• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Hoenn Mixed Media Teen The iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge: Photo Phinish

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A return to Hoenn ten years in the making

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
She dazzled 'em all with Spatial Rend! The other competitors never stood a chance!

I also like the photo you chose for the Contest Hall. It even has vaguely Pokéball-shaped windows! Excellent touch.

OP
Nate

Nate

A friend
Streamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
...She blew them away with being her own supply of LSD?
The big motivation was Leaving Slateport, Dudes so that would make sense.
god damn. That is one cool motherfucker.

How many of the judges did MadameFoster take home with her that night?
She's a rodent so it probably went something like this:

MadameFoster:

Sure, but when it's time to battle:

They didn't even have appeal rounds. MF put on those shades and the cool levels were too high for a Normal-Rank crowd to handle.
It's not like the competition was very stiff from "guy who has a Machoke holding a box".
She dazzled 'em all with Spatial Rend! The other competitors never stood a chance!

I also like the photo you chose for the Contest Hall. It even has vaguely Pokéball-shaped windows! Excellent touch.
Man, I was hoping someone would notice this. I spent far too long looking at pictures of convention centers to try and find the right pic for like a two second panel in a bonus video and I finally found that and was like "this is the one".

This one is about as short as they're gonna be.

Episode 8: Hoenn's Honey Boo Boo
vfqrtA5.png

Here we get the cameo from Lucky the Kadabra along with her family Franklin and Arthur. Lucky will be fine as long as she doesn't wind up on a reality TV show shown on TLC. Probably.
marshtomp.gif
Bruiser
linoone.gif
Merrimack
hariyama.gif
Makit
minun.gif
MadameFoster

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Lucky, no! THEY'LL MAKE A NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY ABOUT YOU!

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Once again, the combination of the rocker body and plastic Pikachu head is very funny.

And that bit with the Abra son being excited about winning second-place was almost wholesome for a second... can't have that LMAO. Psychic stage parents must be intolerable on a level not seen on the Earth.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
For some reason, looking at Lucky's image made me think he was a Thievul. They are mustache foxes.

Vivificient

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokédex Entry
Its peering eyes are all that can be seen of its mysterious innards.
I enjoyed the original iStockphoto runs and I'm enjoying this one too! My favourite page so far is the one about the boxed Pokémon dreaming of revenge. : D

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
If I worry about my gender identity, it just confuses me, so I'm good with the three main ones. I just may correct a "he," though, but I take no offense from it.
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
Though if she can mindread, then her outrage would be (mostly) justified...

OP
Nate

Nate

A friend
Streamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
Lucky, no! THEY'LL MAKE A NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY ABOUT YOU!
This puts her in the esteemed company of Joe Exotic. I don't see any issue.
Once again, the combination of the rocker body and plastic Pikachu head is very funny.

And that bit with the Abra son being excited about winning second-place was almost wholesome for a second... can't have that LMAO. Psychic stage parents must be intolerable on a level not seen on the Earth.
Arthur and Franklin got ice cream afterward. Arthur got Bubblegum Explosion. Franklin got Chocolate. This is the only thing Arthur will remember about the day.
For some reason, looking at Lucky's image made me think he was a Thievul. They are mustache foxes.
Clearly Game Freak is stealing my stock photo designs. Do you think I could get away with suing? There better not be a Karate Chicken in Scarlet and Violet...
I enjoyed the original iStockphoto runs and I'm enjoying this one too! My favourite page so far is the one about the boxed Pokémon dreaming of revenge. : D
Glad to see you back! Yours was one of my favorites, too! Consider it at the top of my "gotta catch up on this" list!
Though if she can mindread, then her outrage would be (mostly) justified...
Psychic Pokemon's powers are just vague enough to let the writers get away with whatever bullshit they want to get away with, so I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide if she's just grumpy or not.

Episode 9: I Wore The Dowsing Machine The Whole Game
poC7bJs.png

46o1e1.png
46o1e1.png
46o1e1.png
marshtomp.gif
Bruiser
linoone.gif
Merrimack
hariyama.gif
Makit
minun.gif
MadameFoster
Got any questions, comments, or criticism? Lay that Language Lavishly.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
If I worry about my gender identity, it just confuses me, so I'm good with the three main ones. I just may correct a "he," though, but I take no offense from it.
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
>>sees Grovyle

7tMo47R.png

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Damn. Those Low-stats Ladies sure are Lethal.

I appreciate your new hat.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Let's lavishly love Lethal Low-stats Ladies!

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Arthur and Franklin got ice cream afterward. Arthur got Bubblegum Explosion. Franklin got Chocolate. This is the only thing Arthur will remember about the day.
Aww. Okay, it's wholesome again!

The Dowsing Machine is adorable, lol. I hope that's just what Nate looks like from now on. I also got a kick out of your depiction of Electro Ball. And I love the Lethal Low-Stat Ladies! It's nice to see some team bonding going on!

OP
Nate

Nate

A friend
Streamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
>>sees Grovyle

7tMo47R.png

I hope you like pictures of that specific gecko because Cheren's not going away anytime soon.
Damn. Those Low-stats Ladies sure are Lethal.

I appreciate your new hat.
In the actual playthrough I was wearing those stupid antennae pretty much the entire time.
Let's lavishly love Lethal Low-stats Ladies!
Let loose that large lexicon, too.
Aww. Okay, it's wholesome again!

The Dowsing Machine is adorable, lol. I hope that's just what Nate looks like from now on. I also got a kick out of your depiction of Electro Ball. And I love the Lethal Low-Stat Ladies! It's nice to see some team bonding going on!
One thing I'm hoping to do a little more with this run is let the pokemon themselves have a little more personality.

Episode 10: Solrock Sadness
rVpzFjE.png

marshtomp.gif
Bruiser
linoone.gif
Merrimack
hariyama.gif
Makit
For the low price of just one comment, question, or criticism per update, you can help a Nuzlocker get the engagement they need to keep their ego satisfactorily swollen. Won't you be an angel to a content creator in need?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Alas, alack... those inverse battles can be lethal. And were, in this case. You shall not be forgotten, Madame Foster, you beautiful recolored gerbil.

Vivificient

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokédex Entry
Its peering eyes are all that can be seen of its mysterious innards.
A lady less than lethal, laid low in a luckless loss. The loathsome lesson leaves a lugubrious leader and a lachrymose linoone.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
A lady less than lethal, laid low in a luckless loss. The loathsome lesson leaves a lugubrious leader and a lachrymose linoone.
...that is a magnificent if unpronounceable sentence.

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Nooooooo! Mauville's a company town run on scrip (I see wat u did there) and now the sight of Madame Foster's brutal murder??? BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND, LADIES

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
This is why you don't stare directly into the sun.

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Yes, the Dowsing Machine antenna remain! Perfect.

Looks like the Lethal Low-stats Ladies didn't last long. :(

Users who are viewing this thread