• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Sinnoh Written Log The Monstrosity- Chapter 18 is up early! 8/11/22

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Three rulesets, one Specs

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
I'm so glad for the turnaround for Steel and Ace; you can do it babies! And Ginger stepping up and being fully healed and now just focusing on improving herself is lovely! Congrats to Snowy on healing too; don't think I didn't see that there. And Nelly is such a brave girl now!

And that's one reason I don't do screenshot runs; I'd always forget to take pictures. At least Macy proved her badassery and swept the gym, even if she did have a single level advantage over the ace. Now the big things to worry about are the Galactic battles on Mount Coronet, and the Volkner one coming up because of that affect on Copper and Nelly. Things are looking to get interesting.

Good luck with rolling for Steel's surgery; let's get this rock snake healthy!

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A very small trash boy last seen clawing themself out of the gender dumpster.
Then I finally captured an enemy Pokemon with this shot.

Heh yeah, that's why my Shield Nuzlocke never got posted, because I suck at taking screenshots when I remember to take them at all!

Macy gets +1 leadership points and can now negate two nature rules per battle! Now we can get 2-6 rerolls per gym from Macy for Copper’s rules- RNG says we get 6 more! Now we have 11 total. Nelly gets 25 more bravery points and is now at 100 so she will not need to switch out anymore if she is under half health! Spook earns comradery points for the team and is now at: (3 Macy, 3 Brutus,3 Nelly, 1 Lucky, 1 Woof, 3 Beethoven, 2 Bella, 1 Rex, 2 Copper, 1 Ginger).

Well done, Macy! You absolutely dominated that gym! Candice is usually one of the Gym Leaders I'm most scared of so it's lovely to see her handled so nicely.

Two big wins for our problem children. Steel is back to Stage 1 Sepsis and Ace’s lung infection heals!

Oh my god, they might. They might actually make it! Please Mister RNG pleasepleaseplease Steel has tried so hard and Ace has been so brave, please

At this point, while fighting Grunts in the galactic hideout, Ginger officially has a 0% fail rate for her fire moves! After having her muscles essentially frozen and her internal fire put out, our little unicorn now has complete mastery over her physical self!

Ginger! Once again a darling comes back from flirting with death to be literally fighting fit. I'm so proud of our beautiful baby~

Galactic Santa also left us this little gift over here- a Max Revive. If someone starts to die from a doc-locke condition, a Max Revive gives them a 75% chance to be resuscitated as opposed to a standard Revive’s 50%.

I love how the doc-locke makes the normally useless Revive items worth hanging onto. One day I might actually sit down and do a doc-locke, just because it's got me so invested in mons in a way that I don't normally manage any more. (I do have mid-high hopes for Scarlet and Violet though...)

Okay so Steel’s blood clot is officially the elephant in the room that I can no longer ignore. I have had this snake since Oreburgh City. He has beaten sepsis. And he may be a brat, but I will be damned if I let a blood clot take him out after all this.

You can do it, Steel! You've fought death this whole time and we believe you can make it through! Show them that nothing stops a giant rock snek!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Fuck whatever Galactic's up to, I wanna know what's gonna happen with Steel's blood clot! We just lost Roxie, Ginger and Macy and Ace are all doing so well, don't wanna lose the giant tantrum-baby now DX

RisingMew

Currently yelling about Legends: Arceus
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A calm and nocturnal creature with a fondness for reading.
Wow, a much needed triumphant update after last time! You have no idea how happy I was to see Steel and Ace recovering like that--I was just grinning all the way through this update tbh! Even with the potential threat from Steel's blood clot, it definitely feels like the worst is behind both the Clinic's problem children :D And can we talk about how cool it is to see all the recovered Pokèmon kicking butt? Macy absolutely destroyed that gym, and Rex and Ginger put in the work at Galactic HQ! To think--Rex used to not listen to you and Ginger came to the clinic in a comatose state! And here they are now, tearing through Team Galactic with relative ease. That's just such a neat thing...you don't get that kind of triumph from a normal nuzlocke, for sure!

I am unbelievably eager to see how the surgery goes for Steel--I really hope this is the last big thing he'll have to deal with! Not to mention the fact that I find the mechanics of everything so fascinating XD The next two weeks can't pass fast enough!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Great to see the medical conditions of most of the clinic improving! And damn I feel you about the hardships of taking good screenshots, that's why I started using the Switch built-in screenshot feature (even though transferring pictures from using Wi-Fi it is hell and takes forever).

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
  3. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
(even though transferring pictures from using Wi-Fi it is hell and takes forever).
Do you have a microSD card? you can store the screenshots inside and then just take it out (with the Switch turned off) to get them out easily!
I think you can even do it by cable as well now — SD card will have them in year/month/day descending folders, while cable will have them by game

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
@Rubombee I honestly never tried either method and did it in the very tedious way of scanning the barcode and moving them through my phone. I should definitely try that for my next posted run!

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
  3. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
YOU SHOULD omg i can't imagine having to transfer so many of them 10 by 10 with qrcodes akdjkagdksl rip

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
steel's improvements are great, im happy for
him

same with ace's healed lung infection

FUCK YEAH RESOLVED SEPSIS

B) im so proud of everybody

now, it's time to get rid of that bloodclot! im just, really proud of steel and ace

they've had such a hard time

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
6p0uu1.jpg

:0 Anti-fever snowcones! It's always good when medicine can be made palatable. And they immediately came in handy! Oh, but Bear... :ohdear:

XLo1KV0.jpg

In the Underground, I found this really useful guy who has some nice TMs. I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted Earthquake or another Shadow Ball, and in the end I went with Earthquake. I may have to revisit him later on.
I don't think Traders sold TMs in the original Sinnoh games, and I actually used the Underground a lot, so I should know. This is presumably a replacement for the Trap salespeople, who you could give Spheres to in exchange for slightly blocking someone's way with a touchscreen-based hazard. This is an upgrade.

Doc Brock is pleased to see Steel's recovery! And so am I~
4e4eeaafac3efde02e8e7e8520df391a855bf762_hq.jpg

Now that he is feeling better, he is difficult for care again so I brought Cooper with me for protection.
Ah, but brats be brats. Hoping this brat can handle this last(?) hurdle, though!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Wow, way for Steel and Ace to go. For a while, they seemed like ticking time bombs. But now it looks like they might make it out of this. If they do, they would both be doc-locke miracles! Also if they do make it, please tell them to NOT, DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, I"M LOOKING AT YOU STEEL, pull a Roxie. You fought tooth and nail for their lives and they are going to enjoy it gosh dang it!

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Psychic
Caught up with everything and dammit I’m rooting for Macy to knockout that Garchomp for the lore.

I can’t wait for the Juicyness next time.

OP
Spectacles

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
@SimplyUnknown - I am bursting with pride for Steel and Ace. And it’s honestly nice for me to work with Ginger on something that’s not life or death! Aw, Snowy appreciates the acknowledgement. Yeah for a primarily screenshot run person I’m really bad at taking screenshots. And yeah this set of battles is one of the most challenging in any game, I think.

@LittleMercury - Hey, being awful at screenshots has never stopped me lol. Yeah Macy made Candace look easy! Ginger really is fighting fit, isn’t she? I love that-fighting fit. That would be a great name for my next doc-locke if I ever have my sanity lapse enough to do another posted one. As much as I (semi jokingly) advise against playing this ruleset, I have never felt more of a connection to my Pokemon.

@SayleeK - Priorities, right? The main game isn’t even in the back seat anymore-it’s in the trunk.

@RisingMew - Feels good to have things go well! It really is super fun to see healed mons finally getting to battle without worrying about illness or nature-related repercussions. My favorite part. Fingers crossed for Steel!

@RubyClaw - The healing just won’t stop and it feels amazing! Sounds like I have something to think about for when I do my next Switch run, although I honestly find joy in my shitty screenshots sometimes lol.

@Rubombee - Thanks for the screenshot taking advice! Maybe I will do that next time, although I sort of enjoy the chaotic energy of my shitty screenshot habits lol.

@bhelryss - So proud of Steel and Ace. Fingers crossed for no more blood clot!

@Bowser's Family Vacation - Excellent Avatar meme. I’m glad you like the snowcones- I love the idea of magical healing food. I think you’re right- I remember those traders with the traps and stuff in the originals. I never used them. Aw I hope I’m making Brock proud.

@ACottontail -I honestly didn’t think Steel and Ace were going to make it. YO if they do live they are NEVER leaving the box, I will have no more Roxies!

@Trollkitten - Nobody is ever going to pull a Roxie on my watch ever again!

@Duke_Maniac - Hey glad to have you on for the ride! I would love to see Macy just sucker punch Garchomp in the face.

Early update since I'm gonna be on the busier side this weekend so I figured I'd post early in case I don't have time to update! Enjoy! I can't believe we only have two updates left after this...

Alright, folks. We have two goals today.

First goal: fix our snake.
Second goal: save the world.

In that order of importance.

For those who may not remember, during our last med pass, Steel’s blood clot grew yet again. I officially don’t feel comfortable trusting the warfarin to break it up before something terrible happens, so it’s time for another surgery at the Jubilife City Clinic.

Now, this is not a decision I make lightly. There are risks involved with the surgery. The blood vessel can become damaged, he could hemorrhage, and the clot could dislodge and move during the process anyway. But the surgery is a short one, and it’s better than letting it continue to sit there and grow.

So here are our odds: After the first turn, 50% chance of surgery ending. Each turn, there is a 2% chance of death, 2% chance of hemorrhage, 3% chance blood vessel damage, 3% chance of the clot becoming dislodged and moving.

Alright then. Are we all agreed?

I think we are. Let’s begin!

Turn 1: No change (but we did roll and 88 which meant we were only 2 points away from a complication)
Turn 2: No change
Turn 3: Surgery ends!

Phew! Success!

And now we get the bill. Base $100 cost plus 3 turns gives us $400 total. No trouble with our nice big clinic fund!

I am again finding myself very grateful for our current financial situation. If we didn’t have the money for this procedure, we would have had to hope Steel’s medication would have been enough. However, the odds of the clot moving or growing were bigger than the odds of the clot dissolving. And if the clot moved, he could have had a stroke or a pulmonary embolism, which would have either killed him or caused another debilitating impairment.

The only other thing we have to watch out for now with his recovery is infections. He’ll have a 10% chance of an internal infection at the operation site which decreased by 2% per day. And then he will have the incision wound that needs to heal.

Anyway, we got our first goal accomplished! So I guess since we have a little extra time in our day, we can save the world or something.

1y7LBy2.jpg

On our way to the peak, we found quite a few revives. 2 standard and one Max.

fOUWFeA.jpg

Then Nelly learned Psychic.

Rd4d6x4.jpg

And, at this point, Ginger officially hit 100 Confidence points, and she no longer has to switch after three turns in battle against male and female Pokemon! Unicorn Queen~~~

aaJ7cJN.jpg
uIT3h4w.jpg

And now…our final showdown with Team Galactic.

rdb4aWR.jpg

Beethoven and Macy made short work of the grunts.

ZqW3xdm.jpg

These chibis kill me during these scenes. I just don’t understand the decision making that went into making this game.

lXlLzNv.jpg

Jupiter, it’s a pleasure to kick your ass again. You’ll pay for what you did to Brutus!

aKhC0WZ.jpg

AND I’M NOT NERVOUS AT ALL AS YOU CAN TELL BY MY VERY STEADY SCREENSHOT

EYOpewn.jpg

My gameplan was to knock out all of Mars’s Pokemon first so that Jupiter would have to take us on 2v1. Rannumgen’s plan was to do whatever tf he wanted, which is par for the course.

l2I7ksl.jpg

The Bronzor managed to set up Light Screen and confuse Munchlax, and then Purugly came out. Thankfully, the enemy Pokemon targeted Munchlax most of the time so that Beethoven had Purugly in the red by the time Munchlax KOd Bronzor and Skuntank came out. My worst nightmare was having both these monsters out at once. But in two turns Beethoven knocked off Skuntank’s berry so it couldn’t use Belch and he was then able to take out Purugly on the next turn while Skuntank used Poison Gas.

G090aei.jpg

I did end up triggering Macy’s nature for the two allowed times to use healing items on Beethoven despite his hasty nature.

TkY75HA.jpg

Once Skuntank was down, the Golbats went down easy (it also helped having Infernape, easily Rannumgen’s most useful Pokemon and also the one I’m most afraid of when I face him later).

lhdcMGQ.jpg

And then we get thrown right into Cyrus. I would have preferred to have Rex out front, but Beethoven is a good option too.

ruTFOg0.jpg

Two Thunderbolts took our Honchkrow while a crit Night Slash took out about ⅓ of Beethoven’s health.

eGGycJ9.jpg

Then Gyarados comes out. Knock off got rid of his berry to make way for what was hopefully a 1HKO from Thunderbolt. Gyarados used Waterfall which had Beethoven at low yellow, so I was getting ready to use a healing item…

gtKr1XB.jpg

AND WHILE I WAS PUTTING THE CONTROLLER DOWN TO DOCUMENT I BUMPED IT OFF MY KNEE AND ACCIDENTALLY TOLD BEETHOVEN TO USE KNOCK OFF AGAIN!!!!

And right when I was literally falling off the couch screaming and about to shut the system off and start both battles over from scratch…Beethoven survives thanks to affection! He literally saved himself from a bullshit death. Beethoven, you are my slobbery pink hero. Also y’all better believe I am counting that toward his Wisdom points.

Who knew my greatest enemy was not Cyrus, not Cynthia, and not even the RNG. It was my own kneecap all along.

hi2FmGf.jpg

Then Weavile came out, and since Beethoven still has a lot of HP left I decided to see how he would do against it. But it used Dig right away, which gave us a great opportunity to switch.

iAmf6dc.jpg
cLfWjRw.jpg

Then Copper took little damage from Fling, KOd with Heavy Slam, and Extrasensory was a 2HKO on Crobat.

Copper, I’m gonna need you to keep that same energy for Dialga.

lHO6NtG.jpg

Copper actually resists everything Dialga can throw at them, so I’m feeling pretty safe with doing my best to aim for the catch. But first, the lore rule.

4) The Spirit of the Diamonds This pokemon is the embodiment of the royal, shielding unbroken properties of diamonds. Must lead every important trainer battle (Gym Leader, E4, Champion, Rival), and can’t switch for two turns. Must know a Rock type move if possible. Must know a Steel type move if possible. Must open every trainer battle using a Rock or Steel type move. Can only hold a Gem or Stone as held item. Considered Royal.

Yeah not a bad rule at all! Let’s go for it. In case anyone forgot, my rule of thumb for legendary use is that I can’t use it if I catch it with a Master Ball.

yXTUfHs.jpg

I decided for kicks to throw a Quick Ball which broke instantly. Then Flash Cannon did the above damage but unfortunately got the Special Defense drop.

DddyYHl.jpg

Mmmm okay that Roar of time came a little too close for comfort. Maybe I’ll just have Macy kill it now that we have a turn to safely switch.

tdTm0Yj.jpg

…Huh. Red health. Now we HAVE to go for the catch.

t8KDiJv.jpg

Beethoven helped us heal Copper while Dialga was recovering from Roar of Time.

And it took many healing items, all my Ultra Balls, some Poke Balls, Great Balls, a Heal Ball, and some Timer Balls…

9MBRcGD.jpg

But we finally caught Dialga in a Dusk Ball.

IS0KG5u.jpg

The ultimate dog name.

j5Sw8HK.jpg

That battle went on for a long ass time. Look at that PP. Thankfully he didn’t get any Ancient Power boosts unlike a certain other Sinnoh deity who traumatized me for life…

And now for Fido’s chart.

Lake Acuity:

_QMtfIPfi94pe4pXgM6KqbVXE5kz62FvdHGCfk5hCS60KOSt46UPzoGFau5g1a2y93kLjWchrRB7HrwkCAhzaTjouavKI5207Iv_9OWrkcgva4jjcPwHGtRF_XsX4ZW_00-8Qf7iyIw4PugD3ru2wQ

Name: Fido
Species: Dialga
Sex: neutral
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic:
Ability:
Pressure
Lore Rule: The Spirit of the Diamonds
Diagnosis: Moderate injury- spinal cord injury to T3 vertebrae from Macy’s Drain Punch. Is there permanent damage (25%)-No. Damage to spinal cord present causing temporary paraplegia.
Prognosis: After 3/3 days, vertebrae has a 5% chance of healing increasing by 5% per day. 3% chance each day of the injury worsening. After fracture heals, 75% chance of having pain decreases by 10% per day.
Limitations: If struck on spine by a physical move, 50% chance of reinjury. Moves that require movement have a 75% chance of failing, decreasing by 1% for each success.
Treatment: Will need specialized TLSO brace ($500). Ibuprofen 8 tablets per day for pain.

And that’s all she wrote for the dastardly Team Galactic. Good riddance.

For beating them once and for all, we get a $1000 monetary grant! And as a little gift from Dialga we get an item I made up called a Time Crystal, which allows us to bend time and roll for a Pokemon’s doc-locke conditions multiple times in one day. This essentially means that we could see each Pokemon’s impairments through to the end at our leisure without having to worry about waiting until the next day. I was kind of already planning on doing this anyway since we’re so close to the end of the game and some of these conditions aren’t going to resolve by the time we beat the league. But now it’s an official ruleset mechanic so I feel better about it lol

As far as this day goes, we have just enough time to get to Sunyshore City before the day ends.

VjEPoCb.jpg

Even though the level limit is gonna be shot anyway, I decided to use some other mons so that it doesn’t get totally out of hand.

TtcSrNc.jpg

I’m also finally playing in handheld mode so I took some time to polish my badges :) Sinnoh had such fun little mechanics.

J9JuCfN.jpg

I also found this Max Revive in the trash.

Z8LPjmC.jpg

And this was our encounter for Rt. 222.

3) Former Jester This pokemon used to be a Jester for a noble/rich person. Must have at least 2 of these moves if possible: Mimic, Encore, Substitute, Taunt, Copy Cat, Trick, Role Play, Baton Pass, Charm, Teeter Dance, Swagger, Attract, Torment, Confide. Captivate.

Quite a harmless rule honestly. Although at this stage in the game I do have a hard time making myself create a whole chart on a Pokemon who I’m likely never going to use. I decided to roll for her doc-locke rules before proceeding. Turns out she only has a mild impairment. Oh, fine. I don’t see why not.

Rt. 222:

yynmWQo6IzH0X66hfLrtY6kSdHansf0kdM1mQln-E0j8fLhh23efulz89SaPIWNkW5IGx_hveNQ0IzmiZZqLjCxE06DjiK6TRRZ1lm2SPYYpnpTBYD0Pc7U3z-7kopmMZkta9PJrZMECkDKOWWTmpw

Name: Gracie
Species: Mr. Mime
Sex: female
Nature:
Characteristic:
Ability:
Lore Rule:
Former Jester
Diagnosis: Mild illness: UTI
Prognosis: 10% healing increases by 10% per day (now 20%). 10% each day of developing fever. 3% chance per day of developing confusion.
Limitations: None unless confusion develops
Treatment: Ciprofloxacin 4 per day (10 for $20)

75ICjIT.jpg

It is nice getting to battle with Bella and I’m really glad I brought her along. She’s such a good Gyarados slayer. Every dead Gyarados is a win for the souls of Spike and Mumble.

Everything was going smoothly.

….And you all know what that means.

0yIuIpu.jpg

We lost a good one on the way to Sunyshore.

I don’t even have any screenshots of the battle because it was just so…routine. There was nothing about the battle that made me think screenshots were necessary.

It was a one on one battle with a trainer’s Lopunny, and I had Spook out front. Lopunny isn’t one for dark coverage like literally everything else in this game, so I kept him out.

We opened with Confuse Ray, and Lopunny hurt herself. Off to a good start.

Then Spook scored an affection-based crit with Dark Pulse. Lopunny is at low yellow health. I thought we had one more move to get the KO.

That’s when the thing used Mirror Coat. It was a one hit KO.

I was completely stunned. Mirror Coat was not even on my radar.

Pso28Xk.jpg
BbrAOy0.jpg

So I sent out Brutus to rain avenging death down on the bitch.

uzVbSpu.jpg

Spook, I am so sorry this had to happen to you. When you came to us, your days were literally numbered, and I didn’t think you were long for this world. But then, slowly over time, we adventured together. You built friendships with the team despite your lonely nature. We saw new places and learned new moves together. And we even got to trade with someone from far away in order to evolve you. You finally decided that you wanted to stay. And Sinnoh took you anyway.

This is another death where I struggle to find a positive spin. It was just a cruel, cruel death. Hell, his very last move was powered by his affection toward me. And it makes me wonder: would things have gone differently if I had the main team? Would we have blown past that battle like all the others?

Or maybe we would have had a death on the main team instead and Spook sacrificed himself to prevent that from happening.

Regardless. You should be proud of yourself, Spook. Because if I’ve learned one thing from battling with you, it’s that Sinnoh absolutely despises Ghosts. Especially glass cannon Ghosts. Honestly the fact that you survived as long as you did was a small miracle.

So, Spook. I hope you are finally resting in peace. I take comfort knowing some of the friends you made along the way are there to welcome you to the great beyond.

Rulewise, Bella and Nelly are the only ones on the team who are affected by this, and they now have to switch or heal when at half health again.

4zSCsh0.jpg
RIjAWPG.jpg

I threw Bailey on the team, mainly so she could evolve.

Then we reached Sunyshore, and we went Underground for our final encounter. And this actually might be our last encounter for the whole game- I think it’s all dupes from here on out. Although frankly, I kind of hope it’s either dupes or I decline the catch down here because I really don’t want to put in the effort of making another chart this late in the game.

3GTSHys.jpg

1) Child of Behemoth Also considered Dragon as its main type for lore rule purposes. Must have at least two Physical moves if possible and exactly one Special move. You can’t use this pokemon in your party unless you have a pokemon which is higher level than it.

Not a bad rule. Let’s roll for the doc-locke rules.

…Sounds like he has two moderate impairments. So I’m definitely not catching this guy. I couldn’t even really use him for Volkner if I wanted to anyway with all the type coverage he has. There is just no reason for me to catch this Pokemon.

…What’s that whispering I hear?

…Oh, it’s the irrational guilt goblin. And he’s saying if I don’t catch this Pokemon it’s like I’m abandoning him to die a horrible death in the wilderness with a serious medical problem that I am fully aware of and absolutely have the means to treat.

nLMALQI.jpg

DAMN YOU, IRRATIONAL GUILT GOBLIN!

But! I am NOT making a chart for this guy because I am itching too bad to finish this game. So my solution to this is that I am going to send him over to the Jubilife City Clinic with $1000 and just have them handle it. THERE. FIXED.

And now it’s time to end our day.

And y’all.

This is the last med pass of the run.

At this point, with so little left in the game, time is just a formality. Most of our mons are healed. And we have a ton of money. And now that we have our Time Crystal from Dialga, I can essentially fast forward through whoever still needs to heal. Maybe I’ll do that right before the league.

But for now, here is our final med pass.

Med Pass Day 16:
Bella- no treatment needed
Winn Dixie- no treatment needed
Rosie- No treatment needed
Steel- STEEL’S INFECTION HEALS! Did not eat or drink one meal-will need fluids. Now his mouth wounds can heal and he will be golden! No internal or external infection for surgery; no healing of incision yet. given 4 oz Betadine, 4 tablets cephalexin, 1 mineron, and fluids. Not difficult for any meds!
Luna-No treatment needed
Woof- no asthma attacks and No worsening asthma
Lucky- no anxiety attacks or worsening anxiety
Ace- Fever decreased. Now that fever is only 2 degrees above we no longer have to monitor eating and drinking. No complications post-surgery 1 Clindamycin, 1 Prednisone, 1 ibuprofen, 1 mL penicillin
Brutus- No treatment needed
Macy- No treatment needed
Nelly- no treatment needed
Beethoven- No treatment needed.
Rex- no treatment needed
Ginger- temp increases by 1.5 degrees, no meds needed
Ollie- No treatment required
Stella-Has headaches, no agitation from tail, wound healed!, 4 ibuprofen given
Percy-No treatment needed
Cooper- no treatment needed
Copper- no headaches, Copper’s condition is fully healed!
Bailey- No treatment needed
Shadow- no treatment needed
Snowy- Stitches out, L leg wound heals! No healing yet for R leg. given 1 mL neosporin
Bear- severe blood in stool, no healing yet, he did not die or develop further complications. Fever broke and is decreasing! Given 1 ibuprofen, 1 metronidazole, 1 tinidazole, 300 mL fluids
Fido- spinal injury has 2 more days until healing can occur, did not worsen. 8 ibuprofen given.
Gracie- no healing of UTI, no fever, no confusion. 4 ciprofloxacin given

Yep, like I thought! Pretty much everyone is healed or as good as healed. What I’ll do is before the league I’ll Time Crystal roll for Steel and Ace, since they have literally been fighting their illnesses since the beginning of the game and I’ll be damned if I don’t see it through to the end. And I’ll probably do Bear too, since his future is still uncertain. Other than that, I think we can all agree that everyone else is going to heal with time. But if there’s anyone else y’all want me to play through their impairments, let me know and I’ll do it.

But first, we have one more gym to beat. The notorious Volkner, who abandoned our sweet Nelly and Copper.

8GDsNsG.jpg
AuEwsXo.jpg

And guess who’s gonna be the star of the show now that we can get Leftovers in the Underground?

I also decided it’s about time to see what Copper’s held item will be. For those who don’t remember, Copper’s adamant nature means that they have a ‘signature style’, meaning we have to choose a random move from their learnset, TM move, and held item. Now, in order to keep the held item rule from being completely ridiculous, I will limit that to any held item that has some sort of benefit for Copper. Here is the list of possible held items:

Berry
Metronome
Smoke Ball
Cleanse Tag
Amulet Coin
Mind Plate

We also have quite a few rerolls we can use due to Macy’s nature. And from beating Byron we are allowed to choose one of their 3 ‘signature styles’. But I think I’ll save that ability for if I decide to take Copper to the league.

First, we hit Amulet Coin. I rerolled and got Smoke Ball. And finally we get Metronome which I decided was good enough; at least it has an in-battle effect.

Kz48cCN.jpg

And now…let’s teach this bastard a thing or two about what happens when you ABANDON SWEET ANGEL BABIES

aHvUcCf.jpg

YEAH THAT’S RIGHT YA BASTARD REMEMBER HER?!

