• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon The Long Way II (A Soul Silver Nuzlocke)

Thread Description
Stories don't end. They just begin again.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Page_51.png
Venus is such a cutie! I'm sure she will help Leo through all this.

Hoo boy, that's a lot to take in. Being considered dead by the world while your murderer takes your spot can't be good for him right now.

Oh very much not a good headspace. But when has Leo ever had a good headspace :)
I would absolutely die for Venus and I hope you know that. Leo is so incredible wholesome with her ;-;
And oh man Lance. You sure planned things out huh?

Venus is worthy of death. That's how the saying goes, right? 😈
so this nuzlocke is leo getting revenge against lance for killing him last time?that's one of the most interesting plots I've heard for a nuzlocke, keep up the good work, and here's to 100 pages!

:'D Thanks! I can only hope that the next 50 pages will be leagues better than the last 50.
Congrats on 50 pages! As a fellow sequel writer, I know the feeling. I'm excited to see the next 50.

Us marathon nuzlockers gotta stick together. Lets see who finishes their sequel first, since you got a pretty killer head start.

And we're back with pages! I definitely needed that week off, because I've got most of the line art for next week's page done already.

But for now, look who's back! Don't get used to him, he's not sticking around. I figured a page mostly from Venus' perspective would be nice, since all we've seen from her so far is BEAN. Next week? Well, if you know anything about Johto...you know what's coming next week...

Nessi

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
call oak stupid but I'd also ask for confirmation if I know someone if they exactly like my assistant who died 2 years ago

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I notice a bit of sadness in Leo's face when Venus calls him master. Perhaps it reminds Leo a bit of how he treated his pokemon when he first got into Kanto, as pawns instead of partners, on top of wanting to avoid the question.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
Page_52.png
Awkwaaaard😬

Only if uncomfortable silences while waiting for a mid 60's man to walk around his house is awkward for you
call oak stupid but I'd also ask for confirmation if I know someone if they exactly like my assistant who died 2 years ago

I mean, we've all been there
I notice a bit of sadness in Leo's face when Venus calls him master. Perhaps it reminds Leo a bit of how he treated his pokemon when he first got into Kanto, as pawns instead of partners, on top of wanting to avoid the question.

Perhaps. Or perhaps it was the lack of sleep due to finding out you're dead to the world at large.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY.

I have been waiting excitedly for this page. Behold! A rival approaches! And he's hot 😳

I wanted something very visually distinctive from the normal Silver. Cause this is supposed to be something different. Plus, we got Pluto, the excitable Hymboquil. I am not taking back that pun it was great fuck you. All in all, I am just really happy with how this page turned out, from the lighting to the designs to just showing off how battle-adverse Venus is.

And as a special treat, now that he's revealed, I'm happy to show off the reference sheets for these four, and will be doing more in the future whenever they're relevant.

Leo__Venus.png
Danny__Pluto.PNG

We'll be back next week, cause we're not taking off Labor Day. Hurray?

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Venus you sweet adorable summer child. The world is not ready for you

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
>barges in
>defeats him easily in battle
>"looks like you chose the wrong starter."
>doesn't elaborate any further
>leaves

based

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_53.png
Venus you sweet adorable summer child. The world is not ready for you

No it is not. And she is not ready for it either, being a super sheltered babey.
>barges in
>defeats him easily in battle
>"looks like you chose the wrong starter."
>doesn't elaborate any further
>leaves

based

Tis the true Silver lifestyle, and Danny is pulling it off to a T.

So, as far as this week goes, there isn't anything immensely crazy or artistic going on in this page. Honestly I'm a little disappointed in this page, in comparison to what comes before and after, but, eh, it was necessary. Next week we finally see these two dorks try and catch a pokemon.

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_53.png
No it is not. And she is not ready for it either, being a super sheltered babey.

Tis the true Silver lifestyle, and Danny is pulling it off to a T.

So, as far as this week goes, there isn't anything immensely crazy or artistic going on in this page. Honestly I'm a little disappointed in this page, in comparison to what comes before and after, but, eh, it was necessary. Next week we finally see these two dorks try and catch a pokemon.
how does togepi eggs taste like?

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_54.png
how does togepi eggs taste like?

Probably like chicken eggs.

So, uh, yeah. Big page. If you wanna hear all the longwinded explanation, check below.

This is my introduction to the main conceit of The Long Way. When originally concieved as a Nuzlocke challenge, there was an idea, to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. So when-no, wait, wrong script.

About 3 years ago, my friend, Sophie, had a thought: What if you did a bunch of nuzlockes back to back, but each region adds a new rule? I took this and ran, modifying it slightly so each region takes all the previous region's rule, but added one new one every time. This page is meant to introduce the new rule to Leo, and thus, everyone reading. For clarification, the rule is this:

#3 (One Big Happy Pokedex): Every prior region's pokedex counts towards your current one, impacting dupes clause.

What does this mean? Well, since Leo caught a Pidgey in Kanto, he can't catch anotehr for the rest of the challenge. It's meant to not only keep teams varied, but prevent from using the same powerful pokemon again and again. For instance, Leo can't just use the Iron Island Riolu, catch a Riolu from Floccessy Ranch, and use the Lucario from Korrina. He only gets one of those Lucario. There's a slight exception to the rule, however:

#3A: Alternate split evolutions are still allowed, as they are technically a seperate pokemon.

What does this mean? Well, it means, for instance, every time Leo gets an Eevee, he just has to use a different Eeveelution than what he's already used. Cause, y'know, it's fun that way.

That about wraps it up, I think I've sufficiently explained it all.

As for the page itself, it was mostly me trying out new things, seeing what stuck, what doesn't. I'm still personally unsure about how I feel about this page, but it's here anyways, so, enjoy. Next week we'll actually meet some new team members.

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.
oh. Ok thats odd. to say the least. REally really odd so hes under the same id despite being dead in kanto just what is happening XD

so no dupes between regions thats fun

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Poor Leo when he saw that pidgey : (
I like the rule! Also super excited what will happen in the other regions now

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_55.png
oh. Ok thats odd. to say the least. REally really odd so hes under the same id despite being dead in kanto just what is happening XD

so no dupes between regions thats fun

THE MYSTERY CONTINUES! But yeah, in a turn of retroactive explanation, that's why I didn't let Leo get a Togepi in Johto, so he could just have one in Sinnoh instead.
Poor Leo when he saw that pidgey : (
I like the rule! Also super excited what will happen in the other regions now

I could say Leo's been through some shit, but that's like saying Harry Potter has PTSD only after the first book. Things get worse.

So originally this was just gonna be a simple little page. Introduce new teammates, have Primo give the egg, simple. And then I just kept writing. And before I knew it, this was one of the longer, more densely packed pages I've written. So that's fun!

Next week is Sprout Tower...I wonder what lurks up there?

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Omg Slips is such a cute name and Ekans such a underused mon! Same thing to that slugma egg hell yes! 👀
I already love the team dynamic here. Poor Venus

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_56.png
Omg Slips is such a cute name and Ekans such a underused mon! Same thing to that slugma egg hell yes! 👀
I already love the team dynamic here. Poor Venus

Poor Venus indeed. But yeah, after taking BEEEEEEE to the League and that going well, I basically decided to make myself try hard to take pokemon you don't normally see to the League. To...varying success, across the regions.

So, what happened last week? I found myself taking an unplanned week off, as Sunday approached and I realized "I have the lineart done for the next 2 pages, but I'm not gonna be able to complete either for tomorrow." Sorry about that, I just got really invested in trying some new things these next couple pages. And I think they work out really well.

It's a Danny specific page this week! I figured, I buried the lead a lot with them in Kanto, it's time to get a glimpse of things from their perspective. And, well, it's caused more questions than answers, but hey! That's mysteries for ya, baby.

Exploring the Ruins of Alph next week, so stay tuned!

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_57.png

Back to back pages of dynamic lighting! Woo!

Not a whole lot to say about this page, other than the fact that we've got a new teammate, and I'm just really happy with how the page came out. Wanted to test out some new things, new background stuff, and all and all I think it works wonderfully.

Now, unfortunately, we're gonna be taking another week off. Why? Well, this time next week, I'm gonna be 2 states away, relaxing on vacation. Can't really update then, can I? But it's ok, because the week after that, the 25th, we'll be back with the first gym battle of Johto! And hoo boy...is it a wild one.

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Uh Leo.... you might wanna snuggle another Team member

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Uh Leo.... you might wanna snuggle another Team member

What are you implying, that snuggling a ball of magma might not be a good idea?

WELCOME BACK PEOPLE! I BRING TO YOU, THE FALKNER GY-oh hold on, just getting a phone call.

Disappears backstage for a moment. Mhm. Yeah. I'm writing the post right now. What...what do you mean? But I...god dammit, alright.

Wanders back out. So bad news everyone! That was my creative drive, turns out, he's been feeling pretty wack the past few weeks. So even though I had about three weeks to work on this page, I am still not even done with the line art. Shocking. We're going to be out for a little while until I can finish the page. Hopefully that's next week, but who knows with the lazy slug that is my brain?

In the meantime, enjoy some reference art I made of the new teammates, that I forgot to share last update.

Team_ref_sheet_1.png

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Blub is SUCH a good name!! 🥺

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_58.png
Blub is SUCH a good name!! 🥺

A good name for a good boy

Happy Halloween!

...yes I'm a day late but it's not my fault Halloween wasn't on a Monday.

We're back, and with a gym battle! I wanted to make sure this page was good before uploading, hence why it's still a bit late today, but I hope you enjoy. I really don't have much to say, I'm kinda drained brain wise. But, last year for Halloween, I showed the Kanto team's Halloween costumes. And I was gonna do that this year...until @Krisantyne made an open invitation to a group Halloween collab, and I just felt motivated to join!

The finished piece is here, for you to enjoy in all it's glory, but if you're just looking for my submission...

Halloween_Collab_2021.png

Anyways, we'll be back to regular updates hopefully next week!

Users who are viewing this thread