• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Step By Step By Step

Thread Description
Soul Silver Nuzlocke: Updates Thursdays!

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
Let's hope things work out that way, huh? Knock on wood, I hope you didn't jinx it! You never know...

Chickpea doing her best to comfort Alma is a nice touch, good nonverbal characterization for someone who doesn't have much time in the spotlight!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Believe in the Joey that believes in you! 🤩

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
||Page 102||
step_by_step_by_step_nuzlocke_page_102_by_tailsimp_desstxk-fullview.jpg

New shading style, who dis? For real tho, Im really really proud of how that establishing shot of the campsite came out~!

Replies~
Let's hope things work out that way, huh? Knock on wood, I hope you didn't jinx it! You never know...

Chickpea doing her best to comfort Alma is a nice touch, good nonverbal characterization for someone who doesn't have much time in the spotlight!
I think she did indeed Jinx it ;;w;;. Also thank you~! I'm trying to do what I can with characterization whenever characters are on screen, even if they aren't the focus!
Believe in the Joey that believes in you! 🤩
"Believe in the Joey that believes in you" should be everybody's new motto 😤

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
That campsite panel looks great! I love the little interaction between the grass types in the corner, chikorita likes the bellsprout wiggles.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Phew, it looks like Clover is looking better!

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
That first camp fire panel is so good, love the atmospheric shading and all the cute touches, like Cinder holding out his paws to warm them up and Chickpea watching the Bellsprout wiggle. Such cute attention to detail that breaths so much life into the scene!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
|| Page 103 ||

det7qgh-d57d8cac-f7b1-4d05-a301-e1c267c90eab.png

A new friend or an old acquaintance?
This is by far the "longest" page I've done in awhile; but i really like how it came out~

Replies~!
That campsite panel looks great! I love the little interaction between the grass types in the corner, chikorita likes the bellsprout wiggles.
Thaaaank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the grass babies interacting; it was my favorite part of that panel~
Phew, it looks like Clover is looking better!
"It'll take more than some rock to end this cow 😤" -Clover probably
That first camp fire panel is so good, love the atmospheric shading and all the cute touches, like Cinder holding out his paws to warm them up and Chickpea watching the Bellsprout wiggle. Such cute attention to detail that breaths so much life into the scene!
Thaaaaank~!!! I always love touches like that to establishing shots (it does a lot to show the mood of scene as well as flesh out characters in small ways imo) so I'm glad to see they helped make the scene come alive~

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Alma seems distracted. Occupied with heavy thoughts. Heavy enough that not even petting an adorable chikorita can lighten them

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
Hmm, new character? That Gastly looks far less sinister than I ever imagined any Gastly could be, so I'll look forward to seeing more of it.

I thought it was funny how right after she mentions Alma's "little one," she wonders what she would ever do if she lost Clover. Clover isn't little by any means!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
So how's the weather, eh?

Gastly: 👁️ 👄 👁️

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
|| Page 104 ||

step_by_step_by_step_nuzlocke_page_104_by_tailsimp_detmgmh-fullview.jpg

Ah, the ghost has arrived in camp just in time for Halloween~! Too bad it looks like Kim and Alma were about to genuinely connect ;;w;;

Replies~!
Alma seems distracted. Occupied with heavy thoughts. Heavy enough that not even petting an adorable chikorita can lighten them
You know it's heavy thoughts when not even petting an adorable grass type can cheer you up :<

Hmm, new character? That Gastly looks far less sinister than I ever imagined any Gastly could be, so I'll look forward to seeing more of it.

I thought it was funny how right after she mentions Alma's "little one," she wonders what she would ever do if she lost Clover. Clover isn't little by any means!
I'm glad you're looking forward to more of this gastly! I really love drawing this guy~ Also Clover will remain small and cute in Kim's heart at the very least!

So how's the weather, eh?

Gastly: 👁️ 👄 👁️
Bowser are you saying that this isn't how one should reply to statements about the weather?

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Kim and Alma can connect over helping this spooky friend!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
🎉 || Page 105 || 🎉

step_by_step_by_step_nuzlocke_page_105_by_tailsimp_deu16e8-fullview.jpg

OOOF. Gonna be feeling that for awhile.

Real talk though, I have had this scene in mind since I first conceived of Clover as a character. I was researching miltanks and found out about the Scrappe ability and thought "so this cow can just deck a ghost in the face?" And from that thought, Clover the sassy, short tempered miltank came to be! Since then I could not wait to get to this scene; so much so that when I realized how close it was, I managed to pump out 4 pages in 6 days cause I just wanted to see it rendered so badly lol.

Replies~

Kim and Alma can connect over helping this spooky friend!
About that....

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I hope that poor Gastly will be more than just a punching bag! I'm also very curious to see why Alma is so excited about this. I thought maybe Scrappy is Miltank's Hidden Ability, but I looked it up and that's Sap Sipper.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
ghost punching cow! clobber a spirit to lift one's spirits!

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
🎉 Page 106 🎉

step_by_step_by_step_nuzlocke_page_106_by_tailsimp_deuei0w-fullview.jpg

:0 !!!

I love Clover so much this page.

Replies:
I hope that poor Gastly will be more than just a punching bag! I'm also very curious to see why Alma is so excited about this. I thought maybe Scrappy is Miltank's Hidden Ability, but I looked it up and that's Sap Sipper.
The way I think of it is that overall the Scrappe ability in pokemon is rare. (I think there's only 3 that learn it naturally and 10 that can have it as a hidden ability) And while it's not a hidden ability for Miltank, there's a 50/50 chance (not including the hidden ability) between getting Scrappe and Thick Fat. Furthermore the Miltank would have to attempt to use a normal type move on a ghost-type for one to even know it has the Scrappe ability- but most trainers wouldn't do so cause it would typically not work. So all-in-all, it's very rare to find a confirmed Scrappe pokemon.

Venus: Do... Do lots of ghosts need punching?
Clover: Have you ever met a ghost that doesn't need punching?

ghost punching cow! clobber a spirit to lift one's spirits!
Clobber a spirit to lift one's spirit! 👏

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
"sad human with her garbage aura" hey now, just because it's accurate doesn't mean you can just go and say it like that >:O

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Clover: "pics or it didnt happen"

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Jabbers, hmm? I suspect that either this Gastly or perhaps a friend will be the one that Silver adds to his team. Also, I didn't expect this one to be so sassy. Sucky garbage aura, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread