• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Alola Teen Mon Sun's Trials: A Pokemon Ultra Sun Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Kalani Kukui never expected to return to Alola after her father's death, but after prompting from her mother and sister, she finds herself in an old but familiar place. After meeting an excitable Litten, Kalani is thrust into a journey across Alola, but little does she know what she will discover.

GreyestGray

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Pokédex Entry
A writer and artist with a bad case of social anxiety. But underneath a nervous exterior is someone who strives to be as kind as they can be.

Based on a Nuzlocke playthrough of Pokemon Ultra Sun

Kalani Kukui never expected to return to Alola after her father's death, but after prompting from her mother and sister, she finds herself in an old but familiar place.
After meeting an excitable Litten, Kalani is thrust into a journey across Alola, but little does she know what she will discover.

~~~

Rules
  • If a Pokemon faints, it’s dead. Box it forever.
  • Can only catch the first encounter on each route
    • Shiny Clause is On
    • In case of a dupe catch, you have only one chance to catch another. But if it’s another dupe, tough luck.
  • Z-Moves are banned
  • All catches must be nicknamed
  • Legendaries may be caught, but not used.

~~~

Page 1: December 24th
Page 2: TBA
Page 3: TBA

At long last. It's ready.
... on December 24th ;D
Howdy! If this is your first time meeting me, you can call me Gray! I'm an aspiring writer n' stuff, and one of my biggest goals was to start a comic based on a Nuzlocke run. And here we go! My goal is to improve my writer, art, and perspective during the run. Also, it'd be nice to improve my punctuality, but ya know... procrastination
This will also be readable on Tapas, though until December 24th, it will not be published.
As of now, I am not sure what the update schedule is going to be, but I will aim to have the prologue finished in 3 weeks (1 page per week). I will need to draw more pages to gage how much time I need to take.
(also, i didn't do the post game. heck that)​

bumblebee

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
The art looks so good! I'm so excited for this run to start 👀

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Heyo! Riboo from DA here, can't wait to see your run start *Sits here patiently/impatiently*

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Oh yo, it's cool to see your comic in action! I remember seeing your Litten refs a while ago when you were trying to nail down how you wanted to draw the fuzzy bugger, and thought they were pretty cool.

Lookin' forward to how this turns out! See ya in like a week lol

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Aaa this is such a cool and intriguing premise, and a cute art style with wonderful designs! I'm always excited to see more Gen 7 nuzlockes, and I'm so excited to see your take on Ultra Sun.

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Super exciting to see the official thread starting! I still can’t get over how cute Kalani looks, I just want to hug her!! Can’t wait to see her and her Litten in action once the comic starts :D

GreyestGray

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Pokédex Entry
A writer and artist with a bad case of social anxiety. But underneath a nervous exterior is someone who strives to be as kind as they can be.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
skhdjahd i was not expecting all the support I got almost immediately. I'll preface my replies by thanking everyone who even just looked at my thread :D Y'all are making me really excited to get the story going

The art looks so good! I'm so excited for this run to start 👀
Thank you! I'm super excited too, there are so many characters I can't wait to introduce and things I'm excited to draw!

Heyo! Riboo from DA here, can't wait to see your run start *Sits here patiently/impatiently*
fdjkbsfs, I'm on the same page. Thank you so much :D

Oh yo, it's cool to see your comic in action! I remember seeing your Litten refs a while ago when you were trying to nail down how you wanted to draw the fuzzy bugger, and thought they were pretty cool.

Lookin' forward to how this turns out! See ya in like a week lol
Litten is my baby and his fuzziness is supreme. Thank you! I can't wait to start :DDD

Aaa this is such a cool and intriguing premise, and a cute art style with wonderful designs! I'm always excited to see more Gen 7 nuzlockes, and I'm so excited to see your take on Ultra Sun.
Aaaaa, thank you! I'm happy to see that people are interested in the story and art ;u;
honestly, I'm a big fan of Alola, so I'm super excited that I was able to complete Ultra Sun

Super exciting to see the official thread starting! I still can’t get over how cute Kalani looks, I just want to hug her!! Can’t wait to see her and her Litten in action once the comic starts :D
Kalani and Litten are my children, I am also super excited to have these two in full swing.

