Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Five years after her family moved to Unova, Lehua Sideron finds herself returning to her birthplace.
Motivated as she is to resolve some old, personal business, she finds herself
butting heads with all Alolan trappings and traditions that once made her teenage years
more than a little turbulent. To say nothing about the case of a mysterious girl with
a stolen pokémon in tow...
'Ganza 2020 // Best Artstyle:
1. If a Pokémon faints, it counts as dead and must be permanently boxed.
2. Dupes clause active. This extends to a pokémons whole evo line and stays active upon death.
3. Pidgey/Pikipek clause. The fixed Pikipek encounter doesn't count. The rules apply as soon as it's out of the way.
4. Pinwheel clause applies to the three segments of Route 1 and the inside/outside areas of Ten Carat Hill.
5. Asides from this, only the first encounter on each Route may be caught.
6. Battle style: SET
7. Each catch is nicknamed. The naming theme is alcoholic beverages...a perk of having an adult protagonist with questionable taste, ah.
With all the preamble and not so preamble out of the way: welcome to the first ever Nuzlocke run I really got into. Been meaning to make a comic like this for years, but in the end, the spark was never there. Turns out all it took was to try and run one of the Alola games with an islander protagonist instead of a complete outsider.
For the most part, this is a pretty straightforward Nuzlocke, following the game plot for the majority of it. Though there will be moments where it goes full offscript, liberties are taken with lore and characters and so forth. Besides that, I'd like to think the tone's more on the mature side and I will go deeper into a couple darker plot points the games only grazed here and there.
The M-rating, as it does, is my warning in and of itself, without accidentally spoiling my own story. It's all you'd usually expect from a Nuzlocke without taking a full nosedive into grimdark. The one thing that's veering into the murky waters of viewer discretion is me diving deeper into the very...very Alola matter of family conflicts due to abusive parenting. Anything else? I tap that M tag for, as said. With that all laid out...
Currently, I'm on a biweekly schedule, to take more time to really polish my pages. I'll post every second Monday, unless life decides to curveball me.
Okay, that should be all for now. Hope you enjoy the comic!
Deviantart / Comicfury