• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Step By Step By Step

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Soul Silver Nuzlocke: Updates Thursdays!
OP
Tailsimp

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
🎉 Page 107 🎉
step_by_step_by_step_nuzlocke_page_107_by_tailsimp_deuu50z-fullview.jpg

Alma is still holding Kim's hand cause she was still ranting about the Scrappe ability to her lol

Replies
"sad human with her garbage aura" hey now, just because it's accurate doesn't mean you can just go and say it like that >:O​
Marge Simpson Voice: It's true but he shouldn't say it!
Clover: "pics or it didnt happen"​
If clover had a nickel for every time a ghost type tried to tell her there was someone dying nearby...
Jabbers, hmm? I suspect that either this Gastly or perhaps a friend will be the one that Silver adds to his team. Also, I didn't expect this one to be so sassy. Sucky garbage aura, lol.​
They trick you with that cute face then hit you with the rudeness lol​

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Cyndi is full and ready to be the protagonist-gets-involved-with-every-problem energy if Alma won't, and I love them for it

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
I love Clover's angry tail thumping.
thumper-bambi.gif

OP
Tailsimp

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
🎉 Page 108 🎉
step_by_step_by_step_nuzlocke_page_108_by_tailsimp_dev4f2y-fullview.jpg

Fun Fact: Did you know you could breed for a chikorita with echoed voice in gen 6? Kim sure didn't!

Replies:

Cyndi is full and ready to be the protagonist-gets-involved-with-every-problem energy if Alma won't, and I love them for it
They balance each other out perfectly that way~!

I love Clover's angry tail thumping.
thumper-bambi.gif

That is the exact sound I think of when she thumps her tail XD

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
Kim being left alone? What, like she doesn't have Clover, Chickpea, and the Bellsprout with her? (I am so so sorry about forgetting your name, you dear sweet plant Pokemon...)

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Finally caught up again! I have to say that was the best version of Joey I've seen so far in any Nuzlocke. And interesting to see a Nuzlocke where the protagonist has someone traveling along with them.

Clover was a brilliant addition to the gang (and I had no idea Miltank has Scarppy).

Poor Chickpea! Mama would be back soon enough.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Someone else feels your pain, Chickpea. 😔

OP
Tailsimp

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
🎉 Page 109 🎉
step_by_step_by_step_nuzlocke_page_109_by_tailsimp_devgmbw-fullview.jpg

:)

Replies
Kim being left alone? What, like she doesn't have Clover, Chickpea, and the Bellsprout with her? (I am so so sorry about forgetting your name, you dear sweet plant Pokemon...)
afhdjkhfs It's okay we haven't really talked much about poor bellsprout. (one day my child's day will come!) And she just means with human company. Though I do wonder who set up a rule that she's 'not supposed to be left alone' 🤔

Finally caught up again! I have to say that was the best version of Joey I've seen so far in any Nuzlocke. And interesting to see a Nuzlocke where the protagonist has someone traveling along with them.

Clover was a brilliant addition to the gang (and I had no idea Miltank has Scarppy).

Poor Chickpea! Mama would be back soon enough.
Thank you so much! I won't lie, I love how my Joey came out. He grew his own personality as I drew him and I'm honestly sad that his scene has passed. But one day, maybe we'll see him again.

Same! I never knew miltank could get scrappy but once I saw that they could I HAD to let Clover have it.

Chickpea is still dealing with her brother being stolen by Silver, so she's a lil extra nervous ;;w;;

Someone else feels your pain, Chickpea. 😔

God I love that scene so much. But now I wanna play Sunshine again...

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Stone hand? Who's that Pokemon?

OP
Tailsimp

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
🎉 Page 110 🎉
110_small_by_tailsimp_devgn28-fullview.jpg

I'm sure they're fine~

Aaaaaand with that chapter 2 is FINALLY done~!!! I'll be taking a 2 month break from here to get ahead on chapter 3, so we'll be back February 10th, 2022! I hope whatever holidays you observe, as well as the New Year treats you kindly~ <3

Replies
Stone hand? Who's that Pokemon?
It's PIKACHU!

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
IT'S A JIGGLYPUFF SEEN FROM ABOVE!

But in seriousness, Geodude is not who I expected. Is that a puddle of water surrounding it, or foam or snow or something like that? I can see how a Geodude would get pretty messed up that way.

Congrats on finishing Chapter 2! Waiting until mid-February for more will be tough, but I absolutely understand the value of breaks on long-term creative projects. It's only been six months since I updated my fanfic Good luck and see you in the new year!

Kinetic Kimo

Trainer MIA
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her. Old-school girl words.
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Psychic
Hey, just caught up with the latest page. Been meaning to check this out for a while now. That poor geodude...although I must say, I like your portrayal of damage on the geodude showing bits of shrapnel from a cracked upper crust, and a lighter layer underneath. This isn't your standard fare organic pokemon, so blood/bruising isn't appropriate, but you've still captured the critical nature of the situation. Is it morbid for me to appeciate that? lol

Also I love Clover. :D No nonsense for her, no thank you.

Last edited:

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Happy Starlight Carnival Tailsimp! Here's your gift!

boat_ride_step_by_step_by_step_2021_secret_santa_by_acottontail_dewuv3q-pre.png

I wanted to draw your characters doing something interesting, so eventually I decided on a boat ride by the swamp. Alma is calming down Chickpea telling her that she's there. Kim is amazed by all the sights. Venus enjoys the chill ride, though she wishes Kim wouldn't be so loud. And Clover is mad because she got stuck with all the legwork of rowing the boat. Cyndi is a fire type, so I assume he wouldn't like water. He's waiting for everyone nearby. I saw on his ref sheet that he liked biting things he isn't allowed to. While Alma isn't paying attention it's the perfect time to bite down on a cattail. I was inspired by the meme.

You did such a good job at setting up the beginning of Step by Step by Step. I love how Chickpea tagging along with Alma and the conflict between Kim and Alma's conflicting time goals.

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
Hey! New reader here, I just caught up and I love Alma :) I'm excited to see where the story is going and I hope you have a nice break! Can't wait for more!

OP
Tailsimp

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
🎉 Page 111 🎉
sbsbs_pg_111__interlude_1_by_tailsimp_df08asx-fullview.jpg

Heyo~! A quick interlude page that sets up something for chapter 3~! Surely this won't cause any major issues, right? We'll be back with weekly updates of chapter 3 proper in March!

Also wanted to toss this up while I'm here-
df03eil-a9544266-65b9-40ed-859c-b99be43c2a2a.png

Thanks to all y'all's support, I got nominated for 2 categories in the ganza! I want to thank everyone so much for reading my work, and thinking highly enough of it to nominate it! I was blown away that I got any nominations, let alone enough to make it into voting in 2 categories! Thank you all for your support: it means the world to me that y'all enjoy this lil comic of mine so much. Regardless of how I place, I've won already thanks to all of you~! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

OP
Tailsimp

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Ahhhhhhhhhh I forgot to add my replies!!!

IT'S A JIGGLYPUFF SEEN FROM ABOVE!

But in seriousness, Geodude is not who I expected. Is that a puddle of water surrounding it, or foam or snow or something like that? I can see how a Geodude would get pretty messed up that way.

Congrats on finishing Chapter 2! Waiting until mid-February for more will be tough, but I absolutely understand the value of breaks on long-term creative projects. It's only been six months since I updated my fanfic Good luck and see you in the new year!
A jigglypuff would have been another shocking reveal XD

It's a puddle of water around it! Sadly the poor thing is too weak to get out of that puddle now :')

Thank you~! My break helped a lot, even though I had some personal stuff that made it a bit hard to work on my comic ;;n;; But now I'm back and I'm so excited to be working and releasing pages of my comic again! Thank you for the good wishes, and right back at you for your fanfic!

Oh dear, poor thing...

Congrajlutions on finishing this chapter, and enjoy the break!
;;w;; Yeah....

Thank you! The break was helpful but I'm glad to be back~!

Hey, just caught up with the latest page. Been meaning to check this out for a while now. That poor geodude...although I must say, I like your portrayal of damage on the geodude showing bits of shrapnel from a cracked upper crust, and a lighter layer underneath. This isn't your standard fare organic pokemon, so blood/bruising isn't appropriate, but you've still captured the critical nature of the situation. Is it morbid for me to appeciate that? lol

Also I love Clover. :D No nonsense for her, no thank you.
Thank you for checking out this lil comic of mine!

Ahhhhh thank you! I really struggled with a way to show geodude having heavy damage when it's... a rock lol. I sketched out a few ways to show it hurt, but everything felt like too much or too little- so I'm happy what I went with seems like a good balance of critical but not making anyone think it's already a lost cause. (And if nothing else I appreciate you appreciating it ajhfdkjsahfsadkjh)

Also heck yes to Clover appreciation! That girl has no time for anyone's nonsense and she will let you know it!

Happy Starlight Carnival Tailsimp! Here's your gift!

boat_ride_step_by_step_by_step_2021_secret_santa_by_acottontail_dewuv3q-pre.png

I wanted to draw your characters doing something interesting, so eventually I decided on a boat ride by the swamp. Alma is calming down Chickpea telling her that she's there. Kim is amazed by all the sights. Venus enjoys the chill ride, though she wishes Kim wouldn't be so loud. And Clover is mad because she got stuck with all the legwork of rowing the boat. Cyndi is a fire type, so I assume he wouldn't like water. He's waiting for everyone nearby. I saw on his ref sheet that he liked biting things he isn't allowed to. While Alma isn't paying attention it's the perfect time to bite down on a cattail. I was inspired by the meme.

You did such a good job at setting up the beginning of Step by Step by Step. I love how Chickpea tagging along with Alma and the conflict between Kim and Alma's conflicting time goals.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yo I ADORE this pic! Yhe fact that you went thru the trouble of including everyone- and the way you thought it out andstuck to everyone's personalities is just so wonderfull! I love the detail of having Cyndi stay off the boat cause he wouldn't want to be near the water- and he's even biting things he shouldn't be afhdsajkhfdsjkhfdsakjhf!!! And I love Kim's starry eyes and Clover's pout so much! And Alma trying to calm a nervous chickpea is so perfect! I just love everything about this pic! Thank you so much for it again!!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Hey! New reader here, I just caught up and I love Alma :) I'm excited to see where the story is going and I hope you have a nice break! Can't wait for more!
Ahhhh thank you for checking out my comic! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, and I hope you like this next chapter even more!

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
That is...classic Elm, all right...

OP
Tailsimp

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Pages 112 (Cover) and 113

df1ysc9-4fbb5f28-fcfb-4d6b-b6dc-bb6dbddc5fe5.png

sbsbs_page_113_by_tailsimp_df1ysui-fullview.jpg

And we're back with my rendition of Falkner. I wonder what all the commotion is for~?

Also the character winning the badge is Kevin from Heroes of Hoenn by @pkmnMasterWheeler and can be read here: Link

Replies:
That is...classic Elm, all right...
It sure isssssss. Let's just hope it doesn't cause too much trouble ;;w;;

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
NEW SBSBS CHAPTER HYPE
This design of Falkner is so good, I am almost offended that ponytail hairstyle isn't canon. Would love to hold his hand. And 👀 at that commotion, given that Falkner is explicitly shown being told about it, does that mean he'll be playing a larger role in what unfolds?? Super excited to see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread