• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia The Big Red Button Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
my rebuttal is that why would i have defended them if i knew they were maf - especially when i knew they would be voted out anyway

i looked back at the egge vote and i don't remember why i did that either, so take that as you would, i guess

edit: i thought i had posted this already but apparently not, whoops

at this point i'm gonna just go out on a limb and vote: cal if i haven't yet

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
at this point i'm gonna just go out on a limb and vote: cal if i haven't yet

fH05aCW.gif

greenchu

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dead: Cirr - Villager

...Which means we're down to 1 Villager and 1 Mafia Goon which is a mafia victory!

Winners:
Tailsimp - Mafia Goon
TheTRUEgge - Mafia Goon

and...
SweatingCalendar - Mafia Goon

this is where i'd post the doc, but given that this was basically vanilla mafia i don't think it was necessary

Random thoughts on the game:

• Before the game started I was a bit unsure of the split myself. If we got the 15 players I wanted I would have gone 12/3. 11/2 felt like it might favor Village too much, and 10/3 felt like it favored mafia more than I intended. Seemed like things ended up alright with Village getting maf D2 and D3 (with some thanks to Calendar perhaps unnecessarily swinging the lynch on them in both cases), and the game going down to a 2/1 scenario.

• I think Akane's activity on Day 1 is in the right, if you are a Villager who is potentially going to be lynched then you should defend yourself because you know that Village is making a mislynch by eliminating you. I think this is even more true in vanilla, where you can't really have a Villager compliantly go along with a lynch on themselves since there are not PRs to be able to back up Village with additional information. I think the issue just was that some of their early posts checked off a few scumtell boxes, and then Overkill and others kind of tunnel-visioned on that, going for confirmation bias in the resulting defenses.

• I think the button mechanic seemed to work really well, even if it was activated on Day 1. There were a lot of different schools of thought on it, and honestly I think pretty much every opinion on it is valid to some degree. Like, aligning yourself one way or another on when you would ideally like to use the button really doesn't give players information on your alignment (in my opinion). Arguing to button D1 or D2 could be done as Village to get more info more quickly, and could be done as Mafia to get Village to use the button on a less useful target. And arguing to use the button lategame is fair for Villager since that's when it's most powerful, but Mafia could prefer that so they don't get the additional information sooner and 3 votes are easier to manipulate than 5 into still using it on a less "useful" target in that moment. I personally would've tried to avoid using it Day 1, I think I would've tried to get Village to play truly vanilla mafia until we felt like we needed to use it, but otherwise I'd rather use it sooner than save it for endgame scenarios.

• I disagree with mafia not killing Undyne sooner. Yes they haven't been as active or 'correct' as other players in deducing information, but it's still 1 known quantity for Village with every vote. Like on Day 4 with 1 mafia member left and Undyne alive, Village's odds of lynching Calendar that phase are 1 in 5, whereas with Undyne dead it's 1 in 6. Getting another mislynch and then killing Undyne does lead to a greater spike in Calendar's chance to win if Calendar kills them then (Village randomly lynches maf 1 in 3 times down to 1 in 4), but I still don't think it's worth it giving Village more confirms earlier, plus it's not like they're truly randomly lynching. And Village is always going to NL if needed in endgame to avoid MYLO anyways. Killing Overkill to potentially frame Akane instead is more understandable to me, same for killing Eevee N2, but going 3 night phases without killing Undyne is probably too many.

• I'd say Village's fatal flaw was assuming Calendar was innocent due to being the catalyst for both the Tails and Egge votes. From an outsider's perspective, if this was indeed the case then I would imagine he would get NK'd over someone like Akane or even Anemone, yet he remained to the final 3 which would make me much more suspicious of him if I'm one of the last players remaining. Not to mention the fact that he was the hammer vote to reveal Undyne; hammer votes are always something that should be scrutinized imo.

Overall, this game was even better than what I could have hoped for, honestly. Lots of good discussion, wine in front of me's, stream of consciousness, essays, scumhunting, fake scumhunting, and just enough shitposting to grease the wheels at times; it was a joy to watch. The only thing I didn't like is that as being the host knowing all of the information, I couldn't truly "submerge" myself in the game to understand it from the player's perspectives and play alongside them. Vanilla mafia can understandably be a bit boring at times without flavor and power roles to add intrigue, but you guys kept a great energy that made the game a joy to read and showed what mafia is all about. Everyone played well and should be proud (even you, Veegee). Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope you had at least as much fun playing as I had hosting. And shoutout spectator chat as well!

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
This was an absolutely delightful game to play in and I had a ton of fun! Discussion was great, and it was really fun as mafia to watch the village just. rip itself apart in D1 and D2 haha.

Oh, and AKANE! You probably wondered why you stayed alive for so long, and I’ll tell ya!
We decided to make you honorary mafia because we wanted you to live past D1 :^)

Anyways mafia logs if you want ‘em, I recommend checking the pins as they are very funny: https://discord.gg/Rk2cXffM

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Village's fatal flaw was assuming Calendar was innocent due to being the catalyst for both the Tails and Egge votes.
well :(

SweatingCalendar

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
YYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK

Tbh I was expecting to get lynched D1 after Eevee voted for me for pressing the button. I didn’t really think the play through to how village would react lol. I was too impatient & desperate to get rid of village’s most valuable resource (which made abit more desprate too was the options were between Undyne & Tails for the button press which I’m lucky nobody connected us as mafs from that)

I didn’t intend to marinate you Akane ;_; we all wanted & cheered for you to play past D1!

All in all, after Egg died, if I said I was confident we were going to win I would be lying to you, I was preparing myself for the lost mentally right up til the end, so I’m euphoric that we pulled the win!

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
I FORGOT TO ACTUALLY READ THE THREAD FUCK
ksfgjnkn ok my. stupidity aside im actually not sure if
if i actually remembered i needed to fucking. reply to this thread, i don't actually know if that'd have changed the outcome at all because i was
mostly suspicious of cirr because he kept... just. not defending himself. can't tell if it was confirmation bias tho.

something i wanted to pressure cal on after i got an actual answer from cirr was the 'hey we shouldn't press the button' d1 vs... being the final button pusher, but ofc i was. Not On The Thread, like a dingus.

again, not sure if that'd have changed my mind + the outcome of the game and we'll never find out lmao oops

anyways well played maf

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
ok uhhhh here. thoughts on final day:
i... actually wanted to sus calendar a lot more than i did, especially now that all the higher-priority targets were dead
it was basically the same reason i was so insistent on rue: barely coasting by in terms of activity is suspicious
but the main reason for my sus of calendar was due to corni saying cal plays very similarly no matter if he's village or mafia in hacksmaf. which started after this game. which i wasn't certain was metagaming or not, so i. refrained from doing so. unsure if that was the right call or not.

cirr was cirring but i couldn't tell if he was being more insistent on reads than is usual. i think he was. again, cannot tell if it's confirmation bias but it felt like he was?? flailing around in terms of 'welp it's a foregone conclusion' esp. with the time we were discussing near the middle of the last day phase, where he just. pivoted to vote me instead.
all in all, i was incorrectly more suspicious of cirr and that was. A Problem.

as previously mentioned, i wanted to talk about the fact cal locked in the hammer vote especially since he was one of the 'i don't want to vote early' people. i'm fairly sure my vote would still be dependent on if cirr actually went and defended himself alongside w/e cal said here.

also i think i trusted dead villagers' reads too much re: anemone @ rue and akane @ cirr so that was
an issue

Akane

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon rarely does anything useful. He has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.
Oh well I would have never voted you in a million years lol, you played this beautifully Cal
Logs?

SweatingCalendar

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
but the main reason for my sus of calendar was due to corni saying cal plays very similarly no matter if he's village or mafia in hacksmaf

Funny thing is that my first thought when I read Corni’s scumhunt of me was “Fuck I hope nobody in Buttonmaf read this” Lmfaooooooooo

greenchu

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh right here are the mafia logs

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Oh well, good job mafia. I don’t think Calendar was particularly high on anyone’s lists

Still mad I was lynched for no reason

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
GG everyone! This game was so fun- even after I died it was great to watch. I'm sad I ended up being the weakest link and lynched first, which threw sus on Egge- but hey, that's how it goes! Good job to village cause yall did not make this easy!

Also personal apologies to Undyne, because you always seem to defend me when I'm mafia 😭

Anemone

i am betrayal
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
call me mon
gg maf but yeah I kinda thought it might have been calendar when rue flipped village

too bad I was, y'know, dead and couldn't tell anyone that

but imagine how cool it would have been if I called all three mafia on like day 2

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
my conclusion: I do much better when there are less people alive

unfortunately the side effect is that I just get more and more suspicious as the game goes by until I implode from > Cirr is always maf

Users who are viewing this thread