• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed. Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Hoenn Mixed Media Teen The iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge: Photo Phinish

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A return to Hoenn ten years in the making

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is therapy covered by Devon Corps health insurance?
The one thing you have to hand to the world of Pokemon is that they've got socialized medicine down pat. Does Nurse Joy's healing machine also treat depression?
holy moley I loved the stock photo runs back in the day. I'm so glad you're back and doing this again, Nate. This is already incredible. And I'm excited for more.
Aww, thanks! I'm really hoping to make an experience that's enjoyable to both people who read the old runs and newcomers too. Thanks for sticking with me after all this time.
Eyyy, Robbie's back! And working as a therapist for those dealing with the existential terror of dying in the world they knew and waking up to one with capitalism!
limmy.jpg
Oh, I forgot about Geodude and Nosepass... I like the simplicity of Geodude just being a rock, and Nosepass just straight-up being a nose is very funny. I also like the stock photo representing Mr. Briney--the expression on the model's face as he stares straight into the camera is very something, and whatever it is is a lot more interesting than just any old man in boat captain attire. Stone Cold Steve Austin as the Devon Corp. president is great too, and I enjoyed the slow zoom over Robbie's existential crisis. You really excel at making these stock photos visually interesting and expressive!
I appreciate that! There are times where the first stock photo that pops up is the right one, and there are other times where I have to do some digging to find the one that gives off the right vibe. Thanks!

Episode 6: Trendy Town Trouble
F3EFhsX.jpg

I dunno about you, but seeing what the Trendy Phrase winds up being is the first thing I do when I go to Dewford. Some of the results are...interesting.

For the young 'uns here that don't remember the old commercials...

Had to get that old Brawly photo in there somehow. The remakes gave some Gym Leaders more of a rework than others.
marshtomp.gif
Bruiser
zigzagoon.gif
Merrimack
makuhita.gif
Makit
Make sure you place your comments, questions, and criticism back on the rack when you're done, and wipe down your seats afterward.

Last edited:

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Run from the fundies, Nate!!! And it seems like the capitalists are none too pleased. 👀

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Capitalism is coming to destroy Hoenn... might be for the best just to let Aqua drown 'em

PKMNTrainerDante

The Wooman (NOT WOMAN)
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2022
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A Gorgoraptor with high imagination, he makes his pokemon at school, hater of lust, and a lover for dinosaurs
good job

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
SMH I can't believe you'd run away from the fertility cult.

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
The trendy phrase people being represented by scary cultists in robes cracked me the hell up. And any time a Pokémon is represented by Just a Kid is a win in my book. I also like the sequel joke of Steven Stone now being Tim Cook rather than Steve Jobs. But big 👀 at the hints of a conspiracy going on (even if it's getting bogged down by comedic infighting).

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
If I worry about my gender identity, it just confuses me, so I'm good with the three main ones. I just may correct a "he," though, but I take no offense from it.
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
Miracle Seed, fond of seamen,
"Hey have you heard about
'BABY?'
What's it mean? Well...
Ask your daddy or mommy, okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread