• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon The Long Way II (A Soul Silver Nuzlocke)

Thread Description
Stories don't end. They just begin again.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
Stories don't end. They just begin again.

The_Long_Way_II.png

Welcome back! Or, if you're new here, welcome! This story is a continuation of The Long Way, so you might wanna read that. Or, don't, because I hate most of those early pages, and there's a recap page of Kanto's events.

The Long Way is the ongoing story of Leo Fada, just a normal guy from a normal world, who one day finds himself in the pokemon world he used to always play the games for. Of course, reality is often a cruel joke, and he soon realizes this isn't a dream. And then it just keeps getting worse.

Updates Mondays!

Rule #1: You can only catch the first pokemon you find on a route.
Rule #1A: Every pokemon must be nicknamed
Dupes Clause: If you have caught a pokemon previously, you can't catch it, or any other pokemon in its line, again, and it doesn't count as your first pokemon.
Shiny Clause: If you encounter a shiny pokemon, and it wouldn't be your first pokemon for the route, you can still catch and use it if you wish.
Rule #2: If a pokemon faints, it dies.
Rule #3 (One Big Happy Pokedex: Every prior region's pokedex counts towards your current one, impacting dupes clause.
Rule #3A: Alternate split evolutions are still allowed, as they are technically a seperate pokemon.

Last edited:

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
oooooo, Chikorita as starter? This will be interesting

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
Congrats on finishing your first nuzlocke! It was very inspiring to see your artistic growth throughout the first comic's run, and I'm so excited to see what you'll do with the sequel! Especially since I spot a Chikorita starter, you don't often see those used in nuzlockes!

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.
Intresting ... also that thing in the rules is also intresting

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Recap_A.png
oooooo, Chikorita as starter? This will be interesting

Yup! Wanted to not go with another water starter, and, well, never actually used a Chikorita before. So this is actually the start of an accidental trend of using my least used starter of each region, going forward.
Congrats on finishing your first nuzlocke! It was very inspiring to see your artistic growth throughout the first comic's run, and I'm so excited to see what you'll do with the sequel! Especially since I spot a Chikorita starter, you don't often see those used in nuzlockes!

Funnily enough, it's more that Kanto is a prequel to the rest of the story, if that makes sense? Trust me, things start getting wild from here on out
Intresting ... also that thing in the rules is also intresting

Ẅ̵̟́h̴̨͝a̷̦͆t̶̹͐ ̵̛̞t̵͖̀ẖ̴̛i̷̻̇n̵͙͋g̸̪̃ ̶͍͐i̴͇͝n̶͚̍ ̵̯̉t̸̲͠ḩ̵̌e̸̯̚ ̸͈͑r̶̞̊u̴̩̾l̴̰̚e̶̦̅s̵̯̄?̷͖͋

:yay:

OH SHIT, WE BACK! That's right, after a couple weeks of me trying my best to get a proper buffer (and half that time spent doing jack shit), we're finally going to start posting pages. First, is a little recap of Kanto, for those that might not want to read through it, or needs a little refresher of some important beats.

Next week? Next week, actual pages return...with Page 48! That's right, I'm using legacy numbering. Cause big page numbers makes me feel good

Nessi

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Maaan I LOVE this movie like story telling here.
Leo is truly turning into such an interesting character

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
I'm getting manic saga vibes from this, not a bad thing is just something I noticed

Ardomew

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
The saga continues!
I'm very curious to see how this story arc goes. Considering how Kanto ended, Leo is gonna be in one hell of a ride!

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_48.png
Maaan I LOVE this movie like story telling here.

Leo is truly turning into such an interesting character

And it's crazy to think that his journey's only starting out still. Just wait till you see how he develops going forward.
I'm getting manic saga vibes from this, not a bad thing is just something I noticed

Don't worry, I totally getcha. The Manic saga was one of my favorite nuzlockes back in the day, so I totally get why some of those themes and styles might have blended over. But trust me, there'll be plenty of answers earlier on in this, than in that.
The saga continues!

