• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

General Video Games Stuff You Just Figured Out

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I mean, I'm working on starters with Rock/Ground/Ice and Steel/Fighting/Fairy matchups, but I guess that still has Fighting in it, so, baby steps?

Nate

A friend
Streamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
I killed a man and hid his body underneath my floor, but the gasses escaping his bloated corpse constantly vex me! It truly is the Tell-Tale Fart.
I recently stumbled onto this which taught me a bunch of neat stuff about how DVs are generated in Gen 1. It doesn't really have any practical application outside of speedrunning, but it's neat to know regardless. The ones that got me are:
  • The HP DV isn't actually randomly generated by the game directly, but is instead determined by whether or not the other values are even or odd.
  • For Pokemon caught in the wild, the encounter rate affects which possible DV values there are, making certain DV combinations more likely than others and some outright impossible.
The ways in which the early gen Pokemon games squeezed every bit of efficiency they could out of the resources they had will never stop astounding me.

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
  3. Flying
  4. Psychic
Types which have never been featured on a starter Pokemon (discounting Mega Evos):
Ice
Bug
Normal
Electric
Rock
Dragon
If you wanna get technical, Pokemon Yellow and Let's Go Pikachu gave Pikachu as an Electric type Starter and Let's Go Eevee gave you the Partner Eevee for a Normal type Starter. (I'm not counting the Eevee Starter from XD since you're going by final evolution)

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
In Gen VI, Magma Storm was dropped from 120 power to 100. Somehow I totally missed that and I thought it was 120 this whole time.

Mr Spaz

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
  3. Flying
  4. Psychic
Wild Charge doesn't have a Paralysis chance. It's also only 90 BP. I assumed it was an Electric-type equivalent to Flare Blitz

Nate

A friend
Streamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Rock
Pokédex Entry
I killed a man and hid his body underneath my floor, but the gasses escaping his bloated corpse constantly vex me! It truly is the Tell-Tale Fart.
Wild Charge doesn't have a Paralysis chance. It's also only 90 BP. I assumed it was an Electric-type equivalent to Flare Blitz
I also remember going through this realization when using the Cosplay Pikachu in ORAS. It unfortunately can't get Volt Tackle, so that's your best Physical STAB and it leaves a lot to be desired, even with Light Ball.

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
TIL that Archen and Archeops are in the Water 3 Egg Group (in addition to the Flying Egg Group). And I just...can't wrap my head around how or why that decision was ever made. How does that make any sense at all?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
So's the Skorupi line, for that matter.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Water 3 is the weirdo egg group, it has most of the crustaceans and cephalopods. I suppose that Drapion, an arachnid with a pretty clear exoskeleton, is close enough to crustaceans to lump it in.

Archen is baffling though. Only thing I can think of is that Water 3 is an Egg Group with a lot of fossils, but everyone else is Water-type, a crustacean or cephalopod, or both, and Archen is very much not that. The Monster and Dragon Egg Groups make a lot more sense for it.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Tirtouga is also in Water 3 (and Water 1) so it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they just put Archen in there as an oversight

Neotornado

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
makes sense, kinda reminds me of beheeyem learning steel wing in one gen since it was a psychic-typed TM in a previous gen... which is also a thing I just remembered lol

Mr Spaz

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
  3. Flying
  4. Psychic
makes sense, kinda reminds me of beheeyem learning steel wing in one gen since it was a psychic-typed TM in a previous gen... which is also a thing I just remembered lol
iirc, that was supposed to be an Area (TM) 51 joke. Also, Steel Wing remained on its moveset through Gen 8

Users who are viewing this thread