• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Comic Sinnoh General Mon Spacial Rend - A Platinum Randomizer Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Lucas, Dawn, and Barry travel around a weird Sinnoh.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
that's so many pets!! you must have a very lively household, haha
Yeah, well, the only two that really get along are the dogs, and they were littermates. Sometimes they harass the cats (thankfully they're just small dogs), but most of the time they're rightly intimidated by the cats' pointy bits.

My brother's cat has never really forgiven my cat for existing. My cat just likes to troll. (That's how I got my username, really.)

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
why the HECK wouldn't you go the fastest way?? Mom, come ON, speed is all that matters in life!!!
Alternative page title: After scoping out the competition, local mom realizes that her son has a far greater chance of survival in this world than she ever imgagined

songwithnosoul

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Oh, that kid. Got a Hasty nature for sure.

I like how there's both a Trainer route, with tall grass and such, and a longer route for not getting yourself mauled by wild creatures! It's surprisingly functional for Pokémon! I also enjoy her expression and pose in panel 1, particularly. The eyes...

351way

ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 28, 2019
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Normal
just read through everything so far and like... YO. i was smiling the whole way through, it's just so sweet and heartfelt! i love barry and lucas' relationship and then poor dawn who just cannot catch a break.... and the expressions and bright colors make it really fun to read through, the panel composition is really nice, i feel like everything has a very good comedic timing if that makes sense... i also really love that palkia is kept kind of sketchy, it makes it look so out-of-place and scary, as palkia should look!!!! overall had a blast will definitely be keeping up with it

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Asgjkadld I love how she was there before Barry actually got into the tall grass. 50 Mom Instinct steps can be faster than 1 Barry step, imagine that!

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lucas is just not having it

Tapas // Tumblr // Comicfury
page 29 update!
---

Even she admits that having wild animals almost kill you is better than taking the slow route.
speed stat is KEY here, y'know

I mean, his logic adds up.
exactly! gotta go fast!!

Yeah, well, the only two that really get along are the dogs, and they were littermates. Sometimes they harass the cats (thankfully they're just small dogs), but most of the time they're rightly intimidated by the cats' pointy bits.

My brother's cat has never really forgiven my cat for existing. My cat just likes to troll. (That's how I got my username, really.)
awww, that's such a fun little story behind your username!! very cute, it's too bad they can't all get along though, haha

why the HECK wouldn't you go the fastest way?? Mom, come ON, speed is all that matters in life!!!
Alternative page title: After scoping out the competition, local mom realizes that her son has a far greater chance of survival in this world than she ever imgagined
EXACTLY. sonic is the one true role model, here
also GOD yes that is officially the canon page title now

Oh, that kid. Got a Hasty nature for sure.

I like how there's both a Trainer route, with tall grass and such, and a longer route for not getting yourself mauled by wild creatures! It's surprisingly functional for Pokémon! I also enjoy her expression and pose in panel 1, particularly. The eyes...
he's just a speedy little kid!
and yeah, i know jokes about it can feel oversaturated sometimes but it really has always confused me
also thank you!! :D

just read through everything so far and like... YO. i was smiling the whole way through, it's just so sweet and heartfelt! i love barry and lucas' relationship and then poor dawn who just cannot catch a break.... and the expressions and bright colors make it really fun to read through, the panel composition is really nice, i feel like everything has a very good comedic timing if that makes sense... i also really love that palkia is kept kind of sketchy, it makes it look so out-of-place and scary, as palkia should look!!!! overall had a blast will definitely be keeping up with it
OMG this makes me beyond words happy to hear!!! i'm so glad to know that you enjoy my silly little comic, and i hope it continues to please!! really happy to know you like the characters and the comedy! and yeah i was going for an otherworldly sort of look for palkia, haha
thank you so much for reading! :D

Asgjkadld I love how she was there before Barry actually got into the tall grass. 50 Mom Instinct steps can be faster than 1 Barry step, imagine that!
that's the power of mothers... although the barry has potential for speed, he's still too low level to overcome the high level mother

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
BIG MAD LEGENDARIES

The limited colour palette on this one is interesting. Really emphasizes the mismatch/contrast between the kids. Not the most auspicious start to their friendship! I'm interested to see how they'll end up becoming friends.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Sometimes you just gotta get God as your starter, happens all the time.

Also Lucas seems very invested in absolutely everything Barry is saying. U:

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
haha what a nerrrrrrrd, books are for nerrrrrrds
Hope moms snacks save the day and make things less awkward...

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I caught up again and uh HEY MOM? STOP JUGGLING YOUR KNIFE???

PurpleEyedGuma

21st Century Schizoid Mon
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
Pronouns
They / Them
This definitely won't be the start of a beautiful friendship.

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
it's still monday somewhere in the world, probably

Tapas // Tumblr // Comicfury
page 30 update!
---

BIG MAD LEGENDARIES

The limited colour palette on this one is interesting. Really emphasizes the mismatch/contrast between the kids. Not the most auspicious start to their friendship! I'm interested to see how they'll end up becoming friends.
sometimes legendaries are just out here, being BIG MAD
and thank you!! possibly pretty simple, you know what they say about opposites attracting!

Sometimes you just gotta get God as your starter, happens all the time.

Also Lucas seems very invested in absolutely everything Barry is saying. U:
yeah my starter was a palkia, nbd nbd
lucas is, like, soooooooo totally invested, yknow?

haha what a nerrrrrrrd, books are for nerrrrrrds
Hope moms snacks save the day and make things less awkward...
without the delicious sugary crunch of nerds, the world would be a much darker place..... oh wait were we not talking about the candy
well without nerds we wouldn't have lightbulbs, and the world would be a much darker place....

I caught up again and uh HEY MOM? STOP JUGGLING YOUR KNIFE???
don't even WORRY moms can juggle knives all they want!! what could possibly ever go wrong?

This definitely won't be the start of a beautiful friendship.
oh, won't it? :3c~

songwithnosoul

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 11, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them/their
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Hah, that third panel. Lucas has got his mom's eyes, I see.

Barry is such a sweet boy. He's so friendly! Lucas's stoicism can't hold up in the face of it! (I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he speaks sign language. He may expect people not to understand him, so why bother? In general, Barry's first response to learning that he speaks a whole other language being to want to learn it, rather than declaring the friendship too hard to be worth it, probably earned him some points.)

violentlydefending

a complete fool
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice

Hey all, sorry about the recent drought in updates. Unfortunately, I've hit a bit of a burnout, on top of end-of-year assignments piling up and losing the notes I had for this run. Hopefully that last one is temporary--I'm working on recovering them now!

In any case, that does mean Spacial Rend will be going on hiatus. No planned return as of yet. (Shameless plug incoming, but if you like the sort of comics I make, one of my projects was actually to make one! If you're interested, said comic will be updated regularly here)

Sorry again, and thank you for all the support so far! Keep it easy breezy lemon cheesy peasy yall

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I just binged this comic and it was great! The energy from Lucus and Barry is so fun to see, and I feel Dawn on a spiritual level. Just about everytime she was on screen my reaction was "oh big mood" Especially this right here.

I totally understand the need for a hiatus tho. I these days are treating you well despite everything going on, and I'm def looking forward to this comic's return!

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Take all the time you need with the hiatus!! However, I'm loving this so far, and Dawn feels like the poor girl needs a raise... and I love that Lucas uses sign language!! A randomizer nuzlocke for Platinum sounds like a ride, so I can't wait to see where this goes.

Riboo

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Read through the comic and as a summary: Wow, shit went from 0 to 60 really fucking fast in here XD

I like that Berry and Lucas start out as uncertain childhood friends and work their way up to TOTALLY CAN STEAL YOUR STUFF I MEAN BARROW YOUR STUFF WITHOUT ASKING mode. The type of friends that have no problem coming over and asking what's for dinner and just assimilating into your family home. Yup, that feels like Berry alright XD Loving the quirkiness of things so far, curious how its going to go from here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)