I'm very curious to see how this story arc goes. Considering how Kanto ended, Leo is gonna be in one hell of a ride!

Just being bounced from one roller coaster to the next, it's wild.

And we're back! Where is Leo? How is Leo? Why is Leo? All good questions. But you'll just have to keep asking them, cause we got a lil while before there's any answers.

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.
just nah im not gonna be gold XD also hmmm

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_49.png
just nah im not gonna be gold XD also hmmm

Yeah, being named after colors is too early 2000s.

IT BE HER! Also, uh, other people, but they don't matter as much as Venus.

Looks like Leo's gonna be back at it with breezing through early game, and there surely won't be several more pages devoted to him and Venus...right?

Oh, and, uh, Page 50's next week. Be hype.

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
Ooooh my god I love Venus!! It´s super interesting to see how Leon is well aware what´s happening

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
it amazing of how your art has improved from the first page of your last comic!here's to hoping that Venus survives the locke!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Leo should really invest in a bullet proof vest. He's been shot twice now and I have a feeling it'll happen again at the Johto league. Venus is such a sweet bean! She must be protected. I swear if the professor named her Venus, because the leaf attracts bug types for her to eat or something(though she would probably run away from them).

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Page_50.png
Ooooh my god I love Venus!! It´s super interesting to see how Leon is well aware what´s happening

I mean he was well aware last time, it's just that eventually he got so entrenched that it was hard to tell. Gotta remember, he's grown up playing these as games, so he's gonna be pretty familiar.
it amazing of how your art has improved from the first page of your last comic!here's to hoping that Venus survives the locke!

Well now I'm just all happy and stuff. Honestly, I'm kinda amazed too. I actually, like...feel good about my art now. So that's refreshing.
Leo should really invest in a bullet proof vest. He's been shot twice now and I have a feeling it'll happen again at the Johto league. Venus is such a sweet bean! She must be protected. I swear if the professor named her Venus, because the leaf attracts bug types for her to eat or something(though she would probably run away from them).

What, you're saying that Leo, the boiling pot of emotions that he is, jumping headfirst into danger, may get shot again? Why that's just ridiculous, who else is there to even shoot the guy? 🤔

And no, that is not the theming, but nice thought. You'll see the theme soon enough, cause Venus isn't the only starter popping up here...

50 Pages.

It's weird just how many that feels for me, when I know that plenty of other comics get into the hundreds. But, for me, it's a sign that like...things are actually progressing. I stopped working on this comic for almost 10 months because I didn't think I could ever actually get to this point. And now I have.

As for what actually happened in this page? Well, lemme give a little clearer explanation, if it wasn't exactly clear. According to the world at large, Leo's dead, murdered by Danny after defeating him, and now Lance is champion. So uh, talk about a cover up. What does that mean going forward? Who's to say? There's a lot I plan to fit into these next 50 pages, so I hope you enjoy the sprinkling of info. Because I do plan for more questions to be answered this time around. You just gotta give it time.

So here's to 50 more. See y'all at 100.

We'll be taking next week off as I get my bearings and build up a slight buffer. I had to make a choice if I would rather take the break now, or over Labor Day weekend, and I choose now.

Ardomew

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
Venus is such a cutie! I'm sure she will help Leo through all this.

Hoo boy, that's a lot to take in. Being considered dead by the world while your murderer takes your spot can't be good for him right now.

Nessi

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ghost
I would absolutely die for Venus and I hope you know that. Leo is so incredible wholesome with her ;-;
And oh man Lance. You sure planned things out huh?

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
so this nuzlocke is leo getting revenge against lance for killing him last time?that's one of the most interesting plots I've heard for a nuzlocke, keep up the good work, and here's to 100 pages!

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Congrats on 50 pages! As a fellow sequel writer, I know the feeling. I'm excited to see the next 50.

Users who are viewing this thread