• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Sinnoh Written Log The Monstrosity- Chapter 17 is up 7/30/22

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Three rulesets, one Specs

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
I'm so glad for the turnaround for Steel and Ace; you can do it babies! And Ginger stepping up and being fully healed and now just focusing on improving herself is lovely! Congrats to Snowy on healing too; don't think I didn't see that there. And Nelly is such a brave girl now!

And that's one reason I don't do screenshot runs; I'd always forget to take pictures. At least Macy proved her badassery and swept the gym, even if she did have a single level advantage over the ace. Now the big things to worry about are the Galactic battles on Mount Coronet, and the Volkner one coming up because of that affect on Copper and Nelly. Things are looking to get interesting.

Good luck with rolling for Steel's surgery; let's get this rock snake healthy!

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A very small trash boy last seen clawing themself out of the gender dumpster.
Then I finally captured an enemy Pokemon with this shot.

Heh yeah, that's why my Shield Nuzlocke never got posted, because I suck at taking screenshots when I remember to take them at all!

Macy gets +1 leadership points and can now negate two nature rules per battle! Now we can get 2-6 rerolls per gym from Macy for Copper’s rules- RNG says we get 6 more! Now we have 11 total. Nelly gets 25 more bravery points and is now at 100 so she will not need to switch out anymore if she is under half health! Spook earns comradery points for the team and is now at: (3 Macy, 3 Brutus,3 Nelly, 1 Lucky, 1 Woof, 3 Beethoven, 2 Bella, 1 Rex, 2 Copper, 1 Ginger).

Well done, Macy! You absolutely dominated that gym! Candice is usually one of the Gym Leaders I'm most scared of so it's lovely to see her handled so nicely.

Two big wins for our problem children. Steel is back to Stage 1 Sepsis and Ace’s lung infection heals!

Oh my god, they might. They might actually make it! Please Mister RNG pleasepleaseplease Steel has tried so hard and Ace has been so brave, please

At this point, while fighting Grunts in the galactic hideout, Ginger officially has a 0% fail rate for her fire moves! After having her muscles essentially frozen and her internal fire put out, our little unicorn now has complete mastery over her physical self!

Ginger! Once again a darling comes back from flirting with death to be literally fighting fit. I'm so proud of our beautiful baby~

Galactic Santa also left us this little gift over here- a Max Revive. If someone starts to die from a doc-locke condition, a Max Revive gives them a 75% chance to be resuscitated as opposed to a standard Revive’s 50%.

I love how the doc-locke makes the normally useless Revive items worth hanging onto. One day I might actually sit down and do a doc-locke, just because it's got me so invested in mons in a way that I don't normally manage any more. (I do have mid-high hopes for Scarlet and Violet though...)

Okay so Steel’s blood clot is officially the elephant in the room that I can no longer ignore. I have had this snake since Oreburgh City. He has beaten sepsis. And he may be a brat, but I will be damned if I let a blood clot take him out after all this.

You can do it, Steel! You've fought death this whole time and we believe you can make it through! Show them that nothing stops a giant rock snek!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Fuck whatever Galactic's up to, I wanna know what's gonna happen with Steel's blood clot! We just lost Roxie, Ginger and Macy and Ace are all doing so well, don't wanna lose the giant tantrum-baby now DX

RisingMew

Currently yelling about Legends: Arceus
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A calm and nocturnal creature with a fondness for reading.
Wow, a much needed triumphant update after last time! You have no idea how happy I was to see Steel and Ace recovering like that--I was just grinning all the way through this update tbh! Even with the potential threat from Steel's blood clot, it definitely feels like the worst is behind both the Clinic's problem children :D And can we talk about how cool it is to see all the recovered Pokèmon kicking butt? Macy absolutely destroyed that gym, and Rex and Ginger put in the work at Galactic HQ! To think--Rex used to not listen to you and Ginger came to the clinic in a comatose state! And here they are now, tearing through Team Galactic with relative ease. That's just such a neat thing...you don't get that kind of triumph from a normal nuzlocke, for sure!

I am unbelievably eager to see how the surgery goes for Steel--I really hope this is the last big thing he'll have to deal with! Not to mention the fact that I find the mechanics of everything so fascinating XD The next two weeks can't pass fast enough!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Great to see the medical conditions of most of the clinic improving! And damn I feel you about the hardships of taking good screenshots, that's why I started using the Switch built-in screenshot feature (even though transferring pictures from using Wi-Fi it is hell and takes forever).

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
  3. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
(even though transferring pictures from using Wi-Fi it is hell and takes forever).
Do you have a microSD card? you can store the screenshots inside and then just take it out (with the Switch turned off) to get them out easily!
I think you can even do it by cable as well now — SD card will have them in year/month/day descending folders, while cable will have them by game

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
@Rubombee I honestly never tried either method and did it in the very tedious way of scanning the barcode and moving them through my phone. I should definitely try that for my next posted run!

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
  3. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
YOU SHOULD omg i can't imagine having to transfer so many of them 10 by 10 with qrcodes akdjkagdksl rip

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
steel's improvements are great, im happy for
him

same with ace's healed lung infection

FUCK YEAH RESOLVED SEPSIS

B) im so proud of everybody

now, it's time to get rid of that bloodclot! im just, really proud of steel and ace

they've had such a hard time

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
6p0uu1.jpg

:0 Anti-fever snowcones! It's always good when medicine can be made palatable. And they immediately came in handy! Oh, but Bear... :ohdear:

XLo1KV0.jpg

In the Underground, I found this really useful guy who has some nice TMs. I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted Earthquake or another Shadow Ball, and in the end I went with Earthquake. I may have to revisit him later on.
I don't think Traders sold TMs in the original Sinnoh games, and I actually used the Underground a lot, so I should know. This is presumably a replacement for the Trap salespeople, who you could give Spheres to in exchange for slightly blocking someone's way with a touchscreen-based hazard. This is an upgrade.

Doc Brock is pleased to see Steel's recovery! And so am I~
4e4eeaafac3efde02e8e7e8520df391a855bf762_hq.jpg

Now that he is feeling better, he is difficult for care again so I brought Cooper with me for protection.
Ah, but brats be brats. Hoping this brat can handle this last(?) hurdle, though!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Wow, way for Steel and Ace to go. For a while, they seemed like ticking time bombs. But now it looks like they might make it out of this. If they do, they would both be doc-locke miracles! Also if they do make it, please tell them to NOT, DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT, I"M LOOKING AT YOU STEEL, pull a Roxie. You fought tooth and nail for their lives and they are going to enjoy it gosh dang it!

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Psychic
Caught up with everything and dammit I’m rooting for Macy to knockout that Garchomp for the lore.

I can’t wait for the Juicyness next time.

Users who are viewing this thread