• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Showcase The Drawing Board! WIPs, Promotional Shots, and More!

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A place to post and discuss author sneak peeks and teasers! Gotta love Dat Hype™

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
More WIP Wednesday, this one a spoiler for the next Seeing Red chapter (it spoils a death that occurred in the most recent chapter).

Red turned and faced his companions. Grub the Butterfree, Spark the Spearow, Barb the Nidoran, and Imp the surprisingly articulate Clefairy. They weren't his slaves, they were his friends and partners, and all of them, as well as Shale and Chirp, were ready to risk everything to protect him.

Just like Fang had.

Red felt dread gnawing at his soul. Gary was not to be harmed; that was what the voice demanded. But that didn't extend to his Pokemon. The Eevee had killed before, and it would kill again. That is, unless it was no longer alive to begin with. The same might be said of any of Gary's other monsters -- and they might not even know which ones until it was too late.

Except that Red wasn't going to give them that chance.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
So it's gonna be forever and a day before my Alola duolocke ever sees the light of day (I have several projects that need finishing before it will be remotely ready to be revealed), but I wrote a good worldbuilding segment for it that I'd like to share because I haven't posted much creative stuff recently and I want everymon to know I'm not dead.

TRIGGER WARNING: This segment contains snakes, clowns, and possibly snake clowns.

Some Pokemon were afraid of clowns. Others were afraid of snakes. While most Pokemon possessed enough power that somemon or another was bound to be scared of them, Tricky Woo and her companion Slink still had something of a hard time convincing many of the very Pokemon they set out to rescue that they were, after all, there to rescue them.

But, then, admittedly, being a Mime Jr. and an Ekans coiled around the Mime Jr.'s neck didn't really do them any favors in the trust department.

It could've been the voice thing. The Mime line had collectively taken a vow of silence on account of their vocalizations, through no fault of their own, sounding like the screams of the eternally damned. Most Mimes communicated through Esper telepathy, but alas, that was a skill that Tricky Woo had never really mastered, and whenever she'd tried, she'd only been able to put out mental static that gave most Pokemon headaches, regardless of whether she was even trying to aim the telepathy at them or not. So she'd learned sign language at an early age, with Slink, her loyal companion, being the ever-helpful translator. That hadn't exactly helped the stigmatizing fact of life that she was a clown and Slink was a snake, but it did at least help her communicate with the more open-minded Pokemon that they came across.

(Context: I got an Ekans and a Mime Jr. in my Ultra Sun wonderlocke and I liked the idea of Mime Jr. wearing the Ekans around her neck like a little boa. Mind you, this was before Enamorus even existed, so the idea came to me entirely independently of that.)

ponibutts

nerd
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
it's not Wednesday but I'm v happy with how this is turning out so far
unknown.png

unknown.png

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Given my current home situation (my mom fractured her ankle, it will take six to eight weeks to heal, and until that happens the rest of us have to deal with doing all the things she usually does and also looking after her), and all the projects I already have in progress, I probably shouldn't be looking into giving myself more work to do, but...

Spike_the_Nidoran.png

Reactions: DIO

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Hello and welcome to...
39dsrTc7.gif

I tried this once before, but I have the memory retention of a stone. This time, I'm equipped with a self-drawn planner.

Show me your Works-In-Progress!

ponibutts

nerd
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 6, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
image.png

Reactions: Bug

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
gee wip wednesday, how come this moth lets you have two wips this wednesday?

Screenshot_2022-11-16_at_20.37.20.png
Screenshot_2022-11-16_at_20.38.13.png

• eye zoom

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
im sorry is this from your octo nuzlocke because uhhhh is that a death screen, fear
yes and yes <3 but look in the top right corner, i still have two lives left after this so surely it'll go fine right?