Again, thank you all! I'm so happy to see so many people are as excited as I am for the comic to start :D

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Litten squad all the way, wondering how this will play out

GreyestGray

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Pokédex Entry
First page is up ;DDDDDDD
happy holidays too ^^

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
I wonder if dad was Nanu's partner in poke-interpol
The one that got caught in Ultra beast incident and got swallowed by Guzzlord

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
another family destroyed by dabbing :crying:

Jokes aside, interesting take on the family. Gives a lot more oomph to coming back to Alola given the circumstances of leaving for Kanto, and Emil as the traditional Kukui is an interesting twist I didn't see coming w/ the description.

Now that would be a heck of a surprise for sure, them being the Faller. Def seems he was in some policey stuff, will be fun to see how that develops and what went down with him and Nanu.

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Well that sucks
this comic is looking good tho

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
the comic is here!!!!

I just wanna say that the Alolan Persian in that one panel looks so fluffy oh my gosh I want to hug it—
An interesting but sad introduction so far... waiting for Litten to bring some cheer into Kalani’s life!

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh man I'm excited for all this already < W< Just the whole family thing, then some tips about what may be going on already with the Ultra Wormhole stuff that the dad was looking at in that one panel.

Also I see a young Nanu up in here! Loving the way yu draw Pokemon so far, they're all very distinct and FLUFFY

GreyestGray

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Water, ???
Pokédex Entry
skjdagdskjah thank's y'all for all the support :D I'm having so much fun drawing pages and I'm so excited to progress the comic!
happy new years everyone! hopefully 2021 will be at least a little merciful ;u;

Here are all my replies! sorry it took so long, thank you all so much for your interest
I will say that Nanu and dad knew each other ;D

another family destroyed by dabbing :crying:

Jokes aside, interesting take on the family. Gives a lot more oomph to coming back to Alola given the circumstances of leaving for Kanto, and Emil as the traditional Kukui is an interesting twist I didn't see coming w/ the description.

Now that would be a heck of a surprise for sure, them being the Faller. Def seems he was in some policey stuff, will be fun to see how that develops and what went down with him and Nanu.
Nanu is honestly a favorite of mine, so I did want to give him a slightly more signifigant role

Well that sucks
this comic is looking good tho
the fam is goin through it. thank you!

the comic is here!!!!

I just wanna say that the Alolan Persian in that one panel looks so fluffy oh my gosh I want to hug it—
An interesting but sad introduction so far... waiting for Litten to bring some cheer into Kalani’s life!
drawing fluffy pokemon is a passion.
I am so excited to introduce Litten properly *u*

Oh man I'm excited for all this already < W< Just the whole family thing, then some tips about what may be going on already with the Ultra Wormhole stuff that the dad was looking at in that one panel.

Also I see a young Nanu up in here! Loving the way yu draw Pokemon so far, they're all very distinct and FLUFFY
This page was a lot of fun to draw! i knew what I wanted to draw for the third panel and it came out so good. And i love drawing fluffy pokemon, so expect more ;)

also, i noticed that I forgot to mention mom and dad's name. That's poor planning on my part. sorry about that, y'all! rest assured, in the first page, we'll learn their names

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Imma head to kanto to slap all of the kids there and scold them for being STUPID

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Man, this poor babu, bullied over something like that :'( though I feel like that's something that could be proven? Though that's me getting ahead of myself, I wonder if Kalani might have tried to do so and people just continued not to believe or if as a child she just withdrew because of the bad experiences its brought :'(

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Catch me teleporting directly to Kanto to give tiny baby Kalani a hug!! Hopefully things will get better for her when she gets back to Alola and makes some real (human) friends ;_;

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Me @ art style: "Aw, this looks cute. c:"
Me @ description: "Dad is what!? :c"

Oh, phew, the dead Kukui is not the shirt-hating, himbo Kukui we all know and love. 😌 Still, grieving a human is one way to start a nuzlocke. An USUM nuzlocke, no less....

Also, bullying. Kids can be cruel. D:<

bumblebee

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
Ooooo!! I'm really interested to see if the Pokemon we see with Kalani are either part of a "failed" or "successful" run 👀 Also you got the mean kids down pat they really know where to hurt ya ooof

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)