VTVzLyX.jpg

We started by using Yawn on Raichu after Volt Switch missed due to affection. But it used Volt Switch again and hit this time, and Psychic took Ambipom to red health.

RYw5Xz4.jpg

Then we got into a healing stalemate. Volkner using a Full Restore, Psychic dropped it back down to red, then Volkner used a Hyper Potion. This time we used Grass Knot to take out only a little damage. By this time, Leftovers had recovered most of Nelly’s health.

BRtgT0e.jpg

Ambipom used Thunderbolt for little damage and we got the KO with Psychic. Raichu switched back in only to Volt Switch right to Octillery, who got Yawned upon switching in.

Now, Octillery was the Pokemon I was most worried about, thanks to its Sniper ability. One crit could be disastrous. To no one’s surprise, I was so nervous that I forgot to take screenshots for a lot of this altercation. Grass Knot took Octillery to red health and Octazooka took Nelly to low green before it is put to sleep. I decided to take this opportunity to set up Reflect to help us out a little with Luxray.

hkKAl6F.jpg

Then Grass Knot got the KO and I remembered I am making a screenshot run.

14zMPWQ.jpg

And now we have the ace. As much as I would love to keep Nelly in because she is doing so well, I have to switch Copper in at some point. Since Copper copied Nelly’s lore rule, I have to use them in battle for at least 3 turns or else they are released. I let Nelly set up a Yawn, and Crunch took out about ¼ of health and got the defense drop.

niaa1eo.jpg

Copper used Iron Defense, and then Reflect wore off. Then Luxray woke up and Crunch got the defense drop again… Used Iron Defense again.

nqCMtz8.jpg

Crunch took Copper to red health; Extrasensory looks like a 3HKO.

J6MBYeA.jpg

I healed Copper, and Crunch got ANOTHER Defense drop!

Vi2drp2.jpg

Extrasensory took it to yellow health, but then Sitrus Berry took it back up to green…This isn’t working. Copper, you put in your 3 turns but now it’s time to bow out.

DLYSXpG.jpg

This thing just does not want to go down. A crit Stomp and it survived with what looks like 1 HP.
2VvgoXu.jpg

Iron tail missed initially because of affection but then Iron Tail brought him down to yellow health before Surf got the KO.

hNZaFEM.jpg

I used Macy’s nature to heal Beethoven, and then Raichu went down to 2 Stomps.

And for our monetary reward, we get $800 for the 8th gym, $50 for using 1 less Pokemon, and $50 for only using 2 items. But we have to subtract $90 for Nelly, Copper, and Beethoven being over the level limit by a combined 9 levels. Nothing that really could be done about that though.

And honestly we don’t really need anything else (or even really the money) since the game is pretty much over. But I will tell you about one thing I think would be cool for a doc-locke run: an assistant. Instead of an extension or item, we could be gifted an assistant who can help take care of our Pokemon for us! The assistant can work with a Pokemon that’s in the box while we are out adventuring. For example, if I had boxed Ginger, the assistant could work with her on using her physical and fire moves and gain a certain amount of points toward those skills per day. The assistant could also work on nature points and if our trainer were to become seriously injured at any point, the assistant could pass meds for us.

Even though it’s all a formality with the end of the game, I am going to have our assistant work with Ollie. Now that he has full weight bearing on his leg, he only has a 25% chance of physical moves failing which decreases by 1% for every successful move. Since Ollie hasn’t had much time on the team, I’ll have our assistant work with him on that. Because it’ll make me feel better.

fuQX4eM.jpg

And at this point…I think it’s time to make a final decision on who is going to be on the team for the league.

…And why yes, that is me adding Brutus the Beautifly back onto the team.

…Yes, in place of Copper.

……..Yes, I did catch Copper specifically as a counter to Garchomp.

But you know what? I was AGONIZING over this league. It’s just so terrifying to look at all the crazy type coverage and the held items and the competitive natures (bless RubyClaw for going through this blind). And so I decided to just go with my heart and do whatever the hell I wanted for my team.

Besides, if my strategy goes according to plan, Brutus might be the most useful Pokemon I have ever had in a league…

Well, folks. Next time, we have the penultimate update. We will journey to the league. We will have our final fight with Rannumgen. And, most importantly, we will see our doc-locke illnesses through to completion. And then the final update will be just the league and champion.

See you all next time for the beginning of our last day at the Lucky Dog Clinic <3

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Wow, Macy managed to injure the god of time. THE GOD OF TIME. That's quite an accomplishment. And I guess since technically you're the one responsible for said injury, it's your responsibility to help them heal.

I eagerly anticipate seeing Brutus, the Main Character, make his comeback run.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
First goal: fix our snake.
Second goal: save the world.

In that order of importance.
Steel @ Surgery RNG:
61c.gif

Rd4d6x4.jpg

And, at this point, Ginger officially hit 100 Confidence points, and she no longer has to switch after three turns in battle against male and female Pokemon! Unicorn Queen~~~
61akx1WS25L.jpg

ZqW3xdm.jpg

These chibis kill me during these scenes. I just don’t understand the decision making that went into making this game.
GameFreak wants to get into the meme economy! 😤

gtKr1XB.jpg

AND WHILE I WAS PUTTING THE CONTROLLER DOWN TO DOCUMENT I BUMPED IT OFF MY KNEE AND ACCIDENTALLY TOLD BEETHOVEN TO USE KNOCK OFF AGAIN!!!!

And right when I was literally falling off the couch screaming and about to shut the system off and start both battles over from scratch…Beethoven survives thanks to affection! He literally saved himself from a bullshit death. Beethoven, you are my slobbery pink hero. Also y’all better believe I am counting that toward his Wisdom points.
Is your knee... a spy for Team Galactic?

In case anyone forgot, my rule of thumb for legendary use is that I can’t use it if I catch it with a Master Ball.
I like this rule! It makes catching Legendaries a question of risk VS reward. 👀

j5Sw8HK.jpg

That battle went on for a long ass time. Look at that PP. Thankfully he didn’t get any Ancient Power boosts unlike a certain other Sinnoh deity who traumatized me for life…
3iwl1b.png

Everything was going smoothly.

….And you all know what that means.
kermit-oh-no.gif

0yIuIpu.jpg

We lost a good one on the way to Sunyshore.
CzhkuBdUcAIO721

Then Spook scored an affection-based crit with Dark Pulse. Lopunny is at low yellow health. I thought we had one more move to get the KO.

That’s when the thing used Mirror Coat. It was a one hit KO.
Lopunny's moveset is wild.

…Sounds like he has two moderate impairments. So I’m definitely not catching this guy. I couldn’t even really use him for Volkner if I wanted to anyway with all the type coverage he has. There is just no reason for me to catch this Pokemon.

…What’s that whispering I hear?

…Oh, it’s the irrational guilt goblin. And he’s saying if I don’t catch this Pokemon it’s like I’m abandoning him to die a horrible death in the wilderness with a serious medical problem that I am fully aware of and absolutely have the means to treat.

nLMALQI.jpg

DAMN YOU, IRRATIONAL GUILT GOBLIN!

Steel- STEEL’S INFECTION HEALS! Did not eat or drink one meal-will need fluids. Now his mouth wounds can heal and he will be golden! No internal or external infection for surgery; no healing of incision yet. given 4 oz Betadine, 4 tablets cephalexin, 1 mineron, and fluids. Not difficult for any meds!
Steel @ your worries:
61c.gif

And hooray for Nelly and Copper getting their closure! :D

Besides, if my strategy goes according to plan, Brutus might be the most useful Pokemon I have ever had in a league…
👀

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
And as a little gift from Dialga we get an item I made up called a Time Crystal, which allows us to bend time and roll for a Pokemon's doc-locke conditions multiple times in one day.

Really cool idea and a good solution to get closure.

I'm also finally playing in handheld mode so I took some time to polish my badges :) Sinnoh had such fun little mechanics.

That's sounds like a cute little feature! Didn't know that was a thing even.

No, not Spook! He hang on with us for so long... Perhaps he felt his time was way overdue and that the beyond was waiting for him, and had to leave you to leave place for others to shine? At last, rest in peace our ghostly friend.

Bless the irrational guilt goblin's heart 😇.

Yep, this is not a League to be joked with (one of the good thing they did with this remake if you ask me was make it so ridiculously hard, I was really afraid they'll make Cynthia easy... And BOY was I wrong).

I'm quite excited to see the finale!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Macy is a LEGEND. Who else can say they punched god in the spine and put him in hospital? 💪

SPOOK D: The true cruelty of nuzlockes shines through... you can plan so well for the grand battles, but it's the tiny, capricious whims of random bad luck that can end you... 😭

Glad that Steel's out of the danger zone, though! So proud of this giant baby!

NOBODY should underestimate the power and utility of earlygame butterflies. They've served me well in Leagues past; may Brutus continue this proud lineage of murder butterflies.

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Psychic
HELL YEAH BRUTUS AND MACY ARE GOING TO BE THE ULTIMATE BATTLE COUPLE. ~~plz nobody else die~~

Users who are viewing this thread