• Cry

WolvenMist

50% caffeine; 50% sleep deprivation
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 21, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A mysterious apparition that appears in the middle of the night to steal your doritos
Current gjinkalocke protagonist bullies previous gijinkalocke protagonists. (RIP Avira & Ira, I'm sorry I gave up on your comic after three pages)

32858ecc1df8c0b6b6984ff201f05588.png

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
alright, screw it

have the first scene of the book I'm currently revising!

Tonight, the cornerstone of my life is in my handbag.

I keep touching the green leather bag as it gently wobbles beside me on the back seat, as if to remind myself that it's still there, because it will definitely be saving my sanity soon as Washington D.C. fades into the summer sunset behind me. At least I have some quiet for now – the car doesn't even have an engine to distract me, just the hum of an electric powertrain (this was a big deal for Mom). I still feel an awful lot of the leather seat under my short dress, though, and there's enough new-car smell left in this interior to keep my senses occupied.

I hope nobody notices how big the bag is. I had to pick out one of my larger ones because I had to fit an entire book into it – and not just any book, but the chunky, queer fantasy tome that has been living rent-free in my brain for the past week: Divinity's Call, by Rosa Trevino. I got so caught up in a reading binge today that I almost forgot I was supposed to go to a party, and in my boundless wisdom I decided to bring it along in the hopes of finishing it. Because, you know, nobody will lose their mind if the First Daughter of the United States is seen reading a big gay nerdy book with a shimmery purple cover.

Why do I do this to myself?

Oh, yeah – because Mom is on a work trip in Paris and Vivian, my publicist, insisted that I couldn't spend two weeks holed up in the White House while she's gone and scheduled a whole bunch of Stuff for me to do instead. To be fair, some of it was actually cool – I got to be a guest of honour at a NASA launch down in Florida, which was right up there on the bucket list – but this mansion party full of self-obsessed famous people where my only objective is to show some face, I could do without.

Nevertheless, the blacked-out car pulls up outside an imposing grey-stone mansion, the quiet whirr of the electric motors already drowned out by the booming waves of music coming from inside. I slip the book back into the recesses of my bag as Scott, my lead Secret Service agent, turns to me from the front seat.

"We're here. Are you ready?"

I sigh. "As I'll ever be."

He gets out first to open the door for me, and I step out of the car. Doing so in a little party dress is a bit of a chore, but I pull it off with aplomb – all that etiquette training wasn't for nothing. Cameras flash and people yell my name – I could've sworn this was supposed to be a private affair, but you can never trust famous people. I approach the burly bouncer.

"Name?" he grunts, barely looking up at me.

"Naomi Mitchell," I say cheerily.

He nods. "You're on the list."

I nod back and walk through the grand, wide-open doors, wondering what I'm getting myself into.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
alright, screw it

have the first scene of the book I'm currently revising!

Tonight, the cornerstone of my life is in my handbag.

I keep touching the green leather bag as it gently wobbles beside me on the back seat, as if to remind myself that it's still there, because it will definitely be saving my sanity soon as Washington D.C. fades into the summer sunset behind me. At least I have some quiet for now – the car doesn't even have an engine to distract me, just the hum of an electric powertrain (this was a big deal for Mom). I still feel an awful lot of the leather seat under my short dress, though, and there's enough new-car smell left in this interior to keep my senses occupied.

I hope nobody notices how big the bag is. I had to pick out one of my larger ones because I had to fit an entire book into it – and not just any book, but the chunky, queer fantasy tome that has been living rent-free in my brain for the past week: Divinity's Call, by Rosa Trevino. I got so caught up in a reading binge today that I almost forgot I was supposed to go to a party, and in my boundless wisdom I decided to bring it along in the hopes of finishing it. Because, you know, nobody will lose their mind if the First Daughter of the United States is seen reading a big gay nerdy book with a shimmery purple cover.

Why do I do this to myself?

Oh, yeah – because Mom is on a work trip in Paris and Vivian, my publicist, insisted that I couldn't spend two weeks holed up in the White House while she's gone and scheduled a whole bunch of Stuff for me to do instead. To be fair, some of it was actually cool – I got to be a guest of honour at a NASA launch down in Florida, which was right up there on the bucket list – but this mansion party full of self-obsessed famous people where my only objective is to show some face, I could do without.

Nevertheless, the blacked-out car pulls up outside an imposing grey-stone mansion, the quiet whirr of the electric motors already drowned out by the booming waves of music coming from inside. I slip the book back into the recesses of my bag as Scott, my lead Secret Service agent, turns to me from the front seat.

"We're here. Are you ready?"

I sigh. "As I'll ever be."

He gets out first to open the door for me, and I step out of the car. Doing so in a little party dress is a bit of a chore, but I pull it off with aplomb – all that etiquette training wasn't for nothing. Cameras flash and people yell my name – I could've sworn this was supposed to be a private affair, but you can never trust famous people. I approach the burly bouncer.

"Name?" he grunts, barely looking up at me.

"Naomi Mitchell," I say cheerily.

He nods. "You're on the list."

I nod back and walk through the grand, wide-open doors, wondering what I'm getting myself into.

Ahhhh, I love it. I started clapping my hands, it reads sort of like the little romance novels I read back in highschool. I had this moment of 'why the daughter of the potus' followed by 'actually why do i care? its fiction and it is GOOD'.

I take it this is a book you are looking to maybe publish some day? I wish you luck, thats a big goal if so!

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Poison
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tired, beleagured amateur author with an unhealthy addiction to Isekai. He's kinda funny, though!
my brain is frazzled from writing Serious Conversations in my other stuff over the last week or so, which i took as a sign to let the astra crystallum characters just banter back and forth for an evening and Be Funny

“You seem troubled, most esteemed leader.” Speaking of pains in the arse, Oberon’s voice is an admittedly welcome distraction- the dandy is both loath to be ignored and excellent conversation, and the latter will currently outweigh the former. “Care to share?”

Michael shrugs. “Just bracing for Hurricane Norman,” he says without further prompting. “You know, when he inevitably demands to know why a single hair on his son is out of place.”

“We could throw Gwendolyn to the wolves; between her and May, the answer is bound to be one of them.”

… That’s a puzzler. “Gwen– wait, that’s her name!?” Michael’s head whips to the side, eyes intently scanning Oberon for any sign that the man is chatting complete shit. “Seriously? Powers, I thought it’d be something much more embarrassing than Gwendolyn.”

Oberon gives him a theatrical sigh. “I’ve told her many a time that ‘tis a perfectly fine name, but you’ll not get her to relent- or, if you try, please wait until I’m well away from her.”

Michael barks a laugh of sorts. “What, and deal with her by myself? Nah, the distressed panda is more your look, mate.” This gets the reaction he wants from the braggart; Oberon winces and rubs at the bruising that Nougat left him with in their last round of sparring. “Thought you were supposed to be the master of fighting dirty.”

He sniffs haughtily. “I am- that just wasn’t a fight.

“Just because you’re better off playing with poisons than slugging it out,” Michael says, a sing-song lilt in his voice, “doesn’t make Nougat beating the tar out of you not a fight. You got a few hits in before you went down, didn’t you? A couple of them were even below the belt, weren’t they?”

… Oh, now that’s an expression from Oberon that heralds something good. “I can’t help how short the madam is,” he says, a smirk forming that could be described as thoroughly shit-eating. “When you’re as tall as I, you do have to punch rather downwards, you know.”

“Yeah, just be careful the ankle-biters don’t punch back,” Michael says, good humour now well and truly restored. “You might not want to use the crown jewels for their intended purpose, but that’s no reason to let ‘em get battered and bruised.”

