break! Now 5% increase, 35% stay the same, and 60% decrease) with odds of decreasing increasing by 5% each day of no change.

Sepsis- starts at stage 1 (5% chance of death and 5% chance of blood clots each day and 20% chance of worsening that increases by 5% as temperature rises from fever*Gracidea- 1% chance of death, 1% blood clots, 10% worsening). 20% chance of resolving that increases by 5% each day with an additional 5% as temperature drops- 35%+5%=40% meadow plus 2 temp drop). If worsens, goes to stage 2 and increases chance of death. At stage 3, septic shock occurs which has a 50% death chance. Even with Gracidea Flower, sepsis progressed to Stage 2. Without flower, 20% chance of death, 20% chance of blood clots, and 20% worsening to septic shock.

Developed blood clot. 10% each day of blood clot moving, 2% of clot growing. 5% chance dissolving increases by 5% each day (+5% for meadow). Needs Warfarin.

Each time when caring for Onix, there is a 15% chance of dropping and wasting the medication and having to attempt again and a 15% chance of the Onix attacking you (decrease to 10% now with poor condition, now will not be difficult with Stage 2 sepsis). If the Onix attacks and you choose to have a Pokemon there to protect you, that Pokemon can be injured in the process (variable depending on the Pokemon) and the Onix may still get to you (50% if the Pokemon is injured). The trainer can then be either mildly injured or severely injured.

60% chance of not eating. If Onix doesn’t eat for a whole day, already at risk of complications for malnutrition since he is a baby (did not eat for one day, loses 4% each time this happens- now at 96% with complications arising if below 90). If you try to feed him, roll for a potential trainer attack. Onix is 83.34 lbs. When giving fluids, since Steel is always difficult, he will only get a certain percent of the fluids on each attempt. For each attempt, 15% he attacks you and 15% he breaks the bag and spills the remaining fluids. If he gets 801 mLs and up, no penalty. 0-200 4% penalty, 201-400 3% penalty, 401-600, 2% penalty, 601-800 1% penalty.
Limitations: No biting moves. If enemy attacks hit mouth, 75% chance of worsening wounds and/or infection.
Treatment: Betadine ($16 for 16 ounces) applied to sores 4 oz , Cephalexin $15 for 20 (4 tablets). If too much weight is lost, may have to have high calorie food or a feeding tube put in.

Roark’s Onix is here for 0/2 more days

Now needs a vasopressor for decreased blood pressure 2/2 sepsis. Vasopressin $60 for 25 mL (3 mL per day). Also need small Rock Hide Needles ($20 for 50) Fluid intake is even more important so will need IV fluids if he does not drink even one meal during the day. Need a special kind of needle for rock pokemon. 50 mL liquids per KG per day. 83 lbs = 37 kg. So he needs 1850 mLs per day, so 925 per meal. Lactated ringers is $10 for 1000 mL bag. $20 per pack of 20 large Rock Hide Needles. Also addition of more antibiotics vancomycin for $45 for 10 mL (2 mL per day)

Warfarin for blood clot- 3 tablets per day. ($12 for 15)

Ravaged Path

dpW1U9awnGu_I9HhWWtkitBWAt9NeVskcO4Z4Ekr8c23xvQqBchZ4nQW6r7gfUCoyIRlxcilyb3OPYFDK2WWLuRNw0Gvrzv7203oKrrxeFhGnJRJ33cDM9JopyEF-7ZuFiqS4MUPja87AHpNBg

Name: Luna
Species: Zubat
Nature: Lonely, Comradery points: 0
Ability: inner focus
Lore Rule: Burned by the Light
Diagnosis: Rabies with mild bite wound
Prognosis: Rabies symptoms appear 5 days after exposure. How long ago was Luna’s exposure? Only one day ago- good. The sooner we catch it, the more likely the treatment is to work. After 5 days, with full treatment, there is a 10% chance that Luna is infected with rabies which decreases by 2% each day until there is no more risk. (0/5 days left, now 2%). If Luna does get rabies, she will have to be euthanized and she has a danger of attacking any clinic mons in the same room as her and also infecting them.

Bite wound- since it’s mild, only needs neosporin. 10% chance of healing increases by 10% each day (now at 30%). 5% chance of infection because of the nature of the bite. Healed!

Toxoplasmosis: Toxoplasmosis- with treatment, 5% chance of worsening, 75% stay the same, 20% improving. Improving increases by 15% each day with no change.

5% chance each day of spreading rabies to a nearby teammate if she does end up having rabies.
Limitations: Really shouldn’t be used in battle until confirmed that there is no rabies. If you do decide to battle with her, roll her chances of having rabies before starting the battle rather than at the start of the next day. Absolutely no biting moves until confirmed no rabies

Increased chance of infection if wound gets dirty.
Treatment: Rabies vaccine given on day of exposure, then again at 2 days, then 5 days, then 7. 0.5 mLs neosporin on wound twice per day. Next shot due on Day 9. 1 clindamycin

Gift

2D2LIlqqM_i1123fBU4MKTzI1MGXoe3p918N_IIp2Tbz0YD9ohNe1A7koXbNOPXuITyHvSKCZELhuzEY708lfOs-pnRAtZ2tYKabuJbJ0mv2ktU-oXoSxN2rCxrCjE5D7llVXOSZD5keLirt5w

Name: Woof
Species: Mew
Sex: neutral
Nature: Gentle, Assertiveness points: 20 (no mercy for Jupiter or Skuntank)
Ability: synchronize
Lore Rule: One with All
Diagnosis: mild asthma
Prognosis: 5% chance each day of having an asthma attack, 5% each day of developing worse asthma
Limitations: With treatment, 1% chance each turn of having an attack. If an attack occurs, Mew must be switched out and cannot participate until the battle is over.
Treatment: Short term rescue inhaler needed in case of attacks. Can be used to prevent attacks for 4-6 hours or to stop an attack. If worsens, daily meds may be necessary.

Gift

AKRPE6cNMy3j2eG19EBPyIra5djctud4-sN5eyKaBLyU_LLmqGAEvyvD8YvKWwnqzFbATW0AS9D6JmdPGzFtD7m80Wdj647u9-EhuxCdB0WHQyj5OYN3nIpe8oRfvKfbL4lD5U_zOvAAPbHpHg

Name: Lucky
Species: Jirachi
Nature: Hardy
Ability: serene grace
Lore Rule: Jinn / Genie (trapped)
Diagnosis: Mild auditory sensitivity 2/2 autism and mild anxiety
Prognosis: Auditory sensitivity improves with treatment. Anxiety has a 5% chance of worsening each day. 5% chance each day of having an anxiety attack. Anxiety worsened: now 10% chance of worsening further and 10% chance of improving on its own. 10% chance of anxiety attacks after worsening. Will need meds if worsens again.
Limitations: If hit by a sound-based move, Jirachi must leave the battle and needs a 5-turn recovery period before being able to return to battle (now 70% chance of needing to switch and 4 turns out with headphones). 50% chance of triggering an anxiety attack when hit by a sound-based move (now 60% chance with worsening anxiety). If an anxiety attack occurs, Jirachi will be unfocused for the next 2-4 hours and has a 50% chance of using a random move instead of the selected move in battle.
Treatment: Noise canceling headphones gives a 75% chance instead of 100% of needing to switch out ($40). Also reduces recovery period to 4 turns. Every time Jirachi has to switch out and is able to switch back in after the recovery period, add 5% likelihood toward not needing to switch out. For every 25% earned this way, reduce the number of recovery turns needed.

If anxiety worsens, may need to consider medication

Valley Windworks

3VQXOsAVfRoZ3yNvGeJ5xeP0NrEW9btg5tOrkLQ93e02py7x0HtzNzWbpJQAHrZAtjA66Lp3CRTqrE330W8QQaeui8hAe3ICpWldiIwnnqiF7h_H_2K1KWw2IHo8lo7irUN_Wgxqe4dkbu1OnA

Name: Ace
Species: Buizel
Nature: Adamant- Aqua Tail, Strength
Ability: swift swim
Lore Rule:Bad Omen
Diagnosis: Severe toxoplasmosis
Prognosis: Toxoplasmosis can only heal when all three of its symptoms are fully healed.

Fever- a fever is classified as anything between 2-10 degrees higher than normal. Once you hit 5.5 degrees higher than norm, you are at risk for seizures. Since this is severe, we’ll randomize between 4-6 to see where our fever is starting. RNG says 6 (now at 6.0, decreasing again). If fully hydrated, fever has a 20% chance of decreasing, 65% stay the same, and 15% increasing (now 20% decrease, 55% stay the same, 25% increase). Fever breaking- (40% decrease, 50% stay the same, 10% increase; each day of no chance add 5% chance decrease, now 45% decrease, 45% stay the same, 10% increase) Each increase or decrease is by 0.5 degrees. Each day with no change increases both extremes by 5%. Each day increasing increases worsening and decreases no change by 5%. Decrease indicates fever starting to break. 15% chance of seizures. Absense, tonic, tonic-clonic (⅓ each). Tonic-clonic has 15% chance of brain damage and 5% chance of death. Buizel may refuse to eat and drink- if refusing to drink, needs subcutaneous fluids. 40% chance of not eating and/or drinking. Eating won’t present a problem unless he doesn’t eat for several days in a row.

Pneumonia- Since he is a baby, he is more heavily affected by pneumonia. With medication, 10% improve per day which increases by 5% each day on meds (now 25%). 20% chance each day of worsening. If it worsens, Buizel is at risk for the following conditions: respiratory failure requiring a ventilator, sepsis which causes the infection to spread, or lung abscesses which require surgery to correct. May also need supplemental oxygen. Pneumonia worsened, now needs Oxygen and penicillin. 15% improve increase by 5% each day (now 30%), 20% worsen. If worsens again will develop one of the above symptoms.

Developed lung abscess- will need surgery.

Eye infection- will heal as condition heals. If other conditions worsen, the eye infection will worsen. If worsens, can cause blindness and infection may spread- if spreads to brain, increase likelihood of seizures. For each improvement made without anything worsening, 5% chance of eye infection healing (now 5%). Infection worsened after being hit with Mud Slap, if eye infection/general condition worsens again, infection may travel to brain or become septic.

For each warm-blooded Pokemon he is in contact with, there is a 25% chance of the toxoplasmosis spreading to them.

Lobectomy: 15% chance each day of complications post surgery until off pain meds (decreased by 1% each day). Complications can include infection, collapsed lung (may require needle aspiration or chest tube pr surgery), bleeding (if worsens may result in collapsed lung that requires chest tube or another surgery), pleural effusion (needs more meds)

Limitations: If participate in battle for more than 3 turns per battle, increase chances of worsening by 2% per extra turn. Moves like smokescreen can cause worsening pneumonia. If eyes become dirty in battle, increased risk of worsening.
Treatment: Antibiotics and corticosteroids for the illness itself and pneumonia. Clindamycin 1 tablets and prednisone 1 tablet . Ibuprofen 1 tablet and Subcutaneous fluids if needed for fever(65 lbs=30 Kgs, x50 mL per kg is 1500 per day. After pneumonia worsens, oxygen via nasal cannula via concentrator and penicillin 1 mL ($50 for 10)

Lobectomy: Needs heavy pain meds (Percocet- $57 for 60) 1 per day for 3 days and then ibuprofen 1 per day for 4 days. 15% chance each day of complications post surgery until off pain meds. Complications can include infection, collapsed lung (may require needle aspiration or chest tube pr surgery), bleeding (if worsens may result in collapsed lung that requires chest tube or another surgery), pleural effusion (needs more meds)

*hospital will medicate while he is there, still roll for prognosis

Floaroma Meadow

_Vc-W2Qf_1fT8ZSSLuAMX5xmdgqNWZgzVb0JbbtL75tHQkzxb1GozFKlimYvSyB7xj_I143BKBAEC__uFUahaiv1W6562BYVvtle0woDczCEO9soo4Vqvjg8n4lTWHzi0-dxg19F38KGiHRO5Q

Name: Bo
Species: Beautifly
Nature: naive, Wisdom points: 0
Characteristic: strong willed
Ability: shed skin
Lore Rule: A living soul
Diagnosis: Moderate chrysalis malformation and moderate wound with large piece of flesh missing- wound caused wound on future Beautifly’s R front leg
Prognosis: While hatching, there is a 30% chance of needing assistance. Upon hatching, there is a 50% chance of defects if assistance was needed to hatch and 25% chance if not. Each day spent in the cocoon increases these odds. Since I intend to evolve him right away, I won’t do a prognosis for the flesh wound. Prognosis for Beautifly’s leg wound will be determined on evolving.

Hatched: did not need assistance and has no additional defects on hatching.

Wound on R front leg: moderate or mild? Moderate. Let’s say he will need stitches involving sedation and then neosporin. Use same as cats. Beautifly is 63 pounds! After 1 day (0/1 days left), 5% chance of healing increases by 5% each day (now 40%). 2% infection risk per day with neosporin.
Limitations: Being struck in battle will worsen both conditions. Further limitations to be determined on evolving.

Infection risk
Treatment: Evolve as soon as possible. Additional treatment may be needed on evolving. Sutures and sedation. 1 mL neosporin.

Rt 211:

sRwF7vGxtl06E_Q5o2GN-dy5dStgHW2HBKv2q9fVhFpvhibLmQ0xmkIBzWjkM_o6bYxpXjHj04MwbY1s5_hdNjkHQYBiXyPIHgunxmFf4hmsRxrdKvxrJ_T_X_Sz9P72RgQQzzb4Za5orNQQjg

Name: Macy
Species: Meditite
Nature: Mild; Leadership points: 0
Characteristic: somewhat stubborn
Ability: pure power
Lore Rule: Chosen of Ardhanarishvara
Diagnosis: 4 mild cut injuries (Body-back, Right forearm, forehead, left upper arm) from being ambushed by harpies at night

Mild phobia of darkness

Prognosis: Each cut has 10% chance of healing increasing by 10% each day with treatment (now 40%), 2% chance of infection each cut with treatment (L upper arm wound healed, then R forearm and forehead cuts healed)
Limitations: Infection risk until cuts are healed

50% chance of refusing to participate in battles when it is dark (now 0%). Can reroll once per turn until she is able to be sent out.

Treatment: 1 mL of neosporin ; for every KO she makes in darkness, -1% of refusing to battle. -15% for evolving

Mt Coronet:

iK50YyYtkn53Tqp06rZoWJdcyo72BswQO2OzPVCYeOzt55YQ1NIJfhEeQqbSY0OW7cZeQoylccfRrgvrhXwbpYqRZMOu7Jx7tLEtlB6GQS2cdWSyrE0NQlFWMqlWUslGlP24reBqUxPRLVYQgQ

Name: Nelly
Species: Chimecho
Nature: Careful; Bravery points: 25
Ability: levitate
Lore Rule: Tsukumogami
Diagnosis: Mild separation anxiety
Prognosis: When away from trainer, 50% chance of having an anxiety attack. Decrease odds by 5% for each day without an anxiety attack when away from trainer until the condition is completely resolved. If an anxiety attack occurs, 5% chance of her condition worsening. More severe separation anxiety may result in destructive behavior or self injurious behavior.
Limitations: At risk of anxiety attacks when off the team. If an anxiety attack occurs, 50% chance of using a random move in battle for 2-6 hours.
Treatment: Improves each day spent apart without an anxiety attack. May need to consider medication if condition worsens.

Old Chateau:

d8PfQo0WwwcYYiS8zX6GKH5PH7BMSN63huxAy5pwFQwaSIaVTQGekQmi8wpPZ1xYievQncnMc4zGzY_Wy49tp9YRVpZgKdXRf-90KYvHMlfscQaN0G_11mWzd-LlJ59XsAzZTQeczTPgNnIs7A

Name: Spook
Species: Gengar
Nature: Lonely; Comradery points: (3 Macy, 2 Brutus,2 Nelly, 1 Lucky, 1 Woof, 1 Beethoven, 1 Bella)
Characteristic: nods off a lot
Lore Rule: Kitsunebi (Fox Fire)
Diagnosis: This Pokemon is at the end of its lifespan as a ghost and will pass on to the next world in a certain amount of days (1-13)
Prognosis: 32/34 days left (3/6 for Spooky Plate)
Limitations: if the Pokemon is hit by 13 super effective moves, it will die instantly (currently at 1)
Treatment: Having it hold a ghostly item (such as a Spell Tag or Spooky Plate) doubles the lifespan. Visiting a haunted area adds 3 days. When one of your Pokemon die, add 3 days. Being near a Psychic type Pokemon (on the team at the same time or in the same boxed area) adds 2 days. When his level reaches a multiple of 13, add 2 days. When he learns a new ghost, psychic, or dark move, add 1 day. Add 3 days for evolving. Certain trainers (such as ghost gym leaders) may be able to assist with prolonging the process.

