Starlight Carnival 2022

Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Badges
Pronouns
he/him or Drae/draer
Dex Entry Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.
Pronouns
he/him or Drae/draer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019

goldenskald

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Badges
Pronouns
They/Them
Dex Entry A cryptic pokemon that is only active at night. It moves silently, and will sneak up to unsuspecting victims to use its freezing hands to scare them.
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 14, 2020
Nature
Lax

Giogeth

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Badges
Pronouns
he/him or Drae/draer
Dex Entry Giogeth is a large draconic looking pokemon who has nebula's swirling within their wings and star like patterns. They will often be friendly.
Pronouns
he/him or Drae/draer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 14, 2019
I love it!!! I think its especially funny that the guy with the 4x weakness to ice is getting hit. Good thing he's tanky!
to be fair they are both weak to ice XD right its a gliscor and a yannma? did i read the gijinkas right.

Krisantyne

oh no
Badges
Pronouns
she/her
Dex Entry This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Pronouns
she/her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
@Krisantyne I had the honor of being your gifter this year! I truly do understand your choice of having a flareon, absolutely the best eeveelution to draw. Enjoy! :D
ss_2022_krisantyne_by_goldenmisfortune_dflkmv2-pre.png
Aaaaaaahhhh everyone's so pretty!
The winter outfits are adorable! That's exactly Sara's style, it's perfect!!
The way Lachlan looks at her.... 🥺
I love Terry's curly look!
And I can't believe you drew fuckimg houses and a streetlight for me wooooow ;A;
I love this so much, thank youuuuuu! <333

Dirtwig-Draws

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 10, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Thanks so much! It's a perfect gift for the New Year!

MegaInfernape

Wisher for the Return of Megas
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry Has a very erractic mind. It is not uncommon for it to be seen moving from one activity or project to another.
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 13, 2022
Nature
Hasty
This is so damn late. But dammit I made a commitment
so @SprungGeoduck I be sorry but Happy New/Nuzyear!
Well, I suppose it’s time for a new Pokemon. I mean of course, I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. Who isn’t? But there’s just something about being able to go through it yourself y’know?

Anyways Amethyst had already busted down my door to drag me down to the professor’s lecture - which I was already awake for anyways - and because apparently luck is always on our side, we get to go first.

Naturally Amethyst had elected to pick her Pokemon first - not that I or Vincent really minded really. I let Vincent pick his next and I went last.

Amethyst picked Poddle, the dolphin-looking Pokemon - who was very cute mind you - and apparently despite Poddles supposedly being a very shy Pokemon, this one was ready for a trainer like Amethyst. Vincent got Coroot, which is, well, it’s a walking ball of roots is the best description for it. The Coroot face literally - almost anyways - lit up the room when Vincent approached.

I had chosen - no “was left with” is not the right term here - Firebawl, a very tiny lizard who was kinda sitting there amongst the other starters practically shying away from all the attention. I respect and definitely understand that so he was basically my choice from the start.

The little guy looked at me once I picked him up with tears in his eyes and quivering lips - right Firebawl has “bawl” in their name for a reason.

It took some time to calm the guy down before he accidentally filled the room with scalding hot tears - not a fun experience I would learn later down the line - and he kinda smiled a bit at me before burying himself in my shirt

I laughed a little, “I think I’ll call you Heatstroke.”

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Starlight carnival for @Giogeth ! I subbed in fairly last minute (read: last night) so I hope you enjoy!
IMG_9671.png

CyanideCrystal

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Contributor
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry I like things that are old and broken and past their prime.
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 12, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Just wanna say, huge respect to people subbing in to save people's Secret Santa. I got my gift early but I wanna let you know your work is appreciated. Thank you.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Badges
Pronouns
she/her
Dex Entry I don’t know what to put here but the empty space looks weird. Uhh, something something bogan.
Pronouns
she/her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
@Vivace hello! I noted you preferred to be surprised. This one isn't holiday-themed, alas, because I had a bit of a thought. I hope it's decent!

Small note: as this piece takes place in a very specific spot in your continuity prior to Natasha coming out to Carlos, whom it seems like she approached first, I've used her old name.

Time passed just fine in PC boxes. Almost too much so -- the switch between phases of day and night was pin-drop precision. It was day, then with a two-toned shift, it was sunset. And now, with the day’s grift done, Artemio watched sunset flash into evening. A moon, accurately phased to its more substantial counterpart, popped into existence. All the stars blinked on at once.

He didn’t relish it. But the trade-off, the quiet?

Bliss.

He was a social creature, but his acute hearing was a peril in crowds without something to attune himself to. And when that something had been their dullard of a mark…

The simulated forest still washed cares from him. The wind still nourished him as he moved through Terese’s haunts. Just for fun -- a tuft of his own tail fur left in some undergrowth. A calling card for her to find later. Maybe something to take the wind out of her sails after a successful heist.

Maybe something to distract her if-- well, if it wasn’t.

But practicality was the true reason he took such a brazen shortcut through her -- ridiculous concept for a member of a thief gang, really -- territory. It was the quickest way to somewhere special.

Pier had shown him the clearing. Cool and quiet and dark enough to not rouse Dipa’s interest. Far enough out of the way that Tichu was unlikely to roam by. Orville sometimes visited. And Frida seemed to neither know nor care.

A place to wait for Valentin.

Overhead canopy was thin enough that an air landing would be safe. It was something of a clearing, surrounding a woodland pond whose perfect stillness was only dimpled by falling leaves or dappled by the wind. A perfectly bisected dead sapling (Pier swore he had found it in such a state) made for an ideal perch, or a lichened boulder that Artemio could sit by.

It was easy to think of him as close by; clouds over the moon could be him. Branches rubbing in night air sounded like wingbeats when leafy enough. And there were sticks to forage for while he passed the time, sticks he could sharpen and turn to charcoal. Plenty of small, secretive, wooded little places to hide paperbark.

Artemio composed notes of all kinds. His paws weren’t the most dextrous, but his secondary typing buttressed all shortcomings -- so that writing was not a problem, when he felt inclined.

Which he did, in his sudden evening, with just a little crescent of shaded moonlight as his aid.

It wasn’t a talented composition -- but it wasn’t meant to be. His true skill lay in elocution. All he needed was something to prompt his memory. Daniel - the unexpected win. Tichu’s little paws digging. My starring part in the farce.

“You would've ruined it,” he smiled.

Artemio set it alight once finished. It floated on his tiny pond’s surface until the charred fragments split, and broke the surface tension of the water. There it sank to join all the others.

Because Valentin wasn't coming. Never would be.

He was usually quick to leave after his visits. It would not do to have his clearing disturbed or discovered. Even synthetic spaces could have something of the sacrosanct about them.

But there was more to think of. The team, his team, the boss, Roxanne’s badge…

And the team he didn’t know yet.

Somebody other than Carlos or little Tichu ought to wait for them, too.

So he did.

Vivace

Designated Meganium Defender
Contributor
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him / They/Them
Dex Entry This pokémon had a crippling addiction to the hokey pokey, but with the right support, they turned themself around
Pronouns
He/Him / They/Them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
@Vivace hello! I noted you preferred to be surprised. This one isn't holiday-themed, alas, because I had a bit of a thought. I hope it's decent!

Small note: as this piece takes place in a very specific spot in your continuity prior to Natasha coming out to Carlos, whom it seems like she approached first, I've used her old name.

Time passed just fine in PC boxes. Almost too much so -- the switch between phases of day and night was pin-drop precision. It was day, then with a two-toned shift, it was sunset. And now, with the day’s grift done, Artemio watched sunset flash into evening. A moon, accurately phased to its more substantial counterpart, popped into existence. All the stars blinked on at once.

He didn’t relish it. But the trade-off, the quiet?

Bliss.

He was a social creature, but his acute hearing was a peril in crowds without something to attune himself to. And when that something had been their dullard of a mark…

The simulated forest still washed cares from him. The wind still nourished him as he moved through Terese’s haunts. Just for fun -- a tuft of his own tail fur left in some undergrowth. A calling card for her to find later. Maybe something to take the wind out of her sails after a successful heist.

Maybe something to distract her if-- well, if it wasn’t.

But practicality was the true reason he took such a brazen shortcut through her -- ridiculous concept for a member of a thief gang, really -- territory. It was the quickest way to somewhere special.

Pier had shown him the clearing. Cool and quiet and dark enough to not rouse Dipa’s interest. Far enough out of the way that Tichu was unlikely to roam by. Orville sometimes visited. And Frida seemed to neither know nor care.

A place to wait for Valentin.

Overhead canopy was thin enough that an air landing would be safe. It was something of a clearing, surrounding a woodland pond whose perfect stillness was only dimpled by falling leaves or dappled by the wind. A perfectly bisected dead sapling (Pier swore he had found it in such a state) made for an ideal perch, or a lichened boulder that Artemio could sit by.

It was easy to think of him as close by; clouds over the moon could be him. Branches rubbing in night air sounded like wingbeats when leafy enough. And there were sticks to forage for while he passed the time, sticks he could sharpen and turn to charcoal. Plenty of small, secretive, wooded little places to hide paperbark.

Artemio composed notes of all kinds. His paws weren’t the most dextrous, but his secondary typing buttressed all shortcomings -- so that writing was not a problem, when he felt inclined.

Which he did, in his sudden evening, with just a little crescent of shaded moonlight as his aid.

It wasn’t a talented composition -- but it wasn’t meant to be. His true skill lay in elocution. All he needed was something to prompt his memory. Daniel - the unexpected win. Tichu’s little paws digging. My starring part in the farce.

“You would've ruined it,” he smiled.

Artemio set it alight once finished. It floated on his tiny pond’s surface until the charred fragments split, and broke the surface tension of the water. There it sank to join all the others.

Because Valentin wasn't coming. Never would be.

He was usually quick to leave after his visits. It would not do to have his clearing disturbed or discovered. Even synthetic spaces could have something of the sacrosanct about them.

But there was more to think of. The team, his team, the boss, Roxanne’s badge…

And the team he didn’t know yet.

Somebody other than Carlos or little Tichu ought to wait for them, too.

So he did.
AND WHAT A SURPRISE IT WAS

Thank you, so much! I never would have seen this coming, and it hit me like a freight train! There's so much thought put into this, and I'm really touched. This is very much canon now 😭

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
And with that, I do believe that all gifts have been passed around! Though, of course, if I've checked my list twice and checked it wrong, shoot me a DM and we'll make sure nobody goes ungifted. 😉

Happy Starlight to everyone, and I wish you all an amazing 2023. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread