• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Comic Alola Mature Mon Sundowner - An Ultra Sun Nuzlocke

Thread Description
The winds of Alola are blowing again. This time, it seems, they're looking to start a wildfire... [Latest: 11/30, Page 31]

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Can't wait to see what's got everyone so riled up about Lehua.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is that... a parent's name I see? Hey, they have to be better than Lusamine.
Pff, if we have a fine example of a 0 outta 10, the only way to go is up! Possibly. Probably!

Def like that there's a lot of intrigue going on in this page, especially the last panel and Leh's: "Ah shit, here we go again." Face XD
That face when...ALOLA. To which no small number of very disgruntled rats in a very rainy town would crush a can in MOOD.

Ugh, your Pokemon look so cool! Really digging the designs.

Lehua's neat! Private Detective isn't the most common protagonist profession, and already it's played with in the plot in a fun way. Looking forward to seeing how she juggles all the problems falling into her lap.
Thanks a bunch! Means a lot to hear that, since I'm still settling into drawing mons again, it's always a fun tightrope walk of how much to stylize.

In general, I noticed that adult protagonists are very rare - and the whole PI thing felt pretty natural for Alola. Just from that very...and another thing! nature of the plot. Theft! Aliens! More aliens! A gang! The hardboiled cup runneth over~

Hm, those townsfolk don't have particularly nice things to whisper about Lehua. There's clearly a lot of history between her and this island ceremony, and it's not good history. No wonder she stays away where she can, but also, this is going to unfold in an interesting way and I'm excited to see it.
Oh yes, it is fun to set up all of the bad blood going on that's for certain. Very much going by some very very stifling vibes I got from Alolan traditions that I got on my various playthroughs, so expect that all of this is gonna get elaborated upon :)

Oh I just adore this set up, I can already tell there's gonna be some juicy conflict from this scenario and it lets us get a tiny glimpse of our protagonist's past, super excited to see how this unfolds! (Side note, Fizz's expression in that one panel is just adorable)
Hehehe, yup. Conflict - it really is the lifeblood of a setup and I'm marinading in working on the build. And Fizz sure is giving me some appreciation for the OG electric rodents I didn't know I had.

Now this? This is Sang to a T and I love it to b

Can't wait to see what's got everyone so riled up about Lehua.
Glad to hear the build's proving to be interesting! And all will be clear in time~ all I can say so far that my interpretation of Alola is a bit less sunshine and rainbows than what the game tries to portray, so that'll be a deep dive :v:

Page 21 is up on Deviantart!

Finally we're getting into some action again! Time for one sassy little taser mouse to show he's not just all talk~

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pff, that moment when you're trying to take a battle seriously XD

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I love that Hau's nonchalance (which seems pretty close to canon so far) contrasts with the other people. We stan a good boyo. Hau's Pichu is a good too! :3

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
I'm glad that our girl's got at least two people, hau and lillie, that aren't muttering against her as she goes out.

Those pichu are both such butterballs lol

lostballoon

sleepytime tea connoisseur
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Hau and Lillie are such sweeties!! I'm glad Leh has at least a couple kids in her corner!! Also I LOVE that Hau's Pichu wants to be pals and helps to diffuse some of the tension built up by Leh's history with the townsfolk and the ceremony itself.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Hau is a good bean... and also thank u for this high dose of cheek squishes, it gives me life. ;v;
Love that panel with the view on the team from the top, the extreme angle gives a cool dynamic feel to the start of the battle!

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Pff, that moment when you're trying to take a battle seriously XD
RIP, Fizz, not gonna get that Cool Chu moment today... vo v

I love that Hau's nonchalance (which seems pretty close to canon so far) contrasts with the other people. We stan a good boyo. Hau's Pichu is a good too! :3
For sure, the way that Hau is just about the most chill person in the region is the reason I do enjoy his character a lot. And for this run? I do enjoy that I can use it as a good contrast to how a lot of other people are acting - a wall of negativity can be a bit much after a while. 10/10, would stan.

Hau and Lillie are such sweeties!! I'm glad Leh has at least a couple kids in her corner!! Also I LOVE that Hau's Pichu wants to be pals and helps to diffuse some of the tension built up by Leh's history with the townsfolk and the ceremony itself.
Given how they're sweet kids ingame and I am taking a more antagonistic approach with some other characters...yep, I enjoy having Lillie and Hau as a pleasant contrast to less pleasant grumblings, for sure. Hee, and ingame, the little guy would do nothing but spam charm. Charm, charm, more charm. I guess baby mons would just rather play than brawl.

