• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • ūüéäūüéäūüéä Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Hoenn Mixed Media Teen The iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge: Photo Phinish

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A return to Hoenn ten years in the making

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
Kept you waiting, huh?

Around ten years ago (back when I was still in high school ūüėę ) I started a thread on the Nuzlocke Forums where I told the story of my very first Nuzlocke Challenge playthrough. I had (really, have) no real artistic skill, so I decided to use stock photos and Microsoft Paint to create a "comic" like many of the popular Nuzlockers of the day. I spent the next 3+ years telling the stories of both my first ever Nuzlocke of Pokemon Ruby and my blind Nuzlocke of Pokemon White. These became the iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge and the iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge: Blind White Edition. I posted the final update of the White run in August of 2014 where I promised I would do one more run of Pokemon Omega Ruby. To make a very long story short, life got in the way, and the Omega Ruby run never materialized.

Until now.

Please join me for the third and final chapter of the iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge.

Wsmg997.png

Updates every other Thursday​
The Rules

Updates:
VIDEO UPDATE - Hoenn Homecoming
Episode 1: Leap Into Adventure
Episode 2: Over River, Over Oldale
Episode 3: Old Region, New Features
April Fool's Day Special - Episode 4.1: All Fallen Down
Episode 4: Karate Guy Seeking Sloth, All Offers Accepted
Episode 5: A Rock in the Park
Episode 6: Trendy Town Trouble
Episode 7: Team Magma's Museum Mishap <- .gif update, links to the forum post
Video Update: The Cool Contest <- links to Youtube
Episode 8: Hoenn's Honey Boo Boo

Last edited:

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
It's about time. ūüėÄ Two things:

1. Good luck.

And

2 iStockphoto images... Assemble.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
ūüĎÄ

i cant wait to see istockphoto mega evolutions because some of them SWAMPERT already look like weird stock images

Garnet

Onion Boy
ūüĆĪFeaturer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
-Puffs on a cigarette- iStockphoto Nuzlocke? I haven't heard that name in years.

Man, I remember that Ruby run from way back in the days when I was still new to the forums, hah! Never did get around to reading it, but I sure remember it being around. One of these days I'll have to go back and catch up on it and White so I can read part 3, now that it's finally on its way!

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
If I worry about my gender identity, it just confuses me, so I'm good with the three main ones. I just may correct a "he," though, but I take no offense from it.
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
The firing squad takes aim at me and shoots, but luckily I was able to perfectly dodge every bullet thanks to my mastery of the Cha-Cha Slide.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's about time. ūüėÄ Two things:

1. Good luck.

And

2 iStockphoto images... Assemble.
Thank you so much! And they'll assemble alright...
because-thats-what-heroes-do-thor-ragnarok.gif

ūüĎÄ

i cant wait to see istockphoto mega evolutions because some of them SWAMPERT already look like weird stock images
Oh, you'll see 'em. Unfortunately.

-Puffs on a cigarette- iStockphoto Nuzlocke? I haven't heard that name in years.

Man, I remember that Ruby run from way back in the days when I was still new to the forums, hah! Never did get around to reading it, but I sure remember it being around. One of these days I'll have to go back and catch up on it and White so I can read part 3, now that it's finally on its way!
Believe me, it feels like ages. Thank you so much for reading!

thank-you-word-concept-technically-picture-id517214963

Ten years ago, I posted the first thread of the iStockphoto Nuzlocke Challenge, where our protagonist Nate set out for his very first adventure in the Hoenn region. Today, he finally makes his homecoming:

Thank you so much for watching! Have any thoughts, comments, or criticism? Post it below!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Holy shit, I was rereading the Ruby and White runs in a fit of nostalgia just the other day, and then I see you've returned??? Absolutely brilliant, glad to see the grand return!

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
If I worry about my gender identity, it just confuses me, so I'm good with the three main ones. I just may correct a "he," though, but I take no offense from it.
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
MpknIWa.png

When the video style hits you just right

(I had a little too much fun--and spent too long--making this. XD)
It's good to have you back. :)

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
Holy shit, I was rereading the Ruby and White runs in a fit of nostalgia just the other day, and then I see you've returned??? Absolutely brilliant, glad to see the grand return!
Glad to provide something that you can be nostalgic for! Thankyou so much for reading!

MpknIWa.png

When the video style hits you just right

(I had a little too much fun--and spent too long--making this. XD)
It's good to have you back. :)
Careful, you'll get bit by the stock photo gremlin that I've been beholden to for a decade.

Here's the Rules Page for the run, plus a personal message from me to the reader.

X67rplk.png

I'm aiming for updates every other Thursday. Thanks for checking in!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Okay, now I'm really curious. How is this love letter going to read?

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
ngl im hyped for updates and extras that can use non-stock photos ūüĎÄ

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Very carefully. ūüėĀ

When I say "this series is a love letter," I mean that in every sense of the term: it's going to be awkward, it's going to be fumbling, and there will probably be a few spelling errors.
And we loved that. <3

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Hell yeah, I am here for overflowing, unironic passion! and also hoping that the love letter is more Oscar Wilde than James Joyce

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
At this point, I'm just shooting for "legibly".

ngl im hyped for updates and extras that can use non-stock photos ūüĎÄ
I have a few planned! Stay tuned!

Very carefully. ūüėĀ

And we loved that. <3
:squiddle3:

Hell yeah, I am here for overflowing, unironic passion! and also hoping that the love letter is more Oscar Wilde than James Joyce
I have no idea where "6th grader with a crush, a pen, and a composition notebook" lands on that scale but that's probably the closest approximation.

Episode 1: Leap Into Adventure
BHIYdEj.png

mudkip.gif
Bruiser
Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any comments, questions, or criticism!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Nate's got a fresh new look and a fresh new water babby! Who is... not quite as cute as his non-stock-photo equivalent, but we love him anyway

Dumboldore

A mysterious creature not listed in the Pokédex.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Holy shit the iStockphoto challenge is back? Time to climb out of hibernation.

Good luck! Hope to see much more of that unique brand of humor that still has me calling Ghetsis Get-Shiz occassionally to this very day.

Nighthatty

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 12, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ground
OH MY GOD IM LOVING THE STOCK PHOTOS, THEYRE SO FUN-
I CANT HONESTLY WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS GOES!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Bruiser... dude, you look stoned. You haven't been hitting the Oddish, have you?

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
To be fair to Birch Tree, hyenas can be brutal. I think Bruiser will be even more brutal, though. >:D

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
To be fair to Birch Tree, hyenas can be brutal. I think Bruiser will be even more brutal, though. >:D
If there's anything more brutal than a hyena, it's a salamander with delusions of grandeur. (I'd make an Amphibia reference here but that would be spoilers and also it wasn't actually a salamander.)

Users who are viewing this thread