Canalave Underground (Spacious Cavern):

2CPRBMVpXKXKZyrdW6Gmo3uw1noO48nKi_eoskyrj4coZ2aDNm10iEzWy8PkvOUs7WyZPAelNQ7Gr2ocaW8pY3ipODP9X2FGN6XU0WyOluvy0dzr4XfXRGAnzdTYE-kLW0WQtax8dA1T-XM9Yg

Name: Beethoven
Species: Lickilicky
Nature: Hasty; Wisdom points: 4
Characteristic: proud of its power
Ability: own tempo
Lore Rule: Sticky Tongue
Diagnosis: mild acute moist dermatitis/hotspot on head
Prognosis: With treatment, 5% chance of healing increasing by 5% each day (now 25%). 2% chance each day of becoming infected or spreading. 5% chance each day of the Pokemon itching the spot and causing it to either break open or spread. If it breaks open, start the healing process over from the beginning.
Limitations: infection risk
Treatment: Chlorhexidine solution applied to area 1 oz per day ($16 for 16 oz). If the condition worsens, may need to consider special shampoo and/or antibiotics.

Fossil:

OBDsDmy_Gqnx_J0AYX_4pFrvsVOs7N7md2HAbwSyQWpYDNHiP0MBX-x-d8XR70VYrQOJc7_wS01F_otxkJFSikT6FNTRUV2kCXq30fzzxM7CzGlw2u3gm2BP5Gr_hcxihuhmROsv2LyZ-0LBNw

Name: Rex
Species: Rampardos
Nature: Sassy; Respect points: 67
Characteristic: alert to sounds
Ability: mold breaker
Lore Rule: Dragon Ancestry
Diagnosis: Mild Pyrite Disease on belly
Prognosis: With treatment, 5% each day of crystals spreading and possibly causing further complications. With each day without spreading, these odds decrease by 1% until zero, where the impairment is resolved (now 1%).
Limitations: There is a permanent crack where the crystals were removed. If hit by a water move, he is at risk for erosion.
Treatment: Removal of crystals- this will require sedation and a chisel for his rock skin. Cranidos is 69 lbs Using our calculation for sedation, he will need 7 units. It’s $15 for a good stone chisel.

Poly Vinyl Acetate Solution. The solution is $14 for 8 oz. (1 oz per day)

50% chance of being difficult for care. If difficult, 15% chance of losing the medication and 15% chance of being attacked.

Rt 206:

JsH3pm6-tSaubHDciljsRaRj82se-mktvSWY7LOojVM-vCFcHDR-ju6MiX1N7kn6quTfKK6w9FcM5r273XgrZ0Vrps4ByrFMBWoprzYKIuVG4pJWEKGgu4CqQGA-rrGlhJ7YUr2fhAbjkWoLhQ

Name: Ginger
Species: Ponyta
Nature: Bashful; Confidence points: 2
Ability: Run Away
Lore Rule: Unicorn Ancestry
Diagnosis: Moderate Frostblood Coma and frostbite on all limbs
Prognosis: *meadow*Ponyta will wake up from her coma after she comes up to stage 2 hypothermia. Stage 3 hypothermia is anywhere between 17-24 degrees below average internal body temperature (RNG says Ponyta is at 20). So once she increases to 16 degrees below, she will wake from the coma. With full treatment, increase by 1.5 degrees per day (now at 14 degrees below).

In order for Ponyta to be able to use her Fire moves again, her internal fire will have to reignite. For each degree her body temperature increased under our care, she has a 1% chance of having her fire reignite every time she tries to use a Fire move (now 6%).

With treatment, frostbite has a 5% chance of healing increasing by 5% each day for each leg (now 25%)-back left leg healed, front left leg healed, front R leg healed. 3% infection risk.

Once woken from coma, breathing difficulties have a 10% chance of resolving increasing by 10% each day (now 30%).
Limitations: Unable to battle until woken from coma. Unable to use fire moves until internal fire ignites. Physical moves have a 95% chance of failing which decreases by 1% for every degree risen until back to normal and then by 1% for every physical move used successfully (now 60% fail rate). Also increases by 25% when internal fire is reignited. Fire moves also follow this percentage once fire is reignited (36% success rate). Infection risk until frostbite heals.
Treatment: hot packs ($12- will need two for one to heat while the other is in use) and space heater ($75) will increase the rate of temperature rising. Just being indoors increases internal temp by 0.5 degrees per day. Hot packs and space heater increase by additional 1 degree per day (0.5 each).

Oxygen via nasal cannula until her breathing improves (good thing we got that concentrator!). Except lol nope, Ace is using it now. So we now need either another one or an oxygen tank. Except maybe not- one tank is $83 and it only lasts 8 hours before it has to be refilled-which costs $5, so we would need at least two tanks and then $15 per day to maintain them. I can also rent another concentrator for $40 per day. After some quick mental math, I do think it would be better to bite the bullet and get the tanks.

IV fluids until awake from coma. Ponyta weighs 66 lbs. 50 mL liquids per KG per day. 66 lbs is about 30 kgs, so she will need 1500 mLs per day.

Normally an NG tube would be used to provide nutrition for someone in a coma, but they are at least $1000 to put in and also cost a lot for the feedings themselves. Before buying her other treatments, we have $847.02. That would have to be a grant. However, given her current prognosis, she is only going to be in the coma for 3 days. Since baby Pokemon are especially vulnerable to malnutrition, let’s say she’ll lose 4% for every day she doesn’t eat. After 3 days, this will only put her in the mild malnourishment category, so we will be able to treat her with high calorie food when she wakes up (although it will have to be a different kind than what Blue is getting and will probably be more expensive). Now at 92% ideal body weight. Woken up- $20 to feed her high calorie food per day- gains 2% back per day (now 96%)

Aloe Vera cream for frostbite $24 for 16 oz; 1 oz (one per leg per day)

Rt 208:

Qk_Fm2-qveIRXIIb7_2DSxMS1JbI08fnrNMc5ya4_JqtIQA5bEs6pXAtryKToz1dj7i3tCskTZJB9e6fNswnhAiwa2mMZRckOTk_EEjTE_segE82M-kI9dp6iFFcEH4UWPzIp_Td8XwptfhqSg

Name: Ollie
Species: Psyduck
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Cloud nine
Lore Rule: The Legend of the Golden Duck
Diagnosis: Moderate open comminuted left ankle fracture
Prognosis: *hot springs*Now toe touch- 5% chance of fracture improving increasing by 10% each day (now 5%). When improving, weight bearing status is upgraded (toe touch, partial, and then full) and then the improvement process starts over until full weight bearing is achieved. 5% chance each day of accidentally putting weight on foot. If this occurs, chances of improvement do not increase that day and there is a 50% chance of worsening the condition.

Wound has a 10% chance of healing increasing by 10% each day (now 40%). 2% chance of infection with meds
Limitations: Battling is not recommended until weight bearing status is upgraded- ideally waiting until full weight bearing. Physical moves have a 90% chance to fail when non-weight bearing, 75% for toe touch weight bearing, 50% for partial weight bearing, and 25% for full weight bearing. Will improve with successful hits. Each physical move used has a 5% chance of accidentally putting weight through injured foot.
Treatment: Crutches ($15) or walker ($35). 35% chance of being unable to figure out crutches and needing to use a walker-RNG says he is able to use crutches. Small ankle immobilizing boot ($30). Needs sedation for stitches and reduction of fracture (manually moving the bone to where it’s supposed to be in order to heal properly). Psyduck is 43 lbs.

1 ibuprofen and 1 mL neosporin

For every successful physical move, -1% chance of failure. Can choose to use special/status moves in a physical way in order to train this stat.

Valor Lakefront:

11JtsiK_syDtsTK1px1Hw14AaZZ0aXh3VWkdK4HeN_8N9Ih4FPRnkNP6kW1rMbp_koK8vYmuRn-XuW9aQ76ZrvjDxgJAszByjv1FTd7MhmAoRjpdr2dBnKaip809y82ZEQlz7Ba9XbClRHef3A

Name: Stella
Species: Girafarig
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: mischievous
Lore Rule: Chimera
Diagnosis: Moderate illness- Mental Permeability. This is when a psychic Pokemon is unable to block out hearing the thoughts of other Pokemon, which can cause headaches and for the Pokemon’s psychic moves to fail.
Prognosis: *hot springs*75% chance of headaches each day (70% with psychic support). 25% chance if she has a headache that that headache is a migraine (20% with psychic support). Certain conditions can increase or decrease her mental permeability.

Each day, the head on her tail has a 25% chance of being so agitated by the mental noise that it attacks herself or a nearby Pokemon (50/50 chance) and may cause injury (now 20% with psychic support).

Once she has a migraine, it may last for several days. 50% chance each day of resolving with migraine medications.

If she develops invasive thoughts, 10% chance each day of worsening and 25% chance of resolving increasing by 10% each day without attacking anyone.
Limitations: If hit by a dark or ghost move, roll immediately for a headache with odds of it turning into a Migraine increasing to 50%. If on the team with a dark or ghost type, odds of headache and migraine increase by 10%.

If she has a headache, can only stay out in battle for 5 turns at a time, needing a 2 turn rest break. With meds, changes to 7 turns with one turn rest.

If she has a migraine, with meds, 3 turns max in battle needing 3 turn rest breaks. If an enemy uses a move that is noisy or bright against her, cannot battle for the rest of the day.

If an enemy uses a dark or ghost move on her, 25% chance that it causes invasive thoughts that have a 50% chance of causing her to attack the trainer or nearby Pokemon.

While having a headache or migraine, 75% chance of psychic moves failing.
Treatment: Being hit by a Psychic move helps to fortify her mind- decreased chances of headaches and migraines by 5%, and decrease chances of tail head aggression by 5%. This only counts for one wild Pokemon battle and one psychic move per trained Pokemon.

Each day without any mental disturbance increases mental fortification by an additional 5%. Once chances of developing a headache goes down to 0, the condition is completely healed.

Being in the presence of another Psychic Pokemon increases mental fortification by 5%-Lucky and Woof.

In case of headache, 4 ibuprofen. Will need stronger meds if migraine occurs (Sumatriptan for $32 for 10 tablets) Wow why are migraine meds so expensive?! I’ll wait on buying those until she has a migraine).

May need antipsychotics if she experiences a mental disturbance and it becomes severe.

Rt 213:

5PDr-BDmFA_eU36y_NFGQ-HkNgfoB05KYew-L_pcYXLno6Xv4_uE59WKOEMpBNNSOAJ0guPIiB_UHx6p4C1Uv_IypAqLRCfeOttz2aQAR5JuKY7H7uC705T2W4O7rVfz6YArxrEBHusi8wrBeQ

Name: Percy
Species: Wingull
Ability: Keen eye
Lore Rule: Burden of the Albatross
Diagnosis: Moderate illness- Valley Fever
Prognosis: *hot springs*Since moderate, fever is 3 degrees higher than normal temp (now 2.0 degrees). Each increase and decrease is by 0.5 degrees. Fever has 50% increase, 35% stay the same, 25% improve. Each day with no change increases chance of improving by 5%. Once improving, fever odds change because fever is starting to break. Already improving! (10% chance increase, 40% stay the same, 50% decrease) At seizure risk if fever reaches 5.5 above. 10% chance of developing nausea.

With meds, cough has a 20% chance of healing increasing by 10% each day. Cough healed already!

Rash- 5% each day of scratching open rash. Rash has 10% chance of healing for each drop in temperature (now 20%).

Scratched at rash and now has small wound. 2% infection risk, needs neosporin. 10% heal increase by 10% per day

2% chance each day of developing meningitis
Limitations: Should not be in battle for more than 3 turns per battle 2/2 fatigue. Each turn spent in battle past the initial 3 causes a 2% increased chance of bad effects.
Treatment: fluconazole 1 tablet per day ($24 for 30). Cough syrup 1 oz per day ($6 for 12 oz). 1 ml Neosporin

Rt 212:

8TuNSXYwktiG0o3d1x5EGpDnC28cOoCFAxtBNxW5TCPMgU5PQNP_tKrIW8X9Y1Xw5U3Z25oX6r-wxMmS67VIxUKJAAoUC4CX_OjRfyGX3VVSWg1yZ6Lz4_U28e538xJO-8qzGvh7wc8iELmqWQ

Name: Cooper
Species: Quagsire
Characteristic: strongly defiant
Ability: water absorb
Lore Rule: Alp-Lauchra
Diagnosis: Mild illness: cat allergy
Prognosis: When an allergy attack occurs with direct contact from a feline, 1% chance of triggering anaphylactic shock
Limitations: If not on Benadryl When battling against a feline, or when switching into battle for a feline teammate, an allergy attack occurs and 25% the selected move fails because of itching.
Treatment: If needed, Benadryl ($8 for 48) 1 per day if in close quarters with feline teammate. Can take 0.5 for a random exposure to ease symptoms.

And now that we’re done with that whole disaster, we are going to move on with the game! Does anyone else feel like the game itself is a side quest compared to the doc-locke game? Because that’s how I feel.

Moving on, I let Rex and Spook take point on the trainers since they have the lowest levels out of everyone.

94wPBcT.jpg

I have no idea what I was trying to accomplish with this screenshot. But I do know that this was the battle Spook got hit by a Sucker Punch from a trainer’s Croagunk. It didn’t do much because of the difference in power and level. But another aspect of Spook’s Terminal Ascension is that if he gets hit by 13 super effective moves, he dies instantly. And this one was the first. And it made me aware of just how common his weaknesses are.

wMhnJ29.jpg

Nelly, on the other hand, is working her twinkly little ASS off making sure everyone knows she’s not just a burden we’re stuck with on this team. I once again find myself relying on her to be my only safe answer to this trainer’s 3 Sudowoodo.

Hp7orwg.jpg

Some naturelocke antics happened here. I wanted to use Rex and Spook against these guys since they need the most levels, but because of Spook’s lonely nature, he cannot participate in a double battle with Rex- who he has no Comradery points with.

hcPC3dL.jpg

I kind of wanted to keep Leech Life on Brutus, but his Special Attack is way higher so I went with Bug Buzz. Poor Brutus. So many changes he’s had to go through in his life. From karate lizard to butterfly. And from Physical Attacker to Special Attacker. But that doesn’t stop him from kicking ass.

IeKLQeB.jpg

And at this point, Rex finally hit 50 Respect points!!! This means he only uses a random move 25% of the time in trainer battles. We are that much closer to having a healthy, respectful Pokemon to trainer relationship. What a good Rock dino.

zJS1W0Q.jpg

Then we took a little detour to Solaceon ruins and found a nice Mind Plate for Nelly! She sure has earned it.

Also at this point, we had beaten all the trainers between Vielstone and Solaceon. It is now Hour 7 of our day and we have $1,204.52 in our clinic fund.

We still have 3 areas I mostly skipped to stay under the level limit: Rt. 209, Wayward Cave, and Rt. 212. I’m debating on whether I want to go back to one of those routes now or wait until after the gym.

hs2FeIH.jpg

Level limit-wise, we actually aren’t doing that bad. Brutus is allowed to be over the limit thanks to his Black Belt item we got as part of our grant for beating Maylene. And Nelly is likely going to surpass the limit, but she really shouldn’t be used in the gym unless something goes very south so we won’t get deductions for that anyway.

I think I’m going to trigger the Pastoria grunt chase first and then go from there. I can’t remember how many battles that involves and if it’s a lot I might just go straight to the gym after.

77gdDX2.jpg

Aaaand I forgot all about this rival battle. I apparently also forgot how to hold a phone. I give myself a D+ for screenshots this update.

K4jgyij.jpg

I cannot believe at this point in the game that our rival still has his unevolved Starly and meanwhile I have a literal Tyrannosaurus Rex.

9CBKM96.jpg

Then Brutus mowed the lawn.

0fGmqcq.jpg

Nelly tamed the ape.

u6aAGdo.jpg

And she also knocks out the Buizel. Easy peasy, but it definitely gave us all a lot of experience. I’m thinking I won’t be fighting many more trainers before the gym.

TPNDmSq.jpg

We beat the running grunt and his Glameow, and Cynthia gives us this. And I think we can use this item for a little mini reward for this grunt! Normally I don’t think that battle would be worth any reward at all, but if Cynthia is going to give us an item called Secret Medicine in a doc-locke run…

I declare that Secret Medicine is a special doc-locke item. It reduces headache symptoms by 20% to as low as 1%. I think I will use this on Stella the Girafarig!

Cynthia also gives me the Charm to give to her grandma, but I am definitely going to hold off on Celestic Town and its higher level trainers until after the gym.

