• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Fan Teen The Daily Conspiracy Pokedex

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Oops! ALL WORLDBUILDING
OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
While Kingler's largest claw is as hard as steel and possesses a 10,000 horsepower grip -- able to even open the shells of Cloyster -- its unwieldy size makes it difficult to aim, providing a necessary handicap in Pokemon battles. Outside of battle, the claw is actually an impairment, being too large and heavy for most tasks.

The secret to Kingler's ecological success given the trade-off of its claw is that despite the difficulty in using it, it remains a powerful weapon and the best defense a Pokemon could ask for. No predator ever clashes with a Kingler twice; should they survive the incident, they know well enough to not only avoid the species like the plague, but to warn others of their kind to never attempt to eat such a creature.

Kingler, thankfully, are intelligent and empathic enough not to turn the full power of their claw against opponents in friendly battles, but they remain one of the least likely powerhouses of our world -- and with the recent rediscovery of their Gigantamax form, even more so.

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Spoiler warning: contains a reference to a Gen 9 Pokemon

While this species dates all the way back to the ancient Celestica people of Hisui, the modern variant not so much; pure Electric Voltorb were only recently discovered in a Silph Co. factory that mass produced various types of Poke Balls. As Hisuian Voltorb evolved through use of a Leaf Stone and Kantonian Voltorb does not, it is questionable whether or not the two species are truly related, or are a case of convergence such as Diglett and Wiglett.

Conspiracy theories claim that Silph Co.'s attempts at Poke Ball innovation prior to the invention of the Master Ball included plans for a 'smart ball' with a rudimentary AI similar to that of what eventually became Porygon. While no definitive proof of such a project has been confirmed, heavily redacted 'leaks' posted online by a ex-Rocket operative that purportedly carried out the infamous raid on Silph Co. seem to indicate that Silph canceled several undisclosed projects for 'smart balls' when an error in their programming caused them to overheat and explode. Silph denies all allegations and insists that they did not accidentally create a new and dangerous species of Pokemon, and that if they did, they certainly wouldn't have produced a product quite that glitchy.

Claims that Voltorb is a Poke Ball possessed by a ghost Pokemon such as Haunter or Rotom are to be taken with a grain of salt, as ghost Pokemon have been captured in Poke Balls since the very invention of Poke Balls and have not yet been seen to evolve into Voltorb.

I love this little theory that I literally just came up with yesterday while writing the article itself. I wanted to explain why Hisuian Voltorb is Grass type and Kantonian Voltorb is not.

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
The use of electric Pokemon for power has been controversial in recent years. After the infamous explosion at the Viridian City Pokemon Center, it was revealed that the center had 'employed' dozens of Pikachu as living batteries to fuel their healing machines. This led to protests from the Indigo League's Elite Four and was the first step in the rise of a grassroots political organization that would eventually be known as Team Plasma.

At one point during this period of political unrest, mysterious files were 'leaked' purportedly revealing that Silph Co. was not only responsible for creating the modern Voltorb and Electrode, but they were meant for more that just 'smart balls.' Electrode can store large amounts of electricity within their hollow bodies, and the 'leaked' -- and heavily redacted -- files indicated that they were meant to draw electricity from other Pokemon and transfer it into mechanical devices. Should this be their true purpose, however, they are certainly less than capable of it; they are far more likely to simply drain all of the electrical energy present in an area until they explode.

While the mass usage of Pokemon as a power source was largely scrapped, there are some holdouts in the modern era: the Rotom Dex and Rotom Phone are both powered by Rotom, and of course there was that recent incident in Galar regarding Chairman Rose attempting to drain power from Eternatus to bring on the Darkest Day. Perhaps one would be wise to heed the warning of Kanto's abandoned power plant, where the prototype Electrode are believed to still reside; according to another redacted report, the plant was only abandoned when the mighty Zapdos descended from the heavens and drove away the humans that mistreated the electric Pokemon within.

This one was meant to explain why Electrode are so often found at power plants, and was inspired by the Electrode at the Team Rocket hideout in Johto.

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Potential Gen 9 spoiler/speculation warning

When the modern-day Voltorb was discovered, it was immediately believed to be related to the Voltorb of Hisui's ancient history, made famous as one of the ten Pokemon trained by Hisui's ancient hero and which sired a vast lineage of Noble Pokemon within the Coronet Highlands. However, records of what has been dubbed Hisuian Voltorb indicate that it was much different in temperament than the modern Voltorb, and its ancient origins strongly suggest that it was Poke Balls that were modeled after Voltorb, and not the other way around.

Unlike modern Voltorb, Hisuian Voltorb appears to have been a natural-born Pokemon rather than a human construct, as it carried seeds within its shell that could grow other Voltorb. Additionally, it possessed a hole at the top of its head which it expelled energy from, believed to be the inspiration for the vent atop the Poke Balls of that era that put out steam upon a successful capture.

Recent rumors have suggested that the timespace distortions of the last Hisuian era may have returned in certain areas, bringing Pokemon from the past and future to the shores of the Paldea region. I must investigate further.

While the rumors in the last paragraph should be taken with a grain of salt -- there is yet no official confirmation that Great Tusk and Iron Treads are paradox forms, or on how time travel would work in ScVi -- I was working with what I have at this time. Just because it's a conspiracy Pokedex doesn't mean that everything in it is necessarily correct in-universe.

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Records from Professor Laventon's original Pokedex place Hisuian Electrode as weighing 71 kilograms/156.5 pounds, not an insignificant weight in the slightest. However, these same records indicate that the Noble Electrode of the Coronet Highlands spent much of its time high within the branches of a tree.

My research thus far has borne no clear explanation for this. There is no record of any Electrode, Hisuian or otherwise, producing any sort of appendages from its spherical form, so the most likely explanation is that Hisuian Electrode simply rolled up trees at high speed. This hypothesis carries its own problems, such as how Electrode could have possibly perceived its surroundings while whirling around at such an intense rate, and how the tree itself could conceivably survive the encounter.

I should however note that it was widely believed in the Hisui era that Voltorb grew on trees and would sometimes drop out of them onto people's heads. Perhaps the reproduction system of this Pokemon was in fact arboreal, but if it was, no living Voltorb trees exist in Sinnoh's modern era, and that still does not explain why and how an Electrode would bring itself up there to begin with. Perhaps Hisuian Electrode was a parasitic plant, laying its seeds on trees to sap their strength and develop its young.

So when you encounter Noble Electrode in Legends Arceus, it falls down from a tree.

What is a Hisuian Electrode doing in a tree?

What is a Hisuian Electrode doing in a tree?

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because she’s the two rarest types, she’s the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
it grows a tree from under it.

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Third possibility, Hisuian Electrode is or can make itself sticky to climb up things.
it grows a tree from under it.
Both excellent possibilities! (Although perhaps Electrode doesn't make itself sticky, but emits a static charge to cling to things?)

Well, it is one week from Scarlet and Violet releasing, and I wanted to address a few things.

First of all, I do plan on covering any Gen 9 variations of Gen 1 Pokemon in this Pokedex, but I want to keep the Pokedex organized by species rather than Pokedex number, so my plan is to edit in any relevant Gen 9 species/regional variants at their appropriate places and then post a link to the spot they're in rather than mess up the order. It's either peak organization or OCD, and honestly I don't care which.

Second... regarding updates. I'd hoped to continue updating this Pokedex until Gen 9 came out, then take a break for until I'd finished the game so I wouldn't have to worry about spoiling myself on Bulbapedia. Unfortunately, my mom fractured her ankle, and with both my dad and my brother working, I'm going to have to pick up the torch of doing things that Mom needs done and/or isn't able to do herself... for probably at least three months. Having to be 'on call' for her is probably going to affect how much spare time I have to work on creative projects, so I think it's probably best to focus my attention on doing my part to keep this house running rather than spending most of my time behind a screen. And that's going to affect my progress on creative projects, including the Daily Conspiracy Pokedex.

