• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Comic Alola Mature Mon Sundowner - An Ultra Sun Nuzlocke

Thread Description
The winds of Alola are blowing again. This time, it seems, they're looking to start a wildfire... [Latest: 11/30, Page 31]

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
That pichu is lucky he's so cute. Breaking and entering and theft, gets adopted as a consequence.

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lehua: "No one can break into my house and get away with it!"

Lehua: "Except babies. They can stay."
Of course! Just look at those big, sad electric mouse-chinchilla-rodent eyes! The cute compels you to go easy on em! :V

Baby Pokemon breaking all of the rules :B Let's see what kinda trouble they can get into~
It's just like my favorite rat movies! Fizz preys at night, he stalks at night he...gets into all of your snacks at night!

That pichu is lucky he's so cute. Breaking and entering and theft, gets adopted as a consequence.
"He can't keep getting away with it!" - Sangria, probably

Hey everyone! I'm back a bit later in the day than my usual, but that's just me figuring out some good posting times in my own timezone. Especially now that we've that summer time type of daylight savings to contend with.

That said, the new page's up and ready, now with some budding...friendship. Yeah...friendship!

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
I see someone is mad just because they can't zoomie to both shoulders now.

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Lovely colors, being forced to share the trainer shoulders with another mon, and a hidden exeggutor in the background. All in all,a great page update!~

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
oh hello strange cosplayers im sure you guys wont be important :P

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Just read through all of this. Lehua is such a unique protagonist. Can't wait to see how her investigation goes!

Last edited:

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
I see someone is mad just because they can't zoomie to both shoulders now.
It's a sad day...a very sad day when a cat gets his zoomies denied by a mouse. Extend an F to poor Sang.

Lovely colors, being forced to share the trainer shoulders with another mon, and a hidden exeggutor in the background. All in all,a great page update!~
Thanks a lot, I'm really having fun with the warm evening colors over here. Besides Alola's general colorfulness. Oh, and I've been trying to sneakily insert some exeggutors here and there, makes for a fun little...easter egg.

oh hello strange cosplayers im sure you guys wont be important :P
Why yes, I'm sure we won't see those two oddbballs again. Poor souls just got lost on their way to Poké-con :v:

Just read through all of this. Lehua is such a unique protagonist. Can't wait to see how her investigation goes!
And I'm glad to hear you enjoy what I've drawn so far. Always found Alola would be a fun playground for an older and slightly more contrarian protagonist, so here we are. We'll see how the case of the bagged nebula will go on~

It's Monday again, which means I got a new update to show ! The next mini milestone that is number 20 is approaching fast now.

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
All this electricity in the air and I'm like: Can I git me sum of those there meat skewers you got? P:

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Hala sees all and knows all! You can't escape the plot, Lehua!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Kukui's abs are here to greet us! And also Hala, who has the classic old-man-knows-what's-up sense about him.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Good thing Kukui stayed in Iki Town all this time. Hala is the local brain cell.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Hi!! I finally got around to reading your comic! It's impossible to not want to read it after having a look at the art! It's so impressive how fast you can make pages in this incredibly beautiful and detailed painting style. The humans! The Pokémon! The environments and lighting! Aaaah!! <3
And the story has such an enjoyably fresh setting too. I've never been big into detective stories before, but the way Lehua frames the narrative in her detective thoughts is really fun. My favourite part though is how she tried to get rid of the ~Sparkling Stone~ and how obvious it is that she can't escape it - the only question is how unpleasant it will be. :D
I'm excited to follow this story! >w<

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
All this electricity in the air and I'm like: Can I git me sum of those there meat skewers you got? P:
Ah, but there's just one problem...Fizz might go and just inhale all the skewers before that. A Chu's gotta eat!

Hala sees all and knows all! You can't escape the plot, Lehua!
It's an old people superpower, really. ....True, Hala may have a belligerent pocket fairy, but still, oldman power.

Kukui's abs are here to greet us! And also Hala, who has the classic old-man-knows-what's-up sense about him.
Tepigs will fly before that man puts on a shirt and deprives the region of those abs! Heh, yeah...open eye Hala can see everyone's sins. Everyone's.

Good thing Kukui stayed in Iki Town all this time. Hala is the local brain cell.
Hahahaha, to Kukui's credit, pretty sure he at least went back to the lab, instead of staying in the town square, T-posing. ...Though that's some great mental image.

Hi!! I finally got around to reading your comic! It's impossible to not want to read it after having a look at the art! It's so impressive how fast you can make pages in this incredibly beautiful and detailed painting style. The humans! The Pokémon! The environments and lighting! Aaaah!! <3
And the story has such an enjoyably fresh setting too. I've never been big into detective stories before, but the way Lehua frames the narrative in her detective thoughts is really fun. My favourite part though is how she tried to get rid of the ~Sparkling Stone~ and how obvious it is that she can't escape it - the only question is how unpleasant it will be. :D
I'm excited to follow this story! >w<
Aww, well, first of all, I just gotta say that I really appreciate the kind words. And it's just always nice to hear which scenes people enjoy in particular and, well, this just brightened my day, no exaggeration. Yeah, ingame, I just found there to be an undercurrent of Alola's traditions having a way of being stifling and asking people to be a certain way, lest they just fall through the cracks, just something about scratching at a pretty veneer a bit. In any case: thank you very much and I hope you'll continue to enjoy the run!

Page 20 is up on Deviantart!

And with it a tiny milestone, where I try to spruce up my update posts, as you can see. Here's to another 10 pages!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Is that... a parent's name I see? Hey, they have to be better than Lusamine.

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Def like that there's a lot of intrigue going on in this page, especially the last panel and Leh's: "Ah shit, here we go again." Face XD

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
Ugh, your Pokemon look so cool! Really digging the designs.

Lehua's neat! Private Detective isn't the most common protagonist profession, and already it's played with in the plot in a fun way. Looking forward to seeing how she juggles all the problems falling into her lap.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
ooh detective is a famous girl!
I wonder what is her father famous for
being the previous Kahuna perhaps?

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Hm, those townsfolk don't have particularly nice things to whisper about Lehua. There's clearly a lot of history between her and this island ceremony, and it's not good history. No wonder she stays away where she can, but also, this is going to unfold in an interesting way and I'm excited to see it.

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Oh I just adore this set up, I can already tell there's gonna be some juicy conflict from this scenario and it lets us get a tiny glimpse of our protagonist's past, super excited to see how this unfolds! (Side note, Fizz's expression in that one panel is just adorable)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)