FMSEncV.jpg

I decided to go through the Lost Tower before ending my day, mostly because of my typical misguided confusion. I forgot we get Strength at the Lost Tower, and I thought I could use it by now so that I could try for a Gible in Wayward Cave. But it turns out you have to wait until after the Canalave gym. But off goes little ignorant Past Specs anyway. Hey, at least I got another revive out of the deal. We now have two in our bag.

WaH9igv.jpg

Spook has one Comradery point with Bella, and the RNG said he was willing to participate in a double battle with her. And I just thought that was nice. I have a major soft spot for my little Spooky Spook.

CsQgMW9.jpg

Also these double battles give a shitload of money which is great and extremely necessary with Ace’s problematic ass.

So we finish the Lost Tower and are on Hour 12…and I really don’t feel like grinding. There really aren’t any good grinding areas where I am right now. I would honestly rather wait until Celestic Town where I might get more experience in the later routes.

But I would hate to waste the time. And Ginger really needs to work on her recovery from Frostblood Coma.

But the main reason I decided to use the rest of the day to grind was because I remembered Roxie. Homegirl has earned some time in the sun.

Before I grinded, I decided to re-organize my boxes and put some of my mons in the healing extensions now that so many of them have healed and can make room for others who can benefit.

JUuv9FN.jpg

Now that Roxie and Rosie are healed, they returned to the Therapeutic Traveling Pasture and made room for Ginger to stay in the Healing Meadow.

elOgrSW.jpg

Ollie, Percy, and Stella can relax in the new Hot Spring we got from Crasher wake.

Gdc8A5P.jpg

And now here is our grinding team. My focus is going to be on Ginger and trying to improve her ability to use physical moves while maybe even reigniting her internal fire in the process. Roxie probably won’t be able to participate in any battles this session, but once she catches up I am planning on training her other senses so she can still fight without vision!

z1J0ydK.jpg

Aaaand wow. Apparently I did pick the right route. Our first battle was with a Chansey and Roxie jumped all the way up to level 13!

nGHKPfr.jpg

In this battle, Ginger was able to use her first physical move! She had an 89% fail rate for physical moves, which now goes down to 88%. We will get better, Ginger, one Tackle at a time!

…Then the next turn, she gets to use ANOTHER Tackle! The RNG loves our little unicorn!

I thought our luck had run out when I rolled for her fire reigniting and to use Tackle and failed for both and had to use Growl, but then on the next turn…

We rolled for Ginger’s fire to reignite!!!!! This was only a 6% chance!

XuQ2CgG.jpg
QCQ4nlz.jpg

AND she grew a level after making the KO with her first fire move!! Omg she is wasting NO time getting back in the battling game. Homegirl wakes up from her coma and comes out SWINGING. I am SO glad I decided to grind rather than ending the day!!!

Reigniting Ginger’s internal fire decreases the fail rate for physical moves by 25%. It also allows her to try to use her fire moves more often. She is still a little shaky in this regard because of her recovery, so she is going to start out with a 25% success rate, plus 6% for each degree her temperature went up since we started treating her. And the chances of success will increase by 1% for each successful fire move she uses.

So I wrote all that in her chart….and then something in her chart caught my eye. Her nature. I forgot all about her Bashful nature. She was technically only supposed to be out in battle with that Starly for 3 turns.

And I was in the process of bargaining with myself about that (I guess I would have rolled the same number in the next battle anyway, it should still count, I already made all the changes to her chart, etc.) when it hit me: I had Macy on the team. Mild Macy. Macy’s nature allows Ginger to stay out for one extra turn without switching. So it was totally valid after all!!!
And now we have no more time to grind, and we must end the day and begin Day 10.

Med Pass Day 10:
Bella- no treatment needed
Winn Dixie- no treatment needed
Rosie- No treatment needed
Roxie- No treatment needed <3
Steel- Steel is a mixed bag today. Did not eat or drink. Fever went down and he is now only 1.5 degrees above normal. Sepsis goes back down to stage 1! This is huge because he now only has a 5% chance of death rather than 20%., he does not die, he develops another blood clot but the first one dissolved thanks to the medication. The new blood clot does not grow or move. given 4 oz Betadine (had to refill), 4 tablets cephalexin, 3 mL vasopressin,2 mL vancomycin (had to refill for $45), and 3 Warfarin. 1850 mL fluids.
Luna- Luna officially does not have rabies!!! And she would have been able to come out of isolation if Ace hadn’t given her Toxoplasmosis yesterday ugh. Hopefully it’s a quick illness. No change today, given 1 clindamycin.
Woof-no change in asthma
Lucky- no change in anxiety or attacks
Ace- Ace is officially no longer a baby today, bless him. I’m so sad that he had to spend all his time as a baby so sick. But he is such a trooper today. Ate and drank both meals. Fever went down again and only has to decrease one more time to be out of the seizure zone! No seizures today. Pneumonia unchanged, but now that he is no longer a baby he is not as vulnerable to pneumonia and his odds of improving increase by 5% while his odds of worsening decrease by 5%. No complications post surgery so far, but he is still not stable enough to come home yet. Paid $150 for another night there. Keep fighting, little one!! Jubilife Clinic is taking care of meds today.
Brutus- no healing or infection; 1 mL neosporin given
Macy- No treatment needed
Nelly- no treatment needed
Spook- Spooky plate buffer has 2/6 days left.
Beethoven- No treatment needed.
Rex- no treatment needed
Ginger- temp increases by 1.5 degrees, frostbite unchanged, $15 to refill oxygen tanks, breathing difficulties unchanged, high calorie food for $20 per day, 1 oz aloe vera
Ollie- fracture improved to partial bearing already-only a 10% chance! The hot springs are treating him well! No wound healing. 1 ibuprofen and 1 neosporin
Stella- No headache thanks to secret medicine- no meds needed and her condition improves for having a day without psychic disturbance.
Percy- Fever decreases-and I would like to add that having him in the hot springs really did make a difference here because he only made it to improve by 1 point), rash does not heal, 1 Fluconazole
Cooper- no treatment needed

I’m loving med pass even more now because we’re kind of reaching the point where we have a lot of healed mons to make things go by faster, but we’re still focusing on the hot messes that are Steel and Ace. I’m honestly most relieved about Luna officially not having rabies though, those were super stressful rolls.

With a new day, I gained a new perspective. The 4 teammates I might actually use against Fantina are only at level 34, so I decided to go ahead and fight the trainers I skipped on Rt 209.

56X6SOU.jpg

Buuuut maybe I should have saved these trainers for the grinding team… I didn’t realize they would be such low levels.

d8LW083.jpg

Despite the weak opponents, Rex gained a lot of Respect points fighting these guys. He is now at 75 points and he only has a 25% chance of using a random move in important battles.

WgKFa3z.jpg

Aaaand this is where Past Specs realized she dun goofed once again, because it turns out you have to get to Celestic Town before Fantina returns. Drat. I am going to be so overleveled for this gym.

But honestly, at this point, I’m not going to stress myself with trying to avoid overleveling. It’s just too hard with permanent exp share. Which is crazy because I literally don’t even have a team of six at this point, I’m just sort of taking whoever from the box is going to be of the most use in the next battles. And yet I’m still overleveled. The only penalty is that I lose money on the gym grants anyway, and at this point I am willing to take that loss. It’s only a $10 deduction per level above anyway, and only for the Pokemon I used in the battle.

So, my goal is to not skip any trainers on this route and hopefully get Rex to 100 Respect points by the time I reach the gym. I do plan on using him against Fantina and even a 25% chance of him not listening is too much.

Q129BAI.jpg

So on I go to Celestic Town, and I run into these assholes. And my plan was to try to fight them one at a time in the interest of avoiding a repeat of my double death to the last Ace Trainer double battle. But apparently the game doesn’t give you that option!

dgm3q2v.jpg

And it’s exactly the battle I remembered. Gyarados and Raichu. WHY am I still taking screenshots like I don’t have opposable thumbs?

aNJgIjZ.jpg
ZEz4GxY.jpg

Thankfully, mostly because of how overleveled we are, this battle was actually over quite quickly. Which is good because I really didn’t have anyone who would be able to switch in and survive to land a hit. Rex outsped and killed Gyarados with Rock Tomb, and Beethoven took care of Raichu.

Y1rmdH5.jpg

We also got a BUTT-TON of money for that battle so I guess I shouldn’t complain.

cyxtwhG.jpg

At this point, Rex officially overleveled. But like I said before, I don’t care. F da police. Although in this scenario, I guess I am the police. F myself and my rules.

uTEP9Qt.jpg

Also Beethoven learned Knock Off, which is going to be super helpful for this gym. I ended up getting rid of Belch. It’s a cool move, but it’s too situational to be of any use. Especially with his Hasty nature not allowing held items.

TLtcBAD.jpg

I got rid of the grunt in Celestic Town (I don’t think this warrants a reward), and without further ado we will go straight to the gym!

jQ5Ksol.jpg

During this battle, Rex maxed out his Respect points at 100!! I honestly love using Naughty and Sassy Pokemon so much. They start out as easily one of the most difficult natures to battle with. And it feels so good to play through battles with them as it gets easier and easier and requires less and less thought. It really feels like we’re building a relationship. We’ve had our ups and downs, especially as we’ve lost teammates so dear to us, but I’m glad Rex decided to stick it out with me. It has been an honor earning your Respect, sassy teenage rock dino <3.

HPvUt2K.jpg

On the other hand, Spook got hit by another Sucker Punch. 11 more and he passes on to the next life. We also have another contender for worst screenshot of the update.

TzVHimV.jpg

And now we can FINALLY fight Fantina.

FDwXxyh.jpg

Hex took out about ¼ of Rex’s health and Rock Tomb KO’d.

qBTfOXw.jpg
wT0rMsl.jpg

Gengar used Confuse Ray, but my extra Respectful Rexie fought through the confusion and made another Rock Tomb KO!

FJIGUmd.jpg

Bella was trying to learn Super Fang here, so I decided to get rid of Yawn for it. It could come in handy, especially with her not having the best of stats.

V80UpTq.jpg

Now all that’s left is Mismagius. I decided to switch to Beethoven because of its Magical Leaf, which didn’t do a whole lot to our pink friend.

6CwGeRf.jpg

And easy peasy! Dazzling Gleam didn’t do a whole lot more damage, and Knock Off was a 1HKO! Fear my almighty T-Rex and Pink Tongue Blob Monster! And hand over our grant!

Since this is the 5th gym, we get a $500 base reward. We get $50 for using one less Pokemon than we needed to, and $150 for not using any items. We have to subtract $10 for Rex being overleveled before we got in the gym (Beethoven only overleveled fighting gym trainers, which is okay). $690 total.

For our non-monetary rewards, we are actually doing pretty well on space so I don’t think I am going to ask for an extension. For one thing, I think Fantina can help us make Spook’s death countdown officially cured. He already has so many days-likely more than I would play through by the end of the game- that it’s just a formality at this point. We do still have to deal with his super effective move condition, however. It only eliminates the need to count how many days he has left. Thank you, Spookus, for deciding to stay for as long as you can <3.

And finally, I decided to make up another new Doc-locke item: a ouija board. We can use the board once per game in order to gift a dead Pokemon’s naturelocke points to a living Pokemon who is earning the same kind of points. It’s not something I’m seeing an immediate use for, but I think it’s a cool idea for an item.

Bella and Nelly also each gain 25 points for a gym period spent without a death. They are now at 50 points and only have to heal or switch when below half health in important battles.

Spook also gained some Comradery points, and he now has the following: (3 Macy, 3 Brutus,3 Nelly, 1 Lucky, 1 Woof, 2 Beethoven, 2 Bella, 1 Rex)

So I sit here thinking to myself, “What a nice easy gym that was, let’s look at the rest”.

And then I ended up throwing myself into a total panic looking at the future battles and their movesets and it’s just HOLY TYPE COVERAGE WHY and THEY HAVE WHAT HELD ITEM and GARCHOMP HAS WHAT NATURE

And then I proceeded to torture myself trying to figure out how to construct a team that’s not going to take any super effective damage while also factoring in all their rules. And then I had to reel myself in. This game is hard, and it’s only going to get harder now that I’m past the half way point. I just have to take things one step at a time, one battle at a time. Hnnng I just don’t want anyone else to die though…

I’m going to end the update here and take some time to plan, at least for Byron. We’ll start the next update by carefully choosing our team. We also get to end Day 10 and get some new encounters. But, most excitingly, we finally get to see if Brutus gets to have his revenge on his sworn enemy who wounded him all those years ago…Will his new form be enough to last 3 turns against these metal menaces? Will my heart handle all this stress? And will I take half way decent screenshots on the next update? Only Arceus knows.

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Wow, what a busy update! Really glad that surgery went so well for Ace, and that Steel is doing a bit better. And Luna is officially rabies free, yes! Also love Ginger just showing up and taking names, reigniting her inner fire and being the baby bisexual fighter we knew she would be! Yeah, getting a Gible is so much more annoying in these games than it was in Platinum. You have to beat Byron to earn your landshark...right before the gym where a Gible has the 4x weakness. Yeah. Great timing, game.

Keeping a level limit is so difficult with the experience share being how it is! Especially when it comes to really hard battles like with ace trainers! The only thing that makes it easier to deal with is being able to access the PC from almost anywhere. If you had to go back to a Pokemon Center every time, I would have probably abandoned the game.

Congrats on defeating Fantina, and glad Spooks no longer has his death counter! But yeah, the Elite 4 and Champion go hard in this game. And people were worried about Cynthia being too easy. Really looking forward to seeing how Brutus takes his revenge; Byron is a bit harder than in the original games because of the changes to Sturdy mechanics to eager to see how you handle those! Good luck!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
*At this point in my evening, Shades asked me to do him a favor and I frantically told him that my Buizel was about to get a complete Lobectomy for a lung abscess so it would have to wait until later. He informed me that he will never understand the things I do for fun but he wished me the best of luck anyway. Bless him.*
Bless him indeed~
Does anyone else feel like the game itself is a side quest compared to the doc-locke game? Because that’s how I feel.
Makes sense to me.
I cannot believe at this point in the game that our rival still has his unevolved Starly and meanwhile I have a literal Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Actually, he's more of a Pachycephalosauridae. But the general principle is the same.
I declare that Secret Medicine is a special doc-locke item. It reduces headache symptoms by 20% to as low as 1%. I think I will use this on Stella the Girafarig!
She needs it.
And then I ended up throwing myself into a total panic looking at the future battles and their movesets and it’s just HOLY TYPE COVERAGE WHY and THEY HAVE WHAT HELD ITEM and GARCHOMP HAS WHAT NATURE
Welcome to Hell.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Our finances @ Ace:
BkvvBl4CYAAt3ie.png

Thank you for your support, Shades! o7

But another aspect of Spook’s Terminal Ascension is that if he gets hit by 13 super effective moves, he dies instantly. And this one was the first. And it made me aware of just how common his weaknesses are.
😬 Dark type coverage is so common! Be careful with our grumpy grandpa!

hcPC3dL.jpg

I kind of wanted to keep Leech Life on Brutus, but his Special Attack is way higher so I went with Bug Buzz. Poor Brutus. So many changes he’s had to go through in his life. From karate lizard to butterfly. And from Physical Attacker to Special Attacker. But that doesn’t stop him from kicking ass.
Brutus: forever in an anime training arc.

77gdDX2.jpg

Aaaand I forgot all about this rival battle. I apparently also forgot how to hold a phone. I give myself a D+ for screenshots this update.
You @ phone:
qdaj3.jpg

K4jgyij.jpg

Top 10 most equal fights. 😔 Poor D/P/BDSP rival.

Normally I don’t think that battle would be worth any reward at all, but if Cynthia is going to give us an item called Secret Medicine in a doc-locke run…

Who knew Cynthia was a clinician? Perhaps she had a career shift? 🤔

FMSEncV.jpg

I decided to go through the Lost Tower before ending my day, mostly because of my typical misguided confusion. I forgot we get Strength at the Lost Tower, and I thought I could use it by now so that I could try for a Gible in Wayward Cave. But it turns out you have to wait until after the Canalave gym. But off goes little ignorant Past Specs anyway. Hey, at least I got another revive out of the deal. We now have two in our bag.
RIP. In Platinum, you get Strength in Iron Island, which is close to when you can battle the Canalave Gym.

Yay for Ginger's internal fire reigniting and Roxie's debut!