If any of you are the praying sort, prayers are appreciated!

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
So I've spent some time looking at Scurvy's Pokedex, and without spoiling anything, I think my mode of operations will be to continue the Daily Conspiracy Pokedex the way I've been doing it so far, with the Pokemon grouped by species association rather than Pokedex numbers (including new species that aren't related in evolution line but are clearly visually based around Kanto mons, including Convergent and Paradox forms), but I'll wait to write articles on the Gen 9 Pokemon until I've finished with all the 'Kantonian' mons from Gens 1-8. Reason being that we've only just learned that many of these new Pokemon exist, so there isn't nearly as much lore to draw from as there are for the older species. (Heck, we don't even know for sure if there's gonna be an anime for Scurvy.)

Given that it's Thanksgiving week and I have to figure out what smartphone I'm buying on Black Friday (if I indeed do manage to make a decision by Black Friday), and after that there's preparing for Christmas, it's highly probable that you'll have to wait a bit longer before the Daily Conspiracy Pokedex resumes updates. Rest assured, I have not forgotten that it exists!

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
So I've looked at the list of new Pokemon in Paldea that are connected to already existing Gen 1 Pokemon, and... well, spoiler alert, there aren't actually that many, and the only ones that aren't from Pokemon I've already covered is the three Tauros forms, which I'll probably only dedicate one entry for the three of them because I have no desire nor inclination to write four Pokedex entries in a row about the same Pokemon. But I'd still kind of like to start writing conspiracy Pokedex entries for the new arrivals (properly spoiler tagged, of course), despite how little we currently know about them. So I'd like to ask you readers: would you prefer me to start writing Kanto-related Paldean Pokemon dex entries now, or do you want me to give it some time to allow more information to surface on them from various media?

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because she’s the two rarest types, she’s the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
that's a tough question. uhm. I think we should wait and get more material. We don't want to rush things out when there isn't enough stuff-this isn't a pokemon game!

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Well, I went and asked the question but then I got the itch to write the new Gen 9 articles anyway. You can find the article for Scream Tail here, and it was a lot -- I mean a LOT -- of fun to write. (To avoid unwanted spoilers, I will be marking the spoiler tags for Paldean Pokemon with "???" rather than the species name.)

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Yeah, that's fair. I read it. very chill.
hold up, it says it's a billion years old? really? that's not...
okat then.

something i know will probably not be adressed in here considering it's a pretty unimportant item, but i feel like i might as well ask your opinion bc this is about worldbuilding and I want to see what other people think-in sci-fi (which is what i'm choosing to call scurvy) there's tm-making items of Voltrorb, Rotom, and Toxel Sparks.
you can't really carry electricity in a bag. thoughts?
i'm imagining like little yellow orbs that either just like form spontaneously around them or like. hairballs. they become cats for five seconds and cough up hairballs.

Last edited:
OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
something i know will probably not be adressed in here considering it's a pretty unimportant item, but i feel like i might as well ask your opinion bc this is about worldbuilding and I want to see what other people think-in sci-fi (which is what i'm choosing to call scurvy) there's tm-making items of Voltrorb, Rotom, and Toxel Sparks.
you can't really carry electricity in a bag. thoughts?
i'm imagining like little yellow orbs that either just like form spontaneously around them or like. hairballs. they become cats for five seconds and cough up hairballs.
I don't have a decent explanation for this, but I will note that in Gen 4, the accessory case could hold Sparks, Shimmering Fire, Mystic Fire, and Puffy Smoke. So no, I don't know what the deal is there.

On that note, the next Pokedex entry has been posted! Spoiler warning as usual.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
caught up just in time to have to skim the spoilered text

i hope your mom is healing up well, and i hope you get time to really enjoy the new game C:

OP
Trollkitten

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
The next entry in The Daily Conspiracy Pokedex has dropped! Enjoy! (Or don't, if you're avoiding spoilers.)

Users who are viewing this thread