• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Starlight Carnival

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

The Tribunal

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 4, 2019
3B1ASW0dsGqsN3HzERFwQedq4sB037wy9k3_0bVj-6z41WLH74P1APINckXThmg99IFWS7XjzglOhjKBo8BY5fOMIxsKU_6aufNRoU1VZAOxJC2I_ltlPWhKDVm6YMTWAGAaSTdo.png
Come one come all, to the Nuzlocke Forums first annual Starlight Carnival!

The Starlight Carnival is a seasonal fanwork gift exchange for the creative of the forum to spread some love and cheer. All creatives are invited to join the event, however if your media exists outside the traditional, please reach out to an event runner (@Bug ) to see if you’ll be eligible to participate.
  • Sign-ups for this event will close 11/24/2021
  • Exchange partners will be sent via forum PM on 11/25/2021
  • Gift exchange will begin 12/25/2021 until the end of 1/1/2022
  • Back-up sign-ups will be open until 12/25/2021

If you cannot make the deadline, for whatever reason, please let an event runner know ASAP. Failure to do so may exclude you from future events.

Alongside the gift exchange, point values for team submissions will be adjusted!​
  • Exchange gifts will be worth 3x value (3000 points)​
  • Back-up gifts will be worth 4x value (4000 points)​
  • Holiday themed fanworks will be worth 2x value (2000 points)​

Please note, back-ups will be contacted in the order of sign-up. Options for submission in respective team threads will become available on 12/1/2021 for holiday themed, and 12/25/2021 for exchange gifts. Anything posted prior to this point, will not receive bonus points.

Please apply by replying to the thread with all the info below:
  • Run(s)​
  • Wishlist​
  • References (written, drawn, or photo)​
  • Do you wish to be a back-up?​

While this event is based around the dates of Christmas and New Year’s, submissions do not need to be themed around these holidays. This does include seasonal holidays such as Hanukkah, Yuletide, Kwanzaa, and others.

As this is our first running of the event, we will open a thread for community review a few weeks following the close of the event. We hope you enjoy this year’s Starlight Carnival!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Run(s): Fossil Fighters but it’s a Nuzlocke
Sunlocke

Wishlist: FF but it’s a Nuzlocke is for if you really like dinosaurs, Sunlocke is for anyone else haha. I don’t mind which you make something for, and I don’t have any preferences on the gift itself!

References:
None for FF but it’s a Nuzlocke, besides the “team” spoiler at the bottom of the most recent part (sorry!)

Sunlocke’s characters all have refs in this toyhouse folder

I cannot be a backup, this is like the sixth gift event I’ve joined send help

• Haha
Reactions: Bug

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Last edited:
  • Love

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Run: Clockwork
Wishlist: Literally anything. no full team art please because plot reasons. Allegro alone is ok though.
reference: here's a written description of Kay. (Also I figured I’d better give her a last name so… Kay Maudite.) (yes that is literally the french word for cursed, idc)
Kay is 4’10” but likes to call herself 5’. Her short height and distinct lack of any bulk cause her to be annoyed when someone understandably judges her to be younger than she is. (She’s actually 15.) Her face is round and her mouth is always bouncing between an awed smile and a mischievous smirk. Her skin is on the darker, warmer, end of beige.
She has a lighter shade of chestnut brown hair, usually tied up in a messy bun because she can’t be bothered to actually style it. When she does put it down, her hair is a springy disaster zone. Her eyes are royal blue and never seem to abandon a slight “ah-ha” twinkle.
Her fashion sense has no consistency whatsoever, so depending on the day, Kay could be wearing a graphic tee and distressed jeans, a knee length party dress, or a plain black top with floral leggings.
Do I want to be a backup?: please clarify. what does this mean? yeah. I'll backup.

Last edited:

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
...I have many questions.
How does this work? What does the wishlist mean? What is happening? It's a gift exchange, but what are we exchanging?
...Is this drawing???

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
...I have many questions.
How does this work? What does the wishlist mean? What is happening? It's a gift exchange, but what are we exchanging?
...Is this drawing???
I added a little more clarification to the main post, but this is a fanwork secret santa, meaning it's open to authors and artists, but also other creatives as well (provided they get approval first). Example of fanwork a little outside the traditional would be things like song composing, cross-stitch, and perler beads, etc.

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
i'll sign up for being a backup!

• Love

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Run: First Summer

Wishlist: Suprise me! (No holiday theme please)

References: Team Ref

Do you wish to be a back-up? No, I already have 3 Secret Santas this year, so I would die, unfortunately

Faleep

Your local Non-binary ace Fox
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
They’re a new discovery, and they seem to be a mixture of outgoing and shy. Loves things related to art and writing. Somehow writes on mobile

Bruciey

Travelling a region from my bed
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Always setting nuz-comic goals but nearly never completing them.
  • Run: Playing With fire
  • Wishlist: Surprise me!
  • References: (People make references?? /j)
August
Acacia (Panel 6)
Jakob (Panel 8)
(Sorry that August is the only one with a reference, I'm making them all ones eventually)
  • Do you wish to be a back-up? Sorry, but no, i have multiple other secret santas this year!

Last edited:

llyarden

Perpetual Lurker
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
So do you have to be in one of these teams to participate?

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
So do you have to be in one of these teams to participate?
You do not, however you will need to be in a team to submit fanworks for the teams competitions which will be getting back underway come December. If you are interested in joining a team, the team assignment system should be working again before time to post gifts!

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
  • Run(s): Blooming Glory
  • Wishlist: No preference!
  • References (written, drawn, or photo): The ones I have are Glory, Tiff, Silver, and all of Glory's Pokemon. (All of these images are in spoiler boxes at the end of the first post in the comic's thread if that's easier for you to see!)
  • Do you wish to be a back-up?: I'm cool with that!

For clarification, because it took me a while to separate the two in my brain: "Exchange gifts" (the x3 points) refers to work submitted specifically for the starlight carnival gift exchange, and the "holiday-themed fanworks" (the x2 points) refer to any holiday-themed work submitted to their team outside of the gift exchange? Am I comprehending that right?

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
For clarification, because it took me a while to separate the two in my brain: "Exchange gifts" (the x3 points) refers to work submitted specifically for the starlight carnival gift exchange, and the "holiday-themed fanworks" (the x2 points) refer to any holiday-themed work submitted to their team outside of the gift exchange? Am I comprehending that right?
You are correct!

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. ???
Pokédex Entry
Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.

Arowana

returning to my Pokemon roots (get it?)
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon likes to follow their whims wherever they may take them.
Aw man, I'd love to join, but I am a new person without any posted runs yet :') I'd like to offer being a back-up Santa though!

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
Run: Somewhere In Unova

Wishlist: Please feature the main team! Hugh and his gang are optional, but included nonetheless because I love them. Non-holiday things preferred.

References:
ok i put some personality info + random design tidbits that i did not specify on the refsheets as well.
>you could probably get away with putting a bunch of scars on all of them, i'm just too lazy to figure out consistent designs so i don't

Deimos
(Snivy) (Servine)
>gay for sanford.
>a walking shitpost. vine did not exist in nevada, but if it did, he'd have had it all memorized.
>burns on servine version are optional.
>backpack design is inconsistent so if you want to change it, go wild so long as it is still greyscale and the antenna is still there.
>fire powers are very weak and not helpful in a fight at all. usually used as a makeshift lighter instead.

Sanford
(Purrloin)
>gay for deimos.
>the only actually responsible one...
>...but will absolutely join dei in practical jokes and other such shenanigans.
>also, arson is great and fun and explosives are even better.

Doc
(Mareep) (Flaaffy)
>intelligence 20, wisdom 0
>incessant sarcasm and all the grump to go with it.
>complains that no one else takes care of themselves, but does not practice what he preaches. often found asleep at his desk or something like that.
>under no circumstances shall he be allowed to drive. seriously do not let him
>tail is stiff like a raptor's tail would be.

Christoff
(Patrat)
>resemblance to jesus h christ is not a coincidence /j
>okay, in-universe it is, but the guy has a ridiculous saviour complex nonetheless.
>former scientist. very well-versed in interdimensional shenanigans, actually. somewhat less well-versed on technology, but knows more than the avg person.
>has telekinesis.
Hugh
Design is same as canon.
>adopted brother to simula.
>just canon hugh, except his team reacts properly to his constant chase of team plasma to the detriment of everything else in his life.

Simula
(Tepig/Pignite)
>adopted brother to hugh
>tail on pignite version can also be coiled like a spring, I am just too lazy to draw it here.

Millie
(Herdier)
>very timid but not lacking in self-confidence. just incredibly shy, really.

Stormwing
(Pidove/Tranquill)
>bird transes her gender
>very dramatic, for lack of a better word. a very loud person in general.
>incredibly knowledgeable on the pokemon league and has been dreaming of joining a team for years by now.
>pride flags on pins/keychain are gay, lesbian, and trans

Backup?: Sorry but nope, I'm doing multiple Secret Santas and I'd probably perish if I did.

Last edited:

satanicswirlix

🌸 CHATOT 🌸
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
B̵͎͗e̶͊ͅh̶̩̒ì̸̪n̵̼͐d̸̥̚ ̷̀ͅy̷͎̓o̷͚̊u̶̗̕.̶̻̒
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type