• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Hoenn Mixed Media Teen The iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge: Photo Phinish

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A return to Hoenn ten years in the making
OP
Nate

Nate

A friend
Streamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
Alas, alack... those inverse battles can be lethal. And were, in this case. You shall not be forgotten, Madame Foster, you beautiful recolored gerbil.
IRL, it took me a few minutes to get over the shell shock of having to deal with Battle Tower-level tactics before the third badge.
A lady less than lethal, laid low in a luckless loss. The loathsome lesson leaves a lugubrious leader and a lachrymose linoone.
A Life Orb out of left field leaves little of her life. Let's leave and listen to some lamentable lyrics.
xs8nXRM.png

ka06P0000004H1yQAE_en_US_2.png
Images you can hear.
Nooooooo! Mauville's a company town run on scrip (I see wat u did there) and now the sight of Madame Foster's brutal murder??? BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND, LADIES
I was genuinely taken aback by how different Mauville was when I came up on it when playing blind. Unfortunate that it had to lead to the end of the one Pokemon I was being super careful about keeping alive.
This is why you don't stare directly into the sun.
2hkrg9.jpg

Yes, the Dowsing Machine antenna remain! Perfect.

Looks like the Lethal Low-stats Ladies didn't last long. :(
200.gif

Video Update: Float On, You Modest Mouse

Good-bye, pal.
marshtomp.gif
Bruiser
linoone.gif
Merrimack
hariyama.gif
Makit

Float any comments, questions, or criticism into the comment box below!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I have to say, I like how you do a lot with these stock images, even doing animated segments such as this one.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
If I worry about my gender identity, it just confuses me, so I'm good with the three main ones. I just may correct a "he," though, but I take no offense from it.
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
1. I didn't even think about how broken that level of move power and items was for that part of the game. 0_0

2. Terrible and tone-thrashing thought: if Bruiser cries, is he bleeding?

3. Slightly more comforting comment: Madame Foster lives on in the Dowsing Machine's "ears?"

TKR5cMQ.png

:f5:

Last edited:

Vivificient

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokédex Entry
Its peering eyes are all that can be seen of its mysterious innards.
A fitting funeral. Like Boromir, but much smaller.

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
What a beautiful tribute. You can get a surprising amount of emotion out of stock photo faces with MSPaint tears on them. It's all in the pacing, I guess. And that song really worked out well, too! At least you saw MadameFoster off in style!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
A touching tribute.... seriously how did you nearly bring me to tears with istockphoto images that still have the watermark and mspaint

FerreTrip

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 19, 2019
Oh my freaking God, I remember this. Gonna have to give this a read because I loved this XD

Users who are viewing this thread