• Haha

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I finished lining this Sombre panel and I kinda like the composition of it. That is all.
SPOILER_IMG_E2578.JPG

• Wow

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
I finished lining this Sombre panel and I kinda like the composition of it. That is all.
SPOILER_IMG_E2578.JPG
something about this braixen has the same energy as
elmo-rise-loop.gif

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
Hello all, and welcome to another...

g-gif-update.gif

Come show me what you've done this week! Or don't, that's good, too.

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
This week... I posted a new chapter of my storylocke, Three of Hearts! Here's a lil' snippet.

Anita looks up at the rickety metal walkways bolted to the outside edge of the building, a few dozen feet up. "You're right. You think there's a way up there? Actually, don't answer that – I think Fennel gave me just the thing."

She pulls a small plastic disc from her bag and inspects it. "Hydrosnipe Ascender. Apparently based on some Galarian spec ops tactics – it's height advantage in a box, or so I'm told."

"How does it work?" I ask.

She puts it down on the ground in the shadow of one of the catwalks. "We're about to find out."

She tentatively takes a step onto the disc, then pulls out her phone and flicks up a control display. "So if I press this – whoa!"

The "whoa" is because as soon as she presses the button on her phone, a high-pressure jet of water launches her into the air, a little higher than the catwalk she was aiming for. To her credit, she sticks the landing like a superhero, casually flicking water off her shoes as she stands up.

She looks down at me, laughing. "That was awesome. Care to join me?"

I put my hands on my hips. "What happened to me being mission leader?"

"Sometimes, you gotta take initiative."

"Jerk."

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
A snippet of tomorrow's blog article. It should be noted that while the blog article itself contains a number of ScVi spoilers, this snippet does not. Unless you count my being critical of many of Gen 9's new Pokemon as somehow a spoiler.

Today we shall begin a momentous occasion that, at the rate Game Freak is going, is very likely to become a yearly occurrence: the Trollkitten Thanksgiving Roast. Namely, I pick some aspect of the recently released Pokemon game (because there's always a recently released Pokemon game this time of year) and roast it mercilessly. I don't usually enjoy doing this sort of thing -- I've stated that I'd rather be a happy shill than an angry critic -- but this time around I think the Paldea Pokedex deserves it.

But first, an explanation. I do not hate Scurvy by any means. Despite its massive flaws (and I mean massive), it is one of the most fun new Pokemon experiences I've had in a long while. However, I have as much a right to my opinion as anybody here, and while probably the most roastable aspect of Scurvy would be the fact that sometimes it runs like the River Ankh, that wouldn't be a very long or entertaining article, so instead I've drawn my attention to the portion of the game most inconsistent in quality: the Pokemon designs.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Poison
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tired, beleagured amateur author with an unhealthy addiction to Isekai. He's kinda funny, though!
i'm having fun writing new characters in a gijinka-ish gen 9 setting

("what if 'haha weed cat' wasn't all haha")

“Don’t be alarmed,” Clavell had said, “this is just a social call.” A claim that immediately put Gail on edge; rare was the person who acted without an ulterior motive, especially when they were as important as the Director. It was a little bit like all those security guards and attendants claiming that she was being ‘randomly’ searched, when she knew that what she was was plastered all over her ID and she knew the stats. “Unless… there is something I should know?”

“N-No sir!” Cody was the first to speak up, which was no surprise to Gail; bless him, the big guy had always worn his heart on his sleeve and was very outspoken about it. It was the number one cause of the fights that she and Quinn had gotten into over the years- people had often thought that picking on the gentle giant was a fun way to pass the time, and the two had objected to that, Rather violently, to the point that her parents had long since expected her first criminal charge to be assault-related rather than the family’s traditional drug-related ones.

She was still gunning for ‘none of the above, actually’ and would consider it a great accomplishment if she somehow got through her time at Naranja without getting arrested despite people’s best efforts to try her. Besides, if anyone was going to pick up an assault charge of the three, it was Quinn; for all his neatness and attention to detail, he was the most overly aggressive of them, and the bigots were still, unfortunately, the bigots.

Users who are viewing this thread