Luna- Luna officially does not have rabies!!! And she would have been able to come out of isolation if Ace hadn’t given her Toxoplasmosis yesterday ugh. Hopefully it’s a quick illness. No change today, given 1 clindamycin.
As doc-locke giveth, doc-locke taketh away. 😔

Ace- Ace is officially no longer a baby today, bless him. I’m so sad that he had to spend all his time as a baby so sick. But he is such a trooper today. Ate and drank both meals. Fever went down again and only has to decrease one more time to be out of the seizure zone! No seizures today. Pneumonia unchanged, but now that he is no longer a baby he is not as vulnerable to pneumonia and his odds of improving increase by 5% while his odds of worsening decrease by 5%. No complications post surgery so far, but he is still not stable enough to come home yet. Paid $150 for another night there. Keep fighting, little one!! Jubilife Clinic is taking care of meds today.
Aw, happy birthday(?), little man. 🥺

WgKFa3z.jpg

Aaaand this is where Past Specs realized she dun goofed once again, because it turns out you have to get to Celestic Town before Fantina returns. Drat. I am going to be so overleveled for this gym.
What if you wanted to get a grant for the gym but game design said "You're overleveled now."

"Required double battles aren't real. Required double battles aren't real."
Required double battle:

Ah, this helps with the healing. 🏥

jQ5Ksol.jpg

During this battle, Rex maxed out his Respect points at 100!! I honestly love using Naughty and Sassy Pokemon so much. They start out as easily one of the most difficult natures to battle with. And it feels so good to play through battles with them as it gets easier and easier and requires less and less thought. It really feels like we’re building a relationship. We’ve had our ups and downs, especially as we’ve lost teammates so dear to us, but I’m glad Rex decided to stick it out with me. It has been an honor earning your Respect, sassy teenage rock dino <3.

Spook trying to get a sneak peek of the next life. 👀

FJIGUmd.jpg

Bella was trying to learn Super Fang here, so I decided to get rid of Yawn for it. It could come in handy, especially with her not having the best of stats.
Super Fang can be useful in wall-breaking. 👀 Continue to lead us to victory, Bella!

For our non-monetary rewards, we are actually doing pretty well on space so I don’t think I am going to ask for an extension. For one thing, I think Fantina can help us make Spook’s death countdown officially cured. He already has so many days-likely more than I would play through by the end of the game- that it’s just a formality at this point. We do still have to deal with his super effective move condition, however. It only eliminates the need to count how many days he has left. Thank you, Spookus, for deciding to stay for as long as you can <3.
1314859589-Safe_Deposit_Krabs_063.jpg

And finally, I decided to make up another new Doc-locke item: a ouija board. We can use the board once per game in order to gift a dead Pokemon’s naturelocke points to a living Pokemon who is earning the same kind of points. It’s not something I’m seeing an immediate use for, but I think it’s a cool idea for an item.
The plot potential here!!! 👀

So I sit here thinking to myself, “What a nice easy gym that was, let’s look at the rest”.

And then I proceeded to torture myself trying to figure out how to construct a team that’s not going to take any super effective damage while also factoring in all their rules. And then I had to reel myself in. This game is hard, and it’s only going to get harder now that I’m past the half way point. I just have to take things one step at a time, one battle at a time. Hnnng I just don’t want anyone else to die though…
Agh, sometimes ignorance is bliss. >_<'

Time Master Eon

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
K4jgyij.jpg

Rampardos is a Pachycephalosaurus though.

But yay, nothing is going horribly wrong and in fact seem to be getting better for the time being.

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A very small trash boy last seen clawing themself out of the gender dumpster.
For establishments like the Saffron City and Jubilife City clinics, I draw upon my experience with emergency veterinary hospitals. And when your pet needs care at an emergency clinic, it’s very expensive. There is an emergency fee just to walk in the door, and then all the treatment your pet needs done is also astronomical.

Hoo yeah... My poor kitty Simba had a narrow escape last week (somehow the little dorkus recovered from a very likely death sentence with. Maybe a 5% chance of happening? He is a living miracle my baby, I am so relieved that he's recovering so well and also clutching my chest and SCREAMING because my heart can only take so much) and the only reason we didn't pay almost $1000 is because someone had a late cancellation and the receptionist very kindly slotted us in. Seriously the staff at our local vet are absolute queens and I love them all.

Awwww, Shades you are Excellent.

And without further ado, we shall begin the surgery:
Turn 1: stable
Turn 2: stable
Turn 3: end!

WOOOO! What a relief! I actually watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet last night where they had to remove a tumour from a very small doggo's lung so I have an eerily accurate mental image of what he's just been through and I'm so, SO glad it went about as perfectly as it possibly could.

And now that we’re done with that whole disaster, we are going to move on with the game! Does anyone else feel like the game itself is a side quest compared to the doc-locke game? Because that’s how I feel.

Honestly kind of yes. The battles? MEH. I'm far more invested in all these sick babies getting the treatment and love that they need!

But another aspect of Spook’s Terminal Ascension is that if he gets hit by 13 super effective moves, he dies instantly. And this one was the first. And it made me aware of just how common his weaknesses are.

ASDFGHJKL OH GOD. I hadn't realised just how tiny a number 13 is til just now oh NO.

Nelly, on the other hand, is working her twinkly little ASS off making sure everyone knows she’s not just a burden we’re stuck with on this team. I once again find myself relying on her to be my only safe answer to this trainer’s 3 Sudowoodo.

Seriously people always underestimate the Chimecho line and it confuses me so much! My very first run of a Pokemon game I had one as my team Psychic type and it kicked all kinds of ass. Never. Underestimate. A. Pokemon. (Except Unown. You cannot possibly underestimate Unown XD)

Yeah I'm not sure if it was like this in the original DP but it was NOT this unevolved in Platinum! Mind you in Platinum you have to deal with Fantina as the third gym and can't leave Hearthome until you do so.

I like this plan! It makes sense, it's given to you with an explicit purpose and effect, you'd be mad not to use it.

Spook has one Comradery point with Bella, and the RNG said he was willing to participate in a double battle with her. And I just thought that was nice. I have a major soft spot for my little Spooky Spook.

I think we all do now. He's such a good friend. <3

Roxie probably won’t be able to participate in any battles this session, but once she catches up I am planning on training her other senses so she can still fight without vision!

Woooo! I'm just so happy for our rock friend, she's struggled so hard and now she's finally able to learn to live again and I'm just. So happy!

We rolled for Ginger’s fire to reignite!!!!! This was only a 6% chance!

🔥 Attagirl Ginger! You're doing so well, sweetie!

Mild Macy. Macy’s nature allows Ginger to stay out for one extra turn without switching. So it was totally valid after all!!!

Oh thank GOD. I don't think I could bear for another mon to have to leave.

Steel- Steel is a mixed bag today. Did not eat or drink. Fever went down and he is now only 1.5 degrees above normal. Sepsis goes back down to stage 1! This is huge because he now only has a 5% chance of death rather than 20%., he does not die, he develops another blood clot but the first one dissolved thanks to the medication. The new blood clot does not grow or move. given 4 oz Betadine (had to refill), 4 tablets cephalexin, 3 mL vasopressin,2 mL vancomycin (had to refill for $45), and 3 Warfarin. 1850 mL fluids.

He's... kind of improving? The fever's down and the sepsis is improving at least... Come on Steel, you can make it! We know you can, we believe in you!

He's gone through so much and he's still so young :crying:Please get better, Ace!

Percy- Fever decreases-and I would like to add that having him in the hot springs really did make a difference here because he only made it to improve by 1 point), rash does not heal, 1 Fluconazole

WHEW! Already those Hot Springs have more than paid for themselves!

Thankfully, mostly because of how overleveled we are, this battle was actually over quite quickly. Which is good because I really didn’t have anyone who would be able to switch in and survive to land a hit. Rex outsped and killed Gyarados with Rock Tomb, and Beethoven took care of Raichu.

I HATE THIS BATTLE. IT IS EVIL AND MEAN AND I HATE IT. (And it's still not as scary as it used to be and that in and of itself is terrifying. I've had multiple runs destroyed by them.)

During this battle, Rex maxed out his Respect points at 100!!

:love: Awwww, Rex loves you now~ It's been a long and sometimes extremely hard journey to friendship, but that just makes this all the sweeter.

For one thing, I think Fantina can help us make Spook’s death countdown officially cured.

YES. YES GOOD. KEEP SPOOK SAFE AS POSSIBLE.

Ooooo, that is a really interesting idea and I'm curious to see if you'll have to use it. Fingers crossed that it simply sits there unused though.

Yeeeeeeeeeah the endgame of BSDP is evil.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
It really does fill my heart to see how well these kids are doing... Roxie pulling through and surviving her erosion... Ginger reigniting her fire... Ace making it through surgery... Rex coming to love and respect you... I love them all so much 😭 💞

I'm sure somebody's already asked so forgive me for repeating a question, but how come you don't use the Switch's screenshot button and then pull the screenshots off the SD card? Is BDSP weird about it, or are you using a different controller that doesn't have the button? Most of your photos are still better than how bad I am with a phone camera, I just get bright blazing squares when I try to photograph screens XD

RisingMew

Currently yelling about Legends: Arceus
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A calm and nocturnal creature with a fondness for reading.
Woah, lots to talk about with this update! For one thing, that bit about the emergency vet is all too accurate--we had to take our puppy in after he started vomiting out of nowhere one night and we were charged nearly $800 for walking in, getting some ultrasounds done, and letting him stay for observation for two (maybe three?) days. The crazy hours and high liability required for emergency work make the price understandable, but it's definitely a scary expense--both in Doc-lockes and real life! I really enjoyed reading about how the surgery worked, and I am SO glad it went off without a hitch for our poor problem child Ace. And Steel's doing better too! It was awesome to see that death chance go down so much :D There was all-around lots of good healing in this update! Ginger got her fire back, Luna is officially rabies free, and Ollie managed to hit that 10% chance to heal to partial weight-bearing! A good day in the clinic, that's for sure :D

And huge congrats on getting Rex up to 100 Respect points and using him to knock Fantina's gym out of the park! I've seen Fantina's gym give lots of people problems, but you practically breezed through it :D I am curious--do you play on switch or set mode? I'm considering a relatively challenging ROM hack for my future Doc-locke and want to know if I'll be out of line if I stick with switch XD

Your worries going into the latter half of the game are definitely understandable--they really did a good job of buffing the difficulty for important trainers in BDSP! I haven't finished a full playthrough yet amidst this year's chaos, but I've watched several and it definitely caught me off guard how much they were improved :0 I honestly don't think Byron will be a huge problem for you; though his gym is tougher thanks to the changes to Sturdy, he's always been considered one of the easier Sinnoh gym leaders from what I've seen! You've got a nice healthy fighting type in Macy, some good water types to handle the ground and rock dual types, and Brutus the main character to do his thing XD In all seriousness, though, I think Brutus can totally go toe to to with Byron's Bronzor for a few turns, and then the rest of the team can handle the Steelix and Bastiodon waiting in the back :0 As for what comes after...here's hoping RNG will be kind to new and current encounters to give you the best possible team for this game's big threats! Can't wait to read more :D

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
im so proud of ginger, and rex loves you ;o;!!!

what a good update! im glad ace pulled through, i'm worried for him

and yeah, that garchomp.....is murder

Leon Yorunaki

I'll Spirit Shackle you!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
First of all, I wonder how bad Ace's lungs were the abcess couldn't be drained and that piece had to be surgically removed.

But, other than that, what a streak of good updates. LOTS of healing, also an easy battle for a change. Yeah, late-game is brutal because ILCA decided to go the F U route, and with those med passes going less complicated over time, I can see this run coming to a happy ending now.

But for now we'll have to deal with the most pressing issue: our Main Character ™️ 's final battle.

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Dark types, dark types everywhere. Spook just can't catch a break. Near the end of one of my runs I had a few rock and ice types I wanted to try out, but it felt like absolutely everything had a super effective coverage move on them. But getting to the halfway point is pretty worrying. The elite 4 is one of the most brutal in pokemon history. Luckily you've had a lot of time to care for and train for your pokemon, and nothing is going to go wrong.

OP
Spectacles

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
@SimplyUnknown -The problem children had a good day (relatively). And all the hype for my shy bi unicorn! And I honestly don't understand why they didn't let you have a chance at Gible until so late in the game in these remakes; it's not like they evolve early anyway! Oh and while I was playing this I had no idea for the longest time that we could access the PC anywhere. would have made my life a lot easier. I think I make that discovery in this update. And ooooh man am I nervous for the rest of this game. I can't believe anyone was worried about Cynthia being too easy!

@Trollkitten - Huh. Thank you for the dino knowledge. I never knew the actual name for those guys. And dear lord welcome to hell is right...

@Bowser's Family Vacation -If anything happens to our grumpy grandpa I will personally make it my mission to eradicate all dark type moves from Sinnoh because it's getting ridiculous. Will Brutus's arc ever be resolved? I would totally read the shit out of a work where Cynthia is a clinician either before or after she became Champion. Oh I'm glad to know Strength was in a different spot in the old games, I thought my memory was slipping. Spook needs to stop trying to spoil himself- he will get their eventually and it better not be during my run! And yeah, I almost wish I blundered through the rest of this run without looking anything up.

@Time Master Eon - Ah, another one with dino knowledge! And oh lord here's hoping this good luck continues.

@LittleMercury -Oh I am so glad Simba is okay! The RL RNG rolled for healing! That's so awesome that you were able to get in at your local vet- that is always so much better than going to an emergency clinic. Ah that's cool that you got to see a sneak peek of Ace's surgery from a veterinary show! And yeah 13 is a really small number when everyone and their mother has Dark type coverage. And yes, all the hype for Ginger and Roxie is so deserved!! And yeah that Gyarados double battle has burned me in the past for sure.

@SayleeK -They are trying their little hearts out and I love them for it. And actually you are the first one to ask that question! And basically the answer is because I'm not sure how to get the screenshots from my Switch to my computer and I was too lazy to look it up lol And since all the updates for this run are finished they are all going to include my shaky phone pics. But maybe if I do another Switch posted run I will look into how to do that.

@RisingMew -Isn't it awful how much an emergency clinic visit costs? And when it's an emergency most of the time you don't have a choice but to go there. But you're right- I've heard it's a very tough place to work as a veterinarian. Thankfully, it certainly was a good day in the Lucky Dog Clinic for once :) And you are not out of line- I play on set but it doesn't matter if you stick with switch! It's not specified for the doc-locke rules. especially in a game like this or a rom hack-things are hard enough the way it is! And yeah I think Byron shouldn't be too bad and even the ice gym probably won't give us too much trouble. It's everything after that...

@bhelryss - I am so proud of all my children and I'm glad you are too! Here's hoping the good days keep coming and we can survive the murder chomp...

@Leon Yorunaki -There was a source I was using for Ace's toxoplasmosis that I now can't find, and it said one of the complications was a lung abscess that requires surgery. But it didn't go into a ton more detail than that. I didn't really look into more specifics but now that I look it up it seems like there are different levels of severities- some treated with antibiotics and some that need to be drained, with only the severe ones needing surgery. So I suppose I could have randomized for that first if I had looked into that more. So i guess for the sake of Ace's situation we'll assume it was a severe abscess lol But yeah, lots of good fortune today! If we can make it through this game's bloody late game challenges I think we'll be in good shape!

@ACottontail - I had no idea how inundated with Dark coverage Sinnoh is. And I can image Rock and Ice types are tough to use too. This late game may be terrifying but you're right- through the power of friendship nothing will go wrong!!

For no particular reason, I wanted to share with y'all that my bridal shower is tomorrow! Ya girl is gonna be a married Specs in about 3 months! Gotta lock down a good guy like Shades who supports me in my nuzlocke endeavors even when he knows absolutely nothing about what I'm doing and all he sees is me crying in front of an RNG for hours on end~

Welcome back, folks!

We left off last time with me panicking about constructing a steady team for the rest of this game. Which is apparently impossible with the type coverage the gym leaders and elites have. Frankly, no team is completely safe against the trainers of this game, and that’s insane to me. And scary af.

Still, I don’t have a lot of great options to assist Brutus in his attempt to exact his revenge on Byron. Cooper the Wooper (now technically a Quagsire but that is irrelevant for the sake of rhyme) would be great. But, thanks to his lore rule, if I bring him then I have to bring Percy along too. I’m not sure if I want to use two slots of my team like that.

So, before I make any permanent decisions on the team for Byron, I decided to try for my Celestic Town underground catch in case it’s a gamechanger.

9HOYJZF.jpg

Found a nice little TM here-Dragon Pulse. I’ll have to teach that to Rex because of his Dragon Ancestry, but I don’t think he’ll be coming back on the team until at least after this gym so I won’t worry about that for now. In this area there are lots of Bronzor, so that ended up being my encounter. Let’s see what the lore rule is.

RNG says…

1) Mirror Mirror on the Wall * Bronzor gains the lore rule of the pokemon with the highest Special Defense in your party.

……………….

…………………………..

…I’m pretty sure that’s Nelly.

Yep, Nelly. Tsukumogami Nelly.

1) Tsukumogami Chingling/Chimecho is an old item that was brought to life. Randomize one of two options: A) It was your item that was brought to life by itself wanting to serve you in its new form. Choose the most expensive item in your bag, you can’t use/sell it as long as Chingling/Chimecho is alive. B) It is an item that was mistreated by its former owner and seeks revenge. Randomize a city you haven’t visited and choose the strongest trainer in it (gym leader included). Until you have defeated this trainer Chingling/Chimecho must stay in your party or you’ll have to release it. This lore rule ends once it participates in the battle against that trainer for at least 3 turns.

And since they’re mirroring Nelly, they would be the second option.

ANOTHER mon that wants to be stuck on the team. NOPE! NOPE. I am not having 50% of my team locked in. No siree!

…Except…Bronzor is really good…and if they have Levitate, they might be a fantastic counter to that evil murdering Garchomp.

Plus, Brutus technically won’t be locked in anymore after Byron…

But ugh. ANOTHER mon stuck on the team until Sunnyshore. Dual psychic types.

Let’s see what kind of doc-locke impairment we’re working with here before we make a decision.

RNG says they have a mild impairment with no secondary conditions…

……Damnit.

IY18uHp.jpg

I sat in front of this guy for like 20 minutes agonizing over if I should catch them or not before I finally decided to bite the bullet. And I’m glad I did, because they DO have levitate.

I mean, I guess it’s kind of cute right? Copper (named because they copied lore rules, also after the hound in Fox and the Hound) must have been Nelly’s friend who also got abandoned by Volkner. And they came all this way to find her. And just like that, I am emotionally attached to a plate. DAMN IT ALL!!!

CelesticTown Underground-Stargleam Cavern:

hp1tguD44HPw4DL-taKjMBHahlHQtvv18hK8wuxYJ4wtY12EEUvkr7Zlfign1q5RFu2Ys0UAH2YFj2z7irNpkJRgdDh1INGVqTx2PqQxqgvFXHoeIYmUJ27gAWOp59DogBl99pUrMWmoJhCkBg

Name: Copper
Species: Bronzor
Nature: Adamant (heavy slam, swagger) 3 rerolls from Macy
Characteristic: impetuous and silly
Ability: Levitate
Lore Rule: Mirror Mirror on the Wall- Nelly’s rule, on team until Snowpoint
Diagnosis: Mild injury- dent to head.
Prognosis: 90% chance of headaches decreases by 15% per day until at 0 (now 75%).
Limitations: None
Treatment: Dent puller to pop out dent ($10). Depending on pain tolerance, may need to be sedated (50%)-does not need to be sedated. 1 ibuprofen per day as needed for headaches.

So, despite the good ability and doc-locke rule, Copper’s Adamant nature is going to cause us trouble. Adamant Pokemon have a ‘signature style’, meaning we have to randomize a move from their level up moveset, a random TM they can learn, and a random held item. The RNG says their learnset move is Heavy Slam, and Swagger is their TM move. Thankfully, we don’t have Swagger yet so that’s a moot point. Also, we have Nelly. And Nelly’s Mild nature gives us 1-3 rolls per gym period to reroll these conditions. Right now, the RNG says we have 3 rerolls. I am going to save them for now. I’m also not randomizing a held item until I’m ready to give them one.

Z0eHmSv.jpg

I decided to just go ahead and teach Beethoven Surf and use him for this gym. Macy could also be a good backup, I also might teach her Drain Punch.

And with that, it’s just about time to end another day. But first, grinding!

6PZ4b14.jpg
1UljX4I.jpg

Roxie and Ginger learned some good moves! They deserve this so much <3

aWms1bL.jpg

Then, Roxie finally got to come out for her first battle since healing!! I am bursting with pride.

So, for Roxie’s condition, she is trying to learn to use her other senses to make up for her blindness. To start, she has a 90% chance of failing to hit with a move that requires aim. She can use her sense of touch (her dominant sense), smell, and hearing to hit the enemy Pokemon. Each successful hit using a sense reduces the chance of failure using that sense.

And so, Roxie tries for her first move using her sense of touch!

JIlRBBJ.png

And I had to take a screenshot because, I shit you not, homegirl actually made it. She landed her first hit. I am overcome with pride for this wonderful boulder.

XyGh1wf.jpg

And then it hit me…Sandstorm is a move that doesn’t require aim. So she can totally make this first battle her first KO too.

qMVtDfH.jpg

Also, judging by its description, I guess Bulldoze doesn’t really require aim either.

Anyway! By the time our grinding session was over, Roxie now has an 88% fail rate for touch, 90% still for smell, and 89% for hearing. We only did a handful of battles so I think that’s a great start! I would also like to take this time to address a sanity clause I put in place for myself: Roxie has an impish nature, which means she has a 15% chance of jumping out in battle when another Pokemon is out. But that would obviously really interrupt Ginger's training- especially with her Bashful nature requiring her to make KOs within a certain amount of moves. If I really wanted to be strict with myself, I would do two separate grinding sessions with Ginger and Roxie separately, but that would take so much time and so I decided to ignore Roxie's nature for now. But once I add her on the team to progress the story I will have to roll for her nature's effects.

And now we end our day.

Med Pass Day 11:
Roxie- No treatment needed
Steel- Ate and drank both meals. Fever unchanged. Sepsis worsens back to stage 2 again…but he does not die or develop further blood clots. Blood clot does not heal, grow or move. given 4 oz Betadine, 4 tablets cephalexin (refill), 3 mL vasopressin,2 mL vancomycin, and 3 Warfarin. No fluids needed.
Luna- Officially healed of Toxoplasmosis, meaning she is completely healed! She can now come out of the isolation unit FINALLY
Woof- had an asthma attack, used inhaler
Ace- Ace gets to come home today!! Did not drink for one meal, have to give fluids. Fever went down again and we are now out of the seizure zone! Pneumonia unchanged. No complications post surgery. Eye infection only had a 10% chance of healing but it did! 1 Clindamycin, 1 Prednisone, 1 Percocet, 1 mL penicillin 750 mL fluids given
Brutus- Healed! No treatment needed!
Spook- no longer have to keep track of days thanks to Fantina’s grant.
Rex- no treatment needed
Ginger- temp increases by 1.5 degrees, frostbite unchanged, $15 to refill oxygen tanks, breathing difficulties unchanged, high calorie food for $20 per day-last day for this!, 1 oz aloe vera
Ollie- fracture unchanged but wound healed! 1 ibuprofen given
Stella-Has a headache but no migraine or agitation from tail. 4 ibuprofen given.
Percy- Fever decreases, rash heals!, 1 Fluconazole
Copper- had headache, 1 ibuprofen given

Steel is going to be the death of me…So disappointed he went back to stage 2 sepsis already. But at least Ace seems like he’s finally starting to turn around! Still definitely not out of the woods, but I will absolutely take this forward progress!

Now, onward we go to Canalave City!

VlLohch.jpg

While fighting trainers, Brutus learned Quiver Dance, which is such an awesome move…My only problem is his lore rule. He has to have two psychic or ghost moves in his moveset, so I have to keep Rest and Psychic. I ended up begrudgingly deleting Air Cutter.

O50OQtT.jpg

This trainer battle was noteworthy because it was a 1 v 1 battle and the enemy used Roar, forcing me to switch to another Pokemon. Since this was a forced switch, it does not count as a lost battle.

And I didn’t take any screenshots of this, but our encounter for Rt. 218 was a Gastrodon with the following lore rule:

3) The Luring Water Horse [Kelpie, Each-uisage, etc] When caught 25% for every bipedal non-flying, non-hovering nonswimming pokemon in your party to be lured by this pokemon to ride it. If more than one pokemon is lured, randomize 1 among the lured. The lured pokemon is drowned and dies.

Since Macy and Beethoven would be at risk here, I declined the capture. Which sucks because a water/ground type that isn’t attached to another Pokemon would be super helpful right now. But I can’t risk such good sweet critters.

…I decided against my better judgment to roll the RNG to see if Macy and Beethoven would have died. This is either going to validate my choice or make me furious at myself…

…Yeah. RNG said neither of them would have been lured. Double drat. Oh well. Better to be safe.

TQbfXM7.jpg

And now for the battle with the evil Rannumgen. Fitting after the RNG essentially just slapped me in the face.

QuajXph.jpg

Alright, Copper, time to earn your keep.

6gKm9FC.jpg

Noooot off to a great start. It used double team and Extrasensory missed right away. Then used Double Team AGAIN, and Extrasensory hit but looks like a 3HKO. This RNG-ass bastard just kept using Double Team, so I decided to take the opportunity to set up max Defense with Iron Defense.

5lsXT0v.jpg

Then it turns out Extrasensory was actually a 4HKO and this thing keeps using Endeavor. Endeavor got Copper down to 6 HP and if they don't land the hit I’m going to end up in a healing struggle that might not even make a difference…and whoever I switch in is going to have the same problem. Wow, I had no idea how dangerous Double Team and Endeavor could be. I take back everything I said about this bird in the previous battles.

GNsLeqQ.jpg

THANKFULLY, Copper is itching to earn their keep as much as Nelly was in her first battle, and they do land the KO. You really might have just saved our asses, Little Plate. Mad respect.

3b31sS9.jpg
cBkTZk4.jpg

But Copper’s not done yet. Now that Monferno has Shadow Claw, Nelly isn’t an easy win here. Since Copper has Max Defense, I decided to heal them and keep them in.

nJU5sxp.jpg

Unfortunately, Extrasensory isn’t doing much even with super effective damage.

lw8NEgm.jpg
571LyyJ.jpg

Thankfully, Monferno didn’t land any crits and Copper managed to take it down. Okay Copper, now you’re just showing off.

Then Buizel was sent out and I switched to Beethoven, who took small damage from Brine and one Leer before getting the KO with Thunderbolt. I apparently took no screenshots of this part of the battle.

Y3zvRHH.jpg
ccIBM76.jpg

Then I switched to Nelly for Heracross, who thankfully switched into a fighting move and then outsped to get the KO.

Ccliodd.jpg

And she easily took out Roselia for the win.

tGib5Uc.jpg

And Copper had a very well deserved evolution right after. Copper and Nelly might be the new power couple in town now that Brutus and Macy’s ship is…less prominent, considering Brutus’s species change and faster aging. Idk if you guys have been checking the medical charts, but Brutus has one more week until he’s an elder…

But enough about ships! It’s gym time!

190vsgx.jpg

Macy’s Low Kick is actually doing pretty good damage against this Steelix. And it was a 1HKO on the next Onix!

msH5QlZ.jpg
vjOWyUL.jpg

And then right after slaying that Onix, our Good Girl evolved! <3 And then I taught her Drain Punch. Byron doesn’t stand a chance.

baegKFN.jpg
z5sTCJ7.jpg

Alright, Brutus…The moment you’ve been waiting for.

OJTxXMX.jpg

Okay so. This is slightly complex because Brutus has to stay in battle for 3 turns in order to fulfill his lore rule. But he already did over half damage with one Bug Buzz. If that had been a crit we would have been screwed, because Brutus likely wouldn’t stand a chance for a single turn against Steelix or Bastiodon in this form.

During our 3 turns, Bronzor used Trick Room, Sandstorm, and finally Confuse Ray, so it got to set up quite a bit…

gcWlqWr.jpg

I used Quiver Dance and then another Bug Buzz gets the KO. Brutus did not hurt himself in confusion.

Brutus…I’m sorry you couldn’t do more in this fight. But you did your part. And while you were on this quest for revenge, you made some great friends. And you’ve learned that sometimes you have to allow those friends to help you when you need it. So, even though you didn’t get the epic warrior face off with the Steelix who maimed your old body, you still got to come in here and show them how you never gave up, despite all you’ve been through. And you’ve grown enough to let your friends take it from here. That, to me, is true strength. That’ll do, Brutus. That’ll do.

jGntAmd.jpg
TzCWZ5Q.jpg

I wanted to switch to Macy here, but I know Steelix has Earthquake and I’m afraid it would do too much damage to her, especially since I know it’s holding Soft Sand. And so we pass the torch to Beethoven, who switched into a Gyro Ball. Aaaand then Steelix moves first on the next turn and hits with a pretty gnarly Earthquake. Really glad I didn’t send Macy out.

Rzv7UWt.jpg

Then homeboy was like “If I can’t have a held item then neither can you. Hasty power.”

5g6MmIB.jpg

But since Hasty Power only gets us so far, I decided to trigger Macy’s Mild nature here and use a healing item on Beethoven. This is the only one I will be able to use on him. Earthquake did much less damage now, and the Sandstorm subsided.

…Hmm. Steelix also has Sandstorm. Will it use it now? Maybe now would be the opportunity to switch in for Macy.

bPP5z8L.jpg

So I did just that. Steelix used Sandstorm, and Macy struck with a Low Kick that got the KO!

slEKlxS.jpg

Bastiodon survived a Drain Punch thanks to Sturdy, healed a bit with a Berry, hit with Flash Cannon, and went down to one more hit!
And now we have our grant. We get $600 for six badges. $100 bonus for only using one item. We each used 3 Pokemon so no bonus or penalty there. No one used (besides Brutus who doesn’t count thanks to his Black Belt from Maylene) was over the level limit when we started the gym so no penalty or bonus.

And…we are now at a whopping $3196.00 in our clinic fund. Damn. I had just the exact opposite experience with Let’s Go Pikachu.

As for the non-monetary grant, we’ll get another standard extension-an extra 10 slots in the main clinic room. And, since he is the Steel gym leader, he talked to Copper and we are now allowed to choose one of their ‘signature styles’ for their adamant nature. I am going to hold off on doing this until I need to in case I end up rolling for one of them and getting something good naturally. Macy also got 2 more chances to reroll for him.

For nature points, Beethoven got 2 Wisdom points for being taken to red health and is now at 6. Nelly gains 25 points for gym period without death, Spook gets +1 Comradery points on Brutus, Nelly, Beethoven, Copper, Macy. He is now at max comradery with Beethoven in addition to Brutus, Macy, and Nelly.

HnivX2w.jpg

And now…It’s time for a bittersweet moment. Since the last two gyms are Ice and Electric, Brutus would only be in danger by staying on the team. And so, I think it’s Brutus’s time to stay in the Therapeutic Traveling Pasture. But honestly, who knows? With Quiver Dance he might be a good candidate to take to the League!

oi96w7s.jpg
iPcNI1L.jpg

And Rex is back on, although he may not be the best choice for the next gym despite his typing. Because of his Dragon Ancestry lore rule, he has to switch immediately or die if he is hit by an Ice move. Also because of his lore rule, I had no choice but to teach him Dragon Pulse.

Speaking of dragons, I decided to check Wayward Cave for Gible now that I have Strength. Buuut we got 3 dupes instead. No vicious landshark dragon for me :(

We only have one more possible encounter before we travel to Snowpoint City, and that’s Iron Island. Which, according to the encounter tables, are also all dupes. So we will only count the Riolu egg as our encounter for that area.

But we are running out of daylight in Day 11. And so, before we move on to meet Riley, we will do some grinding and end our day.

VmTqRlW.jpg

But before I switched up the team I decide to save and just…the tinderbox has such a nice color palette right now? Look at all those blues and pinks and purples. Possibly the most aesthetically pleasing team I’ve ever had.

X3fyQkl.jpg

And here’s the grinding team. Since the Secret Medicine helped Stella with her headaches (and since I have a shitload of Psychic types), I decided to leave her in the Hot Springs for now and focus more on Cooper and Percy. Quagsire really is such a good Pokemon and I very well may have to rely on him depending on how the rest of the game goes.

I’m also starting to realize just how much these rules are going to have an impact when I finally do reach the league. When I’m facing Cynthia and her murdering Garchomp, I really don’t want to still be worrying about a Pokemon who still has a 50% chance of not obeying my commands, or a Pokemon who’s not fully recovered from an injury and still has a 20% chance of a move failing. And it gets harder and harder to put the time into training a Pokemon like that as the game comes to a close.

And so, my main focus will be on training Ginger and Roxie for their nature and impairments.

Since Rt. 214 worked so well for us last time, I decided to go there again. Lots of other Ponyta for Ginger to train with. She can’t hit some of them with her fire moves and she doesn’t often KO them to work on her Bashful nature, but it does give us a great opportunity to work on her physical moves.

6ZFwtbn.jpg
Gc7OqRm.jpg

We had some evolutions!!! Gah I just want to like hang Roxie up on my refrigerator or something.

rDv38zt.jpg

Ginger also learned Stomp, which actually helped her make some KOs on the other Ponyta so we could train her nature. Plus, thanks to Cooper and Percy both having Jolly natures (which doubles the amount of naturelocke points earned while they are on the team), her nature improved even faster than it normally would have.

U1xMfjz.jpg

By the end of the session Ginger has 6 Confidence points, a 33% fail rate on physical moves, and a 46% success rate on fire moves. Roxie has a fail rate of 82% for touch, 85% smell, and 84% hearing. Lots of progress but I don't think either are going to make it to the team just yet. If they improve enough they honestly might be really useful for these next two gyms.

And finally, we start Day 12 with our med pass…

Med Pass Day 12:
Roxie- No treatment needed
Steel- Fever unchanged. Steel does not die or develop blood clots, but he does worsen to septic shock…Which is really really bad. He now needs daily fluids, oxygen, and dialysis at the Jubilife City Clinic. Blood clot does not heal or move, but it grows, which makes it more likely to move and cause even more problems. Will not eat while in septic shock-may need feeding tube if weight dips enough. given 4 oz Betadine, 4 tablets cephalexin, 3 mL vasopressin,2 mL vancomycin, and 3 Warfarin. 1850 mL fluids given. O2 tanks cost $15 per day to refill, $250 per day dialysis services at Jubilife City Clinic.
Luna-No treatment needed
Woof- no worsening asthma or attacks
Ace- Ate and drank both meals. Fever unchanged. Pneumonia improved and one more time we will be free of pneumonia! Aaaand then we hit a post-surgery complication. Thankfully it was an infection, which is probably the least severe of the options. Hopefully that will heal on its own with the meds he is already on. Now only needs ibuprofen instead of Percocet. 1 Clindamycin, 1 Prednisone, 1 ibuprofen, 1 mL penicillin no fluids needed.
Brutus- No treatment needed
Spook- no treatment needed
Rex- no treatment needed
Ginger- temp increases by 1.5 degrees, frostbite unchanged, breathing difficulties healed!, 1 oz aloe vera
Ollie- fracture unchanged, 1 ibuprofen given
Stella-Has a headache but no migraine or agitation from tail. 4 ibuprofen given.
Percy- Fever decreases-1 more time and then completely healed!, 1 Fluconazole
Copper- no headache, no meds needed

Well…we have to talk about Steel.He is now in septic shock and has a 50% chance of dying each day. And we have to send him to the Jubilife City Clinic for dialysis, which is hella expensive. I honestly had a brief moment where I considered euthanasia for Steel. But, if he does make a miracle turnaround and heal from his illness, he will be totally healthy with no lasting complications. So I am going to let Steel and the RNG decide his fate. Every day is going to be a major roll of the dice from here on out.

Even Ace gave me a heart attack today with developing a post-surgery complication. It thankfully isn’t a big deal, but if something else were to happen he may need yet another surgery. I really am glad I have a nice chunk of clinic funds in case things go south for my two problem children…

But honestly it’s amazing how many times I get to see “no treatment needed”. That makes it all worthwhile. I hope I get to see those words next to Steel and Ace someday.

Verity Lakefront

ekc78GRV-3jzvU1KbhJQp5M4vOvalpEs2L8jdzkWD2xwq7x8kl3FoGtrv5LrYBgfI-BDEVtdIIl_Gm4lOC8jck9dB97lzcH98AJPRyJ9GxhcTTuczG4XJ3fLKzRCRnVTrm1lkeq3dmCa4MCoAQ

Name: Bella
Species: Bibarel
Nature: Careful; Bravery points: 50
Ability: Unaware
Lore Rule: Descendent of Wishpoosh
Diagnosis: Broken toe on back right leg
Prognosis: 5% chance of healing increases by 10% per day. (now 70%)
Limitations: Without toe offloading boot, every physical move used would subtract 1% chance of healing per day. Shoe puts her slightly off balance, 5% chance of physical moves failing her first 3 days on the shoe (0/3 days left).
Treatment: Toe offloading boot and Ibuprofen for pain- ¼ 2 tablet.

Rt 202:

51PB_JlrFc93hIwyCMW9GGBkx_CPCT6sJvr2pDKh5uZ9rh2t5kCshpLJ9yM61FxTC8F_lA6r0IDFIDT9YbsbdqYZsvIc8608lQHZr2fiIwpyqy37wv5owAxGMagxnWP7p3hcBYga2bv3XQd1UQ

Name: Winn Dixie
Species: Kricketune
Sex:male
Nature: Lonely; Comradery points: +2 Rosie, +1 Bella, Mumble, Brutus
Ability: Shed Skin
Lore Rule: Living Violin
Diagnosis: Healthy
Prognosis:
Limitations:
Treatment:

Rt 204:

aQyWA3BUCynpOsnnfLxZPn7QrBdQKX8CecYzJRTMD7p7Tuuer-aXNEvP1T1zmIF_dS435YdU_MNat1K0kx6JELArRc18yC26FmGe9ZeBZ1KtPc651CtjsavExXrtPjqSUhKg7euW5TSBAa2KQw

Name: Rosie
Species: Budew
Nature: Serious; Leadership points: 0
Ability: Natural cure
Lore Rule: Thrown Bouquet
Diagnosis: Second degree burn to L leg
Prognosis: After one day, 5% chance of healing increases by 5% per day. Increases to 10% with cream (now 60%+5 for meadow=66)
Limitations: Moves that require movement have a 50% chance of causing too much pain to work. Decreases to 25% after 3 days of treatment (0/3 days left). This includes Growth in Rosie’s case. Infection risk if wound becomes dirty
Treatment: 1 gram fertilized Silver sulfadiazine cream

Oreburgh Gate:

lwAMg4XsNgf9ZmUkcNRRMaAdi0v-zsOpPZt_XU-4xTq-ixuzymI6lMvLR6A4ql03t9htD-sGwQHnBURX_02lfwSuZp8wUFVRZQxdCw_8--nWaQzkQ5dg7fSE6QufxGzYbffagdODcTurdoCOcQ

Name: Roxie
Species: Graveler
Nature: Impish; wisdom points: 0
Ability: Rock Head
Lore Rule: The Golem of Prague
Diagnosis: Severe erosion of the forehead and eyes, total blindness, mild common cold, partial hearing loss 2/2 erosion
Prognosis: Without treatment, there is a 40% chance of worsening/spreading, 55% stay the same, and 5% improve. With treatment, 25% worsen, 45% stay the same, 30% improve. For each day there is no change, the chances of improving increase by 5% (now 25% worsen, 40% stay the same, 35% improve). Now with cold worsening 30% worsen, 35% stay the same, 35% improve

Erosion worsens and spreads toward the ear holes. If worsens in this direction one more time, will affect the ears. Switch to hyper minerote: 20% worsen, 35% stay the same, 45% improve(with meadow) (now 20% worsen, 25% stay the same, and 55% improve): Improved! When improving, let’s say the hardening of the skin can happen in the same 3 directions as worsening, and once that part hardens it’s safe from spreading unless it starts to worsen again. RNG says it hardened on the downward sides toward the mouth. Now hardened on both sides toward the ears!

Erosion can spread in three different directions:

1. Downward toward the mouth.
  2. Across the surface and to the sides, toward where the Geodude’s ear holes would be (yes, we are assuming Geodude have ear holes)
  3. Most dangerously, the erosion could start to spread deeper into the Geodude’s head, affecting the brain.
Cold- Without treatment, 15% improvement, 70% stay the same, 15% worsen and for each day with no change both extremes increase by 5%. With treatment, 25% improve, 70% stay the same, and 5% worsen with chances of improvement increasing by 5% each day. Rolled a 97- cold worsened. Now has 20% improve, 65% stay the same, 15% develop pneumonia. 5% improving each day unchanged (now after improving 55% improve, 35% stay the same, 10% worsen). Cold improved! One more time and it will be healed.
Limitations: With the Geodude’s softened hide in eroded areas, being struck by an offensive move can cause fatal damage. Battling not recommended without protection. Being struck by water or other liquids will significantly worsen erosion.

Moves that require aim have a 90% chance of missing. For each successful hit using another sense, -1% when using that sense (hearing can now only increase by 50% total after losing L ear). Can train other senses (hearing, smell, touch) to compensate. Pokemon tend to have a dominant sense they rely on more when they lose one of their senses- in a Geodude’s case, I think it would be 20% smell, 20% hearing, and 60% touch- Roxy’s is touch. This means that she can learn to detect the enemy’s presence through their vibrations when they touch the ground.

Touch-82% fail

Smell-85%

Hearing-84%

For every battle participated in while sick, the chances of healing go down and the chances of worsening go up.
Treatment: 2 doses of Super or Hyper Minerote ($6 or $12). 1 tylenol.

Oreburgh Mines

26kd28HJIw6eFSjFKUD684Fe7XdMp19At486z1NlCfKfACgud8gFe4Dl8vUuCmHv4GpnyoYd4HtDlS5kAVJX0RojqoWn4iyureUsBaa3YAo6xZNORY2gh4_cjq02ADvLJhZuFKwbG1J6UspcPQ

Name: Steel
Species: Onix
Nature: Naughty, Respect points: 0
Characteristic: often lost in thought
Ability: rock head
Lore Rule: Mongolian Death Worm
Diagnosis: Severe infectious stomatitis/mouth rot
Prognosis: Gracidea Flower for 0/3 more days

With treatment, 10% (now 30%) each day of infection worsening (can spread to other areas, cause fever, cause sepsis)- infection has spread. Next time worsens will cause sepsis. Stop rolling for infection until sepsis is resolved. 5% infection healing increases by 5% each day (now 10%)-can’t heal until fever is gone. Wounds cannot heal until infection is gone. Infection worsens, canceled 5% healing. Developed fever. Since the fever is just starting, start at 2 degrees higher (now 1.5). Fever is likely to increase initially until it stabilizes and breaks. Now 50% increase, 25% stay the same, 25% improve (+5 meadow) -5% for not drinking one meal). If Steel refuses to drink water, chances of worsening increase by 10% and improve decreases by 10%. Fever is starting to break! Now 5% increase, 20% stay the same, and 75% decrease) with odds of decreasing increasing by 5% each day of no change.

Sepsis- starts at stage 1 (5% chance of death and 5% chance of blood clots each day and 20% chance of worsening that increases by 5% as temperature rises from fever). 20% chance of resolving that increases by 5% each day with an additional 5% as temperature drops- 25%+5%=45% meadow plus 3 temp drop). If worsens, goes to stage 2 and increases chance of death. At stage 3, septic shock occurs which has a 50% death chance. Even with Gracidea Flower, sepsis progressed to Stage 2. Without flower, 20% chance of death, 20% chance of blood clots, and 20% worsening to septic shock. Worsens to Septic shock. Now 50% chance of death each day, 20% blood clots. He is going to need dialysis, oxygen, daily IV fluids, and has a 25% chance per day of needing surgery.

Developed blood clot. Now two blood clots. For each, 10% each day of blood clot moving (now 20% after growing), 2% of clot growing (now 10% growing further). 5% chance dissolving increases by 5% each day (+5% for meadow, now 25%). Blood clot grew… Needs Warfarin. One dissolved.

Each time when caring for Onix, there is a 15% chance of dropping and wasting the medication and having to attempt again and a 15% chance of the Onix attacking you (decrease to 10% now with poor condition, now will not be difficult with Stage 2 sepsis). If the Onix attacks and you choose to have a Pokemon there to protect you, that Pokemon can be injured in the process (variable depending on the Pokemon) and the Onix may still get to you (50% if the Pokemon is injured). The trainer can then be either mildly injured or severely injured.

60% chance of not eating(will not eat while in septic shock). If Onix doesn’t eat for a whole day, already at risk of complications for malnutrition since he is a baby (did not eat for one day, loses 4% each time this happens- now at 92% with complications arising if below 90). If you try to feed him, roll for a potential trainer attack. Onix is 83.34 lbs. When giving fluids, since Steel is always difficult, he will only get a certain percent of the fluids on each attempt. For each attempt, 15% he attacks you and 15% he breaks the bag and spills the remaining fluids. If he gets 801 mLs and up, no penalty. 0-200 4% penalty, 201-400 3% penalty, 401-600, 2% penalty, 601-800 1% penalty.
Limitations: No biting moves. If enemy attacks hit mouth, 75% chance of worsening wounds and/or infection.
Treatment: Betadine ($16 for 16 ounces) applied to sores 4 oz , Cephalexin $15 for 20 (4 tablets). If too much weight is lost, may have to have high calorie food or a feeding tube put in.

Roark’s Onix is here for 0/2 more days

Now needs a vasopressor for decreased blood pressure 2/2 sepsis. Vasopressin $60 for 25 mL (3 mL per day). Also need small Rock Hide Needles ($20 for 50) Fluid intake is even more important so will need IV fluids if he does not drink even one meal during the day. Need a special kind of needle for rock pokemon. 50 mL liquids per KG per day. 83 lbs = 37 kg. So he needs 1850 mLs per day, so 925 per meal. Lactated ringers is $10 for 1000 mL bag. $20 per pack of 20 large Rock Hide Needles. Also addition of more antibiotics vancomycin for $45 for 10 mL (2 mL per day)

Warfarin for blood clot- 3 tablets per day. ($12 for 15)

*revisit O2 after Ace and Ginger*

$250 per day for dialysis at Jubilife City Clinic

Ravaged Path

pBslc5kF6qE9N3wXH9tpw7ByYfDKPnY84iRTLO0AjXzUawdoh56TDZXY_0kyWRlf91BFpBtRg3-Dic-TNaHcQlx59SvWolv6WnhXs8tcbOMRZEaqW-OudI22pZ2TZCWZF90-wBsGzx5Lc4NBig

Name: Luna
Species: Zubat
Nature: Lonely, Comradery points: 0
Lore Rule: Burned by the Light
Diagnosis: Rabies with mild bite wound
Prognosis: Rabies symptoms appear 5 days after exposure. How long ago was Luna’s exposure? Only one day ago- good. The sooner we catch it, the more likely the treatment is to work. After 5 days, with full treatment, there is a 10% chance that Luna is infected with rabies which decreases by 2% each day until there is no more risk. (0/5 days left, now 2%). If Luna does get rabies, she will have to be euthanized and she has a danger of attacking any clinic mons in the same room as her and also infecting them.

Bite wound- since it’s mild, only needs neosporin. 10% chance of healing increases by 10% each day (now at 30%). 5% chance of infection because of the nature of the bite. Healed!

Toxoplasmosis: Toxoplasmosis- with treatment, 5% chance of worsening, 75% stay the same, 20% improving. Improving increases by 15% each day with no change (now 5% worsen, 60% stay the same, 35% improve).

5% chance each day of spreading rabies to a nearby teammate if she does end up having rabies.

Limitations: Really shouldn’t be used in battle until confirmed that there is no rabies. If you do decide to battle with her, roll her chances of having rabies before starting the battle rather than at the start of the next day. Absolutely no biting moves until confirmed no rabies

Increased chance of infection if wound gets dirty.

Treatment: Rabies vaccine given on day of exposure, then again at 2 days, then 5 days, then 7. 0.5 mLs neosporin on wound twice per day. Next shot due on Day 9. 1 clindamycin

Gift

AUeVxg8fAyYn9pYj_cpSLGkAjtDWSE4qP_PKBMvSaQe9PoRP1HtNIm_giNfI6Q7qSXNaMrQ8Zpkq1DuioXBIAvZWrGvS-IUCdmvZUirkgHTUOPfo74R3hf4R3okLiJi8HM_Na1twuVKZbQGSXQ

Name: Woof
Species: Mew
Nature: Gentle, Assertiveness points: 20 (no mercy for Jupiter or Skuntank)
Ability: synchronize
Lore Rule: One with All
Diagnosis: mild asthma
Prognosis: 5% chance each day of having an asthma attack, 5% each day of developing worse asthma
Limitations: With treatment, 1% chance each turn of having an attack. If an attack occurs, Mew must be switched out and cannot participate until the battle is over.
Treatment: Short term rescue inhaler needed in case of attacks. Can be used to prevent attacks for 4-6 hours or to stop an attack. If worsens, daily meds may be necessary.

Gift

H05h6zFBiiFJ2wdGTawKwPKwJreclp5iLXkEj0AJ6U6tk4rhSdLt6CJgW_uKjJCbUCqGOLxtsjqrYlt-mU7AXpWKl71yeEBWINvqz_ilnIm65Kvm5ENizGHMbxFkmXnKTQ6zqXFJgLXXvODrOA

Name: Lucky
Species: Jirachi
Nature: Hardy
Ability: serene grace
Lore Rule: Jinn / Genie (trapped)
Diagnosis: Mild auditory sensitivity 2/2 autism and mild anxiety
Prognosis: Auditory sensitivity improves with treatment. Anxiety has a 5% chance of worsening each day. 5% chance each day of having an anxiety attack. Anxiety worsened: now 10% chance of worsening further and 10% chance of improving on its own. 10% chance of anxiety attacks after worsening. Will need meds if worsens again.
Limitations: If hit by a sound-based move, Jirachi must leave the battle and needs a 5-turn recovery period before being able to return to battle (now 70% chance of needing to switch and 4 turns out with headphones). 50% chance of triggering an anxiety attack when hit by a sound-based move (now 60% chance with worsening anxiety). If an anxiety attack occurs, Jirachi will be unfocused for the next 2-4 hours and has a 50% chance of using a random move instead of the selected move in battle.
Treatment: Noise canceling headphones gives a 75% chance instead of 100% of needing to switch out ($40). Also reduces recovery period to 4 turns. Every time Jirachi has to switch out and is able to switch back in after the recovery period, add 5% likelihood toward not needing to switch out. For every 25% earned this way, reduce the number of recovery turns needed.

If anxiety worsens, may need to consider medication

Valley Windworks

N6hkVPrSIHZ8prq1i3okbvJff2YdOZwcBhejbI2yGux8iUH4tjCrIAXjjDrf2Dj6cacZQXqIotlrRS10WqTBuZJyFMZoWdor-nHekkEuqfw1Npt5h4APTwcKabBEj208-jPU01ZN1he-RX17_Q

Name: Ace
Species: Buizel
Nature: Adamant- Aqua Tail, Strength
Ability: swift swim
Lore Rule:Bad Omen
Diagnosis: Severe toxoplasmosis
Prognosis: Toxoplasmosis can only heal when all three of its symptoms are fully healed.

Fever- a fever is classified as anything between 2-10 degrees higher than normal. Once you hit 5.5 degrees higher than norm, you are at risk for seizures. Since this is severe, we’ll randomize between 4-6 to see where our fever is starting. RNG says 6 (now at 5.0, decreasing again). If fully hydrated, fever has a 20% chance of decreasing, 65% stay the same, and 15% increasing (now 20% decrease, 55% stay the same, 25% increase). Fever breaking- (55 decrease, 30% stay the same, 15% increase; each day of no chance add 5% chance decrease, now 45% decrease, 45% stay the same, 10% increase) Each increase or decrease is by 0.5 degrees. Each day with no change increases both extremes by 5%. Each day increasing increases worsening and decreases no change by 5%. Decrease indicates fever starting to break. 15% chance of seizures. Absense, tonic, tonic-clonic (⅓ each). Tonic-clonic has 15% chance of brain damage and 5% chance of death. Buizel may refuse to eat and drink- if refusing to drink, needs subcutaneous fluids. 40% chance of not eating and/or drinking. Eating won’t present a problem unless he doesn’t eat for several days in a row.

Pneumonia- Since he is a baby, he is more heavily affected by pneumonia. With medication, 10% improve per day which increases by 5% each day on meds (now 25%-pneumonia improved! One more time and he will be healed of pneumonia. If we didn’t have the lobectomy he would be able to be off at least the Penecillin if not the Oxygen). 20% chance each day of worsening (now 10% after improving). If it worsens, Buizel is at risk for the following conditions: respiratory failure requiring a ventilator, sepsis which causes the infection to spread, or lung abscesses which require surgery to correct. May also need supplemental oxygen. Pneumonia worsened, now needs Oxygen and penicillin. 15% improve increase by 5% each day (now 45%), 15% worsen. If worsens again will develop one of the above symptoms. Now that he is no longer a baby, chances of improving increase by 5% and worsening decreases by 5%.

Developed lung abscess- will need surgery.

Eye infection- will heal as condition heals. If other conditions worsen, the eye infection will worsen. If worsens, can cause blindness and infection may spread- if spreads to brain, increase likelihood of seizures. For each improvement made without anything worsening, 5% chance of eye infection healing (now 10%). Infection worsened after being hit with Mud Slap, if eye infection/general condition worsens again, infection may travel to brain or become septic.

For each warm-blooded Pokemon he is in contact with, there is a 25% chance of the toxoplasmosis spreading to them.

Lobectomy: 15% chance each day of complications post surgery until off pain meds (decreased by 1% each day, now 12%). Complications can include infection, collapsed lung (may require needle aspiration or chest tube pr surgery), bleeding (if worsens may result in collapsed lung that requires chest tube or another surgery), pleural effusion (needs more meds). 25% each day of being able to return from hospital, increasing by 25% per day (now 50%).

Developed Lung infection. 10% chance of improving increases by 5% per day and 5% additional for each temp drop from now on (10%+5% meadow=15% total). 10% worsening increase by 5% per temperature increase. Fever has increased chance of raising back up now.

Limitations: If participate in battle for more than 3 turns per battle, increase chances of worsening by 2% per extra turn. Moves like smokescreen can cause worsening pneumonia. If eyes become dirty in battle, increased risk of worsening.
Treatment: Antibiotics and corticosteroids for the illness itself and pneumonia. Clindamycin 1 tablets and prednisone 1 tablet . Ibuprofen 1 tablet and Subcutaneous fluids if needed for fever(65 lbs=30 Kgs, x50 mL per kg is 1500 per day. After pneumonia worsens, oxygen via nasal cannula via concentrator and penicillin 1 mL ($50 for 10)

Lobectomy: Needs heavy pain meds (Percocet- $57 for 60) 1 per day for 3 days (0/3 days left) and then ibuprofen 1 per day for 4 days 4/4 days left.

Floaroma Meadow

5vdJmoszcSBwF9iFZTTJgZbcbhEnzuGzT26tf2VaVafDxqcgEeroAU0ROPuzfk5UYnX9nZEEROgZ4z_BPB-dx_HeVRW5r4wVzumXJMk9-6OnfQRxPtKK8yOStOXNOulULWeiY7shmknHBNm2yw

Name: Bo
Species: Beautifly
Nature: naive, Wisdom points: 0
Ability: shed skin
Lore Rule: A living soul
Diagnosis: Moderate chrysalis malformation and moderate wound with large piece of flesh missing- wound caused wound on future Beautifly’s R front leg
Prognosis: While hatching, there is a 30% chance of needing assistance. Upon hatching, there is a 50% chance of defects if assistance was needed to hatch and 25% chance if not. Each day spent in the cocoon increases these odds. Since I intend to evolve him right away, I won’t do a prognosis for the flesh wound. Prognosis for Beautifly’s leg wound will be determined on evolving.

Hatched: did not need assistance and has no additional defects on hatching.

Wound on R front leg: moderate or mild? Moderate. Let’s say he will need stitches involving sedation and then neosporin. Use same as cats. Beautifly is 63 pounds! After 1 day (0/1 days left), 5% chance of healing increases by 5% each day (now 45%). 2% infection risk per day with neosporin.

Limitations: Being struck in battle will worsen both conditions. Further limitations to be determined on evolving.

Infection risk

Treatment: Evolve as soon as possible. Additional treatment may be needed on evolving. Sutures and sedation. 1 mL neosporin.

Rt 211:

tJEZNf1CBW3u4tyKFlOh2d9X7JYwH40ubEUepj1ANaWHKRZs3czgzzPYBmwr6mcC3fLujQjCo_avfOOQjjRpvdbqbRjx5GskHbhPIwam_CsjMv756LQNGJBXaYfJ-4jUAxly0x0tb3MVIGL_LA

Name: Macy
Species: Medicham
Nature: Mild; Leadership points: 0
Ability: pure power
Lore Rule: Chosen of Ardhanarishvara
Diagnosis: 4 mild cut injuries (Body-back, Right forearm, forehead, left upper arm) from being ambushed by harpies at night

Mild phobia of darkness

Prognosis: Each cut has 10% chance of healing increasing by 10% each day with treatment (now 40%), 2% chance of infection each cut with treatment (L upper arm wound healed, then R forearm and forehead cuts healed)
Limitations: Infection risk until cuts are healed

50% chance of refusing to participate in battles when it is dark (now 0%). Can reroll once per turn until she is able to be sent out.

Treatment: 1 mL of neosporin ; for every KO she makes in darkness, -1% of refusing to battle. -15% for evolving

Mt Coronet:

gZji-CB_rcIDSOGfnO-gAYoF8xrPcra_83g5uKcqETbgHc2rII_WIYD_4l_zMkbZfbGVve7awxpI1XpK0F23SmmFvGsQidWV-IoauDjkMBCvaf36qWmgKWp6LrNl_v0FeEB1BEg127T_Xkw99A

Name: Nelly
Species: Chimecho
Nature: Careful; Bravery points: 75
Lore Rule: Tsukumogami
Diagnosis: Mild separation anxiety
Prognosis: When away from trainer, 50% chance of having an anxiety attack. Decrease odds by 5% for each day without an anxiety attack when away from trainer until the condition is completely resolved. If an anxiety attack occurs, 5% chance of her condition worsening. More severe separation anxiety may result in destructive behavior or self injurious behavior.
Limitations: At risk of anxiety attacks when off the team. If an anxiety attack occurs, 50% chance of using a random move in battle for 2-6 hours.
Treatment: Improves each day spent apart without an anxiety attack. May need to consider medication if condition worsens.

Old Chateau:

Ny-Anz4fAuE_eb0ilv4B6nelagm2RnLZi8G3wiHGjoG8fDDW0S6Y5yCxwUQLzTMDVrLzz8Cg7zUxubycHLgbOsi2Q9KLOHkGtnEU3jOB3am6PJOFRBhX_NBuwkCTRkc9GoqOW-trM1sonLzBqw

Name: Spook
Species: Gengar
Nature: Lonely; Comradery points: (3 Macy, 3 Brutus,3 Nelly, 1 Lucky, 1 Woof, 3 Beethoven, 2 Bella, 1 Rex, 1 Copper)
Characteristic: nods off a lot
Lore Rule: Kitsunebi (Fox Fire)
Diagnosis: This Pokemon is at the end of its lifespan as a ghost and will pass on to the next world in a certain amount of days (1-13)
Prognosis: 32/34 days left (2/6 for Spooky Plate)
Limitations: if the Pokemon is hit by 13 super effective moves, it will die instantly (currently at 2)
Treatment: Having it hold a ghostly item (such as a Spell Tag or Spooky Plate) doubles the lifespan. Visiting a haunted area adds 3 days. When one of your Pokemon die, add 3 days. Being near a Psychic type Pokemon (on the team at the same time or in the same boxed area) adds 2 days. When his level reaches a multiple of 13, add 2 days. When he learns a new ghost, psychic, or dark move, add 1 day. Add 3 days for evolving. Certain trainers (such as ghost gym leaders) may be able to assist with prolonging the process.

Canalave Underground (Spacious Cavern):

D4w_sYeag-CgaHx0xK4sb_xJxpn1fUIJOFVRbmg5pFSyVBbiFdmuOWyjYO86Xc2mNJAxMlkH8K3S5P1CCd5WERsI6zLwYnwpiBWkeGMRzgHmlgiTOrwnhibIpoD1kP9g2XgoIQjYHO3USWSc3Q

Name: Beethoven
Species: Lickilicky
Nature: Hasty; Wisdom points: 6
Characteristic: proud of its power
Ability: own tempo
Lore Rule: Sticky Tongue
Diagnosis: mild acute moist dermatitis/hotspot on head
Prognosis: With treatment, 5% chance of healing increasing by 5% each day (now 25%). 2% chance each day of becoming infected or spreading. 5% chance each day of the Pokemon itching the spot and causing it to either break open or spread. If it breaks open, start the healing process over from the beginning.
Limitations: infection risk
Treatment: Chlorhexidine solution applied to area 1 oz per day ($16 for 16 oz). If the condition worsens, may need to consider special shampoo and/or antibiotics.

Fossil:

DcTG9ahnfegPK5YJZ5ZPx5o8AxoS9ZEnkowobQYwn8846DeeZnTEO0PEoCz796yUmE8NQOiRGV4mchUDcR47-F1GSwTMHaOsiyGFQyBagKrIUg7hoOyJjHZsBN92qC3FZbHR4eErfcHpWXYJrw

Name: Rex
Species: Rampardos
Nature: Sassy; Respect points: 100
Characteristic: alert to sounds
Ability: mold breaker
Lore Rule: Dragon Ancestry
Diagnosis: Mild Pyrite Disease on belly
Prognosis: With treatment, 5% each day of crystals spreading and possibly causing further complications. With each day without spreading, these odds decrease by 1% until zero, where the impairment is resolved (now 1%).
Limitations: There is a permanent crack where the crystals were removed. If hit by a water move, he is at risk for erosion.
Treatment: Removal of crystals- this will require sedation and a chisel for his rock skin. Cranidos is 69 lbs Using our calculation for sedation, he will need 7 units. It’s $15 for a good stone chisel.

Poly Vinyl Acetate Solution. The solution is $14 for 8 oz. (1 oz per day)

50% chance of being difficult for care. If difficult, 15% chance of losing the medication and 15% chance of being attacked.

Rt 206:

sljllT-8jBffi2s4cbIJ32LJrZ_HdK0yoTu9QGadNhMcottDFvNAk9RUDdBoDRxdkNkaqYWz0E9zxBlrAF9YhnUwFUeEvKCvSRF94mic0v4LFaZF46H41lJy5PlMvzMntZNG5FpYQ_tPFyyKuw

Name: Ginger
Species: Ponyta
Nature: Bashful; Confidence points: 6
Ability: Run Away
Lore Rule: Unicorn Ancestry
Diagnosis: Moderate Frostblood Coma and frostbite on all limbs
Prognosis: Ponyta will wake up from her coma after she comes up to stage 2 hypothermia. Stage 3 hypothermia is anywhere between 17-24 degrees below average internal body temperature (RNG says Ponyta is at 20). So once she increases to 16 degrees below, she will wake from the coma. With full treatment, increase by 1.5 degrees per day (now at 9.5 degrees below).

In order for Ponyta to be able to use her Fire moves again, her internal fire will have to reignite. For each degree her body temperature increased under our care, she has a 1% chance of having her fire reignite every time she tries to use a Fire move (now 6%).

With treatment, frostbite has a 5% chance of healing increasing by 5% each day for each leg (now 40%+5% meadow=45%)-back left leg healed, front left leg healed, front R leg healed. 3% infection risk.

Once woken from coma, breathing difficulties have a 10% chance of resolving increasing by 10% each day (now 50%+5% meadow=55%). Healed!
Limitations: Unable to battle until woken from coma. Unable to use fire moves until internal fire ignites. Physical moves have a 95% chance of failing which decreases by 1% for every degree risen until back to normal and then by 1% for every physical move used successfully (now 32% fail rate). Also increases by 25% when internal fire is reignited. Fire moves also follow this percentage once fire is reignited (47% success rate). Infection risk until frostbite heals.
Treatment: hot packs ($12- will need two for one to heat while the other is in use) and space heater ($75) will increase the rate of temperature rising. Just being indoors increases internal temp by 0.5 degrees per day. Hot packs and space heater increase by additional 1 degree per day (0.5 each).

Oxygen via nasal cannula until her breathing improves (good thing we got that concentrator!). Except lol nope, Ace is using it now. So we now need either another one or an oxygen tank. Except maybe not- one tank is $83 and it only lasts 8 hours before it has to be refilled-which costs $5, so we would need at least two tanks and then $15 per day to maintain them. I can also rent another concentrator for $40 per day. After some quick mental math, I do think it would be better to bite the bullet and get the tanks.

IV fluids until awake from coma. Ponyta weighs 66 lbs. 50 mL liquids per KG per day. 66 lbs is about 30 kgs, so she will need 1500 mLs per day.

Normally an NG tube would be used to provide nutrition for someone in a coma, but they are at least $1000 to put in and also cost a lot for the feedings themselves. Before buying her other treatments, we have $847.02. That would have to be a grant. However, given her current prognosis, she is only going to be in the coma for 3 days. Since baby Pokemon are especially vulnerable to malnutrition, let’s say she’ll lose 4% for every day she doesn’t eat. After 3 days, this will only put her in the mild malnourishment category, so we will be able to treat her with high calorie food when she wakes up (although it will have to be a different kind than what Blue is getting and will probably be more expensive). Now at 92% ideal body weight. Woken up- $20 to feed her high calorie food per day- gains 2% back per day (now 98%)

Aloe Vera cream for frostbite $24 for 16 oz; 1 oz (one per leg per day)

Rt 208:

EpmB6EQQRw0Ypu_D-Eecd7lpn9w5GjF0tNCsuIjYFS6rasF_ZwmlM5kZ9n4KzdtghIHAlrofM1Efd2CP3SnnuUp8lADlV-Di1170-oqR8p46zoacvaVB-Bae8HHdmCgvdPZk4sWmPcHxpUZosw

Name: Ollie
Species: Psyduck
Ability: Cloud nine
Lore Rule: The Legend of the Golden Duck
Diagnosis: Moderate open comminuted left ankle fracture
Prognosis: Now partial- 5% chance of fracture improving increasing by 10% each day (now 20%+5% hot springs=25%). When improving, weight bearing status is upgraded (toe touch, partial, and then full) and then the improvement process starts over until full weight bearing is achieved. 5% chance each day of accidentally putting weight on foot. If this occurs, chances of improvement do not increase that day and there is a 50% chance of worsening the condition.

Wound has a 10% chance of healing increasing by 10% each day (now 50%+5% for hot springs=55%). 2% chance of infection with meds
Limitations: Battling is not recommended until weight bearing status is upgraded- ideally waiting until full weight bearing. Physical moves have a 90% chance to fail when non-weight bearing, 75% for toe touch weight bearing, 50% for partial weight bearing, and 25% for full weight bearing. Will improve with successful hits. Each physical move used has a 5% chance of accidentally putting weight through injured foot.
Treatment: Crutches ($15) or walker ($35). 35% chance of being unable to figure out crutches and needing to use a walker-RNG says he is able to use crutches. Small ankle immobilizing boot ($30). Needs sedation for stitches and reduction of fracture (manually moving the bone to where it’s supposed to be in order to heal properly). Psyduck is 43 lbs.

1 ibuprofen and 1 mL neosporin

For every successful physical move, -1% chance of failure. Can choose to use special/status moves in a physical way in order to train this stat.

Valor Lakefront:

hZ1kwAeje20cfi44mlJGHlUK2bjoCimttT4M0bw3LE00YOTf0cMb6QEZb_l_7XzZ7ulVl4GqCjLI4Ozyp--ePSANiCyTPR9QCohlZx_PPTPzN6fnr6W6dLc98M9fEOSfGqeKraUPM2fFX5LUAg

Name: Stella
Species: Girafarig
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: mischievous
Lore Rule: Chimera
Diagnosis: Moderate illness- Mental Permeability. This is when a psychic Pokemon is unable to block out hearing the thoughts of other Pokemon, which can cause headaches and for the Pokemon’s psychic moves to fail.
Prognosis: 75% chance of headaches each day (70% with psychic support-20% for secret medicine, -5% for hot spring)=45% total. 25% chance if she has a headache that that headache is a migraine (20% with psychic support-15% with secret medicine)=5% total. Certain conditions can increase or decrease her mental permeability.

Each day, the head on her tail has a 25% chance of being so agitated by the mental noise that it attacks herself or a nearby Pokemon (50/50 chance) and may cause injury (now 20% with psychic support, secret medicine decreases by 15%)-now 5%.

Once she has a migraine, it may last for several days. 50% chance each day of resolving with migraine medications.

If she develops invasive thoughts, 10% chance each day of worsening and 25% chance of resolving increasing by 10% each day without attacking anyone.
Limitations: If hit by a dark or ghost move, roll immediately for a headache with odds of it turning into a Migraine increasing to 50%. If on the team with a dark or ghost type, odds of headache and migraine increase by 10%.

If she has a headache, can only stay out in battle for 5 turns at a time, needing a 2 turn rest break. With meds, changes to 7 turns with one turn rest.

If she has a migraine, with meds, 3 turns max in battle needing 3 turn rest breaks. If an enemy uses a move that is noisy or bright against her, cannot battle for the rest of the day.

If an enemy uses a dark or ghost move on her, 25% chance that it causes invasive thoughts that have a 50% chance of causing her to attack the trainer or nearby Pokemon.

While having a headache or migraine, 75% chance of psychic moves failing.
Treatment: Being hit by a Psychic move helps to fortify her mind- decreased chances of headaches and migraines by 5%, and decrease chances of tail head aggression by 5%. This only counts for one wild Pokemon battle and one psychic move per trained Pokemon.

Each day without any mental disturbance increases mental fortification by an additional 5%. Once chances of developing a headache goes down to 0, the condition is completely healed.

Being in the presence of another Psychic Pokemon increases mental fortification by 5%-Lucky and Woof.

In case of headache, 4 ibuprofen. Will need stronger meds if migraine occurs (Sumatriptan for $32 for 10 tablets) Wow why are migraine meds so expensive?! I’ll wait on buying those until she has a migraine).

May need antipsychotics if she experiences a mental disturbance and it becomes severe.

Rt 213:

4DKC54aPo5E_RfbqOqGMUs6OaIaxS0muCATVfX4cPJmSVBGIagbS1dLY25Owb4PcPucMTmevJCgK5hxVMaTBVoq0SyOvbUCGyILtln3s0IbgapEMA7l0RkpHWFGbYzNgYxYNIWtnCJ_50obekA

Name: Percy
Species: Wingull
Ability: Keen eye
Lore Rule: Burden of the Albatross
Diagnosis: Moderate illness- Valley Fever
Prognosis: Since moderate, fever is 3 degrees higher than normal temp (now 0.5 degrees). Each increase and decrease is by 0.5 degrees. Fever has 50% increase, 35% stay the same, 25% improve. Each day with no change increases chance of improving by 5%. Once improving, fever odds change because fever is starting to break. Already improving! (10% chance increase, 20% stay the same, 70% decrease)+hot springs. At seizure risk if fever reaches 5.5 above. 10% chance of developing nausea.

With meds, cough has a 20% chance of healing increasing by 10% each day. Cough healed already!

Rash- 5% each day of scratching open rash. Rash has 10% chance of healing for each drop in temperature (now 40%).

Scratched at rash and now has small wound. 2% infection risk, needs neosporin. 10% heal increase by 10% per day

2% chance each day of developing meningitis
Limitations: Should not be in battle for more than 3 turns per battle 2/2 fatigue. Each turn spent in battle past the initial 3 causes a 2% increased chance of bad effects.
Treatment: fluconazole 1 tablet per day ($24 for 30). Cough syrup 1 oz per day ($6 for 12 oz). 1 ml Neosporin

Rt 212:

Hjux9dG1KRuN1A8jaAgQR-sQqfnhC33hat4BoE3uT8rJAG1XSWb9gR6Ku0l7TJ3Zgewtf-iPJ2mKxujOpokdZX2YTsRI-91dfpxUndcfzj0Z8049I_UD0tKodZguEQzJOS2d5FgKuYkQGE6QeQ

Name: Cooper
Species: Quagsire
Characteristic: strongly defiant
Ability: water absorb
Lore Rule: Alp-Lauchra
Diagnosis: Mild illness: cat allergy
Prognosis: When an allergy attack occurs with direct contact from a feline, 1% chance of triggering anaphylactic shock
Limitations: If not on Benadryl When battling against a feline, or when switching into battle for a feline teammate, an allergy attack occurs and 25% the selected move fails because of itching.
Treatment: If needed, Benadryl ($8 for 48) 1 per day if in close quarters with feline teammate. Can take 0.5 for a random exposure to ease symptoms.

CelesticTown Underground-Stargleam Cavern:

e62ugTQ7qOR0HX6507ME1e3qv3q0bt8DpfP2180KmuoBmZxAcnKYpkHShMW2tK_v93EWm6VKFc_I_6aoJO3iRFi6VJN5kRcQBzAwB77Juo7DaGIUIwtnIX_e2vpaJymYKsbfF5rTAzO1aLQQbw

Name: Copper
Species: Bronzor
Nature: Adamant (heavy slam, swagger) 5 rerolls from Macy and can choose one thanks to Byron’s gift.
Characteristic: impetuous and silly
Ability: Levitate
Lore Rule: Mirror Mirror on the Wall- Nelly’s rule, on team until Snowpoint
Diagnosis: Mild injury- dent to head.
Prognosis: 90% chance of headaches decreases by 15% per day until at 0 (now 60%).
Limitations: None
Treatment: Dent puller to pop out dent ($10). Depending on pain tolerance, may need to be sedated (50%)-does not need to be sedated. 1 ibuprofen per day as needed for headaches.

Next time, we head to Iron Island and take on more Team Galactic bastards. But what I worry about more than anything is the next med pass…

Thank you all for reading, and we’ll see you next time when you check in to the Lucky Dog Clinic!

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Congrats to Brutus for completing his character arc! Now he gets to relax and retire for a while, which is nice for him. I will admit that reading Ginger's chart scares me because I keep associating her rising temp with a rising fever, but then I remember and get happy that she's recovering. Glad to see her and Roxie are doing so well!

Oh, I have a fondness for the name Copper since my grandparent's dog had that name. And oof with that nature and lorerule. At this point, in-game Specs will probably be storming into Volkner's gym to call him out on abandoning his pokemon because ouch! At least Copper and Nellie can bond over it though, and you got lucky with Levitate which is awesome! Heatproof just isn't useful in base-game Sinnoh because there's so few Fire types and Ground types/coverage are far more common.

Poor Steel and Ace, locked in the loop between stabilizing and then getting worse again. But at least Luna has fully recovered with no rabies! But yeah, it will definitely be interesting to see you handle the league with all these rules in place, though hopefully your team will be completely healthy during the fight. Not to mention that after getting all 8 badges, you'll lose the locks to your team which will let you get more versatile.

Good luck getting to Snowpoint and fighting Candice!

Time Master Eon

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
Hm, both Pokémon Volkener abandoned have reflective bodies, I wonder if he did it because of some crisis of identity and he couldn't (or still can't) stand to look at himself. Doesn't excuse it of course.

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. ???
Pokédex Entry
Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.
Its kinda making me sad all the other rock types recovered but steel is just getting worse though the poor baby is hanging in there so maybe just maybe

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
And Copper had a very well deserved evolution right after. Copper and Nelly might be the new power couple in town now that Brutus and Macy’s ship is…less prominent, considering Brutus’s species change and faster aging. Idk if you guys have been checking the medical charts, but Brutus has one more week until he’s an elder…
Yeah, that does make things awkward, doesn't it?

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A very small trash boy last seen clawing themself out of the gender dumpster.
Oh I am so glad Simba is okay! The RL RNG rolled for healing!

He's. Not 100% okay. He's still having the tiny seizures multiple times a day, but he genuinely is just behaving like he has been for months. My mum doesn't even notice them when he's sitting on her lap (it's winter and she has blankets, of course she can't!) but I continue to pick up new and interesting scratches for my collection. The current consensus is that as long as he's happy we'll keep using the medications, and if he ever shows signs of distress then we'll. Do what needs doing. I love him so much but HOLY MOTHER OF FLUFF am I having all the anxiety right now!

Gotta lock down a good guy like Shades who supports me in my nuzlocke endeavors even when he knows absolutely nothing about what I'm doing and all he sees is me crying in front of an RNG for hours on end~

Awwwwwwww~ Get you a partner who hugs you when the RNG makes you cry! :love: (There are genuinely few things I find cuter than a significant other supporting the weird and silly interests~)

But ugh. ANOTHER mon stuck on the team until Sunnyshore. Dual psychic types.

Let’s see what kind of doc-locke impairment we’re working with here before we make a decision.

RNG says they have a mild impairment with no secondary conditions…

……Damnit.

Sometimes the RNG does love to kick us right in the unmentionables.

I mean, I guess it’s kind of cute right? Copper (named because they copied lore rules, also after the hound in Fox and the Hound) must have been Nelly’s friend who also got abandoned by Volkner. And they came all this way to find her. And just like that, I am emotionally attached to a plate. DAMN IT ALL!!!

Welcome to the team, Copper! Bronzong is a seriously badass 'mon so I am far from disappointed by this development! Adamant Levitate Bronzong is pretty epic even without all the chaos this run is laying on you.

I decided to just go ahead and teach Beethoven Surf and use him for this gym.

With how I now envision Lickitung/Lickilicky as a giant Saint Bernard, this mental image becomes hilarious. Because those boys, they DROOL. Oh my god I'm dying XD

Then, Roxie finally got to come out for her first battle since healing!! I am bursting with pride.

:3::golfclap: We're soproud, Roxie! You made it, and now you're out there and living again! You're going to be the best.

And I had to take a screenshot because, I shit you not, homegirl actually made it. She landed her first hit. I am overcome with pride for this wonderful boulder.

The RNG obviously decided that now Roxie is fighting fit, she's going to be the most badass she can be!

Steel- Ate and drank both meals. Fever unchanged. Sepsis worsens back to stage 2 again…but he does not die or develop further blood clots. Blood clot does not heal, grow or move. given 4 oz Betadine, 4 tablets cephalexin (refill), 3 mL vasopressin,2 mL vancomycin, and 3 Warfarin. No fluids needed.

:ohdear: Oh god no, Steel, baby PLEASE...

Luna- Officially healed of Toxoplasmosis, meaning she is completely healed! She can now come out of the isolation unit FINALLY

Congrats Luna! Welcome back!

Woof- had an asthma attack, used inhaler

*holds up inhaler* Mood.

Ace- Ace gets to come home today!! Did not drink for one meal, have to give fluids. Fever went down again and we are now out of the seizure zone! Pneumonia unchanged. No complications post surgery. Eye infection only had a 10% chance of healing but it did! 1 Clindamycin, 1 Prednisone, 1 Percocet, 1 mL penicillin 750 mL fluids given

Ace! Ace sweetie! I'm so glad you're back! Let's just hope things keep getting better!

While fighting trainers, Brutus learned Quiver Dance, which is such an awesome move…My only problem is his lore rule. He has to have two psychic or ghost moves in his moveset, so I have to keep Rest and Psychic. I ended up begrudgingly deleting Air Cutter.

Awwwww foo. Still, Quiver Dance is absolutely disgusting in how broken it is, so I don't think any of us are gonna complain!

3) The Luring Water Horse [Kelpie, Each-uisage, etc] When caught 25% for every bipedal non-flying, non-hovering nonswimming pokemon in your party to be lured by this pokemon to ride it. If more than one pokemon is lured, randomize 1 among the lured. The lured pokemon is drowned and dies.

Since Macy and Beethoven would be at risk here, I declined the capture. Which sucks because a water/ground type that isn’t attached to another Pokemon would be super helpful right now. But I can’t risk such good sweet critters.

Yeeeeeesh. Yeah I wouldn't be taking that risk either.

Wow, I had no idea how dangerous Double Team and Endeavor could be.

Double Team/Endeavor can only be made more broken by adding Quick Attack and a Focus Belt. I'm scared shitless of that damn bird because of that combo. It caused me many a devastating casualty in Platinum...

Oh no... Damn the short life of a cute bug!

And then right after slaying that Onix, our Good Girl evolved! <3 And then I taught her Drain Punch. Byron doesn’t stand a chance.

*insert evil laughter here*

Brutus…I’m sorry you couldn’t do more in this fight. But you did your part. And while you were on this quest for revenge, you made some great friends. And you’ve learned that sometimes you have to allow those friends to help you when you need it. So, even though you didn’t get the epic warrior face off with the Steelix who maimed your old body, you still got to come in here and show them how you never gave up, despite all you’ve been through. And you’ve grown enough to let your friends take it from here. That, to me, is true strength. That’ll do, Brutus. That’ll do.

🖖 Live Long and Prosper, Brutus. You've more than earned it.

He is now at max comradery with Beethoven in addition to Brutus, Macy, and Nelly.

The spoop has so many friends now! <3

And now…It’s time for a bittersweet moment. Since the last two gyms are Ice and Electric, Brutus would only be in danger by staying on the team. And so, I think it’s Brutus’s time to stay in the Therapeutic Traveling Pasture. But honestly, who knows? With Quiver Dance he might be a good candidate to take to the League!

I mean, he's close to elderhood, and he's more than earned his peaceful retirement... But it would be just like him to return in his friends' time of need.

Quagsire really is such a good Pokemon and I very well may have to rely on him depending on how the rest of the game goes.

Quagsire is one of those mons that nobody thinks of first when thinking of a good teammate, but they're so solid and versatile that there's few teams that won't benefit from having one on board! I've used a few before, especially in HG/SS runs, and they always hold their own and survive.

Steel- Fever unchanged. Steel does not die or develop blood clots, but he does worsen to septic shock…Which is really really bad. He now needs daily fluids, oxygen, and dialysis at the Jubilife City Clinic. Blood clot does not heal or move, but it grows, which makes it more likely to move and cause even more problems. Will not eat while in septic shock-may need feeding tube if weight dips enough. given 4 oz Betadine, 4 tablets cephalexin, 3 mL vasopressin,2 mL vancomycin, and 3 Warfarin. 1850 mL fluids given. O2 tanks cost $15 per day to refill, $250 per day dialysis services at Jubilife City Clinic.

Oh god... :crying: Steel baby... please hold on... I don't want you to die! I don't care if you never become a battle mon, I just want you to get better! I'm so invested in the troubles of this baby snek...

Well…we have to talk about Steel.He is now in septic shock and has a 50% chance of dying each day. And we have to send him to the Jubilife City Clinic for dialysis, which is hella expensive. I honestly had a brief moment where I considered euthanasia for Steel. But, if he does make a miracle turnaround and heal from his illness, he will be totally healthy with no lasting complications. So I am going to let Steel and the RNG decide his fate. Every day is going to be a major roll of the dice from here on out.

*crosses everything they can cross* PLEASE. Please don't die...

Users who are viewing this thread