Hau is a good bean... and also thank u for this high dose of cheek squishes, it gives me life. ;v;
Love that panel with the view on the team from the top, the extreme angle gives a cool dynamic feel to the start of the battle!
Hau's the best bean, always gotta have someone around who can contrast a bunch of very intense adults. And thanks a bunch! I am trying to play with some more dynamic angles here and there, so it's really nice to hear it's noticeable~

Hope you've all had a good Monday! This week I can, unfortunately only provide you with some WIPs and sneak peeks. Page 22 is well on its was by now, but me adjusting to a new job last week, as well as working on a proper cover for the comic in tandem has been eating some time out of my everyday. Sor for this update cycle, so to speak, here's a little show of my work during the last couple weeks:

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Ooooh sneak peeks! That cover is looking snazzy, a lot going on, all these characters and that dynamic pose with a little bit of top down view, can't wait to see how it turns out. Plus it'll be neat to be able to compare the rough glyphs of sketchwork to the final product that grew out of them.

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Lovely sneak peak > w> Can't wait to see the next page in full!

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
I LIVE! :V:

A great, big thanks to anyone who's enjoyed my little emergency sneak peeks while I was getting a breather from my everyday keeping me busy and exhausted. I'm feeling a lot better by now, so without further ado:

Page 22 is up on Deviantart!

In which one feline sidekick is starting to DOUBT Fizz' claims of being a fragile little baby more and more...

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Fizz used circle throw
wait!! Pichu aren't supposed to be able to learn that move!
also Lehua is only as tall as Hau?
is Hau older here?

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Hell yeah Fizz! He's certainly pulling his weight for the team despite being a Baby
I think Hau is starting to realize he might be a bit outclassed in terms of trainer experience in this battle (hopefully his Rowlet doesn't catch on fire again)

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pfff

I'm gonna steal Hau's mouse baby and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

Magicforbeginners

Generally Incompetent
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Draws, writes, lives. Poorly, but always improving.
Looks like someone's been eating his Wheaties.

Every time you upload a page, I have to sit and stare at Lehua's muscles for a bit. They're drawn so well. She looks like she could go toe-to-toe with a Dragonite and it's a perfect aesthetic for her character.

Rest in pieces, Hau's Rowlet.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Hau on the outside: "I know we're a bit on the backfoot..."
Hau on the inside:

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Gotta love an outside-the-box battle strategy that doesn't include mauling the baby!
Also the illumination from the PokéBall effect at the end looks epic ;v;

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
UPDATE DAY!

Page 23 is up on Deviantart~

Fizz used circle throw
wait!! Pichu aren't supposed to be able to learn that move!
also Lehua is only as tall as Hau?
is Hau older here?
Everything is possible with the power of SUPREME RODENT BRAT BABY! :v:

On a less jokey note, Lehua is very much 22 years old. And...she's just a very very very short adult woman, just barely 1,52m, which should be 5 foot in imperial measurements? Hau's been just slightly aged up to 13, so he's a bit taller than that, with Leh's heels making them about even.

Pfff

I'm gonna steal Hau's mouse baby and no one is going to convince me otherwise.
YES! That's one hundred percent the energy I was going for with that panel of uh-oh! Hau's gonna have to watch his floppy-eared chu, so many CUSTODY OF CHILD requests XD

I think Fizz must secretly be as jacked as Lehua!!! Also Hau's poor Rowlet looks TERRIFIED in that last panel (as he should be tbh)!
Fizz says: Never forget arm day! Maybe ransacking all those berries from the fridge was like chu protein for him :O

And oh yes, indeedy. He knows what's coming.....type matchups~

Hau on the outside: "I know we're a bit on the backfoot..."
Hau on the inside:
🔥THIS IS FINE / 10 🔥. Which is almost painfully fitting given who's about to join the fight...I'm terrible.

Gotta love an outside-the-box battle strategy that doesn't include mauling the baby!
Also the illumination from the PokéBall effect at the end looks epic ;v;
Grappling: when you're a pragmatist, but you really, really don't want to rough up a baby chu too much - just look at the innocent flop ears!

And thank you~! I really had fun with this panel, getting a taste for toying with lighting effects these days.

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Awww, poor Rowlet, the lil dude's gonna be terrified of fire before Hau's journey is over. You did a great job of showing our protagonist isn't really liked by the crowd, but not going overboard with it either. Really makes me feel sorry for her. Congrats on getting past the tutorial/opening part, can't wait to see what happens next!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)